[attr="class","sunboy ciannyday"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","leftcolumn"]
[attr="class","avatarimg"]

[attr="class","tagnotes"]

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","textbody"]

"have you heard of the handsome hoenn hotshot, otherwise known as triple h, or the vct champion? no? ...are you sure? that's strange, but no worries, let me catch you up to speed.[break][break]

"once, there lived a family that lived in perfect harmony. then, everything changed when the rocket nation attacked. what? this sounds like something out of a children's tv show? nah, don't be silly my liege! this is all original and fresh content created from the brilliant minds of hoenn's writers, i assure you. anyways, back to the story...[break][break]

"the perfect family was perfect no more. in order to survive, the head of the family dragged them to join the rocket nation, and it was there that the hoenn hotshot, not yet handsome, lost himself. he committed crimes, sins, and was subservient, turning a blind eye to all the wrongs that surrounded him. but, he never lost his way.[break][break]

"the hoenn hotshot sought out the help of the goode commissioner, hoping it wasn't too late to change his story and right the wrongs. after a bit of back and forth, she gave him a chance, accompanied with a threat, but a chance is all he needed. the hoenn hotshot left her office hopeful and ready to embrace his role as the world's best rat.[break][break]

"huh? hurry it along? why? it's not like i have a deadline to meet—oh, i see. damn, you're right my liege. don't worry, i gotchu.[break][break]

"yada-yada, fast forward a bit through the ratting and spying, the hoenn hotshot followed his ideals that never wavered and saw his mission through. in the end, he proved to be the difference the league nation needed to save the world from being oblitered by a meteor. you're damn right that actually happened. it was nine-nine-nine-four-three meteno, don't ask me why it's that or why i remember it. i'll show you the news article later but i think they didn't include his name for security reasons.[break][break]

"and so! with the hoenn hotshot's mission now completed and his defection finalized, the title of handsome was bestowed onto him by the goode commissioner herself. it was meant to be their little secret but she should've known better! i mean, giving secrets to a spy? come on.[break][break]

"since then, the handsome hoenn hotshot has further embodied his ideals, taking up the mantle of rustboro's gym leader, and it's there that he wishes to spread his ideals, his stories, and his hope to those that may need it. the end![break][break]

"do i have a picture of him? i can do you one better my liege. i have a picture of them. check it out."
[break][break]

[break]

"cro rown!"
[break]

"cro rown to you too hehe!"

[attr="class","oocnotes"]TRUTHS & IDEALS

[attr="class","pkmn"]
[attr="class","dashdash"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".ciannyday"] --accent:#FFB546!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sunboy"]--accent:#FFB546;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy"]width:450px; margin:0px auto; background: #222; border:solid 1px #232323; box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius:10px; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy b"]font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .textbody i"]font:11px/15px 'Poppins'; font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; height:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .inner"]display:flex;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn"]width:100px; padding:20px 25px 0px 30px; margin-top:10px; margin-right:30px; float:left; border-right:1px solid #1A1A1A;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn .avatarimg img"]height:70px; width:70px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; transform:rotate(-40deg); transition:2s all; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn"]margin-bottom:-50px; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn img"]border-radius:100px; background:#222; border:1px solid #1A1A1A; padding-bottom:7px; height:40px; margin-right:5px; transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn img:hover"]background-color:var(--accent); transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn .tagnotes"]font:10px/12px 'Poppins'; color:#fff; padding-top:40px; margin-left:0px; padding-bottom:10px; border-bottom:2px solid var(--accent); } .sunboy .leftcolumn .tagnotes a { font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .tagnotes .tag"]font:bold 15px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .sunboy .tagnotes .tag a { font:bold 16px/15px 'Poppins'!important; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .textbody"]font:12px/15px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:0.3px; color:#bfbfbf; text-align:justify; padding:40px 40px 40px 10px; width:300px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .oocnotes"]text-align:right; margin-right:10px; padding-bottom:10px; margin-top:-10px; } .sunboy .oocnotes a { font:bold 11px/11px 'Poppins'; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .dashdash"]height:10px; width:70px; float:left; margin-top:30px; margin-right:20px; background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .bottom"]height:50px; background-color:#272727; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; z-index:5; position:relative; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".sunboy .milkycredit"]font-size:11px; position:absolute; z-index:99; left: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .sunboy .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#3a3a3a!important; } .sunboy .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; font-size:14px; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
TALES BENEATH THE DYNA TREE (LEAGUE)
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 8:00:38 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]TALES BENEATH[break]THE DYNA TREE (LEAGUE)

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

SCHEDULED END: FEBRUARY 29TH, 11:59PM PST
LIMITED TIME EVENT
LEAGUE ONLY

[player]https://file.garden/ZXZrnWMYuz15frfJ/HOENN%20MUSIC/CALYREX%20THEME.mp3[/player]
[break]

🎼 Calyrex Theme - Pokemon Sword and Shield

EVER GRANDE CITY

THE CALYREX RUMINATES ON EACH TALE. Each story, regardless of embellishment or absolute truth, shapes the High King's understanding of this newfound world. The transmission of culture, of memory, of heart is a sacred practice that the Calyrex holds dear. With every story's end, its power begins to regrow.[break][break]

"kah hah hah! very good, very good. with more of your stories, i may be able to aid your kingdom yet!" Speaks the next unlucky vessel for the Calyrex.[break][break]

The Calyrex returns to the tree to rest. After a day or two, the King returns, ready to receive more stories.

WEEKLY PROMPT

WEEKLY PROMPT

THE CALYREX AWAITS YOUR STORY. Like fabled bards, your character may recite a story to CALYREX. It does not matter if the tale is fiction or not. However, every week or so, there will be a new PROMPT for your characters to revolve their stories around. ICly, the CALYREX will receive all kinds of stories throughout the month.[break][break]

Throughout your character's spoken story (they must speak it, for oration is essential for memetic canonization), the CALYREX will listening intently. Afterward, the Hare King will express its gratitude with an emphatic "Cro rown!"

PROMPT FOR 2/11-2/17
[break][break]
Tell me a story of...[break][break]
  • Justice and/or heroism OR

• *Fairy and steel.

*Reference a fairy-type and steel-type Pokemon, move, or the element in general, etc.

[break][break][break]

REWARD FOR 2/11-2/17

[img src="https://raw.githubusercontent.com/msikma/pokesprite/master/items/berry/kasib.png" style="float:none;box-shadow:none;border:none" title="can be immediately used for an additional move slot to be granted to a pokemon."][img src="https://raw.githubusercontent.com/msikma/pokesprite/master/items/tm/normal.png" style="float:none;box-shadow:none;border:none" title="1X TM/TR"]

INSTRUCTIONS
DEADLINE

INSTRUCTIONS

THIS LIMITED TIME EVENT will last until the end of the month, updating every week. Please heed the following rules.[break][break]

• This is the LEAGUE'S DYNA TREE; Rockets can participate in this thread.
  • [break]
  • ALL OF YOUR CHARACTERS can participate.
  • [break]
  • A DYNAMAX CANDY will be given to characters who PARTICIPATE IN ALL FOUR PROMPTS (2/2-2/10, 2/11-2/17, 2/18-2/24, 2/25-2/29).
  • [break]
  • One-liners or low effort posts will not be counted for the prompt.
  • [break]
  • Rewards you earn can be IMMEDIATELY PLACED INTO YOUR PC without a Site Shop post.
  • [break]
  • You can only POST ONCE PER WEEK/PROMPT.
  • [break]

THIS LIMITED TIME EVENT WILL END FEBRUARY 29TH, 11:59PM PST.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,266 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 11:57:14 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","Navypog3"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-big-img"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-1"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-title"]
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN

[attr="class","Navypog3-tagged"]
@tag

[attr="class","Navypog3-subtitle"]
I HOPE YOU KNOW WE HAD EVERYTHING. WHEN YOU BROKE ME AND LEFT THESE PIECES.

[attr="class","Navypog3-pkmn"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-post"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-icon"]

The tales have been told, the songs have been sung. Would-be Skalds return from whence they came, satisfied with the king’s reply. Night falls on the city. A crescent moon hangs in the sky. Humans and Pokemon alike prepare to sleep. [break][break]
All save two. [break][break]
They sit in the great tree’s shadow by a small fire. He shares a task with other elites, to guard the king while he rests. The warrior protects by keeping his charge close. He rests here under a starlight sea. [break][break]
Thanks for not kicking up too much of a fuss, king. Guarding you’s part of my job.” Warriors protect kings. That is a mono myth that bleeds across cultures, across time, across dimensions and generations. [break][break]
He places a cup by the high king. Resting at the warrior’s side is a bottle. Its contents are golden, like the jewels that kindle greed in the hearts of man and dragon. The contents are poured for the king. He may have his fill. [break][break]
Mead. Never really liked the stuff until Connors and I started working together. is another warrior of Hoenn, another charged to be its sword and shield. “But his has a damn fine taste.” [break][break]
Calyrex sips. His growl of “Crowow own. ” sounds pleased. The vintage agrees with the king’s palette. [break][break]
Justice…that’s what you’re having everyone talk to you about this week?” He could have asked any question. He could have asked about the skeleton, or the knight, the warriors, his lost children, or even Valkyrie. Instead, he questions the notion of justice. [break][break]
Justice.” He repeats the word with a scoff. Calyrex’s expression treads between puzzlement and a hint of displeasure. [break][break]
Every time that word comes up, I think about a girl. ” His words turn pensive, nostalgic, melancholy. Calyrex’s expression softens. A wise king knows the beginnings of a tale when he hears one. There is no podium or audience. There is merely two men sharing mead and hearth. A story will warm the bones on a cold February night. [break][break]
We don’t have kings here, as you know them.” He clarifies, setting the stage for what is to come. “The woman you met, , she’s our commissioner. She’s elected. The people decide who’ll run the show, for good or bad.” A wry smile creeps across the warrior’s face. “Mostly bad, but that’s a younger guy talking.” [break][break]
When I met the girl I’m talking about, the commissioner back then was a guy named Ulysses Monroe. Guy had liar written all over him. Typical politician. Promised people the moon to win elections, delivered just enough to pull the wool over their eyes so he could do it all again next time.” The fire of the honey wine burns his chest. [break][break]
Plenty of people got trampled in Monroe’s world. She did.” A long pause. The warrior-skald looks into the flames. “I did.” [break][break]
She fell in with one of the gangs running around Slateport, a city here. Little outfit called Rocket. One of about ten gangs Commissioner Monroe promised he’d crush and never did. They lived like…” A brief laugh bordering on a scoff. “…warriors. The bad kind. They took what they wanted, evaded the law. Them you’d call knights. She was one of them, but…” For all the terrible weight of years Galar put on the Pale Rider’s soul, he seems a boy of seventeen. His eyes dance with firelight and starlight and the light of lost love. [break][break]
But she didn’t wanna be there. She wanted to be anywhere but Hoenn. She wanted…” His eyes look up at the nebula of color around them. This close to the city, there should be no stars in the sky, but the high king graces them with that fantasy. [break][break]
…to dance with the stars. One day, she met an idiot.” A candid laugh. “And I don’t mean your regular idiot. Don’t even mean the idiots you see on TV. This guy was King Moron. But she liked idiots. Told him a guy oughtta be a little stupid.” Pride leaks in, just a tad. A memory of a pretty face caressing him with a compliment. [break][break]
They fought together like warriors should fight. They made sure a young hero was protected. They realized they didn’t just love one another, they needed each other.” [break][break]
But that life…it was gonna kill her, King.” He looks into the eyes of Galar’s high king as if begging him to understand. “Asked the cops, the knights, for help. They laughed in King Moron’s face. Said the trash in lower Slateport could sort itself out. Rangers couldn’t help, it was a human problem. The law’s supposed to protect people like her. That’s the point of a law. A just world protects them that wanna be better. ” It is his turn to show displeasure. [break][break]
Where’s the justice in abandoning a woman? Letting her fall to the edge? Telling her life would be better if she’d never even been born?” Another pause. Longer. His eyes close as he loses himself in memory. A sip of his mead, mirrored by the king, calms him enough to continue. [break][break]
So, King Moron cut a deal. Found a guy who’d get her out. Problem is…he couldn’t get King Moron or the kid hero out. Just one. He’d fake her death. The guy said they could smuggle her out in the dead of night. King Moron talks her into it. Tells her a bad lie. He’ll be on shortly, she’s just going on ahead.” [break][break]
Then, three of her warrior friends show up. If they go back and tell Rocket, the jig is up. Even back then, you couldn’t just leave once you were in. They’d hunt her down in Unova. But, see, King Moron, he had a trick up his sleeve.” [break][break]
Always by his side is a steel feather. It is the last proof that remains that a certain Pokémon lived. To this warrior, it is valor personified, resolve made manifest. [break][break]
He had the only sword that could match that behemoth blade from your story. With a sword like that, he could take on three guys. So she left. He fought. Even with a sword like that, King Moron got hurt real bad. But he did right by her. She got free. The things King Moron thought, after it was all said and done, didn’t make much sense. Let an older guy translate.” Clearing his throat, he arrives at the point. [break][break]
Laws and justice exist because people think they do. They’re like the flag. They’re a good story we all agree to tell ourselves. But, sometimes people get treated wrong. Them that are supposed to do right by folk don’t. The only real justice in the world is the justice a man makes for himself. If you don’t enforce it, even against a shitty world, justice means nothing. Course…there’s a fine line between justice and vengeance. King Moron liked them guys he fought. Didn’t wanna hurt em. It was just the right thing to do. ”[break][break]
Crown…” Calyrex muses. Whatever his thoughts on the matter are, he does not seize control of his skald to voice them. [break][break]
He…never saw her again, King Moron. And he couldn’t protect her if he did. His blade, it…” He almost makes himself bleed, gripping Ironsides’ last feather. “…melted in a fight to save the world.” The Rider sighs, finishes his mead, and stands up. [break][break]
Can I - May I go? I…want some fresh air.” A wise king understands much but says little. The warrior walks around the dyna tree, feeling autumn winds of distant days in the chill of the air.

[attr="class","Navypog3-bot-1"]

notes about this post

Notes go here
[attr="class","Navypog3-bot"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.Navypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#d84545;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog3-post i { color:#d84545; }.Navypog3-post b { color:#d84545;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#d84545;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#d84545!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,443 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 13:42:19 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo made his approach once again, atop his Spectrier. This time, a Ralts sat upon his shoulder - at least, it appeared to be a Ralts. It was Uxie in its ever-present illusory disguise. Yes, it may be known to a good part of the League, but he didn't know what eyes may be watching out here, so caution was still necessary.

"A pleasure to speak to you again, King Calyrex," Hideo said, bowing to the king once more. "I heard this time, you're looking for stories about justice? I have one that should be fitting."

The boy took a seat, retrieving a storybook out from his bag. The "Ralts" on his shoulder dismounted him, looking over the book; it was a braille book, the boy flipping to a specific page, running his finger along the bumps.

"There once was a man with a very particular ability, granted to him by a powerful patron: should anyone attempt to harm him, they would be struck dead immediately. He was a cruel man, and he abused the power he was given, getting into fights and provoking people as much as he could. One day, he was arrested, and taken to court to face justice."

"And for his actions, his sentence was death. But he couldn't not laugh in their faces. 'There is no-one that could pass this sentence,' he said, 'For any that do so would die!'"

"But rather than be placed in a regular prison, they had prepared something special for him: he was placed down within a lone cell. There were no openings, save for the grate he was lowered down from. With what little light he had, he could see that there was nothing inside this cell, save for a single cup in the corner of the room, filled with a liquid."

"The man looked up at his jailer. 'Aren't you going to kill me?' he laughed."

"'No-one will come to harm you,' the jailer said. 'Inside of that cup is a poison, which you may drink. It will be a quick death. We will come back for you in sixty days'. And with that, the jailer covered the grate, leaving the man inside deprived of even the light."

"'Then you are all cowards!' the man shouted. He went to the cup, took it in his hand - and threw it at a wall. 'Come, now you have to try and kill me!' But there was no answer, and it was at that point that the man realized that the room was truly empty: there was no bed, no light, no food or water. All that was within this room was himself, and the now-shattered glass of poison, which could no longer harm him."

"It was the first time he'd ever felt fear, as he felt death's slow approach."

"Sixty days later, the jailers returned, and took his body out of the cell. He had long-since died, his execution carried out. Justice found him in the end."

With that, Hideo closed the storybook. "Always was a neat one to read," he said. "And it's one I'm finding a lot more relevant these days. There's a lotta people out there that think that they're safe from justice because they have some kind of special power or special privilege that puts them above others, but there's always a way for justice to find them."

With that, Hideo stowed the storybook away, the Calyrex letting out a "Cro rown!" as he walked off. Seems like the King liked this story as well.

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 18:30:11 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elise"]
[attr="class","body"]

Smiling at the Calyrex as she comes to bow her head towards him, the ambassador sees that the evening is setting in as her Mismagius accompanies her. “Good evening, Your Majesty. I am glad that you liked the story I told you last time.” She sits beside the High King and gives him space while the small psychic type Pokemon rests with her. “Are you hungry? I have some snacks I made myself.” [break][break]

From her pack, Elise takes out a bag of snickerdoodles and opens the bag to give a snickerdoodle to the king. She sees him eat the snickerdoodle cookie and gives her a happy growl of “Cro rown!” [break][break]

“It’s good, isn’t it? My mother loved them when she traveled to Galar with my father.” Her expression becomes a little sad as she spoke. Her mother was ailing and she had spent each time she had with her at her father’s estate in Rustboro City. “I am sorry, I shouldn’t be so sad. Let me see if I have a story for you…”[break][break]

When the Calyrex listens, the female royal spoke to the king with a wistful look to the evening sky. “I have not told you much about my aunt, Galar’s current queen, and my elder cousin who is the Prime Minister of Galar. The Queen has always hated Hoenn and she is disappointed that I am going against her wishes.”[break][break]

“Her wish is that she wants to keep Galar from having relations with the Hoenn region as a whole.” Elise feels the anger bubble within her when she remembers the Queen’s words towards Hoenn. “But my aunt is wrong. I want to benefit my country with diplomatic relations to Hoenn.”

A silent nod came from the Calyrex when Elise begins to tell the king her story, something that she thought of it being personal to her.[break][break]

“I was born and raised as a royal Princess of Galar. From the news I’ve seen of my country, the people of Galar see the justice that the Prime Minister promised them as the hope for Galar’s future. They only see him as a hero to the people and someone that they would look up to while the prime minister condemns and I as traitors to our country because we both live in Hoenn.”[break][break]

“To the people of Galar, I am only seen as a sheltered, naive princess who can’t be a heroine to them. My sincerest and greatest wish is that I want to be the heroine they look up to and while there are greater queens in Galar’s history that people revered, I want what’s best for the people of Galar.”[break][break]

“And if I should ever be queen myself, I want to be a fair and just ruler to my people. Although, I am only third in line to the Galarian royal throne, so I cannot be queen yet.” The princess takes a breath and looks over to the Calyrex who gave her a small nod for her to keep going. “But I want to be a good princess to her people instead. A princess who wants to save her country and people from its inevitable destruction before it is too late. Someone who wants to seek justice for the suffering that the current reigning Queen causes to the people.”[break][break]

Finishing her story, the Galarian princess looks down to the King of Bountiful Harvests as the Calyrex gives her a happy cry of “Cro rown!”[break][break]

“Thank you for listening to my tale, Your Majesty. I have some more cookies for you.” Taking off half of the piece from another snickerdoodle cookie, Princess Elise gives the other half to Calyrex as he eats it with a smile.

TAGS – Tales Beneath the Dyna Tree[break]
NOTESPrompt #2: Justice and/or heroism

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".elise"]--accent:#D0BDF0;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Siberian

Zo
She/Her
November 11
Lavender Town
Bisexual
Ranger
Cadet
Single
5' 8" height
5' 8" height
Keep your head down
awards
11 posts
zoë crow DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crow
zoë crow
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 18:34:06 GMT
zoë crow Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","crow"]
[attr="class","body"]

Zoë lacked a lot of traits that she might have liked to have. She excelled in few areas, but in those areas, she was almost second to none. One of these was her sense of justice. She could still remember being a child, having someone in a position of power, someone older, wiser, do something horrible or unkind. Those were the days when Zoë was often told to stay quiet. That she shouldn't speak unless spoken to. It was still one of the greatest wrongs of her life. Something she couldn't - or perhaps simply something she wouldn't let go of. She wasn't usually the forgiving kind. But that was even less true when it came to silencing the innocent and the weak in the wake of injustice.
[break][break]
The Calryx needed a story. Zoë knew she would always wonder what might have happened if she didn't give one. So it was under that tree, the sun slanting between the leaves and branches overhead, that Zoë began to speak. She sat down cross legged, making herself comfortable as she began.
[break][break]
The fundamental crux of justice in balance. Tip the scales too far in one direction, and injustice is created. Zoë bit her lip gently and placed her palms on her knees. My mother once told me that there was a little girl who was shunned by all the other children. She lived in a tiny town by the sea and had no one in her life. She was so very lonely...she truly couldn't imagine a more miserable existence.
[break][break]
But there, by the sea each evening at sunset, a dratini would come to the shore and greet her at the docks. Maybe it was fate the first time they met. Maybe it was coincidence and meant nothing. Only this couldn't be true, because it did mean something. To this girl, it meant everything. She could hardly believe it when the dratini came back, night after night. But come back she did. And each time, the two grew closer, reaching a breaking point. Tipping the scales.
[break][break]
One day... Zoë shifted on the ground, clearing her throat. She could feel the emotion swelling in her chest, but she didn't want to act on it in any way or make it known to the Calryx. One day, the girl was followed by the other children to the docks. They saw her, and they saw the dratini. They called her names. They pushed her down. They forced sand into her mouth and she rolled over and spit it out while they laughed above her.
[break][break]
The dratini didn't like seeing her friend being treated this way. She lashed out at the children with a pulse of water. They all fell down on the wooden planks, but one - just one - fell into the water below. It was true that he almost drowned. It was true that the dratini was blamed, no matter how much the little girl tried to speak. She tried to say it was her own fault. She tried to take the blame.
[break][break]
The little girl came back to the beach the next night, but the dratini never came. She came again, and again, but her friend was never there.
[break][break]
Zoë fell silent. She realized that it wasn't the best story. It wasn't even that compelling. But at least she'd drawn from personal experience. No matter how hard she'd tried, her voice had shaken slightly close to the end. At the very least, the Calryx seemed pleased with her offering.
[break][break]

None [break][break]

NOTES

- None

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".crow"]--accent:#D8AD43;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".crow b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".crow i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".crow u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".crow a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".crow h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".crow h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".crow .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".crow .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".crow .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".crow .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2024 6:04:54 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sunboy ciannyday"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","leftcolumn"]
[attr="class","avatarimg"]

[attr="class","tagnotes"]

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","textbody"]

"now that you're aware of the handsome hoenn hotshot, it's only fair that i return to tell you more of his story. yes! i know we look a lot alike. that's such a strange coincidence hehe.[break][break]

"i heard the prompt for this week is a story of justice and heroism. have you ever seen the anime my hero academia? what's an anime? um...it's like a painting that moves i guess, and then you join all these different paintings together to create a story that's broken down into seasons, and then episodes. i don't really wanna get into the details of it but here, watch this quick teaser.[break][break]

"ha! i tricked you, sucker. that was no teaser, that was the length of an entire episode. what do you think of grape boy? he's the purple dude with balls on his head. he's my favorite character so be careful with your feedback, i'm quite sensitive. anyways, i showed you that to give you an idea of how heroes can be depicted quite differently. they aren't always good, i don't think anyone is, and the anime does a good job at portraying that. in the end, heroes are just like anyone else. they are flawed and conflicted, which is really just a segue for me to get back to my story.[break][break]

"as you know, the handsome hoenn hotshot wasn't always a hero. i don't even think he's a hero now, but he is trying to be better. heroism is a dangerous concept, i feel, because it tends to paint things as either good or bad which leaves no room in the middle. good people can do bad things but that doesn't make them bad. the same can be said for the opposite. i know heroes were a big thing during your time but they shouldn't be a thing anymore. let's cast aside being heroes and just focus on being good. i think that's the message of the story i'm trying to convey to you here.[break][break]

"so if you're here looking for a hero, my advice would be to find someone who is trying their best to do good. no heroes is the way to go."
[break][break]

"cro rown!"
[break]

"relax! i'll take a selfie with you. no need to get so worked up about it."[break][break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"]HEROISM

[attr="class","pkmn"]
[attr="class","dashdash"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".ciannyday"] --accent:#FFB546!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sunboy"]--accent:#FFB546;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy"]width:450px; margin:0px auto; background: #222; border:solid 1px #232323; box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius:10px; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy b"]font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .textbody i"]font:11px/15px 'Poppins'; font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; height:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .inner"]display:flex;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn"]width:100px; padding:20px 25px 0px 30px; margin-top:10px; margin-right:30px; float:left; border-right:1px solid #1A1A1A;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn .avatarimg img"]height:70px; width:70px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; transform:rotate(-40deg); transition:2s all; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn"]margin-bottom:-50px; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn img"]border-radius:100px; background:#222; border:1px solid #1A1A1A; padding-bottom:7px; height:40px; margin-right:5px; transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn img:hover"]background-color:var(--accent); transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn .tagnotes"]font:10px/12px 'Poppins'; color:#fff; padding-top:40px; margin-left:0px; padding-bottom:10px; border-bottom:2px solid var(--accent); } .sunboy .leftcolumn .tagnotes a { font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .tagnotes .tag"]font:bold 15px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .sunboy .tagnotes .tag a { font:bold 16px/15px 'Poppins'!important; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .textbody"]font:12px/15px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:0.3px; color:#bfbfbf; text-align:justify; padding:40px 40px 40px 10px; width:300px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .oocnotes"]text-align:right; margin-right:10px; padding-bottom:10px; margin-top:-10px; } .sunboy .oocnotes a { font:bold 11px/11px 'Poppins'; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .dashdash"]height:10px; width:70px; float:left; margin-top:30px; margin-right:20px; background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .bottom"]height:50px; background-color:#272727; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; z-index:5; position:relative; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".sunboy .milkycredit"]font-size:11px; position:absolute; z-index:99; left: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .sunboy .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#3a3a3a!important; } .sunboy .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; font-size:14px; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

V

Sol
He/Him
Nineteen
June Twenty-Sixth
Anistar City, Kalos
Homosexual
Researcher
Civilian
Single
5'9" height
5'9" height
I know love exists because I am real and I am full of it.
awards
29 posts
part of
TAG WITH @solstice
Solstice Arylide
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2024 13:38:24 GMT
Solstice Arylide Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","solstice"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

So it seemed the King requested another story and Sol was more than happy to oblige again. He had a field day hypothesizing about the Pokémon's biology and the extent of its power - even going so far as to spamming with texts upon essays about the potential credibility of these theories. He would shortly apologize once his moment of excitement had passed, always with the addendum that it would happen again.

[break][break]
As Sol approached the great tree and knelt before the King, he took time to meet the gallant one's eyes. He was so wrapped up in his own thoughts he hadn't paid personal attention to it. He had not noticed the unique shape of its pupils till now.

[break][break]
"Hello again, Your Majesty. You're having a nice day, I hope," Sol said, rising.

[break][break]
"The story I wanted to tell you today is an old legend we have in my home region of Kalos. I used to have my parents read me it all the time, although they only told me the kid version." Sol smiled at the memory. Oh, how he missed those days. "The story has many names, but I always liked the title: The Jewel of Life.

