inmediasres

she/her
Twenty-eight
September 6th
Turffield
Gay
Mercenary
Grunt
what say you and all your friends step up to my friends in the alley tonight?
awards
48 posts
part of
TAG WITH @rheaa
Rhea Armistead
THE FIRST WAVE: PRELUDE SIGN-UPS
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2024 12:55:15 GMT
Rhea Armistead Avatar

BATTLE OF SOOTOPOLIS SIGN-UP

THE FIRST WAVE PRELUDE

OOC NAME: inmediasres[break]
CHARACTER: [break]
FACTION: Rocket[break]
SCENARIO: B[break]
PREFERRED PARTNERS, INCLUDING OPPONENTS IF PVP?: [break]
POKEMON PARTY (MAX 6)

[break]
NOTES/COMMENTS: Nothing makes you feel more like a god than driving back some punk with one of them as their lapdog.

This encounter is going to be a particularly fun one for Rhea; timeline-wise, she has only recently entered her contract with Rocket, and this will effectively be her first major conflict under their banner. And to go in and somehow get a (close) win in against one of the League's gym leaders? You couldn't ask for a better outcome than that.

General themes and ~vibes~; uncertainty masked by fake arrogance that eventually gives way to genuine hubris. Getting swept up in the thrill of a brawl, reveling in the ensuing violence, but undercut by a little bit of real remorse (because geeze, why the hell did the League send an injured guy to an active warzone?). Cat and mouse, the thrill of the chase, yada yada.

Also on board with RR's choice of setting as either being inland or on a fairly large island 👍
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-eight
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,704 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2024 13:02:41 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

THE FIRST WAVE PRELUDE

OOC NAME: oslo[break]
FACTION: league[break]
PREFERRED PARTNERS, INCLUDING OPPONENTS IF PVP?: versus [break]
POKEMON PARTY (MAX 6) [BREAK][BREAK]

NOTES/COMMENTS: a battle on the cliffs of sootopolis or even in one of its little neighborhoods would be ideal. some of the themes i want to explore with remiel in this thread are as follows: IMBALANCE, DOGMA, VENGEANCE, RETRIBUTION, and CONSEQUENCES. now that remiel is allowed to freely engage in war with rocket, he begins to take things too far. this battle will not end as cleanly as he hopes it will, and he will learn the difference between fighting megalopolans in the battlefield and fighting among a civilian population who once looked up to him.
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
3,072 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2024 13:04:44 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

BATTLE OF PETALBURG SIGN-UP

THE FIRST WAVE PRELUDE

OOC NAME: EBC[break]
POKEMON PARTY (MAX 6)

[attr="class","silpc-pkmn-img"]

NOTES/COMMENTS: Doug was just having a regular day at Petalburg's general when everything went to absolute shit and he found himself ordered to the medic camps being set up near the frontlines.

And then Dorian happens, cuz he a bich and an instigator. :squint:

On a more serious note, Kanto Rocket's more aggressive and violent methods would activate Doug's worse side for sure. They're essentially the same people who burned everything (and just about everyone) he used to know to the ground, which touches upon bad memories and bring up bad, almost fully discarded habits.

I'm also operating on the thought that the Lele quest already happened at this point— nothing to do with powers, but rather, his bond with Lele has been renewed/strengthened, which has led to a stronger blending of her character traits into his.

So he's gonna be a lil more unhinged, because I love doing ever so-slightly unhinged Doug. :creepysmile:
close tab

played by

oslo

cottonmouth
feminine
january 19th
nimbasa city, unova
pansexual
HBIC special agent
civilian
that sly come-hiter stare that strips my conscience bare
awards
23 posts
part of
TAG WITH @niola
Niola Winchester
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2024 13:12:29 GMT
Niola Winchester Avatar

BATTLE OF MOSSDEEP SIGN-UP

THE FIRST WAVE PRELUDE

OOC NAME: oslo[break]
SCENARIO: A (tentatively open B if any unpaired rocket needs to be assigned)[break]
POKEMON PARTY (MAX 6)

[break]
NOTES/COMMENTS: space center, satellite management, tracking movements, gathering and spreading intel to allied forces, coordinating attacks, HBIC themes, etc.
close tab

played by

Tagger

Arbok Nine
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2024 13:28:45 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

THE FIRST WAVE PRELUDE

OOC NAME: Tagger[break]
POKEMON PARTY (MAX 6) [break]
[break]
NOTES/COMMENTS: Revenge, both Thomas and the Kanto Rockets would want revenge on one another. Thomas, for the friends he lost during the Kanto Takeover. The Kanto Rockets would be among those who knew Thomas, from when he stayed in Kanto. One of them, the brother of the Rocket he put in a coma, is leading the charge. They will threaten Thomas' loved ones during the battle.[break][break]Tapu Koko's attempts to keep Thomas in line. The internal struggle between Thomas wanting to kill the Kanto Rockets, and his attempts at trying to rise above his rage.[break][break]It could either be set in the waters, approaching a Rocket vessel, or on the Rocket vessel itself. Perhaps phase one could be him attempting to board said vessel?[break][break]Also, Koko on Koko violence.
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
Gym Leader
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
1,088 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2024 13:31:16 GMT
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki Avatar

THE FIRST WAVE PRELUDE

OOC NAME: Nagato[break]
FACTION: League [break]
PREFERRED PARTNERS, INCLUDING OPPONENTS IF PVP?: & vs [break]
POKEMON PARTY (MAX 6) (see below)

NOTES/COMMENTS: If possible, setting the thread near the rear of Team Rocket's invasion (even outside Petalburg) is ideal. Tsubaki and Eddie will charge towards the back of Team Rocket's assault to find and defeat those leading from the back, before being intercepted by Howard and freeing Roze from captured custody.

This thread will explore the aftermath of Hyperborea, Howard's months of training in the fictional Galar, Regice's ascent, Tsubaki's connections to Kanto's Team Rocket, Eddie's warrior mindset, and Roze being pushed into a conflict she is not yet ready for.

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Rustboro Captain
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,934 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2024 13:33:13 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar

THE FIRST WAVE PRELUDE

OOC NAME: Lunar[break]
PREFERRED PARTNERS, INCLUDING OPPONENTS IF PVP?: (talked with Ven in DMs teehee) and hehe[break]
[break]
NOTES/COMMENTS: I'd like this to take place in the city itself. After State of the Region and her capture by Rocket from a year ago, she has somewhat negative opinions of Rockets in general. I'd want to use this to explore a lot of her self-doubt of being a leader figure for her people, her fears of not being there for them when they need her most, and her desire to create a gentler world. The Calyrex shard will be a narrative tool for this since she's working on the sidelines to be a military medic for wartime and she desires to help not just her people, but the Hoennians in Petalburg too.

Garden of Avalon (shard Calyrex's Z-move) can be used to heal some other leaguers that she comes across. If need be, she'll have to defend herself and/or the people of Petalburg from Rockets.
close tab

played by

Tagger

Mad Dog of Rocket
he/him/his
May 8
Pyrite Town, Orre
Heterosexual
Night Club Owner
Executive
Marionette Accardo
Taken
6'00" height
6'00" height
awards
829 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dorian
dorian westcliff
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2024 13:33:15 GMT
dorian westcliff Avatar

THE FIRST WAVE PRELUDE

OOC NAME: tagger[break]
FACTION: rocket[break]
SCENARIO: B?[break]
[break]
NOTES/COMMENTS: Essentially, Dorian being a supervillain for Rocket purposes. Gleefully engaging in terrorism, when he encounters Doug. Though he regrets the deaths of his friends, Dorian now considers Doug a man. Thus, Doug has to die.
close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,969 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2024 13:33:58 GMT
Navy Avatar

THE FIRST WAVE PRELUDE

OOC NAME: Teddie[break]
FACTION: League[break]
POKEMON PARTY (MAX 6) Zacian, Spectrier, Greninja, Garchomp, Dragonite, Iron Valiant[break]
NOTES/COMMENTS: While Kyogre approaches, Navy joins the League offensive. He quickly engages with the Quinns, who he engaged long ago in a helpless battle under Granite Cave. I would like to use this battle to showcase how far Navy has come since then, while also putting the strength of the Quinns front and center. Navy holds them off so the rest of the League doesn't have to deal with them, but it really is holding off since neither side can gain a decisive advantage.[break]
Furthermore, I would like the battle to be interrupted at some point by Kyogre/other frenzied Pokemon upset by the fighting attacking a boat filled with last minute evacuees. They could put aside their differences to ensure the boat gets through before going right back to fighting. It would show that all three, for different reasons, care about Sootopolis's people.

close tab

played by

Nagato

Hana
She/Her
July 7
Pacifidlog Town
Any/All
Mercenary
Grunt
5'6"//168cm height
5'6"//168cm height
awards
126 posts
Aoki Hana DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @aokihana
Aoki Hana
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2024 13:35:24 GMT
Aoki Hana Avatar

THE FIRST WAVE PRELUDE

OOC NAME: Nagato[break]
FACTION: Rocket[break]
POKEMON PARTY (MAX 6) Doublade, Melmetal, Scizor, Skarmory, Empoleon, Excadrill[break]
NOTES/COMMENTS: Hana coming to terms with her strength, the capacity of the league's strongest trainers, and the desire to get stronger - everything else is real flexible as far as I'm concerned!
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Officer / Gym Leader / INTERPOL
Lieutenant Officer
Feels like
I've known you for a lifetime.
119 kg (262 lbs) / 196 cm (6' 5") height
119 kg (262 lbs) / 196 cm (6' 5") height
Was doing swords and shields before it was cool.
awards
1,485 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2024 13:42:12 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

THE FIRST WAVE PRELUDE

OOC NAME:EBC[break]
FACTION: league or rocket or civilian[break]
SCENARIO: A OR B?[break]
POKEMON PARTY (MAX 6)

NOTES/COMMENTS: I already got everything I wanted when Shiv mentioned Gwyar's training on the civvies tbh. :smug:

Jokes aside, the next step in Gwyar's journey as a gym leader is to take the leading role in protecting his city. Themes of responsibility, growing attached to a home outside of your own, forming connections with a new community.

on bulletpoint for thread: leadership role on Mossdeep's defenses, aggressive measures and tactics; beach/rocket's landing, no waiting, pre-emptive bombardments on all rocket ships to prevent escape, Gwyar leading vanguard.
close tab

played by

Teddie

Black Dog, the weakest beast
He/Him
November 9th
Goldenrod
Heterosexual
Assassin
Beast
5'3" and 1/2 height
5'3" and 1/2 height
awards
911 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hitoshi
Hitoshi Inoue
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2024 13:45:22 GMT
Hitoshi Inoue Avatar

THE FIRST WAVE PRELUDE

OOC NAME: Teddie[break]
FACTION: ROCKET[break]
SCENARIO: B?[break]
POKEMON PARTY (MAX 6) Kartana, Annihilape, Lapras, Ceruledge, Gallade, Honedge[break]
NOTES/COMMENTS: I would like to set the thread off Mossdeep's shore, on top of a Dynamaxed Lapras (I will be purchasing a Dynaband shortly). I would like to use the thread to showcase Hitoshi's growing competence and loyalty to Rocket. Ultimately he will be forced to retreat owing to Rocket's eventual loss, but it'll be a fun romp until then. Basically a fun fight thread featuring a yapping dog.[break]
But if that's not enough uuuuh...[break]
THEMES, PLOTS, PLOTS AND THEMES, NARRATIVE COHESION, SOMETHING SOMETHING DARK SIDE
close tab

played by

ema

fen (mille)
dee/dem/der, they/them
twenty-one
march 9th
mossdeep city
aroace
office worker (cracker)
grunt
4eva
single
5' height
5' height
awards
469 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fenelle
Fenelle Miller
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2024 13:52:48 GMT
Fenelle Miller Avatar

THE FIRST WAVE PRELUDE

OOC NAME: ema[break]
FACTION: rocket[break]
PREFERRED PARTNERS, INCLUDING OPPONENTS IF PVP?: open![break]
POKEMON PARTY (MAX 6) grimmsnarl (grimmsnarlite, steel tera), hisuian goodra (ground tera), metagross, orthworm (2,5m), rotom, dondozo[break]
NOTES/COMMENTS: most interesting might be a battle in the now-bloodied streets that a bright orphan once used to call home. dee could've been interrupted on der way to the space center or dispatched to do disruption missions of programmed missiles and all elsewhere.
else a fight could happen in the server rooms of the space center after an already successful infiltration, or anywhere between the city streets (or even the beach) and the server rooms!

personal narrative beats: oddly placed and shaped nostalgia about an origin you're kinda actively destroying right now, just the weirdest trip down memory lane; mentally adjusting to the future wartimes.
[attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"]
[newclass=".emapkmn"]height:40px;width:40px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:0 5px;[/newclass]
[div align="center"][span][img title="XXX (grimmsnarl) m | prankster | bite, swagger, spirit break, foul play, leech life, stomping tantrum" style="height:40px;" src="https://raw.githubusercontent.com/msikma/pokesprite/master/pokemon-gen8/regular/grimmsnarl.png"][attr="class","emapkmn"][/span][span][img title="XXX (hisuian goodra) m | sap sipper | absorb, bide, bubble, dragon breath, mud shot, ice spinner" style="height:40px;" src="https://raw.githubusercontent.com/msikma/pokesprite/master/pokemon-gen8/regular/goodra-hisui.png"][attr="class","emapkmn"][/span][span][img title="XXX (metagross) u | clear body | tackle, electrify, miracle eye, confusion, psychic, meteor mash" style="height:40px;" src="https://raw.githubusercontent.com/msikma/pokesprite/master/pokemon-gen8/regular/metagross.png"][attr="class","emapkmn"][/span][span][img title="XXX (orthworm) m | sand veil | iron tail, harden, shed tail, tackle, sandstorm" style="height:40px;" src="https://file.garden/ZWyHNtDjIhZcqtBS/PKMN-Gen9-Normal/Orthworm.png"][attr="class","emapkmn"][/span][span][img title="XXX (rotom) u | levitate | ominous wind, discharge, thunder shock, double team, hex" style="height:40px;" src="https://raw.githubusercontent.com/msikma/pokesprite/master/pokemon-gen8/regular/rotom.png"][attr="class","emapkmn"][/span][span][img title="XXX (dondozo) m | water veil | noble roar, tickle, heavy slam, water gun, fissure, bulldoze" style="height:40px;" src="https://file.garden/ZWyHNtDjIhZcqtBS/PKMN-Gen9-Normal/Dondozo.png"][attr="class","emapkmn"][/span][/div][newclass=".emapkmn"]height:40px;width:40px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:0 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,676 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2024 14:29:14 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

THE FIRST WAVE PRELUDE

OOC NAME: Blue Star[break]
FACTION: League[break]
SCENARIO: A[break]
POKEMON PARTY (MAX 6) Beheeyem, Uxie, Hatterene, Shadow!Alakazam, H!Zoroark, Type:Null (movesets below)[break]
NOTES/COMMENTS: Hideo's in the backlines, deployed to provide support and help protect civilians from the Rocket invasion. However, Hideo gets a firsthand witness at the horrors of war, which leads to him realizing war really isn't very pog, and that Littleroot is in a lot of danger if he doesn't act quickly and decisively.

close tab

played by

space

anna
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
ranger
captain
matias silph
dating
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,535 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2024 14:36:50 GMT
annalise henderson Avatar

THE FIRST WAVE PRELUDE

OOC NAME: space[break]
FACTION: league [break]
PREFERRED PARTNERS, INCLUDING OPPONENTS IF PVP?: and open to 1 max from matchmaker shiv[break]
POKEMON PARTY (MAX 6)

NOTES/COMMENTS: revenge and its hefty cost, hurt people hurt people, old wounds resurfacing, kyogre & cave of origin, matias showing up near the end of an anna vs rocket tussle
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing