he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,433 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
LETTERS TO FATHER WINTER THE 2ND
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2023 19:16:53 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
FATHER WINTER THE 2ND
NORTH POLE H0H 0H0
HOENN

Dear Father Winter,

It's been a while since I sent a letter out like this. Last time I sent a letter out to anyone, I ended up hand-delivering it because I was afraid it might get lost. Though I don't really have access to the North Pole so my only choice is to send it out. I hope this finds you.

I'm not sure how to write a letter to you, so I guess I'll start with what I want first? I want to find Azelf. I've been looking all over for them, even in other worlds, but I've found no sign of them. I think it's super-important I find them as soon as possible, and I keep trying, so any help would be nice.

Don't know if I'd have better luck asking Celebi or Dialga for this (though I have even less idea how to find either), but I guess if there was something I'd want to change about my past, I'd wish that I never lost my Ariados. Her name was Squeeze, and she was the first Pokemon I ever caught. I lost her when these weird people were causing trouble in a museum, and their Unowns shot her with something. Next thing I knew, she was gone.

I still have nightmares about that night. I know it might change my life a lot or even cause some kind of paradox, but I miss her. I miss her a lot. I owed her so much, and I let her down.

If I wanted to change anything about the present right now, I guess maybe I'd want to be able to talk to Pokemon? I had a dream where I could do that, and even if I can't remember which Pokemon I was talking to, it felt really cool to do!

And, maybe in the future, Hoenn can finally get some peace? Not just from Rocket, but from all this dimensional chaos going around? I don't know if it was always like this and I didn't know it, but it's like there's a disaster every month! It didn't feel that common when I was still staying at home. Feel like I'd do just about anything to keep my home region safe for everyone. None of this interdimensional timeline stuff.

I guess if all that's stuff you can't do, maybe send me an indoor air-conditioner? My Lycanroc keeps sleeping on top of my bed, and that's ok during the winter, but when it starts getting hotter, we're sweating puddles!

Thank you!

Hideo Kino
Littleroot Gym PO Box
Littleroot Town

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,598 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2023 1:48:46 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
FATHER WINTER THE 2ND
NORTH POLE H0H 0H0
HOENN

Dear Father Winter,

Celebi. Dialga. Lycanroc. Paradox.

There is nothing I want from you.

There is nothing I want to change.

You and your lot are cowards.

Only show up if you want to try and prove me wrong.

Tempest Quinn
112 East Bayside
Sootopolis City
Hoenn

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,201 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2023 3:35:22 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","barnaby-wrap"]
[attr="class","barnaby-main"]
[attr="class","barnaby-words"]

[break]

FATHER WINTER THE 2ND[break]
NORTH POLE H0H 0H0[break]
HOENN
[break][break]

A flyer from the dead? What a PARADOX.[break][break]

Tell me, who's writing? [break]
The ghost of Wintertide Past? Present? Or Future? [break][break]

I didn't think you'd made it out of Mt. Pyre alive. And perhaps you didn't, if your RVL route is any indication. A twin? Maybe you're similar to a LYCANROC — you come in many forms. All of them problematic, I'm sure.[break][break]

But I'll play along.[break][break]

If I could turn back time like DIALGA, I would change how easily I once gave my gratitude. But I've learned from past mistakes and won't be so forthcoming again. Unless it's you, of course. As long as you give me what I want.[break][break]

As for the present... you probably already know. It might even be a common wish between us. I'd like for this whole concept of the Origin Point to be moot. It gets tiring worrying about the untimely demise of every universe — especially my own. But that's a futile hope, isn't it? Fate can't be changed so simply. [break]
(Or can it? Feel free to prove me wrong.)[break][break]

What about destiny? Not so long ago, CELEBI once showed me glimpses of my potential futures. In all of them I was who I'm destined to be: powerful, respected, in control. To ensure any one of these futures come to pass, I want to survive. With ROCKET at the helm of the world. Even if that means sacrificing other universes.[break][break]

So, given all this, what do I want for Wintertide? [break][break]

I want Maldacena.
[break]

If not him, then a means to communicate with him. Don't be so greedy — you don't need to keep him all to yourself.[break][break]
[break][break]

[break][break]
TEAM ROCKET ADMINISTRATOR[break]
THREE AMIGOS CONCRETE & COATING[break]
WAREHOUSE 146 (DEFUNCT)[break]
ROUTE 111[break]
HOENN

[attr="class","barnaby-notes"]

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap b] color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2023 2:45:59 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar

Dear Father Winter,

I don't really know who the hell you are, but I guess that ain't even important. There's a lot of reasons to write you, but I'll get straight to the point because this is stupid, what am I? A kid?

But the thing I want for Wintertide is a box of new knives, been running through mine pretty quickly; there was this whole thing near Dewfor-, actually, you don't need to hear about that. If you can mix them up, some trench knives, and some that I can throw, that's really it...Well, the rest I have to work for myself, not the kind of things I want to write to a guy who doesn't really exist.

My past? Well what I want to change about my past is..Not getting caught, y'know, juvenile correction kind of sucks but I guess if it weren't for that I wouldn't have been able to write this darn letter. But the more important thing I guess...Nah, I can't tell you that. I'd die of embarrassment if someone else got a hold of this letter.

But I wouldn't be me now, but the thing I want to change about my present. I'm pretty dumb, kind've working on that, if you've got books send those to me as well...Guess asking you doesn't have much of a point, I'll have to ask one of those Brainiacs to help me out there. I can fight, I can smuggle stuff, but I need to work on my brain. I've gotten stuck in too many stupid situations by not thinking twice, so give me two brains.
But for my future, what I want my future to be like, well my original goal will never really be possible for me, so I'll just pray for this fighting to continue until...Well, until it can't. There really isn't much you can give me, but I don't even want a Rolycoly so I'll keep that to myself, stay safe.

Kouji Matsubara
136 Nonyabusiness Street
Rustboro
Hoenn.

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
I Still Believe, Inside of Me, There's Someone Not Unspoken. Someone Not So Broken.
awards
352 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
Aubre McKenna-Settentrione
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2023 5:12:58 GMT
Aubre McKenna-Settentrione Avatar

FATHER WINTER THE 2ND
NORTH POLE H0H 0H0
HOENN

Dear Father Winter:

I find it strange how much more eloquent I am in text. I wonder if that's why you still prefer letters.

Usually, I do not indulge in things like this. My wants and desires aren't worth shoving someone else out of the queue for. My husband bays at me like a LYCANROC when I refuse to ask for things. But my daughter insisted, and she's impossible to resist. So, with that in mind, I'll try to be succinct. Which probably means I should just get to the questions, huh?

What I Want for Wintertide: Typically, I would say something corny like world peace, but we both know that's not possible. Certainly not in a place like this. I would like a few new pairs of scrubs if you can spare them. There's only so much you can wash out.

What Would I Change About My Past? Oh, if we were all gifted with CELEBI's foresight and Dialga's control. This one is easy enough. I would choose not to take a shortcut that night. I'd stay on the sidewalk and take the long way around. While Frost's poem had a point, there are times when the path more traveled is the better choice.

What I Would Change In the Present: This is a difficult question. Often, it takes the benefit of hindsight to regret our choices. It's a bit of a PARADOX. I believe I would like to work a little less. And, if my mind would allow it, leave some of my work to those better suited to it. Every day when I come home, my daughter is a few hours older, and I worry I will miss something important one day.

What I Want From My Future: When I was 16, I didn't think I'd see tomorrow. There are things I did then that almost cut any chance of that short. So, sometimes, it can be hard for me to ponder the future. One wrong turn or bad word can forever alter what tomorrow brings. I hope, however, that Leon and I can reconcile our differences. That the path I walk with him can bring to fruition the piece of him that is missing. I suppose this is a lot of nonsense to say I hope I can be happy.

Thank you for playing the Marley to my Ebenezer. I'll do my part to spread holiday cheer as well. A warm Wintertide to you and yours.

Sincerely,

Aubre E. McKenna

P.S. Thank you for the crossword.

1. Paradox
2. Lycanroc
3. Celebi
4. Dialga
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Madd
She/Her
April 1
Circester
Asexual
Tackle Shop Manager
Grunt
Got My Wingman
Ace's Basses
34 height
34 height
Someone's always criticizing. You might as well do what the fuck you want.
awards
212 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maddmckenna
Madeline McKenna
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2023 7:42:01 GMT
Madeline McKenna Avatar

FATHER WINTER THE 2ND
NORTH POLE H0H 0H0
HOENN

Hey there, Winter.

This letter to Santa stuff always struck me as weird. We yammer at kids about stranger danger and then tell them to ask an old white dude for stuff. I've never done this before. I bet you can tell.

My dad couldn't be bothered to do the whole Christmas spirit crap. I knew where my gifts came from, and I had to be thankful for those ugly ass skirts. It was funny how he didn't have any idea what was in those boxes.

What I Want for Wintertide: I'm a simple girl. Just send me some money. If that won't work, I'll take a new pair of noise-cancelling headphones. Yakuza commandeered the last pair, and that piece of fur bait won't give them back. Just make them black or something, please. The gag gifts are only funny once.

What Would I Change About My Past? I hurt somebody once, pretty bad, actually. I'd go back and change that. It's funny. I have no fucking idea what we even fought about. It all seems so stupid now. But we're not Celebi, are we? This train just keeps rolling until you die. No do-overs. No second chances. I'd at least like to know the guy's name though. Maybe pay off a medical bill or something.

What I Would Change In the Present: I need a bigger place. The shoebox was fine when it was just me and Yakuza. But these days there's a manager trying to fit in a 1.5 room apartment. Let me know if you have a decent realtor hidden among those candy cane addicts.

What I Want From My Future: That life I had in fake Galar was nice. I'm hoping to get my EMT certification soon and maybe make up for some of the stupid shit I did. Maybe this year I'll have the courage to finally tell R to shove it.

And, if you're wondering, I didn't bother including the puzzle. My cousin blurted out the answers before I could even try, and it felt like cheating to just scribble her answers down.

Enjoy being dead or whatever.

Madd

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Kyu
He/Him
June 3
Lavaridge
Homosexual
Mercenary
Cadet
In Silence There Is Beauty
awards
141 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazu
Kazuya Yoshida
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2023 7:54:11 GMT
Kazuya Yoshida Avatar

FATHER WINTER THE 2ND
NORTH POLE H0H 0H0
HOENN

Father Winter--

It is nice to enjoy this holiday as I wish. I chose to answer your questions in the form of a haiku.

Praying now for snow
Regretting loud-mouthed hubris
Soon let freedom ring

I believe I counted correctly. Included with this letter is a homemade candy cane. It is a thank you for the brain teaser.

With warm regards,

Yoshida Kazuya

1. Paradox
2. Lycanroc
3. Dialga
4. Celebi
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Nikki
He/Him
October 21
Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Ace Detective (HBIC Agent)
Cadet
Healing Hands
Widowed
42 height
42 height
I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for a SECOND that I am one of them.
awards
279 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikitasokolov
Nikita Sokolov
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2023 8:06:50 GMT
Nikita Sokolov Avatar

FATHER WINTER THE 2ND
NORTH POLE H0H 0H0
HOENN

Dear Father Winter:

I am hopeful this is a mere copycat and not a sign of megalomaniacs to come. I believe one jolly man watching our every move is more than enough. Still, if you have returned, it seems the game is afoot, and I may find some enjoyment in this holiday banality.

As Samuel insists, I will answer your questions instead of pointing out their speculative nature.

When you reach my age, there are many things you regret.  But it is useless to debate what you would do differently. I am certain even Celebi would not alter fate for the wishes of one old man. I would appreciate a fine bottle of liquor. The numbing is welcome on these cold, often dull, nights.

As for the present, I merely hope that Samuel enjoys his gifts. This holiday is now more pain than pleasure to me, but there is some solace in his ability to embrace the season. May Dialga help me look surprised when I open up another atrocious tie.

I hope to live in a future where the Midnight Lycanroc within my soul ceases its incessant howling. Though I fear this feat may leave my hands as red as your suit.

With obligatory holiday blessings,

Nikita Sokolov

P.S. Please try to make the puzzle challenging next year.

1. Paradox
2. Lycanroc
3. Celebi
4. Dialga

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Kelpie
She/Her
June 18
Snowbelle City
Pansexual
Rocket Scientist
Grunt
Fill Me Up Buttercup
M.I.A.
35 height
35 height
This vessel is a lie, a shapeshifting beast, a lesson in fluidity
awards
315 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calpurnia
Calpurnia Kubrick
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2023 8:22:52 GMT
Calpurnia Kubrick Avatar

FATHER WINTER THE 2ND
NORTH POLE H0H 0H0
HOENN

If you knew how much trouble these ridiculous letters were, you would stop requesting them. I am already busy enough without having to play holiday scribe to children.

Now, I suppose it's my turn.

• What I Want for Yuletide: I want some nice, hot hunk to warm up my sleigh bed. This time of year reminds me how very cold and lonely it can be to sleep alone. I'll set out the milk and cookies if you like.
  • What I Would Change: I would tell CPS the truth when they came after momma that Christmas. Even a life with strangers would have been less burdensome than the nonsense that a woman and her husband put me through. If you want something more recent, I would stop my husband from journeying to Ultra Space. Men have such terrible senses of direction.
  • What Do I Want to Change in the Present: I would like to receive a promotion. Personally, I feel it's long overdue. But my work at a competitor likely forever besmirched my good name. And, of course, I'd love for my bed not to be so big and empty~<3.
  • What I Want My Future To Be Like I want to see my name published in dozens of scientific journals. My children will all be successful in their own ways. My eldest is a professor and little Zinnia is taking the dance world by storm.

That should about cover it I think. If you are as attractive as the original Father Winter, feel free to give me a jingle at 555-555-5555. I'll show you around a few dimensions.

Yours truly,

Kelpie Kubrick
Your Favorite Ho-Ho-Ho

1. Paradox
2. Lycanroc
3. Celebi
4. Dialga
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,090 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2023 11:43:48 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matiasbase"]
[attr="class","matias1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","matiasimg"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

only through texting does he discover the answers to the crossword puzzle, though it's not like he even attempted it in the first place. he scribbles them in, not yet realizing just how heavy the presence in his mind has grown.[break][break]

1. paradox, 2. lycanroc, 3. celebi, 4. dialga
[break]

he doesn't get very far into the letter before seeing red. pen to paper with enough aggression that the ink leaks through a few pages, he writes, sharing his desires.[break][break]

FATHER WINTER THE 2ND[BREAK]
NORTH POLE H0H 0H0[BREAK]
HOENN[break][break]

I WANT THE RED ORB. I WANT PRIMAL ENERGY. I WANT POWER. I WANT ALL OF IT. I WANT EVERYTHING.[BREAK][BREAK]

I WANT TO CHANGE NOTHING IN MY PAST.[BREAK][BREAK]

I WANT TO CHANGE NOTHING IN MY PRESENT.[BREAK][BREAK]

I WANT THE FUTURE TO BE WARM AND GLORIOUS. I WANT TO KILL KYOGRE. I WANT TO KILL RAYQUAZA. I WANT TO KILL THEM ALL. I WANT TO RULE.[break][break]

RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB PRIMAL ENERGY RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB PRIMAL ENERGY RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB PRIMAL ENERGY RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB PRIMAL ENERGY RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB PRIMAL ENERGY RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB PRIMAL ENERGY RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB PRIMAL ENERGY RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB PRIMAL ENERGY RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB RED ORB[break][break]

MATIAS SILPH[break][break]
FAIRFAX LANE[break]
ROUTE 121[break]
HOENN
[break]

[attr="class","matias3"]
[attr="class","matiaspoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#5d464e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass.
awards
579 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2023 17:18:07 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
FATHER WINTER II
NORTH POLE H0H 0H0
HOENN

Dear Father Winter the 2nd,

This is so fun. Is this some type of holiday marketing tactic or what? Whatever it is, I'll play along in the spirit of Wintertide joy.

For Wintertide this year, I'd like a new professional camera. My old one has gotten dinged up pretty bad during a recent Lycanroc swarm and fighting a paradox pokemon. It still works so I can't really justify buying a new one, but if one showed up on Wintertide, I sure would be thrilled!

In my past, I wish that I would have spent less time trying to make my parents value me and more time valuing myself. Thinking back, so many of those unhappy hours would have been so much better if I just recognized that I was a good person doing good things without needing the approval or attention of my parents. They made their choices and I wasted so much time and effort trying to get them to change. Maybe Celebi send me back to give this advice to my younger self? Ha.

In the present, I want to be stronger. With everything I went through in Galar, I thought I would be better but getting my arse kicked by Team Rocket lately has shown me that I'm not half as good as I thought I was.

I want my relationships with and to grow and be stable in the future. No more misunderstanding or stumbling over what to say, just a sense of normalcy for all of us.

What's with the past/present/future theme? Is Father Winter actually Dialga? Haha. Well, if Stantler does bring me that new camera, I'll make sure to give you a shout out on my blog.

Merry Wintertide,
Jack Wainwright

4 Highlands Dr. Apt. 2
Verdanturf Town
Hoenn

close tab

played by

Oob

He/him
Twenty-five
November 17th
Opelucid City
Gay
Researcher
Grunt
idk height
idk height
Days fade into a watercolour blur / Memories swim and haunt you
awards
240 posts
Alba Evovae DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alba
Alba Evovae
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2023 0:24:53 GMT
Alba Evovae Avatar
FATHER WINTER THE 2ND
NORTH POLE H0H 0H0
HOENN
Dear Father Winter the 2nd,

Wow, I'm on your nice list... That really gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling inside. You LycanROCK for doing that, I can't CeleBI-LIEVE I'm on there! I'm so happy I could DIE-alga!

Kinda weird that you're just doing flyers, right? It's like you're saying everyone in Hoenn's on your good list, but that's a paradox. If everyone's good, nobody is, right?

Anyways, let's start talking about me =)

What do I want for Wintertide? I want your favourite thing. I don't know who you are, or what you are, but I feel like you have interesting tastes. If you want me to be boring though, a fancy telescope would be nice.

What do I want to change in my past...? I wish I'd had a life crisis and moved to Hoenn earlier, I guess. No wait, I wish I'd beaten the Unova League before I moved to Hoenn. It would've been a nice little bow to finish off that part of my life.

What I want to change in my present is easy. I want to be strong. Simple as that.

As for my future... I want it to be long, and interesting. I don't really need stability, or anything like that. If every day is new and fresh, I'll be happy.
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2023 1:02:23 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa2"]
[attr="class","top"]

Dear Father Winter,[break][break]

As I read your little questionnaire, I cannot help but think back to an old Kalosian proverb: 'Be a Wooloo, the Lycanroc will eat you.'[break][break]

Do you think me a Wooloo, then? For you say I am part of your 'nice list,' which is the first of many lies I suspect you are telling me now. It has been some time since I was known for my kindness.[break][break]

And you are so greedy with your questions. How will you know if I'm lying, too, I wonder? I suspect you have better means at your disposal than I do at determining such things. The eyes of Arceus, perhaps, if rumors are to be believed.[break][break]

Is that why you feel so confident in orchestrating the seams of time to your whims? I have already killed one goddess for daring to tempt me with such worlds, and for all the power you possess, you are no Celebi.[break][break]

Even Dialga itself cannot take back a lost opportunity.[break][break]

Oh, I have witnessed countless worlds that mock the misery of my own. I know my own suffering has been avoidable in other universes, and yet, here I stand mired in my own cruel reality for all eternity. Herein lies the paradox: I resent the past too much to change it. To do so would be to erase myself from existence, replacing me with a woman I barely recognize.[break][break]

I, the present Elisabeth Fiorelli, would no longer exist in a world where my own suffering is negated.[break][break]

But surely you knew that, omniscient creature that you are?[break][break]

That is the same reason I cannot ask you to change the present, despite how I yearn to. You cannot remove from me the god that has shackled itself to my unhappiness, because so long as it still exists, that Ruinous Beast will hunger for me. I cannot decide if it is a Divine curse or blessing, to be rewarded in such a way for all I have endured.[break][break]

Power always comes at a cost. At least I have already paid mine many times over.[break][break]

The future opens before every person, no matter how insignificant, with the simple gift of time. How I will spend it, I don't know. I learned a long time ago not to raise my own hopes too greatly. All I wish is to survive; those who remain alive can still shape their own fates.[break][break]

I have had too much wine, and this letter has already become several lines too verbose for my liking. But I will begrudge you one small thing, out of curiosity if nothing else.[break][break]

I will tell you what I want.[break][break]

I do not seek another universe to hide myself within. Instead, I ask you for a way to communicate with the ones that exist elsewhere.[break][break]

I know such a thing is already possible, dear Winter. Don't disappoint me, hm?[break][break]

Fondly,[break]
Elisabeth Fiorelli[break]
P.O. Box 666[break]
Sootopolis, Hoenn[break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa2"] --accent:#db7093!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,032 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2023 1:53:48 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar

FATHER WINTER THE 2ND

NORTH POLE H0H 0H0

HOENN

Father Winter,

As I am sure you are aware, I love Pokémon that can run fast. I've been on the hunt for a big enough LYCANROC for quite some time, but I haven't been able to find one either fast enough or big enough to meet my standards.

What I wanted to ask for is the reassurance that Raikou is alive and well. That's something I'm sure you can't provide me. You can't control Raikou. No one can. So instead, what I ask for this year is a way for my Pokémon to match Raikou's Extreme Speed. I haven't been able to find a way to replicate it, even with my swiftest Pokémon. Perhaps you have a way to?

If I could change one thing about the past, it would be erasing the way I mistreated a young, helpless girl, ruining her life forever.. Without meeting and befriending CELEBI, though, that's not happening. What's done is done, and I've learned to live with it. It's the part of me I detest the most.

At present, I want to restore and improve my image with the public. By now, they know that I did something horribly wrong that day. The PARADOX of a young and successful Gym Leader, providing one of the most entertaining yet applicable tests the Hoenn League had to offer, blighted by a one-off incident so horrific I am lucky to not be imprisoned for, leaves me in a tough spot. I want to be able to convey that I am a fair and just leader that works hard to protect every law-abiding citizen. Not just of Mauville, but of the whole region.

My dream future would be a Hoenn at peace: a world where Sygna Suits, Avatars, and other weapons of war are no longer needed. A world where what is on Hoennians' minds is not the next terrorist strike from Rocket or the next bloody battle with death tolls in the hundreds, but who wins the PFL playoffs. A world where even the gods can roam alongside humans and just... be Pokémon and remember what it's like to have fun. Surely, even the gods have to have fun every once in a while, too! Perhaps the Timelord DIALGA can drift Hoenn toward such a future.

- Josh Devlin, the Master of Faster
8834 W 91st St Apt 101
Mauville, Hoenn

-=-=-=

TL;DR: Josh wants an Extreme Speed potion/custom move tutor.

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Oz
He/Him
July 11
Hau'oli City
Heterosexual
CEO of Adebayo Holdings
Wealth doesn't corrupt character - it makes it visible.
awards
232 posts
Ozni Adebayo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ozniadebayo
Ozni Adebayo
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2023 22:13:38 GMT
Ozni Adebayo Avatar

FATHER WINTER THE 2ND
NORTH POLE H0H 0H0
HOENN

Yo, Jack Frost!

It's pretty cool to write to a dead guy. Though that happens with normal Santa too I guess.

When it comes to what I want this year, it's a hard question. I could literally buy anything. A yacht? BOOM! A private jet? BOOM. I'd love to jive with some aliens though. Not the Megalopans either. I prefer my extraterrestrials without a side of Lecter.

As for the present, I think it's time to trade tropical wasteland for a paradise. It takes a really courageous guy to deliver gifts in a place like this. At home, my biggest worry is what mocktail I want. Next time someone tells me shit's crazy, I might listen.

My biggest hope for the future is to get that family on lock. Once you are thirty and single, people start looking at you funny. Just send me a cute lawyer or Cinderella. Heck, make it a plum princess, for all I care. Just not a Xenomorph, all right? Vore's not my thing, bruv.

The crossword was fun, but I don't remember where I put it. So, you'll just have to take my word that I did it.

Maholo and Merry Christmas,

Oz Adebayo