MANTINE SURFING (SPLASHFEST)
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2022 3:37:12 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Seems like they celebrated too soon...[break][break]
Luka flops onto her Mantine's back and spits out a mouthful of seawater. Ugh...[break][break]
But the pancake underneath her isn't ready to give up yet! After a few minutes of rest they're itching to go again, and the team attempts a Primarina Twist once again.

[break][break]

[break][break]
NJzTeiYp[break]Point Total:[break]20100

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,710 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2022 3:58:45 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[googlefont=Fira+Sans|Playfair+Display]
[attr="class","bbb"]theo's going to get back to shore to all these text messages from flaming him for his incompetence. but he won't care because he's still relatively drunk even after hours out at sea. maybe it's because he hasn't had any water since.

he sighs, appraoching the next wave to attempt a MAGIKARP SPLASH.
JRVkkiBz

falling like ashes the the ground, ground

[newclass=.bbb b]color:#d5d5d5;font-family:playfair display;font-size:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,870 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2022 4:39:08 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin's tardiness was her undoing again; the Mantine she had been working with the last several days was out on a run, and it wouldn't be coming back by the time the contest closed for the day. She had to pick a random one and adapt to its timing, which meant all the difference in performing a maneuver as tight as a MAGIKARP SPLASH. The grind at this point was more of a chore than anything, despite enjoying the splashing motion. This was something she would definitely have fun doing in small doses, but not as often as she felt compelled to during Splashfest.

VAdpDcBu
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
MERCURIAL
in my solitude
6'1" height
6'1" height
I picked the stitches, now I can't stop bleeding
awards
2,612 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2022 4:40:02 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrianwt"]
[attr="class","adrianwtw"]The ocean around them become unruly and difficult to navigate as the blue skies recede behind a growing haze, which is perhaps a clue that he should exit the water. But Adrian at first refuses.[break][break]

He takes another shot at the next wave, not wanting to miss out on a single opportunity. As he and his Mantine are pulled into the swelling water wall, he could see perhaps the lightning in the distance, where the sky was darkest.[break][break]

This would be the last wave of the day for him.[break][break]

The sensation of air whipping across his face and tousling his hair is second only to the butterflies in his stomach as they begin their free fall, executing several corkscrews before touching down...[break][break]

MAGIKARP SPLASH
[break]

Rrv76_1O

[attr="class","adrianwttag"]MANTINE SURFING (15850)

[attr="class","adrianwtpokes"][break]

[newclass=.adrianwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwt b] color: #723849; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwt a] text-decoration: none; color: #723849!important; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #723849; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; adrian-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #723849; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #723849!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #723849; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #723849; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #723849; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

liekos

leo, leon
he/him
twenty-eight
september 30th
rustboro city, hoenn
demirom. bisex.
ceo, inventor
ace
save a little
love for me
6 ft 5 in (~196 cm) height
6 ft 5 in (~196 cm) height
i wish i were better, i wish i had strength. i wish i had anything to prove i was brave.
awards
468 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leonidas
Leonidas Stone
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2022 5:06:45 GMT
Leonidas Stone Avatar
[nospaces]

...And what was life if not a series of failures that came so swiftly within the midst of success? All things considered, the taste of it hadn't quite resonated with such a sour chord, that time around; not after such a large win that he'd been vying so long for.[break][break]

Just as he'd done before, he resurfaced as quickly as he could before bringing himself atop his own, respective Mantine. He brushed his hair, dripping and damp, from his face as he scanned the horizon once more for the next wave to arrive.[break][break]

He embarked for another Over-the-Gyarados before long.[break][break]

XuL|QcKk
[break][break]

@tag[break]
6600 pts + ?

close tab

played by

liekos

caturix
he/him
thirty-four
december 21st
wyndon, calar
demirom. pansex.
pro fighter, hitman
executive
show me
where the delicate stops
6 ft 11 in (~211 cm) height
6 ft 11 in (~211 cm) height
you can call me king of the world
awards
223 posts
Cain Toman DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cain
Cain Toman
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2022 5:26:41 GMT
Cain Toman Avatar
[nospaces]

If the dictionary allowed phrases into its contents, the entry for 'bruised ego' may very well have had a picture of Cain's face next to its definition.[break][break]

Neverminding the fact that he, of all people, had been far from an ocean-goer and an experience surfer, it had been somewhat obvious to tell that he hadn't been quite as receptive to his failures as he had his successes. Because of that, he'd been quick to haul himself from the waters and over to his aquatic companion yet again, calling for another Starmie 720 as the waves converged.[break][break]

ts201l3V

@tag[break]
7500 pts + ?

close tab

played by

milky

luci
he/they
jan 30
hearthome, sinnoh
pansexual
sculptor/painter
civilian
one-track mind
one-track heart
6'3" height
6'3" height
high achiever, don't you see? baby, nothing comes for free.
awards
189 posts
luciano fisk DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luci
luciano fisk
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2022 5:30:39 GMT
luciano fisk Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lucitop"]
[attr="class","luci"] it was that time of day again. he peers out at the endless sea, imagining what a sight might look upon a canvas. how many colors he could stroke into the skyline.

[break][break] "let us go," he says to his mantine, patting it soundly, before steering it into a MAGIKARP SPLASH.

[attr="class","ooc"] sQi4kzpZ

[newclass=".luci"]--accent:#B6C4E3; } .luci { font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; } .luci b { color:var(--accent)!important; } .luci i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .luci u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; } .luci .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .luci .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lucitop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#B6C4E3;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Nano

shiba inu
She/Her
thirty
april 4th
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
inu ceo
civilian
and in this hell you'll stay
24 height
24 height
if this is the last night and you're feeling hollow - i'll give you my half life so you see tomorrow
awards
122 posts
SHEBA INOUE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sheba
SHEBA INOUE
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2022 5:51:22 GMT
SHEBA INOUE Avatar
[nospaces]

another failure, and she's left in the water in an unceremonious splash. at this point, it's starting to get frustrating; but she's going to get the over-the-gyrados at some point. it's only a matter of when she will, or if she'll be able to before the timer runs out. just her luck, to be able to enter something nearing the tail end of it.. maybe she should have been more diligent.

[break][break]
5aYnzlTn

@tag[break]
10,000 pts

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,398 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2022 5:57:35 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]
[attr="class","littlejay"]

after all of this, plenty of people are going to need therapy for all the failures. luckily for jayden, he has plenty experience in traumatizing experiences. after all, dmitri made sure of it.

[break][break] together with his mantine, they sail into another OVER-THE-GYARADOS.

[attr="class","ooc"]
myigOgzg [break]

[newclass=".littlejay"]--accent:#955adf; } .littlejay { font:12px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px; } .littlejay b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .littlejay i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .littlejay u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:0.5px; } .littlejay .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .littlejay .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jaytop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323; border-radius:5px; } .jaytop img { filter:grayscale(90%); padding-top:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
and i tried to save a life with these diamond hands of mine; but they're sharper than a knife
awards
495 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2022 6:02:09 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]

maybe the problem is that she isn't trying hard enough? she's starting to think that maybe she's pushed the mantine too hard, trying to land such a difficult move so many times - is what she would think, were it not still rearing to go. "are you okay?" she asks the pokemon, who only lets out an energetic cry and a flap of its... wings? [break][break]

well.. they say it's okay, so there's no harm in another magikarp splash attempt.

[break][break]
JMc7Bg0I

@tag[break]
10,850 pts

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,791 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2022 6:06:07 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Eva is in WAY too deep now to just give up. It would feel like a huge loss if she just started trying the easier tricks. She does, however need a few more points . . .

[break][break]

Does she risk it?

[break][break]

No, she’d never forgive herself if this could be THE ONE. She dirves the mantine forward. One more attempt at a MAGIKARP SPLASH.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break][break]

+ Going for a MAGIKARP SPLASH[break][break]

qLbm4RR1

[break][break]

Total Points: +3,250 (Primarina Twist, Lanturn 360, Starmie 720)

[newclass=".evaa"]--accent:#a9d39d; --speech:#a9d39d;[/newclass]

[newclass=".evaa"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; background:#111; padding-bottom:10px; border:1px solid #232323; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .top"]height:350px; background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/q1Q4tR4/image.png); background-size:cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main"]font:12px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:25px 30px 30px 30px; border:1px solid var(--accent); margin:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main::first-line"]color:var(--accent); font:italic 12px/13px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main b"]color:var(--speech); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main i"]color:var(--speech);[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar"]background:#111111; text-align:center; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); padding-bottom:10px; border-bottom:1px solid #848484;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar img"]filter:grayscale(100%); width:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .ooc"]background:#171717; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); margin-top:20px; padding:20px; font:9px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins]
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
I can get by the days just fine but the nights, 🌙
awards
2,845 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2022 6:06:58 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]

"Time for the big finish!! HUNTAIL SPIRAL!" He declared. Maybe he'd get a milkshake after.

fYcNncZB

ooc: NOW I GOTTA USE THIS ONE TO KEEP TRACK AAAAAAAAAH

moves done:

• magikarp splash - 5000 (95-100)
  • over-the-gyarados - 2500 (85-100)
  • starmie 720 - 1750 (75-100)
  • primarina twist - 1000 (50-100)
  • lanturn 360 (25-100) - 500
  • gorebyss/huntail spiral - 100 (1-100)

total points: 10,8500

[/nospaces]

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
december 12
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief / con artist
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
but i still haven't found what i'm looking for
awards
734 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2022 6:12:44 GMT
nina larson Avatar
still another flop, but they had a little bit of time left to try and keep up with and his mantine. after taking a short break to watch the competition, they went for it again.

"over-the-gyarados!"

wJaSl7tj

total points previous round: 13350
( 100 + 500 + 1000 + 1750 + 2500 + 5000 + 2500 )
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,688 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2022 6:15:40 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
finally got something. nice. she wasn't going to get more crowns by sticking to super easy tricks, though. she'd wasted too much time.

she opted to go for something in the middle. starmie 720!

nLfj6XtY

total points previous round: 1000
close tab

played by

mad

sage
she/her
twenty-eight
march 14th
pewter city, kanto
demisexual
retired soldier
ex lieutenant
52 height
52 height
the whispers in the trees are getting near
awards
363 posts
sagira mosse DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sagira
sagira mosse
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2022 6:35:07 GMT
sagira mosse Avatar
she wasn't great at this. oh, well. it was still fun. delta seemed to be enjoying herself as she rode around closer to the shore, so sage stayed and kept trying.

they went up the wave again for another attempt at the starmie 720.

Dib2YlCu

total points previous round: 3500
( 1000 + 2500 )
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP