Ditz

Xan
Him/His
Nov 24th
Neos City
Pansexual
Ranger
Ex-Gym Leader
Lately I get the feeling nothing works cause we're cursed.
awards
394 posts
part of
TAG WITH @xander
Xander Belmont
CYBERCHASE CONUNDRUM (EVENT)
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2022 7:59:49 GMT
Xander Belmont Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600][googlefont=Hind:400,700]

[attr=class,xanderanger]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
000 words

[attr=class,lyric1]
Now you know me and

[attr=class,lyric2]
I'm not afraid

[attr=class,bulk]

[attr="class","xanderangerpokemon"]

So many people arrived before him. Xander counts close to fifty gathered on the sandy shores. Among them are the familiar faces of , , and . Saying hello would be polite, but the redhead opted for the rudeness of keeping to himself. [break][break]

He hung near the back of the crowd, sketching the whirlpools and those closest to them. The chatter around him is easy to ignore. A sister that never shut up gave him plenty of practice. But somehow, a singular voice finds its way through the ocean of noise. [break][break]

"You could burn so bright, Xander. If only you weren't too afraid to let yourself live."
[break]

Golden orbs lifted from the page, "Kiara?" no, it didn't sound like her. But those were her words.[break][break]

Xander closed his sketchbook and shoved it into his backpack. The bag slipped from his shoulders as he stood. He pushed slowly through the crowd of people to the edge of the beach. [break][break]

"You could burn so bright, Xander. If only you weren't too afraid to let yourself live."
[break]

The words repeated, and he was sure now they were coming from the ocean. Xander's lips curved into his trademark frown, his vision narrowing on the sea. Was anyone else hearing voices? Listening in on nearby conversations say they were.[break][break]

Thank Arceus, he wasn't going crazy. Well, maybe he should hold off on making that call just yet. He was about to follow a bunch of people into the ocean.[break][break]

Xander ran back to his backpack to grab the wetsuit he brought in case something like this happened. Lesson number one of exploration: Always be prepared. The redhead stripped down to his birthday suit (never mind the crowd) and threw on a pair of diving shorts and a long-sleeved rash guard before putting on the wetsuit. [break][break]

Back at the shore, he released Wishiwashi from its Poke Ball and hopped into the water. The small fish called upon its SCHOOL to carry Xander over to the NORTHERN WHIRLPOOL. Trainer in tow, the army of fish DOVE into the vortex. [break][break]

📝 TL;DR

- Spotted people he knew, but didn't say hi to them.[break]
- Heard the voice from the ocean and went to investigate.[break]
- Stripped and changed into his wetsuit.[break]
- Released Wishiwashi in its Schooling Form and had it Dive into the Northern Whirlpool

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]
for

[attr=class,xanderangercredit]
punki

[newclass=".xanderanger .accentbg"]background: #99102D;[/newclass]

[newclass=".xanderanger .accentborder"]border-color: #99102D;[/newclass]

[newclass=".xanderanger .tagline a, .xanderanger .bulk b, .xanderanger .bulk i, .xanderangercredit a"]color: #EE738D;[/newclass]

[newclass=".xanderanger .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/gRyKTKc/Xander6.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".xanderanger"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2b2b2b; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".xanderanger .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".xanderanger .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".xanderanger .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".xanderanger .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".xanderanger .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #fff; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".xanderanger .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #fff; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".xanderanger .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".xanderanger .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".xanderanger .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".xanderanger .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".xanderanger .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #3e3e3e; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #fff; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".xanderanger .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".xanderanger .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".xanderanger .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Hind'; font-size: 12px; line-height:19px; color:#dbdbdb; text-align: justify;letter-spacing:.25px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".xanderanger .icon]float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".xanderanger .icon img]height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".xanderanger .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #D74766; min-height: 16px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; text-align: justify; color: rgba(0,0,0,0.6);[/newclass]

[newclass=".xanderangercredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".xanderangercredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]

[newclass=".xanderangerpokemon"]margin:5px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%;[/newclass]

[newclass=".xanderangerpokemon div"]border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer;[/newclass]

[newclass=".xanderangerpokemon div img"]display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%);[/newclass]

[newclass=".xanderangerpokemon div:hover img"]filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2022 12:00:39 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/277808764445261825/994189479785005155/Littleroot_My_Home.mp3[/player]

"Beautiful weather as always, Hoenn." Derek generally speaks to himself while stepping towards the water. Like the others, he begins to hear something when everyone draws quiet, which causes the gym leader to briefly stop in his tracks. He recognizes these words because, well, they're his words.

"I've made my mistakes...

...But my mistakes haven't made me."

A reassured grip finds itself around one of the pokeballs brought with him today. The large creature that vacates said device is none other than Azirim, a trusted Gyarados that survived the tragedy in Sootopolis. Spawned a ways out on the water, it quickly approaches the shore as Derek waves it closer.

"It's been awhile since I let you cut loose out on the water, hasn't it?" Expecting a little bit of attitude, it showed in the way the pokemon splashed a small wave over Derek as it came to a halt just shy of where he stood. "Yeah, yeah, yeah...I was taking this off anyway, ya jerk." Stripping away and discarding the shirt from his outfit, Derek waded out towards the Gyarados in order to climb atop it's head.

Those that had preoccupied themselves with the riddle eventually found an answer. It was pretty crazy that , a little girl, seemed to be one of the first ones to dare the whirlpool. But it wasn't like he hadn't seen her survive such disaster before. It was actually starting to seem pretty common, so there wasn't any need to worry.

Eventually it came to mind that not everyone liked the water, and thus water type pokemon by extension. Smart enough to be wary of trying to swim the treacherous water themselves, Derek looks back towards them and offers a lift. "Does anyone need help reaching the Northern whirlpool? My Gyarados here has plenty of room...so long as you can hold on."

- Derek summons Azirim (Gyarados)!
- Not discarding his pokeballs (Metagross)! :treefinger:
- Derek offers a ride to those who may be in need of one!
CYBERCHASE CONUNDRUM
close tab

played by

socks

litton wickham
he/him
september 25
lumiose city, kalos
???
webnovelist / council assistant
civilian
if desire is the heart’s intransigent verb.
awards
353 posts
nagi miwa DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nagi
nagi miwa
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2022 16:15:20 GMT
nagi miwa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","naggy"]
[attr="class","top"]

"leave the trash. i’ll take it out later.” [break][break]

unremarkable words in an unmistakable timbre; rising from the ocean, looping like a litany — the mocking inverse of a siren song. [break][break]

nagi’s stomach twists, sharp and short.[break][break]

but it’s an old hurt, even if he didn’t expect to find it at sea. the ache fades to a dull echo, and his pacing feet take him closer to the shore, as if reeled in. nagi cups his hands over his eyes, shielding them from the glare of the sun as he squints out at the figures swimming towards the whirlpool in the north. his hands drop to his pocket, brushing over his pokeballs with a wince. [break][break]

maybe with a confident running jump into the water he could — yeah, nope. you’ll die.[break][break]

self-preservation has him shuffling down the length of the sand towards and his carrier service for stranded castaways. [break][break]

“i’ll — uh, hitch a ride. thanks,” he trails off, eyeing the gyarados and the great blue beyond it with his lips pressed thin. if his noodle arms give up on him halfway through the whirlpool, he supposes it just means he's leaving more room for the rest.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] @ CYBERCHASE CONUNDRUM [break]
- ty derek!!! m(_ _)m[break]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".naggy"]--accent:#717E95; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".naggy blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto;
font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".naggy blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".naggy blockquote b, .naggy blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .naggy blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .naggy blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".naggy .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".naggy .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".naggy .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".naggy .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .naggy .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .naggy .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2022 18:48:36 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac's struggling faded into background noise as Kiryu focused on the puzzles of there here and now. As others made connections between "nosedive to pass" and "nosepass", a rumbling laugh escaped her. Such an unexpected solution! Humans really found joy in the strangest of things.[break][break]

Now they were all heading north. Of course. North, just as the Nosepass always lead. She gave Isaac a little shake, trying to spur him back into reality, but he still needed a moment to finish processing. Oh well. Luckily, she had more than enough transport ability for everyone else.[break][break]

The Aggron's plates glowed as she began to Magnet Rise into the air, skimming off of metal particles found in sand and seasalt alike. It was enough to let her hover over the whirlpools with ease, joining the others in swimming or flying towards the northern whirlpool. Just where would all of this lead?[break][break]

