thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
LETTERS TO FATHER WINTER THE 2ND
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2023 19:35:06 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

I want what I always want. Power.[break][break]

I want Hoenn to thrive under Rocket's reign. I want the League to crumble. I want to rule.[break][break]

If I could change the past, as Celebi is rumoured to? I would not send my Crobat to her death. I would not let my brother be lost to the League. But I would not change a thing that has happened to me. I sought Dialga's blessing, once, yet gained the favour of one I did not expect. She has only made me stronger.[break][break]

I think this answers well enough what I want for the present, and my future. My Lycanroc was changed in dreams. Is your Triad behind it? I possess a similar power, yet I find myself wanting more. More strength. More power. There will never be enough.[break][break]

You tried to kill me, last we met. I wouldn't try it again. I may well be an abomination like the Paradox Pokémon you hunt, but I am no easy prey.[break][break]

Boldly, he includes his real address.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"][break]
112 EAST BAYSIDE[break]
SOOTOPOLIS CITY

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
CROSSWORD[break]
reckless idiot strikes again

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

VAPES

Prince of Darkness, DJ Sorrow.
he him
NOVEMBER THIRD
spikemuth, galar
questioning
MUSICIAN
civilian
lol
don't even try it
5'7/170cm height
5'7/170cm height
I Live I Die I Live Againnn Im Coming With My Army Of Skeletonsssss
awards
176 posts
dylan sayer DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dylan
dylan sayer
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2023 0:42:56 GMT
dylan sayer Avatar
Dear Father Winter,[break][break]

I hope this letter finds you well. I'm much more of a Halloween-head myself, but getting to celebrate Wintertide with friends and family is something nobody should miss out on.[break]

What do I want for Wintertide? I'm tired of being left behind by my peers. Left in the dust. Abandoned, while everyone does all the real fighting, the wars and the uphill battles against nature. I only wish for the strength to protect everyone, even if it kills me to use it.[break]

What do I want to change in my past? I regret not coming to Hoenn sooner. I was stuck in an ugly little exurb of a larger Galarian city. Everyone says they wish they started what they were doing earlier, and it feels like I only really started today.[break]

What do I want to change in my present? I'm so conflicted, and lonely. I have gotten everything I wanted save for what I wished to you for, but I still can't find my place in the world.[break]

What do I want for my future? I want to dm me back. I think he's hot.[break]

I know you will be receiving thousands of letters, but I hope that mine finds it way into your hands. This isn't the first Wintertide I've spent by myself, and hopefully next year goes over better.[break]

Enclosed is his mailing address, Mauville, and zip-code. [break]

Sincerely, [break]

Dylan Sayer [break][break]

close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
299 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vanillakingsley
Vanilla Kingsley
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2023 1:23:34 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar

Vanilla here! Sorry for not writing you last year. I had just left home and I barely had a moment to really get in contact with you. This year, though, you're all mine! [break]

What do I want for Wintertide? I was thinking it over about what I've wanted the most, but I really can't think of anything. Ever since I left home, I've met so many wonderful people, ad such cool adventures and even started changed my dreams to become a trainer. That's why I want to ask you for something really important. I wanna ask that you help other people instead of me. [break]

There's this guy, . He saved me from Rocket this year and took me under his wing. He acts all cool and I wanna be like him, but I can tell something's eating at him. I don't know what he thinks of me, I've never been good at that, but I want him to find some peace for a change. He needs a break and deserves it. Maybe something like a vacation to Alola? Or someplace where he doesn't have to run around all the time.

Next, there's another League official I met named . He was my first gym leader I fought against and taught me about how life works out of the League. I told him about the nightmares and troubles I have with other kids. He's nice and just like Thomas, I know he could use an extra wish or two. His deputy, , could also use it! I've met her once and she's nice.

Even ! She's a royal of Galar and definitely could use some help. I don't know with what, though. Maybe you know since you can see everything! She's probably got too much work to do, or wants to work on something.

I don't know much about her, but Thomas also introduced me to . She's a musician in Hoenn and really cool. Pink hair and everything! She was said when we got home from the Swamp thing (you probably already know) but I was hoping you could help let her know that she's brave. It takes a lot to be a singer like her. It would be cool to sing with her one day, even if I barely know how. Maybe next Chrismas, I'll want to be a musician.

Lastly, I'd really want you to let my Dad know that I'm okay. I'm still searching for him and never giving up, but I bet he misses me a lot. Can you maybe tell him that we're all okay back home? One day I'll find him, and then I can go back home.

What do I want to change in my past? If I could redo my past, I'd want to be braver than I was before I left home. I remember using Proxii a lot because I was scared of meeting new people, but now it feels so strange. I can walk and talk for myself that I barely use him anymore. I hope he understands. [break]

What do I want to change in my present? For one, I would want out of this cast. My leg itches like hell and I can't ever scratch it that it's driving me crazy. Other than that, I wanna meet more people and learn a lot more. There's a ton of Pokemon out there that Proxii wants to catalogue and I'm gunna help him see it all. [break]

What do I want for my future? I wish I knew. Hoenn moves so fast it's like every week that I get distracted from knowing what i want to do. I know I love battling and I want to be a Pokémon Master, but is that what I'm made for? I want to help people in need like Dad does. Be somebody that isn't afraid of helping others, but what if I want to be a streamer, a musician or even a chef again? I wish I could make up my mind. [break]

Anyway, thanks for letting me ramble. I don't have a permanent address anymore, being camping most nights, but I'll still leave cookies out for you. Could you send me a Snorlax next year though? I think they're cute and perfect to nap on.[break]

Sincerely, [break]

Vanilla Kingsley [break][break]

close tab

played by

howitzer

sky, finn charbonneau
he/him
february 18
virbank city, unova
demisexual
writer
associate
disguised smoke and mirrors tuning the inner eye, the link the infinite lies within the dreamscape
awards
70 posts
part of
TAG WITH @schuyler
schuyler tate
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2023 1:26:28 GMT
schuyler tate Avatar

FATHER WINTER THE 2ND
NORTH POLE H0H 0H0
HOENN

Father Winter the 2nd,

Seems funny writing to a holiday figure at my age. I'm not really sure where to go with this, so please bear with me -- it's my first time.

I guess I'll start it off with any normal, casual letter: how are you? I know the holidays can be a stressful time for plenty of folks, and being the mascot of Wintertide can be relentless, I'm sure.

I'm doing well. My acclimation to this region has been a challenge, but not as difficult of one as I thought it to be. It's no Unova, but there's something of intrigue at every corner, that's for sure.

What do I want for Wintertide? That's a rather juvenile question. Growing up, my family didn't really celebrate it. Sure, we did the festivities of hosting dinner parties, but we never did the gift thing. I don't even know the first thing to ask for, really. I suppose a refurbished or new typewriter would be nice. It's an obsolete request, but it would be nice to try and type a manuscript on something a bit old-fashioned. And though this one is a bit more complex, I do wish to find purpose in this region. For now, I am but an outsider, but one day I might feel something for this region and its people that others do.

As for what I want to change with my past, there's not much that comes to mind. The past is just that: the past. It's just a page we've read over and no matter how many times we go back and try to reread it, nothing will change. So no, while I'm not satisfied with the hand I was dealt, it's a hand I'm forced to take, and there's nothing that can be changed about it. Time is absolute to the mortal coil, and the sooner others can realize that, the happier they'll be.

Though what I want to change with my present is a more feasible question. I've been given the opportunity to do something with myself while I'm here, to be of service. Overall, I'm happy with my present state and I'll do what I can to keep working towards a better self.

Though naturally the future always beckons us. Maybe that's where my wish for purpose comes in. I want to prove that I am a worthwhile asset to people who can bring themselves to see some form of potential within me. I want to prove that they saw right, but more importantly, I want to climb the ranks and become someone worthwhile. Someone who can be trusted.

This letter helped me gain a better insight of myself and what I want for myself. For that, I thank you. I imagine my answers to the other questions weren't what you were looking for, and I apologize for that, but I hope the childlike whimsy that comes with the first answer can atone for that.

A Pleasant Wintertide To You,
Schuyler Tate

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,339 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2023 1:53:31 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest8"]
[attr="class","body"]

Dear Father Winter,[break]
North Pole HOH OHO[break]
Hoenn[break][break]

It is good to hear from you; for a moment there, it seemed as if you were no longer with us, though I have long suspected that you would return to Hoenn.[break][break]
It is something of a PARADOX, is it not? To have been a witness to your very definitive death, and yet also know that you would most certainly appear again, as you always seem to. It does cause one to wonder: are you somehow harnessing the power of DIALGA - going backwards in time, in order to alter the course of your own fate? The temporal legendary has been missing ever since the meteor nearly destroyed us.[break][break]
That being said, there are other means of manipulating various timelines. CELEBI, for example, could be aiding you. There were rumors of its death, but we both know there are many versions of each legendary Pokemon, given the multiplicity of universes within our existence. What is death, really, to a time traveling Pokemon?[break][break]
My request for Wintertide is a simple one. I want to talk. If a private venue is required, I can provide one. I want to meet in-person, and I want a chance to ask you some questions that have been plaguing me as of late. I think you can likely guess what they relate to.[break][break]
The desire to change the past is a pointless waste of time, but I will entertain you - for I understand that there is at least some wisdom in giving voice to regret (for if you don't, it almost always festers, eating away at the heart). I would change the fact that my parents died before I could ever truly get to know them. Perhaps there is a version of me in some other universe who had the privilege of knowing their love. I wonder if it ends up making any difference: perhaps they are always destined to die, but in at least some timelines, I get to know them first. Which is the greater tragedy, do you think?[break][break]
The present is a tricky thing, for it is always in a constant state of flux. Every second that passes becomes the past, and every moment not yet experienced is the future. What does it mean to truly exist between those two states? If I could change anything, it would be for all of us - League, Rocket, civilian - to stop wasting our time on conflicts that distract from the real threat we all face. You know the one, surely. Instead of throw our best resources, minds, talents, trainers at the impending apocalypse you and your peers are so keen on facilitating, we howl desperately at the moon like a frenzied LYCANROC, knowing full well it can't hear us.[break][break]
You ask about the future last, as is logical, but surely you already know what I want. I want to save Hoenn - the Origin Point - and all of its people from utter destruction. Can you blame me? The Unown have tasked me with "seeing to the end", and I am not willing to relinquish control over our fates to Arceus, if that's who's truly behind all of this.[break][break]
Meet with me. Let's talk. Better understanding one another is the first step.[break][break]
[break]
Sincerely,[break]
The Visionary[break]
1901 University Drive[break]
Slateport City,[break]
Hoenn
[break][break][break]

LETTER TO FATHER WINTER[break]
NOTESCROSSWORD[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".nomitest8"]--accent:#f798d6;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lucina

She / Her
June 10
Ecruteak City, Johto
Ace / ?-romantic
Boba Cafe Barista
Elite
May you always know pain as temporary and laughter better.
awards
340 posts
part of
TAG WITH @xiura
Xiura Balfaltin
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2023 3:07:32 GMT
Xiura Balfaltin Avatar
Dear Father Winter The Second,

I hope this letter finds you happy and healthy!

For Christmas, I would like a bubble tea cup sealing machine!

If I needed to change something in my past, I would have a happier relationship with my family, as much of a paradox as it sounds. Maybe I wouldn't be here where I am if that were true. I suppose changing the past is as elusive as seeing a Celebi or Dialga, however.

If I could change something in my present, I would be a braver person when it comes to pursuing my goals, like a Lycanroc pursuing its prey.

For my future… I would want my dear friends (especially and ), my Pokemon companions, and me to be happy, safe, and healthy so that we can spend even more time together.

Sincerely,

Xiura Balfaltin
789 Ocean Avenue
Lilycove City

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
awards
714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2023 3:44:47 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
TO:
FATHER WINTER THE 2ND
NORTH POLE H0H 0H0
HOENN

SHRED ZEPPELIN
17 KAINA ROAD APT. 105
SLATEPORT CITY
HOENN

Hello, fucker.

I know you haven't met me, but I've met you. I saw you in the big Arceus computer. Apparently, you're some important bigshot within some kind of Dark Triad? I don't really get it, but apparently, you also do Christmas here. Or I guess you call it "Wintertide" for some reason? Why do you call it that? Are you stupid?

I'll level with you: I hate Christmas. My family could never afford shit like nice gifts or roast Ducklett or anything like that. We couldn't even afford to turn the heating on. Still, I'm a Rocket Beast now, so I guess I have a little more money to spend. Plus, a bunch of my Pokemon won’t shut up about it, so I guess I might as get in the festive season and write to you.

