23 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leonsettentrione
Leon Settentrioné
LETTERS TO FATHER WINTER THE 2ND
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2023 23:52:14 GMT
Leon Settentrioné Avatar
Dear Father Winter,

Truthfully this entire exercise is pointless. I cannot see any feasible reason that children should be more comforted by the idea of some mythical figure delivering their gifts rather than knowing they came from their own family. Perhaps it is because I never knew either as a child, but I do not see the appeal. Nonetheless, for reasons I cannot explain, my daughter is somewhat enamored with the concept; and, of course, my wife is the embodiment of the spirit. Would that it were simple to be so warm and carefree, but I am afraid I lack her fortitude. Nevertheless, I hope that this little exercise, pointless or not, may somewhat bridge the gap between I and the most important people in my life. Surely the thought will bring a smile to Aubre's face, and if nothing else that will suffice.

To address the provided inquiries in order; there is nothing material I wish for. Any material object I can simply obtain on my own, thus I have little need to ask for gifts. As for the rest, I doubt even magic can attain such things.

If I were to change something in my past? I can neither travel the weave of time as a Celebi might, nor twist it to suit my whims as a Dialga. Nonetheless, I cannot deny that there is much I would change. I have endangered those I love, and worse, caused them harm. My own mistakes and miscalculations have oft left me adrift, and I would alter these events if I might. What effect that might have on the present I do not know, but I can only hope it would be for the better.

For the present, all I wish is smiles. I want to see my wife smile when she wakes next to me, not wake with a start and go rigid with terror. I want my daughter to smile when she thinks of me rather than scowl and keep her distance. I long for them both to smile, regardless of circumstance, and I long to luxuriate in that warmth. Things have been far too cold of late. And, somewhat paradoxically, I would like to have my mangy Lycanroc of a brother at my side once more, grinning like the idiot he is, having thought of something equally absurd and obscene; I pray he is well.

In terms of the future, there I find it is much the safe. I wish for Aubre and Mikaela to remain happy, remain safe. Most preferably I would hope that they remain so with me, but I am not certain of that eventuality. I love them dearly, but I fear that I may be alone in my feelings. I want to pain to flee from my wife's eyes, to see my laughter light up. But I simply do not know.

As an addendum, I would add that the proffered 'puzzle' betrays your biases. Perhaps consider a sudoku next time.

Leon Settentrione

close tab

played by

Aura

Monarch
she/her
March 26th
Chroma Highlands, Almia
Demi-romantic
Bounty Hunter/Ethologist
Civilian
You say you're a god man, so what I'm the devil herself
awards
199 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura1
Yvaine Varron
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2023 0:17:41 GMT
Yvaine Varron Avatar
FATHER WINTER THE 2ND
NORTH POLE H0H 0H0
HOENN

Dear Father Winter,

I have to admit the irony of this letter; the first one I've written in a long, long time. Also to a father, mind you. And after another decade, I pick up my pen and start again, yet again to a Father of kinds. Funny, don't you think?

But I digress. I see you have many questions for me, even riddles and games included in this little letter of yours. A budding correspondence you're trying to build? Should I return the favor and give you a crossword puzzle for yourself to solve as well? Though granted, with the amount of flyers laying about, I doubt you'd have the time to set aside potential penmanship to indulge in those. It is after all, your busy season. But if you do, please let me know. I'm positive we can work something out.

Your questions though... innocent at first sight, but rather crafty to dig into a person's mind. My wants. Past, present, future. Change.

You ask what I wish to change about them. So I will tell you, Father Winter. Because you asked so nicely. Because I'm intrigued.

What I want changed are too many things, and at the same time, nothing at all. At the risk of sounding cliché, my past holds events that turned me into the person I am today, flaws and prides all included. I’m proud of that, regardless of what people wish to say. It's as simple as that, and befitting of every past, present and future want I could possibly wish for. But I'll indulge you, Father Winter; a want for my past. The one thing I would wish to change is something that could alter all that… my past, my present and my future. Even now I’ve decided on leaving the bounty hunting life behind, I cannot help but wonder. Hope even, if I allow my thoughts to wander. A chance at having killed that bastard when he betrayed me. But I doubt you could give me that, do you?

Nevertheless, that’s the past. I’ve left it behind as well as I can, even if the urge to return to it itches every so often. I just don’t scratch said itch, and it fades again for another time to rise.

You ask of wants. A raison d'être, I suppose.

And you ask of change, of which in the end I need none. In the end I will live by the consequences of my actions, lest I remain a brat that needs the help of others to shape the world into an image of simplicity just so things are 'easier'.

I guess you could say I like a challenge.

Do you, Father Winter?

Yvaine Varron
PO 6287,
Lilycove

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2023 1:11:32 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Dear Father Winter,[break][break]

First of all, aren't you dead? You should be. Part because I literally saw you get chopped in half, and part because you've got rancid vibes. Seriously. I don't get what sees in a creep like you. At least Dr. Holo's got the balls to do shit on her own without playing Mother May I with a fucking quarter first.[break][break]

For Wintertide, I'd like your scrawny ass to stop playing Santa, because the suit would look hideous on you and if I saw you on a bottle of Coke I'd want to die. If I can ask for more things, I'd like for the rest of the Dark Triad to piss off as well. I don't know if Maldacena is part of the polycule or not, but if you can take him with you that'd be great.[break][break]

I wouldn't change a thing about my past. It sucked, I made a lot of mistakes, and I couldn't be prouder of it. My struggles and my fuck-ups are what make me me, and I'm not letting that change even if Celebi showed up to give me another chance at takesie-backsies. Dialga himself could Roar of Time my ass back into diapers, and I'd still make the same mistakes just to spite you. I'm through running away from what I was, when I should be living for what I am.[break][break]

What I want for the present is a freaking break. Whenever we're not fighting proxy wars over islands and dimensional portals, we're getting taken on joyrides through time and space. Sometimes literally. Maybe too literally. This is the first Christmas where I actually have a shot at no-strings-attached happiness. If I finally get set to enjoy a holiday with my friends and family, only for Palkia to turn my house inside out and graft half of Hoenn onto Orre, I'm going to scream.[break][break]

What I want for the future is simple. Peace on Hoenn, and good will towards its people. Notice the second part. You guys wiping us from existence does not count. Try to pull that shit, and I'll-[break][break]

-wish you a Merry Wintertide too, with cookies and cake and sugarplum fairies dancing through your halls! Even the Wintertide Man himself deserves to enjoy the festivities!-[break][break]

That was a lie. was peeking over my shoulder, so I had to write up a distraction. In actuality, the only thing dancing through your halls will be me, with a chainsaw, to be your own personal nightmare before wintertide. Seriously. I can't overstate this enough. Stop. Fucking. With Hoenn.[break][break]

Anyway, I'll be a good sport and leave out cookies. I'll even play your game with you! There's a quarter out by the plate. If you flip it, and it's heads, you get to have the good ones. If it's tails, you get to have the ones I baked with 's secret spice recipe. If the mere thought of that puts the fear of Arceus in you; good.[break][break]

<3[break]
Isaac Merlo.[break][break]

PS: If this letter isn't going to the creepy Triad guy, and I just trauma-dumped and threatened the real deal; shit, my bad. And could you maybe get Eris a bike? I don't think she ever learned how to ride, and I think she'd enjoy it.[break][break]
PPS: Lycanroc.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG — @ [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] --color:#c4c067; [/newclass]
[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,006 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2023 3:28:46 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson-main"]
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]Father Winter,

A ridiculous name. Almost as ridiculous as this letter I'm writing.

You're an enemy. A threat. Yet, you hold a modicum of hope to those you've interacted with. Will you hold it for me?

I envy those like

Celebi

or

Dialga

— the ability to rewrite one's own narrative, to re-do a 'bad day'. I've had more of those than I'm willing to admit lately. It's made me angry, like a

lycanroc

has burrowed beneath my skin, clawing to get out. This anger is.. consumes me; changes me. Why am I so angry?

The arrival of

paradox

Pokemon offers the chance of making our dreams a reality, as unrealistic as that sounds.

It got me to wonder.

What is it I would wish for, if I had the power? Lot of things, I realized. But, what would I wish for from you?

Nothing.

Your kind can rot, die, and fester in a cesspit with each other. I won't ask for a parley, a truce, or even for you to stop. Keep coming. Never stop. Bash your skull against the wall that is our reality, until the very, final end.

Get fucked.

[attr="class","snub-greyson-pkmn"]

[attr="class","snub-greyson-tag"]
@

[newclass=.snub-greyson-main] font:12.5px Tahoma; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; width:70%; margin-bottom:-120px;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson a] text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main b]color:#2a879e; letter-spacing:.3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main i]font-size:13px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:.4px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main u]font-size:12px;border-bottom: 1.5px solid #2a879e;letter-spacing: .5px;text-decoration: none;margin: 0px -3px 0px -3px;padding: 0px 3px 0px 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main h1]font-size:12px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:1px;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase;font-family: Verdana;display: inline-block;margin: 0px -3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson] width:80%; padding:45px; background-color:#272727; transform:skew(0deg); border:solid 2px #363636;[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-tag] text-align:right; font-size:0px; margin-top:-30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-tag a] color: #272727!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-pkmn]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: -30px; position: absolute; width: 75%; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aria

Adel or Della
Her/She/Her
February 21
Ballonlea City
Heteroflexible
Ranger
Rookie
18 height
18 height
awards
74 posts
part of
TAG WITH @adelaide
Adelaide Whiteley
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2023 3:30:59 GMT
Adelaide Whiteley Avatar
FATHER WINTER THE 2ND
NORTH POLE H0H 0H0
HOENN

Dear Father Winter,
This year has been quite the busy one. I can't say it hadn't been eventful through. This is first time I write to you so I think I should introduce myself as Adelaide Whiteley.  I have been in Hoenn over a few months now. Being here has been an real eye opener to the world around me and what I have missed out on. Also the dangerous that I will have to safe with time.

You ask me what do I want for Wintertide? Of course, there are many things. I want to help heal. I want and  safety and for Galar and Hoenn to be at peace. I want to protect many people but those are things you have read in similar letter before. So, what I really want is answers. Since going to a....false galar my mind feelS incomplete like I have forget something I wish to recall and remember but I can't!  I don't know if things will never be the same but can you tell me if Zacian and Zamazenta are okay? I remember their howls and still have a few of the shards. Knowing that would give me some peace in these trying times.

I don't want to change my past. My mistakes will stay with me until the day I die. I feel thatour choices are ours to make and I never learn anything if I changed my past. I may never be where I am right now. I can't say I am my best life but I am living a life feelings of comfort. Now, I present I do want to change because I feel like I am lost somewhat. So much is happening right in front of my eyes It's hard to understand or make sense off. 

I want my future to be something memorable and if never ends to be a good note. I want to see Hoenn heals for a change instead of the constant clashes with Team Rocket or aliens trying from another world trying to killed us. I want led into feel like am I being simply being lead.

Sincerely,

Adelaide Whiteley

Return Addresses: 
PO BOX 535
Fortree, Hoenn

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,144 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2023 4:11:54 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","wintertide"]
[attr="class","body"]

[break][break]

[attr="class","add"]
FATHER WINTER THE 2ND [break]
NORTH POLE H0H 0H0 [break]
HOENN [break]

[attr="class","text"]

I've never believed in Christmas. Father and mother were never the kind to believe in lies.

[break][break] But Hoenn has taught me that there are often more to things than meet the eye, so I suppose I'll give you a chance.

[break][break] I don't know you, but all of my friends do.

[break][break] According to them, you should be dead.

[break][break] So perhaps that's one thing you and I have in common. We both should be dead. And yet, we are not. A PARADOX as good as any.

[break][break] Are you cursed by the same wolves as me? Or are you just another LYCANROC on a wild chase?

[break][break] WHAT DO YOU WANT TO CHANGE ABOUT THE PAST? Without the power of CELEBI, it's impossible to change the past. But I'll humor you — make it so never leaves. never leaves. never leaves. If not in this world, then another. And I know there are multiple worlds out there — I met your DRK Triad friends.

[break][break] By the way, how is QUANTO? Has he found DIALGA yet? Hopefully he's bleeding in a pit somewhere, or I didn't do my job well enough.

[break][break] WHAT DO YOU WANT TO CHANGE ABOUT THE PRESENT? Make it easier for me to find the people I need to, to create the future that I want. If we are distracted by things greater than our means, then we'll be destroyed by the things that are right in front of us.

[break][break] For Wintertide, my request is simple. I WANT to kill . Give me POWER to destroy him, limb from limb, with no change of returning back to life with the help of others like . Whether it's a weapon, toxin, or something supernatural like a SHADOW POKEMON, give me the power to LEAD Hoenn into a greater future.

[break][break] WHAT DO YOU WANT YOUR FUTURE TO BE LIKE? A future where Rocket succeeds is the only future I want to be a part of.

[attr="class","add"]
1002 SOOTOPOLIS BAY [break]
P.O BOX 483 [break]
HOENN [break]

[newclass= .wintertide"] --accent:#8674A1; }.wintertide { width: 450px; min-height: 200px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .wintertide b { font:bold 12px/10px 'Prompt'; color:var(--accent); } .wintertide u { text-decoration:underline solid var(--accent); } .wintertide .body { padding: 30px 50px; font: 11px/15px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing: 0.2px; text-align: justify; color: #fff; border:2px solid #383838; border-radius:5px; background: #272727; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .wintertide .text { border-top:1px solid rgba(50,50,50); border-bottom:1px solid rgba(50,50,50); padding:20px 0px; margin:20px 0px; } .wintertide .add { font:5px; letter-spacing:2px; text-transform:uppercase; } .wintertide .body img { position: absolute; right: 50px; top: 50px; border: 2px solid #3e3e40; border-right:2px solid var(--accent); border-radius: 100px; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[googlefont="Prompt"]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2023 4:22:41 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

PLAUSIBILITY OF THE DRK TRIAD

ABSTRACT

the DRK TRIAD is an organization that self-polices dimensions in an attempt to prevent a multiversal disaster known as the origin point. the exact trigger of the origin point is unknown but the DRK TRIAD has referenced the PRIMAL RIFTS, involvement with other universes, and introduction of foreign phenomenon, such as TERASTALLIZATION, as contributing factors.

however, their involvement with our dimension is directly responsible for introducing TERASTALLIZATION to hoenn. likewise, fragments of the METENO meteor are suspected to now exist in SEA!HOENN. two events that could not exist without the DRK TRIAD’s involvement.

therefore, the DRK TRIAD are, in some ways, responsible for ushering in the origin point. hence our open opposition to their efforts in our self defense.

it should be noted that the primal rift known as ULTRA PLANT has evidence that implicates that our hoenn is not the first to be victimized by the DRK TRIAD. further investigation by and have revealed that the ULTRA PLANT demonstrates a liminal border similar to the one erected around hoenn during the METENO event.

1. paradox, 2. lycanroc, 3. celebi, 4. dialga
[break]

AN AEOS DIVISION REPORT

close tab

played by

Number9

He/Him/His
October 4th
Celadon City
Gay
Rocket Scientist
Elite
76 height
76 height
awards
187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kaname
Kaname Fujihara
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2023 4:34:20 GMT
Kaname Fujihara Avatar
What do you want for Wintertide? The eternal question on the mind of children and adults everywhere across the region, because we all want something… don’t we? For so long I wasn’t allowed to want, only to just be as I was asked to be. A puppet who danced when someone pulled his strings. A Lycanroc that sat when told.

I wanted control then, and though I didn’t know it… I found it in Team Rocket, in Hoenn, in ways I never expected. So I guess I have my foolish childhood love for to thank for that.

I was REWARDED for my desires, my talents were finally recognized here. I had what I needed to excel, succeed, and be more than what was thought of me.

Power and glory tasted so sweet.

So for Wintertide, what do I want? I am not asking for redemption or success outright. That’s foolish and being handed it would be MEANINGLESS.

I merely want the chance to prove myself worthy again; one more fight in the Colosseum so to speak. For the chance alone to taste power and greatness once again, I would fight tooth and nail for it. It’s not worth it if I don’t work for it, right?

-

What would I change in my past? Is this recent or further back? If we talk about the recent past… I would quash my hubris. I flew too close to the sun, forgetting my wings were made of wax. Those wax wings that the gods saw fit to tear from MY BACK, I would still be humbly wearing them if I hadn’t flown into the sun… I would bury my pride if I could change that one night, because that one little night changed everything for me.

If we talk further back? Perhaps nothing, I think that’s the right answer. I wouldn’t be the me I am if I hadn’t suffered and accepted and grown through what I did as a younger man. But whether that is the truth or a comfortable lie I tell myself is something not even I know. It’s better that way, though. Knowing can kill you.

-

The present is the sum of one’s past. To change my present would mean changing the consequences of things that made me or brought me where I am. So I would change everything and nothing…

But in truth, I am a selfish man. I want things like everyone does. Money, power, glory, knowledge… Love…

So I would be lying if I said I would change absolutely nothing in my present. or , I wouldn’t mind making one of them mine. I wouldn’t mind having a penthouse suite. I wouldn’t mind having the privilege that came with being Head Scientist again. Those things aren’t necessarily minor, though.

Though logically, I should change the course I am heading toward. Depression and self-pity aren’t going to aid me in my goals, only ambition will be my friend and help me out of the grave I find myself in.

I guess I would change the direction of my heart. No more wallowing in self-pity or self-loathing. I give myself a true fighting chance.

-

My future? I want my future to be filled with discovery and learning, with successes and recognition. I want a future that I am in control of, one that I made with my own hands. A future where people recognize me for the works I have accomplished.

If I were to put it more simply… My ideal future would be one where I am achieving my goals slowly but surely.

PS. I understand the world is an uncertain place and that time is a fickle thing, only Pokemon like Dialga or Celebi truly can understand it (and I've read enough time travel fiction to know about paradoxes)... but that doesn't mean I don't want the things I want, you know?

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,805 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2023 4:52:56 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
FATHER WINTER THE 2ND
NORTH POLE H0H 0H0
HOENN

Dear Father Winter II,

When I last encountered your predecessor, I was a fractured and dying man. I could have asked for a cure to my horrible disease, but for some reason it never occurred to me. I thought a lot about why, and only after I managed to recover did I come up with an answer. I think I asked for purpose, all those years ago, because I wanted a reason to get better. Fuckin' depressing I know, but I was in a tight spot at the time and could not see another way out of it. But that Wintertide gift, fuck that was the kick in the ass I needed.

Now here I am, finally about to capitalize on the purpose that was given to me. Honestly, I should hate your fuckin' guts. You're undoubtedly a member of the Dark Triad or whatever the fuck, so writing to you might just be a trap. However, I can't help but admire you. You got it figured out, you and the rest of your Triad friends. What do I mean by it? You know, everything. You especially though, you heard my dumb ass request and gave me exactly what I needed. You did not have to do that, and I thank you for it. I wish I could offer something in return, but you probably got everything you need.

So what do I want for Wintertide this year?
Well, I guess I want to get a glimpse into your bag of secrets. One day I hope I can have it all figured out too, but until then what I would want most is just a taste. Just a sampling of what it's like to be ahead of the curve, you know? Maybe then I'd be able to figure out how to pay you back.

As for these other questions, fuck I don't know. I guess for my past I'd like my adventure under Bill Anderson's church to have meant something. All I got was my claydol being turned into cloud monster that proceeded to latch onto my internal organs and make my life a living nightmare. Bill did not even stick around long enough to be yelled at. If all of that pain I went through actually mattered, I guess I wouldn't be so bitter about it.

As for my present, I dunno everything is just moving so slowly right now. I wish I had a way to jump forward just a bit, to boost my progress so I could really hit the ground running. I don't know what that looks like, but it's what I want.

Finally for my future, I am just hoping that I end up on top when all is said and done. I want to be able to look down upon the world, shattered or not, and be content that I made it to the finale in one piece. Because if I can have the last laugh, maybe then everything that I've done or will do will feel worth it.

Alright enough of this shit, you have better things to do than read my fuckin' journal thoughts. For what it's worth, I hope you have a good Wintertide this year. Don't work yourself too hard. Here's hoping that I don't have to kill you eventually, or vice versa.

Sincerely yours, Oscar Clayton
New Mauville Power Plant
Mauville, Hoenn

CROSSWORD

close tab

played by

Kiri

She/Her
December 9th
Lavender Town, Kanto
Ace Bi
Coordinator
Civilian
i have a dream where you and i have the same dream!
awards
175 posts
Momo Sakai DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @momo
Momo Sakai
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2023 2:22:15 GMT
Momo Sakai Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","topaz"]
[attr="class","leftbody"]
[attr="class","textbody"]

[attr="class","cp cp-blossom"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

FATHER WINTER THE 2ND[break]
NORTH POLE H0H 0H0[break]
HOENN[break][break]

