2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
Hoenn Job Fair [Megathread/O]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2022 22:13:04 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelocam"]
He has to chuckle as launches into a sales pitch on behalf of his friend. Mauville's gym leader, ironically, as quick to launch as a pullback toy car set free.

Living up to your reputation there, Josh. You really waste no time.” Angelo's smile reads friendly. 

Privately, he'd never heard of before. His path had not crossed with hers in the Hoenn exploration circle, by neither name nor face. 

And although 's recommendation means little to him, the pilot still pulls a well-used notebook and pencil from his pocket. Investigating into her discoveries and maybe seeing what she had to offer him would bring no harm. 

Shalin, right? D'you have her contact? I'll see if she's up for a chat sometime.

notes;

- manning a nautica stall with SKYLER DROSS
- now expanding business internationally
- exploration services available for the wilds
- looking for partnerships/business partners
- looking for clients and potential employees
- open to interaction

[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2022 21:15:42 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh couldn't help but laugh at how matter-of-fact Angelo was. "Call it efficiency," he joked. It was true; one of the things Josh held in pride was his work efficiency. His Gym handled a rather high volume of challengers, and his battles had a tendency to be over quickly.

"I do want to warn you, Shalin is a bit difficult to get ahold of. She lives off-grid in Petalburg Woods, and she's often in very remote parts of Hoenn where there is no cell signal at all." It was true; the last several spots she had been in, including the Mirage Palace, the Shark's Maw, and the Forbidden Crypt, had no cell signal at all. "If you can get ahold of her, she's reliable. A little eccentric, but reliable. Next time I see her, I can have her try to call you." Depending on how the conversation went, she might end up merging Nariya Expeditions into NAUTICA. From Josh's eyes, it seemed like they did mostly the same work.

tl;dr:

- Josh shares with contact information for , warning that she may be a bit tough to get ahold of.
- OPEN TO INTERACTION!

{WC: 169}
{PC: 7}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Saber         Manectric      Good
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
i'm just a demon who goes along with hell as far as she can.
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2022 22:40:48 GMT
ana fell Avatar
Cyg’s never seen Elisa like this-- so-- so un-Elisa’d by the presence of another human being. Except, maybe, herself, but, like, that’s in a good way?

“I mean, that’s true,” Cyg said, pointing up a finger at Elisabeth saying she was adequately compensated for her work, “more than true. But, not necessarily mutually exclusive to. Not also doing some sidework for Nautica.”

But even saying it felt like a betrayal and her smile faded a little into a wince.

“It’s not like I need sleep, right?”
She tries for humor and throws in a little shrug. Her Fiorelli Florestry work is only part time, it isn’t like she’s strapped for freedom, but she wants to assure Elisa that nothing could come between their relationship, working or otherwise-- but, you know, without actually saying that because Elisa was far too cool for that shit.

moms dont fight please

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2022 18:53:29 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisatest"]
[attr="class","elisatestbody"]

For a moment, appeared to malfunction. Her green eyes blinked slowly, processing the information that had given her, before turning to with an eyebrow lifted.[break][break]

"I seem to be missing some details," she began carefully, cautiously. "Did Cygne approach you for work then?"[break][break]

No trace of betrayal was laced in her words. Instead, mere bewilderment.[break][break]

...Why would Cygne willingly spend time in the company of such an unbearable person?

[break][break]

[break][break]

NOTES

- We trying to not hiss as much at because might actually want to work with pirates??[break]
- We don't understand but are trying to be a supportive mom.[break]
- At Nautica stall, open to interaction!

[attr="class","elisatestpkmn"]

[attr="class","elisatestcredit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest"]--accent:#df8c7d;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2022 19:45:39 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
’s fury seems to have been quelled for the time being by ’s explanation. A part of Skyler can’t help but grieve its disappearance- and it is a herculean effort on the captain’s part to stop her tongue from inviting trouble, if only out of habit.

It's no surprise that she far prefers Elisa’s fire to her iciness.

“She did. There’s plenty of work to be had, and Cyg seems to fit right in.” Skyler sees no reason to hide the fact, teeth flashing as she gives the woman in question a wink. “Regular maintenance is critical for any maritime or aerial vessel, before and after jobs – this isn’t a task I’d trust to just anyone.” That much is true.

And given 's passion, Skyler was very much interested in employing her skills.

Contrary to popular opinion, Skyler actually enjoys Elisa’s presence. Far too much, one could even say. Unfortunately for said florist, breaking past 's placid wall of indifference has become a game Skyler can’t help indulging in. Only a little.

She tastes the lie even as she thinks it.

“We’d be discussing details over drinks if you hadn’t decided to stomp your way over like a huffy Primeape.” Eyebrows quirked, Skyler continues. “But if you’re so worried about your employee’s integrity, Buttercup, feel free to come with.”

open to interactions!
notes:
- setting up a stall alongside
- looking for clients and potential (?) employees

close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
i'm just a demon who goes along with hell as far as she can.
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 17:48:26 GMT
ana fell Avatar
Cyg panics a little because she’s never seen so out of sorts. If she were an animatronic at a Chuck E Cheese she’d be grinding gears, spitting sparks, and hurting children.

“Yeah, I-- saw the ships listed and asked,” Cyg supplemented ’s answer, though more to placate her boss and best friend than to continue jabbing thorns into the cracks in her armor. “They have a warship with a Heatran as a major motorization component. When she said that I think I died and went to heaven.”

Belatedly, she realized her gushing probably wasn’t helping any. She cleared her throat.

“The mesh of Pokemon and technology to… replace something is very relevant to my personal interests,” she tried, crossing her pointer and middle fingers over to illustrate and hoping that Elisa got what she was laying down.

Skyler suggests they should all go get drinks and Cyg doesn’t know whether she is excited or terrified by that prospect. Because, on the one hand, she loves spending time with Elisa; on the same hand, Elisa and Skyler clearly have some sort of rivalry thing going on, and watching Elisabeth clash with other people and summarily destroy them is one of Cyg’s favorite pastimes. She’d rather watch that than sports.

But it’s a double-edged sword. Elisa and Skyler clearly have something going on. Cyg doesn’t want to overstep and draw Elisa into something she might just end up loathing.

moms dont fight please

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2022 22:45:15 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Then it'll make more sense for you to take this.

Scribbling down his work number, Angelo tears off a page of white paper from his notebook with a satisfying, clean rip. It's held out to , to pass on to his reclusive friend. 

Reliable, until the phone calls come into play. Sounds like she's in the business, alright.” He chuckles. 

Honestly, Angelo doesn't hold firm onto the idea of two wayward spirits aligning their schedules to get in contact with one another, especially not over the phone. Still, there was no harm in the opportunity.  

He turns back towards the two men, tucking his journal away. “Anyway, I should get back to my booth. See if it's still standing.

Last he'd heard, trouble had been rolling in like a storm cloud. He wouldn't want the Job Fair flooded, would he, ?

Good luck with your employee hunt, Devlin.

When he turns to regard Fernando, Angelo's amiable smile increases by an extra layer. As if sharing in some private joke between the pair. “Don't work too hard, Silph.

Angelo heads back to the Nautica booth, not waiting for a reply.

notes;

- manning a nautica stall with SKYLER DROSS
- now expanding business internationally
- exploration services available for the wilds
- looking for clients
- open to interaction

[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2022 1:33:46 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisatest"]
[attr="class","elisatestbody"]

"Is that how you do business?" Elisabeth asked drily. "Over drinks? I see."[break][break]

This explained ship names like the Sotally Tober.[break][break]

The florist crossed her arms, shoulders falling in a noncommittal shrug as a hand brushed aside a strand of hair from her face. It was the very embodiment of a bothered person attempting to look unbothered. When Elisabeth spoke next, the words dripped with sarcasm.[break][break]

"I would love to join you, but unfortunately I am booked here to man my stall for the rest of the event. Alas, I keep to my promises."[break][break]

An implication laced itself in the words: Unlike this Dross woman, who'd abandon hers in an instant to steal my best employee.[break][break]

A contrasting softness entered her gaze as Elisabeth turned to Cygne, saying gently, "If this is important to you, Cyg, then I support you wholly and entirely. Have a good time." A Kalosian farewell left a kiss on the engineer's cheek, before she turned to squint at Skyler once more. "Or at least try to, given your present company."[break][break]

What can only be described as a flouncing off ensued, with Elisabeth turning back to rejoin her stall with a toss of her hair. Wholly consumed in her petty jealousies, she didn't pay enough attention to what was right in front of her.[break][break]

Or in this case, whom.[break][break]

"Watch where you're going," Elisabeth hissed -- hypocritically, given her own shoving of mere minutes ago. If anything, this was proof that she was the true menace of the job fair.[break][break]

Then her emerald eyes glanced up, and her expression shifted to genuine surprise.[break][break]

"Oh, it's you," she said, his name hovering on the tip of her tongue. "The seaplane pilot."[break][break]

One she'd met briefly during Splashfest, unrelated to her misadventures with Skyler-the-Insufferable-Dross.

[break][break]

[break][break]

NOTES

- Dryly says she'd love a drinking thread with and but oh no! Obligations! Anyway.[break]
- We don't understand but are trying to be a supportive mom to and give her our UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.[break]
- Left Nautica stall, bumped into , we are just a menace jostling people at this event tbh.

[attr="class","elisatestpkmn"]

[attr="class","elisatestcredit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest"]--accent:#df8c7d;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2022 9:40:58 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
While it was understandably a lot to ask getting the two in contact with one another, Josh saw Shalin at least on a semi-regular basis. He would be the best person to deliver the NAUTICA paperwork to the explorer. Perhaps she would be able to talk about merging her operations into 's? "I'll do what I can to get you two in touch. While technically she has a startup, it's mostly word-of-mouth, and it's not well structured." Perhaps after her quest to unseal the Halls of Origin was complete, she would be able to focus on giving her gig a larger footprint.

"Thanks for the wishes," Josh answered. "Hope to talk to you again soon. I gotta get back to my booth and start packing up. It's about that time." With that, the Gym Leader reviewed the paperwork his secretary had put together; it seemed like Mauville Racing Grounds would have several interviews lined up. Given the volume of challengers that would be coming in from Paldea, he was going to need all the help he could get. Once closing time came, a couple more Gym Trainers arrived at Slateport Park to help with disassembling his stall.

tl;dr:

- Josh says his goodbyes to , returns to his booth, and starts packing up.
- Exit stage right

{WC: 197}
{PC: 8}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Saber         Manectric      Good
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2022 22:14:51 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Elisa's contempt is tinder to Skyler's amusement, and her lips twitch in satisfaction as the other woman does her best to appear unaffected. Smartly aimed barbs fail to find purchase in the captain, at least in the spirit with which they're meant. "You're ever so charming, Buttercup." Her smile flashes hungrily. "Don't go breakin' my heart like that."

Watching leave proves to be entertaining in and of itself, though Skyler soon shifts her focus to . "Now that that's outta the way-" A quick glance around betrays 's position, and Skyler takes note of it. "Let's talk engines and business. You're interested in the Sotally Tober, yeah?" Her tone brightens with previous excitement, shaping into a lopsided smile wholly unlike the one she'd aimed at Elisa. "My other ships, I'm afraid, aren't nearly as interesting, but they do need their fair share of maintenance too. There's also the matter of pay, 'course, and we'll get to it-"

Grabbing a few chosen items, Skyler steps around the stall's front counter, a restless sort of energy to her movements. Her babbling is abruptly interrupted when she turns to the crowd and cups her hands around her mouth. 

"Hey Angel!" The nickname rises above the nearby conversations, heedless of the grumbling that rises in its wake, to find the blue-eyed pilot. Once she grabs his attention, she continues. "I got us a mechanic! Man the stall for a bit?" 

One drink, two at most. Skyler did intend to talk business with , though going for a pub crawl wouldn't be entirely out of character. Maybe later...

open to interactions!
notes:
- setting up a stall alongside
- looking for clients and potential (?) employees

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2022 20:10:02 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
The one and only,” a chuckle escapes Angelo after his bump with the blonde, her name evading him like wind between the fingers. Some details remained, at least, like... How's that troublemaking Sunkern of yours?

He'd have asked her how she was also, had blue eyes not flickered up to where she had walked from. Two and two pieced together. 

Inside, a part of him grins the most surprisingly delighted and hungry kind of grin. 

Because he'd just caught , so prim and tense and awkward when he'd first met her back on Slateport docks, flouncing. One footfall away from a stomp.  

Ah, don't worry about ol' Captain Dross, she has that effect on a lot of people.” He utters casually, feigning sympathy. “Try not to let her get to you.

It's a thin, needle like jab on end of a smooth smile. Angelo unable to help himself from prodding at the irritation that his wife had left in her wake, like a blossoming bruise.

That calls to him at that moment is down to good timing and unaware teamwork. 

Hey, good job!” He calls back over the crowd towards her, giving a raise of his hand in greeting. “I'll close up an' join you guys later. Celebratory drinks are on you, Dross!

With a nod to , he breaks away from her side so as to take over the Nautica booth.

Only when Angelo turns to smile back at the florist over his shoulder, mouth sharp with mirth and thinly veiled smugness, it foretells the next choice of words to be anything but coincidental. 

See you around, buttercup.

[ closing up shop! ]
close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2023 8:27:36 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]HOENN JOB FAIR

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

MEGATHREAD
OPEN
SET: NOVEMBER 25TH
ENDS: DECEMBER 31ST

CLOSING TIME

Even the sun has to clock out eventually, and as the last light of the day stretches across the park so too do the last pens, buttons, and business cards stretch across the stalls. One by one tents are disassembled and tables folded together, falling with the night.

[break][break]

Tomorrow, as always, dawn will break, storefronts will open, and money will be made. While the world changes and Hoenn's future grows ever more uncertain-for now, at least, it's business as usual.

THANKS FOR COMING!

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,010 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2023 5:39:54 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A CYCLIZAR HATCHES FROM THE EGG!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] REGENERATOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BREAKING SWIPE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SHED TAIL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SHIFT GEAR
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TAUNT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]IRON HEAD
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]POWER WHIP

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"]CONGRATULATIONS!