LETTERS TO FATHER WINTER THE 2ND
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2023 22:45:14 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
28, November 2023

FATHER WINTER THE 2ND
NORTH POLE H0H 0H0
HOENN

Dear Father Winter,

You may not know who I am, or, you may not know this life of mine... Maybe I have written you before, in the past, but I would have been a different person then. So, I'll be writing you for the first time this year, in essence. It seems like Wintertide is such a wonderful season that you bring to the region, I'm experiencing it all for the first time. The feelings of joy, giving, and hope are so forthcoming, I can't help but feel like I can take on some of those sentiments too, it's been getting harder to hold on to feelings that used to seem so simple...

I, don't really know if this letter will find you, or find anyone, but at the very least, I feel like I should write it anyway. That's what this holiday is about, right? Hope?

What do people normally ask for for Wintertide? I'm not really sure that I can fathom the concept? I guess there's not really a right or wrong answer if I'm the one being asked, but I don't have an object that I feel like I can ask for, and be happy with? I don't want new clothes, or some piece of technology, but asking for something like peace, or stability seems too metaphorical? But... That's really all I want, I'm... living so many lies right now and having to hide in so many shadows, I just want to know that I belong somewhere in spite of how broken my life is, and that I'll be okay, given some time.

My past? Which one? My distant past, my unknown past, or my recent past...? I'm sorry, that's a lot to put on you, and you probably didn't know... It's just getting hard to keep track of how many lives I've lived and how many threads and strands of myself are out there... Um... Maybe, if you're around next year, maybe I can answer this question next time? I... Don't really have an answer to give you, sorry if that messes things up...

If I knew or felt like I had a choice... I wouldn't change anything about my present... Really. I know that probably sounds silly, everybody probably has something that they want to change about their life now for one reason or another... But, if you have the power to do so, I would just really like it to stay the way that it is... I've lost... so much before, and there are a lot of awful terrible things that have already happened to me but... I don't want to forget this life too, I don't want it to change. I want to keep everything the way that it is right now, all the good and the bad... I can't bear the thought of loosing everything all over again, all of the people that I know, all of the friends who know my name and remember me as I am right now...

The idea of the future is... Really scary, there are so many things that I still don't know, so many questions that I don't have answered... I'm terrified of what the future could look like, if something happens and I have to lose or give up everything that I am and everything that I have now... I mean, I don't know why that would happen or if it will, but I can't pretend that this life that I have right now can just go on forever like nothing ever happened to me in my past... I guess, if anything, I would want my future to have answered just one question. Why?
Why did what happen to me happen the way that it did? I just have to know if there was a reason, or if it was just... An accident? Even if I don't get any other answers, even if I never figure out who I was and who I'm supposed to be... I think I could settle in my future if I just knew... Why?

So, um... I guess, thanks for reading this, Father Winter. I probably shouldn't be putting all of this on paper like this, but, I'm still not really sure why I keep any of this a secret? I just feel so afraid of all of the uncertainties and unanswered questions... But it's not your job to solve all of this for me. Just, maybe spread a little bit of extra hope and faith over my place if you visit? I really want to try to hope that things can work out...

Thanks again,
 [break][break][break][break][break][break]
8947 Cascades Ave
214 Unit A
Petalburg City

Cross word below:
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,754 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2023 1:26:39 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","promisenotebook"][attr="class","rosiepen"]
FATHER WINTER THE 2ND[break]
NORTH POLE H0H 0H0[break]
HOENN[break][break]

Dear Father Winter,[break][break]

Hope you're enjoying the winter holidays so far? You (whoever you may be) really are doing this again, huh? For all the new people that don't quite know what this means, you're really a Lycanroc in Mareep's clothing. And you know very well that people who have gone through it will reply again, because curiosity is what will kill this region eventually. So... here we go![break][break]

I think for this year, I'd like the same as I wished for last year. I wanna be able to spend the winter holidays with everyone I like, no matter where they are or what they're doing. And for no one to be lonely during this special time! I hope that everyone can be here in person, and no illusions or alternate dimensional shenanigans.[break][break]

I know that you're asking about what I'd wanna change in my past, it would be that fact that I hurt that day. I fought her, I tried to kill her, and I said things I shouldn't have said, even though somewhere deep down, I must've understood that it wouldn't sit well with her.[break][break]

But if I've learnt anything from the last Father Winter, it's that the past can't really be changed. I'm not too sure about Celebi but you don't wield Dialga anymore after we set them free either. I think I saw a term for it. Canon events? Fixed moments in time that will happen in every dimension? But that doesn't explain why the other world I was sent to, my parents were still alive but Reiner was dead. Does that mean that either must die? Or does that mean that we have both yet to experience the other canon event?[break][break]

If it's the latter, I would like to tell you now that I will do everything in my power to stop you. I agree that causing a paradox is bad, but I won't ever let you take him from me.[break][break]

At present, I think the thing I want to change the most is myself. The people around me care for me and they're all so kind and nice. I want to be able to trust them. I want to be stronger so that I can stop them from being bad, or from having to leave me because they're scared that I'll get hurt. I want to be braver, and be able to tell myself that I don't regret my choices.[break][break]

As for my future, I don't actually know. Maybe I'll still want to adventure around the world to explore all kinds of places and documents all kinds of ruins and legends. Maybe I'll be tired out from all the wild things that happen in Hoenn that I just want time to rest in a place I can call home. All I know is that no matter what I choose to do, I'd want to have a whole bunch of very special by my side: Like , , , , , ? There's a lot, lots more names that I don't think I can fit onto this letter, but they're all equally important to me.[break][break]

If you do end up visiting, know that I'll leave moomoo milk and lava cookies on the table. Like last year, I'd really want to know what you want, since you're always asking people what they want for Wintertide and all. If it's something that I can do or get you, I'll try my best to make it happen![break][break]

Hoping for your happiness with lots of wishes and love,[break]
Eris Rosmontis Halla[break][break]

〒 156-1410[break]
31-4 Nepeta Ave[break]
Ever Grande City, Hoenn

[break][break]

[googlefont=Yellowtail][googlefont=Nanum+Pen+Script]
[newclass=.promisenotebook] width:450px; background:#242424; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: round; border-radius: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rosiepen]font-family:nanum pen script; text-align:justify; font-size:14px; padding:25px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
178 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2023 8:20:40 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

So it's time to write another letter to Father Winter again, huh?

Well, this year I have a bunch of stuff I wanna do at least. TO start things off, I think I want to really work on myself. I've been so jealous of since we first became friends. I know she's got some family problems being psychics and she lacks the ability, but I've always admired how approachable and nice she is. I've wanted to work on that a lot and really pushed myself to step out of the inside of a computer lab in a while.

In the future, I really want to be somebody who can stand up to people and do good. Somebody like , who can build a cool sanctuary for dragons, or any of the Rangers that I work for. I hear is wild and crazy, and I want to have cool adventures like her and really go loose! It's hard to really pick just one thing to be. I guess I just really want to be somebody important to somebody else.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
There are more things in heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy
awards
533 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2023 14:31:55 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]
[attr="class","nenet1body"]

FATHER WINTER THE 2ND[break]
NORTH POLE H0H 0H0[break]
HOENN[break]
[break][break]
Father Winter,[break]
[break][break]
At the moment I'm sitting comfortably in my apartment with a Lycanroc keeping my feet warm. In place of a hearth the television is glowing with some sort of documentary that's gone to commercial. It seems a Celebi is advertising lawn care services while some company's Dialga logo is for.. a bank? That one was less clear.
[break][break]
It feels strange to write an associate of the DRK TRIAD. I'm fairly certain you want us all dead yet you've asked what we would like for Wintertide. But every good paradox must have a beginning, middle, and end, so let's start at the beginning.
[break][break]
What would I like for Wintertide? Knowledge. Knowledge of the origins of life; of METENO 99943; of the DRK TRIAD; of Necrozma and the Ultra Beasts. One could easily construe my request as excessive, but when compared to the knowledge that exists in this universe and beyond it really is little more than a drop in the bucket.
[break][break]
I have very little in my past I would want to change, much less seriously consider. Changing the past would change the now, and the future, and I hardly know how those will play out until the moment is there. How much would I have missed out on by changing one miniscule detail of my life? What if I'd followed my father's desire and continued on as a ballerina? Would have I have come to Hoenn? Met those I've met? Would I be happy? I'm currently happy now, and I wouldn't change that.
[break][break]
Though I would like to make Director of the Observatory some day.
[break][break]
I think I've told you enough about me without much in return. If you would like to write my address is enclosed below, or perhaps you'd rather have my email?
[break][break]
Don't be a stranger.
[break][break]
Neffatari Nzingha[break]
nenet.nzingha@mossdeep.edu[break]
P.O. BOX 800[break]
MOSSDEEP CITY[break]
HOENN[break]

[attr="class","nenet1pkmn"]

[attr="class","nenet1credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".nenet1"]--accent:#EDE574;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,383 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2023 20:21:35 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
crossword:

father winter the 2nd
north pole h0h 0h0
hoenn

hello father winter the 2nd,

was there a backup saved? digital clone? i’ve noticed the drk triad glitching before.

i’ve done your crossword already. one of these pokemon is not like the others. what is the significance of lycanroc, or is it the ‘wolf’ part that’s important?

i would ask you so many more questions if i trusted you would be honest with me. instead i’ll ask you for something tangible.

what do i want for wintertide?

i want a lunar feather. team rocket was trying to procure one for me while i was head scientist, but i doubt that search is still active and i’d rather not ask about it now.

what do i want to change in my past?

after meeting dialga once, i wanted to time travel, but the fabric of time seems damaged enough. i’ll leave any alterations to the gods. do you have a celebi now?

what do i want to change in my present?

my lack of a lunar feather.

what do i want my future to be like?

i want the world around me to keep existing without having to worry about an apocalypse. i want the paradox pokemon to return to their realm and the interdream zone to close before it overtakes our reality, as i believe it will. but you can’t do that for me, can you?

i guess that's all then.

see you soon.

- saoirse quinn (the revenant)

p.s. i live on a small islet on the coast of sootopolis. the return address is my mainland laboratory, because it’s easier to find. feel free to meet me at my home if you already know where i live.

119 everstone dr.
sootopolis city
hoenn

( ooc: pls answer this one! it's my only letter but noting here jic )
close tab

played by

Pilo

Melly
she/her
July 9
Lilycove
Straight
Idol
Elite 4
Navy
Dating
5'6 height
5'6 height
hoenn
awards
3,232 posts
Melody Miro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @melody
Melody Miro
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2023 3:21:56 GMT
Melody Miro Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","Melodypog3"]
[attr="class","Melodypog3-big-img"]

[attr="class","Melodypog3-1"]
[attr="class","Melodypog3-title"]
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN

[attr="class","Melodypog3-tagged"]
@father winter

[attr="class","Melodypog3-subtitle"]
If it’s war that you want then you got it. If it’s pain well I brought what you need.

[attr="class","Melodypog3-pkmn"]

[attr="class","Melodypog3-post"]

[attr="class","Melodypog3-icon"]

Hello Father Winter (?)[break][break]

I'm pretty ok at puzzles so I'll give you the answers that helped me get. [break][break]

Lycanroc, Paradox, Celebi, Dialga.[break][break]

WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR WINTERTIDE?[break]
I want to find out what's going on in the Mechanical kingdom. I want to find a way to save from the primal intoxication that's making him lose his mind [break][break]

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO CHANGE IN YOUR PAST?[break]
I'm not sure, if I change something I can't be sure I'd be the same person I am now. Maybe being able to go back and witness certain events I cant remember? Like the trade deal for my life?[break][break]

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO CHANGE IN YOUR PRESENT?[break]
I want 's pokemon to come back to life that died in fighting . None of them deserved that[break][break]

WHAT DO YOU WANT YOUR FUTURE TO BE LIKE?[break]
I want my future to be bright.[break][break]

[attr="class","Melodypog3-bot-1"]

notes about this post

Notes go here
[attr="class","Melodypog3-bot"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.Melodypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Melodypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Melodypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Melodypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Melodypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#3C49D0;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Melodypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Melodypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Melodypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Melodypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Melodypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#3C49D0!important; }.Melodypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Melodypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Melodypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Melodypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Melodypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Melodypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Melodypog3-post i { color:#72b4ff; }.Melodypog3-post b { color:#3C49D0;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Melodypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Melodypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Melodypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#3C49D0;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#3C49D0!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
297 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2023 5:17:30 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
June Sleigh

Apt. 65

106 Electric Avenue

New Mauville, Hoenn, 12345

Dear 'Father Winter',

You better not be some scam artist trying to get my information.

1. I want a lot of money. Or the Game Corner people to get off my back about payments. Either or, pick your favorite.

2. I assume you can't actually change the past, but if you could make my dad not dead you could do literally nothing else and I'd be cool.

3. I would want to have someone with me during the holiday death march. I don't expect this to happen either, though.

4. See #1.

If you actually are real, then know that this letter is not passive aggressive; it's all in your head. Thanks!

FATHER WINTER THE 2ND

NORTH POLE H0H 0H0

HOENN
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2023 7:44:27 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gravesreport"]

LETTER TO FATHER WINTER

Submitted by COUNCILWOMAN to the desks of FATHER WINTER on 29 NOVEMBER 2023.
[break][break]

I must admit, when first approached me about writing a letter to you, I was a bit skeptical. After everything, it's hardly a given for any wish to be granted, much less my own. And there are also Mt Pyre to consider.

But I've decided take this as a moment of reprieve. Shed light on some reflections, and actually spend the night feeling hopeful for once. [break][break]

WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR WINTERTIDE?

[break]

There's many things I could wish for. Ideally, I'd want peace for the region. I'd want rocket to be gone, and for Sootopolis to return to us. I'd want to be able focus more why I join league in the first place, rather than putting out fires left and right. But those are things nearly impossible to grant. As powerful as you may or may not be, there are limitations to what you can offer - otherwise, two years ago would've been a more tumultuous time for us.
[break][break]
So, just to see, I'd like to ask you for something more tangible. Pieces of the red orb, or all of it if that's possible. While it might not automatically bring about peace, it would certainly lend a hand to a personal issue of mine. Prevent certain others from furthering the mess they've made. [break][break]

[break]

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO CHANGE IN YOUR PAST?

[break]

Between us, I would wish to have tried a little harder. I've never doubted my path before, but sometimes I wonder what those years would've been like if I've followed him and brought him back home. Would I be happier? Would he?[break][break]

[break]

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO CHANGE IN YOUR PRESENT?

[break]

I would want to better understand Chi-yu and this forged bond I've found myself in. He speaks no words to me, and while sometimes emotions trickle through, it's like making out a single voice in a hurricane. If I could discern more, understand more, maybe I would find a way to better control what I've been given. Maybe I could possibly discover more from it? I often wonder to what extent do these powers go. But I also fear the answer to that very question.[break][break]

[break]

WHAT DO YOU WANT YOUR FUTURE TO BE LIKE?

[break]

I'd want to ensure my sacrifices will be worth it. That this all wasn't for nothing. That I'm fulfilling them promises I've made. And I'd want to ensure that I have the power to do so.

[break][break]

As for your riddle...
[break][break]

ATTACHMENTS

[break]

📎 riddle_crossword[break][break]

From[break]
LEAGUE HQ, Room 8017[break]
Evergrade City,[break]
Hoenn

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gravesreport]--accent:#D8AD43;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gravesreport]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gravesreport b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gravesreport a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gravesreport u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gravesreport h1"]font:24px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gravesreport h2"]font:20px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gravesreport h3"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gravesreport li"]padding-bottom:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gravesreport .credit a"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2023 15:09:12 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

FATHER WINTER II
NORTH POLE H0H 0H0
HOENN

I want to beat you senseless, you wannabe santa lookin' dick.

I would castrate you with a spoon if given the chance and feed your pecker to the military's Lycanrocs for a dime.

I swear, on Capital G-od, that neither Celebi nor Dialga can save you. Be it the past, present or future, there's nothing you can give me that will prevent me from beating your moral compass into proper shape.

The next time I see you, I'll bust a can of ass whooping so hard on you and your french kalosian boyfriend, the rest of your alternate selves will feel it across the multiverse.

That's right, I'll create an asswhooping paradox on your sorry, flabby pancake. I'll fix your personality across dimensions— you're welcome.

Eat shit and choke, but don't you dare die, nor think it'll help you escape from me.

Also bring and their gifts, thanks.

Love, ❤

JOHN D. SULLIVAN,
MEDIC
69420 EAT DICKS
MAUVILLE, HOENN

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2023 15:25:03 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar

SEASONS GREETINGS, FATHER WINTER...

People always seem to be asking you for things. And some even get them. I know this because I've asked around. Last time I was mistaken on the crossword, and you never truly responded like with some. Seems it was a grave mistake. Fortunately for me, I was able to figure it out eventually. You'd probably have a laugh at some of my mistakes.

To be quite honest, I still wonder if meeting you then would have changed things. For better or worse, I could not say. But the prospect has crossed my mind every winter since.

But I still think, if I could change anything about the past, it would be a meeting I had with a bunch of ranking members of the league. The way they so quickly dismissed the issue, looking forward to some kind of reward as the only merits to helping me on my mission...

I guess that's why so many people like you. For offering us what others cannnot.

So, again, they never took this threat seriously like I did. Maybe you will?

I've run into complications trying to solve the Dynamax phenomenon. It was one of the few things that saved us all some time ago... No, a lifetime ago. T'was one of the only good things that came of that time as well. For me, anyway. But I just... I just can't remember. It's driving me mad.

Something like that could save us from the threat I speak of. The Titans. Regirock, Registeel and... Maybe you're already familiar with them, and perhaps you are not.

Either way, if it were possible, I would like to punch that ticket in once more. To fix the odds in our favor. Because, like I expected, one of them has shown up again...

It's hard not to fear for the worst when they're running amuck. Desperate measures are sure to follow. Personally, I would like a future where we can fight our enemies without the risk of our pokemon blowing up. I was pretty shocked when I first witnessed that part. While I know what to expect next time, equal footing will never not be desirable.

Sincerely,

Derek Hoffman

P.O. BOX 1794
PETALBURG CITY

close tab

played by

Ceej

Kep
He/him
March 03
Alamos, Sinnoh
Homosexual
boy genius
Associate Scientist
nature, nuture
heaven and home
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
sum of all and by them driven
awards
493 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kepler
kepler brueshaber
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2023 16:25:20 GMT
kepler brueshaber Avatar

FATHER WINTER THE 2ND
NORTH POLE H0H 0H0
HOENN

To whom it may concern,

I’m not addressing this correspondence as dear Father Winter because I don’t really believe you entirely exist. While I dabble in theoretical physics and calculations, I wholeheartedly believe in the capitalist conglomerate, and the statistical likelihood of you just being a single person (and not an entire company) is incredibly slim.

Also, you died. So there’s that.

You will see attached a copy of the crossword puzzle you wanted us to fill out. I’m going to pretend that’s all it was, a silly little crossword puzzle for silly little funtime games, like when we used to solve riddles to get toys off the back of cereal boxes as kids. Well, some kids. My parents never let me have cereal. Or have fun times.

This entire endeavor could be considered a conceptual ‘fun time’, because the idea of me, a practiced and vouched scientist, writing to a fictional figurehead of an erstwhile pagan religion thoroughly masticated and spat back up by the economic powers that be, is entirely laughable. But you know what they say about desperate times and the measures that stem from them.