For Wintertide, I would like more Paradox Pokemon, especially the dinosaur ones. I already have two, but I’d like a few more to really bulk out my collection. I know you’re apparently some kind of an extradimensional being, too, so don’t hold out on me. I know you’ve probably got the really good stuff, like Venom Face (Paradox Arbok) and Moon Claw (Paradox Lycanroc) and Old Money (Paradox Ghol DON’T SEND ME MORE GHOLDENGHO. But you get my point. Give me the rare ones.

What would I change in my past? BUDDY, I don’t have enough paper and you don’t have a big enough mailbox for us to get into that. To cut a long story short, the fun was temperar termp temporal short lived and the regret is long lasting. I think I should have just been born luckier. That would have solved most of my problems.

What would I change in my present? I already told you what I wanted in my present, and now you want me to change it?? Alright FINE. I want one of those “””legendary””” Pokemon that all my coworkers are so enamoured with, like the Bastard Snail or the Big Fish or the Dark Crystal Man That Makes Howard Piss Himself. Between you and me? They’re just normal Pokemon but I think it’ll impress some of them, so hey, whatever, right? Just give me a Dialga or a Kyurem or a Zygarde or something.

What do I want my future to be like? I’ve learned not to worry about anything like that. Unless you have a time machine or a Celebi or something, and you can change the future? In which case I want to become Champion of Hoenn and marry the most beautiful woman in the world and become the boss of Team Rocket, in no particular order.

Anyway, make it happen big man. Chop chop.

Yours truly,
Shred Zeppelin.

P.S: My Meltan is proofreading this letter for me and he wants me to ask you to make him strong? That seems like a weird ask but he’s a nifty little guy so could you also do that for me? Thanks.

P.S.S: I solved your crossword, too. Easiest shit of my life.

close tab

played by

Zero

Ad
He/Him
May 21st
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
Pansexual
Private Investigator
Civilian
Open-eyed, burn the page, my little dark age.
awards
202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aidan
Aidan Hereford
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2023 4:14:28 GMT
Aidan Hereford Avatar

FATHER WINTER THE 2ND
NORTH POLE H0H 0H0
HOENN

I hope this letter finds you. I fortunately missed your calling last year, to my great disappointment you found me this year, but I am pleased to be able to write you this Wintertide. I've given great thought to the questions you have posed, and I hand my wishes and dreams for you to do with them what you like.[break]

What do I want for Wintertide? Some time ago I had a glimpse of a better life, a more peaceful life. In that life I made friends with this particular pokemon that I raised, we both grew together with those around us, families and close friends. If I could have anything it would be to meet that pokemon in this universe, my favorite Chocobo.[break]

What do I want to change in my past? This is hard one, my life is filled with regrets. I guess I would have liked to be stronger, not have given up on myself and to have kept making the right choices without losing myself to the darker side of humanity.[break]

What do I want to change in my present? Very much like my past self, I would still like to be stronger, to make choices on my own and to follow my own judgment. The fateful day I stood face to face with a higher power atop Mt. Pyre I realized that I should try to be more and to not give up on my goals, despite how selfish and destructive they may be.[break]

What do I want for my future? To be able to go back to Sinnoh and obliterate those who have wronged me and made the life of so many into a miserable mess. After all that, some peace and a normal life wouldn't be too bad, hanging out with frinds having a drink wouldn't be a bad end.[break]

Sincerely, [break]

Aidan Hereford

103 DON'T COME LOOKING STREET APT #3B
SLATEPORT
[break][break]

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
991 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2023 4:58:45 GMT
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki Avatar
FATHER WINTER THE 2ND
NORTH POLE H0H 0H0
HOENN

Father Winter,

Heard about you. Been thinking a lot about what I'd say to someone like you if I got the chance. There's no way this'll reach you, it's probably a scam or a prank, so I guess I still got time to figure it out. But lemme practice with this.

All I want for Wintertide is coal. Haven't earned anything else. There's only so much you can do to offset the past, and I haven't done enough. People like me don't get what they want anyway.

If I could change the past, Celebi or Dialga willing, I'd go back and do it over. I'd have a fucking spine. I'd stand up against Rocket and their invasion of Kanto. But I ain't some hero, some brave Lycanroc, I'm just a dumb girl. I did some stupid shit, going along with everything, too apathetic and too scared for my life to resist it. But it's the people like them, like you, like me, who make this world a bad place. I don't wanna be the cause of it anymore.

But asking to change the past is asking for a paradox.

The present's the only thing you can affect. Day to day, it's all I can do to keep going, thinking of putting a stop to all this fucked up shit. What would I change in the present? If I was stronger, if I wasn't so scared, then everything would be so much easier. All this waiting around is so painful cause I'm not any of those things. I'd change it with the press of a button if I could. But the only way to do any of that is to act like the kinda person I envision, kicking your ass across multiple universes or whatever the hell is going on there.

And I do.

I don't think I can do anything else other than fight. I had a future, once. I've lived a good place in another life. But I'll never return to the Kanto I grew up in, and I'm never gonna find my way back to Galar where I spent a majority of my life. I've only got one place left, and that's Dewford. And the same God that ate away at that dream world is sleeping under it right now. What do I want my future to be like? I don't wanna lose my home again. Between Kanto, Galar, I don't think I could handle a third time. So if there's any chance of that happening, I'll give up everything I have to stop it. I'll fight, gather all the resources in this world in the next, and kill you if I gotta.

So that makes us enemies, don't it?

I'm gonna protect this place with everything I've got. Any threat to it, I'll put it down. That includes you. If I ever see you, I ain't hesitating to pull the trigger, and that's a promise. It's not personal. I just can't bear to lose anything else.

Til the next time we meet,

881 CAMELLIA WAY
LEAGUE HOUSING PROJECTS
EVERGRANDE CITY
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
A keen mind cuts deeper than even the sharpest sword.
awards
1,019 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2023 18:41:58 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
FATHER WINTER THE 2ND
NORTH POLE H0H 0H0
HOENN

Dear Father Winter,

It seems like such a paradox that you would ask everyone what they want for the holiday season and offer gifts to us, when I have heard stories and rumors of your being part of the DRK Triad. And yet, here I am, writing to answer your questions. What could possibly go wrong with confiding my dearest wishes and deepest desires to someone who's probably a multiversal assassin?

What I want for Wintertide is to meet more of the mythical and Legendary Pokemon, hopefully on friendly terms, rather than in battle. I don't want to catch them, necessarily. Just to learn more about them. Pokemon like Dialga, Cobalion, Entei, the Hero Dogs, the Ruinous Pokemon...there are so many fascinating possibilities that I don't know nearly enough about.

What I want to change in my past, if I had Celebi-like powers of time travel, are all the events that led up to losing my eye. Everything about it—undone, undone, undone. All the friends and allies I've made since then, the knowledge and strength I've gained, the money I've earned and the business I've established, the person I've become—I'd give it all up to not have lost my eye or leave Kalos and my family behind. It wouldn't be easy, but I would.

What I want to change in my present is the whole identity of Rocket. But I know my asking for this is as futile and useless as a Lycanroc howling for the moon. I wish we could be a simple criminal syndicate. A group of renegades, thieves, crooks, and even killers operating outside the boundaries of the League's laws. Not a terrorist organization taking over cities and waging a forever guerrilla war. If I could dethrone Declan Walsh and remake Rocket... But I wouldn't even know where to start.

What I want my future to be like is hard to say. I'd like peace in Hoenn. An end to the unceasing war between Rocket and League. An end to threats from the multiverse, outer space, or other realities. Selfishly, I'd also like to get my hands on more exciting other materials to study, catalogue, and use for crafting! New metals, minerals, crystals, polymers, semi-conductors, ceramics, textiles, even fluids—I love all of them.

Well, there you have it. I'll expect the worst but hope, optimistically and probably childishly, for the best. Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,

3142 LUCIFEROUS BLVD., APT. 248
LILYCOVE CITY, HOENN
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,644 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2023 21:06:50 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","francie-wrap"]
[attr="class","francie-tab2"]

[attr="class","francie-personal"]
FATHER WINTER

[attr="class","francie-awards"]
[attr="class","francie-awards-2"]

the flyer rests under the palm of one hand. there is a pen in her other, scribbling furiously in her looping scrawl over a sheaf of paper. the clock at her desk glares bright blue in the dimly lit room, informing her with every incessant flicker that it is much too late for her to be here. beside her is the crossword puzzle, solved in a few heartbeats.[break][break]

1. paradox, 2. lycanroc, 3. celebi, 4. dialga
[break]

she wonders, idly thumbing the black scale hanging around her neck, how elisabeth is faring.[break][break]

Father Winter the 2nd[break]
North Pole HOH OHO[break]
Hoenn[break][break]

You left me to rot in that horrible place, but I cannot fault you for that. How can I, when I asked you for something and you gave it to me? Though I'm curious - did you know, when you sent me there, that Kyurem would hunt me to the ends of the earth? Did you know that it would fail to kill me? Or were you trying to ensure the death of my other self? I find myself wondering often how many of our actions are orchestrated by agendas outside of our own.[break][break]

I'm rambling. It's late and I've made several drafts already. Whatever the case, you helped free me. I won't go so far as to thank you, but I went in broken, searching for a god and left as my whole self, stripped in totality of Nature's Madness. And after that, I found the love of my life. I had a family again, for a while.[break][break]

That year still torments me, but I would do it all over again if it meant ensuring the happiness found in the aftermath. No, no, there's nothing I would change about the past except, perhaps, that I'd ask my mother who I am and if my dreams are simply dreams.[break][break]

But I tire of asking others to champion my legacy.[break][break]

So why write? You seem a betting man. The league has bested you before and will continue to do so again and again and again. If you'd like to be on the winning side, we should talk. Let us forget the past, meet in the present, and break bread over a shared future.[break][break]

Sincerely,[break][break]

Freya Morningstar[break]
Hotel Ever Grande, Room 514[break]
Hoenn

[attr="class","francie-pkmn"]

[attr="class","francie-num"]

[newclass=.francie-wrap]margin:0 auto;width:420px;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-wrap b]color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-wrap i]color: #cecece;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-wrap u]text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #cecece; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-tab2]border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#2b2b2b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-personal]border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;padding:15px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:top left;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-personal a]font:bold 11px Quattrocento Sans;letter-spacing:1px;padding: 8px 7px 6px 7px;border: solid 1px #232323;background-color: #d49736;color: #232323 !important;border-radius: 5px;margin-right: -5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-awards]background-color:#303030;padding:40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-awards-2]text-align:justify; font: 11.5px poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-awards-2 b]font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-awards-2::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:3px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-awards-2::-webkit-scrollbar]background:transparent;width:6px;border:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-awards-2 img]display:block;padding:4px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-pkmn]position:absolute;height:60px;width:70px;padding:0px 0px 3px 5px;background-color:#d4a53c;border-radius:0px 0px 0px 5px;display:flex;align-items:center;justify-content:center;margin-top: 1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-pkmn img:hover]filter:grayscale(0%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-pkmn img ]height:56px;width:68px;margin: 3px 3px 10px -5px;filter:grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:0.5s;transition:0.5s;-ms-transition:0.5s;-o-transition:0.5s;-moz-transition:0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-num]height: 43px;border-top:solid 1px #232323;padding:10px;display:flex;width:398px;justify-content:flex-end;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:top right;gap:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
chaotic stupid, i'll get used to feeling useless
awards
474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2023 21:48:25 GMT
parker jones Avatar

FATHER WINTER THE 2ND
NORTH POLE HOH OHO
HOENN

STAY AWAY FROM MY GIRLFRIEND. YOU PUT A FUCKING HAND ON HER AND I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU. KEEP YOUR DARK TRYAD BULLSHIT AWAY FROM HER AND LEAVE HER ALONE. AND LEAVE ISAAC ALONE TOO.

FUCK OFF,

PARKER JONES
123 NONYA BIZNESS
HOENN
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,672 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2023 0:12:22 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

FATHER WINTER THE 2ND[break]
NORTH POLE H0H 0H0[break]
HOENN[break][break]

Winter,[break][break]

I'm not a man of many words, so I'll cut to the chase:[break][break]

I want authority. The world operates on hierarchy—the rule of the few over the many. The strong lead the weak, and the weak obey the strong. I have some authority now, but it's clear to me it's no longer enough.[break][break]

I have no regrets in my life, nor do I have any emotional weakness that makes me wish things had not happened the way they had. Caleb's betrayal was his own ruin, and he shall continue to reap what he sowed.[break][break]

But speaking of things that belong to me, for the present, I want to be able to protect herself from injury or harm.[break][break]

Because when the future I want comes to pass—that is, the future where I kill you and all your allies, and I rejoin my patron in Ultra Space—I want her to come with me and survive it.[break][break]

[break]
P.O. BOX 800[break]
MOSSDEEP CITY[break]
HOENN
[break]

[Inserted in the envelope is the filled-out crossword.]

[break][break][break]

NOTES – letter to father winter

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".zev3"]--accent:#975fb2;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
310 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2023 0:31:54 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar
FATHER WINTER THE 2ND
NORTH POLE H0H 0H0
HOENN

I don't know why I found this stupid flyer and I don't know I decided to write back. I don't even know what I want for Wintertide.

I guess I just want that happy ending or the purpose to help me find one. I'm not even sure if that's possible, but I know that's what I want. I'm done searching. I'm done being the lonely lycanroc. I want to know what it all means. Where do I fit in?

Maybe I just need another redo. I was supposed to find my restart here, but I don't think it's enough. I want to go back to a time before I left. Before everything was so complicated. I would do anything for a chance. But who am I kidding? Not even Dialga or Celebi could save me from this. I'm in too deep. I need a paradox to make this right.

I don't know why I'm sending you this. I guess I don't have anyone else to talk to. Thanks.

ROY AKER
141 LAGGING TAIL WAY, APT # 6
RUSTBORO CITY
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,116 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2023 3:29:37 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar

FATHER WINTER II
NORTH POLE H0H 0H0
HOENN

so... the otome route had some reality to it after, huh? there truly is two of you. are you twins or are you a copy from that strange cyber place?

regardless, i remember you - the other you, maybe - splitting apart at the seams atop mt pyre. i remember what you did, what you said, what you believed in. have you come up with a new plan, then? does it still involve dialga and palkia? or have you pivoted to celebi instead? paired with the ruler of time, perhaps both could turn back the grains in the hourglass and restore your counterpart to former glory.

would you be formidable, then?

i wonder, sometimes, if i could change the past myself with such powers - what would i do? what would i want to do? i think i would want the same thing: the power to stop my alternate self. i could go back to have the land spirit once more. i could rewrite our battle in sea hoenn. i could finally (illegible scribble over a word no longer wanted, violent in nature) win against her.

but would such a thing make a difference? wouldn't it change the fated future?

the things i want for the future are also the same thing: power. i could have lied about that, you know - i've gotten quite good at it now - but what difference would that make? i want power in the future, in the present, in the past... even for wintertide, there is nothing else i want more than power.

yet, i also really want to undo the damage you have done to the rulers of space and time. breaking them down into shells of themselves, making them submissive and unable to have free will? your sacrilege against palkia and dialga will not be forgiven nor will it be forgotten. so, i'm stating it now - in case you forget due to a paradox or something - that my true wintertide wish is to have enough power to revert them back, to restore them, and to make sure they will never be 𐌀𐌁𐌀𐌍𐌃Ꝋ𐌍𐌄𐌃 again.

the present, however, is trickier than simply wishing for something. i'd like nothing more than for my wishes to come true, but i have been the girl who cried lycanroc for too many months to place my faith in the blind hope of something amounting from this. i have followed my wishes, my dreams, my desires, and they ended in ashes. if i ignored all of that and simply believed again - what would even change in the present? i would hope for power, even then, as i have in all iterations of myself. circumstances change but the wants never quite fade. and i suppose, in the end and in the matter of the present, i would change whatever i could to achieve that want.

would you do the same? have you?

tell me, father winter II, if that is how you have achieved all of this. i'm curious of the knowledge you hold, of the way you wield it, of the origin point you desire to change. was it all gained through power? through want? through wish?

you know - sometimes, i hope to see you again. would you laugh at me again? would you smile at my defiance, my furor? would you play a game?

if it is fated amongst the stars, i will find out soon enough.

for now, may you know i am coming for you - for all of you.

regards,

ILLEANA REYES,
HEAD SCIENTIST
1313 CORNELIA STREET
LILYCOVE, HOENN