TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
MANTINE SURFING (SPLASHFEST)
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 4:18:37 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]
[attr="class","littlejay"]

idly, jayden wonders if there would be as many failures with a different pokemon. were mantine perhaps the problem?

[break][break] after this, he didn't want to see a single one for at least six months.

[break][break] beneath him, his mantine grins a gummy smile, oblivious to his trainer's thoughts. the wave comes for them, and together they attempt another over-the-gyarados.

[attr="class","ooc"]
pe3oG|XO [break]

[newclass=".littlejay"]--accent:#955adf; } .littlejay { font:12px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px; } .littlejay b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .littlejay i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .littlejay u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:0.5px; } .littlejay .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .littlejay .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jaytop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323; border-radius:5px; } .jaytop img { filter:grayscale(90%); padding-top:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
december 12
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief / con artist
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
but i still haven't found what i'm looking for
awards
706 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 4:18:56 GMT
nina larson Avatar
she had been sort of close?

at this point, she couldn't see anything wrong with simply continuing attempts at the magikarp splash until the end. maybe she could nail it a second time.

once it was her turn, she took the next wave and rode up it, into the air to perform the most difficult trick with had eluded so many.

"magikarp splash!"

jNMr0prg

total points previous round: 13350
( 100 + 500 + 1000 + 1750 + 2500 + 5000 + 2500 )
close tab

played by

mad

sage
she/her
twenty-eight
march 14th
pewter city, kanto
demisexual
retired soldier
ex lieutenant
52 height
52 height
the whispers in the trees are getting near
awards
363 posts
sagira mosse DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sagira
sagira mosse
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 4:22:35 GMT
sagira mosse Avatar
another crown was won with the last trick. she had three more tries before the event was over. though the changes were slim, she decided to pursue the magikarp splash for the rest of it.

over the water they sped, building momentum on their way up a wave before flipping through the air fantastically--and hopefully in the right way.

AyROewrQ

total points previous round: 5250
( 1000 + 2500 + 1750 )
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
yuck!
now you got me blushin'
5'6" height
5'6" height
✨ I'm addicted to shining and glowing
awards
2,711 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 5:47:55 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]

"Let's try the MAGIKARP SPLASH just one more time." He pat his Mantine on the flap before the pokemon took off.

vMk3Nmuc

ooc: NOW I GOTTA USE THIS ONE TO KEEP TRACK AAAAAAAAAH

moves done:

• magikarp splash - 5000 (95-100)
  • over-the-gyarados - 2500 (85-100)
  • starmie 720 - 1750 (75-100)
  • primarina twist - 1000 (50-100)
  • lanturn 360 (25-100) - 500
  • gorebyss/huntail spiral - 100 (1-100)

total points: 10,8500

[/nospaces]

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,531 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 6:15:58 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar
The streak had finally come to an end, with Thomas seemingly having flown too close to the sun for his own good. Still, with all of the tricks performed in a complete streak, Thomas wasn't complaining. And undeterred by his previous failure, he would attempt the Magikarp Splash again.

D4HkVA1l

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
ruin us, ruin me
and i'll let you
6'5" height
6'5" height
everyone's a sucker for a taste of glory
awards
2,424 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 6:32:39 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","oliver2top"]
[attr="class","oliver2"]

alright, the final stretch!

[break][break] "buddy, we got this."

[break][break] and if they didn't, well, they were still winners. winners of time well spent!

[break][break] "MAGIKARP SPLASH!"

[attr="class","ooc"] uVigL|pp

[newclass=".oliver2"]--accent:#FFB546; } .oliver2 { font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; } .oliver2 b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'} .oliver2 i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .oliver2 u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; } .oliver2 .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; font:10px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:1px; } .oliver2 .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase; } .oliver2 img { filter:grayscale(10%); [/newclass]
[newclass=".oliver2 .ooc img] background:transparent; float:none; border:none; box-shadow:none; padding:0px; margin:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".oliver2top"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#FFB546;height:40px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 6:37:26 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","razzsummer"]
[attr="class","razzsummer1"]
[attr="class","razzsummerimg"]

[attr="class","razzsummertop"]
SPLASHFEST
[attr="class","razzsummermid"]
[attr="class","razzsummermid2"]
[attr="class","razzsummermid3"]

With a successful 360 there was now I ky one trick left to complete, for both Razz and the maintine to feel complete.and it should be easy enough with the simple spin.

[break][break]
RmS3j4xT [break] 8/29[break]

[break]
~Attempts a HUNTAIL SPIN~~[break]
Total: 10250 [break]

HUNTAIL SPIN [break]
LANTURN 360 [break]
PRIMARINA TWIST [break]
STARMIE 720 [break]
OVER-THE-GYARADOS [break]
Magikarp SPLASH

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Roboto:400,700][googlefont=Raleway:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Inconsolata][googlefont=Roboto Mono:300,400,700]
[newclass=.razzsummer]border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;width:525px;background-color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzsummer1]border-left:solid 75px #eeeeee;color:#999999;text-align:justify;padding-top:20px;padding-bottom:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzsummerimg]border:solid 1px #151515;background-color:#1a1a1a;padding:4px;margin:20px;margin-top:0px;height:200px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzsummerimg div]position:absolute;height:200px;width:400px;font:25px Raleway;font-weight:300!important;line-height:200px;text-align:center;color:#ffffff;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px rgba(0,0,0,.1);z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzsummerimg div b]font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzsummerimg img]height:200px;width:400px;opacity:.85;[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzsummermid]padding:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzsummermid2]padding:25px;border:solid 1px #151515; background-color:#242424; font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".razzsummermid2 b"]color:#4aaaea;[/newclass]
[newclass=".razzsummermid2 i"]font-weight:bold;color:#eee [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzsummermid3 div]border-bottom:solid 2px #151515; margin-bottom:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzsummermid3]padding-right:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzsummertop]border-top:solid 1px #4aaaea; border-bottom:solid 1px #4aaaea; background-color:#1a1a1a; font:20px Impact;line-height:15px letter-spacing:1.3px; color:#ffdeb1; text-align:right; text-transform:uppercase; padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzsummerbot]border-top:solid 1px #4aaaea;border-bottom:solid 1px #4aaaea;background-color:#1a1a1a;padding:25px;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzsummerbot div] margin-left:10px; font:10px Inconsolata; line-height:0px; padding-bottom:9px; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzsummerbot div b]color:#eee; border-bottom:solid 1px #4aaaea;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzsummerpoke] width:100%; padding:5px; background-color:#4aaaea; color:#eeeeee; font:40px Impact; line-height:15px; margin-bottom:5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,439 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 7:04:36 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrianwt"]
[attr="class","adrianwtw"]Their time under the sun was swiftly eroding.[break][break]

This time next year, they might not even be here. Here might not even be able to be defined the same way. It was a welcome respite, these festivities, but it could only temporarily placate that worry, that mounting hysteria that they were doomed to fall.[break][break]

One more trick.[break][break]

One more day until they had to face facts.[break][break]

Riding up the crest of the next wave, Adrian corkscrews through the air atop his Mantine, trying to bridge the gap between him and the high performing contestants.[break][break]

MAGIKARP SPLASH
[break]

UyKz4Ygj

[attr="class","adrianwttag"]MANTINE SURFING (15850)

[attr="class","adrianwtpokes"][break]

[newclass=.adrianwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwt b] color: #723849; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwt a] text-decoration: none; color: #723849!important; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #723849; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; adrian-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #723849; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #723849!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #723849; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #723849; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #723849; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,274 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 7:23:11 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[googlefont=Fira+Sans|Playfair+Display]
[attr="class","aaa"]two more tries.

two more attempts to cmoe out the winner.

"let's not lose hope."

he huffs, getting back up on his mantine before surfing towards the next wave.

MAGIKARP SPLASH.
I_Hb4Sbm
+ 22,100 POINTS

i'm like a titan that's rising, rising

[newclass=.aaa b]color:#8e747d;font-family:playfair display;font-size:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 7:36:44 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelocam"]
That was a close one. He'd quite narrowly avoided landing on a rock protruding out of the ocean. With Tentacool surrounding it. And was that a Sharpedo lurking in the waters nearby?

How Angelo had not sustained any injuries is a miracle.

He did get water up his nose though and that shit stings.

Don't cry for me, nerd. I'm alive,” he coughs to , hiding the burn of salt brine by quickly rushing off to attempt another OVER THE GYARADOS.

io_dfXNA

attempt #37
( 30/08/2022 )

( 13,350 points )
( tricks: huntail spin, lanturn 360, primarina twist, starmie 720, over the gyarados x2, magikarp splash )
[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,520 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 7:59:56 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[googlefont=Fira+Sans|Playfair+Display]
[attr="class","bbb"]maybe the haters should stand back up because it doesn't even matter in the end. theo will just fail the next two attempts and finish this event off with a fat zero points.

this is a imokaychamp moment.

"MAGIKARP SPLASH."
u2uPchBc

falling like ashes the the ground, ground

[newclass=.bbb b]color:#d5d5d5;font-family:playfair display;font-size:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
No cost too great. No mind to think. No will to break.
awards
8,120 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 8:00:09 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
x
-
Two days, now.

Can he catch them, even if he lands two perfect MAGIKARP SPLASH tricks?

He's still got to try. For the sake of his pride.

VsjADfFV
TOTAL 18,350
close tab

played by

Ven

Siri
he / him / his
fifteen
november 27
Canalave, Sinnoh
huh?
civilian
awards
107 posts
Sirius Black DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @siri
Sirius Black
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 8:14:57 GMT
Sirius Black Avatar

Less than 48 hours before he became a hermit again…

Well, at least this festival was productive for him to go out into the sun and get his dose of Vitamin D…

Come on, Magikarp Splash! Don’t fail me now!

X6crK862

Magikarp Splash, take 11+7+2! LESGO!

total so far: 15,850

[30 August]

@tag

close tab

played by

Ven

Jiro
he / him / his
twenty-seven
february 11
Celadon, Kanto
何?
[redacted]
grunt
(゚ペ)
12 height
12 height
お前はもう死んでいる
awards
115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jiro
Kenjiro Yamada
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 8:32:13 GMT
Kenjiro Yamada Avatar

He didn’t even need to flinch at that terrible wipeout he saw not too far from where he was watching.

He already had an idea of what the next message would be.

For now, though—it was time to try the Over the Gyarados once more!

(And when he got back to dry land, this was the message for today: ‘Sir… are you even honestly trying at this point?’)

emsAqo3H
Over the Gyarados, take 4: 30 August
total: 7,500

close tab

played by

Ven

Zuzu (Josh only)
she / her / hers
thirty-one
april 17
Lavaridge, Hoenn
joshsexual
not-so-housewife
senior ranger
always look ahead, but never forget what you left behind.
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izumi
Izumi Yamamura
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 8:42:29 GMT
Izumi Yamamura Avatar

The twilight of the gods approached—

And yet she still had not landed the stupid trick.

Oh Magikarp Splash, why do you elude her so?!

iaceStfX

doing the Magikarp Splash (take 31)! [30 August]

total so far: 0

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven