412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
MASTERMIND [pc]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 14:28:14 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

ANNOUNCEMENT!
"What's this?" Hidden speakers suddenly blare across the resort. A hidden PROJECTOR whirs to life, broadcasting a massive picture onto the ground you're standing on. After a moment, you recognize it as the handsome, confident face of councilman "The killer has decided to SPOTLIGHT their next target! Uh-oh, they can do that? Why yes. Yes they can. Anyway, take from that information what you will! Perhaps a clue to the killer's identity or motives, or simply a chance to prepare. Then again, maybe you're just playing right into their hands..."

The KILLER has chosen to utilize a hidden mechanic: TARGET SPOTLIGHT.

Once per stage, a killer may zero in on a particular target and expand the range of their Kill Number by 1 on either side for that player. For example, if the killer's Kill Number was 10, then a 9, 10, or 11 would now succeed at killing their spotlighted target.

A killer spotlighting a player in this way will always be publicly announced.

There are no more hidden mechanics.

The purpose of TARGET SPOTLIGHT is to give the killer more personalization and agency instead of targeting purely based on chance/strategy. It also provides players the chance to make inferences about the killer and a more tactical way to spend their points. 

Players are welcome to edit their posts, shop purchases, kill numbers, or anything else to combat this new threat. Please tag me if you're making changes so I don't miss anything!

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
MASTERMIND [pc]
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2021 20:32:57 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Because of the path they took, Derek never noticed the spotlight illuminating the sus individual he heard asking a lot of questions on his way in. Foregoing anymore purchases, Derek and Decidueye trek just behind and . Drinking his last soda on the way, they arrive to the beast's den in a timely fashion. Taking their lead, Derek orders his pokemon to suppress the efforts of the babies by confronting them. A nasty plot allows the owl to keep a sharp mind while synthesis keeps it from fainting, should the babies in their numbers prove capable of doing so. Unsure of what they hoped to find, he looked around for any signs of loot.

ITPSS_Lx
DEREK DRINKS HIS (LAST) SODA POP!
DECIDUEYE used NASTY PLOT & SYNTHESIS!

@contest | KILL #5 | HOARDER
close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
as flies to wanton boys are we to the gods; they kill us for their sport
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
MASTERMIND [pc]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2021 0:51:52 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

TARGET SPOTLIGHT!

Not long after the original announcement, the speakers crackle back to life again. “What’s this? Again, so soon?”

The picture wavers and re-forms into a familiar image for the second time, as if the Mastermind company was concerned you might have missed it. “Mr. Anderson has been spotlighted again! My my, you seem to be making a lot of enemies today. You may want to watch your back, Councilman.”

The projector turns off, the rotating image of vanishing like an extinguished candle flame. “After all... they’re coming for you.”

The KILLER has chosen to utilize a hidden mechanic: TARGET SPOTLIGHT.

Once per stage, a killer may zero in on a particular target and expand the range of their Kill Number by 1 on either side for that player. For example, if the killer's Kill Number was 10, then a 9, 10, or 11 would now succeed at killing their spotlighted target.

Players are welcome to edit their posts, shop purchases, kill numbers, or anything else to combat this new threat. Please tag me if you're making changes so I don't miss anything!

*As a note, Target Spotlights are dependent on my schedule and availability to post them during the week, not necessarily the killer’s timing. A killer may have already decided to spotlight a player before the round started, so timing isn’t necessarily indicative of any response to a given player’s actions. 

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
Going to hell cause it feels like heaven.
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
MASTERMIND [pc]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2021 22:10:04 GMT
Alexandra Briarwood Avatar

Only one this time, the other saved by the selfless . Lex scoffs, she learned not that long ago that being selfless didn’t help you, it only hurt you in the end. Still, despite ’s suspicion, she has the back of her fellow rockets. Amber eyes roll rather dramatically at his tease, ”Please, Bill, you’d have to catch me first, old man,“ the tease (or is it?) ends with a wink which doesn’t make her look any less suspicious as his name and image appear in the “spotlight”.

“Uhhh well, nice knowin y’all” Lex chugs her SODA POP before fleeing the group into the bowel of the hotel. Reluctantly, she enters the vents, her stomach tightening with the memories of Genesect’s attack on the submarine. Fuck, why’d she do this again?

Eventually, she comes upon a hoard of monsters along with a few of her fellow contestants. , , and are already in the thick of it. Better them than her. She casts a hand towards the scene in front of her, “Paralyze em,” she care mostly about the monsters, but she cares little if the others are affected by the attack.

Thorn shakes her petals, letting a fine powder drift through the room, it’s sticky nature clinging to whatever it can find, sinking into skin and scales to paralyze while she blazes a path forward with Thorn. The Roserade takes it upon herself to use SYNTHESIS in an attempt to withstand any attack meant for them. The thief has eyes for anything shiny, seeking a treasure the monster hoards.

Group Task: Hoarder
Consumes the SODA POP
Thorn uses STUN SPORE to attempt to paralyze the monsters (and contestants teehee) along with SYNTHESIS to protect themselves while they search for treasure. (+6)
Kill Numbers: 4
Style: Either/Either; dealer’s choice ^_^
AmfpsuSU

close tab

played by

arti

Sera
Feminine
November 16th
Jubilife City
Bisexual
--
Former Beast
You don't wanna see me bratty~
awards
595 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailorarti
Serena Malcolm
MASTERMIND [pc]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2021 4:20:48 GMT
Serena Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","seraboxbl"]

Now under normal circumstances, after witnessing what she had witnessed, she wouldn't normally charge head first into danger. As one of her favorite quotes went; 'Curiousity didn't kill the cat, it killed the white bitch'. She couldn't help but agree, how many stereotypes of women in her position had been brutally murdered in horror films because they were just...curious. [break][break]

Serena didn't feel like being the stereotype today, but because she had passed upon an opprotunity for loot the last time, she couldn't in good conscious make that very same decisions. "Oh...fuck me..." she sighed to herself as she listened to the next report. "As a side note, we here at Mastermind prioritize Pokemon Care, especially abandoned Pokemon!" See, Serena knew there would be something really good out of this.[break][break]

"It's so great that they've established a breeding population already, don't you think? This one just hates littering, so please help yourselves to its clean-up efforts." Too bad in order to get the goods she had to go into the belly of the beast, so to speak. "We're going to do something dangerous, you'll forgive me later right?" She asked Junior as she glanced down at him. He flashed her a knowing look. If it wasn't a promise of danger, he wouldn't have been here at all. "Riiight," she nodded. "I forgot who I was speaking to." [break][break]

Before venturing forward into the airducts where the beast had disappeared into, she stopped by the machines to get a few goods before heading with the rest that were seeking danger as much as she was. Following the rest of the poor souls into danger she nodded once they reached the respective treasure trove. [break][break]

There was no way they were getting through to this loot unscathed unless they dealt with the beast and it's babies that were in the way. Tapping her temple she nodded at Junior. "Hit 'em with the 'ol razzle dazzle." she smirked as the mime jr grinned and prepared a TEETER DANCE for the beast and it's children. [break][break]

9EkvXsmf

[break][break]

+ @/contest[break]
+ Serena's Outfit[break]
+ tl;dr: No Kill Number this Round | Both | Both | Group Task Hoarder | Lemonade + Reaper cloth purchased, Lemonade used.

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.seraboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#f1d0f2;[/newclass]

[newclass=.seraboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.seraboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.seraboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#5c549c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.seraboxbl .pokesprite]color:#c7adb7; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.seraboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.seraboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.seraboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.seraboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.seraboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.seraboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,781 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
MASTERMIND [pc]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2021 8:46:04 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","viva"][break]
[attr="class","vivalyric"]花散らせ今吹くこの嵐は
まさに春泥棒
[break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]TAGGED
[break]
mastermind[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]THEME
[break]
vibe![break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]NOTES
[break]
death: both/both[break]
kill number: 2[break][break]
outfit![break][break]
fresh water (x1)

Strength in numbers, it's a risky belief to hold onto in such a situation but she'll do so anyways. It does help that the kids club are heading for the hoard whereas the one being targeted happens to be doing a task all by himself...
[break][break]
While the others are busying themselves with going after the mother beast, Eris and Aurelia are happy to assist with the restraining of her unruly kids. Forcefields flash around the little beasts, Imprisoning them to prevent interference.
[break][break]
YsI9y25J

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Roboto:400,700][googlefont=Raleway:800][googlefont=Hachi+Maru+Pop]
[newclass=.viva]background-color:#f9f9f9;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;width:480px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;line-height:12px!important;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.viva b]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=.viva a]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivalyric]margin:-12px 0px;background-color:#b76e79;color:#f9f9f9;font:bold 14px Hachi Maru Pop;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:right;padding:20px;padding-top:50px;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivaright]font:bold 8px Roboto;line-height:10px!important;text-align:right;padding:9px;background-color:#f9f9f9;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;letter-spacing:1px;margin:-2px -10px -7px -10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivabot]padding:6px 2px;height:32px;width:40px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;background-color:#f9f9f9;float:right;margin-left:10px;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MASTERMIND [pc]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2021 10:03:14 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]boy, clearing that round definitely made his eyes really dry! it's why he decides to stop at the vending machine to buy SAFETY GOGGLES. he slips them on, uncaring as to how dumb it might make him look.

at 's question, he shakes his head.

"nah, i'm pretty innocent."

then smiles.

"you can tell me the same, bill. i promise i won't tell."

regardless, he pats bill on the back before moving on.

matias decides to investigate the TRASH COMPACTOR ROOM, first sending gengar in to REFLECT TYPE to perhaps help it handle the beast.

[attr="class","noodles"]18L7nXdo
used SAFETY GOGGLES -2 points
hoarder
used REFLECT TYPE (smart)
death style: both/both
kill number: 6
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
MASTERMIND [pc]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2021 17:22:14 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

At least they don't have to see another body this time. Still, Luka flinches and looks away when poor Kazimir is dragged off, and squeezes her eyes shut when that horrific scream breaks the silence. [break][break] Her poor nerves are shot! Luka lightly smacks the sides of her face to remind herself that this is all a game, and nothing is real, and everyone on the other side is just fine. She's still trying to convince herself as she pads across the damp tile, deliberately ignoring the vents where the creature dwells. She probably can't handle that right now. [break][break] Instead, she buys a reaper cloth and ends up with what she considers a far safer task, joining and reuniting with as well. Luka's glad to see he's still okay, flashing a smile while an announcement crackles over the loudspeakers. The object of the killer's sudden target is there as well...she squints at Bill, a man who seems suspicious of everyone, but can she blame him?[break][break] Plum is sent to do some scouting of the area, her Future Sight hopefully able to predict some obstacles in their way. In the meantime, Luka considers the candy bar stuck in her back pocket. She had originally purchased it with Matias in mind, the person here she could closest call a friend...but there was someone else in need of it now. Luka munches on it thoughtfully while their Pokemon scout, fingers crossed that she's making the right choice.
[break][break] Used Future Sight (psychic, clever) in the Sightseeing task [break] Used Rage Candybar[break] Kill numbers: 8, 13 [break] Death style: both/both [break] jRy_VU_b

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
MASTERMIND [pc]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2021 20:05:00 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the person he was just talking with disappears in a moment. "fugger no!" he cries out, watching disappear into the void. "i'll miss you buddy."

he wipes a tear before moving on, opening a rage candy bar and snacking on it as respect to his fallen friend. he moves on, but he's distracted by the new selection on the shop.

kyle purchases reaper cloth

he buys three spooky things, that remind him of his good friend, big tiddy goth girlfriend . he dons them, layering them on top of the other, so he looks like a creep.

"hey," he calls the elite four. "i'm a duskull now."

he quickly turns his attention to , who helped them last round on the task, when he starts interrogating people. "what if both of you are the killers?" he asks him, alongside , who he has been accusing. "that would be a plot twist."

his dragalge last and gives him a nod as a go signal. it goes to blend in with the surroundings, scouting the beast so it can find a way to fight back.

jBQ42_5|
HOARDER
dragalge uses camouflage (smart)
using rage candybar
inventory: reaper cloth (3)
number: 2 / 14

@tags
close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
MASTERMIND [pc]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 0:14:15 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
[attr="class","charactername"]
135 for among us
Before Locke could even fully process what was happening, his feet carried him between the Beast and . He closed his eyes, ready to be the first real body of the game, but when he opened them again, the creature was gone. His whole body sagged with relief as turned to the younger girl. “Are you alright miss?”

They were a little wary now of the treats provided to them, but they grabbed the sweet-looking Berry Juice, while Free-Free played with a bit Reaper Cloth, apparently unbothered by the unsettling fabric. The Butterfree shot out the doors with his prize as soon as they were open and immediately took flight. The sudden change in environment made him sneeze a bit of Sleep Powder, but he took in his new surroundings from high in the sky.

|C3NqCuc

Group Task: Sightseeing
Items: Buying 1 Berry Juice and 2 Reaper Cloth. Using Fresh Water (Picking 15). Saving 2 Reaper Cloth for later. (-5 points)
Moves: Sleep Powder, using Berry Juice to bypass requirement (+3 points)
Portrayal: Humorous
Target: Character
Kill Numbers: 9
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]font-style:italic;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]·
close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
Be silent or let thy words be worth more than silence.
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
MASTERMIND [pc]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 0:57:23 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ruby"]
[attr="class","rolling-contain"]
[attr="class","rolling-header"]
[attr="class","rolling-team"]

[attr="class","rolling-thread"][attr="class,"faction"]
A beast. Or, some kind of pokemon she couldn't recognize. Whatever the case truly was, she almost didn't have time to react before she was about to be grabbed by it. Her eyes widened as jumped in the way to protect her, watching the beast wiggle back into the pipe with Kazimir. [break][break]

"Oh." Was all she said, she didn't really have words. Confusion was quite visible on her face, struggling to even say anything. Except, maybe she could say a few words for her savior. Looking at , Ruby would let out a quiet sigh as she spoke. "I'm alright, yeah, thank you. Glad to see you still standing too." [break][break]

Of course, the statement was unsaid but obvious. She certainly trusted the man with her life at this rate. Or at least, 'game' life. [break][break]

Grabbing a few Reaper Cloths that had spit upon the ground, Ruby pushed outside, only to be even more confused. Just how big was this place? How much area did they rent for this contest? It was absolutely wild. Regardless, it was definitely time to explore it all.[break][break]

Groove," Ruby spoke up, turning to her Oranguru. "Take a look around, will you? Future Sight." Sure enough, the Oranguru would focus its energies, seeing into the future as it leaped across the way.
[break][break]
lmNNnpFS

[break][break]
[attr="class","rolling-divide"]
[break]

notes Future Sight. Sightseer. Purchased 2 Reaper Cloths Kill Number: 1 Portrayal: Dramatic. Target: Trainer

[break]
[attr="class","rolling-tag"]@tag
</>

[newclass=.ruby .rolling-contain]width:375px;height:auto;border:none;padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-header]width:375px;height:160px;overflow:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-team]width:405px;margin-left:-380px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;height:23px;padding:8px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-team:hover]margin-left:-10px;transition:all .75s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-thread]width:315px;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 30px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-thread b]font-weight:bold;color:#B8D9EC;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-tag]padding:5px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:6px;color:#c2c2c2;text-transform:lowercase;letter-spacing:0.2px;font-weight:700;border-radius:3px;font-weight:600;font-family:verdana;/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-tag a]font-weight:600!important;font-size:6px!important[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-divide]margin-top:5px;width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
MASTERMIND [pc]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 1:02:57 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","katherine"]
[attr="class","top"]

Whereas appears natural at wasting his currency, Katherine appears to be more inclined to save some. As they cross the new shop, she opts to buy only two reaper cloths, saving a couple of coins for later. Who knows, maybe they'll come in handy?
[break][break]
katherine purchases reaper cloth[break]
katherine purchases reaper cloth

[break][break]
"i didn't take you for a cosplayer, kyle," she resists the urge to roll her eyes at him. "but i suppose i should've known." weeb, she almost calls him but ultimately holds her tongue.
[break][break]
"we aren't going to find out who's the killer anytime soon. i'd say we have, at best... four confirmed innocents. if we ignore the dead guys, that is." and since there were fifteen remaining players - four innocents weren't enough to gamble with.
[break][break]
at least in her eyes.
[break][break]
"they should start killing faster, honestly."
[break][break]
and with that said, she steps into the next room. boo, her gengar, is quick to hypnotize the beast, emitting waves of sleep-inducing psychic energy. in the meantime, katherine opts to munch on her rage candybar.
[break][break]
"mm..."

[break][break]
G6lM5iWL

[break][break]
notes: dramatic / pokemon. kill number: 6/3. buying 2x reaper cloth. using rage candybar. smart move used: hypnosis
[attr="class","ooc"] @/contest [break]

[attr="class","pkmnparty"]

[newclass=".katherine"]--accent:#963030; position:relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine blockquote"]width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:13px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine blockquote b, .katherine blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .katherine blockquote b { font:13px 'Poppins'; font-weight:600;[/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine blockquote img"]filter:grayscale(1%); transition:0.6s all; } .katherine blockquote img:hover { transition:0.6s all; filter:none [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:480px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins'; border-top:1px solid; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .pkmnparty"]margin-top:-20px; text-align:center; } .katherine .pkmnparty img { filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.6s all; } .katherine .pkmnparty img:hover { filter:none; transition:0.6s all; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Poppins:500,600,700]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
MASTERMIND [pc]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 1:35:45 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

MASTERMIND

CONTEST APPRAISAL FROM THE #1 TARGET

FERNANDO HAS NO QUALMS WITH THIS ROUND’S RESULTS. The fact only one falls means that the game persists with a slight turn in the non-killers favors.

The fact he remains alive is surprising but good fortune shines upon the opportune. Beady eyes stare back at him, concentrated on his newfound glasses. Such fascination is snuffed with an affirmative pat on the Comfey’s head.

A moment, if you will,” Fernando whispers to two individuals. If the glasses are to be believed, then they are both innocent. He reveals this secret only to the two of them as the knowledge becomes more valuable with each passing round.

A new shop opens and Fernando opts not to purchase anything. The absence of so many Reaper Cloth’s make his death that much more appealing. Something he intends to upkeep in order to ensure an early demise.

Taking the road less traveled by, Fernando opts to take the SIGHTSEER obstacle. His Comfey easily provides just the right TRICK to gather the necessary details.

Nm7Lx_ha

KILL NUMBER: 1
SIGHTSEER
CLEVER MOVE: TRICK +3

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
as flies to wanton boys are we to the gods; they kill us for their sport
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
MASTERMIND [pc]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2021 2:16:40 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar
 STAGE THREE RESULTS   

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/777498159093514251/882069289157402734/arcaderabbit.mp3[/player]

sights down the line. A quick intake of breath. He has a target in his sights-- someone he believes with all his Arceus-filled heart to be the Killer. 

He is blind to the figure behind him, watching him, hunting him. Bill is alone. The majority of players chose to chase THE BEAST into its den, leaving the Councilman unprotected-- not even by his own Pokemon. 

The figure reaches for Bill.

--But then  is suddenly there, Rage Candybar clutched in one hand like a beacon to ward away darkness.

At the same time, Bill fires his Killer-Killing Blowdart into the vent, sending a purple nerf bullet directly into 's eye.

Kyle's head rocks back from the impact. 

Something clicks.

A waterfall deluge of hot pink spotlights suddenly illuminate the Champion where he stands. Baby beasts scurry away from him on their stumpy legs, fleeing back towards the shadows as is illuminated in stunning, vivid color.

Sensing something wrong, 's Gengar readies itself to protect her cosplaying coworker-- but it's not what the Elite 4 Member thinks.

No killer comes for Kyle. 

The killer is already here.

8-bit music suddenly blasts from the speakers, deafening the participants in a wall of sound. The pink lights flash once, twice, three times like a lightning strike--

--And he's gone.

A slip of paper wafts slowly down from the ceiling, settling on the tile where Kyle used to be with a sound like a sigh. A familiar name is scrawled on the final line of the consent form, sealed with a bright pink pawprint.

KYLE was THE KILLER
FINAL SCORE: 9 PTS
KYLE LOPEZ has been ELIMINATED.

"Unbelievable! BILL ANDERSON has killed THE KILLER!" The calm, cheerful voice you've grown used to bursts in like a sports announcer. Static interference grates in waves of white, high-pitched noise. "AND SURVIVED TO TELL THE TALE! What gave it away, Bill?! How did you know Kyle was the one?!"

Excited chatter from other Mastermind employees (dare we say even 'dead' players?) in the background almost covers up the sound of a daydreaming  being carried off her feet by a passing bulldozer.

It's both dramatic and hilarious as the pop idol is carted off by the heavy machinery like a piece of house debris-- dramatic because the tractor is so slow it feels almost like bullet time, hilarious because a Bagon is driving the tractor and its legs are too short to reach the pedals. Actually, its arms are too short too.

You watch it crash (slowly) into a signpost. The bulldozer explodes.

"Oh no! Melody! That seemed unnecessary. Well anyway, it seems you're not out of hot water yet, contestants," exclaims the speakers. "That makes two eliminations this round. It seems there's still at least one killer on the loose! So who's their next target?"

MELODY MIRO has been KILLED.

STAGE THREE SHOP

WELCOME TO THE MASTERMIND SHOP!
  • The shop will appear after completing each stage.
  • Some stock is limited! First come, first serve!
  • Shop items are always single-use. 
  • Once purchased, you can use an item at any time.
  • An updated shop will appear at the end of each stage.

LEMONADE (Cost: 3 points)
Provides immunity from the killer for the current stage. Use this item and don't pick a kill number this round.

SODA POP (Cost: 2 points)
Allows you to use two moves during a single Group Task, with the corresponding point reward. You will still only roll once.

BERRY JUICE (Cost: 1 point)
Allows you to bypass one Group Task requirement. For example, you might use a Special or Status move in a Physical-only Group Task.

CONSENT FORM (Cost: 5 points) Limited Stock: 1
Designate the new killer. Choose one player to take on the killer's role starting next round. This player may still accept or decline the role.

KILLER-KILLING MACH BIKE (Cost: 5 points) Limited Stock: 2
This powerful, hunky machine allows you to righteously run down the weak, brittle-boned killer! Eliminate one player of your choice from the game. You will receive 0 points for biking an innocent player. 

SAFETY FIRST! ACRO BIKE (Cost: 2 points)
This agile and dexterous bike allows an innocent player to dip, dive, duck and weave to avoid a brutish Mach Bike rider! The Acro Bike does not protect the killer, but is free for them to purchase at no cost.
STAGE FOUR

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/777498159093514251/880118671094190120/Danganronpa_2_-_Beautiful_Ruin_Remix.mp3[/player]

Reunited at last, the HOARDERS and the SIGHTSEERS are able to regroup and share their experiences with one another. It's an easy way to try and forget everything you just witnessed. Who's on your side? Who can you really trust?

Not each other, certainly. 

The HOARDERS fared well, returning laden with (spoiled) spoils from THE BEAST's den. It was no easy task pilfering valuables from a mother and her brood, and the skills the HOARDERS have learned will serve them well later.

It becomes evident the SIGHTSEERS have fared poorly in their task to survey the resort. But who can really blame them for not finding the way forward? As their Pokemon scouted the coastline, facility, and surrounding estate, they found something even better.

A way out.

> ADDITIONAL ITEMS HAVE BEEN UNLOCKED!

LEFTOVERS (Cost: 1 point) *HOARDER only.
Using your expert looting skills gained from HOARDER, Leftovers can be exchanged to scavenge any one item from a dead player. Items are limited and first-come, first-serve.

EJECT BUTTON (Cost: 1 point) *SIGHTSEER only.
With your in-depth surveying knowledge from SIGHTSEER, you can activate this item to escape the gamefreezing your current point total and guaranteeing survival until the end. 

Both groups are closed-fisted with their newfound treasures, but the burden falls to the SIGHTSEERS to find the way forward. After some deliberation, you decide the distant STONE TOWER is the most likely venue for the final stage.

If you can get there. The group doesn't make it far before lines of caution tape and traffic cones mark a major construction zone spanning most of the resort. To progress, you'll have to find a way around or plunge straight through.

Oddly, a row of bicycles are lined up at a bicycle rack for your choosing.

> CHOOSE BETWEEN THE FOLLOWING TASKS
TRAILBLAZER
BASE POWER
GRASS/DARK

ROAD CLOSED
STAT-RAISING
NORMAL/FIGHTING

Get your hiking boots on and head off the beaten path. An overgrown forest arena has taken over a major part of the resort. The underbrush harries your every movement, but perhaps you can hack and stamp your way straight through to the tower if you put your mind to it. Or perhaps charming the native flora/fauna is the way to go.

REQUIRES
  • Any move with a Base Power OR
  • Any Grass or Dark move
  • Cumulative 200 in rolls
Looks like the workers are on a lunch break! Enter the work zone and navigate the road hazards. The pavement is full of cracks, potholes, pitfalls, and even wet paint. Despite all the traffic cones and caution tape, no heavy machinery is actually present. It seems like a major renovation in the resort area is underway...

REQUIRES
  • Any Stat-raising move OR
  • Any Normal or Fighting move
  • Cumulative 200 in rolls

Players without any applicable moves can still post their kill number, but will score 0 points and will not contribute to group roll totals. 

If the players fail to complete at least one of the group tasks by the end of the round, the KILL NUMBER pool will be HALVED (rounded up) starting next round.

The Killer may or may not choose to contribute to the Group Tasks.

INSTRUCTIONS

If you are using/buying an item, please state the item clearly in your OOC. Your post should be complete at minimum with a group task, applicable move, and roll at the time of purchase. Limited shop items may not be returned after purchasing.

Bulbapedia: Moves by Contest Type
Beauty/Cool Move: 0 Points
Unmarked Move: 1 Point
Cute/Tough Move: 2 Points
Smart/Clever Move: 3 Points
Killing a Target: 5 Points
Killing the Killer: 10 Points
Please choose a KILL NUMBER between 1-7. Note that the Kill Number pool was halved last round and no longer corresponds to the number of remaining players! 

The game will update either when all players have posted or in 6 days (9/4 - 8PM PST). 

TLDR
  • (Optional) Spend your points at the Shop
  • Choose a Group Task to help with
  • Use an applicable Pokemon Move for that task
  • Roll a d100 towards the group total
  • Choose a Kill Number between 1-7

THE PLAYERS

4 points

17 points

1 point

Row 1 column 4

2 points
ReaperCloth

Row 1 column 4

6 points
ReaperCloth,
Goggles

6 points
ReaperCloth 2

5 points
ReaperCloth 2

8 points
Fresh Water 

4 points

0 points

4 points
ReaperCloth 2

7 points

3 points

6 points

7 points
ReaperCloth

Row 4 column 1

12 points

9 points
Fresh Water

8 points

9 points
ReaperCloth 3

9 points

GAME LOG

> THE PLAYERS entered THE ARENA
> CARDAMOM BLISS WAS KILLED BY <KILLER>
> ALEXANDER SILPH WAS KILLED BY <KILLER>
> THE PLAYERS began STAGE ONE
> THE PLAYERS completed all group tasks!
> VIOLET FAIRBANKS WAS KILLED BY <KILLER>
> GAVIN MERLINO WAS KILLED BY <KILLER>
> THE PLAYERS began STAGE TWO
> THE PLAYERS completed all group tasks!
> KAZIMIR WYNTER WAS KILLED BY <KILLER>
> RUBY WALKER WAS SAVED BY LOCKE JAMISON
> THE PLAYERS began STAGE THREE
> LUKA CHÊNE PROTECTED BILL ANDERSON
> BILL ANDERSON shot KYLE LOPEZ.
> KYLE LOPEZ was THE KILLER.
> MELODY MIRO WAS KILLED BY <KILLER>
> TASK: SIGHTSEER failed. <KILLER> closes in.
> THE PLAYERS began STAGE FOUR

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
MASTERMIND [pc]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2021 2:32:05 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","katherine"]
[attr="class","top"]

There isn't a hint of hesitation in the elite four's steps as she makes her way to the new selection of items that is presented before her. She heads straight to the consent form and pays for it, before also acquiring four pieces of leftovers.
[break][break]
"so kyle was the killer, huh?" she sighs, looking over his body. both her reaper clothes are used with the intent of stealing whatever coins he had left.
[break][break]
"i should've known. he really can't be trusted."
[break][break]
"well, as long as i don't use this little thing," she waves the form around, proud of having reached for it first, "then there's only one killer to worry about. neat, isn't it? we already know that bill isn't one, and a couple of others as well. our options are narrowing down, i suppose."
[break][break]
cue a smile.
[break][break]
having only one killer to worry about made things a lot easier. and for as long as Katherine wished for it to remain that way, then it would. well, assuming no other items with the same effect will be sold in the next rounds.
[break][break]
two more reaper cloths are acquired, this time from 's fresh corpse, and both are used to rob of her unused points. katherine was a true hoarder, and now was a good time as any to show it. "i do hope you have a hunch on who's the other killer, bill. we should finish this as quickly as we can."
[break][break]
speaking of which, boo, katherine's gengar, is instructed with a gesture to lead the way. as the two step into the overgrown, forest arena, the ghost-type begins to shadow punch any obstacles in their path.

[break][break]
hdZSb2xK

[break][break]
notes: dramatic / pokemon. kill number: 5. buying 1x consent form / 4x leftovers. using 2x reaper cloths on kyle lopez (+9 points!). using 3x leftovers to steal 3x of kyle's reaper cloths. two additional reaper cloths are used on melody (+6 points). total would be (9+6) and -(5+1+1+1+1). smart move used: shadow punch
[attr="class","ooc"] @/contest [break]

[attr="class","pkmnparty"]

[newclass=".katherine"]--accent:#963030; position:relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine blockquote"]width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:13px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine blockquote b, .katherine blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .katherine blockquote b { font:13px 'Poppins'; font-weight:600;[/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine blockquote img"]filter:grayscale(1%); transition:0.6s all; } .katherine blockquote img:hover { transition:0.6s all; filter:none [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:480px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins'; border-top:1px solid; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .pkmnparty"]margin-top:-20px; text-align:center; } .katherine .pkmnparty img { filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.6s all; } .katherine .pkmnparty img:hover { filter:none; transition:0.6s all; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Poppins:500,600,700]