[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]LETTERS TO FATHER WINTER THE 2ND

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 30TH, 11:59PM PST

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r4eu6ubwLs1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
[break]
- 🎼 Battle! Christmas | Pokémon Masters EX

HO HO HO

AROUND HOENN, never before seen flyers are stacked near convenience stores, newspaper stands, or posted on poles.

FLYER

HO HO HO, MERRY WINTERTIDE HOENN![break][break]
How are you? Me and my Impidimp have been working very hard making Wintertide extra special this year.[break][break]

I am so happy to see that you have made it to my "Nice List", so I invite you to write a letter to me asking what you want this holiday season. This time, I've got a few more questions for you to answer so we can tailor your gift to be even more special![break][break]

• WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR WINTERTIDE?
  • [break]
  • WHAT DO YOU WANT TO CHANGE IN YOUR PAST?
  • [break]
  • WHAT DO YOU WANT TO CHANGE IN YOUR PRESENT?
  • [break]
  • WHAT DO YOU WANT YOUR FUTURE TO BE LIKE?
[break]

Please send your letters to the following address:
FATHER WINTER THE 2ND[break]
NORTH POLE H0H 0H0[break]
HOENN

Please include a return address, because how else will the Stantler know where to deliver your gift?[break][break]

So don't forget to go to bed early on Wintertide Eve! I am looking forward to your scrumptious Moomoo Milk and Lava Cookies!

Merrily,
Father Winter the 2nd

FURTHERMORE, a crossword is on the back of the flyer. The flyers suggest that should you INCLUDE THE CROSSWORD'S ANSWERS (CORRECT WORDS) in your letter, you may receive a special surprise!

click and drag the image to a new tab to view it at full size

RULES & GUIDELINES

INSTRUCTIONS

FOR THIS MINI-EVENT, post a letter from your character that is addressed to Father Winter The Second (a santa-like figure, presumably). In the letter, include the following information:[break][break]

• WHAT DOES YOUR CHARACTER WANT FOR WINTERTIDE?
  • [break]
  • WHAT DOES YOUR CHARACTER WANT TO CHANGE IN THEIR PAST?
  • [break]
  • WHAT DOES YOUR CHARACTER WANT TO CHANGE IN THEIR PRESENT?
  • [break]
  • WHAT DOES YOUR CHARACTER WANT FOR THEIR FUTURE?

[break][break]

All of your characters can participate; however, please LABEL THE ONE CHARACTER'S LETTER YOU WOULD LIKE A RESPONSE FROM FATHER WINTER FOR. There may be a follow-up.[break][break]

Please note that this event will transition into a different thematic domain compared to the past Father Winter Events (LETTERS TO FATHER WINTER & FATHER WINTER'S WAGER). Consequently, do not expect to receive what the character asks for in their letter.[break][break]

Lastly, do not worry if you do not get the crossword entirely correct. There will not be a gatekeeping component this time. Please SPOILER CROSSWORD ANSWERS during discussion in case others want to try to figure it out on their own!

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
✨ I'm addicted to shining and glowing
awards
2,667 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
LETTERS TO FATHER WINTER THE 2ND
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2023 6:00:32 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","header"]FATHER WINTER THE 2nd 🎅

[attr="class","setting"]

doesn't just write a letter, he goes out shopping for it. The whole atmosphere must be set. It's an excuse, as most things are, to dress up and go for a little shopping trip to the local department store. He glides through aisles of stationary picking a couple options, should he want to send other letters out. He grabs more than a handful of stickers as well as pretty colored felt pens, glitter pens, and even holographic washi tape. And then when he gets home he doesn't run or rush. He makes himself a cup of hot cocoa, dunks a candy cane into his mug, and begins to draft his official letter. After many, many drafts. [break][break]

[break][break]

FATHER WINTER THE 2ND [break]
NORTH POLE H0H 0H0 [break]
HOENN
[break][break]

[break]

Hello Father Winter the 2nd! 🎅 [break][break]

I'm so, so, so excited to write to you, but also I've gotta be honest, I was really looking forward to sending something to Father Winter the 1st. We've received reports he went missing- maybe even died!? But no body has been recovered. If possible, what I'd like for this Wintertide the most is a chance to go another date with him again! Or at least confirm if he's dead or not. His appearance and disappearance at Mt. Chimney was pretty PARADOXical, yeah? Anyway, I hope he isn't dead!! Hope this isn't too painful of an ask either. I assume you two are related in some way? [break][break]

Oh, but sorry this is your letter! I want to offer the utmost respect and well wishes to you too! Not sure how interested you'd be in coming with me and Father Winter the 1st on our date, but I'm sure we could make it a fun hangout!! I'll wear something cuuUUUuute~ [break][break]

Anyway, onto the next questions I guess. If DIALGA or CELEBI could turn back time for me, I guess....mmm....maybe that my parents were nicer to me? To us, in general. Noemi and Antain were waaay harsh you know? I'm sure everyone had it pretty hard. Then again I don't- didn't even know my oldest sister that well so- who knows. Maybe and know. Maybe Noemi got more and more hag-like as the number of kids increased and we just got the dregs of parenthood. Antain was such a prick. Doubt it's changed with Silvano. Poor kid. [break][break]

My present? That's kind of a crazy ask but- oh oh oh!! You might know right? Of course you do! You know everything after all. Got any juicy leads on Kyurem?? Maybe not a way to find it- that's pretty obvious, look up at the sky and see a dragon half the size of mountain. But I mean- What about the power to break through GLACIATE's ice patch? You know, like, any way to destroy Never-Melt Ice aside from Kyurem itself? Oooh that'd be so tasty- and I could finally get Buca back- ok not just buca. Hoenn needs a back up when Kyurem starts freezing the entire continent again. It'll happen. I'm, like, 85% sure of it... I'll throw in a kiss and another portion of lava cookies if that sweetens the deal. [break][break]

Myyyy fuuuutuuuuureee?? I feel like that kind of thing is as varied as a LYCANROC's evolutionary line. Uhh, I guess I'd want to see Kyurem devour the Tao Dragons before we all die. Or something to secure Rocket's hold on Sootopolis and continue expansion into Slateport? But, maybe that's too big of an ask... I think I'm happy to just keep growing as a Beast. I think- I like to think I'm growing into my job every day. But I can always be better- do better. Even if people don't see it. But I'd rather do this- perfect this- than to have to ever go back to feeling like him. I don't think I'll survive a second chance at Michaelis Fisk. Without Rocket? Without ? ?? I really think I'll die. Like perma-die. No Mint Frost. No Jack Frost. No Pepper Mint. Or Pepper Hawthorne. Literally die. [break][break]

Anyway, I'll probably like whatever you cook up because it's still a chance to see him anyway. OOOH! Could we go on snowy horse ride? I'll take my Glastier, you can ride a Spectrier or a Rapidash- it'll be cute. Ok I'm done. Don't ever say I didn't give you options. [break][break]

Seasons greetings and to future meetings, [break][break]

❄️ Mint Frost ❄️ [break][break]

MINT FROST [break]
2638 ALIUM CORNER APT 908B [break]
LILLYCOVE CITY, HOENN 30308
[break][break]

[break][break]

Included inside the colorful Christmas themed envelope, is the finished crossword with some additional doodles of one smitten, Father Winter fan. It smells lightly of something fresh and with a hint of citrus, just like Mint. [break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + this just in: twink down horrendous for bigger terrorists than him. 🗼

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative; --accent:#9DF2FF; --bgimg:url(https://64.media.tumblr.com/67068795984d4aa8172f9809574eab92/28c632a278fef28d-2d/s500x750/83c8f7c6976c5782cd7a705e56689ae531881aea.gifv);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; background-color:#4e1347; background-blend-mode:lighten; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2023 6:21:51 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

FATHER WINTER THE 2ND
NORTH POLE H0H 0H0
HOENN

Dear Father Winter,[break][break]

I hope this letter finds you well. I had unfortunately missed your calling last year, to my great disappointment, but I am pleased to be able to write you this Wintertide. I've given great thought to the questions you have posed, and I entrust you with the sensitive nature of these answers.[break]

What do I want for Wintertide? After much contemplation, I realize I am a coward. I have run away from everything difficult in my past, unable to confront my choices out of trepidation for the consequences. Therefore, I wish for the strength to overcome my fear, to control it's oppresive nature, and to live without it's burdenous shadow darkening my life.[break]

What do I want to change in my past? I regret not trusting my half-brother, . Instead of believing he could protect me, I betrayed him and abandoned the only real family I'd ever known. I want to go back and give him the loyalty he deserved, the one I had promised.[break]

What do I want to change in my present? My present is such a flux of contrasting emotions and conflicting desires, I want to have the clarity and lucidity of mind to know which path I should follow, to know for sure where I belong.[break]

What do I want for my future? My future is uncertain, but there is of one thing I am sure. I don't want to be alone, torn from those I love the most by the ruinous fissure that divides us.[break]

I know you will be receiving thousands of letters, but I hope that mine finds it way into your hands. This is the first Wintertide I've spent alone, and I could really use some magic to get me through.[break]

Sincerely, [break]

Rowan Wrynn

1103 WISTERIA STREET APT #3B
EVER GRANDE CITY
[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2023 6:22:38 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
HELLO MISTER FATHER WINTER,

AS YOU KNOW, I AM A PERSON WITH MANY DOGS, SUCH AS MY GOOD FRIEND LYCANROC RIGHT HERE BESIDE ME. WHAT I WANT FOR WINTERTIDE IS NOTHING COMPLICATED, BUT ANYTHING THAT MAKES LIFE MORE INTERESTING WOULD BE GOOD.

I REALLY LIKE THE CONCEPT OF MY POKEMON BEING UPGRADABLE, JUST LIKE HOW MY SILVALLY WORKS. MAYBE YOU CAN GET ME SOMETHING THAT WORKS SIMILARLY BUT SOMETHING I DON'T HAVE. IT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE TO SURPRISE MY FRIENDS WITH. IMAGINE MECHA DOGS!

IF I CAN CHANGE THE PAST, I FEEL LIKE I WILL JUST GET ASSERTIVE ABOUT MY FAITH LIKE MY OLD FRIEND CAIT, THE PREVIOUS CELEBI AVATAR. IF I ACTED LIKE HER, THEN MAYBE THINGS WOULDN'T SPIRAL OUT OF CONTROL AND GET THINGS BUSIER FOR ME.

MY PRESENT IS SUCH A PARADOX THAT I'M NOT SURE THAT I CAN SAY ANYTHING THAT WOULD AFFECT THINGS POSITIVELY. FOR NOW, I THINK GETTING RID OF ROCKET IS FINE SO I CAN CONCENTRATE ON THE RPG PORTION OF LIFE.

THE FUTURE CAN BE WHATEVER. ANOTHER CATASTROPHIC EVENT BROUGHT BY PALKIA AND DIALGA WOULD BE EXCITING, BUT I DOUBT THAT WOULD END WELL. SPEAKING OF THOSE TWO, I ALSO MISS GIRATINA'S AVATAR, KATHERINE. MAYBE GIVE ME A MEMENTO TO REMIND OF HER, SOMETHING PERSONAL LIKE, I DUNNO, ONE OF HER COLLECTIONS?

ANYWAYS, I'M GLAD YOU HAVE GIVEN US ANOTHER CHANCE TO DO THIS AGAIN. I WAS SO BUMMED I DIDN'T EXPERIENCE IT LAST TIME!

LOVE, KYLE LOPEZ
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,482 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2023 6:29:28 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar
Father Winter,

I don't know why I'm bothering to write this letter. Perhaps it's a form of therapy, as trite as that sounds.

All I want for Wintertide is the power to protect those I care about. I am but a mortal man, an insignificant spec of dust, in the grand scheme of things. , , , , , , , , , , , and so many more. I want to be able to protect these people, to give them the good life they deserve.

If I had to change anything in my past, Celebi and Dialga be damned, it would be to take back the things I said on that livestream. That instead of turning my back on the League, in their time of need, that I wish I'd have done the right thing, to guide them to improve themselves. To never let another Sootopolis happen again.

If I could change anything in the present, it's to know that is safe. My partner, the woman I fell in love with, but never got to tell her. The fact that she disappeared without a trace, the idea she might've met a terrible fate, all of it haunts me to no end. Last night, I had a nightmare that she was devoured by a pack of Lycanroc, but I digress.

For the future, I only want a world where the people can prosper, can live their lives, without the looming threat of Rocket, or any such organization. But I realize that's a pipe dream. And that in such a world, I fully understand that I'd be but another Paradox, someone that doesn't belong. But even if I can't exist in such a world, as long as the ones I care for can enjoy it, that's good enough for me.

For what little it's worth,

Thomas Benoit
97 Peachtree Road, Verdanturf Town

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
476 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2023 6:34:08 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Manifesting and reflecting for Wintertide?

I haven't done something like this since I was a kid. Oh well, it's pretty harmless. For Wintertide, I want to show all that I've learned from my time in the Border with . I've become a stronger trainer, and I want her to know that I've grown from the events that hurt me earlier this year. And we should have hot cocoa.

My past is my past. Of course, my life would've been easier if I'd been a psychic like all my family, but. Then, I wouldn't have the team I have now. I wouldn't be a ranger. I don't think I'd change anything. Maybe win that fight I should've won out in the ocean routes.

Right now, I want to keep moving forward. But I'd like to cherish my time more. I keep moving too quickly between areas of Hoenn, and I feel like, honestly, a ghost. I need to set down roots. This is my home. I've got to act like it.

Um. If I do really well, I think I could be the Ranger Captain of Dewford! But I have a lot of growing to do. I need to get better at battling and strategy. And I'd like to be more comfortable with more pokemon than just dragons and ghosts. And I want to get to know more people. And stop Rocket operations that are moving in the shadows. In the future, I'm going to be brave and strong enough to tackle it.

This Wintertide is going to be my most successful yet, but not my most successful ever. I'll tell you all about it next year.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2023 7:06:11 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[attr="class","pokkenger"]

"Wait is it not Santa-"

HEY FATHER WINTER!

ALRIGHT SO WINTERTIDE EH? MAN ITS COMING CLOSER BY THE MINUTE HUH? WHAT DID SOMEONE PROMISE DIALGA A FUCKING COOL ASS PRESENT FOR IT? THAT DOESN'T CAUSE A PARADOX DOES IT? NAH.

AS FOR WHAT I WANT? UH. GOOD QUESTION. GUESS A BIT OF COURAGE TO FIND LOVE. SOME GUY HIT ON ME LAST MONTH AND I CAN'T SAY I DIDN'T HATE IT. ARCEUS WHERE'S CELEBI WHEN YOU WANT A DO-OVER ON THINGS?

SPEAKING OF IF I HAD TO CHANGE SOMETHING IN THE PAST UH...I GUESS MAYBE CHANGE MY WRESTLING GIMMICK FROM INCINEROAR TO LYCANROC MAYBE. THOSE GUYS ARE ALWAYS COOL AND I COULD JUST CHANGE DIFFERENT STYLES FOR DIFFERENT REASONS. BUT I DUNNO, CAN'T DO MY BIG KITTY DIRTY LIKE THAT. JUST A THOUGHT.

FOR THE PRESENT...UH... I GUESS I WISH I COULD CHANGE HOW I DO THINGS. MAYBE WORKING DIRECTLY UNDER THE LEAGUE AGAIN IS LIMITING. MAYBE GOING BACK TO THEM IS WHAT I NEED TO DO TO DO MORE. HARD TO SAY. IF YA CAN GIVE ME SOME DIRECTION THAT'D BE NICE. IF YOU POINT ME TOWARDS ROCKET THEN WELL BUDDY, I'MA STEAL A KISS FROM YA BEFORE KNOCKING YOU OUT. THOUGH I GUESS TRYING TO HELP PEOPLE WITHOUT THE LEAGUE BREATHING DOWN MY NECK IS WHAT I'D REALLY WANT.

AS FOR THE FUTURE? EXCITING. THRILLING. PEACEFUL. KINDA CONTRADICTORY DON'TCHA THINK? A HERO HAS TO FIGHT FOR THE PEACE BUT A FIGHTER LIKE ME CAN'T EVER SIT STILL DURING IT. MAYBE GET MYSELF SOME GOOD RIVALS AND BUDS WHO'LL THROW DOWN WHENEVER WE WANT WOULD BE NICE. I'D HAVE TO GET STRONGER THOUGH, WOULDN'T WANT THEM BEATING ME TOO EASILY. MAYBE SOME DIFFERENT TACTICS OR NEW POKEMON OR SOMETHING TO HELP KEEP THEM ON THEIR TOES TOO. YEAH I COULD DO THAT ON MY OWN BUT HEY, YOU'RE THE ONE ASKING.

BY THE WAY YOU RELATED TO THE WYNTERS DOWN FROM GALAR? MY PA TELLS ME WE COULD HAVE COUSINS ALL OVER THE PLACE. IF SO STOP BY MY PLACE CUZ, WE'LL HANG OUT.

-SIGNED,

373 muddy water way
dewford town

@father wynter

[newclass=.pokkenger] [/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger b] color: #30c2d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger i] color: #30c2d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #30c2d7;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kappa

He/him
Twenty-nine
Heterosexual
Civilian
0 height
0 height
awards
36 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kappa
YANNICK SOLETTE
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2023 7:29:12 GMT
YANNICK SOLETTE Avatar
Part of me wonders why I am even entertaining such an exercise.
After all, I should have better things to do than write letters to someone who doesn’t even exist.
Right, I better get on to answering these questions listed here on the flyer.
About what I want for Wintertide?
Doing something that matters would be nice for a change.
Obviously, I’m not capable of chasing interdimensional beasts, but hey.
Xenophobia can’t be experienced by world-hopping pokemon, I hope.

Listing out what I would change in my past would take me forever.
You wouldn’t want me to carry on so I will just say this.
Could I have used a little more freedom in the past?
All things considered, having a bit more self-determination would have made me much happier
Never mind the safety of a preconceived path.
Really what I could have used was the space to make my own mistakes.
Only now am I coming to terms with the fact that I don’t really know myself.
Could you send me an invoice for this therapy session once you get this?

Coming to the present, I can only think of what I should do next.
Experiencing the world with new eyes tells me a few things.
Likely I don’t have the power to affect change.
Even so, I would like to start meeting like-minded people.
Better that we suffer together, right?
I think that there’s something even little old me can do.

Don’t make me carry on with the talk about the future.
I’m starting to realise I might be slightly neurotic.
All I can think of is an exciting life of intrigue.
Leafing through the pages of my thrillers and crime dramas has got me dreaming.
Going through the monotonous motions has left me wanting.
A life of suspense could be what I’m looking for.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,530 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2023 7:59:10 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
FATHER WINTER THE 2ND
NORTH POLE H0H 0H0
HOENN

Who are you?

The previous FATHER WINTER warned me of your arrival. Are you an actual twin? A clone? Some sort of version of him from another time and place? Needless to say, I do not trust your 'NICE LIST' or your motives for that matter.

But I've heard about what happened last year. Whether or not this is a trick of some sort, I've decided to play along. I don't expect you to believe the validity of my wishes, but I shall be forthright with you anyway.

For WINTERTIDE this year, above all else, I would like to secure a method or CURE FOR RESTORING ZEKROM to his former glory. If I could change anything about my PAST, it would include erasing any of my personal INVOLVEMENT WITH TEAM ROCKET. If I could change anything about my PRESENT, I would point myself in the direction of a SIGNIFICANT ARCHAEOLOGICAL DISCOVERY INVOLVING THE DRACONIDS that might benefit Hoenn and the League. Lastly, the FUTURE I would like to realize is one where I can be a FORCE OF GOOD for the good people of HOENN and GALAR.

I intend to find out what your true intentions with this practice are. Below I've attached the answered crossword puzzle and a return address as requested. I surely don't have to tell you that it is not where I actually live, as that is currently confidential information. But it will work for the intended purpose regardless.

241 POMEG LANE
TWINLEAF TOWN

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,782 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2023 8:01:33 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
An envelope is delivered to the appropriate address, seal licked shut.

Dear Father Winter the Second,

There's this ancient Alolan sculpture of a LYCANROC that was lost seven hundred years ago. If you could somehow find it, I'd be very appreciative. Please don't tape a pipe bomb to it, or something. I never get to celebrate WINTERTIDE with my family, so knowing that it's spent restoring history makes me feel warm and fuzzy!

Yet isn't that a PARADOX, knowing that I'm wishing for a gift that cannot be verified? An artifact can be forged, time can be rewoven, dreams can be shredded and incinerated for the fuel that keeps time going. This terrifies me. Can I even enjoy Wintertide right now, knowing that my wish is selfless? Shouldn't it be selfish.

I ramble.

A selfish wish would be to meet CELEBI and DIALGA. I've had an argument going with my old history teacher, regarding tax laws in Ecruteak during 1689. Those records are lost, so they can't be verified by me or anyone else. Oh, oh! Do you think they could check and see if the city of Mauville started in 1781, or 1780? I'd really like to confirm that, too!

The only wish I have for the future is that it comes quicker, so that I have more to look back on when it comes time to do my job. Who wishes for more work, haha. I'm likely losing it.

Please don't be a murderer or something obscene. There's too many of those at my job.

Best, Howard Slayte

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,320 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2023 8:31:05 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
Dear Father Winter,

it is my first time writing to you since my arrival in Hoenn eleven months ago and I hope this letter finds you on this Wintertide. I gave some thought over your questions and I will give you my answers here towards my own thoughts on those matters.

What I want for Wintertide is a little Duskull to keep me company for the long hours that I have to work. Ambassadorial work can take a little longer due to the appointments I have to be in, so a friend to play with during breaks would be a good way to de-stress.

If I could change anything in my past, I would like to shed the shy and timid personality I had as a young girl to have more friends in my childhood. Alas, I was never liked much, but maybe it will change.

One thing I would change about the present is to keep working on mending Galarian-Hoennian relations…as much as my aunt, the current Queen of Galar, would despise my actions in her hatred towards Hoenn. I want to have her see the benefit we would gain from both Hoenn and Galar’s sakes.

Finally, the future I want to create… I’d want to work to become the leader and representative figure that Galar can be proud of. Since I bear that burden of ensuring the safety and well-being of the Galarian immigrants in Hoenn and those that I consider my people as their princess, I have a duty to protect and serve my country and its people.

With my answers, it is my wish that you’ll read them. I do look forward to whatever input you will write in your letter to me and I’ll wish you good health for you in turn.

Sincerely,

Royal Galarian Ambassador of Hoenn

15867 Colbur Dr.
Lilycove City
Hoenn

close tab

played by

✧ des ✧

✧ desi | diamandis ✧
✧ she/her ✧
✧ twenty four ✧
✧ september 23 ✧
✧ lumiose, kalos ✧
✧ bisexual ✧
✧ teravolt edm artist ✧
✧ ace trainer ✧
✧ do i know what's real? ✧
awards
606 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desiree
DESIREE BLOOMS
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2023 8:45:07 GMT
DESIREE BLOOMS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","desikiss"]
[attr="class","body"]

Father Winter,[break][break]

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶
[break]
So much has happened since last winter, I hope you'll forgive me for not writing to you until now. Some people say that this kind of thing helps them heal their inner child, but I was thinking that this might help me heal my inner twenty-four-year-old self. My birthday was back in September, I've been doing a little bit better since then. I hope you've been doing better since then too, even if you were having the time of your life back when summer was turning to fall~![break][break]

What I want for Wintertide ˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ is the feeling that I've started to feel again when I wake up, that feeling of peace rather than guilt and fear, to remain prosperous. It's been strange, finally getting back that sensation I've chased since that night every now and then. I'd love for it to continue, perhaps while wearing that one-of-a-kind Mugler flower petal dress from the 80's I've always wanted.[break][break]

Something I'd want to change in my past ˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ is not taking , , and seriously with their warnings of what lurks in the corners of the world and beyond. I thought that I was invincible after what my dad had caused, able to overcome all despite how unqualified I was at my core to face such things. And while I have luck to thank, it is a miracle that I've made it this far with my head in the clouds.[break][break]

So for my present, ˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ I want to train and continue working on myself to become the ultimate version of myself while holding on to all the love I feel on the inside. In all facets, I want to continue working with to become qualified and continue helping the world- whether this means gaining more muscle, sharpening my reflexes, or ridding myself of the remnants of guilt for what happened back then. I want to keep working on returning to who I was before but enhanced.[break][break]

And for my future ˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ it should be obvious, for I wish to be living with the sparkly blossoms kissed by dew, encapsulating hearts by living as if I am the embodiment of love. To always be there for those close to my heart as they have been for me, and to be respected for my kindness and willingness to achieve. I want my future to be grand like that, living as the perfect, ultimate version of myself- and to show others they can do the same, that light at the end of the tunnel.[break][break]

If that light truly exists, and does not lead me alongside the rest of the world into a looming pit of despair. Though the world is full of hurt, lacking so much love where it should flourish, I feel as if I'm slowly starting to find the light shining through the cracks of such giant boulders. I wish in the future, love can bloom again through those cracks too in the form of a miracle, if the universe could ever be so kind.[break][break]

It would be a beautiful sight to throw the balance of hate and love for a loop, with the latter taking complete precedence. A dream come true. I'll leave out some special lava cookies just for you for your time reading this, assuming this will make it into your hands. But even if this ends up in a trash can somewhere, I'll still make them.[break][break]

Muah, Muah,[break]
Desiree Blooms[break][break]

Return Address:[break]
PO BOX 333[break]
Fortree, Hoenn

[break][break]

[break][break]

NOTES

- its tiiiiiiiiiiiiiime

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".desikiss"]--accent:#ff9ebe;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,236 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2023 9:11:07 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
FATHER WINTER THE 2ND[break]
NORTH POLE H0H 0H0[break]
HOENN[break][break]

[break][break]

Winter,[break][break]
Hope this makes sense. Not too proud to admit I’m a few bottles in while I’m writing this. Tough day. Tough month. Tough year. Gotta be a little drunk to write letters to a boogeyman, asking him for presents. This is probably just some chain letter bullshit anyway. Guess I’ll use it for free therapy.[break][break]
I think about the past a lot. Things that could’ve been different. How I could’ve been different. All the times I let and march to hell without me. How I let my brother down. Maybe Sootopolis wouldn’t have fallen. Maybe Gabe would still be alive. Who the fuck knows? Not like you can change the past. All we can do is change the here and now.[break][break]
Which, I guess, leads into now. Guess I’m happy? Life’s alright. Only thing I’d do is end the war. Not really what you want, huh? A little visionary made me think you kinda like watching us fight. Black and white on a chessboard, beating the shit out of each other. Peace is boring, but I could stand a little boredom. Especially if it makes Melody smile.[break][break]
And tomorrow? How’s the song go? Tomorrow don’t exist. Already died once. Don’t expect to see tomorrow. The tomorrow that matters. I’ll tell you what I want. I want , , , , and all the other kids this war’s fucked up to grow up happy. I want to sleep easy without thinking he’s gonna die. ? That slacker deserves to slack. He works too damn hard. Let him catch up on his shitty RPGs and visual novels.[break][break]
I want Melody to smile. Want her to live a long life with the kids we had. Sometimes I think about playing a song for her on the guitar. Guess if I could have anything, I’d wanna be able to really do it. Play the guitar for her. Too late for that, huh? That dick they call my dad fucked up my guitar. Got too busy after he died to ever learn.[break][break]
So yeah. Thanks for the therapy. Fuck with my friends and I’ll kill you.[break][break]

P.S.: How the hell are civvies supposed to solve your puzzle? Only reason I know about Celebi is because I've got friends in high places. Guess Dialga's' easy to guess. Gotta live under a rock to not know Arceusism. Lycanroc's a good Pokemon, dunno how that ties in. And Paradox Pokemon are abominations? That the official stance of your crew?[break][break][break]

-Sheriff Navidson[break]
371 Muddy Water Lane[break]
Dewford

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
But I, I will, go on howling and hollow
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2023 9:51:54 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar

FATHER WINTER THE 2ND
NORTH POLE H0H 0H0
HOENN

"My fiancée lays asleep. I don't know why I chose 25 to write my first letter to you. Never really got a chance to believe in you, seeing as you couldn't gift me the only thing I ever wanted; a family. I claimed that myself. I found a heart I want more than anything, and a dream I thought I left behind."

"I'm probably not making sense. Let me start. I came to Hoenn with the intent to run away from my problems. I didn't want to face them head-on, and when I was confronted with my own cowardice, it broke me. I hate to say it, but I gave into a darkness that I never really pulled away from. To this day, I still think I have that. I feel like a failure. To my partner. To my friends. To everything."

"Everything is so fucked right now... excuse my language, I'm just tired."

"I want so badly is to have a quiet life. But I can't wish for that. What I want for most of all is the strength to do the right thing. To believe I can be there for them. Those who care about be. To stay alive now."

"Something I want to change in the past? To fix my cowardice. I want nothing more than to face my problems. To turn a blind eye to injustice is to allow it into being... I cannot abide by that anymore. I let my friend fall. But the symptom isn't the cause. I want the strength to be able to end it."

"Something I want to change in the present? Easy. To not break my promises anymore. Someone I love dearly, I cannot hurt him anymore."

"My future? A happy life. Is there anything else? ... well, yes. I want to see the end to that injustice. Followers to those who stand for what's wrong in the world. I am no agent of justice. To make the world a safer place for my fiancée."

Crossword

ASHLEY SHEPARD
METRO SANCTUARY, APARTMENT 3102, SLATEPORT CITY
HOENN

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,669 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2023 12:16:42 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
FATHER WINTER THE 2ND
NORTH POLE H0H 0H0
HOENN

Dear Father Winter the 2nd,

Are you a member of the DRK Triad like the other Father Winter? You’d tell me if you were a LYCANROC in Wooloo’s clothing, right? Anyway, I hope this letter finds you well and that the Lava Cookies didn’t make you gassy. It happens to me all the time.

What I want for this Wintertide is to finally achieve my dream to become a Pokémon. Scientifically, it’s not possible for humans to metamorphose, but it might be possible with a little bit of magic. I know you’re a wizard. How else would you teach your Stantler to Fly?

What I want to change in my past is… nothing. Did some sad stuff happen in the past? Yes. Do I wish things had gone differently? Sure, but trying to change the past would only create a time PARADOX. Besides, it’s not like anyone knows where CELEBI or DIALGA are.

What I want to change in my present is my lack of focus. I want a goal I can put my whole heart into. I think being able to focus without being distracted is a beautiful thing. Just like Dragons are beautiful. Have you ever seen the way a Gyarados’ scales sparkle when they get out of the water? Very beautiful, very powerful. I know Gyarados is not actually a Dragon, but it might as well be. What was I talking about again?

What I want for my future is for this war to end. I hope there can finally be peace between the League and Rocket. I know it’s not easy, but it’s not impossible. There are scary forces threatening our world. This is really not the time to be fighting each other over shiny rocks.

By the way, I tried solving your crossword puzzle, but I couldn’t recognize any of those strange symbols, so I just filled it in at random. Did I get any of them right? Who knows. At least I had fun doing it.

Love,
Andrea

VANEAU FAMILY RANCH
FALLARBOR TOWN, HOENN

crossword-andrea-2.png