priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
TALES BENEATH THE DYNA TREE (ROCKET)
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 2:25:58 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"ideals? i'll show ya the most ideal being in these lands!"

there's only been one thing people want: be happy.

"the great priam conrad will tell ya the best stories on how he, as awesome as he ever was, had become the most ideal person of the entire world!"

can one achieve it if one doesn't know what makes them happy? even he, himself, is skeptical.

"people say he's born in the best era: young enough to experience life at its best, mature enough to not need baby handholding shit!"

young enough to be steered to a point of no return, old enough to suffer from existential dread in the worst period of time.

"he's such a testament to greatness that he easily gets people to like him without effort! bet we can be bff's in no time, but, y'know, we're both busy people. maybe some other time!"

friends come and go as quick as he makes them. every relationship is superficial, built up on an image he likes to see himself as.

"one time-- scratch that, make that many times-- he has helped his organization through his many accomplishments! he got 'em a natural shadow 'mon for the artificial ones, the tree of life that one time, helped 'em with the lil robo guys, the tablet thing for the vr games, and a lot more. he's, like, irreplacable, y'know!"

contributions leave one empty for they are credited to the organization rather than the individual. it was nothing special in the end, as there are other feats that outweigh them at the end of the day.

"what can i say? i'm the ideal guy there is around these parts. where else can you find someone so dedicated to their art? he doesn't need to explain that his mere presence brings smiles to faces."

empty words preach the label that has no foundation. fabrication leads to baseless ideals that muddles the truth.

"ah, i can ramble on and on about shit he's done."

none of them felt substantial. it is only the writer who puts meaning into them to go against the truth of the narrative. excuses pile up to fill in the void in his character.

"i could give you more stories, but i'm runnin' outta time! i don't wanna spoil your taste on the ones that other people will tell either, cause you know me, i'm just the best."

the false ideal of self-righteousness and ego hides mediocrity and insecurity. his ideals are ideals itself-- a fantasy he chases for, not for himself, but for his facade.

"bye!"

this is how he makes his lie the truth.

@tags
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,144 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 4:35:01 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sweetwater jayy"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]

[attr="class","textbody"]

The CURSED walks up to the Dyna Tree. He recognizes the Calyrex immediately, of course he does. [break][break]

The question is: Does the Calyrex remember him? [break][break]

Beside him, the Ruinous Beast walks. Eyes the color of crystal-blue gems focus on the creature before them with a knowingness only a God can command; and of course, it should be Chien Pao. After all, was it not Calyrex who had been trapped in it’s cursed sword for so long? [break][break]

“I have a story,” Jayden says simply. He palms the spine of the book that he is holding and opens it. Slowly, surely, he begins to read.

[break][break]

[attr="class","icon-dragon"]

[break]

In the beginning, the world was ruled by a singular being. Arceus. He who’s powers were so fast and great that he created something from nothing, that moved the heavens and earth to fill the void that was. He who’s word was absolute and who’s idealized version of the world was the only truth that needed to exist. [break][break]

Using that great power, he channeled some of his being into three vessels that he called his children. [break][break]

Dialga, who could wield the power of Time, to change the things that never were and create possibilities from within that change. [break][break]

Palkia, who could control the fabric of Space as her mortal instrument. [break][break]

And finally, Giratina. The child who’s own choices would once day become a harbinger of the disaster that was humanity’s own. [break][break]

To all his children, Arceus made it clear. Power was a strong, nearly impossible thing to wield - the right of Gods, and they should wield it with grace and understanding. After all, these powers are ones that had created the earth – and thus had an ability to destroy them. [break][break]

To maintain this Power, it was important to maintain the balance of understanding and order. [break][break]

“If there is anything that you will remember from me, my children, remember this. The world desires chaos, but needs orders to survive. Never forget that each action we choose will have repercussions that ripple outwards, forever, into humanity’s own.” [break][break]

Dialga and Palkia both understood, having the power to wield time and space in tandem with one another. It was Giratina, who lacked. Giratina, who always felt envious of his sibling’s bond and Giratina who always felt too sentimental, too human-touched to be able separate vision from knowledge. [break][break]

“Son, you must keep your distance,” Arceus warned. “Maintain the earth, soothe the skies, but avoid those who roam it.” [break][break]

“But father, they are my creations. I poured onto them as you’ve done to us,” his son pleaded, desperately seeking understanding. [break][break]

Arceus was firm. “We must respect the world’s order. Or risk upsetting the world’s balance." [break][break]

At the time, Arceus did not know. Or he did not want to see the tides that were changing in his son’s eyes. [break][break]

All this time spent on the world had touched Giratina with a Humanity that had poisoned him. As Giratina had watched something come from nothing, laying witness to the tempting hum of humanity’s emotions, he had been poisoned by their craft. No longer was he virtuous and holy, no longer was he immune to the sins of mankind. He had inadvertently accepted the human’s suffering as his own and thought himself too arrogant to be effected by it. [break][break]

But, as we all know, arrogance is a cruel beast. [break][break]

He had wandered too close. Once again, his son came begging, willing him to ideals for the sake of a misguided truth. [break][break]

“Father, if you return to the lands of which you’ve made, they’ll remember your name. All will be forgotten! Faith will be restored.” [break][break]

Parenthood is a graceless act, much more so if you are in the position of an absolute being. It pained Arceus to see his son act in such an oncouth manner, and he immediately hated humanity for bestowing this wickedness onto him. [break][break]

Once more, Arceus stood unwavering and resolute, embodying the apotheosis of his divine stature. [break][break]

“If they are lost, let them be. The damned will be punished when they come.” [break][break]

It may have seemed cruel, but order was needed to remain balance in the world. If he wavered, then it would beget a life of even more suffering. It was a paragon that he had told time and time again. [break][break]

Dialga understood it, so did Palkia. Why not Giratina? [break][break]

Against his will, Giratina defied his council. Arrogant and stubborn, he embarked on a foolish pursuit of his misguided truth, determined to prove his father wrong. Journeying to the farthest corners of the earth, he delved even deeper into the humanity that Arceus had said not to touch, to realms forbidden. At every turn, Arceus made sure to reinforce the weight of his warning upon him. [break][break]

Do not defy the order of the world, son. Or so face it’s wrath. [break][break]

Giratina did not listen. [break][break]

With each new interaction, the threat of imbalance surged, swelling to unprecedented levels of disaster. Arceus, typically known for his patient piety, grew increasingly resentful as he waited for son to learn his lesson. [break][break]

The godly stature that Arceus had bestowed onto him at birth began to waver, cracking at the seams, the longer that he entangled himself in humanity’s affairs. Pain, suffering, hurt. Empathy, joy, understanding. The tipping scales of humanity’s deeds came at a price – a price that Giratina would soon pay. [break][break]

And then it happened. [break][break]

Giratina committed humanity’s greatest sin. [break][break]

He fell in love. [break][break]

With a human, no less. A human who embodied the very meaning of spring and growth, empathy and compassion. His own ideals became unwittingly compromised, tainted by the spring that was her foolish humanity. [break][break]

So foolish, Arceus mused, to believe that a god could forge a connection with a human. [break][break]

But humans and deities were meant to be separate for a reason. [break][break]

The bonds between humans were weak, tainted by their own subjectivity, and so when Giratina eventually revealed himself and his heart to this human, she responded in kind. She betrayed him. [break][break]

She screamed, horrified as the revelation. [break][break]

“It was you,” she howled. “who heard my cries and did nothing? My daughter suffered because of your inactions! Where was my miracle?!” [break][break]

It did not matter the reasons that he gave. It did not matter the truths that he tried to speak. All that mattered to this mortal woman was that she was hurt, that she had suffered, and Giratina - a god - had done nothing in the face of all that suffering. [break][break]

She sought repentance. [break][break]

And who was Arceus, her almighty god, to deny her? [break][break]

As Giratina scrambled away from her screeches and acts of violence, Arceus watched as his pitiful son attempted to return to his immortal form. But it was too late. His own cries for help went unanswered. [break][break]

Order must be restored. Balance must be maintained. [break][break]

“This is your will. Now face your punishment.” [break][break]

As much as it hurt Arceus to do so, he knew better than allow his own ideals to bend that of his ungrateful son. [break][break]

Arceus watched as humanity enacted their own repentance, taking Giratina’s human form and attacking him with the local townsman. Pitchforks and swords awaited him in his death, as he was murdered in plain sight. Eventually, he was offered as tribute to the Gods, in an attempt to clear their pastures of plague and suffering. [break][break]

For while humans can be kind, they can never be pious. [break][break]

For while humans can be compassionate, they can never be virtuous. [break][break]

Arceus obeyed his ideals. He maintained the balance of the world by rejecting Giratina’s passage into the immortal realm and forcing him to die a normal death, his materials seeping back into the ground in which he had made his sacrifice. [break][break]

As one act of remembrance for the son that could not follow order, could not obey ideals, Arceus commits one last act of benevolence. [break][break]

Once a year, he reminds humanity of their suffering and hardships. He freezes the fields, veils the sky with darkness, and shrouds the sun in cold. All to commemorate the sacrifice made by his son, ensuring that with each winter’s arrival, they recall the gravity of the choice to preserve the world’s order. [break][break]

A STORY OF TRUTH & IDEALS [break]
[break]
giratina ver.

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","credits"][attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".sweetwater"] --accent: #7C6678; --url:url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1186575957843259473/fu_hua_and_fu_hua_honkai_and_1_more_drawn_by_fukazzi_2nd__d5a40170476494dde001fb5221987f70.jpg); [/newclass]

[newclass=".jayy"] --accent:#80687A!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sweetwater"]width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; background: #222; position: relative; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px; position:relative; overflow:hidden; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; border:1px solid ##2d2d2d; } .sweetwater .top { background-image:var(--url); opacity:0.9; height: 220px; background-size: cover; background-position: 50% 35%; background-color: #c4bce2; background-blend-mode: hard-light;; transition:1s all; } .sweetwater .lyrics b { color: var(--accent); font-size: 50px; letter-spacing: -1px; text-transform: lowercase; text-shadow:-1px -1px 0 #323232, 1px -1px 0 #323232, 2px 1px 0 #323232, -1px 1px 0 #373639; text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:100; letter-spacing:5px;} .sweetwater .lyrics { font: 12px/15px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing: 5px; color: #eee; text-align: center; position: absolute; top: 150px; width: 500px; margin: 0px auto; } .sweetwater .textbody b { font: bold 14px/11px 'Poppins'; color: var(--accent); } .sweetwater a { font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'!important;} .sweetwater .textbody i { color: var(--accent); font-family:Poppins; } .sweetwater .textbody u { font: 11px/15px 'Poppins'; font-style: italic; border-bottom: 1px solid var(--accent); letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration:none; } .sweetwater .textbody { font: 12px/16px 'Roboto'; border-radius: 10px; letter-spacing: 0.2px; color: #ffffffde; border:1px solid #18181899; text-align: justify; margin: 20px; padding: 40px 50px 30px 50px; border-radius: 5px; } .sweetwater .notes { background: rgba(10, 10, 10, 0.15); font: 10px 'Poppins'; border-radius: 10px; letter-spacing: 0.3px; margin: 10px 20px 0px; padding:20px 50px; color: #fff; text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; } .sweetwater .notes b { font:bold 15px 'Quicksand'; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:-0.5px; color:var(--accent); padding:2px 5px; } .sweetwater .bottom { text-align:center; background:#272727; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px; opacity:0.9; } .sweetwater .bottom img { filter:grayscale(1); [/newclass]
[newclass=".sweetwater .credits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; bottom:9px; right:13px; color:#ccc;[/newclass][newclass=".sweetwater .credits a"]font:bold 9px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; color:inherit; opacity:0.3; transition:0.7s all;[/newclass][newclass=".sweetwater .credits a:hover"]opacity:1; font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; transition:0.7s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Poppins|Quicksand|Roboto|Playfair+Display]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,383 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 7:25:19 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
“i don’t think i’m all that great at telling stories.”[break][break]

she did not kneel, or bow – not even half-way. she instead stood at attention, staring at the hare king’s gigantic head, unsure why exactly had tasked her with something so bizarre. though she was indeed galarian, she had not been a part of the dream.[break][break]

nonetheless, on a mission to regain her boss’s favor and funding, she went without question, prepared to regale rocket’s strange new friend to the best of her ability.[break][break]

”i’m a scientist, so… i have some ideas about what might be happening, and i just sort of built off some notes.”[break][break]

staring a moment longer, she then unfolded the scribbled paper in her hand and cleared her throat.[break][break]

“once upon a time in the multiverse, there were two legendary dragons – one that stood for truth, and the other for ideals. they warred against each other, one always emerging victorious, while the defeated would go to rest. both would have their share of success, but in all the war’s iterations, this was the outcome, and perhaps it played some part in infinite cosmic balance.[break][break]

“until something happened, in one universe, that caused the imagination to bleed into the waking world. as truth became indistinguishable from ideals, the two dragons found they had nothing left to fight for. the concepts that made them what they were ceased to exist, rendering them paradoxical, and transforming them into unrecognizable monstrosities.”[break][break]

“no longer interested in attacking one another, the dragons instead went to attack the world – but they would ultimately find it unnecessary, as it was already fading into chaos all on its own.”
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]@calyrex [break]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,911 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 8:00:36 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]TALES BENEATH[break]THE DYNA TREE (ROCKET)

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

SCHEDULED END: FEBRUARY 29TH, 11:59PM PST
LIMITED TIME EVENT
ROCKET ONLY

[player]https://file.garden/ZXZrnWMYuz15frfJ/HOENN%20MUSIC/CALYREX%20THEME.mp3[/player]
[break]

🎼 Calyrex Theme - Pokemon Sword and Shield

SOOTOPOLIS CITY

THE CALYREX RUMINATES ON EACH TALE. Each story, regardless of embellishment or absolute truth, shapes the High King's understanding of this newfound world. The transmission of culture, of memory, of heart is a sacred practice that the Calyrex holds dear. With every story's end, its power begins to regrow.[break][break]

"kah hah hah! not bad, not bad. with more of your stories, i may be able to return to full power yet!" Speaks the next unlucky vessel for the Calyrex.[break][break]

The Calyrex returns to the tree to rest. After a day or two, the King returns, ready to receive more stories.

WEEKLY PROMPT

WEEKLY PROMPT

THE CALYREX AWAITS YOUR STORY. Like fabled bards, your character may recite a story to CALYREX. It does not matter if the tale is fiction or not. However, every week or so, there will be a new PROMPT for your characters to revolve their stories around. ICly, the CALYREX will receive all kinds of stories throughout the month.[break][break]

Throughout your character's spoken story (they must speak it, for oration is essential for memetic canonization), the CALYREX will listening intently. Afterward, the Hare King will express its gratitude with an emphatic "Cro rown!"

PROMPT FOR 2/11-2/17
[break][break]
Tell me a story of...[break][break]
  • Vengeance and/or deception OR

• *Dark and poison.

*Reference a dark-type and poison-type Pokemon, move, or the element in general, etc.

[break][break][break]

REWARD FOR 2/11-2/17

[img src="https://raw.githubusercontent.com/msikma/pokesprite/master/items/berry/kasib.png" style="float:none;box-shadow:none;border:none" title="can be immediately used for an additional move slot to be granted to a pokemon."][img src="https://raw.githubusercontent.com/msikma/pokesprite/master/items/tm/normal.png" style="float:none;box-shadow:none;border:none" title="1X TM/TR"]

INSTRUCTIONS
DEADLINE

INSTRUCTIONS

THIS LIMITED TIME EVENT will last until the end of the month, updating every week. Please heed the following rules.[break][break]

• This is ROCKET'S DYNA TREE; League characters can participate in this thread.
  • [break]
  • ALL OF YOUR CHARACTERS can participate.
  • [break]
  • A DYNAMAX CANDY will be given to characters who PARTICIPATE IN ALL FOUR PROMPTS (2/2-2/10, 2/11-2/17, 2/18-2/24, 2/25-2/29).
  • [break]
  • One-liners or low effort posts will not be counted for the prompt.
  • [break]
  • Rewards you earn can be IMMEDIATELY PLACED INTO YOUR PC without a Site Shop post.
  • [break]
  • You can only POST ONCE PER WEEK/PROMPT.
  • [break]

THIS LIMITED TIME EVENT WILL END FEBRUARY 29TH, 11:59PM PST.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,598 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 9:15:07 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Tempest passes Calyrex a sandwich half. Wrapped in foil tight, he peels it back from his own half. It's nothing fancy or even traditional to Tempest; just a simple lunch picked up from an Alolan place on his way here. Crisp vegetables with a tangy sauce and some pork. Which, fun fact, rabbits and bunnies can and will eat meat even if primarily herbivores. Tempest waited a moment for the rabbit to sniff and then bite into the offered snack before sinking his teeth into his own.[break][break]

"I don't really understand why you need all these stories."[break][break]

"Crow own."[break][break]

As if that answered anything. Tempest just hummed and watched as the one-king ate, sauce having smeared on the tip of it's nose.[break][break]

He was quiet for a bit as he finished his own food, mulling over the topic wanted. Today, Tempest had decided to sit with his back against the tree, slightly more relaxed than last time.[break][break]

The foil is taken from Calyrex to be balled up and tossed with his own.[break][break]

"Well, I guess I have a story like that. Dad told it a few times when I was a kid."[break][break]

Clearing his throat, Tempest started:[break][break]

There was a woman who was in love with a fisherman. She pined for him every day and every night he would bring her the largest fish of his catch. And every night, she would get down on her knees and plead with her mother and father to be allowed to marry him.[break][break]

"No!" Her father would say. "He is poor and would not be able to take care of you!"[break][break]

"No!" Her mother would say. "He is a liar and would use you while you are young and beautiful!"[break][break]

And so on and so on for weeks and weeks....[break][break]

But people are more like mountains than they realize, and enough beating down will wear them down.[break][break]

So, the woman and the fisherman were married in the summer.[break][break]

After six more summers had passed the woman had birthed three children. Her youth was fading, wrinkles forming in the corners of her eyes. Her children hanging from her body had given her sags and folds. Yet she tried to age gracefully, happy with her life with her husband.[break][break]

When winter came, she started to notice her husband returning later and later into the day. The fish he brought home were not as fat as before and left her and the children hungry. Fearful, she turned to her friend to ask for advice.[break][break]

"You should have expected this!" One said. "He was never able to care for a family!"[break][break]

"You should have expected this!" Another said. "He was always a cheat! He doesn't want you now that you're old!"[break][break]

And the woman denied their claims, but on and on for weeks and weeks....[break][break]

One day, the woman hid all day under the dock to wait for her husband to come home. When she did, she followed behind him in secret to see where he was going. She watched as he gave the largest, fattest catch to a pretty young woman.[break][break]

Betrayed, she rushed back home before her husband could arrive. Tears spilled from her eyes as her chest burned with anger. She felt used and foolish but her deepest desire was to hurt him just as badly.[break][break]

In her fit of rage, she drowned the oldest two children.[break][break]

Her husband arrived home before she could drown the third.[break][break]

"What have you done!" He cried.[break][break]

Pulled from her fury, the woman looked between her dead children and her husband and wondered why she thought it would be worth it.
[break][break]

Like before, Tempest paused to let the whole thing sink in. Sighing, he stretched his legs out.[break][break]

"Crow own!"[break][break]

"I guess." Tempest answered, as if he understood what the pokemon was saying. "My mom used to laugh and elbow my dad when he told that story. I think they had some private joke. He stopped telling it when she died."[break][break]

Humming again, Tempest shook his head to shake off that nostalgia as he went to stand up.[break][break]

"Mm-hm. I've heard different versions of that story from different people. My dad liked to keep it vague, to keep the weight of what she did the important part. Like, I can't imagine wanting to hurt my husband so much I would kill my kid. It would devastate me, so what was she thinking?"[break][break]

Trailing off, Tempest shrugged.[break][break]

"My neighbor told a version where it turned out the guy was selling the fish to save for a necklace. My cousin told one where it turned out the husband and kids were demons and she was being tested. I always thought those versions kind of... took away the weight. They changed the whole moral. It never mattered if her husband was cheating or not, just what she did."[break][break]

"Well," Moving to leave, Tempest shrugged. "I guess it doesn't matter as long as you liked it. I'll be back next week. See you."

[attr="class","tag"]@ TALES BENEATH

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 week two: revenge and deception

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 10:41:58 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Are these stories really helping you, or do you just like hearing them?" Though Cillian knows the Calyrex cannot respond to him in words, there seems to be a glimmer of amusement in the rabbit's regal stare. "I guess it doesn't really matter. I liked stories when I was a kid."[break][break]

He sighs, the weight of some wistful memory sobering his mood.[break][break]

"Kids seem so innocent, y'know? Stupid. But they notice more than you think." Gazing out across the bay, Cillian thinks of his sister. What had told him of their parents, of how she'd felt. Cillian's no storyteller, but can once again use his personal experience as a crutch.[break][break]

"I lied to her a lot." He doesn't seem to realise he hadn't mentioned her name, nor given the king any context. "Little things. I thought I was protecting her. But all I did was shut her out."[break][break]

If only he'd kept in touch, somehow. If only he'd managed to get some word from Kanto, to let her know that he'd had no choice but to run.[break][break]

"She followed me, you know. To Kanto. To Rocket." Though most of his words will fall upon unknowing ears as he speaks in the tongue of old Galar, certain stand out. Kanto. Rocket. But the King will understand it all, and that's what matters most. "I told her to leave. I got... mean about it. I thought if I chased her off, made her angry, that she'd forget about me and move on with her life. And she did get angry. But she didn't move on."[break][break]

He can feel the emotions choking in the back of his throat, and must take some time to compose himself so as not to break in front of others.[break][break]

"She joined a different gang. Worse than Rocket, I think. Wound up in prison. They've tried to kill her, since. All because of me. I don't know if she thought of it as revenge, but..."[break][break]

He shrugs. Hopefully it would do?[break][break]

Calyrex crows softly, as if prompting him to finish the story.[break][break]

"I think she hates me, now." He presses his lips tight to stop them from trembling. "It feels like revenge to me."[break][break]

OF DECEPTION AND REVENGE

[break][break]
[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,376 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 20:28:39 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa2"]
[attr="class","top"]

(TW: Psychological Horror & Allusions to Domestic Abuse.)

Once upon a time, there was a maiden whose heart was untouched by cruelty. Her family bade her marry, as all families in this land bid their children do, for bloodline and inheritance meant everything in their world. When her parents died, the monster she'd wed was all who was left to protect her.[break][break]

She thought him only a man, at first, but the truest monsters are all born men.[break][break]

Her husband was wealthy, though that was not what drew her to him. He was handsome and clever, but so were many suitable men she could have chosen. It was his loneliness that stirred her heart to pity, for she was lonely too. She did not understand why others scorned him so, for she did not see the monster that they declared him to be.[break][break]

He was a cunning creature, for he knew that beastly part of him would frighten her away from his arms, back to the gardens of her childhood. To him, she was a light that had descended to a dark and forgotten place. The thought of her ever escaping back to the heaven she'd once known terrified him.[break][break]

So in his terror of abandonment, he punished her for shining so brightly. He isolated her, he mocked her, and he reduced her to nothing more than a shell of the woman she once was. He made her believe she was unlovable to any being, save for him. The more she tried to win his love anew, the more he hated her for her beggary, and withheld it from her.[break][break]

She was forbidden to leave the manor that was their home, but a prison of the mind is far more powerful than that of the body.[break][break]

The gardens of his manor were the only place she could call her own, and she wept here in her solitude, until a peculiar flower bloomed in answer to her tears. As its petals unfurled, a small snail-like creature with ochre eyes peered up at her, wondering.[break][break]

"Lovely maiden, why do you weep?" the small creature asked her, slithering closer to where she knelt upon the ground. She had yet to realize that misery does not summon angels, but demons. "What causes you such sorrow?"[break][break]

"The man I love has no use for me," she replied, lost to shock and self-pity. "He scorns my love, and I know not what to do to sway his heart. I have begged, I have pleaded, I have showered him in every affection I know, and it is not enough. He hates me, and would rather me be dead than by his side."[break][break]

"We cannot change his heart," the sly creature replied, "but we can heal the wounds that vex your own. Fair maiden, give us your heart, and you will no longer know such pain and sorrow."[break][break]

"I cannot do such a thing," she protested, alarmed and frightened at the unthinkable price this creature asked of her. "If I give you my heart, what will happen to me? Will I ever be able to love again?"[break][break]

"What use has love ever been to us?" the creature sighed, as if it was no great loss. "Your heart gives you pain. We offer you a solution. Give your bleeding heart to us, and the pain will vanish."[break][break]

She debated for many unhappy days and nights, this devil's dilemma weighing on her with such heaviness she could barely eat or sleep. At last, with a face made bloody and raw from the violence of her husband's scorn towards her, she slunk back to the garden and knelt before the ochre-eyed creature in defeat.[break][break]

"Take my heart," she whispered, tears glistening down her cheeks, "for it has only ever caused me pain. Take it from me, and perhaps all this heartache will cease haunting me."[break][break]

So the maiden cut out her still-beating heart and handed it to the small creature, who devoured it greedily and grew in size until it was now half as tall as she.[break][break]

"I feel empty," she whispered, regret stinging her drying eyes for but a moment until the numbness of this exchange soothed her. "I feel empty, but I do not feel pain. Thank you for this kindness, stranger, for I do not think I could have kept living with a heart that bled so heavily."[break][break]

So she returned to her husband and her life in the manor, thinking this hollow shell of a body would protect her.[break][break]

The man she'd married found this sudden change in his bride perplexing. His kindnesses no longer inspired the despairing hope in her they once did; his cruel words no longer found purchase on an easily-wounded heart, now only serving as glancing blows against a stony exterior.[break][break]

If he could not use her heart against her, the man reasoned, he would turn to eroding her mind instead. Correctly, he presumed if she no longer loved him, she would have no reason to stay loyal by his side. Unshackled as she was now by the chains of her devotion, she'd indeed already begun making preparations to escape his grasp.[break][break]

Ah, but her husband was a twisted and powerful man, and he had far more resources than she. He bound ropes of gold around her, making it impossible for her to imagine a life without his wealth to protect her. He dressed their life in such trappings of luxury that all who witnessed it believed her to be spoiled beyond all imagining, ungrateful for all she'd been given. He told all who knew them of her fragile psyche, letting the tales of her tearful unhappiness convince all that she was a childish and hysterical creature.[break][break]

It did not matter what she did, or what she said, or to whom. No one believed her. No one enabled her escape. All steps forward resulted in an agonizing stumble backwards.[break][break]

When she returned to her gardens, she did not weep, for she no longer had a heart capable of feeling such sorrow. She stared blankly at the flowers around her, attempting to reason a way out of her plight, struggling and failing to find an answer that would save her.[break][break]

"Sweet maiden," the creature whispered again, and this time it startled her for the largeness of its hulking shadow. "What leaves you so lost?"[break][break]

"I have thought long and hard, but I can find no way to escape my husband's grasp," she replied in a voice so calm it unsettled her. "He predicts all that I do. He undoes every step of progress I manage. He has convinced all of the region that I am a woman who lacks a sound mind, and no one will help me. I fear if I do not think of an answer soon, he will do something that cannot be undone."[break][break]

He might kill her, she knew. He had that look in his eyes, like the butcher come to cut down the pigs. She could not determine when and how she'd face her own slaughtering.[break][break]

"Perhaps yours is a plight that cannot be solved through reason," the creature suggested, a keen light in its ochre eyes. "Why wait for him to act in such a manner? Why not act first yourself?"[break][break]

"I could not rationalize it," she said, shaking her head. "For I know that to kill is a sin against creation, and I cannot act against my own knowledge. I have tried, but I still cannot commit this act that cannot be undone."[break][break]

"He has already convinced all the world of your insanity," the creature coaxed lowly, drawing nearer. Saliva had begun to drip from its mouth, slobbering with gluttonous wanting. "What use is that clever mind of yours, when it cannot think its way out, and can only prevent you from doing what must be done? Give us your conscience, give us your inhibitions of the mind, and we will give you the agency to free yourself as you wish -- free of the chains of morality that bind you."[break][break]

A hopelessness had already begun to settle within her as the creature spoke, and without her heart to fret over such things, she acquiesced to its demands quicker this time.[break][break]

"Take what you must, then," she murmured as she drew the knife upon her brow, "so that I may be able to act without guilt and remorse."[break][break]

The creature gladly did so, slaking its thirst eagerly. When it had its fill of her shame, the being was now a hideous thing as large as she was, with eyes that each shone as large as the palm of her hand.[break][break]

"The flower you grew so long ago to free us is poisonous," it promised her, grinning with bloodied teeth. "Crush its petals and you may use it to end that man's existence, and taste the freedom you so crave."[break][break]

Numb of affection and now unhindered by her own morality, she found it startlingly easy to do as the creature bade her. She plucked the flower from the soil and did as instructed, brewing a fatal concoction to feed to the beastly man who had caused her so much suffering and grief.[break][break]

When he died at her hands, the doors to her life finally all reopened. All his wealth became her own. All those who had scorned her now sought to enter into her favor with silver-tongued flattery.[break][break]

She waited for the relief to fill her, as she'd always imagined it would. She waited for the escape to mean something, but all of her had become so hollow, only a dull frustration managed to spark within her instead.[break][break]

"You lied to me," she confronted the greedy creature, furious and indignant at the deception. This time, it was large as a mountain, grinning down at her with a gleeful malice that awakened a long-dormant fear inside of her. "You said you would free me."[break][break]

"We never lied," the demon laughed, "for we gave you what you wanted. You, foolish girl, simply never asked yourself if the cost of your freedom was too high."[break][break]

"How have you grown?" she demanded, shrinking back. "I fed you my heart and my conscience, but nothing more. How have you become so powerful, when I have nothing left to give you?"[break][break]

"Vengeance, little one, has a cost all its own." A chuckling sound like the buzzing of locusts swarmed around them both, incessant and cruel. "Those who kill must kill part of their soul with them. But you would know this, wouldn't you, if you had not bargained away all your humanity before now?"[break][break]

"I wish you had killed me," she whispered, and she could not even feel remorse, left in this broken and unfinished state of being. "All I can feel now is anger. All I can do now is inflict pain. Make it stop, please, I beg of you! I cannot stand what I've become. I fear what destruction I might yet do."[break][break]

But the demon only laughed again, mocking her.[break][break]

"You chose your own existence," it reminded her, and slithered off into the darkness. All that was left in its wake was the rot of ruinous decay. "You are like us, now -- beings that destroy all we touch. Accept your fate, for you will now ruin others, as we have ruined you."
[break]

I leave you with this wisdom: in our desperation to escape our own fate, we deceive ourselves most of all.

[attr="class","ooc"]
A TALE OF DECEPTION AND VENGEANCE

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa2"] --accent:#db7093!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
A keen mind cuts deeper than even the sharpest sword.
awards
1,017 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2024 18:37:55 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_lyrics"]Storytelling is the most powerful way
to put ideas into the world.
[attr="class","aurelie_body"]As Aurelie approached the Calyrex a second time, she wondered for a moment what stories the other Rockets were telling the King Pokemon. Epic sagas and ballads? Fairytales and nursery rhymes? Their own life stories? She could imagine all these and more, but she doubted she'd ever find out for sure.

For now, she concentrated on finding her own story. Aurelie bit her lip, pondering the themes of vengeance, deception, darkness, and poison. Thinking about Dark Pokemon made her think of Sableyes, which made her think of her brother's Sableye, which reminded her of what he and his Sableye had done to her...

And a story was born.

One day, a Tinkatink and a Salandit met by chance and fell to boasting about their own strength and abilities. "Behold," the Salandit bragged proudly. "Not only can I breathe fire, but I can also blow a cloud of poisonous gas at my foes! Who could possibly withstand me?"

In response, the Tinkatink flourished her hammer, which—though still small—was well-balanced, heavily weighted, and quite suitable for her size. "But I," she proclaimed, "have a hammer. I have spent my whole life making it sturdier and mightier, and with it, I will crush all my foes!"

In the end, both were so convinced that they were the stronger Pokemon that they decided to battle each other to prove the truth of their claims once and for all. As night was falling by now, it felt dramatic and appropriate for their contest to happen at dawn the next day. The Pokemon saluted each other and withdrew to prepare for their showdown.

The Tinkatink immediately went to work searching for more scrap metal to add even more power and heft to her hammer. She quickly found some discarded Skarmory feathers and lit a small fire. Working intently and thoroughly, she further reinforced the head of the hammer and added menacing spikes to the top and other end of the head.

Unbeknownst to her, the Salandit heard the commotion of her preparations and came to peek. He drew an apprehensive breath when he saw the Tinkatink whirling the hammer through the air with a piercing whistle, its spikes gleaming in the firelight. A pang of uncertainty struck him. He knew he was strong, but perhaps...it made sense to add a little extra insurance to their battle...?

Thinking frantically, the Salandit went to his friend, a stealthy Sableye. He explained the situation and asked for help. "Damage her hammer somehow, so she cannot use it to beat me," he begged.

Smiling wickedly, the Sableye agreed and slunk off toward the Tinkatink, who had fallen asleep with the hammer beside her. He could not pull it free from her grasp, but he could use his sharp claws to tamper with it nonetheless. He tore at the head so that it became jagged and unbalanced and then loosened the spikes so they would fall off when the hammer was swung.

The next day, the shocked Tinkatink couldn't believe what had happened to her hammer. Something—or someone—must have caused it to break, after all her careful work! Still, she dared not back down from the challenge, or the Salandit would have the victory.

When they fought at dawn, the Salandit breathed poison gas at her. Shrugging it off, the Tinkatink tried to strike with her hammer. On the first swing, though, the handle sailed swiftly out of her grasp and spun away across the ground, and one spike shot off straight at her, stabbing her deep in her leg. She gasped and fell, unable to stand. The Salandit promptly scorched her with an intense flame attack, and she had to concede.

"You can no longer fight!" the Salandit crowed triumphantly. "I am the mightiest!" He shot off another flame in celebration and then beamed appreciatively at his friend, the Sableye, who stood watching nearby with malicious glee.

Looking back and forth between the conspiratorial Sableye and Salandit, the Tinkatink slowly grasped what had happened. But she was wounded, her hammer broken, and she knew she couldn't continue. Awkwardly, she rose to her feet and began to hobble away. Before she disappeared, though, she gazed over her shoulder at the Salandit and shook her head sadly.

"You didn't need to cheat," she said. "Your fire breath was probably strong enough to defeat me. But now you'll never know for sure, and your victory will be all the less sweet for it."

As she hobbled away, the Salandit groaned and covered his face in his claws. He knew it was true, and he could take no joy from winning. Only the Sableye cackled happily, the singular Pokemon pleased with the outcome of the battle.

[attr="class","aurelie_tag"]

Prompt: Tell a story of dark and poison.
Week: 2/11-2/17

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.aurelie]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#862939;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_lyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_body]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:14px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;color:#aaa;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag]text-align:center;font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag a]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
There are more things in heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy
awards
532 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 16:49:14 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]
[attr="class","nenet1body"]

There was once a Meowth who wandered the streets of Hau'oli City. It was a dark and scraggly thing, with patches of grey fur and a clipped ear. Meowth had a hard-won life and made its living by thievery and deceit.
[break][break]
One night Meowth stumbled upon a Persian lounging in a garden.
[break][break]
The Persian was sleek and white, with a gleaming gem on its forehead. Meowth tried not to think about the scuffed coin he sported, and instead considered whether the Persian was worth a scuffle with to fill his own belly.
[break][break]
Before Meowth could decide Persian spoke. "You don't have to life out on the streets. One of the humans will take you in if only you blunt your claws. They love a loud purr and will happily let you have your run of the house if you only behave."
[break][break]
"I will come with you," Meowth declared, a plan already set in its mind. So Meowth entered the home with the Persian and the people cooed and fawned over the ragged little thing.
[break][break]
As the week passed it became clear to the Persian what danger it had invited into its home. Meowth scratched up the couch and made it look like the Persian had done it. Meowth knocked over the bowls just as Persian entered the kitchen and took the blame. Persian grew lower and lower, its once high esteem in the family dwindling to nothing as Meowth turned into a king.
[break][break]
One night Persian, in a fit of frustration Persian swiped at Meowth and was cast outside. Meowth watched, fat and happy from the window, as the rain poured all around and Persian had nowhere of comfort to go.
[break][break]
Never invite a thief into your home, or you may find it stolen.

NOTES

- Tales Beneath the Dyna Tree.[break]
- Week 2/11-2/17.[break]
- Prompt: Tell me a story of vengeance or deception.

[attr="class","nenet1pkmn"]

[attr="class","nenet1credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".nenet1"]--accent:#EDE574;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,383 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 22:24:27 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
she’d found it difficult to come up with a first story. this time, she’d struggled to narrow it down to just one – but her choice ultimately stood out among the rest as useful for the occasion.[break][break]

with a bag over her shoulder, she approached the same as before. her face was solemn.[break][break]

“i will tell you a story of deception, that i have told no one else in its entirety. it is for you only.” she glanced at calyrex’s ears. “i suspect you will still hear me if i whisper.”[break][break]

after a moment, then, she began as quietly as the breeze.[break][break]

“other worlds are easily reached these days, but there was a time not so long ago when they were not, and i wondered about them very much. i was intrigued by a manmade pokemon called porygon-z, who was intended to travel to other such places. however, its creators failed, and abandoned its project.[break][break]

“i made it my mission to finish where they’d left off – but i knew little about the pokemon’s development. so, when i found myself one day having a drink next to the man in charge of its creators, it felt like fate. i kept going back, to have more drinks with him; to try and get answers.[break][break]

“though there are many who’d say otherwise by just looking at his face, ’s not so bad, once you talk to him a little – and that’s the dangerous part.[break][break]

“as a rocket, i couldn’t tell him who i really was. we were in hiding then, but he investigated me after seeing some of my work and found out that i likely did not work alone like i’d told him. he let me know that he knew – to blackmail me, i assumed. exhausted of threats from others already, i confronted him, and we battled.[break][break]

“at that time, i was not a strong trainer. i was overpowered by the tapu fini in his possession, with the z-move shattered psyche. i was then kidnapped, taken to one of his dwellings, and interrogated by him alone. to protect my family i told him nothing, as he tortured me.”
[break][break]

she recalled a sick feeling in her belly, and the rich taste of the food that evening.[break][break]

“when his foot was on my head, drowning me in my own vomit, and i still would not talk, he called upon tapu fini a second time. she summoned the ghosts of my past, and he promised them that if they could break me, their souls would be set free – and when they ultimately failed, i was hit with a second shattered psyche.[break][break]

“my memory was wiped of all his vigilantism, and not long after, we were having drinks again, as though nothing had happened. we were friends; we shared nights together. he wanted me to love him, and i think at one point, i started to…”
[break][break]

her eyes fell to the ground a moment, a small pinch in her brow.[break][break]

“but what he did not know, was that shortly after his torture, i was chosen by darkrai, and those memories began to return.”[break][break]

she wondered if it had been for the stark loyalty she’d proven behind closed doors, or because her old knight of shadows could see at that time that she’d needed it.[break][break]

“now,” she whispered, ”it becomes a story of vengeance.”[break][break]

her amber eyes rose to meet the king’s again. despite their brightness, there was a weariness there too. she had fallen, but could recall feeling such strength that had followed.[break][break]

“i was powerful. while silph slept, i consumed his dreams. i called fears from the dark corners of his mind, and witnessed how i could destroy him in the worst way.[break][break]

“but there was more that had changed about me, after all the psychic damage he’d inflicted. i became aggressive; angrier, in general, and as i remembered more and more of what he’d done, i decided on radical new goals: to destroy the world, and with it, the society he feared he would fail despite his greatest efforts. a valid fear, i would say, as he ill-fit for his position.”
[break][break]

just look, as their world had begun to crumble around them since, even without her help.[break][break]

“one day, our beasts defeated tapu fini, and brought its chosen to me. my brother wanted to kill him – but i told him no, because i knew that death would have been too sweet for such a miserable man. [break][break]

“instead, i carved out his eye. i told him i wanted him to live half-blind as i did – feeling as though there were always threats looming that i couldn’t see, never able to trust, or feel secure… [break][break]

“i only took the one, because at that time, i also wanted him to watch as his world fell apart by my doing. to see the fire and the rubble that he might die in – but i regret that now. i should’ve taken both, at least.”
[break][break]

she should have killed him, but she saved those words.[break][break]

“i did take something else, however. i pressed the button that removed the powers of his dead patron, returning him to utter normality, and i still feel good about that.”[break][break]

carefully, she slid the bag off her shoulder, and from it pulled a jar. holding it up, she presented to the king the sad, dead gaze that floated inside it.[break][break]

“this is no longer the eye of , the league’s senior councilman. this is justice – but it is only a sliver.”[break][break]

the jar was lowered some, so as not to stare for too long.[break][break]

“my mind has since returned to me. i no longer have the terrible thoughts he recklessly afflicted me with. now, my hope is that this world continues to live on, long after i, myself, have left it.[break][break]

“but the league is still full of such quiet poison and corruption – and they are poor diplomats on top of that, causing wars with other worlds; planning genocide to escape the consequences of their missteps…”
[break][break]

she gave a pause, and her chin raised a touch.[break][break]

“ally with us, king calyrex. condemn the league for their cruelty and deception, and help us take this place so that we may show its people a better era of righteousness.”[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]@calyrex [break]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
awards
714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2024 5:23:25 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
"...And so, after many years of aimless wandering, our hero’s path finally took him to the land of Hoenn. What bold new adventures awaited him here, he wondered? Was this the place that he had been searching for? A place for him to finally belong? As he stepped off the boat and into the city of Slateport, he looked upon the towering city of grey and asked himself--"

"Fuckin’ hell, you’re still here?"

As you step beneath the canopy of the Dyna Tree for the second time, you’re genuinely surprised to see Doublade is still there. You would’ve thought that she crept back into her Pokeball while you were sleeping, but, well, apparently not. In hindsight, you probably should’ve checked that, but… Well, truthfully, you don’t find yourself reaching for your Pokeballs much these days.

"Oho, sire! Back to tell another story, are we?"

”Nope.” You deadpan, walking straight past both king and subject alike as you sit down amidst the tree’s roots. ”I’m going to take a nap until my time’s up, and then I’m going to leave.”

"Crowrowr!"

"Why, that seems… a rather mundane decision, if I may say so myself."

”Yeah, well? Sucks to suck.”

Predictably, your plan doesn’t seem particularly popular, which would be a real shame if you cared about that. Alas, you actually couldn’t care less. You’re tired, you’re old, you’re hurt, and the last thing you want to do is play storytime with this fully grown rabbit. You don’t want to be here. You want to be back in the medical bay, where the soft bed and the burn ointment and the painkillers are.

You want to be comfortable again.

You want your arm back.

You want to get even.

”...We don’t need you, you know.”

"Cro?"

”I’m sure everyone else has been on their hands and knees begging for you to help us, right? Trying to sway you, the oh-so-mysterious king of legends, to our side?” You begin, disdainful eyes staring a hole into the Calyrex. ”But we don’t need you. I don’t need you.”

You feel a familiar anger rising up from within you. Venom frothing in your mouth. Blood boiling in your veins. Your hand clenches into a fist.

”You think you can show up here and act like you’ve earned a seat at the table? Like you’re somehow important to Team Rocket? You’re not. You’re a blow-in. You’re a poser! You haven’t suffered, you haven’t struggled, you haven’t lost anything, let alone everything. And yet you’re rallying us to go on some grand and terrible and bloody quest for vengeance on your behalf? You must be--

"Sire."

Your song of rage is interrupted before it can hit the crescendo. Doublade’s voice is uncharacteristically stern. You’re typically not one for listening to warnings, but this time, you relent.

But your feelings remain.

”Whatever.” You grumble, pull yourself to your feet. Not like you’d expect him to get it, anyway. ”You want a story? Here’s a story: I got burned a few weeks back. Completely fucked from head to toe. You see the bandages? Yeah, that fucked. So, I’m going to get even. I’m going to get stronger. I’ll even find a way to defeat a so-called “god”. I will take everything from her, and once I have?”

Once you have… What will you do? Kill her? That’s a line you prefer not to cross, but given the severity of what she’s done to you… You don’t know. You’re not sure. What is the destination of this journey? Is there even a destination to begin with?

”...Well, what happens after that doesn’t matter. Not to you… There. That’s your story. Moral of the story? I’m too busy to chase your vengeance. If you want revenge, go get it yourself.”

With that, you storm off, your mood even more dour than the last time. You hope this prick hurries up and gets the hint that you don’t like him. Maybe if he does, you won’t get dragged out to this fucking tree anymore…

"Rownrownrown…"

"Yes, well, that… Was not good. I must apologise again, thou majesty. It seems that his mood is far worse than I thought.”

"Carown?"

"Mhm.”

"Cro."

"Well, enough about that little interruption. After all, there’s still plenty of story left to be told! Now, where were we? Ah, yes… After his long and winding voyage, ████ ███████ finally found himself in the unfamiliar land of Hoenn…”

Vengeance.
close tab

played by

Flood

X
She/Her
March 6th
Nimbasa City
Asexual
Ultramodernist
Executive
5'7 height
5'7 height
Look to the future, see in it everything you've ever wanted. Now find the strength to grab it.
awards
514 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flood
Xenon Antheil
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2024 1:03:05 GMT
Xenon Antheil Avatar
[player]https://vgmsite.com/soundtracks/pokemon-scarlet-violet-ost-switch-gamerip-2022/sxxrqbcobi/01.%20Area%20Zero.mp3[/player]

[nospaces]
[attr="class","xenon"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

"My my, you're quite the greedy hare aren't you? Eating up all these stories and still wanting for more." The girl giggles as she sits cross legged before the king, seemingly in a much better mood compared to the last time she held court. "But alright then, another story it is then. Today we'll tell a tale of the future to come, the age of darkness." She reaches into her coat and pulls out a sealed bottle of soda, popping the cap off of the glass bottle and raising a toast to the greedy king and his hunger for all the stories in the world.
[break][break]
"Don't tell anyone I said this but... the old fashioned bottles aren't half bad." She whispers conspiratorially to the king of the past, taking a quick sip before clearing her throat to begin.
One day the world shall change. It will be a glorious world in the future surely, but the road to such a world will be fraught with hardship. The world as we know it will fall apart in order for the new world to be born, and in between what was and what will be, there lies an Age of Darkness that humanity must overcome.
[break][break]
It will be the great war between the past and the future, the dying embers of the old order clinging to whatever scraps of fuel it can to try and burn away that beautiful future. The lights in the sky will die and this war will be fought in the shadows of the old world, brother will turn against brother, son against father, lovers' hearts torn apart as everyone fights to decide what the future will look like. And it'll be scary for everyone, but necessary all the same.
[break][break]
It's only once the lights are shattered and nobody can see that we can properly build the future we deserve, when nobody can see the paths we all followed that we can properly trailblaze a new one. The Age of Darkness will be bloody, we'll stumble, fall, break our bones, cry out in terror. But all these things are necessary for change to come. The tree of liberty can only bloom once watered by the blood of the past.

[break][break]
The girl finishes her soda and tosses the bottle to the side, the king's invisible hand catches the fragile glass in midair and he scowls at the young storyteller. "Nice catch, knew you had it in ya~ Well, catch ya on the flip side!" And with that the girl once more gets up and walks home.
[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.xenon]--accent:#a0a4a9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.xenon]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
Fox tails hidden under wedding dresses
awards
575 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2024 4:05:29 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
It would be in the early morning, when there was noone at the tree - when the day was at its coldest - that Makoto approached the Dyna Tree, and Calyrex.

They did not know much about Calyrex, or the dream that it supposedly originated from. They had not been there, when Zacian and Zamazenta had clashed with Ting-lu or Chien-pao. But what they did know was that this was a powerful pokemon finding its footing - equal parts intelligent as can be, yet lacking in wisdom due to being so new to this world.

And as a result, Calyrex desired stories. When the psychic-type requested a story of vengeance and deception in particular, well... There was but one tale that came to mind - and Makoto was thankful that there would likely be no listening ears as they spoke.

"... I suppose the best example of that, would be how I left my family, and my home of Ecruteak, up in Johto. Mother had me out of wedlock - I was more or less a bastard child - and the rest of our family that we lived alongside... They were elitist, traditional to a fault, and basically looked down on us for it." There was something a bit freeing, in just speaking their own honest thoughts - without anyone but this pokemon to hear them.

"When Mother was there, it wasn't all that bad. I was happy with it being the two of us; with us simply finding happiness without needing the others around for it. Mother had at times even considered moving out, to another town, maybe to be closer to my Father - though I never did know him. She did speak fondly of him, the few times he did come up, though."

"But... Before any of that could go anywhere... I was 14, when Mother passed away. She had fallen fatally ill - and before the doctors could figure it out, she just... Died." ... "... Sometimes, I wonder if she really had caught some illness, or if it wasn't something else." There wouldn't be any proof by now, if foul play had been the cause... But sometimes, those inklings of suspicion lingered at the back of their mind.

Makoto falls quiet for a few moments, equal parts just a moment of silence for their mother and a chance to gather their words, before they resume speaking. "When she passed away, our family had all those condolences and words of well-wishing, but... No; they didn't really care about her. They were scavengers, nothing more and nothing less, who had wanted a chance to take the things she left behind."

Were there things that she might had left the family? Certainly... But Makoto doubted that Nezuko would've offered up the things she prized most, to the family that had treated them like dirt.

"I suppose I had gotten the last laugh, then - I had been so upset, so hurt... That I decided to leave, taking as many of Mother's things as I could. Mostly sentimental things, I was still a kid and could only carry so much at once... In another time, I probably would've known more to ask the help of the Zoroark she left behind - Tsume - and taken some of the more valuable objects, too..." They thought to the dream they had, that one winter night. How much of it was real, they wondered...?

"... But really, I don't regret leaving in the first place. I would've been miserable there, I know that well." Makoto spoke. "I think... I just wish that I had more options, in the road that came after that. There's not much sympathy in this world for thieves and liars, no matter why they steal or lie. And it would've, well..."

Makoto had opened their mouth to continue - but soon shook their head. "Nevermind... I guess... I just would've put more worth in myself - and the things I do with my body - if I had the option to, back then."
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2024 11:02:41 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","becky underbossbeck"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"i desired vengeance once and it almost consumed me.[break][break]

"before team rocket, i lived on cinnabar. my father was a fisherman, and my mother was an artist. i had two younger siblings, a brother and a sister. we didn't have much, but we were happy, content with our lives. that all changed after my mother fell ill.[break][break]

"my father started to work more, as did i, just so we could make ends meet. but as she grew sicker, the more money we needed to help her, and so i started doing odd jobs which eventually put me on team rocket's radar. later on, i joined them on my own volition, thinking it would lead to a better life for my family. i was wrong.[break][break]

"a man by the name of nikolai cross was my mentor, briefly. he was who recruited me, and during that recruitment, i was instructed to kill a member of my family to prove my loyalty to team rocket. i chose my father. but cross killed them all anyways.[break][break]

"for the longest time, i wanted to make cross pay for what he had done. i hated him. i despised him. i would've burned everything just to make him feel what i felt. but i knew i couldn't reach him yet. i wasn't strong enough. so i put my head down and let vengeance drive me.[break][break]

"eventually, i became a mentor to his son, . he was a fragile boy, weak both physically and mentally, but he had potential. i did what was expected of me and helped him survive. but through it all, i never stopped wanting to hurt him. it was only after i made him kill his eevee that i realized just how blinded i was. i tried to kill him then.[break][break]

"after, i reflected and came to the conclusion that my anger had been misplaced. it was not i was angry at nor nikolai, not even after what he had done to my family. i was angry at myself for making those decisions myself. my will has always been mine, i made those choices, and so those consequences are mine to bear.[break][break]

"i forgave myself.[break][break]

"i tell you this story to remind you that vengeance cripples far easier than it empowers. be wary of this, your grace, when you seek out vengeance of your own."
[break][break]

VENGEANCE

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".underbossbeck"] --accent:#716075!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".becky"] --accent: #716075 } .becky b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .becky i { font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; } .becky { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .becky .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .becky .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .becky .body span { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; } .becky .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .becky .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".becky .oocnotes"] border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding-top:15px; width:200px; margin:10px auto 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".becky .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .becky .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .becky .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,342 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2024 1:13:37 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"vengeance? you think priam conrad, of all people, thinks of vengeance? he has no enemy! zilch! nada! maybe perhaps the state. being called the enemy of the state is kinda cool."

he does harbor resentment to one thing.

"one against all... that's the kinda narrative that would be nice to have!"

the world.

"oh, hey! whaddya know? me being in rocket makes a lot of sense now! like with all things i do, it does kinda fall into place without effort, huh?"

the lies do a poor job in depicting his goal. it makes his job to take him a step further his goal easier, but at the same time, it digs him a hole deeper than he can escape from.

"people 'round here hate the circumstances they've been put through, but at the same time, find the time to help. makes no sense, don't'cha think?"

it should be natural that they want vengeance against the world. priam thought rocket's goal was something akin to that, but saving it contradicts the notion that he has formed in his head.

"if someone takes you away from a nice, comfy life, and then forces you to let go of your personality, and then stop you from receiving what was rightfully deserved, rob you everything that makes you you, it's only normal to want to take revenge to the world that forced you into that place."

that's how most rockets lived their life before joining the organization.

"that's how most people here think. kinda fun to think that we're goin' against the flow, though. if the world wants us dead, then we're doin' the opposite of that!"

priam, on the other hand, thinks differently than what he spews out. he has to tell himself otherwise and convince himself to do the opposite, as that was what the world he grew up in teaches him to be.

"if you wanna know more 'bout the world, then ya gotta realize that most of 'em went through the hardships of different flavors. that's when you'll understand the weird way they think."

contradictions often happen. if one was to pry priam's thoughts, they'd find deception running deep within his disguise.

"maybe one day we'll be able to destroy the world. until then, you need to understand why a buncha people will save it despite not really likin' this place."

he doesn't like the way things are. he doesn't understand what to think. he wants to find reprisal to the world but fails to find an appropriate objective that settles him in a proper place.

"anyways, see ya later!"

if thigs went his way, there would have been no need to deceive his own self. it was the only way to survive a world he loathes.

@tags