5,223 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Hoenn Job Fair [Megathread/O]
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2022 6:11:46 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Mono:300|Open+Sans:400,400i,700,700i|Playfair+Display:400i]
[attr=class,erishope]
[attr=class,absolute-holderis]
[attr=class,image-divideris]
[attr=class,accentbgeris]

[attr=class,imageris]
[attr=class,lyric1]
[attr=class,accentborder accenttext]
out of the ruins,

[attr=class,lyric2]
[attr=class,accentborder accenttext]
flowers will grow

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,charname accenttext]
[attr=class,accentbgeris]
i can offer nothing, still you won't let go

[attr=class,bulk]
After all the times she's visited the fossil museum on her pa's employee benefits, she'd really be surprised if she hadn't remembered every little bit of detail she loved reciting to him when he came to pick her up from the kid's corner. Still, it probably isn't a wise idea to keep talking this stranger's ear off so she's just limiting herself to bouncing on her toes as he leans in with an offering of answers.[break][break]

"What about both? Where do you even manage to get so many to begin with? Do you kinda go on excavation trips every now and then? Or do you get them from expedition teams you know?"[break][break]

It's the little details that always help to fill in the gaps of a much larger operation, and it's in those little areas where she thrives. Getting her hands dirty, experiencing the rush of adrenaline as she watches out for wild pokemon and disables leftover remnants of ancient traps. But she has to reign herself in to seem polite enough in front of .[break][break]

"What other sections do you plan on having in your museum? Ever considered whether you might have rotating exhibits?"

[attr=class,bottom-text]

& open!

[attr=class,erishopecredit]
template by punki

[newclass=.erishope .accentbgeris]background: #a2ceb8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .accentborder, .erishope .bulk i]border-color: #a2ceb8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .accenttext, .erishope .bulk b, .erishope .bottom-text span a]color: #a2ceb8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope]width: 500px; background: #474747; border: 1px solid #333333; margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .absolute-holderis]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .imageris]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://i.imgur.com/hQYfbeK.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .imageris .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(60,60,60,0.2),rgba(70,70,70,0.8));[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .lyric1, .erishope .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #474747;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .lyric1 div, .erishope .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .lyric1]bottom: 66px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .image-divideris]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #3e3e3e; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .image-divideris div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 14px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: #999999; text-align: justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bulk i]border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bulk i b]font-weight: 400;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #3e3e3e; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bottom-text img]padding:10px; margin-left:-20px; padding-right:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bottom-text > span]float: right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishopecredit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishopecredit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2022 10:55:47 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Though diplomacy is far from being her forte (more of 's really), Skyler isn't against doing her fair share of negotiating, and has indeed done so a number of times in the past. 

Any attempt at civility, however, dies a swift death when Skyler follows 's directions to a surprisingly floral booth, manned by none other than her dear ketchup-enthusiastic blonde friend.

A frisson of smug satisfaction climbs up her spine as she finally puts a full name to the personality - .

Well, well.

"We're acquainted," she informs , the low pitched drawl of her voice heralding trouble. "Friends, really. Despite what she might tell you."

The best of friends, she thinks. Those that will give as good as they get.

Everyone else around the Fiorelli booth becomes simple background noise, for good or ill. Good probably, since is one of them - and the hostility between him and Skyler simmers far too close to the surface.

The captain cups her hands around her mouth, and her voice rises boldly past the din of nearby bystanders to make its way to

"Hey, Buttercup!" Should Elisa look over, she'd see Skyler's entirely too self-satisfied grin - a provocation in and of itself. "I'm taking your employee out for a few drinks! Know any good place?"

open to interactions!
notes:
- setting up a stall alongside
- looking for partnerships/business partners
- looking for clients and potential (?) employees

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-eight
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,693 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2022 11:35:16 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
The stall for the GALARIAN EMBASSY had been built up bright and early. With the departure of many GALARIANS recently, given the disassembling of the DOME and the recent CRISIS overseas, plenty of positions had opened up for those who wished to pursue a career in politics. Brochures and traditional Galarian treats, like treacle tarts and biscuits, were handed out wholesale.

Managing this booth was a curiously colored little teacup: the one and only EARL GREY. It went about greeting people with polite little curtsies, using its ghostly telekinesis to float flyers into their hands. The flyers read as such:

COME VISIT US SOON FOR THE FIRST ANNUAL

RUSTBORO HOENNYULE FESTIVAL!

sponsored by the GALARIAN EMBASSY

and GYM LEADER

all proceeds will go to charities supporting hoenn and galar's reconstruction efforts!

Meanwhile, finally makes an appearance in the park. Wearing a black cardigan and brown trousers, he browses the multitude of booths aimlessly for now.

HOENN JOB FAIR
THE GALARIAN EMBASSY BOOTH
OPEN

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2022 13:49:48 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisatest"]
[attr="class","elisatestbody"]

She'd been remarkably civil, Elisabeth thought, given the people that had chosen to attend her booth so far. A sociopathic assassin. An Elite Four member that had almost killed her in Littleroot. [break][break]

Then screamed "BUTTERCUP" at her across the job fair, and the façade of pleasantness flatlined into a displeased frown.[break][break]

What was that insufferable ketchup woman from Splashfest doing with ?[break][break]

"Pardon me, gentlemen," the florist said tartly, stepping aside from her booth as she placed up a 'We'll Be Back Soon' sign on the floristry stall. "I have something to take care of. Dilly here will see to any orders you have in my absence."[break][break]

Daffodil the Bellossom chirped pleasantly in agreeance, entirely nonplussed by the iciness of her mistress's posture.[break][break]

An iciness at odds with the sheer fire in her eyes as Elisabeth marched on the Nautica stall, completely unaware of the fact that the man she had accidentally shoved aside in her single-minded pursuit was in fact a sunglasses-wearing .[break][break]

"Excuse me," she said to him brusquely as she passed, indifferent to this stranger's discomfort as she honed in on the woman and . Collateral damage, as it were.[break][break]

When she arrived before Skyler's self-satisfied, smug grin, Elisabeth crossed her arms and turned to her employee.[break][break]

"What is she telling you?" she demanded of . Because it's all lies and nonsense.
[break][break]

[break][break]

NOTES

- We ABANDONED the flower shop booth with and .[break]
- The NPC smiles are gone because we are warring with over .[break]
- We might have shoved on our way there but we are on the warpath so he can deal.[break]
-At Nautica stall, open to interaction!

[attr="class","elisatestpkmn"]

[attr="class","elisatestcredit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest"]--accent:#df8c7d;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

wolfy
he/him
december 6
azalea town, johto
bisexual
mechanic
baker boy
dating
94 height
94 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
387 posts
part of
TAG WITH @wolfgang
wolfgang volkov
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2022 14:19:31 GMT
wolfgang volkov Avatar
luck is his worst trait.

his house was out of commission after the last fiasco that happened there. all his tools for his trade was beyond repair, and to make things worse, he barely has any savings on his account.

littleroot was so fucked that wolfgang has him struggling to make the next move.

job listings was the next on his list. he'll have to bum out for a while as he looks for other housing since those don't come by easily, but to do that, he has to have employment to be able to put something for down payment.

his lips almost move to a snarl as he wanders around. he holds a pamphlet on his hand as sharp eyes leer every stall. he doesn't ask much, but most of the openings he sees don't appeal to him.

maybe he should lower his standards.

tl;dr
  • wanders around looking at stalls all grumpy
  • open for interaction

@tags
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
general of war
god general
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
3,051 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2022 14:44:18 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zevh"]
[attr="class","zevhtitle"]

HOENN JOB FAIR MEGATHREAD

[attr="class","zevhbody"]

As left her Pokémon to man her booth, Zev departed as well, his Lycanroc at his side. The pair made their way back to Howling at the Moon's booth and slipped behind the front counter.[break][break]

After checking that everything was still running smoothly, Zev took up position behind the register, relieving the young woman there who seemed eager to explore the job fair herself. He rang up some customers' orders and handed them their drinks.[break][break]

Back to business, then.

@everyone[break][break]

NOTES

- Open to interaction![break]
- Has set up a booth for his bar, Howling at the Moon

[attr="class","zevhpkmn"]

[attr="class","zevhcredit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".zevh"]--accent:#975fb2;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevh .zevhtitle"]letter-spacing:.5px;text-transform:uppercase;font:800 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevh b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevh i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevh u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevh a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevh h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevh h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevh .zevhbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:jutify;font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevh .zevhpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevh .zevhcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevh .zevhcredit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
3,064 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2022 16:16:15 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Hoenn Job Fair

Only real poster children in this house.

"Ah, just 'ere to yank the dog's chain, then?" Doug said summarized with a grin. Burning money, huh? "Well yank away. I can't leave m'post anyway, the colonel 'bandoned me'ere."

Though Doug applauded the taunting of the military and other authoritarian institutions from any comrade— the act didn't ring quite right coming from the man before him. Almost felt like saying 'eat the rich'.

"The whole health plan's pretty good. Though, in fairness, it is really just the bare minimum." He said, reclining further back into his seat as he sighed. "We've been getting overworked for the past 5 years, and were already undermanned before Rocket invaded."

Hoenn was a tiny island nation with little reason to invest in warfare. Unlike the large, powerful region of Unova, Hoenn's military was relatively small and largely untested in actual modern warfare until Rocket's sudden invasion 5 years prior.

Helped the then small warband that was Team Rocket tremendously.

"But don't let that worry ya too much." Doug said after a moment, winking at the large man. "We may lack manpower, equipment, and budget, but— we have the best of the best on the job."

Almost lazily, the youth gestured towards one of the banners behind him, where , Elite 4, Avatar of Groudon, and Colonel of the army, was proudly illustrated gazing off into the distance with a determined gaze, his patron's powerful silhouette emblazoned in the background.

"Woowee." The youth said dryly. "Ain't he dreamy?"

tl;dr:
-talking to
-dropping lore of 'bout Hoenn's military.
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
i'm just a demon who goes along with hell as far as she can.
awards
1,436 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2022 20:12:29 GMT
ana fell Avatar
Cyg’s smile faltered a little bit because she wasn’t the most socially experienced girl in the world but even she could sense the 12 degree temperature drop.

Then Skyler yells. Cyg snorts a laugh, expecting Elisa to go how uncouth and wave it off.

But then--

--she came round the corner of the booth and ten-hut-marched across the open field to the Nautica set up. Cyg did a pretty good impersonation of the white guy blinking dot gif and looked from Skyler back to Elisa and oh my god she was already here.

“Uhh… she told me about her ships and stuff. And seaplane.” Cyg cocked her head. “Is there… something specific? She should or should not be telling me?”

close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
A keen mind cuts deeper than even the sharpest sword.
awards
1,212 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 0:46:37 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_lyrics"]Here for the job
[attr="class","aurelie_body"]Listening to the excited and thoughtful questions of the young girl who had arrived at the National Natural History Museum's booth just after her, Aurelie couldn't help murmuring aloud, "Wow, you really know your stuff!" She felt genuinely impressed by the girl's enthusiasm and knowledge of fossil Pokemon and museum collections. Bouncing on her toes, the girl tossed several questions in quick succession to the tall, suave-looking proprietor of the museum's booth, and judging from her animated expression, she probably had even more follow-up questions in reserve after these were answered.

I remember when I was that age and that excited about a trip to the museum, Aurelie mused as she watched the girl out of the corner of her eye. Something about her voice seemed vaguely familiar to Aurelie, but she had no idea why. Internally, she would guess the girl to be around eleven or twelve years old—rather young to be visiting a job fair, but perhaps she'd come with a parent or older sibling.

At that age, Aurelie remembered that she herself had been much more interested in art and military history museums, predictably. Especially the departments showcasing historical arms and armor, of course. What a stereotype I am! she thought with amusement. But she'd also loved the ancient art and sculpture, and the Lumiose City museums had exhibited beautiful examples of both.

She also clearly remembered the shock and disappointment of learning, as a naïve teenager, just how the museums had obtained many of those masterpieces—by simply taking them from their countries of origin and putting them on display in Kalos. Even now, the thought that those works of art had basically been stolen from their rightful places and cultures made Aurelie grind her teeth. She'd never been able to think of those museums the same away again.

Thinking of that ethical conundrum that had affected her, she waited until the girl's questions were done, before quietly speaking up to voice her own thoughts. "I also wanted to know..." she began hesitantly, looking toward slightly apprehensively.

"This may not be much of an issue with a museum of natural history, but I'm curious about the ethics and standards of your museum. Do you make sure to acquire your specimens responsibly and consider the effects on the surrounding environment? Is it a priority to ensure that your specimens for exhibition or research aren't collected or recovered in ways that could cause damage to nature, the site, or nearby cultural monuments?"

Somehow, she doubted the man would admit to openly confiscating artifacts or specimens wholesale. But it was important to her to ask the questions, nonetheless.

[attr="class","aurelie_tag"]

| | Open to interaction

TL;DR:
- Chilling at the Natural History Museum booth, listening to and asking questions

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.aurelie]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#862939;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_lyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_body]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:14px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;color:#aaa;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag]text-align:left;font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag a]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2022 15:48:58 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Skyler's lips widen with wicked delight as her intended provocation causes a ripple of glorious actions from the florist.

Appreciation coils in her guts, catching the moment 's pleasant façade breaks into a mask of frigid preciseness. Like a glutton, Skyler's half-lidded gaze shadows the florist's warpath as it cuts straight through innocent fair-goers to get to them. 

Meeting her head on.

"I was talking to Cyg here about Nautica's job opportunities. She's an accomplished mechanic, did you know? A perfect fit for the job. Passionate about it too." That thrived in the depths of whirring machinery was plain for anyone to see. As someone who would never be satisfied with half-measures, Skyler would like to think she'd recognize the same drive in others.

She refused to see it go unfulfilled. That it would earn her a mechanic was only a footnote.

And if that also ended up annoying Elisa? Now that was the cherry on top.

's and 's exchange has Skyler biting down the abrupt surge of laughter that threatens to spill forth. Her gaze slides from one to the other, too busy basking in the spectacle of Elisa's fury to wonder at their relationship. That would come later.

"But yes, please," She drawls, teeth flashing in a perfect display of casual insolence, "tell me all about what I shouldn't be saying, Buttercup."

open to interactions!
notes:
- setting up a stall alongside
- looking for clients and potential (?) employees

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,920 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2022 17:00:27 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
It came to no surprise that the most successful businessman in Hoenn would inquire about the massive hiring spree Mauville Gym was doing. "...Mister Silph!" the Leader shakily returned the greeting. While the executive and fellow Gym Leader had plenty on his own plate, perhaps he would be a source of referrals for the young man? Doubtful. He would take any business advice he could get, though; Josh was about as far from a businessman as one could get. He cracked a joke to try to calm himself down and break the ice. "What company did you buy out now to bring you to a place like this?" He hoped his tone made the joke obvious.

"We need it, though," he answered, growing a bit more confident after making small talk for a bit. "Ever since the barrier went down, we've been getting flooded with out-of-region applicants. I was able to get three friends I used to go to school with jobs as Gym Trainers." Eron in particular wasn't exactly thrilled by the idea of having to race, but he was confident the stoic one of his circle would warm up to it in due time. "I never thought anyone that didn't intend to challenge Hoenn's Pokémon League would want to take my Gym Challenge. Been getting a lot of calls from Glaseado's Gym regulars in particular; it's like the whole Paldea Cyclizar Racing League wants to challenge me." He wondered how Andrew was holding up, given that he would be the Gym's sole scheduler while the job fair was going on.

tl;dr:

- Josh makes small talk with before explaining why he's hiring so many people.
- OPEN TO INTERACTION!

{WC: 263}
{PC: 5}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Saber         Manectric      Good
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
9,099 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2022 4:07:31 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

HOENN JOB FAIR

PROACTIVE SCOUTING

“AH, HA HA,” is the sound of fernando’s mild and controlled laugh. it’s the generic, forced laughter that comes with small talk and casual jokes. the public pleasantries reserved for those that have yet to irk him.

be sure to pace yourself. i would hate for this newfound popularity to burn you out.

his eyes linger on the DATA ANALYST position and he brings his finger to it.

should you be unable to find someone, devon corp. and silph co. do offer analytic services. it may be easier on you than—

the sudden shove from catches him off guard.

—umpff.

coming from the perfect angle and his limited visibility allows her to effectively jostling him. he steps forward, catching himself against the table.

he brushes himself off, standing at full attention, as he dwarfs both and by at least three inches.

vestri,” he openly addresses, “not quite.

he does a quick turn between the two men.

devlin, this is angelo vestri, expert navigator and pilot. he runs the NAUTICA exploration company.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2022 13:23:36 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisatest"]
[attr="class","elisatestbody"]

's discomfort went unnoticed and unaddressed, a small and inconsequential matter in Elisabeth's quest for dominance over the Nautica stall.[break][break]

"Given the source, I believe any sort of ridiculous notion is possible." Elisabeth's eyes narrowed in on as the woman's delighted smirk seemed to only deepen at her approach. If she were a less impulsive person, she might realize charging into the Pyroar's den was precisely what the captain wanted from her -- hoped from her, even.[break][break]

As it was, Elisabeth was a spiteful and jealous person, not always a calculated person. The latter was a feigned wall of indifference easily scaled by the right combination of words and actions.[break][break]

In a word, by a person like .[break][break]

"Well. I had low expectations for your behavior, but I have to say I didn't anticipate witnessing you poaching my employees. I regret to inform you that Cygne is more than adequately compensated for her current work, so you'll have to scrounge elsewhere." [break][break]

She knew that was a 'grease monkey,' of course, not a florist by nature. In this moment, however, it seemed inconceivable that Cyg would want to work alongside such an insufferably smug person.[break][break]

A misconception that would have to correct.

[break][break]

[break][break]

NOTES

- We are hissing at because how dare she steal from us.[break]
- Did we shove too hard? Too bad.[break]
-At Nautica stall, open to interaction!

[attr="class","elisatestpkmn"]

[attr="class","elisatestcredit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest"]--accent:#df8c7d;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2022 19:59:19 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelocam"]
Smug satisfaction rolls in his chest as he watches pick himself back up, the councilman's spine stiffly straightening after his previous gangly stumble.

He doesn't think he imagines the way Fernando's posture turns rigid at the sight of him. It takes effort to not smirk. 

Turning away from the Silph as he usurps his own introduction, the pilot faces with a casual smile, effortlessly set.

Thanks for the assist, co-pilot.” 

Angelo stretches his hand towards the man behind his heavily advertised stall.

You're one of the newer Gym Leaders on the block, right? It's nice to finally put a face to the name.

His gaze scans the displays and job opportunity listings, loudly plastered over the Mauville Gym stall.

Looks like you've been enjoying success, Devlin. Kudos. I take it the League has been treating you well, an increase in personnel budget ain't nothing to scoff at.” And if they hadn't? Good thing a councilman is right here. 

Somewhere in the crowd behind him, Angelo hears a familiar shout rising above the cheerful clamour of the fair, as if part of him was intimately wired to this particular frequency. 

"Hey, Buttercup!"

Ah, trouble was on the horizon... 

notes;

- manning a nautica stall with  
- now expanding business internationally 
- exploration services available for the wilds 
- looking for clients and potential employees
- open to interaction
[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,920 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2022 18:29:58 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
It seemed Josh's joke did not go over too well with the Silph Co. executive; he took the obvious, forced laughter as a sign the businessman was offended. "I'm sorry; I didn't intend to come off snarky like that," he apologized. As successful of a Gym Leader as he was by League KPIs (hell, he'd even brought down his Traditional Battle badge issuance rate in line with League standards thanks to the hard work of and others), he did not have the charisma of a Gym Leader.

"Of course," Josh nodded. "Obviously I'd prefer to keep the positions in house, but if push comes to shove, I will get in touch with you. I'd just rather not outsource is all." Part of being a Gym Leader was building rapport with Gym staff. He didn't realize until he had ran the place for a couple of months how much of a small business the Gym was. Though it did not run for profit, he still had operating expenses to cover. Ticket sales were up, giving him more room to maneuver and expand. Perhaps he would be able to acquire more land if his Gym kept growing!

Josh's attention turned toward as introduced him. An exploration company? He had the perfect referral. "Great to meet you, Mr. Vestri," Josh offered a handshake. "Gym Leader Devlin, but I go by Josh. I may have a perfect referral for you. A longtime friend of mine, , is an expeditionary, but she's more of a freelancer. Perhaps she may be interested in your company in some way or another." It was something she would be quite the chatterbox to Josh about when they were in the token line at Mauville's Round One arcade.

tl;dr:

- Josh weighs the balance of outsourcing some work to .
- Josh makes small talk with and advises of a possible referral of to NAUTICA.
- OPEN TO INTERACTION!

{WC: 291}
{PC: 6}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Saber         Manectric      Good
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB