awards
1,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
TALES BENEATH THE DYNA TREE (ROCKET)
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2024 2:22:11 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar came before the royal rabbit once again, looking a tad more sheepish than before. When he assumed that his highness was ready, Oscar would speak. "I uh, received some feedback from the higher ups. If I am gonna tell another story it has to be more 'professional' so uh, here ya go." Oscar straightened up, cleared his throat and began his tale.

"So this isn't my story, it's one of them campfire stories that my brother would pull out whenever we went camping. I thought it fit what you're lookin' for so--yeah I'll tell it to ya. Alright so it goes like this: An old man lay dying in a hospital bed. He spent his entire life as a doctor, yet ironically he couldn't do anything when he fell ill. No one could, it was pretty clear that his body was givin' up on him so he was just waitin' to die. One day a nurse comes in sayin' that his son was there to see him. The old man found this to be strange, as he never had a son. He plays along though and tells the nurse to go get him, and she does."

"The guy that walked in looked nothing like the old man. He was tall and thin as a wire hanger, with a big mess of frail blonde hair. He was covered in scars, they could be seen on his hands, arms, face, neck, all over. A fuckin' travesty of a human. When the nurse left them alone, the man would ask: 'Who are you? Why did you tell the nurse that you were my son?'"

"The stranger pulled up a chair next to the old man's bed before answering his question. 'Because I am, from a certain point of view. You delivered me.' He said, his voice as rough as the rest of him. 'You brought me into this world, it is because of you that I am here. You are the most important person in my life.' The old man was confused, unsure how to respond. The stranger continued, 'My parents were monsters you know. Terrible, terrible people. As soon as I was out of her, my mother would not stop drinking. My dad would often join her, and when they weren't laying into each other they would torment me for entertainment. My childhood is marked by cigarette burns and gashes that never healed correctly. Mercifully, the two would die in a car crash when I was five. I was taken into the foster care system, but I would never find a home. I went from place to place, handed off like used clothing. Not every family was bad, but I got a scar from each of them.'"

"The guy pointed to his facial scars. 'I got these when one family's dog attacked me. From then on I was shunned at school. I became a novelty to be mocked and pitied.' He raised his scarred arms. 'I got these while hiking with one family. My foster brother did not like me, so at the peak of the hike he pushed me off a cliff side. I didn't fall too far, but I landed on my arms and snapped them bad. The healing process left them looking like this, and I can't really lift anything or move my hands like a normal man can.' The stranger leaned in, his deformed face looming over the old man like the visage of death itself. 'It went on like that until I aged out of the system at eighteen. I thought once I was on my own I'd be free from whatever curse that had made my life unbearable thus far. Turns out the curse is living. Nothing ever goes right for me, jobs fall through my fingers like grains of sand. Relationships never last, no one can really get past just how miserable I am. I get sick often, I have no talent, I'm a true farce of a human. I hate this life, but I'm afraid to die. I'm stuck with nothing to turn my unending fury toward.'"

"The old man began to shiver. His heart was startin' to race, which could be heard from the monitor on the other side of his bed. He had no idea what this young man wanted, but he was starting to feel scared. The stranger seemed to recognize the old man's fear, and so he would not relent. 'I have been looking for someone to blame for my misery. At first it was myself because I'm responsible for all of my actions. I'm too much of a coward to harm myself though, and berating myself never solved anything. So I blamed my parents for conceiving me, but in the end I realized that they weren't responsible for my life. No, that crime falls upon you. You delivered me safely to this world, and therefore you are responsible for my pain. I tracked you down with the intent to kill you, but you're body's already beat me to it. So instead, I think I'll be satisfied just watching you die.'"

"The old man couldn't process which part of the stranger's monologue did him in, but his frail heart couldn't take it. It pulled the plug on itself, cutting his blood flow and causing him to seize up. The old man flailed softly for a few moments before going limp, the looming face of the stranger being the last thing he saw before everything went dark. The old man had indeed died, and the stranger finally felt satisfaction."

Oscar brushed his hands together before folding his arms. He gave the onlooking monarch a short bow before turning on his heels and walking away.
close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,774 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2024 7:41:47 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
He came again as the sun began to set over the crater walls of Sootopolis.

This time, the man lacked a hat. Instead, his hair was tied into a ponytail to keep the hair from his eyes while he signed off on paperwork. He had told his story to the king. He had fulfilled his duty to Rocket by humoring the ruler of the world, the king who ruled in the ephemeral dream of Avalon at the end of the great battle.

Yes, when this was was over, Calyrex would inherit the ashes and rule over them. It would be its duty to raise monuments to the past, to ensure that the past was not forgotten. Yet monuments could be torn down and history could be lost. There was one thing that stayed eternal in the great tapestry that was humanity:

Stories. The lifeblood of mankind.

Yet Howard had no story to tell. He came on his own accord, because nobody else could hear what he was going to say. Going to a king to speak treason was a dirty thing to do, yet not every story was a clean one. Some were dirty, stained with mud and grime. They had as much of a right to sit in a library of knowledge as any other tale.

"My king," Howard bowed, ponytail flopping slightly as he knelt. "I will tell you my story. This is not a confession. There is no need to seek forgiveness, nor do I request it. Sit, listen, and be merry. Let me tell you of Team Rocket."

He stood, coat swaying in the wind as he regarded the Calyrex. He weighed the words in his mouth and tasted them.

"Rocket consists of monsters. There is not a single good person within this organization. You will rule over a kingdom of black-hearted rogues. Do you realize that?" His voice was as soft as the breeze. "We aren't a group of misunderstood heroes. We've been wronged, broken, left out to dry, and now we take it out on the world itself."

'They', not 'we'. Howard would always be different from Team Rocket. There was no lie there. There was no contempt against the League, no rage against someone who had denied him. Everything stemmed back to history, in the end. It all led to that one passion he had, and how Rocket had fostered it.

They had let him study archaeology. Nobody else gave him a chance. Not , with his museum. Not , with his idealistic future and Zekrom. When he was down to his last vestiges of capital, nobody extended a hand.

Nobody but . Mint had given him everything.

He hated Mint. He had dragged Howard into the organization by saving him. The noose was too tight now. If he tried to leap to freedom, he'd only hang in the wind.

"I hate them all."

The bile in his voice was vast. It was poison that ran from his mouth, now. There was no talk of heroism, only of pity and self-loathing. No one person was good or bad. Everyone was a liar. Even him.

"They're all inhuman and broken by circumstance."

His fellow colleagues in , , and disgusted him. Fern was a liar. Jayden hated himself and took it out on everyone. Barnaby was a snake who whispered into your ear. All of them were at his rank. All of them were guilty. Each of them would perish in time.

was vindictive. She was the biggest liar of them all.

"You are a king. You have a duty to your crown, and to your people." Howard took a deep breath and sighed, his breath frosting in the air like a vindictive ghost. "There's another tree in Ever Grande. Did you know that?"

He wondered if there was another Calyrex there. It seemed likely. Why else would another Dyna Tree sprout up?

"If you are a king, you have a duty to represent those you rule over." Howard frowned. "You must be greater than every subject, yet lesser than the smallest babe. The greatest kings have their names echo through history, but barely anyone knows a fact about them. You must become so engraved into history that you become a concept that echoes into the far future."

Yes, the far future.

"So you must represent Rocket. You'll laugh louder than us, fight harder than us, and act greater than us. Congratulations, you are Rocket. That is your purpose, now."

Calyrex would become him. Another cog in this great machine that was Rocket. At the end of the dawn, Calyrex's name would ring on. Howard's would, as well. He would not become a page in the victor's history book.

"I'm thinking..." his voice became hesitant for a moment. The words 'of leaving Rocket' almost passed his lips.

No.

That would never happen.

"I will take my leave, your grace. I hope you dream of the finest tales in the land."

With that, the archaeologist disappeared back to Sootopolis.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,911 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2024 8:00:37 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]TALES BENEATH[break]THE DYNA TREE (ROCKET)

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

SCHEDULED END: FEBRUARY 29TH, 11:59PM PST
LIMITED TIME EVENT
ROCKET ONLY

[player]https://file.garden/ZXZrnWMYuz15frfJ/HOENN%20MUSIC/CALYREX%20THEME.mp3[/player]
[break]

🎼 Calyrex Theme - Pokemon Sword and Shield

SOOTOPOLIS CITY

THE CALYREX MULLS OVER THE VENGEFUL FABLES. This region is not free of evils. The unjust. Much must be done to ensure this kingdom's legacy lives in a righteous land. The King believes it has heard tales from the wronged, the downtrodden and forgotten. Fate has called upon the King to bloom here.[break][break]

"the realm of hoenn requires correction, a firm and just hand to reign and purge its depths of all malevolence." Speaks the next unlucky vessel for the Calyrex.[break][break]

The Calyrex returns to the tree to rest. After a day or two, the King returns, ready to receive more stories.

WEEKLY PROMPT

WEEKLY PROMPT

THE CALYREX AWAITS YOUR STORY. Like fabled bards, your character may recite a story to CALYREX. It does not matter if the tale is fiction or not. However, every week or so, there will be a new PROMPT for your characters to revolve their stories around. ICly, the CALYREX will receive all kinds of stories throughout the month.[break][break]

Throughout your character's spoken story (they must speak it, for oration is essential for memetic canonization), the CALYREX will listening intently. Afterward, the Hare King will express its gratitude with an emphatic "Cro rown!"

PROMPT FOR 2/18-2/24
[break][break]
Tell me a story of...[break][break]
  • Nightmares (fears) and/or legacy OR

• *Ghost and steel.

*Reference a ghost-type and steel-type Pokemon, move, or the element in general, etc.

[break][break][break]

REWARD FOR 2/18-2/24

[img src="https://i.ibb.co/KN0zpr0/NORMAL-TERA-SHARD.png" style="float:none;box-shadow:none;border:none" title="1x TERA SHARD OF YOUR CHOICE"][img src="https://raw.githubusercontent.com/msikma/pokesprite/master/items/tm/water.png" style="float:none;box-shadow:none;border:none" title="1X EGG TUTOR"]

INSTRUCTIONS
DEADLINE

INSTRUCTIONS

THIS LIMITED TIME EVENT will last until the end of the month, updating every week. Please heed the following rules.[break][break]

• This is ROCKET'S DYNA TREE; League characters can participate in this thread.
  • [break]
  • ALL OF YOUR CHARACTERS can participate.
  • [break]
  • A DYNAMAX CANDY will be given to characters who PARTICIPATE IN ALL FOUR PROMPTS (2/2-2/10, 2/11-2/17, 2/18-2/24, 2/25-2/29).
  • [break]
  • One-liners or low effort posts will not be counted for the prompt.
  • [break]
  • Rewards you earn can be IMMEDIATELY PLACED INTO YOUR PC without a Site Shop post.
  • [break]
  • You can only POST ONCE PER WEEK/PROMPT.
  • [break]

THIS LIMITED TIME EVENT WILL END FEBRUARY 29TH, 11:59PM PST.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,598 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2024 9:07:18 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

A routine. A sandwich half passed to the forgotten king.[break][break]

Tempest slides down the tree, sitting in quiet contemplation as he and Calyrex enjoy their shared lunch.[break][break]

"Nightmares and Legacy this time? Why do you want all this dark stuff. I thought someone like you would want some like... knights and princesses and shit."[break][break]

Silence permeates as Tempest mulls over what story to tell. By the time they're only left with crumbs, tin foiled wrapped up tight in his pocket, he glances over.[break][break]

"I have a lot of stories I could tell... but I kind of want to be selfish this time. Sorry about that."[break][break]

Sitting up, Tempest crosses his legs in front of him and stares at his fingers for a long moment before speaking again.[break][break]

"The Hoyeon, the closest thing we have to 'Kings' are called 'Sachem'. My father is the Sachem of the Children of the Sea... so I guess I'm the equivalent of a prince. But... not really? We don't view being the Sachem the same way a lot of people view kings. Kings have all this greater power. What a King says goes. A King says kneel and you kneel. But Sachem, we don't do that. Our people defer to us, but we stand tall with them. We live with them and cry with them. During tough times, a Sachem eats last so his people can have more. We sacrifice."[break][break]

"Cro own."[break][break]

"Hm. Sorry if that's insulting. Kings and royalty just have a certain reputation."[break][break]

A small grin, not really sorry, but he quiets again. A breeze brushes through the tree, leaves rustling.[break][break]

"... It's hard to have all that expectation placed on your shoulders. There are people who don't respect me as the Sachem heir. I'm only half Hoyeon; my mom was from Kalos. Then there was the messy business with my dad....[break][break]

"My dad was the youngest of three sons. My Uncle Kaleo was supposed to be the Sachem. If something ever happened to him, it was supposed to be Uncle Kelani. No one ever thought my dad would end up being Sachem.[break][break]

"So my grandma put most of the effort into teaching Uncle Kaleo to be Sachem. She thought him all the stories and duties. Uncle Kelani got a bit more attention, but he didn't get as much. My dad learned the basics but not very much. As a young man he went to Slateport with a lot of other young adults to make money and send home. He told me once that he never expected to ever be a leader.[break][break]

"But then... there was a big storm. My family are fishers by trade. The boat sank. My grandma, grandma, both uncles, and a few of my older cousins were just... gone. It was just dad.[break][break]

"So the life he tried to hard to build in Slateport... he had to make a choice. He could stay in Slateport and out Mother not have a Sachem... or he could go back to Pacifilog, even if he didn't really understand how to be a leader. In the end, his culture meant more to him so he went back. Then he met my mom, and now...."
[break][break]

Tempest motions to himself.[break][break]

"I don't really want to be the Sachem. I always feel... like I'm not enough. Like I won't ever be enough. So much of our culture was lost, and I always just feel like I'm grasping at straws."[break][break]

"Cro own..."[break][break]

A deep breath. Tempest straightens his shoulders again. Physically shakes off his doubt as he stands up.[break][break]

"I am going to be a good leader for them. I will do what I can for them. My culture will not die under me." Turning to Calyrex, Tempest gave the pokemon a toothy grin. "You'll be coming to me for advice. Don't forget to look to your people when you're trying to build your own legacy up, big head."[break][break]

"Cro own!"

[attr="class","tag"]@ tales beneath

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 week three: nightmares and legaacy

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2024 20:25:53 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

We are the malevolent ones.[break][break]

Cillian traps the words behind a curled tongue. If Calyrex saw Rocket as misjudged, downtrodden, perhaps it would lend them its aid. It would bode ill for him if he said anything that suggested it do otherwise.[break][break]

So, in a few days time, he sits next to the King once more.[break][break]

"I wonder if they realise we have nightmares, too?"[break][break]

They. The League. But Cillian doesn't clarify.[break][break]

"I don't regret Kanto. I know I should. Morally, I should. But it's a part of me, as much as anything I've done." His unwanted trip through time had only affirmed those beliefs. Absent of anything he'd suffered or inflicted, he'd be a different person. Dark as he was, he did not hate himself. "But that doesn't stop the nightmares. I dream of it burning. I can taste the ash in the back of my throat. I wake up sweating, with their screams echoing in my head. It haunts me, too."[break][break]

Yet he didn't regret it. Funny how that worked.[break][break]

"I want Hoenn to be different. I don't want to rule over ash and ruin." He drops his voice to ensure the next words are heard by Calyrex alone. "But I do want to rule, you know. Over Hoenn."[break][break]

Whispered like a secret, he can only hope its kept between them, "Over Rocket."[break][break]

OF NIGHTMARES AND LEGACY

[break][break]
[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
A keen mind cuts deeper than even the sharpest sword.
awards
1,018 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2024 0:20:18 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_lyrics"]Storytelling is the most powerful way
to put ideas into the world.
[attr="class","aurelie_body"]Aurelie winced as she approached the Calyrex, whose speech had struck her as a little too...dictatorial for her liking. Correction? A firm hand? Purging the land of malevolence? It all sounded like something that would start off with good intentions but culminate in tragedy.

She wondered how much the Calyrex's grim outlook was influenced by the memory of being killed by in that dream version of Galar. It made sense that dying was something that you couldn't easily forget or shrug off. Something that haunted your mind and poisoned your thoughts long afterward.

Pursing her lips, she remembered their lives in that memory of medieval Galar. How frightening and alien that world had been, yet how peaceful, somehow. Even happy, for many. Taking a deep breath, she began another story.

There was a clan of Mismagius and another clan of Klinklangs that had been at war with each other as long as anyone could recall, seemingly since the dawn of history. The two clans fought each constantly. When they weren't fighting, they would sabotage and undermine each other, seeking nothing less than each other's destruction.

One winter day, an army of magical Mismagius faced off against an army of mechanical Klinklangs. As they charged forward, though, an interdimensional rift suddenly opened up in the air. Crying out in fear, both armies were sucked through before they could even react and sent tumbling through the aether.

Finally, they plummeted into a different land: a land that no one recognized, a land that didn't obey any rules they knew of. Within this land loomed a new enemy: a seemingly endless horde of fierce, ruthless Houndoom that sought to wipe them out—both Mismagius and Klinklang alike.

Faced with a common enemy, the two clans first closed ranks and assumed separate defensive postures. At times, the Mismagius and the Klinklangs would send scouting or raiding parties against either or both. They both hoped they could withstand and fight off each other and the Houndooms.

But matters came to a head when all the factions finally confronted each other in a chaotic three-way battle. Fighting on two fronts, the Mismagius and Klinklangs were slowly being overrun. After getting separated from their clans, one Mismagius and Klinklang found themselves fighting back-to-back against a veritable Houndoom horde.

Instead of turning on each other, they simply kept fighting off the Houndooms. ZAP CANNONS, HYPER BEAMS, and POWER GEMS shot through the air, slowly carving through the horde. Slowly, others came to support them from either side. Everyone got to see the two Pokemon fighting in cooperation, rather than conflict, and witness for themselves the results in the forms of the fainting and fleeing Houndooms.

In the end, the Houndooms were driven off, and the two clans had survived, at great cost. In tribute to the example set by the valiant Mismagius and Klinklang pair, their clans declared an uneasy truce. The war had begun so long ago that no one even knew the original casus belli anymore, and they had a far worse enemy to face.

What started out as a truce became a ceasefire, then a diplomatic treaty, then occasional aid, and then sincere and supportive collaboration. They never quite became friends, but they did become allies. The Houndoom horde was forced to retreat, and something almost like peace was established.

There was much to fear in this land, but one thing the Mismagius and Klinklangs learned alike was that for once, they didn't have to fear each other. The eons-long nightmare of their war was over—but at the price that neither Pokemon clan would ever be able to return home.

[attr="class","aurelie_tag"]

Prompt: Tell a story of Ghost and Steel.
Week: 2/18-2/24

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.aurelie]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#862939;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_lyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_body]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:14px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;color:#aaa;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag]text-align:center;font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag a]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2024 5:29:22 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","becky underbossbeck"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"fear can be a powerful motivator.[break][break]

"in kanto, fear was used as the foundation for loyalty and obedience. we were taught to instill fear into all our personnel, thinking it would be enough to keep them chained to our cause for life. it worked until it didn't, though i suspect it never truly worked at all. why? because fear isn't sustainable.[break][break]

"fear invites challenge. it is in our nature to fight it, to prove our resilience and overcome it. to make fear effective, you have to have an absence of hope, but i have found that to be near impossible. humans will always fight. we are beings of conflict both internal and external, we seek it out as though we need it to survive, as though we need it to feel a sense of purpose.[break][break]

"we learned a little too late that loyalty cannot be instilled through fear. instead, loyalty needs to be earned through trust. that is the pivot team rocket's hoenn branch is currently undergoing. it is a needed pivot, one that should make our goals here sustainable.[break][break]

"as for my own fears...i fear a lack of purpose."
[break][break]

FEAR

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".underbossbeck"] --accent:#716075!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".becky"] --accent: #716075 } .becky b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .becky i { font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; } .becky { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .becky .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .becky .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .becky .body span { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; } .becky .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .becky .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".becky .oocnotes"] border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding-top:15px; width:200px; margin:10px auto 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".becky .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .becky .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .becky .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
There are more things in heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy
awards
533 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2024 15:33:58 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]
[attr="class","nenet1body"]

In a small village, tucked away from the world, lived a Rockruff with his owner. The Rockruff was a playful little thing, but also quite naughty. Despite being told again and again that the villagers did not enjoy being chased for the sport of it, barked at, or have their pants legs tugged upon Rockruff never listened.
[break][break]
Every day he woke up and went out into the village to find someone to play with. Every day he chased a boy, or tugged someone's clothing, or barked just a little too loudly and scared the children.
[break][break]
Finally, the Rockruff's owner had enough once enough of his fellow villagers complained. He took a bell and tied it around the little Rockruff's neck, which Rockruff thought looked quite fancy.
[break][break]
Proud of his new collar and bell, Rockruff pranced everywhere he went, unaware he was warning away the villagers of his arrival.
[break][break]
Even though he had a pretty bell to show the villagers, Rockruff never found anyone to come and see. Dejected, he slinked home and sat alone with his legacy for mischief.

NOTES

- Tales Beneath the Dyna Tree.[break]
- Week 2/18-2/24.[break]
- Prompt: Tell me a story of nightmares (fears) or legacy.

[attr="class","nenet1pkmn"]

[attr="class","nenet1credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".nenet1"]--accent:#EDE574;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2024 17:58:52 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar would reappear to share yet another story with the monarch. He approached with his usual casual demeanor, perhaps still not taking the rank of this cabbage hare seriously. Still, he would try to show a little respect by bowing toward its majesty before addressing it. "Hey highness, glad to get the chance to regale you again. Goin' for an actual written story this time, like a fairy tale from a book. I think it sheds a lota light on the nature of leadership and monarchs within our world and whatnot. Disclaimer though, this has nothing to do with you, okay? Any negativity toward nobility depicted in this tale doesn't apply to you. You're pretty cool. Don't want you getting anxious while you're listening. Anyway, let's fuckin' start already."

"...Fuck I forgot the book. Alright no problem, I got it memorized. Prose might be a little casual though. Okay, once upon a time there was an evil king. From the day he took the crown he was nothin' but a tyrant. Taxes were higher than ever before, the problems of his subjects would go unanswered, and his only care was entertaining himself with carnal pleasures. The peasants of the local villages were his playthings, and he would round them up to be tormented within his dark castle. While his subjects starved, he would throw lavish feasts for himself and the other nobles. He was cruel for the sake of being cruel, because it made him feel strong. Yada yada yada, it goes like this for a bit. Long story short, he was a huge douche."

"One night the king would have a dream. In this dream he saw himself as a statue within a town square. The townspeople paid him no reverence as they passed by though, they ignored him and went about their day. No offerings, no moments of reflection, just cold indifference. When he awoke, the king felt a twinge of fear. Was his destiny to be forgotten? Would the generations of the future revere him as he deserved? He then and there resolved to create a monument to his greatness, so that his legacy would be secured."

"So he gathered up all of the artisans of the kingdom and demanded that they think of a monument that would suit his grandeur. They offered statues and temples and shrines and towers, but none of it was good enough for the king. He wanted something that could never be forgotten. When all of the ideas were shared and he was still unsatisfied, one artist would suggest something completely insane. They should build all of them, he said. A tower, a temple, a shrine, all of it at once. Make a gigantic cluster of monuments to the king's majesty. The king liked this idea, and demanded that it be done. All of the ideas--and once."

"So they got to work, and the king enlisted every man he could within the kingdom to build his absurd monument. The coffers of his kingdom were bled dry, yet still he demanded progress. Men dies by the hundreds constructing the various wonders, yet still he demanded progress. Enemies from within and without began preying on his kingdom while it was vulnerable, yet still he demanded progress. He wanted to be remembered by all peoples of the world, forever. Through plagues, and harsh winters, and famines they would work. Through days and nights, building temples and shrines and statues and towers for the king."

"Then it all stopped. There were no more men to work on the monument, no more artisans to guide the vision of its construction. The kingdom had been ruined, and the king himself sat ill and old upon his deathbed. He felt satisfied in his endeavor, sincerely believing that he would be remembered for the massive web of structures built in his name. He died without fanfare, his body buried and unmarked. The kingdom fell apart and was absorbed by other empires. When the new rulers of the land came upon the monument, they had no idea what it was for. They just believed it to be an eyesore. So they demolished it and used the materials to build other structures they actually needed. To this day, the king has no name."

Oscar clapped his hands together, "What's the moral you may ask? I dunno somethin' about how legacies are created from good actions and not big monuments and shit. Something to think about I guess." Oscar gave a little bow before once more walking away.
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,376 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 19:52:26 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa2"]
[attr="class","top"]

(TW: Allusions to Suicide/Murder.)

[break]
In an island kingdom far across the sea, there was a selfish and unfeeling prince who learned to be a cold and cruel king.[break][break]

He had been taught, from his father before him, that the greatest weakness a king could know was to entrust his heart to another. "Do not be weak," his father had demanded on his deathbed, "for you must never give another the power to harm you, not in any way that matters." The prince took this lesson to heart, trusting nothing and no one.[break][break]

He abandoned the friends he'd made in the court. He broke the heart of his betrothed, dismissing her and caring nothing for where her grief might take her. He steeled himself against the world and all its earthly pleasures, ruling without offering others a glimpse of his own vulnerability and humanity.[break][break]

But ruling is a lonely endeavor, and kings especially are not meant to rule alone.[break][break]

Unable to sleep one moonlit night, he wandered the shore outside his castle, where an eerie and sorrowful melody of a woman's singing greeted him. It was a song of love and loss, and though the king had known neither in his lifetime, the sound of it moved him deeply.[break][break]

If you did not trust others, you never knew what it was to love them. If you did not allow yourself to love, you did not understand the truest grief of loss. To hear of both felt like insight into a world he had never seen before.[break][break]

He could not find the source of the music, however, for a thick and powerful pink fog obscured his sight. The more he pursued the origin of the song, the more the night refused his advance. A splash in the waves signaled the abrupt end of the song, and mystified, he returned to his castle alone.[break][break]

When the moon waned in its brilliance and the song did not return, he thought it merely an odd, peculiar dream. But the next time the moon waxed to its fullest, the siren song returned in all its haunting tenor.[break][break]

Lost in the solitude of his unhappiness, he was helpless to its allure.[break][break]

This time, as he parted the strange pink mist that blocked his path, he saw a white-haired woman reclined against a rock on the shore, her skin damp and glistening as if she'd emerged from the water. She paused in her song, smiling up at him mournfully. "Ah, I see you cannot sleep," the maiden of the sea said, and her eyes conveyed a pity and a sadness the king didn't understand. "It has been some time since I have slept well, I am afraid. What do you search for on my shore, Your Highness?"[break][break]

It was a question he himself didn't know the answer to, except that the pull of her was irresistible to him. Without meaning to, he felt himself drawn all the more to the mystery of her -- as if they were the only two creatures on this island that existed at all.[break][break]

"I seek an escape from my thoughts," the king confessed, and when she smiled, he felt as if he'd been forgiven for all the faults he'd ever had. "And you?"[break][break]

"I bear the weight of being alone and unwanted. It has been many years since anyone asked for my company," she said. "I would gladly share yours."[break][break]

And so every full moon, he would retreat to this place on the shore, sharing the forbidden thoughts and anxieties he had forever locked away in the deepest recesses of his heart. Purged of such insecurity, and soothed by the gentle words of the stranger who disappeared like sea foam into the night, he found his heart greatly lightened.[break][break]

The mysterious woman never gave him her name, and never asked anything of him but his company. She was the first person who had never asked anything of the king at all, and that relieved him greatly.[break][break]

One day, however, a visiting princess had arrived in order to discuss the possibility of a marital agreement to bind their two island kingdoms. His uncaring nature made him an ideal suitor, she'd thought, for such a politically auspicious match.[break][break]

Yet within minutes of meeting with the king all had proclaimed to be distant and cold, she shrewdly deduced that his heart lied elsewhere, to her own astonishment and irritation.[break][break]

"Who is it that has enraptured you so, I wonder?" the sly princess prodded, but the king denied the allegations. Undeterred by this unknown obstacle, she hatched a plan during her stay to follow the king and discover the rival to her wealth and her kingdom's glory.[break][break]

Bribing the servants revealed that trails of sand had been known to dirty the hallways after nights of the full moon, and that many suspected the king to be haunted by sleepwalking. He sang odd songs that no one recognized when he thought himself to be alone, sorrowful songs of loss and love that didn't match the hardened man they'd served.[break][break]

A full moon happened to fall that night, and when she saw the king slip away, the princess followed him like a shadow in the night.[break][break]

What she saw defied all understanding and reason, for the king spoke to no one at all that night. No woman sat reclined against the rock that was their meeting place; no sorrowful, lilting song summoned the princess here as it had summoned him.[break][break]

"The king is mad," the princess whispered to herself in horror, and she stepped forward then, made bold by this discovery. "Your Majesty," she called, "come back to the castle, for it is dark, and the sea is dangerous at night."[break][break]

"You followed me?" The king blinked at her in confusion, and at this, her greatest fears were confirmed. He was, indeed, mad with moonlight, and in this moment the madness turned to rage. "What audacity! How dare you intrude on what we have?"[break][break]

He gestured to the strange white-haired woman beside him, and the princess looked blankly upon him, choosing her words carefully.[break][break]

"We? You must be dreaming, Your Majesty, for only you and I are here. I see no one here at all in the water." She turned to go, saying softly, "I will call for the royal physician, and he will tend to you. The night plays tricks on us, sometimes."[break][break]

It was then that he heard a splash in the water, and a sinking dread accompanied it, knowing that his companion had fled them both at this intruder's presence.[break][break]

To have this small joy denied to him early, when the full moon was so fleeting a thing, infuriated him.[break][break]

"You think I do not know what you are after?" The words bellowed out with a fury that startled his foreign visitor, and without a moment's warning, he reached forward to yank her back by the shoulders. "You miserable wretch! You have coveted my kingdom since you darkened my doorstep. You would turn my own people against me, with your poisonous lies!"[break][break]

He did not realize the force with which he grabbed her, or the sheer brutality of his own emotion as he dragged her back. The waves crashed and churned around them as the princess struggled to escape, but the vindictive nature of the sea itself whispered to him that all he desired was within reach, if he merely gave in to that temptation.[break][break]

Her head of golden hair disappeared beneath the black water as he held her thrashing body down, until the bubbles that betrayed her frantic breathing were silenced entirely. He said nothing to the servants upon his return, and feigned shock at her disappearance as much as anyone else. It was determined, finally, that she had grieved the king's indifference so much she had drowned herself in the waves.[break][break]

The king was content with this explanation, and felt no remorse at all. For indeed, as this story first promised you, he was a cold and cruel man.[break][break]

When the full moon returned at last, he practically leapt to the beach in his eagerness to reunite with his mysterious maiden. Her song sounded different, however, as he raced through the labyrinth of pink mist towards the shore. There was a new, discordant note in its melody; there was an anger intermingled with the sorrow.[break][break]

It was not one, but two mist-wreathed maidens who greeted him upon his arrival.[break][break]

The white-haired woman turned her back to him, denying him the view of her lunar beauty as tears streamed silently down her cheeks. Beside her, the fair-haired princess smiled bitterly, her ghostly skin shimmering with an otherworldly, sea-kissed radiance.[break][break]

"How can this be?" the king exclaimed in horror, and the drowned princess laughed with a spitefulness that sent chills down his spine. "You're dead. I watched you die. I..."[break][break]

"Killed you," he almost finished, but couldn't.[break][break]

"You poor, deluded fool," the dead princess cackled, and the gleam in her eyes echoed the madness she'd seen in his own. "What a fitting fate. Your cold and unfeeling heart feared giving itself to the living, so you consorted with the dead instead."[break][break]

"I must be dreaming," he whispered, denying her words, even as she laughed and laughed again. "She is alive, is she not? You alone are the ghost! You alone are the hellish nightmare that plagues me!"[break][break]

"Oh, my foolish king, did you ever wonder why her siren's song beckoned you and you alone?" How he yearned for her to cease in her laughter. "The woman whose love you denied so long ago drowned herself here. You ended her life as much as you ended mine. You chase the ghost felled by your own cruelty."[break][break]

Unable to fathom this, he shook his head vigorously, turning to see if the other maiden would rebuke this princess's claims. When she did not, he did what he had always silently longed to do but feared ever doing -- he reached through the mist for her, as if the touch of her hand would reassure him that all this was a cruel lie spouted by a jealous and wicked interloper.[break][break]

But when he reached for her hand, he felt nothing at all but empty air and then the touch of cold and unfeeling stone.[break][break]

What happened to the king afterwards is a subject of great debate. Some say he ended his existence to be with his beloved forever more; others say that he drowned himself out of guilt and horror at what his own cruelty had wrought. Some say the siren's song drove him to madness and he followed it blindly into the sea. And others still say that he was killed by both sirens, gleeful in their watery triumph, as punishment for his own sins against them.[break][break]

No one can say, in truth. For the sea is a fickle and vindictive creature, and its moods change like the tides.[break][break]

I leave you with this wisdom: we create our own nightmares, with the power of our own fears.

[attr="class","ooc"]
A TALE OF NIGHTMARES AND FEARS

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa2"] --accent:#db7093!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
awards
714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 20:31:08 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
"GAH!"

You awaken with a start, jerking upright as you glance about in a state of sheer panic. Then, slowly but surely, your senses begin to return to you. You're at the Dyna Tree, taking a comfortable mid-day nap in the shade as Doublade entertains "the king" with a fluffed-up retelling of your life story. Nothing is wrong. Everything is alright. It is not here. You're safe. For now.

Goddamned nightmares. They've gotten way worse ever since your injury. Used to be they only happened when you got your eight hours, but now? You can't even take a fifteen minute snooze without getting fucked in the brain. Ugh.

"Sire? Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine, I'm fine..." You grumble, clambering up to your feet. Oh well, even if you didn't get as much shut-eye as you'd like, some is better than none. Besides, you've probably killed enough time already, right? It's probably time for you to head out. "Anyway, I'm heading out now. See you later."

Of course, you only manage to make it a few steps before you're stopped.

"Rown?"

Of course he'd ask. Can't just leave well enough alone, can he? Has to stick his nose in everybody's business. Asshole. Why the hell do people keep entertaining this jerk's delusions of rulership? You really should just tell this guy to hurry up and fuck off already...

"...It's Ting Lu."

"Cro?"

"Yeah, you wouldn't know him, would you? You weren't there... Okay, well, you know the Treasures of Ruin? No, you wouldn't know that, either... Fuck... How do I explain this? Uh..."

Despite everything, you don't really know much about them. Apparently, they're very important, though. You're sure they're just as important as the dozens of other Pokemon the bosses have told you are very important. But what sets them apart? Eventually, you just shrug.

"They're four bastards, is what they are. And out of all of them, Ting Lu is the biggest bastard of all. I only saw him once, out during some mission or another, but shit, dude... He's bad news. You sure you don't know him? Big rocky fuck, huge metal bowl on his head? For some reason, I feel like you should know him... Well, no skin off my scrote. Point is, he's a big problem. I don't know what, but something about him hammers my fear response like crazy."

Even now, just thinking about it makes the hairs on your skin stand up straight.

"Anyway, he caused a real fuss on Route something-or-other. Managed to knock out a whole bunch of Leagues and Rockets in the process. Worse still, he gave them all these crazy false memories that they were transported to a cursed alternate reality version of Galar? Yeah, I don't get it either. Sometimes, when I feel like shit, I skim through the reports for a cheap laugh. Seriously, it's some of the stupidest shit I've ever seen. All these melodramatic battles and silly romances, like some badly written pulp... I think some of them mentioned you, too...?"

Weird. All of a sudden, you're starting to feel a killer migraine coming on. In that case, better to wrap this up quick and head back to the submarine before it gets too bad. After all, the last thing you want is to be stuck listening to storytime with a skull-pounding headache.

"...Anyway, he vanished when everyone woek up, and nobody knows where he is. Frankly? I'm fine with that. As long as I'm not the poor fucker who finds him... Speaking with which, you'll probably have to fight him at some point, huh? I mean, if you want to make yourself a nice little kingdom or whatever, you'll probably be at odds with him, so... Fuck me, good luck with that one, bud."

And with that last "piece" of "advice", you make your exit.

A tale of nightmares (fear).
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,345 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2024 6:51:50 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"nightmares? priam conrad doesn't have nightmares!"

the practiced skit feels so natural to the storyteller's tongue that even they themselves are convinced that it was the case.

"heh, i bet you that this man went through the most gruesome experiences and never faltered! he's the greatest there is, especially since he fears nothing! that might as well be his legacy-- oh, hey! that's another theme you're lookin' for!"

his legacy is that he survived whatever it was that got him cowering. everything did. disillusioned, he faces reality with fabricated daydreams to live.

"back in his home region, he had to do work that no children his age would have faced! that's kinda impressive, right? kids would tremble at the scent of fear and hunger, but not him, cause he's just that great."

he did, but he couldn't let it show. the moment he does, he'd be deemed a liability and be pushed to jobs that would conveniently get him disposed.

"he didn't have the backing of important people too! he's always on his own, like a lone wolf. kinda cool, right? it's the perfect setting for a nightmare world!"

alone. cold. scared. he always fends off for himself, using all tools to cope with the nightmare he lives in. fear is the biggest motivation for most people during that era, and priam had been one of them.

"imagine a place of hopelessness, only to fend it off with optimism and sheer skill-- that's what priam conrad is all about!"

it wasn't optimism. it was a coping mechanism that burned its way through his core. there was nothing left of priam now outside of the persona he made up to continue living in that nightmare.

"what can i say? i'm just built different."

technically, it was not wrong. he was like everyone else who experienced trauma during the nightmare that is rocket's regime of kanto. he just happened to break differently.

he brings sunshine amid the darkness with his disposition. perhaps it's the legacy he'll leave, as unfitting as it is for the character underneath the layers.

@tags
close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,774 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2024 7:10:48 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
He returned again, like a lost child returning to its parents when faced with a new experience.

There was no order for him to return. Walsh had ordered him to tell one story, not three, but there had been an urge in his soul guiding him back to the dreaming king's court. Like a loyal vassal, the admin returned to hold court with the king of forests and faeries, the king of the arcadia that Hoenn had become.

Hoenn. The locus amoenus that Howard had seen it as when he was young had fallen apart into a nightmare that haunted his every moment. Ever since he lost his—

"My king." Howard bowed, before producing two oaken mugs that he had produced with 's forgery skills. Between his knowledge in antiques and his colleague's understanding of imitation, it was a genuine mug. It was filled with a fuzzy mead as Howard put the mug down before Galar's king. "This is a Galarian blend I've produced in the old way, when Galar was nothing but a densely populated wood. I hope you like it."

"Crowow?"

"Sharing stories is how culture is shared. It is how history is chronicled. I'm sorry, normally I get excited whenever I see one of your calibur. I want to ask you questions about Galar's tax code, what your royal policy was, and whether or not Galar did lose a year's worth of crops to drought. Yet..."

That was not possible. Calyrex could share nothing besides a confused expression as it slowly regained its power. There was no exchange here, only the proclamation of a king that Rocket's good faith would be rewarded in the end.

"Yet..."

He had lost that passion, somewhere. Before, he would've gushed to Calyrex for hours about Galarian history, even if the king could only do things. Now, he was running out of time to be passionate. Even his job at the museum was a front. Any joy he had for history was being crushed underfoot in favor of Rocket.

"I should leave Rocket, but I can't." His voice was soft for a moment. "I am afraid."

"When I joined up, I thought this would just be a side hustle where I could make some cash and keep studying archaeology. How wrong was I! got me good. I was younger, desperate, grasping. I didn't even realize that I had grabbed onto the noose that they mean to hang me with."

"My admin position is a fluke, you know? I don't belong, but... ah, I'm grasping." Howard took a deep gulp from his mug. "Apologies."

"I have nightmares about them all. Necrozma's Avatar will betray us all, one day. I fear he'll kill me for something, once he realizes that I'm quietly acting against him. For now, I'm hidden by my insignificance." The Devourer wouldn't notice him. Not yet. That was good. They were colleagues, both pretending that they had Rocket's best interests at mind. "And Walsh."

"I don't even trust my own men, or the shadows in the corner of my office. He could be there. Watching. Waiting for me to make a mistake. I barely even remember why I signed up for Rocket. All I recall now are the nightmares."

Fear.

"I want to be a hero, but I don't know how. I don't even think it's possible. As for you..."

Howard pointed his mug at the king, who looked at him with a mixture of confusion and royal pride. Howard hated that look. It reminded him of the previous Admin Fox. He loved and hated this rabbit that had been born anew from the dream of the masses.

"How dare you? 'Correction?' Please. Do you even remember kingship? You realize you're joining Rocket, right? You'll be a weapon of war, and you'll only repair the damage once the war is over. You'll rule as the king of ashes and cooked meat, the inheritor of an Eden that we've been cast from."

Rage filled his heart as he stood up. He acted on the fear and paranoia of Rocket, pointing a shaking hand towards Calyrex. This was no king.

"You're no king! You're a—" Fraud? Like Howard? An admin masquerading as a loyal Rocket? Calyrex was masquerading as a king when it had no memories. All it had was an urge, and it acted on it. Howard glared at it for a moment, before deflating. "Sorry."

He sat down. With a murmured word to a Claydol, Howard teleported the Pokémon away while staring at Calyrex. He unclipped a pen from his collar and began scribbling on the back of a laundromat receipt. "What will your policy be as king?"

"Crowrow?"

"Your policy for rulership!" Howard pointed at Calyrex with his Aerodactyl pen. "If you're to be king, you need to act like it. You have to pull Rocket together, which means understanding rulership! Here. I'll tell you about the reign of Edward V. His reign was simple, but prosperous."

"Crowrow?" It looked at the mug of mead.

"Yes, I'll help you with kingship! I know more about history than anyone else in this city! Stupid!" He bonked Calyrex on the head with his pen. "First mistake! You should've punished me for my insolence. Nobody will respect a king if they can walk all over him!"

He flipped open a book before rapping his knuckle against the cover.

"Your policy as king will influence your legacy, which will help kings that come after! That is the value of history. You're a king, so act like it!"

"Crowrow!"

"Exactly! Now come on, we have another twelve books to get through. You'll be learning about tax policy next..."

A story of fears and nightmares, and a future with a hopeful legacy.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,383 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2024 8:00:18 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
“when i first came to hoenn, i was the type to say that i wasn’t afraid of anything — even though it could not have been further from the truth. i was scared of being killed by my hunters, but i was also scared of vulnerability. i think in my world, you have to be.[break][break]

“i had plenty of nightmares. almost every morning, i’d wake up screaming. often, the things i saw were abstract. vivid, lonely worlds, with eyes in the sky that would burn me alive… other times, i would see my lover dying, after i’d learned about his death.[break][break]

“after darkrai’s blessing, i stopped sleeping altogether. my patron took those nightmares away, and i saw it as a mercy. however, the more i’ve studied nightmares, alongside dreams, the more i believe that they serve an important purpose, beyond the sort of psychic punishment they’d felt like to me when i experienced them.[break][break]

“i have learned that strong people who seem the most unbreakable are often plagued by nightmares. i think it is a coping mechanism for the mind which is not allowed to feel such vulnerability in the waking world. fear and pain have no place in their reality — but these parts of humanness must exist somewhere. nightmares are a release. furthermore, they have the potential to teach us about ourselves, and remind us of the wounds and other things that we neglect.[break][break]

“people call them bad dreams,
— but i don’t think that’s fair. i believe they are misunderstood. people are just too glad to awaken from their pain to see the value or meaning in having felt it at all.”
[break][break]

she was quiet for a moment, before realizing, ”not much of a story though, is it?”[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]@calyrex [break]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,911 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2024 8:00:26 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]TALES BENEATH[break]THE DYNA TREE (ROCKET)

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

SCHEDULED END: FEBRUARY 29TH, 11:59PM PST
LIMITED TIME EVENT
ROCKET ONLY

[player]https://file.garden/ZXZrnWMYuz15frfJ/HOENN%20MUSIC/CALYREX%20THEME.mp3[/player]
[break]

🎼 Calyrex Theme - Pokemon Sword and Shield

SOOTOPOLIS CITY

THE CALYREX DEDICATES EACH STORY TO MEMORY. Although this is an unfamiliar land, the King seems pleased to be surrounded by storytellers. One wonders how long Hoenn's story will endure. By world's end, how will this region of land, sea and sky be remembered?[break][break]

The Calyrex returns to the tree to rest. After a day or two, the King returns, ready to receive more stories.[break][break]

Psychic energies consume another form as another vessel is chosen for the Calyrex's speech:[break][break]

"your tales have nearly sated my appetite, and now, in this culminating week, bestow upon me your bardic bounty once more. grant me the generosity of your stories, so that i may gracefully transcend the limits of this venerable realm beneath the dyna tree."

WEEKLY PROMPT

WEEKLY PROMPT

THE CALYREX AWAITS YOUR STORY. Like fabled bards, your character may recite a story to CALYREX. It does not matter if the tale is fiction or not. However, every week or so, there will be a new PROMPT for your characters to revolve their stories around. ICly, the CALYREX will receive all kinds of stories throughout the month.[break][break]

Throughout your character's spoken story (they must speak it, for oration is essential for memetic canonization), the CALYREX will listening intently. Afterward, the Hare King will express its gratitude with an emphatic "Cro rown!"

PROMPT FOR 2/25-2/29
[break][break]
Tell me a story of...[break][break]
  • Memory and/or sacrifice OR

• *Ghost and fighting.

*Reference a ghost-type and fighting-type Pokemon, move, or the element in general, etc.

[break][break][break]

REWARD FOR 2/25-2/29

[img src="https://raw.githubusercontent.com/msikma/pokesprite/master/items/berry/occa.png" style="float:none;box-shadow:none;border:none" title="1x OCCA BERRY - can be exchanged for an additional ability on your pokemon if applicable"][img src="https://raw.githubusercontent.com/msikma/pokesprite/master/items/tm/fighting.png" style="float:none;box-shadow:none;border:none" title="1X LEVEL TUTOR"]

INSTRUCTIONS
DEADLINE

INSTRUCTIONS

THIS LIMITED TIME EVENT will last until the end of the month, updating every week. Please heed the following rules.[break][break]

• This is ROCKET'S DYNA TREE; League characters can participate in this thread.
  • [break]
  • ALL OF YOUR CHARACTERS can participate.
  • [break]
  • A DYNAMAX CANDY will be given to characters who PARTICIPATE IN ALL FOUR PROMPTS (2/2-2/10, 2/11-2/17, 2/18-2/24, 2/25-2/29).
  • [break]
  • One-liners or low effort posts will not be counted for the prompt.
  • [break]
  • Rewards you earn can be IMMEDIATELY PLACED INTO YOUR PC without a Site Shop post.
  • [break]
  • You can only POST ONCE PER WEEK/PROMPT.
  • [break]

THIS LIMITED TIME EVENT WILL END FEBRUARY 29TH, 11:59PM PST.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]