priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
TALES BENEATH THE DYNA TREE (ROCKET)
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2024 17:00:38 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"sometimes, i have this memory of a friend."

yeah, my memory's, like, photographic! that's when people say you don't forget everything, because, you know, you're just perfect!

"i don't recall her name, nor her face. i don't really remember anything about her besides that maybe she existed."

of course, there's a reason i forgot about her! definitely! i don't just forget someone without a good reason.

"when i try to think of her, i remember her message-- something about doing what i want instead of what others want. she said i'll be happier that way, and i'll get a meaning out of my existence. i know she wasn't just my imagination since i wouldn't think like that."

i'm just that generous! i'm already so well-accomplished that doin' nothin' still puts me ahead of everyone. besides, everyone needs a lil bit of priam in their lives! my help really is just a blessing and who am i to keep it all to myself!

"thinking of her makes me feel good inside. it's the warm feeling of... something. i can't really explain it well, but i like thinking of that memory of her."

it's love, baby! your boy priam's a lady killer and you know it! well, maybe it's platonic, but it's still love, i think. i'm not really sure if that's what you call it, but most people in love describe it as that anyways.

"as much as i like the thought of it, i guess it's something i need to eventually let go. i feel bad, but i don't think i can survive with those ideals, hehe..."

cause priam conrad ain't scared of some sacrifice! he's not afraid to burn everything to the ground to get what he wants! i'm not really sure what it is, but it definitely doesn't involve inviting weakness like that!

"alright. one, two, three. three, two, one... hmm, ah! and that is all! don't ya dare spill everythin' i told ya! i'm gettin' embarrassed thinkin' about me sayin' all that!"

@tags
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2024 19:57:37 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"I've given up everything Rocket has asked me to."[break][break]

This time, Cillian wastes no time on small talk. As soon as the King requests his tale, Rocket's weary underboss pours out his lament.[break][break]

"I used to be a scientist, you know. I guess I still am." He taps his temple with a dry smirk. "In here. But I don't do much in the way of lab work, these days. Back in Cadis' day - that was the Rocket Boss before Walsh - we didn't have a whole lot of people willing to step up and lead. I think we were still sort of... fractured, after Silas - that was the Rocket boss before Cadis - kicked the bucket." Cillian's fingers drum an idle pattern upon his knee. "Anyway, point is, when they asked me to lead, I didn't hesitate. I knew what it would mean, you understand. Long nights, thankless work, blood on my hands. But I didn't care. Y'know why?"[break][break]

He gives a long pause, as if to actually afford the King time to consider the question.[break][break]

"Because Rocket matters to me. I told you, last time, that I want to lead. It's not because I want the power, though..." He laughs, admits, "I guess that's part of it, too. Might've been all of it, in the beginning. But now, mostly it's because I will not rest until Rocket has achieved its goals. Their goals are my goals. I'm not a scientist, any more, I'm a Rocket. Don't get me wrong; I'm not out for Walsh's blood, or anything." Not any more. But if anything happened to the Rocket Boss, Cillian would be more than willing to fill the void as Walsh had done before him.[break][break]

He looks not at Calyrex, but out over the Sootopolis Bay as he continues. "I killed my own brother for them. I'll do it again."[break][break]

He was not a scientist, not a brother, not even a husband first, but a Rocket. His love for was immense and nearly all-encompassing... but Rocket stood above even that. If Temp stood in their way...[break][break]

He won't. Cillian shelves the thought.[break][break]

"If I have to die for Rocket, I will."[break][break]

In an earlier tale, he'd told Calyrex he would do anything to survive. Anything, he now conveys, but betray Rocket. If the time came, he would SACRIFICE himself if it meant protecting them.[break][break]

"And if I have to kill to keep them safe, I will not hesitate."[break][break]

His smile is sharp as a blade as he stands, trusting the Calyrex to interpret his meeting. If you betray us, I will hunt you down.

SACRIFICE

[break][break]
[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,598 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 5:24:02 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Memory and Sacrifice kind of go hand in hand. You never really understand how much you've given up till it's already over."[break][break]

Tempest wipes the crumbs from his sandwich half from the corners of his lips with his thumb. Today, curled up under the tree, his knees are pressed close to his chest. Calyrex passes a neatly folded square of aluminum to the man, who takes it without word before folding his own empty wrapper into it. The late February rays of light dapple through the leaves of the Dyna Tree, making swaying patterns across his face when he glances up at the sky.[break][break]

I think... my whole life is build on memories and sacrifice. I'm Hoyeon. It's just in our blood at this point.[break][break]

When our lands were colonized, the Children of the Sea were not the ones who fought the hardest. We were just the most stubborn. We wouldn't let our invaders turn our precious lands into places to gawk and point at. We refused to let them take out children. So even when they took all our land, we made our own on one of our holy sites. They left us alone, mocked us, thinking we would die out.[break][break]

But we're stubborn. And we respected the Corsola whose backs we built upon, and we knew how to gather produce and fish from the water. So we lived. Now, even if the Children of the Earth and Sky are both bigger than us, more prosperous- at least we can say we survived. That we didn't give up our identities.[break][break]

We had to sacrifice a lot for that. Lots of people died. We had to give up so much.[break][break]

That all happened before I was alive. It's a deep memory in my blood, something that shaped who I was even before I was born. You can't take that history out of me even if you bleed me dry. I mourn for the people who came before me. I mourn for what was lost.[break][break]

This all happened before the League was the central body of government. Years and years we suffered. And when they took over? Some things changed for the better, but we're such a small group. It's not enough. It will never be enough to replace what was taken.[break][break]

I grew up poor living on scraps just like my forebears. When dangers hit the lands, we are helped only after others. My mom would still have been alive if medical had reached us sooner. But they diverted more resources to Slateport. She died before the overworked medics we did receive got to her.[break][break]

I miss her.[break][break]

Before she died, she always would rail about me finishing my schooling. My dad was forced to drop out of school, and my grandparents before him, and the ones before him... it was like that for most of my community. I was excited to be able to finish school. I never excelled in it, was never given the tools to excel to start, but she wanted that so badly for me and my younger sister to finish.[break][break]

I had to drop out when I was sixteen, like so many others. I got a job. I had to do it. I mourned for not finishing. My dad cried, but he doesn't know I know he did. We just needed money more than I needed to finish school.[break][break]

I went back and got a supplemental a few years later, but it's just not the same. I wonder sometimes if she would still be proud of me.[break][break]

Things changed for Pacifidlog when I became Gym Leader.[break][break]

Even that had a bitter tang to it. Ever since the Gyms were set up in Hoenn, there were only eight. Then they expanded it to ten and offered Pacifidlog a spot. The Challenge was really different when I was a kid. Then when Rocket came into Hoenn, a lot of the old guards swapped over to new leaders. All the Gyms were less about just battling for fun and became about churning Trainers out to be soldiers. I struggled to get my concept for a Gym pushed through, since it was more about critical thinking than raw combat. I miss how it was when I was a kid.[break][break]

That's when I went from being a nobody in Rocket to being slightly important. Suddenly I was a Mole, who worked close with the League. But at that point, I think I was just happy about the money I could pour into my home on the League's bill. I don't think Pacifidlog would have been as stable if not for that.[break][break]

In the end I gave that up, too.[break][break]

I gave it up for . I really do love him. I think I would have died by now if not for him. I've always had this... darkness in my chest. This pit. It doesn't make me want to hurt others, but it makes me hurt a lot. It makes me want to die. He's helped pull me out of that pit so many times.[break][break]

I gave up everything to be with him. I'm a wanted criminal now according to the League. I lost respect I worked to build up for years and years. I lost the right to even visit my father unless it's in secret. I gave all of that up and gave it to him, to Rocket instead.[break][break]

I would give up my life for him if I needed. I would go down in battle as his shield and I would be happy about it.[break][break]

You probably think I must be a very sad person after hearing all of that, right?
[break][break]

Tempest stopped his ramblings. At some point, he had folded his knees more against his chest, pillowed his arms on top to rest his chin. The Calyrex tilted it's bulbous head, a soft "Cro rown?" echoed. Tempest just shook his head and stretched himself back out.[break][break]

"Even with all the sad things I've been though, I try to stay positive. If you let yourself get too bogged down with all the bad you just freeze and stop moving forward. I don't want to be that kind of person."[break][break]

With a grunt, Tempest pushed himself to his feet and gave a large stretch. Calyrex stood up, too, from it's spot next to him. It kept looking at him with some intention, which made Temp raise a brow before offering a small smile.[break][break]

"I won't get to see you again after this, will I? Well, you should go down to the park over in the wide spot. When I got back from the memory, I worked hard to make you a statue. It was for you, so no one forgot.... but also for my daughter. So I wouldn't forget her."[break][break]

Tempest jerked his thumb over his shoulder, pointing at the approximate location it would be from up here.[break][break]

"I don't know where you're going or why, but stay safe out there. If you ever touch back down in Sootopolis... feel free to pay me a visit. I usually don't trust Legendary pokemon like you, but you've not seemed so... out of reach. As long as it won't hurt my husband, I'll be your ally."[break][break]

"Cro own!"

[attr="class","tag"]@ tales beneath

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 week four: sacrifice and memories

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
A keen mind cuts deeper than even the sharpest sword.
awards
1,017 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 23:42:24 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_lyrics"]Storytelling is the most powerful way
to put ideas into the world.
[attr="class","aurelie_body"]For the first time, Aurelie wondered what stories the other Calyrex that had approached the League was requesting from them and what stories it was hearing in response. Somehow, she suspected both their Calyrex and stories were probably all sweetness-and-light compared to Rocket's.

Was that a good thing, or a bad thing? And for whom? For that matter, did it even make sense to ask a question like that? None of them knew how this would end, after all. As far as Aurelie knew, nothing like this had ever happened before, whether in Hoenn, Galar, or even the memory-Galar worlds.

For now, as Rocket's Calyrex asked for a final story, Aurelie took a deep breath and began.

Once, there was a Munna who ate not dreams, but memories. Perhaps because dreams and memories are so closely interrelated. Or perhaps because memories could be seen, in effect, as dreams you have when awake, especially when dreams can often feel even more real and vivid than memories.

Living as it did in a war-torn region where Pokemon regularly battled and skirmished against each other, the Munna quickly became greatly in demand among the hardened warriors who had seen too much combat. Corviknights, Gyarados, Tyranitars, Tauros—all these Pokemon and many others sought out the Munna's aid to help them forget their memories of war, pain, and grief.

Indeed, there was one Emboar who came to the Munna over and over again to have its memories taken away. As one of the most powerful and renowned fighters in the region, it almost never had a chance to stop fighting. The well of the Emboar's heartbreaking, excruciating memories of blood, battle, struggle, and loss thus seemed utterly bottomless and its moments of peace all too few and fleeting.

Still, the Munna worked tirelessly. It was all too aware that it and its kin were often the only ones that could restore innocence and happiness to these traumatized warriors. It grew used to being asked to eat yet another Pokemon's most agonizing memories so that they could be free, at least for a while.

Perhaps for this reason, the Munna's closest friend was a Honedge who had never once asked it to eat its memories. The Munna never understood why, for the Honedge was also a veteran of many battles. Furthermore, the departed spirit that inhabited its blade was filled with terrible memories of pain and death.

Yet, it never asked.

The Munna grieved to see its friend suffering every day under the weight of its own memories. Finally, it spoke up. "My dear friend, please let me eat your memories too. I hate to see you in so much sorrow. Once I am done, it will be as if it never happened, and you can be at peace."

At once, the Honedge replied, "No. Thank you, my dear friend, but no."

"But why?" asked the Munna, shocked to have its offer refused so forthrightly.

"Because," the Honedge answered, "what am I, without my memories? I would be only a shell, an empty body. If I do not remember, if it is like it never happened, then I would have no past and thus no future.

"The memories I treasure most, the ones that have endured, are my memories of fear and anguish, pain and struggle. They are what make my moments of joy, hope, and love all the sweeter. If you took my memories, I would be free of pain, but I would also lose everything that makes me...well, me."

The Honedge swept its blue cloth from side to side in a resolute gesture. "And that is something I never wish to lose. So, please, do not take my memories from me. Be my friend—that is all I will ever ask of you."

The Munna listened in wide-eyed astonishment, and at the end, it nodded slowly. "I understand now why your memories are so precious to you, my friend. I promise that I will never take them away from you, unless you ask. I too never want you to lose what makes you most special and most beloved, especially for me."

[attr="class","aurelie_tag"]

Prompt: Tell a story of ghost and fighting.
Week: 2/25-2/29

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.aurelie]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#862939;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_lyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_body]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:14px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;color:#aaa;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag]text-align:center;font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag a]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
awards
714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 1:27:09 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
It's your last day of Calyrex duty, and this time, you've actually brought a story.

It took you a while to pick out. After all, you're not exactly the most well-read guy in the world, and his choice of topics weren't exactly in your wheelhouse. Hard to find tales of memory and sacrifice within lads mags. Hell, even if they were in there, you probably wouldn't have noticed them. But that's neither here nor there, is it? No, the point is, you've managed to scrounge something up. So, summoning all of your non-existent bardic prowess, you take a seat opposite of the Calyrex and Doublade, open your book to the front page, and clear your throat.

And then, you begin.

"The Very Hungry Caterpie, by Eric Carbink... In the light of the moon a little egg lay on a leaf. One Sunday morning the warm sun came up and - Pop! - out of the egg came a tiny and very hungry Caterpie. He started to look for some food--"

"Cro."

"Hang on, hang on! I'm not even at the good part yet! Fuckin' hell... Alright, SO! On Monday, he ate through one Oran Berry. But he was still hungry. And if you look, that page is only around a fifth of the length of the book, so you flip it and it reveals more pictures underneath." You turn the book around, clumsily demonstrating the innovative and exciting feature as best as your one arm can manage. "Pretty nifty, ain't it? Because when it's like this, you can only see one Sitrus Berry, but like this? Bam! Two Sitrus Berries. It's cool, right?"

"...Cro."

"Look, man, what do you want from me? I'm REALLY trying to be nice to you here, and this is the best I've got. Why've you got to be such a dick about it? You know how much Rocket is sacrificing just to indulge your little hunger for stories? You've got Admins and Beasts and Underbosses taking time out of their busy days to march up this hill and talk to you. When the fuck are you going to start paying that back, man? Enough with the chit-chat and the yapping and the ifs and the whens. Get off your ass and do something."

With that, you stand back up. Wow, you managed to burn through that feeling of fondness in record time. Oh well. It is what it is. All Kings Are Bastards and whatnot.

"Anyway, the moral of the story is that the Caterpie eats a bunch of food and then evolves into a Butterfree. Sacrifice. Memory. Bam. Done. You're full power now. Do us all a solid and go destroy League headquarters, yeah? See you around."

With that, you slam the book shut, and with your obligations fulfilled, begin to make your way back down the hill...

"...I thought it was a good story, sire."

"...Thanks, Doublade."

Sacrifice.
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
There are more things in heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy
awards
532 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 15:46:42 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]
[attr="class","nenet1body"]

The night was comfortable and the stars glittered brightly in the sky as Tauros roamed the forest looking for something to eat. He came across an old graveyard and beside it grew a gnarled and aged tree. Vines of grapes adorned the trees boughs.
[break][break]
"I have found a quick meal!" Tauros thought to himself. He lowered his head and charged at the tree, ready to dislodge a bundle of grapes. To his great surprise he passed through the tree's trunk and a grating laugh filled the air.
[break][break]
Enraged, Tauros lifted his great dark head and charged the tree again to no avail. With a bellow and a stomp, Tauros declared, "I didn't want grapes anyways!" and trot off into the forest.
[break][break]
Another eerie little laugh filled the air, and Trevenant's face slowly came into view on the tree's trunk. Slowly and purposefully, Trevenant moved its limbs and plucked one of the grapes from its bough to eat.
[break][break]
Had the Tauros only asked it would have shared.

NOTES

- Tales Beneath the Dyna Tree.[break]
- Week 2/25-2/29.[break]
- Prompt: Tell me a tale of ghost and fighting.

[attr="class","nenet1pkmn"]

[attr="class","nenet1credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".nenet1"]--accent:#EDE574;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,345 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2024 5:32:50 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","becky underbossbeck"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"as you are aware, my liege, my father was a fisherman, and when i was young, i'd often accompany him on his trips out to sea so early in the morning that it would take the sun hours before it would even break over the horizon. it was on those trips that i learned the art of fishing, and value of patience.[break][break]

"come, fish with me.[break][break]

"most consider fishing boring. i can see why they'd think that. you'd sit around for hours, hoping to get a bite, and when you eventually do, you're most often caught off guard, leading to action that's most oftentimes short and brief. then, you're back to casting your line out again and waiting.[break][break]

"what most fail to account for, however, is the beauty of the wait before the fight. it is a quiet unlike any other as you're left to your own thoughts, or the company around you, while you anticipate when the next fight will happen. in those moments, all is simple. your mind is allowed to roam, to reflect, and to dream.[break][break]

"you see, i value fishing not only because of the act itself, but because of what it allows me to do. fishing, for me, is an escape. it is peace in an otherwise violent time. it is the calm before the storm.[break][break]

"i wonder, my liege, if our time now reflects the same. does a storm await us?[break][break]

"it seems you have a bite. fish on, my liege."
[break][break]

MEMORIES

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".underbossbeck"] --accent:#716075!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".becky"] --accent: #716075 } .becky b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .becky i { font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; } .becky { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .becky .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .becky .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .becky .body span { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; } .becky .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .becky .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".becky .oocnotes"] border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding-top:15px; width:200px; margin:10px auto 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".becky .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .becky .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .becky .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Oob

He/him
Twenty-five
November 17th
Opelucid City
Gay
Researcher
Grunt
idk height
idk height
Days fade into a watercolour blur / Memories swim and haunt you
awards
240 posts
Alba Evovae DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alba
Alba Evovae
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2024 16:42:26 GMT
Alba Evovae Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","albaTemp"]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","tag"]

The King’s Ransom

“It’s been a while, king.”[break][break]

Vengeance. Deception. Nightmares and fears. These are the stories the dream-born high king has been demanding, and has feasted upon for these past two weeks. It had chosen the right place to plant its roots, if that was what its palate demanded; where better to hear such sweet bitterness than the beating heart of Hoenn’s wonderful criminal empire?[break][break]

All because of that statue, was it? A pettier beast than he expected.[break][break]

Alba had quietly stepped away after his first tale. He had no such stories to share. If he told the king as much, it would surely see the lie for what it was. Perhaps the king knew the lie already: but if it did, it made no mention of it.[break][break]

“I have a tale of memory for you. A memory of fighting, of sacrifice… Of ghosts, supposedly.” When Alba recites for Calyrex, his eyes are always unfocused, as if he’s looking at something beyond sight. For that final point on the list, they fix on Calyrex directly, countless words and emotions swimming deep in liquid steel.[break][break]

And then the moment passes, the storyteller clears his throat, and launches into his spiel.[break][break]

“There was once a land that was doomed to die. It was a land built with a single purpose: it told a story, one that needed to be once again discovered by the world. Much like a book, when that story was over it would come to a close. But a story requires people who are willing to listen. And so, the world dragged an audience into its embrace.[break][break]

“The story was a long one, you see. A long twenty years of page turning… Of reading through pages littered with strife, war, and venom. The audience awoke, dazed and confused, attacked by a dying king whose name had been lost to history. It would not be the last of their trials, for the greatest of lessons are told in the shadow of death.[break][break]

“The land itself was poison; purple tides rolled in like the tide, scarring the land as they were driven back. And yet, life went on; little pockets of the world were cleaned out and made into towns. A monster as black as ink laid waste to these, but still they persisted. And from its bones did they arm themselves.[break][break]

“It was a land not fit for life. It was the story of death and war, told with such vibrancy that it might as well have been real. But the sun and moon still set on that world that never was, for those twenty false years. Even when the edges of the pages started to fall apart, even when the inkwell started to run dry, the people who held up the story breathed and bled.[break][break]

“And now they are nothing at all. Just a memory that has already faded from so many.”[break][break]

At the end of his story, he drifts gently down from that wistful nostalgia, fixing Calyrex with that same inscrutable stare.[break][break]

“You sit here, demanding we bear our hearts and lives to save your own. Clawing your way out of a dream on a petal, the single survivor of the Rusted Shield…” A fist clenches, and unclenches, the weight of a hammer a distant memory. The king had died, and yet here it was; long live the king.[break][break]

“What right do you have to live? Why are you more important than the others who are no longer here?” His voice is even and controlled, as befitting of a royal bard meant to regale tales of deep and profoud sorrow. What was the point in doing otherwise? Alba Evovae was a knight, a minor piece on the board. A king cannot afford to shed tears for such a meaningless thing.[break][break]

“You should have had the grace to bring your subjects with you. That’s all.” With the sharpness of a book slamming shut, he gets up and walks away, a cry of “Cro rown!” carried on the wind behind him.

[attr="class","gunstest5ooc"]

NOTES

[break][break]@calyrex

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.albaTemp]--accent:#7269d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.albaTemp]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.3px;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp h1"]font:18px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp h2"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp .tag"]letter-spacing:.5px;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:18px;font:800 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp .post b"]font-size:14px;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp .pkmn img"]margin:5px -7px -10px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp .credit"]width:125px;background-color:#1c1c1c;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp .credit a"]font-size:10px;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp .fainted img"]filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.rbynote]border-width: 9px 9px 9px 9px;border-style:solid;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/UUqNs3l.png') 9 9 9 9 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px; margin-top:20px;background:#aaa;background-clip: padding-box;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2024 17:15:29 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar entered the king's throne room for the last time, appearing more tired than usual. What the king could not possibly know was that today happened to be very special to Oscar, and he had been up since midnight reflecting upon the past. This surely influenced his choice in story, as he began speaking to the king in a far more somber tone.

"Hey, I thought over what you want and I'm giving you something a little different than my last few stories. Let me tell you a little bit about my dad. He died today ya know--I mean not today but like eight years ago. It feels longer than it is, probably because my dad and I were never really close. Ya see, back in my childhood I wanted to be a dancer. I used to take ballet in elementary, that's right I was ballet boy. So what?"

"Anyway my dad never approved. He thought men shouldn't do ballet because--I dunno maybe he was scared I'd be gay, which is funny because he didn't care when I actually came out. He never really cared about anything except work. I can't count how many times I begged him to come see a recital. Just once, then I could prove to him why it was so precious to me. He wouldn't have it, once or twice he would act like he relented and would come but he never showed. Not once. His work was too important, he was in charge of a very controversial construction firm in Alola. My dad was probably fighting a different battle every day, just trying to prove that the company deserved to exist. That its destruction of natural ecosystems was for the good of humanity or some shit. He was busy, is what I mean."

"Well, it wouldn't be until years later where I'd find out that there was one time where he actually tried to come to a show. It was my last one for the year, and I was feeling pretty defeated because I couldn't muster the passion to continue dancing if my dad hated it so much. I should have been tougher, who gives a fuck if the old man doesn't approve? Whatever, I made my choice already. Anyway, I can't tell my dad's side because I only know what happened at the end. I like to imagine though, in the quiet hours of the night when my mind won't stay still. I picture him at his desk, setting up for a big presentation he would have to give later that evening. Around that time he had a picture of my brother and I on his desk, and I like to think he stopped to look at it. I imagine him focusing in on my young face, and for a miracle of a moment he feels a twinge of fatherly love. He realizes how quickly time moves, and how he's been sitting at his desk as years roll by. Then he makes a faithful choice. He gets up, grabs his coat, and leaves the office."

"My dad chose to go to my last recital, and if I had looked out on the crowd and saw him that night--I probably would have made a lot of different decisions. He didn't make it though. By the time he got to the community center where I had performed, the show had been over for an hour. I bet he thought it was funny, I doubt he was disappointed. I only found out he tried at all after he died, he shared the story with my brother. Not with me though. Had to hear it second hand."

"So answer me this, sire. Who made the sacrifice here? Did my dad sacrifice precious time solidifying his family's future to catch a glimpse of my childhood? Did I sacrifice my interest in dancing to chase after my father's approval? Maybe a bit of both? Maybe neither. I know you won't actually answer, that's alright. Thanks for hearing me out, I hope you got what you wanted." With that Oscar turned and left without further acknowledgement. He had a rough night ahead of him.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,383 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2024 19:38:07 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
she arrived again, giving little greeting but a curious stare. she spoke easily and openly this time, though still, it did not technically fall under the umbrella of fables. it was something. It was relevant, and she was contributing.[break][break]

“my last family tried to chase me down and kill me after a misunderstanding. when they couldn’t locate me, they killed my lover. team rocket offered me protection, but it didn’t erase those memories.[break][break]

“my little brother betrayed us, and he was to be punished. because of what i’d been through before, i feared without logical reason that i would be punished too. i was doing work to try and save the world; i had to remain able to do that, so i disappeared.[break][break]

“in the summer, when i reached galar was when darkrai left to return here. i predicted it would happen, for it had things to tend, and it shares a connection with our leader. it felt like a necessary sacrifice, to continue important work – until i realized i could not continue things there. in autumn i came back, despite my fears.”[break][break]

“there is punishment for betrayal in our family, and desertion is seen as the same. we agree to a life of devotion; to defend one another, and further our goals to bring peace to this region. i was spared despite that law, because is a merciful man.”
unlike the powers that governed their land, as she’d explained before.[break][break]

”though i long for that connection that i lost, my work is more important than any other power i could have. it is my life; my worth to the world, abd so as long as it does not conflict with the good efforts of our family, i will always make the necessary sacrifices for its continuation.”[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]@calyrex [break]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,376 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 7:10:46 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa2"]
[attr="class","top"]

I'm afraid I'm not in the mood to tell stories. I'm sorry. I can't think of any more. I'm too tired.[break][break]

My mother used to tell me stories, though. She'd tell me old Galarian and Kalosian fairy tales every night before I went to sleep, and it was like a little ritual -- a secret time that only belonged to us. I loved my father, but I don't think I've known any love like my mother's love.[break][break]

Hers is the only love I've ever believed in, I think.[break][break]

My husband was glad when she died. I know he was -- I'm certain of it. When you're married to someone long enough, you know them better than they know themselves. My mother saw him for the monster that he was, and he despised her for it.[break][break]

That was the first time I ever wanted to kill him, when I learned he'd hidden her death from me. I couldn't visit her grave until after he died. I went to the funeral of the husband I killed, but I was absent for hers. I never forgave him for that.[break][break]

Whatever love I had left for him died that day.[break][break]

He said, 'Your mother was no saint.' He said, 'Your father's first love was always himself.' He said, 'You throw your perfect family in front of me, but let's not pretend they didn't sell you to me.'[break][break]

I knew we were indebted, but not to whom. I knew my father gambled, though I was too young to understand the severity of it. I knew my mother carried all my father's troubles on her back, but I didn't know how much she'd suffered for him.[break][break]

I didn't understand the sacrificial kind of love my mother had taught me until it was too late. I didn't understand that women like us always suffer for the sins of the men we love.[break][break]

My mother was a painter. It wasn't a thing that ever made much money, but it brought her a lot of joy. I remember she took a trip to Floaroma Town once though to complete a series of watercolours. Someone had paid her a great deal to do so. Those paintings, I remember, breathed back a safety and security into my household that my father's vineyard had struggled to maintain as his gambling worsened.[break][break]

It wasn't her artistry, though, that saved us. My mother had made deals with the criminals my father had tangled himself up in. She'd money laundered for them, using her reputation in the artistic community as a shield. It started that way, at least, but as the debts kept climbing, the demands for paying them got higher.[break][break]

Our remote home in the countryside became a means for smuggling criminals and black market goods. I was just a child, and I didn't understand why some of my mother's friends only visited when my father was away. She hid the truth from both of us. She didn't want my father to suffer for her sins, the way she'd suffered for his.[break][break]

I thought my marriage to my husband would be a fairy tale ending, like the stories she'd always read to me. I didn't marry him for his money, but I wasn't blind to it. I thought, how perfect could it be if love solved everything for us? He'd offered to help pay my father's debts. He'd offered to save the vineyard I so loved. I thought, finally, my mother's worries and fears would be relieved.[break][break]

I was nineteen. I was such a child.[break][break]

The only reason my mother didn't fight my marriage harder was because my husband had known. He'd always known. And he'd threatened to expose her sins to my father, and to me, if she tried to sway me from the marriage. He said he had the kind of money that could make the crimes she'd committed go away. He said he could make things easier for us all, if she just complied.[break][break]

He bragged about this to me later. He'd taken great delight in peeling back that floorboard to reveal all the hideous truths my mother had shielded me from, stripping this last innocence from me.[break][break]

'Your mother was a criminal, and your father was a fool. I took pity on you, Lisa, but the apple never falls far from the tree.'[break][break]

When I became an admin of intelligence in Rocket, I looked for those records. I wanted him to be wrong.[break][break]

I have the proof of all my mother's sins and all my father's debts now. This is the truth: that the shackles binding me to this organization have always been there, even if I couldn't see them. Even the parts of my life that I thought were free were lived in a prison, but it was one my mother disguised with fairy tales, long walks in the garden, and paintings that showed a world kinder than the one she knew.[break][break]

I have no wisdom to give you. I don't know what to make of all the sacrifices my mother made for me. They feel as if they amounted to nothing, in the end. I don't love her any less for them; I love her more, if I am to be honest. My heart breaks for her.[break][break]

My father had been the sick one. He'd started to lose his mind, and I'd thought he'd be the first of us to leave this world. Instead, it was my mother.[break][break]

She died young. I had barely been married a year, and she was so terribly frightened for me. There was a moment I think I could have escaped with her, if I had been braver. If I had known she was going to die so soon, I think I would have.[break][break]

But we always think we have more time than we do.[break][break]

I'm sorry. I don't know why I'm telling you this.[break][break]

This wasn't the story I'd meant to tell.

[attr="class","ooc"]
A TALE OF SACRIFICE

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa2"] --accent:#db7093!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,766 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 7:49:42 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Alright, now next is foreign policy. Don't fall asleep on me!"

The stack of books that surrounded the king and his advisor had grown tall and fat. Ponderous tomes bound in languages few from Rocket could read adorned the king's court. There were books on kingship, books on heroism, books on imperial policies. The most prevalent of these tomes were the histories.

The lattermost tomes had been chosen with great consideration. Few in Hoenn could choose a finer selection of kings, regions, and eras from which an aspiring king would learn. There were tales of tribal leaders from Hisui, from which would likely appreciate. There were tales of Hoyeon battles, Unovan kings, and even begrudgingly, stories on Galar's royal family and House Calcifet.

He despised , thinking more highly of , but their ancestors had been impeccable people.

"You must learn to parley with foreign powers. Rocket is foreign to every world, to every other group. We are not seen as legitimate. Our authority doesn't derive from epochs of tradition like Galar's crown, nor is Rocket a highly evolved democracy. Our authority stems from power and capability. In that sense, we are pure. Vile, put pure."

Howard's eye flicked to the king. He scratched his chin, stubble scraping against his fingernails as he did so. This had been a long night. He desperately needed a shave. His eyepatch lay in the grass, undisturbed. The Key Stone that glinted in his eye occasionally appeared whenever his missing eye's eyelids fluttered. The Key Stone was surrounded in a hideous scar, partially scribed in various runes.

"We rely on ability. You must be capable if you are to rule. I'm practically worthless, but I've made myself invaluable to Rocket. You must be the same, but you must also be strong."

Calyrex was strong. Of that, he was sure. It had blasted away the three birds that had attempted to gorge on Dyna Fruit, which gave great credibility to its power. He wondered how and were doing. Hopefully their birdwatching had gone well.

"Crowow?"

"I don't know what that means." Howard sighed. "I wish Shred was here. He's good at translating. I don't know if it's the booze or the drugs, but he's the best translator I know."

Howard cocked his head.

"Or he's fucking with me."

"Crowow?" Calyrex pointed at his missing eye, and Howard frowned. He touched the scar-laden surface and flinched, hissing in pain. Fried nerves that stung in the cold had become his constant companion.

It was a story that he had kept buried. It wasn't in a database, it wasn't recounted anywhere else. It was simply a fact of life that Howard had omitted due to trauma. Sometimes, he found himself screaming awake at what had transpired, a recollection of his eye, something he'd never see again.

He felt Shirley's Pokeball tremble at his belt. His imagination was overreacting today.

"Fine. Where do I begin?" Howard sucked in air and thought back. "When I was younger, I had gotten Shirley from a preserve for fossil Pokémon. They were rare at some point, if you can believe it. Poachers were constantly trying to break in and steal them for breeding, but my dad pulled some strings and got Shirley for me.

His words were bitter for a moment.

"That was the first and last time he used his connections to get me ahead in the world."

Networking was imperative, and Howard did it constantly. Yet he never liked the idea of being placed on a higher pedestal due to something as obscene as the circumstances of his birth. He did not use his parents' money. He did not rely on their connections. He simply did his best. If he accomplished something, it would be due to hard work, not due to nepotism.

Then, he got nothing. Nothing but debt and internships. What was he to think of that?

"Way back when, I went into this ruin with Shirley. I thought I'd find... something. Anything. Instead I found..."

He heard the scream of a rusted iron hinge and the roar of grinding stone. Fear. He tamped the memory down. It couldn't hurt him. All he did now was relive the memory. He had always been afraid, but when he had held up that knife...

It got so much worse. Half of his vision gone, replaced with darkness. He had tore out his eye for wisdom, to save Shirley, and bled for nine hours. No food. No water. No wisdom.

Instead, there was only darkness. There was no knowledge there now, only darkness and missing sight.

"I found sacrifice."
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,911 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 8:06:26 GMT
shiv Avatar

TBTDT (ROCKET)

THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING

TALES BENEATH THE DYNA TREE will receive a finale post shortly. Thank you all for participating with your characters!!
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,911 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2024 6:32:54 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]TALES BENEATH[break]THE DYNA TREE (ROCKET)

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

SCHEDULED END: FEBRUARY 29TH, 11:59PM PST
LIMITED TIME EVENT
ROCKET ONLY

[player]https://file.garden/ZXZrnWMYuz15frfJ/HOENN%20MUSIC/CALYREX%20THEME.mp3[/player]
[break]

🎼 Calyrex Theme - Pokemon Sword and Shield

SOOTOPOLIS CITY

THE LAST TALE IS TOLD. With regal poise, Rocket's High King contemplates every story it has heard. Each verse is savoured like ambrosia—but the mnemonic taste is cut with blood. CALYREX remembers a death by 's earthen hands and smells the rust of corruption in the League's body.[break][break]

The Hare King perceives reverence and spite. In particular, 's SURVIVOR'S GUILT strikes a chord within the verdant royal—but it does not know why.[break][break]

"cro-rown."
[break][break]

Power returns to the CALYREX. It dances a small jig, psychic energies swirling about its lithe body before rising to crown its head that now glows bright green.[break][break]

Around SOOTOPOLIS CITY, the barren crater suddenly bursts with nature's blessings. Shallow soils become fertile and rich. Vines and flowers spring out of cracked, bleached stone.[break][break]

Around the city, a shimmering blue rises around the city: a DYNAMAX BARRIER of some kind, but perceptibly different. The same glow overtakes a poor Rocket grunt. His jaw drops like a puppet's as the King speaks through him:[break][break]

"protection against giants." The High King declares. "none shall dynamax in the capitol while this barrier stands."[break][break]

---
[break][break]

The CALYREX turns to , the blacksmith. Beside King, the possessed vessel floats.[break][break]

"i have beheld thine skill in the craft of smithing, a lineage steeped in the fires of metalwork. i beseech thy assistance; fashion for me a saddle of staunch resilience, and forge a shield of formidable might. a familiar, ominous force draws near, and we must ready ourselves for the impending clash of war."[break][break]

has a direct decree from CALYREX to forge a special SADDLE AND SHIELD. However, the creation of these artifacts will take many attempts and much time.[break][break]

Although Aurelie will not be in possession of a CALYREX SHARD, she may incorporate the CALYREX'S PRESENCE in any thread involving her smithing. The CALYREX will not possess a vessel to speak in these instances, opting instead to focus its energies on maintaining the barrier around SOOTOPOLIS locally or from afar.

The barrier shines the brightest blue. As bright as the seas that surround it. But for how long can this new protective power last? After all, the League intends to lay siege to Sootopolis... but the scarlet flames of war will grace the mainland soon enough.

REWARD

REWARD FOR POSTING[break]
FOR EVERY WEEK

[img src="https://raw.githubusercontent.com/msikma/pokesprite/master/items/other-item/dynamax-candy.png" style="float:none;box-shadow:none;border:none" title="1x DYNAMAX CANDY"][break][break]

THANK YOU ALL FOR PARTICIPATING!

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]