There are a lot of things I want for Wintertide. I want my ex-fiance to not be a traitor. I would love for him to stop getting hurt. I want to stop the world from ending. I want to save the universes.

But, perhaps most simply, I want to see my stupid bird.

It’s hard to put into words the relationship I had with Chocobo, back in that doomed Galarian dream. If you’ve not been chronically ill and disabled your entire life, you don’t really understand the kind of freedom that comes with overcoming it. But not only did he make me strong, he made me feel wanted-- needed-- for the first time, ever. And tries, he does, but then he goes off and does dumb shit and gets fucking murdered anyway and it’s all outside of my control. So it still hurts.

But Chocobo wouldn’t do any of that to me. And so I would like to see him, again. I don’t want to be an avatar or anything of that height of audacity… but I just want him (them? it?) to be okay. To not be used and churned out by either Rocket or the League, to not be weaponized in this stupid, ceaseless war. I don’t want him to be tamed, I want him to be unruly and free.

Asking people what they’d want to change in their past is perhaps the stupidest thing you could have done. I hope you’re ready to be inundated with boo-hoo sob stories about people asking to redirect paths entirely under their choice of control. Here’s another one: I wouldn’t have gone to the meteor, and stood there and done absolutely nothing. I would have gone with to Mt. Pyre and stopped… whatever happened there. I would have been there for him. I would have cut out this strange codependency with disaster at the root.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda. If wishes were fishes, there’d be no room in the world for water.

Besides, my ex-fiance is a traitor to the cause, and I don’t associate with him anymore. [What follows is a long-winded tirade of disclaimers thoroughly disassociating Kepler from Ashley. You get the sense this has been practiced and repeated many, many times.]

As for what I would change about the present, I would simply want to put myself in a position to utilize Rocket’s exceptional resources for the sciences better. As previously stated, I would like to save the world. Assisting in her research, like I've been doing, seems like the best way to get where I want to go in the org. She might be slightly crazy (who isn't, nowadays) but if she has delusions of grandeur spurring her to bigger and brighter scientific horizons, more power to her, and I'll follow along behind, gleaning what I can, stealing what I can't.

Someone has to do it, and it doesn’t look like very many people are trying. It might as well be me, huh?

Besides, I more or less owe my life. Probably have offed myself by this point if I'd stayed in Sinnoh. Weird how the world works, huh?

And finally, on the topic of deciding the future, I want to save the fucking world. Not out of any heroic sense or requirement of duty, but because, for the first time in my entire, shitty life… I don’t want to die. I don’t want to lose this. I don’t want to lose what I have. It’s not perfect, but it’s real. Living in that Galarian dream… made me see that happiness is possible. It eventually gets mucked up, but it’s worth it while it lasts.

This is another thing you don’t understand unless you’ve lived your entire life under the shadow of affliction. I’ve spent every day feeling like a parasite in my own, broken body; if it isn’t my heart, it’s my brain; if it isn’t my brain, it’s my circulatory system. Or my lungs. Or my own fucking biology, fighting, fighting, fighting. Like somewhere along the line, whatever twist of fate decreed that I should operate this broken, busted chassis wedged a space in here and I slithered in, an unwanted pilot in a rusted-down mech that everyone expects to give out and shunt away sooner rather than later.

Having those brief, beautiful moments where I don’t just live, I belong... they’re addicting. I need more of them. And for that to happen, you see, I need life to continue existing.

It’s entirely selfish. Not being the ultimate demise of billions, if not trillions, of other sentient lifeforms is also important, but as we’ve ascertained, I don’t really care about them. I care about me.

So, anyway. Thank you for your time, whatever nameless entity is forced to read this; or hello to the garbage can this gets tossed into as you copy down the return address for your holiday coupon book scam. I don’t want any magazines, thanks.

Yours,

Kepler Brueshaber.

Crossword

KEPLER BRUESHABER
METRO SANCTUARY, APARTMENT 3102, SLATEPORT CITY
HOENN

close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
705 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2023 17:09:22 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
FATHER WINTER THE 2ND
NORTH POLE H0H 0H0
HOENN

Dear Father Winter,

I don't know what good writing this letter will do. I'd never even heard of you until seeing that flyer for the first time. I'm not really one to believe in such things like wishes or miracles. But hey, why not give this a shot. If any of this somehow ends up becoming true, then I guess I'll owe you big time.

What do I want for Wintertide? The means to protect those I care about. I thought about this for a very long time, while it would be easy to wish for something like the power to beat any obstacle that came my way, that would be too easy. That's something that will come naturally over time and shouldn't be rushed. But... time and time again have I lost Pokemon dear to me. The horrors I witnessed on that island is something I never want to experience again. I just want something here and now to make sure that never happens again.

What do I want to change in my past? I would've attempted harder to make friends in my childhood. Growing up alone in Dewford with no friends, no family, it's something I wouldn't wish upon my greatest enemy. No one to vent my frustrations to. No one to walk with. No one to sit under a moonlit sky and just... talk. And even now, on my travels I feel the same way sometimes. I'm glad to have met such wonderful people like . Without him, I probably would never have opened up as much and kept my old ways.

What do I want to change in my present? To be honest... I don't really know. I guess I'd like to be more involved with the bigger battles the League seem to be dealing with. It feels like there are much larger forces in play that I've yet to encounter, but over time I'll face them. When the time comes, I just hope I have the strength to succeed and live to tell the tale.

What do I want for the future? Peace. A world where Pokemon battling is just for fun, not because your life depends on it. Where Rocket doesn't exist and people don't have to fear the absolute worst just by going outside. No extradimensional beings that play with us like we were toys. Sure, in a world like that there'd still be trouble here and there, but I'd much rather deal with that than what everyone's had to struggle with recently.

So there you have it, this letter might never even get to you, but I'm still glad I wrote it. It's nice to put my thoughts into words, it gave me the time I needed to reflect upon myself and what I really wanted. And if you really are reading this Father Winter. Don't help me. There are many more unfortunate people out there who are more deserving of help than me. I can manage on my own, I'm not the weak boy that I once was. I have people that depend on me and that I depend on, and I'm not about to let them down.

Route 101, just outside of Oldale, HOENN

close tab

played by

inmediasres

vic
he/him
thirty-two
november 7th
lavender town
bisexual
freelance author
civilian
i follow you into the dark
awards
104 posts
Victor Haas DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @victorh
Victor Haas
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2023 17:16:47 GMT
Victor Haas Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","diarywrap"]

[attr="class","diaryhf"]

TO: FATHER WINTER THE 2ND

NORTH POLE H0H-0H0[break]
HOENN

[attr="class","diaryentry"]

Dear Father Winter, [break][break]

I don't normally do this kind of thing. I'm not sure if this is a corporate promotional thing or some kind of public interest survey, but for the sake of transparency, I'm just hoping to get some free stuff out of this. [break][break]
What do I want for Wintertide? A new pair of shoes; something that can handle a lot of wear and tear, size 10. [break]
What do I want to change in my past? I wish I could have been better and stronger when I was younger. But hey, don't we all?[break]
What do I want to change in the present? I want to feel safe; Hoenn is a dangerous place to be in. [break]
What do I want for my future? That's a tough one. I don't really have a particularly specific idea of what that looks like, but it feels like something secure and grounded. [break][break]

I want to say 'thanks' to whoever the intern or employee is that's reading this. I'm sure you're getting a lot of letters, but I hope you have a good holiday season. [break][break]

Sincerely, [break]
Victor Haas [break][break]

P.S. I get that Bug-type Pokemon aren't the most popular, but calling one an “abomination” is a bit much. [break][break]

[Crossword answers]

[attr="class","diaryhf"]

PO BOX 1737[break]
SLATEPORT CITY, HOENN

[newclass=.diarywrap]width:520px;font-family:poppins;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]

[newclass=.diarywrap div.quote_body]margin: 15px 0px!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.diaryhf]text-align:right;[/newclass]

[newclass=.diaryentry]line-height:17.5px!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.diaryentry b]letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
Fox tails hidden under wedding dresses
awards
575 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2023 18:49:56 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
Dear Father Winter,
Having lived in Hoenn for almost a year now, it feels like I've had a number of adventures - perhaps an absurd number, more than the rest of my life before settling here. Danger seems to rise on a repeating timer - and though I often find myself worrying over what's next... At the same time, living here has given me opportunities I've never had before.

I have friends. I have a job. [It appears they had attempted to write something about their thoughts about the job - perhaps about the danger inherent to it - but it is erased beyond legibility, on top of the subsequent writing overlapping it.] I have a home. I can provide for my pokemon. And people think of me as something more than a street rat, even if I find myself overwhelmed by the expectations and praise directed towards me sometimes. It's surreal, at times, to really think about it all.

Perhaps in my past, I'd love to have had more stability. That my mother never got sick, that our family accepted us. I don't know where I'd be if that happened. Probably not in Hoenn, unless I decided I wanted to adventure when I got older. But I certainly wouldn't have gone through quite as much hardship. Probably would've made better decisions, too.

But in the present and for the future, I suppose... They'd both be a bit hand-in-hand, and tie into what I'd like for Wintertide. I want to be more confident. I want to be the person that my friends believe me to be - with all of that competence and intelligence they seem to see in me. I want to be stronger, for those I care about. Maybe it'd open more doors for me - choices to better my life, and the life of my pokemon.

If things calmed down here in Hoenn, it'd certainly be nice. It feels like a big ask for the future, given this is Hoenn we're talking about. But a few months - minimum - of peace to breathe would definitely be nice.

But otherwise... I think for Wintertide, I'd like a strong pokemon. Either from making one of my own pokemon stronger, or being able to befriend a new pokemon. It feels so self-centered or greedy to put it that way, but... I want to be able to protect myself. I want to be able to protect my pokemon. And I want to be able to protect those close to me. That security would be nice, and give me more peace of mind, I feel. Just knowing that I can let my guard down a little more, when I go out the front door.

Even if that's not possible though... I think just, having someone to talk to, about all of this, has been nice. I'm not sure if anything will come of this letter, but thank you for listening.

Happy Holidays,

Makoto Kurumi

Crossword cause I couldn't think of a natural way to fit words in amidst my stream-of-consciousness writing:
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2023 20:57:48 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
He’s already at a point beyond emotionally caring, when he finds out about this insanity that came sweeping through the region once more.

Having heard of rumors about strange Delibird-like creatures just. Attempting to go berserk and ruin holiday shopping, he’s tempted to throw the letter in the trash, for what it was worth.

Who even believed in this?

Either way…

(An entire mess of Italian Alto Marean chicken shit is scratched, before he belatedly realized that it’s not possible for the other to know his language. So, the following can be read in the Common language.)

1. I want answers. answers as to why they haven’t gotten back to me yet. what’s it going to take for them to answer? my blood, spilled on the coldest ice to appease their long-standing grudge and rage?

2. if there was one thing I would change in the past, it would be the fact that (scribbled Italian Alto Marean discourse followed, before being hastily crossed out) I didn’t have to pull the plug. that shit still bothers me, even today.

3. what do I want to change in the present? Boy that’s a tough one. but… honestly, I’d maybe, just maybe, if on the off-chance, wonder what it’s like to be the avatar of Moltres? Haha, but I don’t know…

4. my future is already fine, thanks. I’m pretty much set. I’m beyond the point of caring… (but there is something heavily crossed out, that has the word ‘Ollie—’ angrily blurred out) …yeah.

As for the return address, he just put:

PO BOX 1247
Verdanturf Town, Hoenn

(Attached to a second, smaller sheet of paper is the answers to the crossword because he has no time to be fancy about this anymore.)

1. paradox
2. lycanroc
3. celebi
4. dialga