By now, Isaac had tuckered himself out. He looled around, trying to figure out where he was, only to notice he was currently in Kiryu's arms. He went to thank her, but before he could the sound of rushing water cut him out. He went to look where it was coming from, only to realize it was too loud, too close to be the other three whirlpools in his peripheral vision. That could only mean one thing.[break][break]

Isaac glanced down. Yep. He was definitely above this waterfall.[break][break]

Kiryu smiled softly, making one last check that her trainer was okay. She then pressed two fingers onto a pair of the Pokeball release buttons on his belt. The first released Watson, who popped into the air and landed right into Isaac's arms. The second? Why, that was her own Pokeball![break][break]

The Aggron dumped Isaac into the water like a sack of potatoes, making one last rumbling laugh as she returned to the safety of her ball.[break][break]

(Tl;dr - Kiryu the Aggron pieces together what's going on, carries her trainer across the seas with Magnet Rise to get him to the northern whirlpool. She then tags out for Watson the Totodile, leaving Isaac and Watson to tackle the whirlpool in her stead.)

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST! / M-M-M-M-MEGATHREAD!

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#d9b800;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2022 19:33:17 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
 “Mia Amata. I'd fly to the edge of the world and back, to make sure you did.”

It is his voice that she hears rising up from the whirlpools, just beyond shallow waters. Skyler might've heeded the siren's call had its original speaker not been further down the beach, alive and well.

A chill trails down her spine regardless, and the captain turns from the ocean for the moment.

She catches the tail end of 's and 's conversation on a wayward summer breeze, enough of it to meet the pilot with quirked lips and a raised eyebrow that promises nothing but trouble. His skin is warm against her own as he turns to her, bending to whisper a question against the shell of her ear.

"'Course I do, Angel." She replies with utmost casualness, as if stating the obvious despite the fact that she'd never, in her whole life, owned one of those things. "You're missin' out on the whole nose hair trimming bit, by the way." 

Her facade lasts all of five seconds before her lips twitch into a smirk and laughter, uninhibited and free, echoes down the golden shoreline. She hooks a finger around 's belt loop, pulling him closer to brush her lips over his. Lingering for just a moment before pulling back, eyes alight in unholy, mischievous delight. 

"Who d'you think will get to the treasure first this time?" This venture is hardly a treasure hunt, but the endless sands and the gently lapping waves take her to another time, another place. And despite herself, she feels the languid tides of playful competition brushing closer to the surface, daring. "Me, or you?" 

Beyond the pull of ocean eyes, an unlikely sight catches Skyler's attention. She blinks: once, twice. Then, just before she follows Angelo into the churning waves on her Lapras, she makes sure to raise her voice over the general din of the gathered crowd. 

"Nice butt, Painter Boy!" 

Her grin is a toothy thing that speaks to her absolute lack of shame or general sense of decency. Something might find himself somewhat familiar with, in one way or another. 

"Going in?" The captain grins up at Angelo and, by extent, too (?). A dare lingers in a silver surface as she's poised over the rushing waters of the North whirlpool. Breath held in the single excruciating moment before the fall.

TLDR;
- teases & dares
- lapras is out and ready to swim
- is a pain in the butt to (lol)
- goes to meet angelo near the NORTH whirlpool
- ready to dive in

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
✨ I'm addicted to shining and glowing
awards
2,668 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2022 2:30:57 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","colorbar"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

" !" he called out with a grin, phone in a tick and glittery green bordered plastic pouch. He was streaming, because why wouldn't he want to film his few moments away form possible disaster. "Looks like a bunch of people are heading out towards the Northern one?" he asked loudly, busy giving the beach a wide shot with his phone. "Loads of people are already here, and I managed to get some people submerging too." he said with a laugh. [break][break]

He seemed a little too lighthearted for someone about to take a tumble in terrifying waters. "I got a water pokemon ready to go, wanna join 'em?" he asked flashing his phone at her. As he focused the camera on himself, asking his audience as well as his newest friend, she could see the chat of his livestream going a little crazy. Yet another situation he probably should be avoiding, but wasn't. He turned the camera back to the ocean. "Calici will do just fine." he added as he released a Vaporeon onto the sand.

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

[newclass=".minty"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; border:20px solid #141414; background:#141414; border-radius:50px 50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty"]--accent:#94effa; --accent2:#f0ffc5;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bg"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/bvgZ1Rv/image.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .top"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/h7pSrwb/image.png); height:375px; border-radius:30px 30px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .colorbar"]background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:30px; margin-top:-90px; position:absolute; width:500px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main"]font:11px/15px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:20px 70px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main b"]color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc"]margin-top:10px; padding:10px 30px; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); font:10px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc b"]font:13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; font-style:italic; font-weight:600!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bottom"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/QPjr1Rg/image.png); height:128px; border-radius:0px 0px 30px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar"]position:absolute; margin-left:125px; margin-top:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img"]filter:grayscale(1); margin-left:-3px; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .icon"]background-image:url(https://thumbs3.imgbox.com/b3/40/K52Use2J_b.jpg); background-size:cover; height:110px; width:110px; border-radius:100px; margin:10px 10px 10px 10px; position:absolute; filter:grayscale(10%) sepia(10%);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins:500,600,700]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,876 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2022 2:57:28 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
x
-
cyberchase
I feel confident in my choice...

Gavin falters, surprised. It is not her voice, but those are her words. The very first thing she'd said to him, her chosen.

...of staying by your side.

Lugia is with him even now, though distance is kept due to the unexpected turnout to this strange set of whirlpools in the middle of the Hoennian sea. He floats above the surface, one arm curled around the anchor of his Dhelmise, while she lurks far below. He thinks she must be able to sense his anxious energy, for her conscience brushes against his own before her telepathic voice offers comfort.

You have my blessing, if not my presence.
Go. I will follow when I can.

He appreciates that she does not add an 'if'.

Trying not to feel abandoned by his patron, Gavin seeks out a familiar face in the gathering crowd. There are few Rockets among their number, and the undisguised underboss feels exposed as a result... but there is a basis for his approach toward , as they'd met up at the start of all these strange riddles. They'd agreed to come back here on 'the correct date', though both had assumed it to be a different one. News travelled swift in a region that could now communicate with no other, and here they were.

"Del Mar." His eyes are warmer than his cool, neutral tone. "Have you given any thought to that riddle? My thoughts pull me toward the north, personally."

And so it's there that his Dhelmise takes him.

Quieter, so that only Mars might hear, he adds, "I don't like these voices."

But curiosity was his strongest vice, and so he DIVES into the NORTHERN WHIRLPOOL.

Gavin arrives, anxious about leaving Lugia behind but curiosity is a hell of a drug.
Meets up with thanks to their prelude, then elects to dive into the NORTHERN WHIRLPOOL.
SHADOW DHELMISE is out, and Gavin is riding it.

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,146 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2022 3:40:43 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaybirdy"]
[attr="class","luck"]
[attr="class","postbody"] he stands on the beach besides and , both of which accompanied him on the boat to the barrier not all that long ago. it's not the first time that he wonders if that first trip was worth it — if not for rumor, he would've been led to this location on a different day. instead of fifty people accompany him on that beach, there would have only been one.

[break][break] two, maybe if he could convince mint to come along with him.

[break][break] the summer sun flares down from the sky, unrelenting in it's heat, but all jayden can hear is the slight timber of a voice that feels all too familiar. 'mischa,' his father voice rings, a constant reminder. 'failure is not an option.'

[break][break] it's not the first time he's heard a voice, ringing in his own head. he looks around — his shuppet is nowhere in sight. instead, it's just mint speaking to .

[break][break] "i agree. it could have something to do with the riddle."

[break][break] "let's go," he agrees with a firm nod, releasing his hisuan samurott into the sand before him. markos lets out a roar, the sun gleaming of his brilliant scales. as he climbs atop his pokemon's back, he nods at anyone who hasn't a water-type of their own or anyone who looks like they need a little bit of help. something pink flickers in his gaze. "we should get going before we get left behind."

[break][break] once everyone is aboard, he clicks beneath his tongue and directs his pokemon to dive into the northern whirlpool.

[attr="class","jayooc"] + tldr [break]
releases his samurott and invites anyone to join him before diving into the northern whirlpool

[attr="class","accent"]
[attr="class","fas fa-crow"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@ @cyberchase

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","swarmbottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[newclass=".jaybirdy"]--accent:#8463D4;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .luck .postbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .luck .postbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .luck .postbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .lyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .luck .lyrics span {transition:1s all;} .luck:hover .lyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .postbody img"] float: left; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; margin: 5px 21px 11px 1px; height:90px; width:90px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; } .luck .postbody img:hover { filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .accent"]font-size:70px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".swarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".swarmbottom .pkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:2px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody .jayooc"] width:250px; margin:15px auto 0px; font:10px 'Roboto Mono'; color:#fff; border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:5px; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Open+Sans:400,600|Poppins:500,600,700|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,018 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2022 4:05:15 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","greyson11"]
[nospaces]
[attr="class","greyson"]
standing at the beach's edge, greyson steps past the riddle, eyes lingering on the horizon. whirlpools gathered, churning the water in a way that was surprisingly soft to his eyes. it's there, beyond the reef and in the cerulean deeps, a voice whispers.
[break][break]
should we tell him? he's still so young.

[break][break]
it was like ice water being poured down his back. violet hues snap open, confusion evident. confusion and anger. without conscious thought, greyson flexes his fingers repeatedly at his side. all around him familiar faces begin to move, acting on the words of others.
[break][break]
"autumn." he calls, and from his waist, the delphox answers. appearing in a burst of ivory light, the witch stands beside him, her normal mocking expression subdued. there was something else there, something that would be difficult to spot unless you truly knew her. grief. anger. solemn.
[break][break]
her PSYCHIC envelops them both as they lift off, cutting the distance between the beach and the whirlpools in a rather relaxed pace. once he stood above them, greyson looks down and through, attempting to discern something from his height. likely, he would be unsuccessful.
[break][break]
with no other measure of success to go off of, greyson and delphox descend into the depths.

[attr="class","notes"]@cc
[break][break]
hears the voice of his mother and father discussing something[break]
anger rises at the audacity of whatever it was mimicking the voice of his loved ones[break]
summons DELPHOX who uses PSYCHIC to lift them both above, peering down INTO THE WHIRLPOOL[break]
descends into the NORTHERN WHIRLPOOL with the rest
[attr="class","wizzcredit"]

[newclass=".greyson"] --accent:#7c98b2; [/newclass]

[newclass=".greyson"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".greyson blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .greyson blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .greyson blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".greyson .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".greyson .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=".greyson11 img"] border-radius: 3px; width: 400px; border: 1px solid #232323; background: #2b2b2b; padding: 9px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2022 6:43:34 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

it doesn't take long for matias to join on the map's pinpointed location despite having guessed the wrong day. he can always count on her to set him straight.[break][break]

"ah, i'm a little late despite having guessed the correct answer. the winds were definitely not in my favor."[break][break]

starting the day off with a lie, matias joins the others in examining the whirlpools. then, he hears a voice. it's an unfamiliar one but it's one that resonates with him. almost calls to him.[break][break]

CONQUER ALL AND RULE; IT IS YOUR BIRTHRIGHT.
[break]

"..."[break][break]

turning away, he walks over to , brushing past her shoulder before pointing north. this happens before 's exclamation.[break][break]

"haven't figured it out yet, justanotherusername4211? come on."[break][break]

accompanied by his other half , he approaches the NORTHERN WHIRLPOOL. he leans in to kiss her on her cheek before gesturing at the whirlpool.[break][break]

"see you on the other side."[break][break]

and in he goes!

[attr="class","ooc"]CYBERME[break]
- hears something...[break]
- brushes by and gang with [break]
- jumps into the NORTHERN WHIRLPOOL with his poliwrath

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-poliwrath"]

[newclass=".sixeyes"]--accent:#5d464e; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,560 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2022 8:51:32 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan arrived on a requisitioned boat, navigating the whirlpools by the influx of trainers. He planted his oar down into the boat and released his Greninja.

"It has to be this way." It was a set of words that haunted his memories, but he could have sworn upon joining the rest of the trainers that this was a much more physical sound. He set his boat by a recent isle, sent out Gamabunta, his Greninja, suited up, and held onto hiis Greninja's tongue as he propelled the both of them to join by the trainers in the Northern Whirlpool, ensuring that he could breathe oxygen from his mask.

He follows the rest into the Northern Whirlpool.
@everyone

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Roboto Slab]

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
a heart like a lion, burning like fire
awards
1,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2022 13:10:26 GMT
maverick noah ryder Avatar
[attr="class","ryder1"]

Maverick listened to what the other had to say, silently absorbing as much information as his brain would allow. Of course being a reserved man, he didn’t bother voicing his own opinions or even introducing himself to those he did not recognize. However if anyone did come to speak with him, Maverick wasn’t above common courtesy to attempt casual conversation with.

But before anyone could come up to the rather intimidating looking burnt scarred man, it has seemed the most of the group has came to a decision. Grunting to himself, the man plucked out another sphere and realized his won creature. The brilliant reds called gyarados roared with life upon being free, gaze fell upon the human whom claimed his as his own. A rumble rattled in his chest, feeling unease.

“We are heading north,” the man informed the water creature, turning to address his beloved hell hound, “And you can’t swim. Gunna have to recall you.” Azula let out a series of unhappy growled, glaring at the man darkly. His shoulder rose and fell in a shrug. “Its either I recall you for now, take a swim, or stay here. Your choice.” The canine let out another series of unpleasant growls, eyeing the water as though it was her enemy before letting out a whine. Maverick let out a stiff chuckle, recalling the hell hound in her call. “That’s what I thought.”

With Azula safely in her ball, Maverick turned back to his water and flying type. “Alright, let’s go. We need to be careful though.” The serpent emitted a growl, turning to let the man mount the back of his neck. “That way,” the man mumbled to the creature once on and comfortable, hand rose to point to the rest heading to the northern whirlpool, “Fellow the rest.” Seregon moved forward, massive red body easing into the water before being fully in and swimming to the north one.

for @event at pacifidlog town, water routes. maverick is riding his gyarados and heading north.

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz
[newclass=".ryder"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".ryder1 b"]font-weight:bold;color:#D19276; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ryder1 i"]font-style:italic;color:#D19276; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;margin-bottom:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2022 16:51:52 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

It’s haunting. Like a siren’s song, the ocean calls, as if attempting to lure him into its depths. Other people talk about hearing their own ghosts, give their complex reasoning concerning the riddle, and some like scream while children like ask for help. Mars is deaf to it all. The riddle doesn’t matter. Nothing else matters. His gaze is fixed on the waters, and as if every other sound were muted, he hears the call over and over again. He hears her.
[break][break]
”THINK BIGGER THAN THE BINDS OF BLOOD…
[break][break]
...DEFY YOUR FATE AND BECOME SOMETHING MORE.”

[break]
It’s his wife’s voice, but Azelf’s words; part of the prophecy that the Guardian had given him when visiting him almost a year ago. The words that had changed so much for him, spoken in a lost voice – a voice he once adored but that now only brings thoughts of death, guilt, and regret. Just as it happens during the nightmares that so often haunt his sleep. Just as it had happened back during that fateful day at Slateport Park.
[break][break]
He has to thank for getting his attention, eyes of gold turning away from the waters to meet those of a similar shade. Even in a place like this, when they’re pretending to be mere acquaintances who met by chance and are working together due to circumstances beyond their control, hearing the voice of someone he trusts is welcomed. ”del Mar”, Gavin calls him. The name he had taken after she had died. The one that in many ways is in memory of her. ’We belong to the sea.’ How ironic.
[break][break]
”North? Hm…” Mars finally looks at the riddle, but through the time he spends reading it, he holds onto the light linen of his shirt – almost as if he were clutching his chest. In truth, he’s holding what’s beneath the fabric: the rings that hang off a light chain. He can still hear her voice, so they help to ground him; to remind him that she’s gone, that this is no more than an illusion. A nosedive into it is needed to pass safely... Yeah, sounds like that’s probably the right call.”
[break][break]
Mars, who usually overthinks things like these for the sake of finding every possible answer, who deeply enjoys riddles and puzzles, doesn’t give it much thought. He trusts Gavin’s judgement and it seems logical, so he calls out his Blastoise so she can carry him to the NORTHERN WHIRLPOOL.
[break][break]
”Neither do I…” He adds quietly, in response to Gavin’s concern regarding the voices. ”It sounds like a trap.”
[break][break]
If it is a trap, then he falls for it. Calliope may not be able to hear it, but Mars guides her to the whirlpool, following the sound of that voice that brings pain with every word. Once there, still holding onto Calliope, he DIVES as he has done so many times before, this time into dangers unknown.

[break][break]
[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]- Mars hears part of the prophecy Azelf gave him, but in his dead wife's voice (just like in his nightmares and when he almost died)
[break]- Goes to the NORTHERN WHIRLPOOL with Gavin
[break]- Dives in

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twt2] --accent: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: arial; color: #aaa; font-size: 10.5px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
A Beacon of Safety during times of War
awards
740 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2022 17:39:07 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar

It seemed most had gotten some clue about the riddle. Well, all but her. She was lost, having naught the mind to think of answers nor the social connections to have friends here who did, or at least none that was near her right now.

And so Johanna chose to rely on simply watching those around her. One by one they spoke among each other, announcing where they were heading and went off on their own, and others had the patience to offer help to those who could not go to the Northernmost Whirlpool on their own.

For a short moment, she considered taking one of those offering help up on their offer. But realized that doing so would be rather egotistical of her. And instead headed to the water. Feet gently soaking in the salty ocean water as she summoned her Blastoise. “Alright Anat, we are going to the Northernmost Whirlpool, got it?” Johanna said.

Alas, the Blastoise looked at her a bit confused. Unlike a certain Pokémon, she was not born with a compass in her nose.

Johanna noticed the confusion and thought for a moment, then found the nearest trainer heading in that direction. She pointed towards being carried by…. Wait was that an Aggron crossing the water? Was she hallucinating? She shook her head. “Follow that Aggron.” Words she had never thought would escape her when talking about crossing the water.

The Blastoise nodded and then jumped in the water, letting Johanna jump onto her shell before starting their voyage towards the Northernmost Whirlpool. Perhaps being lucky enough to join up with The Blonde guy and his flying Aggron before they would dive into the Whirlpool itself.

"Hey, mind if I..." Johanna asked as Blastoise and her reached the whirlpool where and his Aggron were. However, it seemed her words did not reach him in time as he was unceremoniously dumped into the Whirlpool's current after a switcheroo between two of his Pokémon. She had hoped to join up but seemed like she wouldn't get the option. Instead, she took a deep breath and gave Blastoise a gentle clap signaling that she was ready to dive, and so it did.

TLDR:
- Johanna summons Blastoise
- Follows Isaac to the NORTHERNMOST Whirlpool
- Perhaps joins up with him before diving in?

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2022 17:55:16 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Unsurprisingly, the island that appeared once in a blue moon was already quite crowded despite the grave danger it put its members in. Josh was not here to admire the wonders, though; he was here because he felt it was his civic duty to do what he could to prevent Hoenn from being wiped off the face of the planet by the incoming meteor. His journey would start with the riddle beneath his feet:

Don't stare too hard at it, you'll be dizzy.
A nosedive into it is needed to pass safely.
But which one? you can ask for help,
But do be careful and discard your skelp!

It did not take Josh long to find "it"; four vicious whirlpools swirled on the side opposite where he had arrived. The second line mentioned a "nosedive" to pass safely; this had to mean one of the whirlpools was somehow connected to a place deeper within the island. It was risky, yes, but Resheph's Agility would give her the speed needed to escape the whirlpool's suction if worst came to worst.

The riddle mentioning not to stare at the whirlpools too hard, Josh felt the best way to investigate the four would be to do a quick fly-over with them. Climbing aboard the Dragonair, Josh firmly held her reins, and the two were airborne above the four vortices. When he approached each one, philosophical phrases rang in his head, each trying to appeal to him that a nosedive into its corresponding whirlpool was the correct one. Upon passing over the north one, which he saw several others diving into with their aquatic Pokémon, a different voice rang in his head:

WITH GREAT SPEED...COMES GREAT RESPONSIBILITY.

These were some of the first words Josh's first riding instructor said after his first lap around a practice track... and the voice was his instructor's, too. Those words had stuck with him his entire life, even after he was on the cusp of turning semi-professional on the circuit. He had a responsibility...a moral obligation, even...to use his unique set of talents to help those in need.

The reminder of the source of Josh's selflessness gave him the courage. Bracing himself and tightening his harness up, the brave racer gave the command to have Resheph build up speed using Agility while circling the northern whirlpool, then dive into it on a plane perpendicular to that of the sea--a straight-in, headfirst dive...

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Resheph       Dragonair      Good
Twilight      Absol          Good
Saber         Manectric      Good

{WC: 411}
{PC: 1}

tl;dr:
- Josh arrives at the lsland and reads the riddle.
- Josh sends out Resheph, his Dragonair, and flies on her back above the whirlpools, hearing the message "WITH GREAT SPEED...COMES GREAT RESPONSIBILITY" from the north one.
- Bracing himself, he commands Resheph to use Agility to make a swift dive into the northern whirlpool.