part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
PICNIC PANDEMONIUM
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 16:56:14 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
They’re just fixing the pinata back in the tree after ’s all-or-nothing attack when Angelo pulls up. Sadly, not everyone has the luxury of having a day off to party in the park. (Even if it feels like all of Hoenn’s suddenly on a national holiday, save for him.) [break][break]

Fuck the service sector. [break][break]

I’ll go. Just got to make it quick,” his bike clatters in the grass as he seizes the opportunity to take part, grinning as the organiser steps up with a blindfold. “Don’t want the boss sniffing out I’m making a detour.”[break][break]

When he takes a swing, Regulus looks intensely at the pinata as it sways in the wind with a lolling tongue, the Arcanine’s eyes fixed as it moves back and forth like a pendulum. He jumps suddenly, almost getting bonked on the head in the process, clamping his teeth around the pinata with PLAY ROUGH. [break][break]

When Angelo manages to pull the Arcanine off his prey, it’s a little bit squished under the weight of his big paws and generously layered in slobber. Whoops.[break][break]

Least the drool'll make it easier for you to break, huh?” He tells the person behind, before picking up his bike and cycling in retreat back to work.
[break][break]

0oHmjtKm

[break][break]

+ i'm just here for the endeavour. now i leave.[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.angelo]font:11px roboto;--accent:#a1b6d7[/newclass]

[newclass=.angelo b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
PICNIC PANDEMONIUM
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 23:33:25 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

greyson watched as nearly a dozen of his pokemon played among the flowers. some slept, others pouted (nini, as usual) but most seemed to enjoy themselves. in particular, the sight of ellie giving everyone their own flower crowns was heartwarming. he knew instantly nothing productive would get done today.

and that was okay.

when they brought out the pinata, ellie couldn't contain herself, immediately jumping in line. when she was up, ellie decided she would PLAY ROUGH with it.

it didn't break, but at least she enjoyed herself?

8x8HS8lk
close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
PICNIC PANDEMONIUM
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 0:59:16 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
[attr="class","charactername"]
153 for
The announcement for the next event faded into background noise as Locke led their new friend to the relative peace and quiet of their blanket. Their interest was immediately piqued by Alexei’s ramblings, nodding along vigorously as the older man spoke.

“No, I completely agree! Right now, what I’ve got is pretty much what I’ve brought with me,” he said waving a hand over the group. “But I’m always looking out for more! I’d love to have a Dragonite one day-they’re really popular back home-and I understand Pelipper is the companion of choice among a lot of other couriers here. Oh! And there’s this one I’ve seen a few times lifting air taxis around, but I don’t really know what it’s called? It looks kind of metallic-not Skarmory it’s bigger and way darker in color-and I don’t think it’s native to this region since I haven’t really seen any in the wild yet.”
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]font-style:italic;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
have a great, positive, and beautiful day!
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
PICNIC PANDEMONIUM
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 12:10:57 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar

After wandering the picnic grounds drunk on the spoils of her third-place victory (and on cherry-blossom viewing sake), Michi returned to the central area to take the bat. Literally take the bat against a pinata. She'd never actually seen one before-- it was sort of a 'modern' fad to celebrate birthdays with off-region traditions, but Michi was fully supportive of repurposing one for this spring picnic!

She wasn't sure if she was supposed to blindfold herself or her Pokemon, so she blindfolded all three of them to be safe and took turns trying to batter the hanging pinata with a fallen branch and calling directions to Momiji, who attempted to knock it down by repeatedly firing an Energy Ball attack. One particularly lucky swing even struck an Energy Ball like a pro baseball player, sending the green orb catapulting towrads the Pinata at home-run speeds. "Hiyah!" Michi cried. 

TYAMEgQ_

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
PICNIC PANDEMONIUM
POSTED ON May 31, 2021 20:03:30 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
As the afternoon pressed on all around them, Adrian and Rowan struggled to upright themselves and undo the binding, keeping them out of commission for a time. "I told you so..." He wore a smug grin with his quip, unfastening a knot. The binding began to slip free of their legs, though for a time the both of them remained sprawled on the grass until they were interrupted by the call for another game. One with a simple principle.

Hit the bloody thing. Hard.

"We should go see what's in the piñata..." His fingers lace into a cuff around Rowan's wrist, tugging upon them gently to coax them along.

On approaching the bloated Cherrim he believes it will pop any second. They're not likely to get a second chance amidst so many eager participants crowding about.

One hit. Better make it count, then. No pressure.

Holding Rillaboom's pokeball in hand, Adrian averts his attention to Rowan. "Who're you using...?" Mistral was too short for this activity, although the sight and any attempts would've been laughably entertaining.

Ahead of them Rillaboom is blinded and spun about, with a ramshackle club placed into its hands. But after losing its orientation, it drops the bat and reaches into the earth, withdrawing a wooden hammer. After shuffling about to get the lay of the land, it finally meanders towards the Cherrim and heaves its hammer back, driving it towards its intended mark in a vicious swipe.

5MtrCEy9

Rillaboom is blindfolded; uses WOOD HAMMER!
close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
PICNIC PANDEMONIUM
POSTED ON May 31, 2021 23:48:38 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

A pinata? Well, that did seem fun, didn't it? It wasn't often that his kids got to hit something and actually be allowed to. So Josh would soon lead Zack and Lyra to the pinata and encouraged people to make a wide berth, considering they were kids. But he'd have to show them how to do it first, of course. So it seemed he'd have to take a swing himself.

Not wanting to ruin the fun for his kids though, Josh would indeed take a swing, but perhaps not too hard. That pinata looked pretty sturdy though... Either way, first Lyra took a swing, and then soon after, little Zack took his own.

@tag

4CQLgpO|

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
PICNIC PANDEMONIUM
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 0:00:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","anotheronedark"]

tag
@tag
notes
Nanghi used Play Rough!
- Using Rainbow Oricorio Popcorn for +10 on Pinata roll! -
The park area was huge, and spacious, and very lively as it were with groups and pairs of people all over the place with their Pokemon along with them. It all seemed like a great time, and Tadashi wished he'd heard about it sooner to join in on the socializing and the fun, but he was happy being able to exist in a small corner of the park that he'd found to settle with Cassio and Nanghi. The elephant had been dozing, while Tadashi had taken to brushing through Cassio's fur after taking off his harness for a bit, when it seemed that activity was picking up a bit and a group of people was following along with something moving into the park. Then he heard the announcement, a pinata that was open for anyone to take a good swing at, so long as you got to use a fairy type attack or a grass type attack. Well that sounded like fun! If anything, he knew Nanghi would be able to give that pinata one heck of a swing! Tadashi got up with Cassio and Nanghi and lead the way towards the pinata, and waiting their turn for a swing Tadashi bid the Copperajah forward to take a whack at it. Nanghi trumpeted in delight, lumbering forward towards the pinata, and raising her trunk she hit with a Play Rough attack to give it their best shot at breaking the pinata open.

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]color:#A490FF; font-weight:lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]color:#A490FF; font-style:italic; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
eUSekjiQ
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
PICNIC PANDEMONIUM
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 3:55:55 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Just in case Yams' dumb ass forgets to participate in the fun times at 3AM, Chu-e also was going to take a swing at the Pinata.

Or, well, his pokemon were since he had the constitution of a limp noodle. Thankfully, he had plenty of Fairy times to assblast the cardboard menace and try to win the big boy prize.

Calling out, to start, his cute Sprinkles - the Skitty threw the stick at the Pinata with her mouth. While not strong, her Disarming Voice[/b[ boosting the stick to slam into the pinata sure would help.

75039|dF
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
PICNIC PANDEMONIUM
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 6:05:52 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]PICNIC PANDEMONIUM

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

EVENT THREAD - ENDS MAY 31ST
SETTING: APRIL
VERDANTURF TOWN

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/591796723928662048/825500548136566784/endevspringost.mp3[/player][break][break]

SPRINGTIME IN HOENN

[break][break][break]

THE PINATA FINALLY BREAKS! Strands of confetti accompany a flurry of treats. Poffins, berries, and more greet 's Skitty, who celebrates in their newfound candy cornucopia.[break][break][break]

PINATA REWARD!

CONGRATULATIONS TO who was the last to strike the pinata before it broke! For this accomplishment, they win the following awards that can be immediately placed in their PC.[break][break]

FINAL NOTES

THANK YOU SO MUCH to VERBATIM for conceptualizing and running this event. We hope you all enjoyed this scene of Hoennian spring.

Remember, this thread can be used in your curries as an event thread.