MANTINE SURFING (SPLASHFEST)
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2022 3:16:25 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

tipsy fush turbo edition...[break][break]

something something splash splash mantine! primarina twist babey!!!!!

[break][break]

[break][break]
oc3y8LIx[break]Point Total:[break]17100

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,413 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2022 4:35:36 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]
[attr="class","littlejay"]

he shakes the water out of his hair, climbing back onto his mantine. not every attempt can end in success, though this is a little much.

[break][break] still, they go back to the waves and when they lurch into the air for the OVER-THE-GYARADOS he can only hope for the best.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
3dvWRZTy

[newclass=".littlejay"]--accent:#955adf; } .littlejay { font:12px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px; } .littlejay b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .littlejay i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .littlejay u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:0.5px; } .littlejay .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .littlejay .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jaytop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323; border-radius:5px; } .jaytop img { filter:grayscale(90%); padding-top:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,949 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2022 4:38:48 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
By now, Josh had the basic technique for the MAGIKARP SPLASH down. The only true obstacle that remained was landing the precise timing needed for the trick to count. He felt he had mastered the basic maneuvers. It was just going through the motions enough times to catch green on the metaphorical roulette wheel.

K0vbCA1B
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,916 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2022 4:53:17 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
This was it. The MAGIKARP SPLASH. Rated a daunting CHALLENGE 20 in difficulty, this trick's trouble came not from the three quick twists at its start, but the Splash-like finisher had to be performed at the very peak of the Mantine's jump, with split-second timing. Maybe ahe would luck out and get it first try?

pPszcNSY
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,904 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2022 5:13:16 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
Exhilaration poured through his veins as they managed to land the coveted Magikarp Splash move, and Amor could feel his heart pounding. One of the hardest tricks was now down, and over. So they could start to work on the next one, already he could feel his blood pumping, he was raring to get going. "Alright let's try an Over the Gyrados!" He stated as they started the next trick.

JqkqfzVG

Total Points: 7850
Gorebyss Spin
Primarina Twist
Starmie
Magikarp Splash
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,402 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2022 5:17:02 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Neither of those planned work, so how about this? We're getting a 75 on the dot. Exactly 75. Just enough to win the day. 1 in 100 chance. Total called shot, c'mon, it's happening. It's Starmie time![break][break]

vtce8Pf8

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]9000 POINTS / Starmie 720

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#d9b800;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

oslo

the one-eyed wolf
he/him
april 1st
montenevera, paldea
bisexual
ANVIL mercenary
grunt
late nights
and love bites
6'6" height
6'6" height
you got me dancing in the dark, hit the lights with a blackout
awards
250 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cade
Cade Atreides
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2022 5:23:11 GMT
Cade Atreides Avatar

Today he takes some time to swim around with Gaspacho. The rental Mantine looks forward to their outings these days. Once they're ready, however, they set out to ride a wave and attempt a new trick.

attempts the LANTURN 360!

bJC63YIX

POINT TOTAL: 10750 PTS
CROWNS: 4

MANTINE SURFING + 🏄

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
MERCURIAL
in my solitude
6'1" height
6'1" height
I picked the stitches, now I can't stop bleeding
awards
2,630 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2022 5:32:04 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrianwt"]
[attr="class","adrianwtw"]Today he would overcome the odds.[break][break]

Ignoring the fact Adrian already rolled 91 and then 75, with a high probability of a lower roll pending, Adrian paddled lightly against the waves as his Mantine ferried him towards the next wave piling up towards the shore...[break][break]

STARMIE 720
[break]

ywOJVZeb

[attr="class","adrianwttag"]MANTINE SURFING (7500)

[attr="class","adrianwtpokes"][break]

[newclass=.adrianwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwt b] color: #723849; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwt a] text-decoration: none; color: #723849!important; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #723849; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; adrian-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #723849; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #723849!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #723849; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #723849; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #723849; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
private investigator
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,617 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2022 5:50:44 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
it shouldn't really be a question on how many times kyle is willing to do it, but how many times does he need to try in order to perfect the move.

he gets on the mantine again after the last try. a huntail/gorebyss spin shouldn't be too hard given that a lot of people have already done it. he's not special, but it shouldn't be a too difficult of a trick if there's more than three people that have already achieved such feat.

with another try, he attempts the trick.

tVGPNWeE
lanturn 360

8/2 - magikarp splash (+5000)
8/6 - over-the-gyarados (+2500)
8/8 - starmie 720 (+1750)
8/9 - primarina twist (+1000)
8/11 - lanturn 360 (+500)
8/12 - gorebyss/huntail spin (+100)
@tags
close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2022 6:19:22 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
gabriel attempts another over the gyarados.

[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]dANsT4V6[break]

[attr="class","wizzcredit"]

[newclass=".gabe"] --accent:#b75d5d; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gabe"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .gabe blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .gabe blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-two
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmhand
ex-ranger captain
oh, honey
like the summer sunshine
6'5'' height
6'5'' height
BROKEN GLASS IN EVERY TREE
awards
1,117 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2022 6:34:06 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
just as terrible as the last attempt. or was he getting worse?

oh well. it was still fun.

"try it again! we'll nail it eventually."

they attempted the magikarp splash again.

Vm66fs_9

total points previous round: 2500
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
december 12
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief / con artist
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
but i still haven't found what i'm looking for
awards
735 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2022 6:36:08 GMT
nina larson Avatar
still couldn't get it. she was determined to get the last two, though. she wouldn't go home until she did.

"same thing, again."

over-the-gyarados.

XoNjGcl1

total points previous round: 3350
( 100 + 500 + 1000 + 1750 )
close tab

played by

mad

sage
she/her
twenty-eight
march 14th
pewter city, kanto
demisexual
retired soldier
ex lieutenant
52 height
52 height
the whispers in the trees are getting near
awards
363 posts
sagira mosse DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sagira
sagira mosse
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2022 6:41:02 GMT
sagira mosse Avatar
sage hadn't done any mantine surfing yet, but how hard could it be? she was plenty athletic. she could swim.

she got on a mantine, practiced, and then lined up to have a real go at it.

"starmie 720."

W9gYopCP

total points previous round: --
close tab

played by

mad

iseult
she/her
august 27
laverre city
demisexual
league intern / student
civilian
25 height
25 height
we survive only by our nature
awards
172 posts
part of
TAG WITH @iseult
iseult babineaux
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2022 6:43:08 GMT
iseult babineaux Avatar
an absolutely awful failure. the worst yet so far, maybe? now, though, she was becoming less discouraged and more determined.

"over-the-gyarados."

aKlzMN0m

total points previous round: 2850
( 100 + 100 + 1750 )
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,725 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2022 6:47:04 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

"again! shit."

yet again, they'd attempt the magikarp splash. she launched into the air, enraged...

YXe9bWob

total points previous round: 0
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS