TAG WITH @marshall
Marshall Slade
MANTINE SURFING (SPLASHFEST)
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 14:45:08 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marshallpost"]
[attr="class","marshallposttext"]

Marshall may have failed the OVER-THE-GYARADOS the first time, but that was to be expected. Look at how long it had taken him to do a proper Magikarp Splash, after all! He was not going to let that wipeout affect his confidence.[break][break]

Once more, he and his Mantine attempted the trick.[break][break]

apguHUt3

[attr="class","marshallpostooc"]

NOTES

+ Mantine Surfing (Total Points: 5000)[break]
+ Successful Tricks: Magikarp Splash

[googlefont=Roboto Flex]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.marshallpost]--accent:#D45A40;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marshallpost]font:13px Roboto Flex;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallposttext b"]color:var(--accent); } .marshallpost .marshallposttext a { font:13px Roboto Flex;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .marshallpost .marshallposttext i { color:var(--accent); } .marshallpost .marshallposttext u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallpostooc"]} .marshallpost .marshallpostooc b { color:var(--accent); } .marshallpost .marshallpostooc a { font:13px Roboto Flex;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .marshallpost .marshallpostooc i { color:var(--accent); } .marshallpost .marshallpostooc h1 { font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;letter-spacing:.5px } .marshallpost .marshallpostooc u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallpostpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

liekos

leo, leon
he/him
twenty-eight
september 30th
rustboro city, hoenn
demirom. bisex.
ceo, inventor
ace
save a little
love for me
6 ft 5 in (~196 cm) height
6 ft 5 in (~196 cm) height
i wish i were better, i wish i had strength. i wish i had anything to prove i was brave.
awards
468 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leonidas
Leonidas Stone
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 15:14:20 GMT
Leonidas Stone Avatar
[nospaces]

Another day, another time grossly sobbing over not getting a Magikarp Splash.[break][break]

XIvq3BmV
[break][break]

@tag[break]
1600 pts + ?

close tab

played by

liekos

caturix
he/him
thirty-four
december 21st
wyndon, calar
demirom. pansex.
pro fighter, hitman
executive
show me
where the delicate stops
6 ft 11 in (~211 cm) height
6 ft 11 in (~211 cm) height
you can call me king of the world
awards
223 posts
Cain Toman DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cain
Cain Toman
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 15:22:42 GMT
Cain Toman Avatar
[nospaces]

Let's get this Over-the-Gyarados, brah.[break][break]

umIdnuyW

@tag[break]
5000 pts + ?

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,482 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 15:46:33 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar
Again, Thomas would attempt to pull off the Magikarp Splash

yr1jLJTy

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,560 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 16:04:36 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Arceus please land me a Magikarp Splash. Callan thought to himself, as he rode the wave back up again.

azpy8uEe
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 16:09:57 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

If you fail once, try something harder next time!

[break][break]

That’s exactly what Eva does. MAGIKARP SPLASH here we go!

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break][break]

+ Going for a MAGIKARP SPLASH[break][break]

ahhofxtT

[break][break]

Total Points: +3,250 (Primarina Twist, Lanturn 360, Starmie 720)

[newclass=".evaa"]--accent:#a9d39d; --speech:#a9d39d;[/newclass]

[newclass=".evaa"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; background:#111; padding-bottom:10px; border:1px solid #232323; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .top"]height:350px; background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/q1Q4tR4/image.png); background-size:cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main"]font:12px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:25px 30px 30px 30px; border:1px solid var(--accent); margin:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main::first-line"]color:var(--accent); font:italic 12px/13px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main b"]color:var(--speech); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main i"]color:var(--speech);[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar"]background:#111111; text-align:center; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); padding-bottom:10px; border-bottom:1px solid #848484;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar img"]filter:grayscale(100%); width:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .ooc"]background:#171717; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); margin-top:20px; padding:20px; font:9px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
A keen mind cuts deeper than even the sharpest sword.
awards
1,023 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 16:16:41 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_lyrics"]A soul is forged in the flames of adversity.
[attr="class","aurelie_body"]The Magikarp Splash was the only trick that she hadn't succeeded at yet, and it was proving an enormously challenging mountain to climb. She only hoped that her struggles would make the hopefully-eventual ultimate achievement all the sweeter. She bent her knees and tensed her muscles as her Mantine skillfully rode the waves, preparing to launch herself in the air again for yet another try.

[attr="class","aurelie_tag"]

|kT7SqXU
Failed the Magikarp Splash
Total points: 6350
Completed the Gorebyss Spin, Lanturn 360 (2), Primarina Twist, Starmie 720, Over-the-Gyarados

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.aurelie]width:500px;padding:40px;background:#862939;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_lyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_body]width:500px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:14px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;color:#aaa;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag]text-align:center;font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag a]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
i'm just a demon who goes along with hell as far as she can.
awards
1,315 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 17:56:29 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

We die on this hill.

STARMIE 720!

yzXBlDfb

trick failed
point total: 1600
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 18:19:57 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
She's spit out mercilessly onto the glittering sands along with her Mantine. It flails about for a few seconds, looking about as happy with her as she is with her latest results.

"Okay, one more time." Hoisting herself up onto the Mantine, they turn from the shallows to face yet another potentially humilliating situation. Thankfully everyone else seems to be in the same spot.

jMaM9y2c

primarina twist
total: 11850 points
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,345 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 18:46:25 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
the last one doesn't count since he was just warming up. you can't call exercises actual attempts since they're really just that.

this time, he's serious. he never fails on anything, and every "fail" he got was just him messing around or simply testing the waters. he still hasn't synergizes with his mantine, and only then will it actually count.

he goes into the water on the mantine, ready for a go.

qI3GVEjO
magikarp splash

@tags
close tab

played by

aero

wolfy
he/him
december 6
azalea town, johto
bisexual
mechanic
baker boy
dating
94 height
94 height
awards
381 posts
part of
TAG WITH @wolfgang
wolfgang volkov
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 18:48:36 GMT
wolfgang volkov Avatar
he doesn't actually go outside much, contrary to his build. he felt like he was going to be humiliated by the first try, but given that he was pushed into this and agreed, he can't fault anyone but himself for trying.

he gets on the mantine. it feels different from any other flying-type he had ridden on, and to think he has to balance himself on top of it without any traction already has him thinking he won't be able to do it.

still, there was no choice but to try the best trick, and that he does.

mdHElG0d
magikarp splash

7/30 - +5000 (magikarp splash)
8/1 - +2500 (over-the-gyarados)
8/6 - +1750 (starmie 720)
8/7 - +1000 (primarina twist)
8/8 - +500 (lanturn 360)
8/9 - +100 (gorebyss/huntail spin)

total: 10850
@tags
close tab

played by

Nano

shiba inu
She/Her
thirty
april 4th
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
inu ceo
civilian
and in this hell you'll stay
24 height
24 height
if this is the last night and you're feeling hollow - i'll give you my half life so you see tomorrow
awards
122 posts
SHEBA INOUE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sheba
SHEBA INOUE
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 19:26:58 GMT
SHEBA INOUE Avatar
[nospaces]

y'know what for shits and giggles lets go again. magikarp splash wahoo

[break][break]
35FIdGNC

@tag[break]
10,000 pts

close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 19:31:23 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

It was time. The hardest trick in the set awaited her: the deceitfully named Magikarp Splash. It looked easy, sure. No crazy flips or jumps that risked dropping her into the ocean. Just a couple of easy spins and turns followed by essentially having the Mantine flop in mid-air. But the precision was what got most people. If you didn't do it perfectly, it didn't count toward your score. Magikarp was often underlooked, especially when all it could do was Splash about. But if Julia wanted to nail this, she'd have to really think about just what that Splash looked like and imitate it to perfection.

[break][break]Here goes nothing!

[break][break]
BnhqsMRq

[break]A sloppy performance, nothing like a true Magikarp. The judge gave her a thumbs-down. Dang.[break]

[attr="class","julianotes"]

[break]Gorebyss Spin: +100
[break]Lanturn 360: +500
[break]Primarina Twist: +1000
[break]Starmie 720: +1750
[break]Over-the-Gyarados: +2500
[break]TOTAL: 5850

[attr="class","juliapokes"]

[newclass=.julia] width: 450px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julia b] color: #d49736; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia a] text-decoration: none; color: #d49736; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #d49736; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia i] color: #d49736; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliatag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.juliatag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.julianotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julianotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d49736; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julianotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliaw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.julia span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliapokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #d49736; padding: 5px; width: 440px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.juliapokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

kohaku

She/Her
Twenty-Five
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
*shrugs*
Freelancer/Ex-Ace Child Detective
Civilian
--- height
--- height
Let's Keep things a bit clandestine, shall we?
awards
410 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaine
Elaine Highland
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 20:58:14 GMT
Elaine Highland Avatar
Just one more trick left to complete the set. And this time, there was no way she could fail.

WLeiMXdJ
Attempts Gorebyss Spin
Total Points: 10850
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass.
awards
579 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 22:19:24 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar

The Mantine floats lazily along the waves as Jack watches the other rides perform, or at least attempt to perform, their tricks. From the corner of his eye, Jack spots a good wave and jumps on the opportunity. Together he and the Mantine speed off in excitement.

JIyzK_Ud

Mantine Surfing

[break]NOTES: Over-the-Gyarados (+0 pts)[break]Total: 6,000 pts[break]Completed: Primarina Twist, Magikarp Splash