awards
5,064 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
MANTINE SURFING (SPLASHFEST)
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 15:21:53 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

It was now, officially, Mantine from Hell™ hours now.

Sometimes the screaming was early in the morning.

Oftentimes it pierced through the air closer to sunset.

Today, though?

Well, he couldn’t help but grit his teeth as the Mantine swam out as fast as it could manage before…

Magikarp Splash, let’s go!

aBFb3YhS

total points so far: 15,850

date: 21 August

@tag

close tab

played by

Ceej

Sy, Bless
He/Him
july 14
lilycove city, hoenn
bisexual
Himbo
Civillian
am i running out of lifelines?
awards
235 posts
part of
TAG WITH @symon
symon blessing
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 15:40:36 GMT
symon blessing Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Oh, god, his lungs were starting to hurt. If he didn't hit this trick soon he was going to pass out, or something.

Magikarp Splash !

xoSv0oM5

not this again (failed)
point total: 3500

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

Kep
He/him
March 03
Alamos, Sinnoh
Homosexual
boy genius
Associate Scientist
nature, nuture
heaven and home
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
sum of all and by them driven
awards
494 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kepler
kepler brueshaber
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 16:37:46 GMT
kepler brueshaber Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Aaaaand back to being really sucky at this. Dang!

Over-the-Gyarados !

T|uCTDun

fail
point total: 5000

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
A keen mind cuts deeper than even the sharpest sword.
awards
1,033 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 16:48:33 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_lyrics"]Live in the sunshine, swim in the sea
[attr="class","aurelie_body"]It was a little odd that, after so many trials and travails at Mantine surfing, Aurelie had no particular misgivings toward Mantines as a whole, but she was starting to develop a certain antipathy towards Magikarp. It probably helped the Mantines that they had patiently and willingly carried her across the waves through both successes and failures, while the Magikarp Splash was just a source of frustration, at once alluring attainable yet forever out of reach. Besides, the Mantines were cute. She could only hope the Mantine she was surfing on today would carry her to victory, rather than yet another wipeout.

[attr="class","aurelie_tag"]

EhhxmImi
Failed the Magikarp Splash (argh, so close!)
Total points: 6350
Completed the Gorebyss Spin, Lanturn 360 (2), Primarina Twist, Starmie 720, Over-the-Gyarados

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.aurelie]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#862939;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_lyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_body]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:14px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;color:#aaa;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag]text-align:center;font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag a]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

NONNIE, NYX
HE/HIM
December 12
Ballonlea, Galar
andressexual
Enforcer
GRUNT
in the low lamplight i was free, heaven and hell were words to me
awards
613 posts
onyx straub DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @straub
onyx straub
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 17:12:41 GMT
onyx straub Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

What did it say about him that he could hit the hardest maneuver and not the easier ones? That he was a tryhard?

Over-the-Gyarados !

1NFDFSqf

SUCCESS :PRAY:
point total: 7500

close tab

played by

Ceej

the nightingale
He/him
December 4th
Wedgehurst, Galar
Homosexual
Professor?
Grunt
in the low lamp light i was free / heaven and hell were words to me
awards
106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nightingale
thomas nightingale
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 17:30:30 GMT
thomas nightingale Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

He was definitely going to need lots of painkillers after this, and at least a bottle of brandy.

Magikarp Splash !

dgdkVpwf

fail
point total: 0

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,357 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 17:34:51 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
he's not a quitter, so no matter how many mistakes he's been doing, priam's not going to give up on trying the fabled magikarp splash ever!

not that he's actually failing though. he's just doing it on purpose!

9pybuYW1
magikarp splash

@tags
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,498 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 17:37:57 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar
"I will get this trick down, even if it's the end of me.", muttered Thomas as he rode the wave on the back of the Mantine. It was another attempt at the Magikarp Splash. Strange as it was for someone like him, the Kalosian wouldn't let this go.

35fD1O|Y

Oh fuck lol

close tab

played by

aero

wolfy
he/him
december 6
azalea town, johto
bisexual
mechanic
baker boy
dating
94 height
94 height
awards
385 posts
part of
TAG WITH @wolfgang
wolfgang volkov
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 17:59:12 GMT
wolfgang volkov Avatar
does he really need to do the trick again? of course. it's a matter of pride at this point, he convinces himself.

sSp29_Mi
magikarp splash

7/30 - +5000 (magikarp splash)
8/1 - +2500 (over-the-gyarados)
8/6 - +1750 (starmie 720)
8/7 - +1000 (primarina twist)
8/8 - +500 (lanturn 360)
8/9 - +100 (gorebyss/huntail spin)

total: 10850
@tags
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,231 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 20:26:09 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","razzsummer"]
[attr="class","razzsummer1"]
[attr="class","razzsummerimg"]

[attr="class","razzsummertop"]
SPLASHFEST
[attr="class","razzsummermid"]
[attr="class","razzsummermid2"]
[attr="class","razzsummermid3"]

That last failure definably hurt, but if nothing else he considered himself a semi quick recoveree. Thankful to the Mantine for at least understanding in needing to wait for him before trying again

[break][break]
rVPtNwLZ [break] 8/20[break]

[break]
~Attempts a OVER-THE-GYARADOS~~[break]
Total: 7750 [break]

HUNTAIL SPIN [break]
LANTURN 360 [break]
PRIMARINA TWIST [break]
STARMIE 720
[break]
OVER-THE-GYARADOS [break]
Magikarp SPLASH

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Roboto:400,700][googlefont=Raleway:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Inconsolata][googlefont=Roboto Mono:300,400,700]
[newclass=.razzsummer]border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;width:525px;background-color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzsummer1]border-left:solid 75px #eeeeee;color:#999999;text-align:justify;padding-top:20px;padding-bottom:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzsummerimg]border:solid 1px #151515;background-color:#1a1a1a;padding:4px;margin:20px;margin-top:0px;height:200px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzsummerimg div]position:absolute;height:200px;width:400px;font:25px Raleway;font-weight:300!important;line-height:200px;text-align:center;color:#ffffff;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px rgba(0,0,0,.1);z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzsummerimg div b]font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzsummerimg img]height:200px;width:400px;opacity:.85;[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzsummermid]padding:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzsummermid2]padding:25px;border:solid 1px #151515; background-color:#242424; font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".razzsummermid2 b"]color:#4aaaea;[/newclass]
[newclass=".razzsummermid2 i"]font-weight:bold;color:#eee [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzsummermid3 div]border-bottom:solid 2px #151515; margin-bottom:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzsummermid3]padding-right:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzsummertop]border-top:solid 1px #4aaaea; border-bottom:solid 1px #4aaaea; background-color:#1a1a1a; font:20px Impact;line-height:15px letter-spacing:1.3px; color:#ffdeb1; text-align:right; text-transform:uppercase; padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzsummerbot]border-top:solid 1px #4aaaea;border-bottom:solid 1px #4aaaea;background-color:#1a1a1a;padding:25px;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzsummerbot div] margin-left:10px; font:10px Inconsolata; line-height:0px; padding-bottom:9px; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzsummerbot div b]color:#eee; border-bottom:solid 1px #4aaaea;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzsummerpoke] width:100%; padding:5px; background-color:#4aaaea; color:#eeeeee; font:40px Impact; line-height:15px; margin-bottom:5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 20:46:06 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
[attr="class","charactername"]
36 for @surfing
Locke breathed out a long sigh as Manta-Manta slowed down. Even the Mantine seemed to be getting a little disheartened by the fail streak.

"Come one, we can't wipe out every time! Let's try again!"

b7o9L4fI
- Attempting PRIMARINA TWIST
- Total points: 13850
- Completed MAGIKARP SPLASH, OVER-THE-GYARADOS, STARMIE 720, PRIMARINA TWIST (x3), LANTURN 360, & GOREBYSS/HUNTAIL SPIN
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]font-style:italic;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
887 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 21:22:42 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

"If this kills me, tell the kids that-BLRRRGHTERKGNTGTRKRT!"

Josh had been cut off in trying to communicate with in the middle of yet another failed Magikarp Splash. But luckily the Mantine would surface back up again, seeming to now be used to the pattern at this point. This fact also depressed him.

Well, nothing to it but to try again. He wasn't even trying to win the competition anymore. Now, this was for his pride.

@tag

6xcCUOtD

close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 23:44:24 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

Okay, lesson learned: There was such a thing as being too much like a Magikarp, even if you were trying to do the Magikarp Splash. So maybe she had to think of it as only being part of a Magikarp. Maybe a Magikarp mermaid?

[break][break]
oTQas4vc

[break]That actually almost worked! Her form still wasn't quite right, but she was at least able to do all the steps the trick required! Now she just needed to hone it!

[attr="class","julianotes"]

[break]Gorebyss Spin: +100
[break]Lanturn 360: +500
[break]Primarina Twist: +1000
[break]Starmie 720: +1750
[break]Over-the-Gyarados: +2500
[break]TOTAL: 5850

[attr="class","juliapokes"]

[newclass=.julia] width: 450px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julia b] color: #d49736; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia a] text-decoration: none; color: #d49736; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #d49736; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia i] color: #d49736; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliatag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.juliatag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.julianotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julianotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d49736; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julianotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliaw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.julia span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliapokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #d49736; padding: 5px; width: 440px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.juliapokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 2:27:41 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
it's time to surf! one magikarp splash wasn't enough, and two probably was, but a third would be nice.

he stands on top of the mantine again-- something that was made easier with each subsequent try. what doesn't get easier was the trick itself, however.

qgaLTD_g
magikarp splash

8/2 - magikarp splash (+5000)
8/6 - over-the-gyarados (+2500)
8/8 - starmie 720 (+1750)
8/9 - primarina twist (+1000)
8/11 - lanturn 360 (+500)
8/12 - gorebyss/huntail spin (+100)
8/20 - magikarp splash (+5000)

total: 15,850
@tags