S.P.E.C.T.R.A. TRINITY TRIALS: INITIATION (MEGA)

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,350 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON May 22, 2023 2:46:10 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]S.P.E.C.T.R.A. TRINITY TRIALS

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

MEMBER EVENT - ROCKET PVE
MAY 1 - JUNE 30

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/635514454108405760/1110035507834011729/Virtues_Last_Reward_OST__1-15_Monitor.mp3[/player]
[break]
🎼 Monitor | Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward | Shinji Hosoe

THE INITIATION: ROUND 3

ICLY SET AFTER POSTDORMITUM,[break]
BEFORE GOODBYE GALAR
[break]

THE VOTES ARE CALCULATED AS THE DISCUSSION RAMPS ON. When attempts to vote all options, he finds that the computer registers none; a vote for all is equivalent to no vote at all.[break][break]

Option A, "The Threats We Know," is selected by , , , , , and .[break][break]

Option B, "The Threats Within," is selected by only and .[break][break]

Option C, "The Threats Unknown," is the most popular choice, selected by , , , , , , , , , , and .[break][break]

A WARNING BEEPS FOR AND , FOR FAILING TO VOTE. IF THEY DO NOT POST THIS ROUND, THEY WILL BE REMOVED FROM THIS EVENT AND REPLACED WITH AN ALTERNATE.
[break][break]

[break][break]

When the votes are tallied in full, the following is revealed:[break][break]

• OPTION A, THE THREATS WE KNOW: 6 VOTES
  • OPTION B, THE THREATS WITHIN: 2 VOTES
  • OPTION C, THE THREATS UNKNOWN: 11 VOTES

[break][break]

A cold, monotone voice once more resounds through the speakers: "YOU ARE CORRECT TO BE CONCERNED REGARDING THE THREATS AS YET UNKNOWN. PART OF S.P.E.C.T.R.A.'S RESEARCH INVOLVES EXTENSIVELY INVESTIGATING THE LEGENDARIES WE KNOW LEAST ABOUT. THIS ALLOWS US TO BUILD OUR INTELLIGENCE AND PREPARE OURSELVES INTERNALLY FOR FUTURE RISKS." [break][break]

To illustrate, an image of KYUREM from the events of METENO flashes on the screen, the bone-chilling cold somehow emanating through the chamber despite the fact it is nothing but an image on a monitor.[break][break]

"UNFORTUNATELY," the voice continues, "THIS MAKES OUR DATA REGARDING THESE LEGENDARIES THE MOST INACCURATE. WHERE WE DO NOT HAVE EXACT KNOWLEDGE, WE HAVE DONE OUR BEST TO REPLICATE IN OUR SIMULATIONS WITH DATA GATHERED FROM POWERFUL POKEMON OF SIMILAR SCALE."[break][break]

The screen shifts again to the multitude of Pokemon that had filled it prior.[break][break]

"THAT WHICH WE HAVE THE BEST DATA ON, WE CAN PREPARE FOR MOST ACCURATELY IN OUR SIMULATIONS. WHETHER THAT IS AN INTERNAL THREAT, OR AN EXTERNAL ONE."[break][break]

"IN THE END, ALL THREE CATEGORIES ARE WORTHY OF OUR INVESTIGATION."
[break][break]

The monitor clears. This time, when it changes sequences, a new image reveals itself. It seems some final decision has been made after the discussion inherent to last round. Whether or not it was based on the voting, or the discussions the voting invited, it seems to have been finalized only here and now.[break][break]

FINAL CALCULATIONS COMPLETE![break]
PLEASE REVIEW YOUR TEAMS:
[break][break]
[break][break]

NOTE: is not included in the above, as he is an alternate!
[break][break]

With this announced, S.P.E.C.T.R.A. gear is prepared for you to undergo the simulation. Each team has a different set, but they are all the same standard fare: a bracelet, marked with a code denoting your team. Beside it is a blank space, waiting for your input:[break][break]

"NAME YOUR TEAM. YOUR TASK WILL BE ASSIGNED AFTER."

MEGATHREAD RULES

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY to understand the expectations of this event.[break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • Teams of THREE will be set at the mod's (Scarlet) discretion. If you have concerns about pairings, please DM Scarlet ahead of time.
  • Interactions during this megathread will be monitored in the designing of these teams.
  • AFK behavior and low activity in this megathread may lead to a character's dismissal from the event overall.
  • Please provide a TL;DR with each post.
  • You may post multiple times in a single round, but be courteous of others.
  • You may have ONE Pokemon out at a time from your sign-up list.
  • Please be respectful of thread partners and trust one another in the storytelling process.
  • POST AT LEAST ONCE PER ROUND TO INDICATE ACTIVITY AND INTEREST.
  • If you are stuck, please consider the optional prompts at the end of each round when moving forward.

[break][break]

More rules may come as this megathread continues.

ROUND THREE PROMPTS:

YOU MAY USE THE FOLLOWING OPTIONAL GUIDELINES to help forward round three of the event.[break][break]
[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • Meet up with your team mates!
  • Share your strengths and weaknesses with one another and strategize.
  • Discuss what Pokemon you've brought/expertise you offer.
  • Theorize about the other teams, or why yours was put together.
  • DECIDE ON A TEAM NAME! Be warned: If you cannot think of one by the deadline, one will be decided for you!
  • HAVE FUN!

ROUND THREE DEADLINE:

[break]SATURDAY May 27, 11:59AM EST.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omgentop"]background-color:#3a507e;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right,#3a507e,#dfe4ed);font:800 35px Poppins;font-weight:800!important;line-height:30px;text-align:left;padding:45px;letter-spacing:-2px;margin-bottom:7px;border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Black Dog
He/Him
November 9th
Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Hitman
Swordsman
147 height
147 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
437 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hitoshi
Hitoshi Inoue
POSTED ON May 22, 2023 5:49:50 GMT
Hitoshi Inoue Avatar
Ceruledge clings to Hitoshi like a shadow. Its blue eyes are calm, watching the world impassively as his trainer argues. Only when the cold robotic voice of someone far away cuts through the chatter does he stir. Alongside him, his trainer moves. The names on offer mean nothing to him. Names, as a rule, wash off his brain like water off a camel’s back. In his world of actions and their consequences, names don’t hold much meaning. He can’t even remember his own mother’s name, how is he supposed to remember the name of strangers?[break]
Naturally, their input on the team name isn’t required. Trotting forward like a small dog going to grab a treat, he snags up his bracelet. Locking it to his wrist, he looks at the screen waiting for his input.[break]
Heh. Only one name worth taking. Sup, Team Sword?” He presses the name in before hitting enter. It becomes evident that he doesn’t know who his teammates are when he speaks to the crowd at large rather than any individuals therein.[break][break]
Hope one of ya’s got a good brain on ya. Can’t really blame me if I don’t do good if neither of you are good at giving orders.

Hitoshi is an idiot, names the team Team Sword.
close tab

played by

Nemu

She/Her; They/Them
Ecruteak City
Fond of girls
Failure
Grunt
26 height
26 height
awards
63 posts
part of
TAG WITH @serendipity
Saki Shitachi
POSTED ON May 22, 2023 8:00:20 GMT
Saki Shitachi Avatar

Saki glanced to Shred without turning her head to face him, mouth curling into a sharp little grin. "Well, next time, then, huh? And good luck."

With nothing more to say, the grey-haired girl sauntered off. Her assigned teammates were quite easy to find; one had already been in her mind's eye, and the other simply stood out in general. It helped that they were already in close proximity. She closed her eyes for one second to gather her thoughts, then approached with a calm smile.

"Hello! Or, hello again, heheh." After addressing the trio, she turned to Makoto with an apologetic look. "Sorry to break up your group over here. I wonder if the choices were random, or if they had some criteria...? If it's any consolation, I love your hair."

That was all the attention she gave them, turning to Amor and Violet and clasping her hands together. "It's nice to meet and re-meet you both! My name is Saki, but feel free to call me Yakumo." She giggled a little, at what seemed like an in-joke.

"So we have to pick a team name, huh...?" She thought for just a moment, then pointed at her teammates one by one. "Violet. Rose." Then, to herself. "'Bloom'. We could be Team Flower! I have quite a love of grass-types, you know. Although I... I, uh, ran out, a while back." She looked to the side, with an awkward pained smile.

"...well, on the topic of my team... My current physical friends are one Metagross, one Annihilape, and... errrh, and one of the weird Gallades that looks like a robot. From the Battle of Dewford, you know?" She reached up, timidly scratching the back of her head. "I don't really have a specialty or particular strength, sorry. On the plus side, I don't think I have a weakness either though! I guess I'm kinda boring like that, heheheheh."

She makes brief comments to and , then introduces herself and her Pokemon to and .
They'll be Team Flower if Violet doesn't put a stop to her.
close tab

played by

Flood

X
She/Her
March 6th
Nimbasa City
Asexual
Ultramodernist
Executive
5'7 height
5'7 height
Look to the future, see in it everything you've ever wanted. Now find the strength to grab it.
awards
514 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flood
Xenon Antheil
POSTED ON May 22, 2023 9:27:02 GMT
Xenon Antheil Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

"Team A huh? Hmmmm, not a fan, would much rather have been on Team F. But oh well, no point in dwelling on what's already happened." Xenon shrugs as she pulls Rhodium back into its Pokeball and heads over to her partners, one gloomy looking guy () and one boring looking girl who tried to blow her off earlier (). Neither of them would probably be propping her up that much, which means she'd basically have to carry this whole team on her own. Fine by her, gives her all the more chance to shine the brightest.[break][break]

"Alright Team Ultramodern Futurists, listen good and listen hard! Basically I'm just going to carry you through this whole test, so all you have to do is not drag me down! Like I said earlier, if you hold me back in any way, I'll bite your faces off! Long as we understand that, I think we'll all get along just fine! My specialties are whatever I feel like at the given moment, my team is a lovely team of ultramodern Pokemon like Rhodium, Radon, and Argon, and my hobbies are cooking and building cool new futures!" And with that introduction out of the way, she would immediately steamroll anyone else's introduction or protests as she snaps on the bracelet and enters in the team name as Team Ultramodern Futurists. Go team!

[break][break]

+

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#1F51FF;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Senpai

He/Him
January 01
Fortree City
Heterosexual
Rocket Employee
Grunt
175 CM height
175 CM height
awards
376 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gerald
Gerald Kaiser
POSTED ON May 22, 2023 17:03:17 GMT
Gerald Kaiser Avatar

Guess they don’t like smart ass votes, eh?

For once a small and brief smile appeared on his lips. Oh well, it wasn’t like his single vote would’ve changed the outcome of this election, after all, elections were always rigged from the beginning, right?

But well enough about that.

The votes were tallied and C became the winner. Gerald listened to the cold Monotonous voice calling out. His eyes locked onto the imagine of Kyrum, a cold shiver ran down his spine, and a sensation he did not often feel. It was fear. Fear that this was something he could not beat no matter how much he tried. Gerald wasn’t a man of faith, but he had heard and seen what that monster had managed to do, so if he had to puth is faith in something then Kyurem was a pretty strong contender.

Next up came the teams. He quickly found his face and name alongside two others whom he did not recognize. But he quickly set to finding them in the crowd.

Once he had found both and he would rather promptly state. “I don’t really care for fancy names. So why don’t we just call ourselves Team G?” Clearly the overseers of this whole thing had given them a perfectly valid team name.

TAGS: /
TLDR:
- Gerald finds his team mates, and suggests a very original team name.

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,329 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON May 22, 2023 18:33:17 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
a tally and a presentation afterwards, people were eventually grouped into threes. he checks his, and finds names of people he already knows the faces of, whether by overhearing conversations or snooping around for a list of participants before the actual exams started.

both of them were already in the main huddle of participants, making it easy to group up. walking up, he places his arms over the shoulders of and , flashing an apologetic look to the rest of the crowd.

"sorry guys," he tells the people they've been discussing with earlier, "but i'm fishin' these guys away from ya. gotta get the group bonding rollin', y'know. hope you understand."

he drags them away, and as soon as they're out of an earshot, he whispers in their ears. "you guys won the jackpot. you got the expert on these kinda things."

arms were released soon afterwards. "let's do our best, boys!" he cheers loudly.

@tags

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON May 22, 2023 19:56:10 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac shot a brief grin 's way. See? He was right! Instead of being paired with the old friends he'd found, or the new group that had formed around him, he was working with people that he'd never seen before. Nevertheless, he wasn't just expecting it. He was looking forward to it. This was his element. This was where he'd shine best.[break][break]

As slung a shoulder over him and , he knew it was showtime. He fired a quick salute and a winning smile off to the group of people he'd been spending time around. "Catch you all on the other side," he said, ready for some good old fashioned group bonding to begin.[break][break]

"SPECTRA expert, eh? You think you're some kinda SPExpert?" The light tease in Isaac's voice was a challenge, but it wasn't a dismissal. Instead, it was an invitation. It was clear that Priam had caught his attention, and he was oh so eager to hear more.[break][break]

Isaac lightly lobbed two balls to the ground. Now joining Ferrus Manus were his Blastoise and Dragonite, the two already in mid secret handshake before the light of the Pokeball release even faded. They parted ways on the last "explosion", expectantly holding their fists out to Ferrus.[break][break]

Perhaps it wasn't a surprise when the Iron Hands' fists launched out from his sides, smooshing the two into opposing sides of the holodeck's walls.[break][break]

". . . We're gonna need to work on that one," he sheepishly acknowledged, before turning back to Priam and Alba. "Anyway, that's who I'm packing. Let's all do some show and tell, and talk shop about how the B-Stie Boys are gonna take this little war game by storm? We've only got so much time before they push the big red button and throw us into the mess, after all. We should make the most of it."[break][break]

"And since you're the SPExpert here, how 'bout you kick things of?"

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST / @m-M-M-M-MEGATHREAD

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
awards
706 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON May 22, 2023 20:39:27 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
"Hm? Yeah, sure, whatever."

Your response to is akin to a verbal shrug. You didn't really need to justify your flimsy attempt at taking the middle ground, but you suppose you appreciate the effort. Though, does that really count for much? After all, of the group gathered here, you two are the only ones who seem to share that opinion. Oh well. No bad ideas in brainstorming, right? And at the very least, you'll get uniqueness points.

Of course, uniqueness points probably means not many points, but it is what it is.

The monitors change, and your team is revealed. Team A, huh? They must think highly of you, for you to rank as an "A". Or, more likely, your name just happened to be on the third scrap of paper that they blindly pulled out of the hat. Whatever the case may be, you know your team, so there's no more time to waste. You take a short stroll over to your designated checkpoint, meet your team, and-- Ah, shit, they paired you with the screamy bitch. Fuck.

Yeah, you're done. You've failed. You can't say you didn't see this coming. Sure, might, MIGHT, be competent, but ? This glorified Pokemart manager trying to act like an Admin? And she's going to try and order you around like you give a damn what she thinks? There's no chance in hell. End of the line. It's so over...

...But, may as well see it through, right? Maybe you get a medal for participation or something. So, clearing your throat, you prepare to make nice and introduce yourself to your--

"OI!" With speed you didn't know you had in you, your arm shoots out, grabbing Xenon's wrist before she can hit the confirm button. Arceus wept, not only is she annoying and bossy, but she's got all the style of a Magikarp in the desert. "Are you dumb? No, really, are you a fucking dumbass? Are you? What kind of dumbfuck name is 'Superfuture Modernists'? That's the lamest name I've ever heard. It's so lame, I'm cutting you out. You've lost naming privileges. I'm picking the name now."

With that declaration made, you proceed to shove the girl out of the way, before entering in your own, better, cooler name.

Shred Zeppelin and the Shredettes

Yeah, that's a good name. Dare you say, a great name. Hell, it might even be the best name. Granted, you're not sure you want to claim Screamy Bitch as one of your "Shredettes", but hey, gotta start somewhere, right? You're in this together, so you'll play nice and give her half membership, and by your count, 1.5 Shredettes is still more than 1, so when you add it all up, the maths checks out. Now, all that's left is for you to hit the confirm button--

TL;DR - The infighting begins NOW.

close tab

played by

Junkohz

Sylvie
she/her
July 6
Accumula Town
Bisexual
Spy
Grunt
10 height
10 height
awards
89 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sylviacousteau
Sylvia Cousteau
POSTED ON May 23, 2023 0:01:05 GMT
Sylvia Cousteau Avatar
Sylvia blinked, having been focusing out on something else in the room when the entire group had been asked to vote for something. She was caught staring off into space, although inside of her mind, she was busy wracking her brain around what her answer would be. Sure, the unknown was pretty scary and had a reason for people to worry about it, but the most dangerous stuff was by the things you always overlooked! Unless they weren't looking for that answer. Who knew? So when the buzz went out to show her lack of a vote, the red head jumped right back into things once more as the woman in charge of this little shindig would begin splitting the massive group up into teams of 3s. And much to her surprise, Sylvia had been planted with that one loud girl from before and some other person she never met before. So this would be interesting! But another guy was also with them! And he had sunglasses! That meant that he meant business. SYlvia wandered up and with a small wave, she'd grin. "I'm gunna call you Shredder. That's waaaay cooler than Shred."

She didn't need to wait too long before the other girl, , would approach them and the other guy before launching into another sort of dialogue about being the strongest of the three. Would she live up to being her own hype machine? Time would tell, but Sylvia was quiet as she hung onto every word. Once Xenon was done, Sylvia beamed at the girl, bringing both hands together. "Wow, you must be super strong then!~ I'll stay out of your way then, Xennie!" Was it sarcastic? It could have been. But There was a genuine sort of naivety that was embedded inside of the girl's tone of voice as she started herself. "I'm probably super weak compared to you two, just a lowly little grunt." She stuck her tongue out, giving herself a shrug while gently swinging around to pick up a bracelet. But she'd crack a grin while swinging the cute, fashionable accessory around her right index finger. "But I'm a pretty good spy! I used to work for the science division. But then I maaaaybe got placed elsewhere because I accidentally made an Electrode use Self Destruct inside of a research lab. But that's besides the point! I tried out because I was kind of bored and this seemed pretty cool to do."

She twirled around, juggling three Pokeballs between her fingers before her teammates while looking to Xenon. "I'm an expert of the best type of Pokémon. The creme de la creme: Bug types! I mean, I got them taken away for misuse...But I am! Little known fact, my Scizor is in the top percentage of Scizors~ Besides that, I have a Mawile and a Grapploct! And that's about it." She gave a pleased smile at her little elevator pitch to the two while Xenon went to plug in their name. It was futuristic like she seemed to give off that vibe. Her hand raised and ready to hit the accept button, Sylvia would watch as Shredder then interrupted the name confirmation and got into an argument with Xenon. He didn't seem like a big fan of her name and his own own selection out there. Sylvia leaned over his shoulder to go and watch what he might have typed inside. This one, compared to the last, seemed way more metal and kind of a one man star thing like this. Right as he would go for the accept button, as his finger hovered over the accept button.

"Boop!"

Sylvia and stepped in front of his finger, the man's digit poking into her cheek as she went for the naming box. "Hm, looks like I'll be the tie breaker then! Both names are cool, but this is a team effort, Shredder. So lemme just..." Typ, typ, typ. went the keyboard before the Rocket spun around to show off her name. "Feast your eyes on our name!~"

POSTMODERN SHREDETTES

"Pretty cool, right?" Sylvia said, then immediately slammed her hand on the accept button before either could reply. "Aaaaand we're done!"

NOTES
• Blanks out while in thought during voting
• Meets her teammates @shredzepplin and
• Loves the team names
• Makes up her own team name combining both and hits accept

close tab

played by

Oob

He/him
Twenty-five
November 17th
Opelucid City
Gay
Researcher
Grunt
idk height
idk height
Days fade into a watercolour blur / Memories swim and haunt you
awards
239 posts
Alba Evovae DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alba
Alba Evovae
POSTED ON May 23, 2023 1:21:44 GMT
Alba Evovae Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","albaTemp"]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","tag"]

The Strongest of Shapes

As he basked in the satisfaction of being right (alright, so the overhead voice had said all three threats needed their attention, but that was obvious and he was choosing to interpret 'YOU ARE CORRECT' as personally as possible), a blue-haired stranger slipped past Alba's lowered defences, dragging him away from the lame, mainstream group, to form their much cooler band of three.[break][break]

Of course, team names and nicknames were an instrumental part of group bonding, which someone as naturally inspiring as, uh — hang on what name does it say under his face — Isaac Merlo understood. B-Stie Boys could have the seal of approval. SPExpert… the centrifuge was still spinning on that one.[break][break]

"So that'd be… Special Executive 'xpert." Somehow, the wordplay managed to completely sabotage the meticulously crafted acronym that was S.P.E.C.T.R.A., while still having an identity of its own. Not just an 'xpert, but a Special Executive 'xpert. …Whatever that meant.[break][break]

In contrast to the drama of Isaac's Pokémon being slammed into a wall, there was tragically no secret handshake in Alba's team… though his Iron Moth didn't even have hands, so maybe that had something to do with it.[break][break]

"This is who I've got. I guess we won't know exactly what we're dealing with until we're in there, but I could try paralysing it, or putting it to sleep to try and give us an advantage." It was show and tell, but he didn't want to get too carried away before their resident SPExpert could chime in.

[attr="class","gunstest5ooc"]

NOTES

Event: S.P.E.C.T.R.A. Trinity Trials[break]
He's smug anime girl emoji over the vote[break]
's pun receives intense scrutiny[break]
Talking about his Pokémon, spiritually he's head-in-hands waiting for the lore drop

[break][break]@spectres

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.albaTemp]--accent:#3628c5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.albaTemp]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.3px;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp h1"]font:18px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp h2"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp .tag"]letter-spacing:.5px;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:18px;font:800 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp .post b"]font-size:14px;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp .pkmn img"]margin:5px -7px -10px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp .credit"]width:125px;background-color:#1c1c1c;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp .credit a"]font-size:10px;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
But I, I will, go on howling and hollow
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON May 23, 2023 2:56:39 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]
[attr="class","ashley1body"]

Out-sassed, and out-voted. Ashley didn't want to reveal to that asshole Rocket that he was bothered about that vote, but he did stir the pot. The unknown was a compelling argument, and it wasn't that he was acting against the man. He was honestly just trying to explain his viewpoint, but then the energetic girl () who called him... whatever it was? She raised a point.[break][break]

Enough that even hopped aboard. That stung a little, but he can't blame the guy. and some other guy () said A for Ashley. Made him feel a little better.[break][break]

Immediately dashed upon being in a team with the jackass, and the man already decided on their team name. Team Sword? That was awfully boring, but Ashley wasn't going to let the guy know. Crossing his arms, he gives him a look. "Yeah. Sure."[break][break]

What rotten luck.[break][break]

Teamwork was a two-way street. Instead of being combative, he just relaxes himself, realizing how much less it got him, and simply takes it in stride. Wouldn't be his fault they'd lose. Quite the contrary.

, [break][break]

NOTES

- OUTFIT[break]
- Unhappy with the teams, Ashley just lets it be. No reason to be combative.[break]
- Realizes in responding to Hitoshi, he reveals his identity to who Hitoshi's teammate is. Great.

[attr="class","ashley1pkmn"]

[attr="class","ashley1credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".ashley1"]--accent:#4066E0;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Flood

X
She/Her
March 6th
Nimbasa City
Asexual
Ultramodernist
Executive
5'7 height
5'7 height
Look to the future, see in it everything you've ever wanted. Now find the strength to grab it.
awards
514 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flood
Xenon Antheil
POSTED ON May 23, 2023 3:23:02 GMT
Xenon Antheil Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Xenon really couldn't care less about the immense look of disappointment on 's face as he witnesses who he's been paired up with, nor does she particularly care about immediately assigning her some asinine nickname. What she does care about though, is gloomy's uninvited touch upon her wrist and his unsolicited critique of her incredibly stylish and Ultramodern sense of aesthetics. Just one of those things on their own, maybe she would have let it slide with just a biting word and a harsh glare. But both at once? Well yeah, it shouldn't be any surprise what happense when you grab and yell at a dangerous creature you see in the wild.
[break][break]
After a moment of blank staring right into those mirrored shades, Xenon's other hand snaps up and punches the prick right in the nose.
[break][break]
It's not hard enough to break the cartilage! She wasn't the kind of savage who would maim her teammate over something minor like this! But she very obviously needed to establish her authority right now if she was going to be getting anywhere with these amoeba brained morons, and what better way to do that than with a good show of Ultramodern violence? She yanks her hand from Shred's grip and wipes it off against her coat, letting out a cold sigh as she really focuses her attention on Shred now.
[break][break]
"The team name is Ultramodern Futurists, you dumb fuck savage bone for brains! And if you want to criticize my superior aesthetic, maybe you should consider updating your wardrobe, the 80s was 40 years ago you pathetic wannabe hair metal rock star!" So focused is she on verbally tearing apart this moron, that she barely notices the other girl introducing herself as some kind of spy, nor does she notice her completely changing both of the names they submitted and combining them into a horrible slurry of cool ultramodern aesthetic and pathetic rock star bravado. Maybe later she would notice and bemoan the horrifyingly cruel moniker that had been forced upon her, the tragedy of postmodern stylishness combined with the utter lameness of a word like "Shredettes", but for now she was completely and entirely focused on starting a fight with Shred.
[break][break]
Things were not going well for the Postmodern Shredettes.

[break][break]

+ Xenon punches in the nose, straight up[break]
Also, ignoring because she's more focused on starting and ending a fight.

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#1F51FF;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
awards
706 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON May 23, 2023 5:15:47 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
The nerve of this bitch...

Being annoying? Fine. That's not illegal. That's not a crime. Even if it was, who is the pot to call the kettle black? You've been plenty annoying before, and you'll assuredly be annoying again in the future. You don't like her, but you didn't have to like her. No, You just had to grit your teeth long enough to get through this, and odds-on, you'd never have to work with her again. Simple enough.

Insulting you? Fine. Are you supposed to be hurt by her words? You've spent all your life being insulted by people who think they're better than you, and in that tall, tall hierarchy of the rich and popular and powerful, Screamy Bitch ranks low in both influence and in wit. She's just another Rocket Grunt, like you, and if her idea of a scathing comeback is to call you "bone for brains", then her barbs are woefully blunt. She's trying to spite a mountain by throwing stones at it, and you couldn't care less.

Punching you? Fine! It's not even the worst you've been hit this week! You have to respect the sheer moxie of the move. If you were in her shoes, you'd probably have punched yourself, too. It's actually very Shredette of her, y'know? Very cool, very evocative, and very hot. After a showing like that, you might've even considered upgrading her to a full Shredette! Except...

Doing all of that, AND insulting your style? That was where you drew the line.

A part of you felt bad for , or as you know her, the better Shredette. Really, she's an innocent bystander to what's about to happen. Even now, she's going off about how she loves Bug types and scientific malpractice, without a care in the world. Alas, she got paired with the human equivelants of volatile chemicals and a lit cigarette, and she's got a front row seat to the fireworks.

"You just made the biggest mistake of your life, you cunt."

Your hand settles upon one of your Pokeballs. Fuck your team, fuck Rocket, fuck S.P.E.C.T.R.A, and fuck . You're not going to let your pride be insulted like this. You want to talk a big game? Time to back it the fuck up.

"Slither Wing! H--"

CRUNCH! As you release Slither Wing from its Pokeball, it immediately attacks. Unfortunately, its strike lands not on her face, but your own, and unlike Xenon's flimsy excuse for a punch, this one easily breaks your nose. You flop down to the ground, stunned, as the Paradox Pokemon stands over your body, its tail wagging back and forth like an overeager dog.

With a groan, you quickly scramble to your feet, shooting the insect a scornful look as you wipe the trickling blood from your nose. This didn't go quite as you hoped, did it? Well, not much to be done about it now. You can't pick a fight when you've already gotten your ass kicked by your own Pokemon. No, loathe as you are to admit it, that's one warning that you can't just brush off. With your pride sufficiently bruised, you glance between and before you quietly walk over to claim your bracelet. The Postmodern Shredettes aren't disbanding just yet, and you can thank your bastard of a Slither Wing for that.

Though, that doesn't mean you're accepting defeat.

"...This isn't over. We'll settle this later, after this exercise is done with. Try not to die before then, yeah?"

TL;DR - Shred seethes, copes, malds, tries to pick a fight, gets beaten up by his own insect, and decides to play """nice""" for the time being.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
THIS REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE A DINNER PARTY
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON May 23, 2023 16:48:09 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
THANK ARCEUS FOR MEMORIZING THE PANEL WITH THE PEOPLE'S NAMES; Selena doesn't have to ask people who she has been grouped with. But when she realizes who her teammates are, she takes time to ponder how the decision is even made. Honestly, she prefers people who she has already worked with, like and , as she has pegged them compatible with her workstyle.

But maybe, perhaps, these people are too as well.

already claims the spot in-front the monitor to input a poorly thought name as she hears no contention from the previously outspoken .

"Got no fight in you left?" She teases but in a tone more persuading. "Don't be discouraged; there is no correct answer."

She walks past and then taps for him to sidestep, the Kalosian taking his place by the screen. "S.P.E.C.T.R.A. is a team. A question about the top priority is pointless when you designate work in a team, unless..." Selena makes a dramatic pause. "The question is more of a test of character."

She clears the word 'SWORD', pauses for a second, and then types in her own suggestion. "All it means is we've probably covered every blind spot in our time. You worry about the threats we already know and and I worry about those unknown."

She looks at the screen for one moment, and then to her teammates. "How does that sound, 'TEAM GODSLAYER'?

TL;DR
- SELENA wonders why she's teamed with her current teammates but decides to give them a chance
- Encourages
- Deletes 's entry (SORRY AKJSDHBAS) and suggests 'TEAM GODSLAYER'
close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
627 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
POSTED ON May 23, 2023 21:04:42 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Sometimes, she just had to crumple her nose. Whoever had decided these teams certainly had done a good job at mixing them some volatile concoctions, judging by what was already happening. Apparently, Team Loudmouth was ready to throw down over naming rights, even though Vio had already given them a fitting one in her head. Because that most certainly would make them seem like reliable people for an operational unit like this.
[break][break]

Pah. As for herself, she at least got one reasonable person she knew in addition to that child from before. Could be better, could be worse. At least the young one seemed somewhat focused on cooperation, which was good to know. Plus, she had the manners to apologize to the third member of their group that had ended up not being in the team. All around she seemed like a good kid. Which kind of made her the most out of place person in Rocket to begin with. That aside about running out of grass types coupled with the awkward glance did explain some things, however.
[break][break]

Best to assist her a little in not getting lost in that funk. “Well, in the language of flowers – one of them, most cultures have their own – the violet is February and represents Wisdom and hope, while the rose is June, representing love and appreciation. Right between them is the daisy of April with youth and purity, which would be a semi-decent fit for you, I reckon.” Youth at least. Purity was a long way off in Rocket, after all.
[break][break]

She briefly angled her head, clearly thinking. “As for the team, I am a bit of a Ghost-type trainer in some regards myself. Though just ‘flowers’ feels a bit mundane. Our team would be something made of flowers, after all. Like a Bouquet or a Garland.”
[break][break]

+ throwing some shade at the shredderettes, tries to class up the flower idea

[newclass=.blboxfl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#COLORGOESHERE;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]