part of
TAG WITH @melody
Melody Miro
COMMUNAL CURRY #3
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2022 1:19:51 GMT
Melody Miro Avatar

Primal

character's curry entry

thread summary: convinces Melody to come to a strange cave in Mt. Chimney in which he kills her Relicanth covered in Primal quartz via a z-move to track down groudon and finds the creature and becomes it's avatar [break] why is it important?: This thread marks a huge shift in not only Melody and Matias's relationship but the league as a whole. A lot of different plots will be stemming from this single thread and on top of that may cause internal problems in the league as the news breaks of Matias and Melody's scuffle. Maybe give rocket a chance to swoop in :looking:
close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
born into this dying world, its time is up
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
COMMUNAL CURRY #3
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2022 1:37:16 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar

HOMECOMING

daphne's curry entry

thread summary: Leonidas and Daphne decide to catch up with both their work, and in general. Good sibling banter after not seeing each other in god knows how long.

why is it important?: Leonidas discovers that daphne is actually capable of cooking the two of them talk about their own prospects and, to daphne, this is something that she struggled a lot with - especially after the death of alex. it shows that daphne is still very much traumatized from the UB war, but despite being a relatively colder sister, she doesn't want to worry her siblings. it's one of the rare times she's actually vulnerable, but still won't say anything as to not raise concerns. it shows a side of daphne that's less forced and awkward, and shows her slowly (but surely) embracing that side of her that still holds all her grief, and all her regrets. it also sets her and leonidas up to start interacting more as siblings, an it'd give daphne more of a chance (or rather, have her be more willing) to open up, and realize that she doesn't have to shoulder everything on her own. Poor woman's dead set on the idea that she has to shoulder everything. Oops.
close tab

played by

liekos

leo, leon
he/him
twenty-eight
september 30th
rustboro city, hoenn
demirom. bisex.
ceo, inventor
ace
save a little
love for me
6 ft 5 in (~196 cm) height
6 ft 5 in (~196 cm) height
i wish i were better, i wish i had strength. i wish i had anything to prove i was brave.
awards
466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leonidas
Leonidas Stone
COMMUNAL CURRY #3
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2022 1:50:35 GMT
Leonidas Stone Avatar

HOMECOMING

's curry entry

thread summary: after being gone from hoenn for just a few years short of a decade, leo goes on to visit for the sole purpose of catching up with family. they discuss a couple of matters, both heavier and lighter, during his visit.

why is it important?: basically, this thread is what i'm hoping to be one of a few that goes over some of leo's feelings, expressions, and otherwise regarding his absence from not only his home, but also his family. for homecoming specifically, there were a chain of posts that ended up delving into daphne's trauma regarding the ultra beast war and their brother's death—albeit vaguely—which, by extension, gave leo a bit of insight as to the sort of stress she's endured in the time he's been gone, even if he isn't (currently) aware of the specific reasons she's so hard pressed on herself. being an advocate for crying it out and expression, he was happy to not only see her—a person that he'd known to be more reserved and composed—crying at being at least somewhat emotional, but also to be able to have the chance to reassure her after all his time away.

it not only sets up the path for more sibling development between the two, but albeit short cut and messy, there was also a small, even if slightly vague and messy, mention about leo's (and my) intent to further develop his own technologies in character. hopefully, i'll be able to expand on that more as time goes on in the form of using it as some sort of plot hook!
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
COMMUNAL CURRY #3
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2022 2:15:30 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar

WICKED EYES & WICKED HEARTS

's curry entry

Thread Summary:
After Mars contacts Athena () under the moniker of "Tuesday", they decide to meet at the Tree of Life to exchange information. His goal is to learn what Athena knows about the mysterious "DrkTriad" that he learned about from , and for the sake of obtaining this information, he in turn reveals to her that the Tree of Life is a gate to another dimension. They discuss the Unown Report and those behind it at length, and given that they're both suspicious of Doctor Holo, they decide to come up with a plan to break into the Mossdeep Space Centre and try to find out what she may know (The Najdorf Variation).

Why is it important?:
Aside from the text messages they exchanged, this is the first time Mars and Yui properly interact, and fittingly so, they're both disguised. This thread is particularly important to Mars because it shows just how much he cares about learning more about the Unown Report, and to what lengths he'll go for the sake of finding the truth – which is a constant theme for him as a character. It also happens to be the first time the alter ego of Tuesday is introduced to another character!

Mars is the sort of person who stops at nothing to achieve his goals – especially when it comes to uncovering mysteries – and I think the fact that he contacted an information broker that isn't aligned with Rocket, and is willing to go as far as breaking into the space centre with her really displays that.

On the other hand, the interaction between him and Yui is also one that stands out, because it's rare for Mars to find himself relating to someone, but Yui and him have a lot in common, and even though he definitely doesn't trust her just yet, it's something I could see happening overtime.

Writing with Pilo is always a joy ♡ I really loved this thread and I'm super excited to see how the plot develops!
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,364 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
COMMUNAL CURRY #3
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2022 2:39:39 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar

HEATHERED HEARTS

's curry entry

thread summary:
After waiting and waiting and waiting for her Gracidea flower to bloom, sees it flourish at the same time as that of 's -- which he has secretly grown in her garden.

why is it important?:
First of all, I adore writing with Dove -- she's one of my favorite thread partners in Hoenn and it is always such a joy to see how she writes Bee! This is the first thread we've had since Where the Rosebuds Flourish where Elisabeth encounters 's Rocket-persona again, and during that encounter she got vulnerable and let herself for a moment look for physical comfort in a way she hadn't for a long, long time. She's in complete denial this happened, which makes her facing Bee again -- particularly for something as emotional as this -- difficult for her. She doesn't want to admit that there is a part of her that aches for comfort and warmth. She has no idea that between then and now she has encountered Barnaby many times, but as his civilian persona, the reporter Barnaby Finch -- whom she despises utterly. But he knows, and he's now aware that she's not the cold, aloof woman she so often deigns to be. Dove does a fabulous job of playing with this dynamic, and I really enjoyed how it manifested here.

I enjoyed the internal struggle of Elisabeth deciding whom to show gratitude to as well, and harkening back to who was the MVP of my last curry entry, Peace Lilies. It was a lovely full circle moment, and one made moreso by making a nod back to in Elisabeth's first Shaymin thread: Winter Blooms, where Elisabeth decides to name her Shaymin Titania as a nod to his Oberon. There's also the fun parallels of Barnaby showing gratitude to Mars in his stone, as well as both of them being fond of fairy tale horse rides!

But beyond this -- beyond Bee and the rest of the fabulous cast of Hoenn -- this thread showcases a part of Elisabeth that I love to delve into, which is her complicated relationship with her own self esteem and her own sense of self. She is a talented gardener, but for some reason, her Gracidea struggles to bloom. Because she struggles to be grateful. She struggles to appreciate the many things she has in her life, or to believe she deserves them, or to even be grateful for the ugly things it has taken for her to survive in this world. When the Gracidea flowers, it is a big moment for her -- it's an acknowledgment that she isn't bereft of gratitude at all, and that she is worthy of the Shaymin's notice, despite her own personal doubts.

close tab

played by

Mcfuzzled

Bro/Brah
April 1
Dewford Town
Bisexual
Personal Trainer
Trainee Ranger
Stay the course
Whatever it takes
6'4" height
6'4" height
Do I lift? Yeah, brah, I lift your spirits!
awards
279 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beau
Beau Fontaine
COMMUNAL CURRY #3
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2022 3:01:24 GMT
Beau Fontaine Avatar

JUST ANOTHER DAY AT THE BEACH

Beau Fontaine's curry entry

thread summary: Beau, enjoying some recreational time at the beach with his Vaporeon Wade, literally falls at the feet of , who - in spite of the somewhat bumpy first encounter they had at Sea Mauville - seems not only inclined to not run away from Beau or hit him, but actually talk to him instead![break][break]why is it important?: In "Lifting Spirits", the DW where Beau and Klaus first encountered one another, Beau was intrigued by Klaus and felt as though he'd missed an opportunity in letting the other man go without arranging another meeting. Being able to literally bump into him gave him a further opportunity to converse, and even though Klaus was basically using Beau as cover to hide from the authorities, Beau took it as actual interest and - maybe - flirting? And hoo boy, he even got an invitation to the lighthouse where Klaus works for a tour! Words cannot describe how much fun I had exploring Beau's reaction to this series of events, and it sets the stage for future interactions. I am tremendously looking forward to a point down the road where Klaus' affiliation comes into play, to see how the both of them will handle the news.
close tab

played by

McFuzzled

Dr. Driscoll
He/Him
October 24
Castelia City
Homosexual
Scientist
Grunt
20 height
20 height
Little crises help you relish the calm.
awards
82 posts
part of
TAG WITH @henrydriscoll
Henry Driscoll
COMMUNAL CURRY #3
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2022 3:10:58 GMT
Henry Driscoll Avatar

AN EXERCISE IN FATALITY

Henry Driscoll's curry entry

thread summary: Henry is conducting field tests for one of his more destructive experiments. comes to watch for curiosity's sake, more than anything.[break][break]why is it important?: Much of Henry's interaction with other characters so far has been influenced by his public-facing attitude: the bookish researcher who knows an awful lot about a terribly niche subject and who's maybe a little too nerdy for his own good. For the first time in writing, this lets him cut loose in a number of ways, and was really delightful to write - he gets to lecture on a topic he's passionate about without worrying he'll offend someone, and we get to see the kinds of science he's actually up to when he's not having to sanitize it for public discussion or consumption. This, in a number of ways, really solidified for me who he is as a character and what his motivations and passions are. I'm much more excited to continue the trend with other members of Rocket as he attempts to make a name for himself via his research regardless of his standing in the organization itself.
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
COMMUNAL CURRY #3
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2022 4:32:11 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar

HEATHERED HEARTS

's curry entry

Thread Summary:
After weeks of scouting Petalburg Woods for an ideal spot to plant his Gracidea seed, Barnaby eventually decides on 's own garden - without telling her, of course. He'd visit often to check on the budding flower and, in this thread, is caught by Elisa on one such occasion. As it happens, it turns out that both of their Gracideas are ready to bloom!

Why is it important?:
The premise of this thread allowed me to flesh out some of Barnaby's feelings in regards to the relationships he's made in Hoenn. He admits to himself that the friendships he's left behind in Kalos have become strained due to distance, thus forcing him to to evaluate the ones he's made in Hoenn this past year.

This also let me put into writing his disdain for his family. I have a few plot ideas in the works involving his relatives, so it was nice to be able to express Barnaby's feelings about them here.

Of course, the main point of the thread was the blossoming of gratitude - and choosing someone to receive that gratitude. Of the numerous friendships he's made in Hoenn, the importance of outmatches them all. Barnaby is still conflicted about his feelings for Mars, but knows without a doubt that he is grateful for his friendship regardless.

Scarlet and I chose to do our Gracidea thread together for several reasons, my main motivator being the reinforcement of Barnaby's budding friendship with . They're still trying to figure one another out, as they're both keeping aspects of themselves close to the chest, but trust is slowly beginning to grow.

An extra bonus for me is that Barnaby is starting to accept the fantastical occurrences that seem to happen regularly in Hoenn. Up until now he'd only been told of prophecies and Legendary Pokémon by , never having experienced anything similar himself aside from the events of Tiered Tearoom. At first he is extremely skeptical of what's occurring, but soon embraces it with whimsical delight!