Dear Father Winter,

This is my first time writing to you! Hello! I never knew that Hoenn had such a mysterious figure during the holidays! Doesn't it make it feel like it's really Wintertide? I'm so excited! [break][break]

What I want for Wintertide is for all my friends to be happy! , , , , and so many more deserve to have good things happen to them. Whether it's gifts, a kind word, or just someone to be happy around, I hope you can make their days better and brighter. [break][break]

If I'm being honest, I'm not sure if I have any goals left for catching pokemon! When I first got to Hoenn, I thought I'd take so long to find all the cute pokemon I could ever want! Instead, I've caught so many new pokemon, and made so many new friends! Now it's less about seeking more, and instead learning to make this place a home for those I've befriended thus far. How can I make everyone happy? Sometimes I feel like a LYCANROC howling at the moon, like I'm crying out for a wish that only I and I alone want. [break][break]

Sorry to sound so rant-y, Father Winter! I don't know how these letters really work! [break][break]

Though if I could change something in my past... I don't know if it'd still be what happened to the Kanto Region. Sometimes I wished that I never hated anyone, instead. That I could find joy and affection in everyone I meet! I like to believe that's what I'm already doing, but I can never be sure. [break][break]

Oh, by the way, did you know about something called PARADOX pokemon? Apparently, even though they look so similar to normal pokemon, they shouldn't really exist? Or something like that? I might not have been listening to the entire explanation when a friend told me about it... hehe... [break][break]

What else can I say? Well, I make it sound like I'm not pretty happy myself, but that's not the truth! I'm so happy with how my life is going! The only thing I would change in the present is if I could meet some really cool legendary or mythical pokemon someday! Like CELEBI or DIALGA! Then again, wouldn't that be kinda scary? Maybe it's better off if I just stick to the usual. But mystery is half the fun of an adventure, wouldn't you say? [break][break]

Lastly, I hope my future is filled with even more fun than it is now. I hope to enter more contests, and eventually win a contest here in Hoenn, too! I also hope that I can meet even more cute pokemon, and make even more friends! Even if this is a selfish wish, I want it with all my heart. [break][break]

Thanks for listening, Father Winter! I hope to hear from you soon! [break][break]

Sincerely, [break]
Momo Sakai [break][break]
Momo Sakai[break]808 Heart Scale Court[break]Lilycove City, Hoenn[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","title"]tldr;

[attr="class","notes"]
+ MOMO SAKAI would like a response from Father Winter! [break]

[attr="class","credits"]
[attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".topaz"] --accent:#F08EB2; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz"] width:460px; margin:0px auto; min-height:200px; position:relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz table"] border:none; border-collapse:collapse; background:#272727; border-radius:5px; box-shadow:1px 1px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody b"]color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody i"]color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody u"]color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:underline dotted;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz td"] vertical-align:top; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody"] font:12px 'Roboto'; padding:0px; text-align:justify; color:#eee; padding:50px 50px 0px; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .leftbody"] width:80px; margin-right:20px; min-height:500px; background-color:var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .cp"] color:#000; opacity:0.15; font-size:80px; position:absolute; right:10px; top:10px; z-index:-1; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .ooc"] font:10px 'Roboto Mono'; color:#eee; padding:0px 0px 20px; text-align:right; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); margin-top:20px; margin-left:50px; margin-right:50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .ooc .title"] margin-top:-10px; transition:1s all; } .topaz:hover .ooc .title { margin-right:20px; transition:1s all;} .topaz .ooc .title span { background: var(--accent); padding: 2px 3px 2px; font: bold 11px 'Poppins'; font-style:italic; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: lowercase; text-decoration: none; color: #f7f7f7; border-radius: 3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .ooc .notes"] margin-top:5px; } .topaz .ooc span { font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:-0.5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .credits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; bottom:2px; right:5px; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .credits a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; opacity:0.3; transition:0.7s all; transition-delay:2s;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .credits a:hover"]opacity:1; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; transition:0.7s all; color:inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .avatar"]float: left; height:75px; width:75px; margin: 1px 15px 1px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Poppins|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]
close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
you were the sunshine
of my lifetime
5'10" height
5'10" height
what would you trade the pain for? i'm not sure.
awards
220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2023 2:52:16 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

FATHER WINTER THE 2ND [break]
NORTH POLE H0H 0H0 [break]
HOENN
[break][break]

Dear Father Winter, [break][break]

The last time I wrote to someone during Wintertide was when I was a child. Now that I'm older, I realize that a lot of what I used to wish for still holds true. I want to be able to help others. I want my pokemon to be taken care. I think I can provide these things, myself. So if I asked you to grant a wish of mine, I'd wish for extra throw blankets and a nice jacket. Can never skimp too much on comfort, after all. [break][break]

I don't wish for anything in my past or present to change, but if I could somehow influence the future, I'd wish for peaceful and happy lives for everyone in the world. Too general and vague, is it? Well, as an adult all you want in the world is some stability, some normalcy. I think everyone deserves that regardless of their problems or what they're involved in. [break][break]

I'm not sure what else to say. I hope you don't mind that this letter is a little rushed: I almost didn't send it, but I figured that it wouldn't hurt to try something new, once in a while. [break][break]

Yours Truly, [break]
Mika Nakayama [break][break]

MIKA NAKAYAMA [break]
P.O BOX 415 [break]
FORTREE CITY, HOENN
[break][break]

[attr="class","fakebqooc"]
[break]

NOTES

crossword answers: 1. paradox 2. lycanroc 3. celebi 4. dialga [break]
this one is just for fun; the kiri character that would rather receive a response from father winter is !

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq"]--accent:#596DB3;font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq b"]color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .credit a"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2023 4:19:29 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
FATHER WINTER THE 2ND
NORTH POLE H0H 0H0
HOENN

Hello Mister Winter,[break][break]

Is it okay to call you that? I can't remember how I addressed you in my last letter, but somehow I feel like I was a lot more formal. Either way...how was your winter? Are you doing well? Are you looking forward to the holidays?[break][break]

I feel like these pleasantries ring a little hollow, and I'm sorry for that. It's just kind of hard to be pleasant after you threw me into a weird portal last time, you know?[break][break]

Although...maybe I should be thanking you for that? In fact...well, actually, I think that's what I want for Wintertide this year. To go back to the place you sent me last, I mean. It was horrible and dangerous, but for the first time...I think it's the only time I've ever actually been powerful. Binding my heart with a Pokemon like that was incredible, and I'd like to experience it again. I want one of those...it was like a Pokeball, but not? I felt like a heart, almost? A burst heart. Maybe it's selfish to ask for something like that, and I don't know if it's even something that can exist in the dimension I live in. But that's what I want, more than anything.[break][break]

Um...anyways! You're asking a lot more personal questions this time, huh? But if I'm asking this much from you, I guess it's only fair to answer. And to be honest...if Celebi or Dialga could take me back, I sometimes wish I had never left Kalos at all.[break][break]

That's probably a selfish answer, isn't it? But it's true. I think I might have been happier there, despite everything that happened. Although...if I went back and never came here, I could never send this letter. Would that cause a kind of paradox? Gosh, all these science fiction things go right over my head...[break][break]

Saying that I'd like to change almost everything in my present feels rather cheap, but it's honest. I'm not happy with myself and what I'm contributing to the League's efforts in Hoenn. But then again, self pity isn't helping anything either, is it? So I suppose I can only look forwards into the future, and try to be better.[break][break]

In the future, I want to make a difference in Hoenn. I want to be strong, and protect the people I love. Don't get me wrong, I still want to love, and be loved, and make people happy all over the region! But I want to be...a Lycanroc in Mareep's clothing, I guess? Mmm...maybe that's not the right word for it. I want to be myself, just...better. Stronger. More capable, even if I don't look it.[break][break]

But that isn't something I can ask from you, is it? It's something I have to do on my own, I think.[break][break]

Oh gosh...this letter is far more rambling than I had thought. I'd like to thank you at least for the present last time...I still treasure the lunar wing you gave me. I hope my letter finds you well, and that you have a pleasant wintertide. Please take care...and please be a little kinder with your gifts this time around.

406 PECHA PLACE
SLATEPORT CITY

crossword: 1. PARADOX 2. LYCANROC 3. CELEBI 4. DIALGA

close tab

played by

kohaku

She/Her
Twenty-Five
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
*shrugs*
Freelancer/Ex-Ace Child Detective
Civilian
--- height
--- height
Let's Keep things a bit clandestine, shall we?
awards
409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaine
Elaine Highland
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2023 5:09:47 GMT
Elaine Highland Avatar
Elaine Highland
Highland Detective Office
1401 Salac Lane, Suite 213
Lilycove City, Hoenn

FATHER WINTER THE 2ND
NORTH POLE H0H 0H0
HOENN

Dear Father Winter the 2nd,
To be honest, I've not sent any letters like this before so it's a bit of a new experience for me. Suffice to say, I haven't done this in a while, so I'm not sure how to go about this but I'll try at least. I wonder. Are you sworn to some level of confidentiality. I do hope so as I feel like these questions feel like a bit of a window into my soul.

What do I want for Wintertide? At the end of the day, what I really want is for the fruits of my efforts to stop being in vain. In other words, I want to be stronger. Though, if that's a bit much or too conceptual that it can't be done (and it probably is), there's this nice software called SplitTracers which I'd love an activation key for. It would be a bit Paradoxical for a detective to be committing piracy, after all.

What do I want to change in the past? If I had a chance to hop with a Celebi and do it all over again, I would want to go and correct the actions I took 5 years ago. Maybe then, I wouldn't have been so short sighted to miss something that killed so many people. It's frustrating to think about.

What do I want to change about the present? Weakness. Particularly mine. I've been plenty weak and it's led to me being ineffectual at best in many critical junctures. Like that weird shrine with the shield dog or on top of the meteorite. The thought of that tears me up like a feral Lycanroc. But it's not like it's on anyone but me to fix that, wouldn't you say?

What do I want to change about the future? The instability. I want everything to finally stabilize and harmonize. I often wonder if my past self was right about the idea that it takes absolute power to. Beyond even something like Dialga, for example. It's a thought. But I think at the end of the day, I just want all that insanity to be over. Though, it looks like things will take a lot of time.

Hope these wishes reach you this Wintertide and hope it's at least a calm one.

Yours truly,
Detective Highland

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2023 7:20:28 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]Father Winter,[break][break]

After the events of this last year I am surprised to hear from you. Of course, with the instability of our region, who is to say it’s really you? Well, this Hoenn’s version of you. Like so many of the abominations plaguing our reality you may just not belong here. What brings you to our little sliver of space and time?[break][break]

Perhaps I’m being too humble. It seems the ORIGIN POINT has attracted all manner of beasts and threats to our world. You’re likely no different. [break][break]

I’m not writing to ask for a gift. You have nothing I want. [break][break]

To change the past is foolish. I’ve made peace with my mistakes and my regrets - and there are certainly many of them. Each one led me here to Hoenn, to Rayquaza, to a purpose far grander than I could have imagined.[break][break]

That purpose is infinite, like the gales that circle our globe. It is a tempest razing a path through the darkness towards the light.[break][break]

The future is ours to protect. Hoenn will persevere despite the efforts of those that attempt to sabotage it. [break][break]

There are things that I want. No, things I need to ensure that future but none are things you can offer me. So then, why do I write? [break][break]

I write so that I may offer a humble modicum of advice.[break][break]

Deliver your gifts, but do so wisely. These peoples are under our protection. Should darkness infect their Wintertide dreams, we will be there to defend them and purge the darkness.[break][break]

Leave Hoenn in peace, and you won’t be torn to pieces.[break][break]

Warmest Regards,[break][break]
Eva Morales & Rayquaza[break][break]

Return address: P.O. Box 3030 Ever Grande City, Hoenn

[attr="class","ooc"]

Paradox, Lycanroc, Celebi, Dialga

[newclass=".evaa"]--accent:#a9d39d; --speech:#a9d39d;[/newclass]

[newclass=".evaa"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; background:#111; padding-bottom:10px; border:1px solid #232323; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .top"]height:350px; background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/q1Q4tR4/image.png); background-size:cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main"]font:12px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:25px 30px 30px 30px; border:1px solid var(--accent); margin:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main::first-line"]color:var(--accent); font:italic 12px/13px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main b"]color:var(--speech); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main i"]color:var(--speech);[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar"]background:#111111; text-align:center; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); padding-bottom:10px; border-bottom:1px solid #848484;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar img"]filter:grayscale(100%); width:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .ooc"]background:#171717; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); margin-top:20px; padding:20px; font:9px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins]