saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Hoenn Job Fair [Megathread/O]
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2022 3:48:22 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

"i call it like i see it," he states, shrugging an idle shoulder as he follows and reaches for a macaron next. at the mention of weddings, he nods, affirming: "i most certainly will be."[break][break]

matias has no intentions of eavesdropping but that is exactly what he finds himself doing as he continues to stand by the booth devouring the macaron. his gaze is elsewhere, however, cast out to the rest of the fair perhaps in search of something or someone of interest.[break][break]

florist and a baker? sure does it all.[break][break]

for now, he remains by the stall, though his gaze does eventually land on . something about the man seems familiar but he's not quite sure what yet.[break][break]

NOTES:[break]
- attending on behalf of THE HOENN MILITARY[break]
- chilling at 's tent

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-dodrio"]

[newclass=".sixeyes"]--accent:#5d464e; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote b, .sixeyes blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2022 4:42:35 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
With his arrangements with Delibird Deliveries made, Josh was about to wander further, when he received a text message from Shelly requesting he return to the booth to cover for her, as she wanted to get lunch. "Isn't it a bit early for lunch? I'm omw" was his quick reply. She had just started her shift not long ago, and she already wanted to go to lunch? Something wasn't right.

The real reason she sent the Leader the text was to subtly attract his attention that someone important was at his booth. And was it ever someone important. When he returned, he got out no more than a greeting before seeing one of Hoenn's most stellar VIPs, , was glancing over most of the Gym's advertisements. "Mr. Silph!" Josh recognized the man from working with him during the League's VALOR Initiative. Of course, he would recognize the Hoenn Racing League's biggest sponsor. "How can I help you today?" While it was clear he was doing his best to keep his best business-friendly customer service face, it was also clear he was nervous in the oligarch's presence despite having done business with him before.

tl;dr:

- Josh is running a stall hiring for Mauville Racing Grounds.
- Josh receives a text from his secretary to return to his post.
- Josh greets with Beautiflies in his stomach.
- OPEN TO INTERACTION!

{WC: 193}
{PC: 4}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Saber         Manectric      Good
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2022 6:32:58 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 She’s late!

Super late.

Doesn’t that just show such professionalism and dependability?

With the departure of , The League was looking for new interns – and really anyone interested in advancing their careers in STEM. Eva wasn’t sure about , but she had way too much on her plate and needed to delegate some of the tasks to budding scientists.

The Head Professor, basically in shambles, rushed through the small crowd with her arms full of papers shoved under on arm, a large sign clutched to her chest, and a box of goodies and informational pamphlets holding it all together. Her emerald eyes could barely peek over the edge of the tall box, “Oh! Excuse me! Coming through!”

By the miracle of some divine being, she happened to make it to the empty table with the contents intact.

”Ha!” she smiled in triumph to really no one in particular (the box). Eva hoped she wasn’t too late. It still seemed rather crowded. Hopefully there were some people interested in The League’s scientific endeavors. Eva hummed happily to herself while she set up the contents of her booth: pamphlets outlining the different departments, links to applications, intern and summer research programs, and specific information on the current openings within her personal lab.

Open for Interaction!
Eva is here representing The League, particularly her own lab to advertise opportunities in STEM

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2022 6:53:06 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

HOENN JOB FAIR

PROACTIVE SCOUTING

“AH,” he says, startled by the sound of his own name. when he turns his head, he break into a small and humble smile.

mister devlin,” is both acknowledgement and a greeting. “i was wondering when i would see you.

he turns back to the booth, perusing the displays before he waves his hand over the advertised positions.

it’s a curious thing to see how vast and varied the help you need is. quite ambitious to seek out so much so quickly.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,686 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2022 15:13:00 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zevh"]
[attr="class","zevhtitle"]

HOENN JOB FAIR MEGATHREAD

[attr="class","zevhbody"]

If Zev were honest, he hadn't thought of all day, though the sight of the bouquets at Fiorelli Floristry had turned his thoughts toward her. Despite how often they saw each other, he still didn't know what kind of flowers the astrobiologist liked — or if she liked flowers at all. But that was to be expected. After all, their dalliances were nothing more than passing entertainment for the both of them.[break][break]

In other words, they weren't dating or anything.[break][break]

"Nah, not today. She did love the ones I got her for her birthday, though," Zev admitted, allowing himself a cheeky smile of triumph at the memory of Nenet's delighted expression.[break][break]

Finished with his macaron, he absently dusted the crumbs off his hands before stuffing them into his jacket's pockets.[break][break]

"Anyway, I should head back to my booth. If you find yourself in need of a strong drink, stop by." He turned his businessman's smile to . "That goes for you, too. It's Howling at the Moon."

[break][break]

NOTES

- Open to interaction![break]
- Has set up a booth for his bar, Howling at the Moon[break]
- Currently at the booth for Fiorelli Floristry

[attr="class","zevhpkmn"]

[attr="class","zevhcredit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".zevh"]--accent:#975fb2;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevh .zevhtitle"]letter-spacing:.5px;text-transform:uppercase;font:800 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevh b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevh i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevh u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevh a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevh h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevh h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevh .zevhbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:jutify;font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevh .zevhpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevh .zevhcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevh .zevhcredit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2022 17:26:40 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Skyler's hand unhesitantingly reaches out to grasp 's in a solid handshake. Her grin, when it surfaces to grace the curve of her lips, perfectly mirrors the mechanic's enthusiasm. "Skyler Dross, ship captain and Nautica's co-owner. Pleased to meet ya, Cygne- why haven't I heard of you before?"

Arceus knew how hard it was to find a worthwhile mechanic these days in Hoenn. Most of those who'd done work on the Sotally Tober before, and knew of her quirks and custom engine, had all traded Hoenn for less chaotic and potentially safer regions.

Wise men and women. 

"Ah- yeah, I've been meaning to change that. But it's an old engine. Parts of it anyway." Fingers run through blonde tresses in open frustration. "Fully replacing it would run me to the ground. Getting Betty in there was a pain in the ass as it was, with all the damage it sustained in the war- But worth it in the end."

Subconsciously, the captain leans in 's direction, caught up in the electric rush of acknowledgement. 

"She's temperamental too, the ol' girl," she continues, uncaring for oxygen as words nearly trip over themselves in their rush to leave her mouth. "Pipes have been known to burst every so often- nothing too damaging, but she certainly keeps you on your toes."

Had heard this, he would've laughed in her face. Or at least smirk in that annoyingly smug way of his.

And also known that she wasn't talking about the Sotally Tober, not exactly. 

open to interactions!
notes:
- setting up a stall alongside
- looking for partnerships/business partners
- looking for clients and potential (?) employees

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2022 21:05:20 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelocam"]
Well, if the other regions get shy about comin' to Hoenn's shores, then I don't mind making the first move.” He smiles, less sheepish than his counterpart. “We've just got to make sure the shipment is worth the trip.

That, admittedly, was the biggest hurdle. But it was one that Angelo was confident they could conquer. 

I don't think it'll be too difficult to find clients that'll need our combined services, though. Businesses, most likely. Delivering relief equipment and goods after Meteno. Just to name a few.

He was sure that there were opportunities that had been unable to accept due to not having the means of transportation. If Nautica could cover the larger of shipments or even deliveries to further lands, then they'd have access to a wider clientele. 

And, perhaps, both profit. 

But that sounds good to me. The three of us will write something up that'll cover the holiday season. Think of it as a trial period.

Reaching a compromise, Angelo reaches a hand out to to seal the promised deals to come. 

Free to swing by the Sotally Tober this weekend? I was thinking of cookin' Arancini. They're really good. Kind of like an Alto Marean version of Johtonian rice balls - oh, but you fry 'em.

More often than not, such invitations automatically came with a free home cooked meal, courtesy of Angelo and Sammy.

It would give them the opportunity to work out a deal that worked for both Delibird Deliveries and Nautica. With the added bonus of ensuring Locke actually ate a proper meal.

notes;

- manning a nautica stall with  
- now expanding business internationally 
- exploration services available for the wilds 
- looking for clients and potential employees
- open to interaction
[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2022 15:03:08 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","heartmail"]
[attr="class","heartpicmail"]
[attr="class","heartpkmnlistmail"]

[attr="class","heartpkmnmail"]

[attr="class","hearticonholdermail"]
[attr="class","hearticonmail"]
[attr="class","heartnoteboxmail"]
[attr="class","heartnotesmail"]

- setting up a stall for delibird deliveries
[break]
- latias' disguise
[break]
- open to interaction!

[attr="class","heartsidemail"]

[attr="class","hearttagmail"]@open

[attr="class","hearttextboxmail"]

[attr="class","hearttextmail"]
"Fried rice balls…" The thought made Locke's stomach rumble. Maybe one hot dog hadn't been enough.

[break][break]

"Deal!" he eagerly agreed, moving to clasp his friends hand as twenty sets of eyes abandoned the pile to face , as if he might produce the promised meal right then and there.

[break][break]

A bouquet of thin, white strips of paper beat both Locke and the flock to the handshake, however, as Latias shoved several perfume strips into Angelo's waiting hand.

[break][break]

Rose, lavender, jasmine, sweet pea, primrose-the competing floral scents were overwhelming, and the courier immediately retracted their hand to shield their nose against the assault on their senses.

[break][break]

Latias seemed quite satisfied with her "gift" at least.

Nano

[newclass=.heartmail]position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; background:#F5EBEB; padding:2px; border-radius:100px 5px 5px 5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartpicmail] position:absolute; height:250px; width:500px; background: linear-gradient(-90deg, #F5EBEB, transparent), url("https://i.imgur.com/wNIShce.png") no-repeat center; border-radius:100px 0px 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearticonmail] height:100px;width:100px;background-image:url("https://i.imgur.com/kpVDEBG.png"); border-radius: 50px 50px 50px 50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartpkmnlistmail] width:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.heartpkmnmail] position:relative; top:0px; right:-220px; height: 30px; width: 30px; padding:2px; margin:2px; background-color: #bbb; border-radius: 50%; display: inline-block; background-color:#F5EBEB; border:solid 1px #B49BA5; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttextboxmail] height:310px; width:260px; position:relative; right:100px; top:10px; padding:20px; background:#fff; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttextmail] overflow:auto; text-align:justify; height:310px; font-size:12px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; color:#56535A; padding:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttextmail b] color:#B49BA5; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartsidemail] position:absolute; top:490px; right:-10px; background:transparent; width:190px; padding:10px; max-height:70px; text-align:justify; overflow:auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartnoteboxmail] position:absolute; top:390px; right:10px; background:#fff; border:solid 1px #B49BA5; width:150px; padding:10px; height:72px; overflow:auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartnotesmail] height:65px; overflow:auto; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; color:#56535A; padding:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttagmail] position:relative; display:inline-block; background:#fff; margin:1px; padding:5px; font-size:9px; text-transform:uppercase; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearticonholdermail] border-radius:100px 100px 100px 100px; border:solid 1px #B49BA5; padding:10px; border-right-color: #FFFFFF; position:absolute; right:40px; top:260px; background:transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttextmail::-webkit-scrollbar] width:2px;background-color:#313131;border:#fff 1px solid; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttextmail::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] width:2px;background-color:#B49BA5; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartnotesmail::-webkit-scrollbar] width:2px;background-color:#313131;border:#fff 1px solid; [/newclass] [newclass=.heartnotesmail::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] width:2px;background-color:#B49BA5; [/newclass]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
i'm just a demon who goes along with hell as far as she can.
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2022 15:48:59 GMT
ana fell Avatar

cyg didn’t realize she was abandoning elisa in the lion’s den. she was too focused on the beautiful machinery dangled in front of her nose.

"i’ve not done a lot of my own stuff,” she admitted with a small shake of her head. “worked for GMH rebuilding substations and rewiring Mauville for the last seven years or so. tend to disappear in the rank and file there.”

she, on the other hand, had heard of skyler dross-- and nautica, and-- and the other guy, the husband.

what an opportunity!

“i’ll bet,” cyg said, gleeful at the thought of taming the temperamental old system-- or at the very least learning to work in sync with it, like a wild horse. maybe working with skyler fucking dross excited her, too. “i can’t imagine the pressure variances are too easy on the old system. have you ever considered semi-conserved retrofitting into something more locomotive? it just takes a bit of welding and some spare parts. it would definitely give you more functional energy for speed and travel and be less concentrated and, you know, ‘splodey.”

She could see it now, gleaming in chrome and superheated steam. Pneumatic couplers and the soft groan of expanding metal.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2022 22:33:55 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Huh. The girl knew her business. Color Skyler impressed.

"‘splodey, huh?" Amusement bubbles up, spilling into a rough peal of laughter. "Guess that fits her pretty well." 

Things tend to go awry when you cobble an engine together with limited resources and unorthodox components. It works, in Skyler's opinion, perfectly well. Give or take a few burst pipes every so often. 

Much like the captain herself.

"Tell you what." Skyler pitches her voice low and business-like, in perfect contrast to the mischief that tugs at her lips. "You find yourself in need of work, there's plenty of it to be had with Nautica. The Dorado is due for its yearly maintenance soon- how about you give it a go? Consider it a test drive, on both parts."

It is not so much an invitation as it is a challenge, reflected in a deliberately quirked eyebrow. 

"We can discuss details over a drink or two, if you're willing. Know any good places 'round here?"

Wiser people, and those who knew Skyler fairly well ( , , ), would've told to run for the hills while she could. Reputation preceded Skyler- and her apparent inability to get alcohol poisoning. 

But rumours are just that, right? Rumours.

open to interactions!
notes:

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2022 23:03:56 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelocam"]
His firm handshake pauses part way, frozen beneath the expectant, unblinking stare of twenty pairs of eyes. 

Thankfully, Latias is quick to break their hypnotic gazes, bouncing forward with her gift. Its overwhelmingly pungent smell knocking him out of the flock's hungry trance. 

was on his own explaining why Arancini wasn't on the Delibird's menu.

Oh. Wow.” Accepting his gift like a champ, Angelo shoves the offensive combination of floral scents into his pocket and gives Latias an affectionate hair ruffle. “I don't think I've ever been given a gift like this before.

It's not exactly a lie. Although he still plans on disposing the gift later. Primula and roses would surely follow him all the way home regardless, though. 

Anyway, I better head back to my booth. Make sure it's still standing. I'll see you guys later, alright?

Waving goodbye to Delibird Deliveries with a promising partnership on the cards, Angelo slips back into the tide of the crowd, strolling back towards the Nautica stall. 

His perusing gaze over the other businesses soon lands upon an interesting sight... 

He just can't help but make a brief, self-indulgent detour. Not when the promise of insolence tastes far too good.  

Silph. Didn't think I'd run into you here.

Stepping up towards 's booth, who he is only vaguely aware of from the Meteno mission, Angelo greets .

Behind a pleasant smile, artfully hides the tang of amused irony on his tongue. After all, having been on the receiving end of his advertising pitches in the past, Angelo surely couldn't imagine him getting much success.  

Scouting for prospective talent?” He tilts his head up in acknowledgement. “Like your sunglasses, by the way.

notes;

- manning a nautica stall with  
- now expanding business internationally 
- exploration services available for the wilds 
- looking for clients and potential employees
- open to interaction
[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2022 16:53:54 GMT
ana fell Avatar

“The trick,” Cyg said, latching onto this tangent and running with it, “is spreading out the system. More surface area means less chance of anything building up in one spot and going pop. Couple that with a few more steam ports and piston chambers and you’ll increase your speed by-- sorry, sorry.”

She shook her head, like clearing an etch-a-sketch.

“Yes, please. I don’t miss GMH but I do miss being a grease monkey. You just tell me when and where.” She fished her phone out of her pants pocket, opened up a new contact page. “I have to go back and help my boss at our booth. I’ll ask her if she knows any good places.” An apologetic smile. “She’s more cultured than I am.”

Rumors were just rumors and they were even better if they were true.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2022 10:57:55 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
If anything, Cygne's rambling only lends her credence as an able and skillful mechanic. Skyler feels as if she'd struck gold, and it shows in the widening of her smile. 

A part of her, the size of which shall remain a mystery, tentatively slots Cygne into the 'mine' category. Her mechanic.

She'd known plenty of professionals who'd taken a look at the Sotally Tober and given up on the spot - not because it was an impossible endeavor, but because the ol' girl lacked anything remotely close to an instruction manual.

Dangerously experimental and unstable, some had said. Skyler had very quickly sent them packing. Idiots.

It's an easy task to give Cygne her own personal contact details - along with Nautica's. "Somehow, I think you'll fit right in, Cyg. We've also got a seaplane if you feel like dabbling in that sort of engine. Angelo, my husband and Nautica's co-owner, is its captain."

At the mention of a boss, Skyler's eyebrows quirk up. She'd been under the impression that Cygne worked freelance, but if she was part of an engineering company, other arrangements might have to be made. Which meant, much to Skyler's horror, more paperwork. Arceus damn it.

"Oh? Who's this boss then?"

Ah well, for this kind of expertise and-enthusiasm? Worth it. 

open to interactions!
notes:

close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2022 16:52:55 GMT
ana fell Avatar
Her voice goes a little bit dreamy. “Ooh. Plane engines are fun. It’s crazy how similar they are to other engines and yet also specialized.” She blinks the mist out of her eyes.

Cyg shifted to clear the line of sight back to the floristry booth and jerked her thumb in that direction. “Fiorelli Florestry. I work there parttime. That’s my boss, .”

She’s also my best friend but I don’t want to say that because, nepotism? she thought.

“But that’s part of why we’re here, you know, to find other employees. So it isn’t just her and me.”

Especially because Rocket administration takes her away a lot of the time…

She also didn’t say that.

close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
i get by, but it's hard to forget in the smoke of denial and the fog of regret.
awards
395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2022 1:12:27 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
As Gideon knew it would, Morpho's antics soon drew in curious fairgoers and jobseekers alike. He busied himself with promoting the museum, answering questions, guiding those interested in employment on what their next steps would be. Very typical interactions that he was beginning to become accustomed to after his year of working as the Natural History Museum's executive director.

When another inquisitive mind in the form of stepped up to the booth, Gideon greeted her with a welcoming nod and his typical thin-lipped smile.

"Of course, please," He responded, passing her one of the glossy, informative pamphlets promoting the museums and its activities. "We're open 364 days a year, from 10:00 AM to 5:30 PM, not barring outside events."

As he spoke, a figure in Gideon's peripheral vision caused his eyes to wander to the side. There he saw a younger girl, no more than ten in his estimation, although her shorter stature could have thrown that guess off.

In fact, by the way she spoke, he figured his initial guess was indeed wrong. was impressive for her age! She seemed to know quite a bit about fossil Pokémon, even the uniquely odd ones like DRACOZOLT and ARCTOVISH.

Letting Aurelie browse the brochure, Gideon turned his smile onto the girl and the enormous LUXRAY beside her.

"Good job on naming all those Pokémon correctly!" Gideon complimented; hearing this, his DITTO reverted to their usual blue, blobby form and came over to wave hello.

"And we do have cool revival tech, actually" One question down, one to go. To answer the next he leaned slightly forward and lowered his voice slightly in a conspiratorial way, "As for the fossils - do you mean the ones on display or the hundreds we keep in the collections for research purposes?"

In truth, Gideon didn't think he was naturally very good with kids, but that didn't mean that he didn't enjoy at least trying to stoke the flames of their intellectual passions.
• conversing with and
• open to interaction!
• manning the Natural History Museum booth