lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
dinner in bed, and korean food, say ‘i love you’ just a little bit too soon.
awards
1,491 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
tagteam badge [lilycove]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2023 19:33:14 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]LILYCOVE GYM

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

VS. LAM
TAGTEAM BADGE
DOUBLES
TEAMWORK DRIVEN

GYM DETAILS

LILYCOVE’S GYM has recently reopened its doors under new leadership from . An innocuous building, the same repurposed warehouse near the Lilycove marina that was previously utilized has been cleaned up and freshly polished for use once more. However, a second battle pitch has been built outdoors along the beach shore nearby as well—both to make use of the sunny weather that Lilycove is known for as well as provide the opportunity for stronger weather-based maneuvers and the use of a natural water source, should the challenger opt for it. As a personal preference, it is not uncommon to find a Lam at the latter pitch, rather than the former, with open access to the air above.

EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVE

The primary goal of the Lilycove gym is to test and develop the trainer’s sense of synergy and ability to work as a team unit. Whether this is between trainers (both familiar and unfamiliar,) the Pokémon on the pitch, or a measure of the bond between trainer and Pokémon, it is important to evaluate the ability to adapt and manage team structure. The mark of a balanced trainer is not the ability to toss Pokémon together and scrape through, but how one plays to independent strengths in order to build a stronger collaborative whole.[break][break]

Those who do not win a challenge outright still have the opportunity to earn the Tagteam Badge if the following are demonstrated:[break][break]
  • cohesion
  • cooperation
  • flexibility
  • strategy
[break][break]

Victors will be awarded the Tagteam Badge along with a tm/tr for the move helping hand.

TRADITIONAL

Unsurprisingly, while this gym offers traditional battles like the rest, the nature of its focus calls for teamwork and is therefore DOUBLES EXCLUSIVE. Singles are not offered, though there are multiple avenues to approach the doubles format.[break][break]

For those who wish to take on this challenge alone, 2v2 (doubles) or 3v3 (triples) are the standard selections. If the challenger wishes to have more range on the field, 4v4 (doubles) can be selected, with two of the challenger’s Pokémon out on the field at any given time.[break][break]

The recommended method to approach this gym, though, is not alone, but with a partner! This gym provides the opportunity to strengthen the individual’s teamwork not only with their Pokémon, but also with their fellow trainers.[break][break]

Challengers may sign up with a friend/significant other/sparring partner/whoever in order to take on the gym together, in order to both be awarded success in the true spirit of the Tagteam Badge. Challengers in these matches may sign up with either one or two pokemon for 2v2 and 4v4 matches with two of the challengers’ pokemon out on the field at any given time (one each per character.)[break][break]

However! In reality, it is not always possible to choose the teammate we work with. In certain situations, the individual may find themself paired with unlikely company and unfamiliar Pokémon— in the case of those who do not sign up for this challenge with a friend, there is an opportunity to consent to a roulette pairing (flavored as challengers taking on this gym at the same time, or to similar effect.)[break][break]

These matches will be based on who signs up and opts yes to this format. Those who say no can be assured that they will retain their request for an independent challenge. Once a team is set up, it will function as the team matches listed above.
[break][break]

Whether through roulette or through a chosen partner, team battling is highly encouraged!

NON-TRADITIONAL

At present, the Lilycove gym leader is only accepting traditional format battles as he adjusts to the added responsibilities that come with a leadership position. But it might be possible that a non-traditional challenge is eventually added.

RULES

The following moves are banned from use: destiny bond and perish song, as is standard for most if not all gyms.[break][break]

All other gym regulations fall within the requirements listed in the Gym Challenge thread, found HERE. This includes the stipulation regarding 7-day timeframes, in order to keep the queue cycling through.[break][break]

At present, the queue is open to four challenges at a time. If two challengers sign up together or are placed together, this will be considered one challenge, since the result will be one thread— even if there are two potential victors. The total number of the queue may increase if time and availability allows.

SIGN-UPS

APPLICATIONS

TO APPLY FOR A GYM BATTLE, please fill out the form below (or simply post with the necessary information). please do not post when the queue is already full, for if you do, the request may be deleted or ignored. once the queue has a freed spot, you may post away! If you are signing up with a pre-determined battle partner, please sign up together in one post![break][break]

[blockquote]
[b]character tag:[/b] @tag[break]
[b]format:[/b][break]
[b]roulette:[/b] yes, no, n/a[break]
[b]pokemon:[/b]
[/blockquote]
[break][break]

QUEUE

HALL OF FAME

[break][break]

after you have been added to the queue,[break]
you may start the thread for the gym battle.

[newclass=".omgentop"]background-color:#69c9c0;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right,#69c9c0,#e68799);font:800 35px Poppins;font-weight:800!important;line-height:30px;text-align:left;padding:45px;letter-spacing:-2px;margin-bottom:7px;border-radius:3px; }[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,594 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
tagteam badge [lilycove]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2023 19:47:11 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar

character tag: [break]
format: 2v2[break]
roulette: yes - i wanna battle with someone else this is so cute!![break]
pokemon: below[break]
note: since temp is public rocket, he will use his civvie persona of Davey Jones!

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,626 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
tagteam badge [lilycove]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2023 19:57:49 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

format:2v2[break]
roulette: with , per discord[break]
pokemon: below

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Verdanturf Ranger Captain
Single and Ready to Mingle
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,591 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
tagteam badge [lilycove]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2023 20:12:33 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

roulette: can i has plox?[break]
pokemon:

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
tagteam badge [lilycove]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2023 20:16:22 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

roulette: it be time for GAME OF THRONES I mean plz[break]
pokemon: see below

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,491 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
tagteam badge [lilycove]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 18:42:26 GMT
lam logan Avatar

at the ready…

+

+

Please start your gym matches at your convenience in the Lilycove board and the game will be afoot!!
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,491 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
tagteam badge [lilycove]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 1:56:57 GMT
lam logan Avatar

at the ready…

+

Please start your gym matches at your convenience in the Lilycove board and the game will be afoot!!

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,054 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
tagteam badge [lilycove]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 3:56:35 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar

character tag: & [break]
roulette: yes[break]
pokemon: 2 manectric
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,858 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
tagteam badge [lilycove]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 15:51:23 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

format: 4v4 [break]
roulette: no[break]
pokemon: Dragonite, Iron Thorns, Magearna, Zeraora
close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
tagteam badge [lilycove]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2023 6:11:08 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar

format:4v4[break]
roulette: yes[break]
pokemon: Absol, Kommo'o
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
tagteam badge [lilycove]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 18:08:36 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar

character tag: ,
format: 4v4 tag battle
roulette: n/a
pokemon:
Isaac:
Zephyrus - Dragonite - Tera Fire - Multiscale - Draco Meteor, Hurricane, Springtide Storm, Thunder, Aqua Tail, Extremespeed, Rain Dance, Thunder Wave
Halberd - Corviknight - Mega Stone - Mirror Armor - Drill Peck, Steel Wing, Body Press, Power Trip, Hone Claws, Iron Defense, Wish
Caleb:
Lyra - Lapras - Mega Stone - Hydration + Shell Armor - Dragon Pulse, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Mist, Life Dew, Rain Dance
Nox - Lokix - Tera Electric - Swarm - First Impression, Brick Break, Lunge, Throat Chop, Endure, Detect
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
tagteam badge [lilycove]
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2023 14:19:17 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar

character tag: & [break]
format:4v4 doubles[break]
roulette: n/a[break]
pokemon:
Chomper the Hydreigon / levitate / draco meteor, outrage, crunch, fire fang, fly, work up, z-move
Sora the Salamence (with mega stone) / intimidate / dragon rush, fly, return, dragon dance, wish, protect
Kokusho the Hydreigon / levitate / frost breath, double team, flash cannon, charge beam, dragon pulse, dark pulse, flamethrower
Verte the Flygon / levitate / dragon breath, bulldoze, crunch, superpower, bug buzz, boomburst
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,206 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
tagteam badge [lilycove]
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2024 4:17:36 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

roulette: n/a[break]
pokemon: Navy: Nidoking[break]