[break][break]
"It tells the story of a doomed kingdom and the princess who saved it. I, uh, brought the picture book version if you wanted to look," He smiles at Calreyx, producing the fairy tale, "I don't know your familiarity with Kalos, but it was once ruled by a King, much like yourself...but that's neither here nor there."

[break][break]
The story was always told as though it was about humans, but little Sol had always wondered if the Princess could perhaps be a Pokémon instead. Sometimes his parents would humor him and tell it that way, allowing him to fill in the blanks... Sol rubbed the wetness from his eyes, no need to be sad, right? Having an audience with a king was a very big deal!

[break][break]
"I suppose I should just start the story, ahem," Sol cleared his throat and opened to the first page, "Once upon a time, there was a kingdom of great beauty and prosperity. Every building and street glittered with gems and jewels, but there was no stone in all the kingdom prettier or more perfect than the so-called crown jewel. This gemstone was called the Jewel of Life and was created with magic once a generation by the reigning King and Queen."

[break][break]
Sol showed Calyrex the picture, a simplistic castle painted in water color. A large pink gem shaped like a heart sat at the top of the castle's northern-most tower.

[break][break]
"The Jewel of Life was named so for it gave their kingdom the very thing - life! Their crops flourished, their water was pure, and their people lived long and healthy lives free of disease or illness." Sol turned the page again, showing the image of the prosperous kingdom to the majestic Pokemon, "The King and Queen of the kingdom were charged with the creation and care of the Jewel and raised their daughter to take care of it too. Unfortunately, she was very hedonistic and carefree and never listened to her parents, thusly never learning how to properly take care of or even create a gem of such power."

[break][break]
He turned the page again, revealing the gem to be cracked and dull. It's pink hue had become muddled, almost gray.

[break][break]
"Then one day," Sol's voice took a somber tone, "The Jewel of Life cracked, its life-giving aura had become corrupted, resulting in the devastation of the kingdom. Crops withered to ash, the water became sludge, and a plague spread claiming many lives - including the King and Queen.

[break][break]
"This left the Princess as the only one capable of taking care of the Kingdom. Unable to make a new Jewel of Life on her own, the Princess had no choice but to consult her advisors in hopes they would have the solution. One advisor told her to give up and take all of the healthy people and crops somewhere new. Another advisor suggested they abandon all hope of making a new jewel and try and fix their problems without magic or die trying. Her final advisor suggested the Princess venture into the Enchanted Forest on the very edge of their kingdom to find the creature that had bestowed the royal family with their magic."

[break][break]
Sol turned the page again revealing a decaying landscape painted in dull browns and grays, the sky filled with ash. On the very edge of the landscape was a verdant forest untouched by the destruction.

[break][break]
"The Princess chose hope and set off to head into the forest. Before leaving, channeling the magic inherited by her family, she created a flawed jewel in hopes that the beast could bless it." Sol cleared his throat once more as he turned the page and revealed the Princess wearing a white dress holding a jewel at the edge of a magical forest, "She disappeared into the lush forest where even the very air teemed with life. Flowers bloomed but never died, moss clung to every surface, mushrooms illuminated even the darkest night. It was truly enchanting."

[break][break]
"The Princess walked for what could have been days or years, possibly even seconds. Time felt unreal to her. When she had walked her lifespan several times over, she fell to her knees and looked towards the canopy of leaves and pleaded. She pleaded with Gods and demons, with good and evil. She pleaded for an answer, a solution for her people. When she had cried and screamed and begged to her very last, finally an answer came."

[break][break]
The next image was of a majestic creature resembling a winged stag with horns standing over the princess. Veins of rainbow light ran across it and emanated from it as though it were an aura.

[break][break]
"The Guardian of the Forest stood before her and although it did not speak, it communicated to her as the wind through the trees or the taste of fruit on her tongue. It heard her pleas and offered her a solution. The Princess looked up at the magical creature and sobbed as she thanked it. The Guardian imbued the gem with its power and sent the Princess on her way.

[break][break]
"Although it had taken her forever to find The Guardian, it had only taken her mere minutes to leave the Enchanted Forest. She found that no time had passed at all since she entered, but she did not linger too long. She had a Kingdom to save!" Sol flipped the page to show the picture of the travel back and then to show the picture of her return, where the Princess was knelt down before the Jewel of Life as her citizens looked on. "She made her way back to the chamber where the damaged gem was held and bowed before it. All of the citizens looked on at her as she replaced the old gem with the new one. But nothing changed."

[break][break]
"There was only one thing left for her to do, just as the Guardian had instructed. She looked on at her kingdom and smiled. In her heart she knew that this was for the greater good. She whispered an ancient spell and began glowing. Her entire being became crystal before it shattered, glowing with magical light that was absorbed by the new Jewel of Life. One that would last for eternity and would ensure that her Kingdom would never falter again."

[break][break]
Sol showed Calyrex the final pages of the book before showing it the very last page, 'Fin.'

[break][break]
He smiled at the King, "Sorry that was so long. I know most of that wasn't in the book, but I didn't want to give you the kiddie version. I know it's a bit outlandish, but I've always loved it. Anyways! I hope you enjoy the story your majesty."

[attr="class","solsticeooc"]
@tag
[break]

NOTES

Tell a story of Justice and/or Heroism.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".solstice"]--accent:#ff0077;font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]

[newclass=".solstice .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".solstice b"]color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]

[newclass=".solstice i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".solstice u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".solstice a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".solstice h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".solstice h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".solstice .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".solstice .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".solstice .credit a"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]

[googlefont="Roboto Mono"]

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-eight
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
all our weight is just a burden offered to us by the world
awards
419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2024 14:40:31 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal eddieh"]
[attr="class","top"]

He'd been a little over-eager during his first visit, and Eddie only realized he had overstayed his welcome when one of the attendants to the Calyrex gave him a gentle tap on the shoulder, urging him to wrap things up so the next person could have their chance to entertain the king. Of course, Eddie had only been happy to oblige; he couldn't deny other fine folks the opportunity to spin their own yarn. [break][break]

In fact, it was something of a blessing in disguise as Eddie now found himself more excited then ever to return to the Calyrex's court. The sun had only barely peaked it's way over the horizon when Eddie found himself back at the Dyna Tree, [break][break]

“G'morning, your highness! Didja miss me?” he called from his deep bow. He didn't wait for a reply as he rose back up, “Got another story for ya! Though this one's basically the 'Cliffs Notes' version of the full thing. Had to read it back in high school, and lemme tell ya, the long version is real god damn long.” [break][break]

He cleared his throat and cracked his knuckles. It's showtime, Eddie-boy; [break][break]

“Right, so a long, long time ago, in a land to the east of Paldea, there were these two nations that got into a real big war. The start of it had somethin' to do with some princess that got kidnapped, but I ain't gonna bore you with the details there. [break][break]

There were a lotta strong warriors on both sides, but one side had the toughest motherfucker in the region. The guy's name was Achilles, but the problem was, he wouldn't fight. If I remember right, I think it was somethin' about his pride that kept him from gettin' involved. But, no matter how much his king would beg, or what kinda gifts he showered the guy with, Achilles wouldn't budge. [break][break]

Now, Achilles had a best friend named Patroclus. He ended up bein' a lot more sympathetic to his comrades' concerns, and he goes and tries to ask Achilles to fight. Even though they're closer than anyone coulda been, Achilles still turns Patroclus down, so Patroclus says 'alright dipshit, then I'm gonna snag your armor and head out to fight my own damn self.' [break][break]

And that's just what Patroclus does; he puts on Achilles' armor, marches up to the front lines, and actually takes out a heavy hitter or two from the other side before he gets put down himself.”
[break][break]

Eddie's throat felt dry all of a sudden. He swallowed hard, fighting past the discomfort, [break][break]

“Now, uh, Achilles is fuckin' pissed as all hell, as you could imagine. He'd been waitin' for Patroclus to come back, sayin' that when he did, they were gonna fight together, and the enemy army has the god damn gall to snag Patroclus' corpse. They use it to taunt Achilles, denyin' the guy a proper burial. Back in those days, they thought if you didn't bury someone, their soul'd be trapped in their body forever.” [break][break]

His face was flushed at the indignity of the thought, his voice growing louder and more impassioned, [break][break]

“But he's more than just pissed; Achilles is fuckin' heartbroken. He cries so damn hard that his mom, a sea goddess, hears him. She warns him that if he kills the enemy commander, he's gonna die himself. Achilles says that he doesn't fuckin' care, he's gonna avenge Patroclus no matter the fuckin' cost. [break][break]

And that's just what Achilles does. He doesn't have his armor anymore, but he's shrouded in light from a goddess, lit up with righteous fuckin' fury. He brings Patroclus back home, and later goes on to absolutely fuckin' merk the enemy commander. Achilles drags the guy's corpse behind his chariot, a sign to the enemy army of what happens when you fuck with the people he loves. The other side has to go beggin' Achilles, this guy so sick with grief, to get the body of their leader back.”
[break][break]

With the story more or less over, Eddie took a moment to catch his breath. This was a lot longer than the first one, huh? But he had one last thing to say, a point to make that had stuck with him ever since he first read the story all those years ago, [break][break]

“For my money, though, I think Patroclus is the real hero,” he mused, his voice lowered to a soft and deep timbre, “Ain't no greater honor than layin' down your life for the people you care about. For someone you love.” [break][break]

With only a slight nod, Eddie turned on his heel and stormed out of the court, ignoring the cry of “Cro rown!” hurled at his back. His eyes were starting to sting, his breaths came out in shallow, agitated huffs; probably allergies from the stupid, overly large and overly pink tree, he reassured himself, as he scrubbed his eyes on his way out.

[attr="class","ooc"] Prompt 2; Justice/heroism

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[newclass=".eddieh"] --accent:#d4a53c!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto 20px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0px[/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center; margin-top:-20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; width:50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; left: 103px; bottom:10px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#212121; } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.minimal .pokeclass] position:absolute; right:95px; bottom:-30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.minimal .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent; padding:0px 0px 12px 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.minimal .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.minimal]position:relative;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Gina

мегера
She/Her
April 4th
Castelia City
Bisexual
Hair Stylist
Ace
5′7″ / 170cm height
5′7″ / 170cm height
I recall no one that loved me whole before and I've not been in love with anybody before.
awards
242 posts
part of
TAG WITH @abigail
Abigail Mikhaylov
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2024 18:04:05 GMT
Abigail Mikhaylov Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

A story of justice, huh?[break][break]
Abigail isn’t one to really tell stories. Nor high tales already printed for the masses to read. Today however something compels her to spill the secrets long kept locked away in her heart. A darker chapter in her life, long before meeting her true father and half brother , who used to never give her the time of day.[break][break]
“Justice is a black and white topic.” She starts, gold eyes locked onto the legendary awaiting her tale. “It can be swift and quick, or cruel and ruthless. You can decide how this one ends, if you’d like. After all, I wouldn’t know what to call it myself.”[break][break]
Clearing her throat, she begins the story.[break][break]
“A young girl was born in the Castelia slums. A slum is where the ugliest parts of the city are hidden for the comfort of others. Here, a little girl wasn’t allowed outside or even in the sun, because her mother was envious of her beauty. So envious in fact, that she always kept this child’s hair cut short and ragged, like a boy's.”[break][break]
“The girl didn’t know what loneliness was at the time, but she always felt empty. But she had a friend. A Salandit who wandered into the house one day. The little girl kept this Pokemon a secret, because she knew her mother would get rid of it, or worse. Months went by, and the Pokemon and human became friends. They were inseparable. Even in her darkest days the Pokemon was a comfort to her. And then, the darkest day yet came.”[break][break]
“One day the mother brought a man home. He was miserable. Angry, too. And he took his anger out onto others. The little girl didn’t protect her mother, she felt nothing for her after all. To the girl, this was the justice she prayed for. But then when the little girl began to get hit, enough was enough. Again, justice came swift and unforgiving. Both mother and man were left pale and paralyzed, their lives snuffed out like a candle’s flame. Not even the little girl knew what happened that day. But, justice ensured that she would never be hurt by those two ever again.”[break][break]
After telling her story, Abigail leaves an offering of Oran and Pecha berries under the tree. An offering for Calyrex. “Did you think that was justice? Or, do you perhaps wonder what happened to the little girl and her pokemon? I like to think they’re still together.”[break][break]

[attr="class","rigidtag"]TALES BENEATH THE DYNA TREE

[attr="class","rigidpokes"]

[newclass=.rigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid b] color: #fa347d; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #d49736; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #fa347d; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid i] color: #fa347d; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #fa347d; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d49736; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigid span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #fa347d; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
311 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 16:25:26 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar
[attr="class","postruinsbg"]

[attr="class","postruinstxt"]

[attr="class","postruinsicon"]
Roy returns to the same tree the next day to recycle one of the many stories his grandmother told him when he was younger.

"Once upon a time in the lands of Hoenn, there was a small village nestled in between two mountains. This particular village was protected by a retired hero that took on the role of a blacksmith in his old age. The citizens of the village looked up to him and often requested his guidance when times were difficult."

"One day, a wicked but playful batch of fairy-type pokemon started causing trouble in the village. These pokemon would play pranks on the villagers and steal their prized possessions. The village famous for its peace was no longer peaceful."

"In their quest for justice, the villagers turned to their retired hero, urging him to vanquish the troublesome pokemon. Despite his initial hesitation, the blacksmith agreed, working through the night crafting weapons to confront the fairy-type pokemon."

"Once morning arrived, the band of mischievous pokemon returned and the blacksmith stood ready. Surprisingly, instead of weapons, he revealed a bag filled not with arms, but with exquisite jewelry crafted from his finest steel."

"The fairy-types, captivated by the beauty, excitedly claimed their share of the loot. Touched by the blacksmith's unexpected kindness, they returned all the items that were once stolen. The day was saved, and the blacksmith was the hero."

"With the promise that the blacksmith would continue to craft them jewelry, the fairy-type pokemon promised to protect the village instead of harm it. Within a few years, the pokemon became the dedicated guardians to the village and everything was 'happily ever after' from there."

"They say this story is why fairy-type pokemon are weak to steel-type pokemon. I hope you enjoyed it."

"CRO-ROWN!"

[attr="class","postruinspkmn"]

[newclass=.postruinsbg]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/2BdJS3Z.png'); width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt]margin:-40px 85px -40px 115px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt b]text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; color: #d5a03a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsicon]background:url("https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/royaker.gif"); width: 120px; height: 120px; margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinstxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt blockquote b]color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt .vdice-value]border:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsdice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinstxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt .audiojs .progress]background: #aaa;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinspkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinspkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinspkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinsart]text-align:center; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,107 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2024 4:50:37 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Having returned from his Ranger duties, Josh had heard word that the Calyrex that served as his priest last week had returned to hear more stories, this time of justice and/or heroism. Thie time, he had something more planned and more recited in mind: the tale of the Hero of Johto. It was a tale he had once shared with . It was a Johtonian folk tale that resonated with him well. It was about the three Pokémon he revered, idolized, and had crawled out of an unhealthy obsession with. At one point he believed them to be the three fastest land Pokémon in the world... until he discovered Raikiri. That mythical thundercat could hold his own against them as long as they didn't invoke Extreme Speed.

"Thank you for hearing my confession a few days ago," Josh bowed in greeting to the Calyrex. "Today, High King, I come to you with a tale from Johto, of the gods of my home region. How much of it is myth is uncertain, but it was my favorite bedtime story from when I was a child. It is about three heroes that bring a malevolent dynasty to justice in the distant past."

[player]https://fi.zophar.net/soundfiles/playstation-psf/legend-of-dragoon-the/922%20-%20Long%2C%20Long%20Ago.mp3[/player]
THEME SONG - "Long, Long Ago" - THE LEGEND OF DRAGOON OFFICIAL SOUNDTRACK

Long ago, when humans first started to tame Pokémon, the world had not seen war for hundreds of years. The region of Johto was a peaceful and prosperous place. But all of this happiness needed a source. That source was the Great One, Ho-oh, the guardian of all Johto's Pokémon. Ho-oh brought with her great abundance, uplifting the spirits of all her subjects far below.

When humans first realized that Pokémon could be trained to assist with everyday life, the world advanced. As time flowed on, technology fueled by Pokémon continued to grow. Human greed blossomed in the cultural and economical revolution. Two empires grew: the East, centered around Blackthorn Castle high above the rest of the region, and Ecruteak Castle in the West.

Tensions grew between the East and the West as both sides discovered that Pokémon were excellent fighters. The East was well-positioned, not only having the geographical advantage due to their castle stronghold being located in the mountains, but also by having exclusive access to dragon Pokémon. The East's aerial cavalry were called the Blackthorn Dragoons, and they were nigh unstoppable in battle. With flying steeds faster than the swiftest Rapidash, stronger than the most stout Tauros, and with the most destructive elemental weapons in the region, any Western settlement that stood in the way was doomed before the battle started. Their power shrunk the size of the Western Empire.

With the East's mastery over their Pokémon, they conquered town after town under their rule. Blackthorn had cornered Ecruteak to their stronghold. Even with the power of the Dragoons, though, their generals and emperor knew that the West's final stronghold would not fall easily. They mustered their strongest forces, including dragon Pokémon of all kinds, ready to execute a deadly three-pronged attack. Little did they know that the West had an even more powerful ally on their side than even dragons: the very gods themselves.

As the dragon Pokémon began to lay siege to Ecruteak Village and her castle, three mysterious warriors rushed in from the northern horizon, each mounted atop a large Beast Pokémon. The first, Raikou: tiger-like, with lightning-bolt stripes, carrying with it storm clouds. The second, Entei: lion-like and burly, spewing purifying Sacred Fire. The third, Suicune: leopard-like and adorned with an icy crystal for a crown. The Beasts could run far faster than any Pokémon man had known, and attacked viciously, using the elements of fire, water, and lightning. These three brave warriors stayed true to the Pokémon. They were known as the Beast Riders.

Armored with mystic plate that was so lightweight it did not slow their steeds one bit, they wielded fearsome swords modeled after their divine steeds' crowns. One in the shape of a lightning bolt, little could withstand the electricity that danced from its blade. One in the shape of a burning flame, little could withstand its holy fire. One in the shape of an ice crystal, little could withstand its chilling, purifying mist.

With the revelation of such fearsome allies being at their foes' side, Blackthorn's emperor ordered an all-hands effort to conquer the West's final stronghold. The battle was bitter and bloody. The West's chosen warriors trampled over and cleaved through swaths of the East's soldiers and Pokémon. Though they had greatly reduced the East's numbers, even they and their Beasts had their limits. Defending the Emperor's quarters at the top of the Brass Tower, the weary trio raised the swords against the tyrant's Dragonite. The gods had their limits, too, a searing HYPER BEAM threatening to melt their bodies and crash into the tower's support beam.

The electric tiger, with his last breath, summoned a vicious column of lightning around the tower and those fighting around it. The tower burst into flames as a result, both emperors and their best remaining soldiers vaporizing in the maelstrom of plasma. Lugia, the legendary bird Pokémon that was said to roost atop it, fled to the southwest on grave injuries, never to be seen again. The fires raged relentlessly, causing the tower to collapse into the ground. After three days and three nights, a miracle befell the city: a torrential downpour put out the flames, revealing a smoldering ruin of what was the home of the Beast of the Sea.

When the downpour ended, Ho-oh flew above the ruins of the tower, shining a rainbow straight into what was left of the tower basement. This light branched off into beams of yellow, blue, and red. The colored lights changed shape, the Great One giving new life to the legendary Beasts that sacrificed their lives for her.

It is said that in times of trial and tribulation, three warriors chosen by Ho-oh will ride across the land, quenching war and promoting peace.

They are the Beast Riders, and they are the guardians of Pokémon.

"And that, High King Calyrex, was my favorite bedtime story from my childhood," Josh exhaled. He wondered what and would think of the story if they were around to listen to it. "If you would like, you may join me in prayer to the Great One." He dropped to his knees and began reciting well-penned words out of reverence of the Emergent's Patron.

{WC: 1,101}

Theme: Heroism
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2024 18:10:34 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"heroism, huh? we have a lot of that here."

from the roots of the tree, he looks up to the sky, watching the clouds as light filters through the leaves of the dyna tree.

"me? oh, no. i'm no hero. i barely do things on my own."

the trait that separates him from the rest of the people who aim for that title is the sense of righteousness that they have inside of them. kyle doesn't have the same drive as those people.

"i guess i'll tell you about one of my kids instead."

he's stubborn. he's steadfast. he's resolute.

there are a few things that matter to him, but it's the image of being the good guy that he keeps close to his chest the most.

when someone ditches their duty to hang out with them, it's him that tells them to get back to work. when one tries to abuse their authority to bend the law, it's him that corrects them, even if it's to his own detriment.

he adheres to his own law, and that law is to be a hero.

it's childish, really, to be too self-righteous and feed their own ego that they will be a better person as long as they have their morals in check. this guy, however, sticks to their guns even in the face of reality.

sooner or later, he's going to be forgotten. only a few other people know of his entire character, and that already includes me. i told him it wasn't worth it being a hero and, well, he proved me wrong.

i'm sure he didn't regret his actions, even if the consequences were dire. he's nothing but a number in the statistics now, and we aren't even sure if his actions made a difference, but he died as he lived.

the kid's a hero in the making. too bad he stepped up to the plate too early, but then again, i suppose that's one mark of a hero in a traditional sense-- to put others before yourself at all costs.

he didn't want recognition. no hero prioritizes himself over others, after all. he left his fans alone, but i'm certain he knows we're strong enough to handle the loss.

he did his own dream justice. his name will be ingrained in me for making an impact.

"but i'm not going to share it. that arrogant kid isn't going to get the satisfaction of me heralding him as one of the greatest people i know."

he chuckles.

"his brother is invested on inheriting his will though. he can do it instead. i already gave him a premium ticket anyways, and that's more than what i usually give. the paperwork for that kind of consideration was too much work, you know."

kyle gets up and stretches, feeling the winds of ever grande touching his face.

"the world doesn't do justice to people like him, but that's fine. we change our definition of it all the time anyways."

@tags
close tab

played by

Tsukistar

Elliot
They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
Would you like an adventure now, or would you like to have your tea first?
awards
574 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2024 18:25:08 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
El had been a bit of a late comer to the tree - but in arriving during one chill evening, they had been met with a fascinating sight.

A Calyrex - but unlike the one from the dreams of Galar, this one appeared to be in the prime of health. In addition to this, while it seemed to remember people who had been caught up in the dreams... It was only those who had lived the other dream - that of the Sword's. But all the same, they were awed at the sight of the lapine Legendary - and was eager to learn more about them.

So, when the request for a story came along, they were eager to provide. "Justice and heroism... It, uhm... Kinda makes me think of the Galar dreams, actually." They muse out loud - a funny coincidence, really. "It was... It's something I actually find a lot of fond memories in, even if those memories are a bit fragmented and hazy." Bibidi had done what she could, to help preserve as much of the memories as either of them could.

"It was hard, for sure, to survive in the dream - especially in the early days. We were kinda on the back foot, and not everyone got along from the start - being split between Rocket and League... But when we started to find our footing and settle in? We were able to work together. We were able to do good for the people who counted on us, and be the heroes of this big crazy 20-year story." There was a sense of pride, that El felt about said good, even if the people it was for had simply been part of the dream...

"Working together, helping innocent villagers and their towns survive... We'd been able to take down two major threats to the dream, the Skeleton and the Black Knight, things that... I don't think either side would've been able to do on its own. Even with Zamazenta on our side." El smiled bright with this, though... The smile would drop a little as they sighed - musing out loud "I... do wish that that sort of camaraderie stuck around, though. The fighting between Rocket and League, it doesn't feel like it'll ever lead anywhere good for any of us. Some trouble in the first day was even caused by some fighting, in fact."

There is a brief pause, as El tries to recall. "There was this... Statue? Shrine? I don't wholly remember - but it was up on this snowy mountain, and had gotten destroyed in all the fighting, and... I think it was one of the only things that was keeping that Calyrex from the dream alive. From losing their mind to... That poison, that seemed to be trying to take over the dream."

El pauses for a second, mulling it over a little more. "And during the fight against Kyurem not long ago - even though we had been more or less on the same page at first... There was fighting then, especially when Palkia had emerged - even though there was a giant, terrible, beast bearing down on us. In fact, after the Galar dream, someone close to my brother had gotten kidnapped by Rocket - which led to him having to stage a rescue. One that almost got him killed..."

El is quiet for a short time, thoughtful... Before letting out this long, heavy, sigh. "I'm... Not sure why people are like this. Sure, there's probably a ton of reasons that people are in Rocket - and it's not as though they're all entirely bad people. But then there's the ones who start fighting when we're all in the same boat in the end, and it just... Is a little frustrating." They slowly shake their head "They... May not always be here to be 'just' or 'heroic' - a lot of Rockets do really terrible things..."

"... But they can see the stuff that's been going on too, don't they? That the stuff that's happening and threatens us doesn't care about either side of this... This stupid conflict...?"

Though, even that being said... "But it's not like it's only Rockets that I'm frustrated with, honestly. There's those on the other end of the spectrum - working with the League or just individual civilians - who just... Feel like they're biting at the bit for an excuse to fight Rockets, too." They think back to the League party, to - who had been more than happy to throw threats at someone just for being an ex-Rocket.

El sighs again, before smiling somewhat melancholic to the Calyrex. "Sorry; all of this reminiscing got a bit sad, didn't it?" They try to brighten their smile a little, though - mentioning "But even with all of the troubles, there's still so many good people - people I'd happily call 'heroes' - out there. I'm happy to know a lot of the people that I do, really - I admire them so much - and... I have a lot of hope, for the future."
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,492 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2024 15:56:30 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"Greetings, King Calyrex.", Thomas called out to the Calyrex, giving the Legendary Pokemon a respectful bow.

"A tale of justice and heroism? Forgive me if this one becomes a bit too personal.", Thomas told the Calyrex.

"Once upon a time, there was boy who fled a land overtaken by dark forces. As the boy fled his homeland, a vicious hellhound attempted to stop him. The boy's friends held off the hellhound. The boy was able to escape the hellhound, at the cost of the lives of his friends."

"The boy, swearing justice for his land, as well as his friends, trained to become a valiant knight. Through his hard work, the boy eventually became a Barricade dedicated to protecting others from the misery inflicted upon him by the hellhound, and the dark forces it represented."

"Upon completing his training, the boy was sent to another land, one which the dark forces planned on consuming, just as they did his homeland. Before the young knight's arrival, the dark forces took the land's queen. Eventually, word got to the kingdom of the queen's whereabouts. Among the valiant knights who heeded the call of action was the young knight."

"Upon reaching the queen, the rescue party found themselves in the jaw of a foul trap. The dark forces left the queen as bait, to kill her, as well as the rescue party. The young knight, in an act of heroism, made sure the queen got out safely. The price of his heroism was his life, his justice denied."

"Though the knight never had the chance to get the justice he deserved, his heroic sacrifice saved the life of the queen that day. The hellhound in question still terrorizes the lands, to this day, bringing misery and havoc in the name of the dark forces he serves. But the surviving members of the rescue party remember the valiant Barricade to this day, and fight valiantly to prevent the dark forces from consuming this land."

"The young knight's name was Lao Seval, and his sacrifice will never be forgotten."

tags: @tag
notes: A tale of justice & heroism