2,452 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
MANTINE SURFING (SPLASHFEST)
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 10:18:11 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
the last one doesn't count since he was just warming up. you can't call exercises actual attempts since they're really just that.

this time, he's serious. he never fails on anything, and every "fail" he got was just him messing around or simply testing the waters. he still hasn't synergizes with his mantine, and only then will it actually count.

he goes into the water on the mantine, ready for a go.

8dsXLymp
magikarp splash

@tags
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,668 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 10:44:11 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
That all didn't sound nearly as bad as the last one. Hideo's doppelganger once more got back on the Mantine, determined to get this trick done properly.

Perhaps it was egged on by how many others were attempting the Magikarp Splash as well.

M7ApLIPw
Attempting Magikarp Splash

Point count: 500

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 10:55:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Marshall felt like he was getting better with every attempt, getting closer to executing a perfect MAGIKARP SPLASH on the back of his Mantine. He hopped on again today with intent to improve even more, if not perform the trick in its entirety. Whispering encouraging words to his rented Pokémon, Marshall gave her a quick pat. And then they were off!

nERw2edD

NOTES
+ Mantine Surfing
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 11:42:31 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelocam"]
The day goes by in a blur of flying from Mossdeep to Dewford with cargo to the remote island, leaving no time in the morning for his now routine date with the waves. Such is the life of the sky bound. He wouldn’t trade it.

Angelo squeezes a little dip in during the evening, instead. Splashfest still humming with life behind him, sunshine sparkling on the ocean surface traded for the artificial glow of string lights along their docks.

As an event organiser starts to set up their nightly fireworks display, Angelo sets up a PRIMARINA TWIST.

MCeMtJSI

mantine surf
[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,565 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 12:33:55 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
One day Arceus would bless him with the fabled Magikarp Splash, but was it this day?

DN2WPzHf

No, no it was not.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 13:01:56 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","katherine"]
[attr="class","luck"]
[attr="class","postbody"]

"okay."
[break][break]
it wasn't okay. "that was..." she considers her words before continuing, "..close. just- towards the end, your spin is meant to be longer, i think. don't worry about me. i won't get hurt." surprisingly, katherine tries to encourage the mantine to do better through positive reinforcement or something similar to that. she's treading unknown territory, and it shows.
[break][break]
"okay. over-the-gyarados. again!"
[break][break]
a0Lr25o6

[break][break]
notes:[break]
- magikarp splash & over-the-gyarados both performed[break]
- 7500 points

[attr="class","accent"]
[attr="class","fas fa-moon"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@ @taggoeshere

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","swarmbottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[newclass=".katherine"]--accent:#963030;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .luck .postbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .luck .postbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .luck .postbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .lyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .luck .lyrics span {transition:1s all;} .luck:hover .lyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .postbody img"] float: left; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; margin: 1px 31px 21px 1px; height:100px; width:100px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .accent"]font-size:70px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".swarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".swarmbottom .pkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:2px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Open+Sans:400,600|Poppins:500,600,700|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
private investigator
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,606 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 13:17:24 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
it shouldn't really be a question on how many times kyle is willing to do it, but how many times does he need to try in order to perfect the move.

he gets on the mantine again after the last try. another magikarp splash shouldn't be too hard given that a lot of people have already done it. he's not special, but it shouldn't be a too difficult of a trick if there's more than three people that have already achieved such feat.

with another try, he attempts the trick.

nipO7XVe
magikarp splash

@tags
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
A keen mind cuts deeper than even the sharpest sword.
awards
1,212 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 15:26:34 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","mon"]

[attr="class","monlyrics"]Live in the sunshine, swim in the sea
[attr="class","monbody"]Flush with joy and relief that she'd managed to at least replicate her earlier success with a relatively simple trick, Aurelie geared up to attempt the Primarina Twist again. She'd gotten to watch several other surfers perform it successfully and many others fail to complete it, so she thought she should at least understand the theoretical basis of getting the trick right. Of course, that logic didn't really apply to every trick, though! She'd seen so many people attempt the fabled Magikarp Splash, with only a small number of successes at best, and she wasn't sure that she wanted to attempt that one anytime soon. Surfing and flipping with precision and coordination still weren't anything that she'd consider strengths of hers, even with all the practice and trying she'd done so far.

[attr="class","montag"]

jeP0oVUr
Failed the Primarina Twist spectacularly!
Total points: 1000

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.mon]width:340px;padding:40px;background:#862939;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mon img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.monlyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.monbody]width:340px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:11px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:verdana;color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.montag]text-align:center;font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.montag a]font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,408 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 15:30:24 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]
[attr="class","littlejay"]

they crash into the water horribly, a failure at an attempt, but jayden is not one to give up so easily. once he's able to get his bearings, he rents another mantine and takes to the sea again.

[break][break] they try the over-the-gyarados once more.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
q8JRfTQ5

[newclass=".littlejay"]--accent:#955adf; } .littlejay { font:12px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px; } .littlejay b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .littlejay i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .littlejay u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:0.5px; } .littlejay .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .littlejay .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jaytop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323; border-radius:5px; } .jaytop img { filter:grayscale(90%); padding-top:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

liekos

leo, leon
he/him
twenty-eight
september 30th
rustboro city, hoenn
demirom. bisex.
ceo, inventor
ace
save a little
love for me
6 ft 5 in (~196 cm) height
6 ft 5 in (~196 cm) height
i wish i were better, i wish i had strength. i wish i had anything to prove i was brave.
awards
468 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leonidas
Leonidas Stone
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 16:35:33 GMT
Leonidas Stone Avatar
[nospaces]

Again, and again, and again. That would be his life until he landed the next Over-the-Gyarados![break][break]

…With that last wipeout, though, he had to admit that a bit of the brine went a bit too far down the wrong pipe.[break]
He forgot how much that shit burned.[break][break]

eKSbyfnk

@tag[break]
1600 pts + ?

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Verdanturf Ranger Captain
Single and Ready to Mingle
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,636 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 17:07:19 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Another day, another hopeful attempt at some arbitrary stunt from a point list. Well, Mantine and Elinor were going to do it today. They would perform the STARMIE 720 or try again at another time. Who knows, it wasn’t like this was a serious competition.

And so they went on to try the trick. Found the best wave they could and focused entirely on it and nothing more… Hopefully it worked.

Z8e54SGa

@tagsomeone

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
and i tried to save a life with these diamond hands of mine; but they're sharper than a knife
awards
495 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 17:35:08 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]

they're gonna get this even if it's the last thing they do. this mantine really wants to get it, after all, and once they do, they'll be able to move on with their lives. [break][break]

one more magikarp splash. this isn't an addiction. this isn't gambling. shut up.

[break][break]
joJUTfRj

@tag[break]
1000 pts

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
sanctuary owner
civilian
дождь крови
awards
5,130 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 17:39:29 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Maybe he really did need one day to cool off.

Unfortunately, though, it was like instinct was guiding the Mantine that he thought he’d left behind—for he knew that it was the very same one that was so determined to break him because—

What other Mantine would bear his weight, the weight of a child of the air, screaming and pleading as he hung on for his fucking life?

“F-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-fine, let’s… g-g-g-g-g-get this over with,” he hissed between his teeth as the Mantine let out a maniacal cackle before surging into the surf, determined once and for fucking all to land the Magikarp Splash.

(At least one of them wasn’t a quitter.)

hmTijTY|

Yet another attempt at the Magikarp Splash was made!

total points so far: 0

date: 29 July

@tag

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,369 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 17:39:31 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Trying the OVER-THE-GYARADOS again, Derek has Jonesy on the Mantine with him. Rather than spray them with a boost from behind, the Sobble's water gun acts from the opposite direction, streaming out behind them to add an extra bit of lift as they launch over the wave. Performing the trick to the best of his ability, there wasn't too much confidence that he'd stick the landing.

But that just meant he'd get to try again!

VGgczLYn

- Derek attempts the OVER-THE-GYARADOS!
ATTEMPT #6
close tab

played by

Jun

Blaze, Ash
He/Him
July 15
Hau'oli City
Experimenting, but boys.
Petty Thief/odd jobs kid
Rocket Grunt
If you want to be strong, learn to fight alone!
awards
256 posts
Asher Baran DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun3
Asher Baran
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 18:38:04 GMT
Asher Baran Avatar
Success on a tougher trick...now it's ready for the other tough trick. The infamous Starmie 720! He had only done it a couple times before, but he had a lot of tries he could do here. Picking up speed, he went into the air. Three rolls, and then spun around horizontally twice. The world was spinning, with that many rolls and then such a spin, it was no wonder the inexperienced often threw up or failed due to the spinning world. The landing was always awful...but he landed it, albiet a bit roughly. But he didn't fall off, and it was considered a success.

Trick: Starmie 720 (success)

e0jL4ozr

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS