awards
422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @siobhan
siobhan burke
RAID: DESOLATE LAND
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 17:51:20 GMT
siobhan burke Avatar
without Future Sight, she had no way of knowing the volcano was to erupt. but even at her distance, she was aware of the smoldering ash and the heat radiating from the volcano's depths. "Hydro Pump" she commands Lich, pointing at the pool of magma. another person dives right for Groudon, or rather his Pokémon, trying to retrieve something from it. the heat is almost unbearable even with her combo of ice.

but -

her Froslass is still burning; the Hail will not leave yet even if she recalls the Pokémon. "thank you" she says quietly to it, taking a Pokeball out and recalling the Froslass. it earned a good rest. Lich, meanwhile, uses his move on the pool of magma at Siobhan's command. he tries to escape notice as the others convene around them. the ancient Pokémon are dealt with. all that's left was the Sun and the Legendary.

and the volcano.

she will focus on the volcano. cooling the magma will slow it. she hopes she is enough, for it does not look like anyone has come to help. not yet anyway. they all convened on other objectives; Siobhan is left alone in hopes the cool bursts of water is enough to stall the volcano's eruption.

tl;dr
Hail still goes strong for another 3 turns
recalls her Froslass
Dragapult uses Hydro Pump on the magma
tries to stop the eruption
still in the air
word count; 208
QXGvcYCb
close tab

played by

space

aaron
he/him
november 17
lilycove
heterosexual
stay at home son
civilian
6'3 height
6'3 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
518 posts
aaron faust DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @aaron
aaron faust
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 18:25:20 GMT
aaron faust Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbll"]
if the healing mist wasn't a thing, aaron would probably be shitting himself by now. 's staff manages to slow their demise for a moment before the gondola doggedly resumes its path to the end of the track. with his braixen focusing on her psychic power, aaron grabs his pikachu in one hand and paws at the hot seat for something to hold onto with the other. 
[break][break]
"holy shit," he breathes out shakily as the gondola comes off the track and begins to float above the jungle. "it actually worked!" 
[break][break]
several thuds thump against the gondola and his braixen loses her concentration. no amount of healing mist can stop the knot of anxiety that rises in his throat as the gondola lurches and slips out of their pokemon's psychic hold. 
[break][break]
when they come to a stop, cushioned by jungle foliage, aaron isn't completely convinced they aren't dead. it takes him a few moments of stillness to find the will to get up and move. his legs feel like jelly as he wobbles for the door, for solid ground, spitting profanities the whole miserable time.
[break][break]
they need to get through this forest, somehow, and reach the summit — only, aaron isn't sure if that's physically possible or if this jungle is some kind of afterlife purgatory. he recalls his pikachu and replaces her with his feraligatr and nidorina, feeling, maybe, 1% more confident about his odds. 
[break][break]
"fuck it — i'm gonna try and find a way out of here." it lingers like an invitation for the other crash survivors to join him in his endeavor, even though he offers no tactician's plan on how he thinks he will accomplish that. 
[break][break]
heading toward the sound of groudon's roar, aaron orders his feraligatr to clear a path through the thick undergrowth with her SLASH attack. his nidorina gives her a HELPING HAND while braixen keeps watch in the back, her wand clutched in her paw.
[break][break]

+ tldr: boy scout aaron recalls his pikachu and releases his feraligatr and nidorina. he's following the sound of groudon screaming in hopes that he will escape this jungle hell. his feraligatr uses slash to clear a path through the jungle thicket for him and nidorina gives her a helping hand with that. braixen is keeping an eye out for baddies. [break]
light screen (3/5)

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

6Hp3|7uH

[newclass=.blboxbll]font:11px roboto;--accent:#D49736;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbll b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbll i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbll a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbll .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbll .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbll .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbll .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbll .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbll]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbll .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
Gonna dig this hole until I fall in. Until there is no end. Until there is no anything.
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 19:32:58 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","dangerhead"]

[attr="class","dangerbody"]

[attr="class","dangericon"]

[attr="class","dangertxt"]
The air choked with heat and ash, this was one time where being outside was unbearable. The Galarian exhaled a sigh. They needed to get to the top, and quick. He would have to ask a lot from his pokemon to get all of them there. Drawing a pokeball, there would be a rare request to his long time companion.
[break][break]
''Taph, back inside for now. I'll call you again when we get to the top.'' The gengar peered around his bulbous shoulder in confusion. A moment of silence was the only protest. Beaming out of sight, the pokeballs were clumsily switched out with one another. Dexterous as he was, having one usable limb had its drawbacks. As another ball was produced a phantump appeared.
[break][break]
''Sprout.'' The shiny phantump drank in the scene with confusion. ''Phan?'' The trevenant looked on sympathetically. ''I need you to get us to the top of the volcano. All of us.'' A tall order, but if it had gotten him from the Festival to his camp in Mt. Pyre, it could do this. It would likely faint however with this many passengers.
[break][break]
The trevenant may be required for later.
[break][break]
''Phantump... Phan.'' The Blackadder boy didn't look any more pleased. ''I know it's a lot to ask, but heavy shit is going down. I need your power little guy.'' Blinking its blue eyes, it scanned the group of and before gazing towards the mouth of the volcano. ''Phantump.''
[break][break]
Dark energy swirled around the Hoenn Youth Strike Team, and shadows swallowed the lot, land and sky as phantom force carried them to the top of the mountain where they emerged. As they appeared, the phantump seemed to immediately collapse from exertion, letting out a pitiful coo before it disappeared back into the pokeball.
[break][break]
''Thanks, kid,'' Andy said under his breath. There were more pressing concerns however. It was oppressively hot. And he could not tell rather it was from the lava or the sun, perhaps both. Down in the pit of magma was the familiar red dinosaur. The yellow glow made him far more ominous than the boy remembered.
[break][break]
''It feels like I'm going to fucking melt up here.'' He complained, chocolate eyes drinking in the lava. At first he assumed it to be boiling from deeper within the mountain, but a thorn of bright red caught his attention jutting from the demi-god's flesh. Cracking Taph's pokeball, the familiar cool of his ghostly presence helped against the heat.
[break][break]
''What the hell is that? A question posed to his compatriots as he thrust a finger. Rather it was a source of power for the beast, or merely a thorn it had picked up, Andy wanted it. Encountering Rayquaza at Sootopolis had spawned some curiosities. How tall of an order would it be? Touching a finger to his mega stone, the gengar's form embiggened to its most freighting finality.
[break][break]
''Taph, get me that thing.'' The grinning cloud of ghostly gusto buffeted around the lot, hopefully cooling them some where trevenant's leaves could not. Smokey fingers stretched to race towards it. ''Help him out, Quiver.'' With a nod, the decidueye took flight, swooping to assist the megaed poltergeist with a pluck.
[break][break]
3X5_ra8M

[break][break]
-gengar is switched with phantump temporarily
[break]-phantump uses phantom force to get andy & co to the top
[break]-phantump faints from the feat
[break]-gengar is called out
[break]-the group is inflicted with swamp ass
[break]-andy notes mysterious stone
[break]-andy megas gengar
[break]-mega gengar uses poltergeist @red rock
[break]-decidueye uses pluck @red rock
[break]-sov goes well over the word limit
[break]-1 salac used

[attr="class","dangerfoot"]

[attr="class","dangertag"]

[attr="class","dangernotes"]

[attr="class","silpc-pkmn-img"]

[attr="class","dangercredits"]cyan of pixel perfect

[googlefont=Raleway:500][newclass=.dangerhead]width: 500px;height: 150px;background: url('https://i.imgur.com/UsWyrNt.png');border-bottom: solid;border-color: #262626;border-width: 10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody]background: #2b2b2b;width: 420px;padding: 40px;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt]color: #ededed;line-height: 21px;text-align: justify;margin-top: -15px;margin-left: 12px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;padding-left: 20px;padding-bottom: 30px;font-size: 11px;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt b]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangericon]transform: rotate(45deg);-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-ms-transform: rotate(45deg);border: solid;background: #262626;border-color: #262626;border-width: 4px;left: 23px;top: -35px;max-width: 50px;max-height: 50px;position: absolute;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerfoot]margin-left: -40px;width: 500px;height: 5px;padding-top: 15px;border-top: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;color: #ededed;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;font-weight: 500;font-size: 9px;line-height: 13px;text-align: justify;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 3px;background: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background: #c4c4c4; [/newclass]

[newclass=.dangernotes]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;padding-left: 20px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;left: 260px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;left: 30px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;text-align: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag a]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangercredits]margin-top: 6px;margin-left: 420px;font-family: raleway;font-size:8px;[/newclass]·
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,471 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 21:30:28 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Their Pokemons' combined effort was able to keep the group safe, but not much beyond that. The situation wasn't getting better the longer they stayed here. Even as Hideo wanted to find out more about why this place was turning into a jungle (thanks to Dancer and Elga telling him such), everything pointed to them needing to climb up.

Hideo nodded as told him and to stick together; Hideo had no intention of leaving Andy alone, not in that condition anyways.

Fortunately, Andy seemed to reach a solution first. Hideo could hear the Phantump come out, and Andy's request to move them all up. Not hearing a no, Hideo was quick to recall his Ariados back into her Pokeball, to help lighten the Phantump's load.

In short order, they were transported again. Hideo's Pokemon were quick to inform him where they were, but Hideo could immediately feel they were up where the main event was. "Oh man," Hideo said, immediately beginning to sweat, "The sun right above us or something?"

What was intended as a joke was immediately confirmed by his Beheeyem; the artificial sun was very close. And the rampaging Groudon was within sight. Oh boy.

But he was also informed there was something sticking out the Groudon. A stone? Seemed Andy was already going to have it pried out, so why not join him? "Elga, help Taph out," he ordered, his Beheeyem soon aiding the effort by trying to pull on the stone with a Psychic.

Meanwhile, his Gardevoir decided to help protect them from the heat, extending her shadow over the group with her Shadow Sneak.

Hideo recalls his Ariados
Hideo gets teleported by 's Phantump
Beheeyem uses Psychic on the stone in Groudon
Gardevoir uses Shadow Sneak to make some shade for the kids (and herself)
VxJuN_W4

close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 22:33:49 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar

lucario continue to the lead way. with whimsicott gently holding the professor's shirt tail. the professor's freehand would come to find itself placed upon lucario's back who would guide. "it's alright, whimsicott. just remain close by." zenji fatherly spoke.

"keep up the good work luca--" zenji took notice of the jungle foliage around them. it was then that a rustling was heard. for a moment, as he turned toward the rustle, he thought he said lower-half of something PINK. it was too quick to fully notice, but for now he would ignore it. assuming it was to be none other than a pokemon running from groudon's wrath.

but there was another path where he heard the rustle emerge from leading toward something else. "whimsicott, refresh your SAFEGUARD once more." zenji would tug at lucario to halt. whereas the group may have chosen to go one way, zenji would choose another.

"let's see where this leads." and so he would steer of course toward the direction of where the pink blur moved. maybe there was a hint within this path that could lead them to victory.

HipU2ur2

note(s):
- zenji ordered whimsicott to refresh safeguard. zenji caught sight of something from his peripheral vision.

- zenji took note of another path that led both somewhere else and into the same direction of the pink blur he saw. he opted to go this route rather than the other out of curiosity, wondering if this could lead to what they were in search of.

@here

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,162 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 0:26:07 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]psychic works for a while, at least? that's all she can really hope for. the landing is muffled by plants, thankfully. she's almost grateful for the lack of injuries so far, as if her role as support is able to be put on the backburner for her own goals.

be careful what you're grateful for, illeana. it always comes to bite you in the ass.

heat is nearly suffocating now, the closer they get to the artificial sun, to groudon. sweat drips down her back and as if subconsciously, she bleeds more pink mist to combat it. whatever burns she, and those within a 5 foot radius, receive are immediately healed with clouds of pink. in this moment, her small tendrils of avatar powers are definitely a blessing.

abandoning the gondola, illeana steps to the door. her galarian ponyta looks shaken but otherwise unharmed. the realization brings a soft smile to her face as the pastel pony abandons her now completed job and rejoins the scientist. with her current team now together again, she looks to and the others, holding eye contact as she moves to climb aboard her dragonite once more.

"if you want to come with, i'll be heading toward groudon," she flashes a smile, albeit small, and continues. "stay within a 5 foot parameter to avoid burns if you can. otherwise, healing moves might do the trick too." anything they can do to get close without roasting alive, right?

with a guided tap, dragonite gathers her ponyta in its arms, grip firm and unwavering. they lift softly at first, as if testing the waters. the air around them is heated, unbearable. she continues to keep pink mist flowing, a constant pastel cloud around them to ease any discomfort. and with that, they're off.

they fly up toward the sun, as if becoming icarus with wax wings. how close before they melt? how close before they meet defeat? she squints, eyes darting for an opening. the path to victory, to her own personal goals, is paved with blistering heat and scorching magma. great. there's a window of opportunity here to get closer and she takes it without thinking of consequences.

"psychic," she commands. "pull the red stone out if you can." the galarian ponyta snorts and gets to work, its body beginning to radiate a purple glow. the same purple glow begins to shine around the red stone, she notes as they get closer. could her healing mist reach groudon from here? is it foolish to try to heal groudon while attempting to remove something from its body? fuck if she knows, really, but she'll try anyway. after all, she's a support main.

2mVQhLuc
raid.

tl;dr |

- leaves the gondola behind
- more healing mist
- flying up the mountain on dragonite, who is carrying ponyta
- healing mist is tryna combat the burns and heat
- heading for the red stone, has dragonite bring her as close to groudon as possible without melting
- ponyta uses psychic to try to get the red stone out
- tries to extend healing mist to the spot where the stone is stuck, maybe groudon's in pain idk
- idk what i'm doing, idc

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 1:43:27 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
Her stomach drops, breath catching in her throat. Fear grips her heart, harder than usual. It’s tight, suffocating. A life hangs in the balance in front of them. Close enough to almost touch. Mehira drives hard, the urgency in the beat of her wings reflects the tension she feels as Eva grips her tighter. The sudden rush of lush green doesn’t escape her, but it doesn’t distract her either. In some sort of miraculous feat, the Salamence wins against the fight of gravity, swooping just in time to scoop out of the air. They wouldn’t always get that lucky.

Eva grabs at her clothes, pulling the child in tight to sight on the saddle in front of her. The dragon’s labored breathing rocks them rhythmically as she rises again, creating distance between them, Archeops, and the jungle below, “Eris?!” Eva gasps, holding her even tighter. What the hell was she doing here?!

The sight of the titan before them distracts her quickly. Groudon. She knew it stood on top of the mountain, but she wasn’t prepared to face it entirely. A hard swallow steels nerves that have been hardened by years in Kanto.

An image of a violent eruption shakes the integrity of that steel, “Evacuate, all of it, as far as we can,” there has to be someone listening to comms device the League provided. Lavaridge wouldn’t be enough. Calming the titan was the only option, disrupting whatever surge of Primal Energy it fueled. That didn’t seem to be an option anymore with ’s decision.

The steel of her nerves melts further at the sight of a Mega-Evolved Ash rushing straight for the Groudon’s chest. What the hell was he thinking?!

“Hold on, Eris,” Eva trades out the Gardevoir on her back for the heavier Blissey. Mehira shifts under the weight but adjusts, “Aromatherapy,” a thick, soothing puff of spores trails behind them as they fly close, dangerously close, spinning around Groudon as they attempt to dust them in AROMATHERAPY. The blistering heat is unbearable, but Mehira refrains from using Protect unless Groudon lashes out. Aromatherapy helps but Eva fears the grass-type attack won’t hold up against Groudon’s oppressive ARTIFICIAL SUN.

tl;dr: Eva scoops up Eris. She switches out the Gardevoir for Blissey. In an attempt to distract/placate Groudon, they try to bathe it (and themselves) in an AROMATHERPY.
6bN6sONg

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,832 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 13:43:57 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

DESOLATE LAND

A CLIMB TO THE END

EYES REMAIN ON THE OBJECTIVE. While trainers scramble to throw themselves (or their Pokemon) into the fray, clearly within Groudon’s striking range, Fernando keeps his distance. He jostles with every bucking throttle that comes from his Heatran, never stopping as they encircle the chamber’s greater rim.

Viscous magma seeps outward, growing in mass as the inevitable showdown descends into a race against the clock. Having so many able and willing hands is encouraging but the trampling nature of their individual efforts makes it abundantly apparent that there’s too many cooks in the kitchen.

There no point in putting all their eggs in one basket. Instead, Fernando’s concern lies within the region he now calls home.

Yah!

A tug of the reigns steers the Heatran a bit closer. One firm kick is all it takes for the Pokemon to use LAVA PLUME, causing a small geyser of magma to sprout and redirect the flow right back into Groudon’s chamber. Zygarde and Garchomp follow up with their own respective moves, looking to rearrange the landscape to prevent run off.

The red dot goes amiss at first. His Heatran pauses to use its LAVA PLUME but Fernando’s party never stays still for long. The constant need to move and realign their positioning–always weary of Groudon’s threat–inadvertently works as an evasive maneuver.

It is Tapu Fini, well and rescinded into his MISTY TERRAIN, that notices the odd glow. It’s silhouette forms and the Pokemon materializes from their domain, casting a PROTECTIVE barrier around them preemptively, more than concerned by the ominous lighting.

note(s):
- fernando + pokemon arrive. keep a distance from GROUNDON. they circle and stay out of reach.
- heatran uses LAVA PLUME to redirect active magma run off back into groudon's chamber.
- zygarde and garchomp use their rock / ground attacks to prevent magma spill.
- do not notice the RED DOT but continue to move / circle unrelated.
- tapu fini notices as comes out to uses PROTECT in anticipation.

- used one SALAC berry.

PocW4P0s

·
close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 4:03:26 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

The intruder in the cave was bested. Pulsating with raw power. Even when it barely clipped something, it was strong enough to knock it out. The kind of thing he would've loved to catch, but it was too late.

"Nice. Now, we just have the Groudon to deal with." He said, thinking it over for a second. Then, he saw Zenji ascend the path. The path forked, but he went straight. An adamant sort of person. "I'm taking this other route. Incase it's not Groudon, everyone follow him and not me."

Then, seeing the odd pink creature slip past him, after Zenji's passing, Giona stopped. He hadn't much time before either Regidrago reawoke or Groudon killed everyone. That being said, he saw who was in that 20 person group. They had it covered. Zac and Fernando and Stormy couldn't do this by themselves? Giona found himself entering the jungle clearing, chasing the pink creature with a light jog. It was clearly just a baby, so he had to look nonthreatening. Huntail was ushered into a pokeball for now.

“If I don't come back, my friends would only be surprised by how it happened.”

xiPIHveN
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
✨ I'm addicted to shining and glowing
awards
2,679 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 6:12:02 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

The maneuver had been clumsy, but at least they’d slowed down a bit with Caccio’s help. Still, away from that calming mist, Mint is all panic. He screamed as the spiderweb sunk down with his and another person’s weight before promptly bouncing back and down a couple of more times, allowing him to catch his breath. “Still live?” he wheezed checking his phone. Cool. Caccio and Gelato both wiggle in his grip, ripping the silk before the Luxio forced them to float back down to solid ground. A scream rips through the air and Mint isn’t blind to the sight of hot magma threatening to spill over. Even with the sunscreen from earlier, every exposed part of his skin was flushed red and slick with sweat. Droplets flush down his spine. [break][break]

“This is so goddamn weird…” he stated pointing his phone camera at the strange patches of jungle criss-crossing the landscape and the ancient pokemon that were roaming around. The humidity of the strips of prehistoric land only made the heat more intense. He moved his hand to his belt and let out his Snom. The bug pokemon promptly began climbing over his boot before Mint scooped him up and put him on top of his head. “Sorbeccito, can you use Powder Snow to cool us off?” he asked as he retrieved a small rag from his pack and held it in front of the Snom. The fat worm spat out a blast of cold energy that promptly melted and wet the rag, before beginning to produce a gentle snow around them. Hopefully that’d help. [break][break]

As he continued forward, wondering if his phone would catch the signal inside the jungle patches, he heard shouting nearby. Oh! The other people in the gondola had survived then yeah? Good for them. “Let’s meet up. Gelato take point and blast anything hostile with Ice Beam. Especially lava…hopefully it doesn’t come to that though. Caccio- fossils pokemon….uh…Iron Tail.” The Vulpix trembled as it moved forward, flanked by the taller electric type as Mint tried to join up with @giselle and . Still streaming of course. “Sorbeccito if you can expand this a little to catch the other that’d be great.” He added attempting to offer some relief to his gondola companions but pushing forward and upward. Groudon’s towering figure loomed over them and the sun looked like it was growing even brighter. Despite all this, the stress, the adrenaline, the fear, the heat- Mint’s eyes wandered to the foliage and the scattering of ancient pokemon. Normally droopy green eyes were wide and alert for any signs of that fabled ice dino. Because why not take advantage of this situation? As his pokemon lead forward he kept his head on a swivel picking at any movement within the jungle foliage as they crossed.

[break][break]

ZtYHC2cI

[break][break]

+ tl;dr Cacio the Luxio, Gelato the Alolan Vulpix, Sorbeccito the Snom [break]
Mint is still live streaming this nightmare [break]
Lets out Sorbeccito to use Powder Snow to keep himself and company cool [break]
Tells Cacio and Gelato to take point to attack hostile things or lava [break]
Tries to catch up to @giselle + [break]
Hunting for a ice dinos in the foliage. [break]

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#a4d6d1;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math.
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 16:57:40 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”OW! What the hell?!”
[break][break]
Of course that, out of all things, an Archeops just had to smack beak-first against his arm, because that was just Vic’s luck. It hurt like hell, and he felt something warm drenching his sleeve, but he could still move his arm, so let’s call that a win! Other than that, he was fine.
[break][break]
Or was he now?
[break][break]
While his Dragonite took a few seconds to rest after dealing with a barrage of birds, Vic looked around, squinting to be able to see past all the ash and tephra. Right there, at the crater of the volcano and half-sunken in lava, was Groudon. That kind of made it all sink in, huh? (No pun intended, mind you).
[break][break]
What was Vic’s response to this sudden sight?
[break][break]
He turned and got his phone out of his pocket one more time.
[break][break]
For just this moment, the bandana that had been protecting him from inhaling all this ash was pulled down, and while still wearing goggles, he smiled at the camera – making a peace sign with his free hand. Behind him, over his shoulder, Groudon was clearly visible, and up above raged the artificial sun.
[break][break]
Was it foolish, or was it the most epic selfie of the century? Jury's still out on that. But, he even tried posting the picture to Cliquesters Instagram despite the awful prehistoric Hoenn cell service, quickly writing the following caption:
[break][break]
its gettin hot up hre! stay safe everyone!!!💞 we got this! #justhoennstuff

[break][break]
It was important, alright?! People needed to know it would be alright even if things looked like absolute chaos! Even if, honestly, his own optimism was starting to falter a little...
[break][break]
Despite this, just like that, the phone was returned to his pocket and the bandana was pulled up. ”Alright, you two, let’s head up fast! Go steady though, this heat is getting really bad.” This was no lie, and Vic wondered if they would all end up with some awful tan lines once all this was done.
[break][break]
Anyways, onwards and upwards, to the sun!

[BREAK][BREAK]

+ TL;DR:
[break]WE DID IT FOLKS, WE GOT OUR GROUDON SELFIE!... 'cause Azul really needed something for Vic to do while he flew up.
[break]He takes it, tries posting it, and continues flying up while telling his pokémon to be cautious and go steady. To the sun, bby!☀️

[break][break]
Nle1vgKK

[newclass=.blboxmm]font:12px roboto;--accent: #DD797C;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm b]color: #DD797C;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm i]color: #DD797C;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#DD797C; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#DD797C; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm] position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Gray

he/she (genderfluid)
November 17
Driftveil City
questioning
trainer
civilian
45 height
45 height
awards
272 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cardamombliss
Cardamom Bliss
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 17:14:39 GMT
Cardamom Bliss Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","woo1"]
[attr="class","woo2"]Hold on, what's the rush

[attr="class","woo3"]
Thankfully, they managed to bypass the attacking Archeops without getting mangled or off course. Flying upwards, they finally got a good look at Groudon and the general situation on top of the mountain. It...didn't look good. Despite the sun speeding him up, Banana Bread also looked like he was tiring somewhat, so close to this heat. Now that they were close to the top, he started to glide down, preparing to land.[break][break]
Cardamom nodded, patting him on the neck. "You did good," she reassured him, before looking closer at Groudon. There was...some sort of shard stuck in its body? Was that what was causing it to act out like this? She felt around her belt, before taking out Bam's Pokeball and sending out the small Riolu, who bounced to her feet and started looking around.[break][break]
"Use Copycat," she murmured, gesturing at 's ponyta. "Help get that stone out!" Bam nodded, her eyes glowing as her paws moved in several signs, the glow shifting to a pinkish color as the telekinetic tugging on the stone increased.[break][break]
tl; dr: Banana Bread lands due to the heat. Cardamom sends out Bam and has her use Copycat to imitate Galarian Ponyta's Psychic and help pull out the stone.[break][break]
LTnlCCtm
[attr="class","woo4"]

[attr="class","woo5"]pronouns; she/her

[attr="class","woo5"]tags;@tag

[attr="class","woo5"]notes some notes go here

[attr="class","woo6"]

[attr="class","copyright"]new york station

[Googlefont=ubuntu|roboto condensed]
[newclass=.woo1]background-color:#141414;padding:20px;width:400px;height:540px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.woo2]background-color:#DF7401;margin:-20px -20px 10px -20px;padding:20px;text-align:center;letter-spacing:2px;font-family:ubuntu;font-size:10px;line-height:50px;color:#141414;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.woo3]text-align:justify;padding:10px;line-height:12px;font:10px roboto condensed;letter-spacing:1px;width:200px;height:350px;overflow:auto;color:#f1f1f1;margin:10px 0px 10px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.woo3 b]color:#F5DA81;font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.woo3::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]border:none;border-left:solid 5px #141414;border-right:solid 5px #141414;background-color:#B45F04;[/newclass]
[newclass=.woo3::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:horizontal]border-bottom:solid 5px #141414;border-top:solid 5px #141414;background-color:#DF7401;[/newclass]
[newclass=.woo3::-webkit-scrollbar]border:none;background-color:#141414;width:11px;height:11px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.woo4]padding:10px;border:5px solid #B45F04;height:100px;width:100px;margin-left:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.woo5]background-color:#DF7401;padding:5px;text-align:justify;width:120px;line-height:20px;margin:10px 0px 0px 50px;font:10px roboto condensed;color:#141414;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.woo6]background-color:#DF7401;margin:10px -20px -20px -20px;padding:20px;line-height:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.copyright a]color:#F5DA81!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,833 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 17:18:17 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","viva"][break]
[attr="class","vivalyric"]花散らせ今吹くこの嵐は
まさに春泥棒
[break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]TAGGED
[break]
@ desolate land[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]THEME
[break]
uncertainty[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]NOTES
[break]
the pursuit of divinity

Whether by Arceus' blessings or the kindness of man, Eris finds herself scooped from the air and ascending far from the treeline. The voice that comes after is as comforting as it is dread-inducing, 's steady grip being the only thing that stops her from giving into her tears.
[break][break]
"Miss Eva! I-"
[break][break]
Should she even be trying to explain herself right now? Stuff like that can wait for after they stop Groudon's rampage right? Her body still trembles from the adrenaline rush but her mind is far from dissociating, her eyes scanning the behemoth for abnormalities that could possibly explain what had happened. And she's quick to spy what Matias probably has, noting how he's recklessly diving into the fray for the singular object.
[break][break]
"He's trying to go for that red shard! Those appeared on the Precipice Blades from earlier too!"
[break][break]
What exactly were they? Rocks that exuded Primal Energy? Volcanic thorns that had stuck in Groudon's sides and were causing it pain?
[break][break]
Releasing her Chimecho from the pokeball, Eris is quick to hold tight onto her, giving her a quick hand signal and receiving a chime in response. With Aromatherapy combating most of the heat, Belle helps out by Healing whatever scrapes or burns that appear on the Salamence. Hopefully, this would be enough to lessen the strains on her body.
[break][break]
[break]
tl;dr -
- Eris brings attention to the red shard[break][break]
- Chimecho uses HEAL PULSE to keep Mehira going strong!
[break][break]
W20r|TWf

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Roboto:400,700][googlefont=Raleway:800][googlefont=Hachi+Maru+Pop]
[newclass=.viva]background-color:#f9f9f9;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;width:480px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;line-height:12px!important;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.viva b]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=.viva a]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivalyric]margin:-12px 0px;background-color:#b76e79;color:#f9f9f9;font:bold 14px Hachi Maru Pop;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:right;padding:20px;padding-top:50px;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivaright]font:bold 8px Roboto;line-height:10px!important;text-align:right;padding:9px;background-color:#f9f9f9;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;letter-spacing:1px;margin:-2px -10px -7px -10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivabot]padding:6px 2px;height:32px;width:40px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;background-color:#f9f9f9;float:right;margin-left:10px;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 22:13:22 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","moltres"]
[attr="class","top-banner"]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","icon"]

Archeops begin to drop like flies- others veer way from the danger to fly away, frantic. Stormy can only assume tha she'll see notice of them in a swarm notice in the news.[break][break]

With their absence comes a clear shot to the top. Beneath the ARTIFICIAL SUN, even she can feel it's impossible heat. Sunscreen was definitely a must for this expedition.[break][break]

Moltres settles at the top, landing with wings tucked for Stormy to slide off its back. Although it doesn't leave, it does seem agitated, more so than it may ever had before. Groudon is an impossible threat, surely, and the lava flowing from it's body is enough warning to keep back. Several other spelunkers and the like collectively opt to help slow the flow of lava.[break][break]

She ultimately chooses to do the same, releasing her Silvally and Aegislash. For those closest to her, Aegislash sets up a WIDE GUARD should anything splash up to harm them. Her Silvally begins dispersing calculated TERRAIN PULSES to assist those Pokemon using their rock and ground moves to keep the lava under control.[break][break]

Eventually, Stormy also releases her Smeargle and Talonflame. More than one person she can see attempting to heal and soothe the enraged Groudon in an attempt to dislodge whatever this red stone was in its back. It was worth an attempt at helping.[break][break]

"Can you work that magic you did back with the Zarude?"[break][break]

Smeargle does its absolute best to perform a JUNGLE HEALING once on top of and settled into the shoulders of the shadow Talonflame. In order to get close (but not too close), the bird attempts a U-TURN to bring Smeargle close enough to use its healing abilities but not close enough (hopefully) that the poor sucker would burn.[break][break]

7duHDkoq[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
tldr dropped off at the top of the peak. aegislash uses wide guard to prevent splash damage. silvally keeps nearby to terrain pulse and keep the lava under control. smeargle and talonflame fly to meet groudon, using jungle healing and u-turn to assist in calming groudon and retrieving the stone. [break][break]

tagged ,

[attr="class","flower"]

[attr="class","bottom"]
[attr="class","title"]STORMY SILPH
[attr="class","subtitle"]i've been burnt so many times

[newclass=".moltres"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; background:url(https://i.ibb.co/dbxzhYZ/image.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .main b"]font-size:12px; color:#e0b443;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .top"]background:url(https://i.ibb.co/Kj0d7T8/image.png); height:350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .top-banner"]background:#b33024; margin-bottom:-50px; height:120px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .bottom"]background:url(https://i.ibb.co/NyYNjvs/image.png); height:400px; position:relative; z-index:1; margin-top:-150px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .main"]background:rgba(99, 83, 77,0.8); border:1px solid #e0b443; margin:0px 20px; margin-top:-230px; font:11px roboto; text-align:justify; color:#fff; padding:40px; position:relative; z-index:999;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .main .icon"]height:80px; width:80px; float:left; padding:10px; border:1px solid #e0b443; margin-right:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .main .flower"]background:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-size:cover; background-position:bottom right; width:500px; height:250px; position:absolute; z-index:-1; bottom:0px; right:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .title"]font:70px 'Bungee Outline'; line-height:60px; text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #f76022, 1px -1px 0 #f76022, -1px 1px 0 #f76022, 1px 1px 0 #f76022; color:#fff; text-transform:lowercase; font-style:italic; top:200px; left:170px; position:absolute; height:210px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .subtitle"]font:bold 11px montserrat; border-left:10px solid #d63209; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:3px; text-shadow:none; color:#f76022; background:#000; padding:5px 5px 5px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .pkmn"]padding-top:13px; padding-left:23px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .pkmn img"]padding:10px 5px; height:30px; margin-right:20px; background:#95281e; border-radius:5px; opacity:0.9; transition:0.5s all; filter:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .pkmn img:hover"]filter:grayscale(40%); transition:0.3s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #e0b443; width:300px; margin:10px auto 0px; font-family:roboto mono;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .ooc b"]background:#e0b443; color:#111; text-transform:uppercase; padding:0px 5px; font:bold 13px poppins; letter-spacing:-1px; margin-right:5px; font-weight:700;[/newclass]
[newclass-".moltres .ooc span"]text-transform:uppercase; font-family:roboto mono;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins|Bungee+Outline]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 0:11:20 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Utilizing the covering fire Sobble provided as it's water gun cut down Archeops like flies, Derek and his Garchomp make a fell swoop to retrieve the Metagross with a pokeball before making a stark upright to cover the final stretch that opened up before them. The peak of the mountain is even hotter, burdening him as well as his pokemon as they race through superheated winds. Sobble in particular seems under considerable duress, while the Garchomp seems to tough the as if it were like life in the desert. Just on the hottest day in recorded history...or ever. Something like that.

"Jonesy, hit us with some water." Strained words from a drying throat are met with relief as the cooling water of Jonesy's soak douses both pokemon and the trainer whose shoulder they stood on. Dredgen is left to brave the environment for the time being, though presses on regardless as Derek points ahead to Groudon's makeshift sun.

Drawing on the summit, another rogue pokeball came from the trainer's possession, landing feet flat on the hot mountaintop with confusion and hysteria filling it as Groudon came into view. Dredgen flew low and dragged it's two hind claws into the dirt before being skyward-bound once more, unleashing a modest sand attack at the sphere of light before veering off.

Reluctant to be showed up by some glorified lizard with wings, Randal quickly looks around and uses his strength to unearth the largest boulder he could find and hurl it directly at the radiant orb overhead.

CeXCMvf_

tl;dr Derek recalls Metagross.

- Sobble uses Soak to prevent Derek & itself from overheating.

- Garchomp throws some Sand Attack at the sun (lol idk).

- Derek releases Machamp to use Strength in order to hurl a boulder at the artificial sun. He's trying to flex. I don't know how big it can be but I would say he's def trying to compensate for his lack of wings right now. No Guard = no missing.