Writing with Scarlet is always such a pleasure! I love the dynamic we've created between and - one that has evolved as we've played them, and is sure to continue to change as time goes on. I'm excited to see where they go next! Love ya, Scarlet! ♡

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
everyone's a sucker for a taste of glory
awards
2,321 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
COMMUNAL CURRY #3
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2022 7:30:06 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]

DADDY x DADDY

's curry entry

[break]
thread summary: and , two unlikely forces meet up for an even unlikelier task: babysitting. neither seem particularly vested in the task but somehow find themselves interacting and getting to no one another. gabe also teaches ollie a thing or two about babies.
[break][break]

why is it important?: [break][break]

family is a big part of ollie's life, despite how many years he's been abroad. he went away to school in hoenn and then later, traveled to kalos, but all the while, he has never forgotten the ties that bind. it's always a fun thread with ollie, but threads where he is forced to interact with someone that can't keep up with his upbeat nature are always incredibly fun! i really like the dynamic between ollie and gabe — the spark of ollie's happy-go-lucky personality and the nonchalance of a tired father is great.

[break][break] gabe is an important man - so i think it's fun to introduce ollie into his life, who may not know of his importance (yet). i have big plans for ollie, and this is a set-up for future threads as he integrates further into the league and meets more important characters!

[break][break] and of course, it always an absolute pleasure to thread with ! he is an incredibly talented writer, and always makes writing with him a joy, whether by his witty one-liners or clever metaphors. one line in particular that is my favorite:

"now listen here, you want to hold the baby like a football and then—"
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,047 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
COMMUNAL CURRY #3
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2022 16:13:57 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

leave the light on

's curry entry ft

thread summary: remember 17 May '21

On this IC day, for someone, he almost died. This was the exact same day, exactly one year ago where he found himself in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The one day of the year when the PTSD hits in full force and he cannae stop the mental images from fighting their way to the surface; however this time someone answers the call and secrets are revealed.

why is it important?: for someone who always has the constant fear of his mortality hanging over him, this serves as a grounding anchor for Alexei because he has always had this fear of dying and death (as he himself knows he ain't long for the world, literally living on extended time as it is [see this is what being afflicted with hemophilia gets you, the fear of injury and blood + paranoia]).

He very nearly came close to losing everything exactly one year ago. But he survived.

Alas, not exactly 100% whole anymore because of the trauma the attack had left imprinted on him in more ways than one. It's the first anniversary of his closest brush with death so far, he can't face the inner demons alone.

Enter Memo, the unicorn knight in lopsided armor.

They both have baggage. But the stability brought by Memo's presence grounds him down and helps him from slipping under to the dark, dark PTSD-fueled demon that is there ready to swallow him.

It's also a big-af turning point for Alex because this is where he starts to realize that holy fucking shit, I may be in more than deep like wtih you but there is a rather significant barrier preventing him from voicing out what he exactly wants to say.

(Hence why he is stuck in a perpetual blushing state whenever Memo is around.)

OOCly? Mega props to Ceej because AAAAAAAAAAHHHHH we are gonna get our bois their happy ending BY HOOK OR BY CROOK! We... just gotta LOT of baggage to unpack between them. And when I say a lot, I literally mean a fucking lot!!!

(Call these two the glacial burn of Hoenn.)
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
COMMUNAL CURRY #3
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2022 16:30:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar

DISNEY KID DRAMA

artemis' curry entry

thread summary: artemis and are paired to get rid of a rocket traitor after having not spoken in months and their last interaction not ending well. things don't go well, as neither of them are prepared to deal with the weight of killing someone. mint is unable to do it, and the kill is done by his pokemon cacio.
why is it important?: while this thread has ultimately been retconned, it serves as proof to artemis that mint has changed much more than he originally believed, and that his childhood friend is, for all intents and purposes, truly dead. it also serves to create a divide in who is loyal to rocket and who isn't; mint is prepared to do this for rocket, while artemis didn't want to even go on a mission.
close tab

played by

Senpai

She/Her
April 01
Slateport City
Who knows
None
Civilian
10 height
10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
42 posts
part of
TAG WITH @priscilla
Priscilla Chevalier
COMMUNAL CURRY #3
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2022 19:14:01 GMT
Priscilla Chevalier Avatar

I NEED A HERO

's curry entry

thread summary: Two Canadians walk into an alley.... Having finally found the courage to step into the world outside the safe den of her bug-pals. Priscilla is immediately accosted by hustlers trying to trick her out of the money that she does not have. She is then bravely saved by her Knight in shining Rocket Armor
why is it important?: For the far-reaching site plot, it might not be grand. But this is her first thread ever. And it establishes some very important current predicaments that she is in. As well as creating a connection between her and the kind-hearted Isaac, a connection which will surely be important for her later on.
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,627 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
COMMUNAL CURRY #3
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2022 1:22:48 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

LINGER

freya's curry entry

thread summary: hours after returning from a months-long journey in an alternate plane, and losing someone she cared about dearly for a second time, freya is not well. after the startling realization that she can't return to the dangerous man who'd stripped her of her free will (by her own request, but that's a complicated other story), she goes to the only person she's been able to rely on. and afterwards, when the culmination of their wordless tension and the adrenaline has left her, they're left to flounder in the dawn.

why is it important?:
by all accounts, freya and are strangers. their acquaintanceship started when freya was still under the influence of tapu fini's nature's madness. but after a botched attempt at raiding the team rocket tree in sootopolis, she sought to strengthen her body - to become the sword she truly promised to fernando. while her posh combat trainers refused to push the limits from human to animal, she went to seedier parts of town and found him.

he hated her. spilled silver hair, spoon in her mouth, and all the petty rage in the world. he sent her home with bruises and a broken nose and pain all over. and she returned, for whatever reason. because he wouldn't give her what she wanted. wouldn't end her, but built her. gave her strength.

people do horrible, terrible things to each other when they're hurting. and freya knew, when she dragged him to that grimy bathroom, that she was hurting him. and yet she couldn't help herself. she cared for him. cares for him. for selfish reasons, maybe. this is a pivotal moment in their arc.

she told him about her time in that other world. he listened. and he doesn't understand why she needs to find rayquaza. she'll say she doesn't either, but she hates this feeling of powerlessness. of losing emma. of losing alexander. of losing her parents. of nearly losing her life. and now, with this something, whatever it is, that she's wanted with someone else for so long, now in the palm of her hands?

she won't lose that, too.

also snubis is cool i guess
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
COMMUNAL CURRY #3
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2022 1:40:39 GMT
Callan Young Avatar

SWEAR TO MY BONES

's curry entry

thread summary: Callan sits down with to have a drink and talk about life.

why is it important?: While it is based a mission, this thread is a pivot point for Callan in finding his purpose as a Pokemon Trainer. From being an alcoholic father indebt to Pokemon Ranger and musician, Callan's moxie was sparked by two acts of kindness, one of them being from Lars.

This thread establishes a core belief in Callan: That simple acts of kindness from a stranger or two can make worlds of difference for another. And it is something that he will hope to provide to all of his future gym challengers as well.

close tab

played by

Azul

Tam
He/Him
February 14th
Icirrus City, Unova
Does it matter?
Slateport Ranger Capt.
Ranger Captain
empty
indifferent
166 height
166 height
Don't know, don't care.
awards
518 posts
Tam Fawley DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @tam
Tam Fawley
COMMUNAL CURRY #3
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2022 2:53:05 GMT
Tam Fawley Avatar

NO MATTER THE SIZE OF YOUR OPPONENT...

's curry entry

Thread Summary:
An epic tale that takes place... during a fair's fishing game. Excitement! Drama! Angst?! Twelve year old 's dreams of owning a life-size Mareep plush crushed. Why? Who would do such a thing?! Well, Tam would, for his dear Yamper, obviously.

Why is it important?:
Where do I even start? Honestly, this thread was hilarious to write. Plotting with Myria is always a great time, but getting to do something silly like having Tam beat Eris at a fair game was really fun. The thread is meant to be lighthearted and even silly, but I think it displays a lot about both characters.

Tam is generally extremely apathetic about things, so I was really glad to get a chance to write how he acts when he really wants something (even if it's just a plushie). On that same note, it really does show that he generally doesn't care much for the feelings of others and doesn't even consider how his actions may affect them, since he feels no guilt or remorse about beating Eris at the game. In Eris' case, I think it shows well the fact that she's still a kid despite all the things she goes through, and how competitive she can be.

I'm really excited to see these two interact again and what shenanigans happen next time ♡