Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
BUBBLE TEA BREWING SHOWDOWN
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2023 0:54:46 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
So this was where it ended, huh? Howard could translate dozens of languages but couldn't brew a halfway decent drink. Hopefully nobody in Rocket mentioned this when they were hanging out in the submarine. Howard's dignity couldn't survive another blow like this, especially since he had just lost a fight with an Eevee.

Howard hoped Temp was plucked into the air by a Drifloon.

Deftly chopping up a tomato, Howard had expertly removed the seeds and left them on the side. He was bad at a lot of things, but he was really good at using his hands. Just as he prepared to toss the tomato into the drink, he stopped. Staring at the tomatoes intently, Howard blinked.

"Wait..." Howard slapped his hand to his forehead, getting tomato juice all over himself. "TOMATOES ARE A FRUIT!"

How could he have forgotten!? He had ten years of advanced education and he had forgotten that TOMATOES WERE A FRUIT! His eye flicked up to the timer.

"Shitshitshitshit..." Howard muttered as he sliced a sweet potato lengthwise and looked over his shoulder. If Temp's Eevee decided to show up now, Howard was asking Naomi to send that thing to the alphabet dimension. The beast deserved that much.

"This is gonna taste terrible..." Howard sighed as he prepared to present his dish from hell.

79 + 55 = 134

PsqCCBvS

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
dinner in bed, and korean food, say ‘i love you’ just a little bit too soon.
awards
1,498 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 2:43:54 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","sideinfo"]
[attr="class","charimage"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Now they were getting somewhere![break][break]
The favorable reaction to his tea made Lam perk, and there was a slight bounce in his step as he returned to his station. He nudges Artichoke with a grin– “Just gotta keep up the momentum now, huh?” Lam grins as the decidueye coos his determined agreement.[break][break]
And then they announce…vegetables.[break][break]
Okay, so he’s a vegetarian, but in his tea?[break][break]
Lam’s cheeks puff as he lets out a breath. Think outside the box. Surely he can make something sweet out of this. Granted, he prefers savoury foods, but a savoury boba drink just doesn’t sound all that appealing, does it?[break][break]
He could be proven wrong, sure, but it’s a gamble he’s not about to aim for. So what has veggies in it, but is a really sweet snack. He snaps his fingers–[break][break]
Carrot cake![break][break]
With some orange to sweeten it, and the right spices to make the drink the right hint of zesty, surely it would go well! They were soon off to a good start, running carrots and oranges through a juicer to make a heavier drink to mix with their brown sugar boba. He even threw in a banana to thicken the mixture, but from the bright orange hue and the extra carrot added, there was no doubt it’d be the star of the show.[break][break]
Whisking it up with some oat milk and all the right spices– ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, and brown sugar, Lam blends in a dash of turmeric and maple syrup as well. Just for that last extra bit of rich sweetness. To top it all off, though, he adds a creamy top layer of heavy whipping cream, sugar, and softened cream cheese. It’s not exactly foam, but it gives a lightened effect of the icing to top the cake.[break][break]
For garnish, some bright, crisp orange carrot shavings are sprinkled on top.[break][break]
Feeling confident, Artichoke nudges Lam in a request to be the presenter. “Go for it, Artie,” Lam agrees, readily handing it over to the decidueye so that he can trot it over to the judges, setting it down with an owlish blink of equally orange eyes.

[attr="class","ooc"]

un1wCNJM
[break]

NOTES

- bubble tea time!![break]
- round three: chamomile + matcha boba tea[break]
- totals: 81 + 16 + 76 + 55 = 228

[attr="class","credit"]MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.lam]--accent:#83B130;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lam]font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h1"]font:bold 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h2"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .sideinfo"]width:150px;padding:20px 0px;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .text"]padding:20px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .ooc a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn img"]margin:5px -10px -10px -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit"]font:10px Poppins;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit a"]font:10px Poppins;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 4:49:32 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Well this round did not go as planned. Oscar was not deterred though, he made a promise to the judges he would win and he intended to make good on it. Oscar returned to his work station and began brainstorming on what to make next.

While he was thinking, Boris brought him a bag of tomatoes. Oscar looked between the bag and Boris, shaking his head after a moment. "Pretty sure tomatoes are fruit my man. They won't cut it." Boris looked down, disappointed that his favorite food would not be featured today. Unable to handle Boris's sad 'puppy eyes', Oscar would groan. "Alright fine. We'll give it a shot."

Boris let out a happy roar, and went off to clean the blender. Oscar turned away from the counter to choose a fitting tea. Perhaps another black tea? He grabbed a few jars and turned back to the counter.

His eyes locked onto an eevee, just in time to watch it finish eating his Tomatoes. Oscar leered, expressionless as the eevee hopped away as if nothing happened. Oscar silently watched the eevee return to its master: . Oscar stared at Temp, who he had considered his friend. His ally. His bud. He would pay for this negligence. Not today of course--but soon.

When Boris looked back and realized what had happened, it let loose a furious hiss toward the unassuming eevee. Oscar touched his shoulder to calm him down. "Don't sweat it Boris. I prefer sweet flavors anyway." Oscar turned to the ingredient shelf and chose a new vegetable: a pumpkin.

Boris ripped open the pumpkin with his claws, perhaps taking some of his anger out upon the gourd. Oscar scooped out the seeds and then as much pumpkin 'meat' as he could. He put the guts into the blender and began brewing his next tea: a black tea with ginger, cardamon, nutmeg, and cinnamon. He was aiming to recreate the flavor of a chai tea.

He added some milk and tea to the blender, mixing the concoction while adding tapioca balls to an empty cup. Oscar poured the mixture into the cup and quickly took the beverage to the judges' table. He set it before them and introduced it with his hands folded. "I've made a pumpkin spice boba tea. I hope it satisfies."

jZXSGGFc
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 5:16:54 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
A vegetable round?[break][break]
Luka turns to face Cupcake, brow furrowed in confusion. Her Clefable’s expression mirrors it; neither of them quite know what to do with this round’s prompt. Both prefer sweet foods over savory, and fruits over vegetables any day.[break][break]
They seem to have hit a stride- their last tea went over sooo well! But could this be the round that throws them off their rhythm? No way…they’ve come this far, after all! Luka is determined to do her best through the very end of the competition.[break][break]
Eventually, they settle on using beets- a decision based solely on the color. Slicing into one immediately produces a stark fuchsia, which seems promising. The vegetable itself…kind of smells like dirt, but it should be fine once it’s peeled and washed, right?[break][break]
The beets are strained together with a black tea, hopefully in a way that compliments the earthy flavors of the root vegetable. Along with it, they choose a basic tapioca pearl. Frankly, Luka isn’t all that convinced it’ll be good when she presents the drink, but she’s able to fake her confidence when it’s her turn with the judges. And at least the color is pretty![break][break]
”It’s always nice to cut through sweetness with something savory! And beets are just sooo pretty, don’tcha think? We’ve really put our heart into this one- I hope you enjoy it!”[break][break]
beetroot black tea with tapioca pearls[break]total: 43 + 68 + 81 + 5 = 197 [break][break]FG2cHhAI

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
✨ I'm addicted to shining and glowing
awards
2,662 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 5:49:33 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","colorbar"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/716039518305779782/1181108515746623550/Po_Pi_Po_Ryu_Remix_-_Hatsune_Miku_ft._Ryu.mp3?ex=657fdc06&is=656d6706&hm=ca4baddc3efdd3248dc5df18f2f416441b0bfcc4fa9535c2ca4b015e815e5b22&[/player]
[break]
Po Pi Po "ぽっぴっぽー" (Ryu☆ Remix)
[break][break]

The 4th round is a surprise. He'd thought for sure they were out of the running. But it fires him up all the same. Affogato is equally pumped and more than ready to try to make something that'll blow everyone out of the water. Vegetables. That's a little tricky, but with some honey it should be passable. Besides, people drank kale infused trash all the time. [break][break]

The music kicks in, the lights flash announcing the return of the dancing streamer and he grins big and wide at his audience, as energized as his backing track was. He gives the crowd a big, full arm wave. "So, like everyone else, I figured we were done but I'm MORE than happy to give ya'll one last tasty treat for the road!" He laughs as Affogato spins next to him, certifiably vibing despite how fast paced their music was. [break][break]

"I'm gonna try something a little different! For our vegetable drink, has anyone ever heard of a super, duper refreshing cucumber-spinach slushy?" he asked as he began to wash vegetables, and chop diligently while Affogato prepped the honey boba. With something as temperamental as a vegetable flavoring, better stick to the basics to keep it clashing too much. [break][break]

"Especially with how hot Hoenn is? And how busy I can get? Even I forget to get my veggies and vitamins in. But Spinach is packed full of iron, and Cucumbers are sooo refreshing." he explained. He throws everything into a blender with a ton of ice, holding it down until it was more liquid than paste. Affogato spins in to the music, dumping a generous amount of freshly made honey boba pearls into an empty cup as Mint turns off his blender.. "Slightly sweet, nicely chewy. Good choice with the honey boba again, Affogato." he said to her before looking back at the audience. [break][break]

"Kinda of a weird combo but if you like savory, I guess it's alright. Me though? Sweet is obviously my fave. So let's add in natural sweeteners. First-" He pours out the blender after taking a taste test, filling up 2/3s of the cup after the boba. "Warm up a bit of honey, just so it mixes better and stir it in." Affogato pours for him as Mint bounces along to the beat focused on his work. [break][break]

"There should be good." he said before she chilled the cup to preserve the green slush, and put it into the mixing machine. When it's done, he pulls out and shares it with the audience and the judges. “Ta-da~ Super healthy, extra refreshing, and deliciously sweet Cucumber-Spinach Slushie, with Honey Boba.” he said before popping the straw into the drink. “Thank you, old friends and new friends, for your support today. It means a lot to me and Affogato!” She punctuates this by giving a small bow along with her trainer. “See you on IG @peppermint. Take care~”
[break][break]

22SMn8BE
[break][break]

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc @bubble tea brewing showdown | YASAI JUUSU GA SUKI NI NARU [break]
total: 92 + 57 + 45 + 25 = 219

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

[newclass=".minty"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; border:20px solid #141414; background:#141414; border-radius:50px 50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty"]--accent:#94effa; --accent2:#f0ffc5;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bg"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/bvgZ1Rv/image.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .top"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/h7pSrwb/image.png); height:375px; border-radius:30px 30px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .colorbar"]background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:30px; margin-top:-90px; position:absolute; width:500px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main"]font:11px/15px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:20px 70px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main b"]color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc"]margin-top:10px; padding:10px 30px; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); font:10px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc b"]font:13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; font-style:italic; font-weight:600!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bottom"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/QPjr1Rg/image.png); height:128px; border-radius:0px 0px 30px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar"]position:absolute; margin-left:125px; margin-top:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img"]filter:grayscale(1); margin-left:-3px; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .icon"]background-image:url(https://images2.imgbox.com/2d/6f/itv9julf_o.png); background-size:cover; height:110px; width:110px; border-radius:100px; margin:10px 10px 10px 10px; position:absolute; filter:grayscale(10%) sepia(10%);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins:500,600,700]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 7:48:28 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle blinks at the judges. reasonable?

he takes a swig of their concoction and smacks his lips a few times while the taste registers in his tongue. it wasn't good, but it wasn't bad either. quickly, kyle turns to his obstagoon.

"we might actually have a shot if they called our shit passable."

the obstagoon doesn't seem to want to participate in further crazy solutions that his trainer wants to try out, but since he's just a pokemon, he is forced to do his trainer's bidding.

kyle isn't picky when it comes to food, but he definitely prefers sweets. when it comes with preparing them, sugar bails him out if anything fails.

"let's do carrots this time," he tells his pokemon as he grabs a whole basket of them. "noah likes it in a smoothie, so it must be good."

as he leaves his obstagoon to peel the carrots, kyle surprisingly does work that isn't just a hotpot of random ingredients. a certain recipe is followed this time, reminiscent of smoothies noah used to make.

he adds cinnamon, yogurt and almost mind before blending it right with the rest of the carrots.

6qvTBHDJ

@tags
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 12:16:05 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","remy-lb"]
[attr="class","remy-lb-pkmn"]
[attr="class","remy-lb-pkmn-2"]

[attr="class","remy-lb-bannertop"]

[attr="class","remy-lb-w"]
[attr="class","remy-lb-img"]

[attr="class","remy-lb-w-1"]
Vegetables? Neither Remiel nor Herschel had any idea how to incorporate a vegetable into a bubble tea drink. The latter had housed himself within a fruit, after all. Nevertheless, they go as a pair into the pantry to see what they had to work with.[break][break]

"Plenty of ingredients to make a good stir fry..." Remiel remarks as they gather some vegetables into a basket. "I could go for something SAVORY right about now... I'm just about sick of the SWEET stuff, aren't you?" He asks of his Applin.[break][break]

In response, however, Herschel shakes his shell from side to side to signal no. Eventually, they return to their station and blend some sweet potatoes with brown sugar, broccoli florets, a hint of cilantro, and tapioca balls at its base. Their bubble tea comes out a rich swampy green as a result.[break][break]

6xs06Weq
[break]
PROMPT COMPLETE! ✨[break][break]

In this round, please post your character making a VEGETABLE-BASED BUBBLE TEA. Don't just use taro, either! Example vegetables include corn, carrots, tomatoes, green beans, spinach, peas, asparagus, sweet potatoes, lettuce, broccoli, and cabbage.[break][break]

In addition, please share whether your character prefers sweets or savory food, whether they're cooking it, eating it, or both!

[attr="class","remy-lb-bannerbottom"]BUBBLE TEA BREWING ♔

[break][break]

[newclass=.remy-lb]border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;border-radius:5px;padding:24px;width:500px;box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #363636,-2px 2px 0px #363636,2px -2px 0px #363636,-2px -2px 0px #363636;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb b]color:#d49736;letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb i]color:#cecece;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb u]text-decoration: none;font: bold 12px Quattrocento Sans;letter-spacing: 3px;color: #d5ad40;text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn]background-color:#272727;padding:10px 10px 3px 10px;margin:-24px -24px 0px -24px;border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;display:flex;height: 25px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn div]height: 8px;margin: 0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn div:hover]color:#d49736;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn-2]border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px!important;border:solid 1px #232323;border-bottom:none;padding: 10px 5px 10px 5px;background-color:#2b2b2b!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn-2 img]margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannertop]text-align:right;margin:0px -24px 24px -24px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding: 16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannertop div]padding-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom]text-align:right;margin:24px -24px -25px -24px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;font:800 20px Poppins;line-height:20px;text-transform:uppercase;white-space:nowrap;overflow:hidden;border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom a]font:800 20px Poppins!important;line-height:20px!important;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right, #d49736, #d5ad40);-webkit-background-clip:text!important;-webkit-text-fill-color:transparent!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom div]font:bold 9px Quattrocento Sans;line-height:10px;padding-top:5px;letter-spacing:1px;color:#666666;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-w]display:flex;gap:35px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-img]height:70px;width:70px;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-img img]height:70px;width:70px;filter:grayscale(50%) contrast(80%);border-radius:3px;max-width: none !important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-w-1]font:11.7px Poppins;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;padding: 10px 25px 10px 15px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
A keen mind cuts deeper than even the sharpest sword.
awards
1,014 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 17:27:32 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]BUBBLE TEA BREWING SHOWDOWN

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

COOL CONTEST
ENDS DECEMBER 10TH 11:59 PST

EXPOSITION

THE BUBBLE TEA BREWING SHOWDOWN HAS REACHED THE FINAL ROUND! The judges applaud preemptively as they watch the contestants ambitiously and adventurously brewing creative takes on vegetable-based bubble tea. They know full well that this surely wasn’t a challenge anyone was prepared for in this contest.[break][break]

's sweet corn milk tea with passionfruit boba is the definite star of this round, combining sweetness and earthiness in a delicious, comforting beverage. The judges also admire the creativity of 's Bloody Mary-like concoction with tomato juice and tea with garlic, bell pepper, onion, and a celery stalk. They also effusively praise 's bubble tea made with sweet potatoes with brown sugar, broccoli florets, and a hint of cilantro.[break][break]

However, everyone gets compliments for their refreshing and inspired vegetable brews, most of which the judges pronounce "delicious and clever, but sometimes just needing just a little more improvement or polish."[break][break]

Taking a deep breath, the familiar emcee walks back to the kitchen once more. Even her warm smile looks a little weary by now, even though her energy and enthusiasm seem otherwise undimmed. ”You all did a phenomenal job last round!” she congratulates you all, adding with a laugh, "I've never been so excited to eat my veggies before!"[break][break]

”I really do want to thank you all for hanging in there through all these rounds of competition,” the redhead continues with genuine appreciation, with an apologetic glance especially for . ”In my eyes, you’re all champions just for trying new things and making so many delicious drinks. I really hope you’ve all enjoyed the challenges so far, considering how much fun it’s been to watch you all work.”[break][break]

Raising her voice, Aurelie goes on to say, ”But I promise, this is the last round! Last set of drinks you’ll have to brew! And for this one...well, as they say, winter is coming, so...[break][break]

“Please make your best seasonal winter drinks! Peppermint, cocoa, hazelnut, gingerbread, eggnog...use your favorite winter flavors for this last bubble tea. I’m really looking forward to seeing what you all come up with.”

GUIDELINES

HOW TO PARTICIPATE

TO PARTICIPATE, please read the following rules carefully:[break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • To participate in this round, please post before the deadline specified at the bottom of this post.
  • The bubble tea contest will feature several rounds with deadlines.
  • Each round will feature a prompt to fulfill (a theme ingredient that must be included in the bubble tea that your character must prepare and cook on the spot).
  • Each contestant must post once per round and make a roll at the end. If you miss a round, you won't be disqualified, but your chances to win will be lower. The roll will represent the judges' opinion of the contestant's dish.
  • At the end of the contest, the contestant with the highest roll total will be the winner. Therefore, please add up all your rolls at the end of each post.
  • Winning the contest will give your character a Cool Pokemon Contest win.
  • Like Shiv, I will not tolerate complaints about not being mentioned, tagged, acknowledged or feeling "useless". Unlike Shiv, I'm arbitrary and capricious and will tag and mention people as I darn well please, including high- or low-rolling characters or characters who have the moxie to incorporate green eggs, purple shrimp, and eldritch horror into their creations.

ROUND PROMPT AND DEADLINE

ROUND PROMPT [break]AND DEADLINE

THE FIFTH ROUND PROMPT is seasonal winter drinks.

• In this round, please post your character making a SEASONAL BUBBLE TEA that's perfect for WINTER. Example seasonal winter flavors include peppermint, cocoa, mocha, coffee, eggnog, gingerbread, winter melon, and hazelnut.
  • In addition, mention or incorporate your character’s favorite winter activity or tradition in your post.

DEADLINE IS[break]SUNDAY, DECEMBER 10, AT 11:59 PM PST.

REWARDS

REWARDS

The winning contestant will receive a Cool Pokemon Contest win and ribbon.[break][break]

In addition, every participant will receive a special prize for posting in each round:[break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • First round prize: 1 gacha ticket
  • Second round prize: 1 TM/TR
  • Third round prize: 1 sparkling dust
  • Fourth round prize: 1 ability capsule
  • Fifth round prize: 1 salac berry

PARTICIPANTS

OVERALL LEADERBOARD

1. (287), 2. (266), 3. (254), 4. (249), 5. (240), 6. (236), 7. (228), 8. (221), 9. (219), 10. (203), 11. (197), 12. (192), 13. (188), 14. (182), 15. (166), (166) , (166), 16. (134), 17. (123), 18. (113), 19. (82), 20. (67)

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiri

She/Her
December 9th
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
Coordinator
Civilian
i have a dream where you and i have the same dream!
awards
175 posts
Momo Sakai DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @momo
Momo Sakai
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 19:38:34 GMT
Momo Sakai Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","momosakai"]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","tag"]

the last round! momo huffs, determined to finish strong. she had her ups-and-downs in this contest thus far, but all it did was reinforce the fact that she still had a lot to learn if she wanted to go far in the contest world. and after this, she'd become a bubble tea master, as well! or at least, she hopes so. [break][break]

the theme for the fifth round offers them even more creativity. winter holiday flavors come to mind, and momo thinks about her favorite flavors and scents. peppermint? gingerbread? snickerdoodle? [break][break]

"okay, rose and i are gonna finish strong!" she pumps a fist into the air, trying to pump herself up as well as her fellow contestants and the staff, too. our flavor this round is going to be another fruity-sweet take on wintertime: winter candy apple! it's also going to feature some brown sugar clumps, lots of whipped cream, and brown-sugar bubbles! there will also be some candied apple pieces, too. sweet's my game, but momo's my name! let's all finish strong, good luck to everyone!!" [break][break]

with that, the coordinator jumps straight into creation. she cuts fresh apples into many pieces and slices, juicing some and leaving others whole. she macerates other slices, coating them in sugar and leaving them to dry after soaking in a tasty but sugary-sweet brine. the secret ingredient to everything is a little bit of appletun peel thrown into the mix, too. and then her polteageist stirs around the brown-sugar bubbles, adding them and the whipped cream at the very end. [break][break]

momo's last drink of the day! she throws her hands in the air and cheers. "ta-dah!" [break][break]

33tTQFzO
[break][break]

[attr="class","momosakaiooc"]

NOTES

momo's current outfit! [break]
roll total: 203 + 98 = 301 [break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.momosakai]--accent:#F08EB2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.momosakai]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.3px;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".momosakai a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".momosakai b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".momosakai i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".momosakai u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".momosakai h1"]font:18px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".momosakai h2"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".momosakai .tag"]letter-spacing:.5px;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:18px;font:800 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".momosakai .post b"]font-size:14px;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".momosakai .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".momosakai .pkmn img"]margin:5px -7px -10px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".momosakai .credit"]width:125px;background-color:#1c1c1c;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".momosakai .credit a"]font-size:10px;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 19:38:58 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","remy-lb"]
[attr="class","remy-lb-pkmn"]

[attr="class","remy-lb-bannertop"]

[attr="class","remy-lb-w"]
[attr="class","remy-lb-img"]

[attr="class","remy-lb-w-1"]
They had done well in the last round. Not well enough to win this thing, of course, but placing behind surely meant they were doing something right. Remiel shifts a glance over at her station, wondering how she's been after all this time. He is glad her experience with Team Rocket's kidnapping had not deterred her from participating in such events.[break][break]

But, alas, the final round is upon them.
[break]

This would be considerably easier than the previous challenge, Remiel thought. This time, the exiled prince would take the lead as he they rummaged for ingredients nearby. "Much like SKIING, I think placing our faith in a winter classic would be the best bet." The black-haired royal remarks. "Everybody loves skiing. And everybody likes peppermint mocha."[break][break]

Was that a tenet of his IDEAL WORLD? Probably not. But he couldn't imagine anyone disliking either of those options. As he begins to blend his peppermint mocha, however, it is his Applin who decides to add a dash of eggnog to the concoction after tipping over a bottle. Perhaps it thought that boozing up the judges might work in their favor as well.[break][break]

NtoCum3l
[break]
PROMPT COMPLETE! ✨[break][break]

In this round, please post your character making a SEASONAL BUBBLE TEA that's perfect for WINTER. Example seasonal winter flavors include peppermint, cocoa, mocha, coffee, eggnog, gingerbread, winter melon, and hazelnut.[break][break]

In addition, mention or incorporate your character’s favorite winter activity or tradition in your post.

[attr="class","remy-lb-bannerbottom"]BUBBLE TEA BREWING ♔

[break][break]

[newclass=.remy-lb]border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;border-radius:5px;padding:24px;width:500px;box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #363636,-2px 2px 0px #363636,2px -2px 0px #363636,-2px -2px 0px #363636;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb b]color:#d49736;letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb i]color:#cecece;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb u]text-decoration: none;font: bold 12px Quattrocento Sans;letter-spacing: 3px;color: #d5ad40;text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn]background-color:#272727;padding:10px 10px 3px 10px;margin:-24px -24px 0px -24px;border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;display:flex;height: 25px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn div]height: 8px;margin: 0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn div:hover]color:#d49736;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn-2]border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px!important;border:solid 1px #232323;border-bottom:none;padding: 10px 5px 10px 5px;background-color:#2b2b2b!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn-2 img]margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannertop]text-align:right;margin:0px -24px 24px -24px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding: 16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannertop div]padding-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom]text-align:right;margin:24px -24px -25px -24px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;font:800 20px Poppins;line-height:20px;text-transform:uppercase;white-space:nowrap;overflow:hidden;border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom a]font:800 20px Poppins!important;line-height:20px!important;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right, #d49736, #d5ad40);-webkit-background-clip:text!important;-webkit-text-fill-color:transparent!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom div]font:bold 9px Quattrocento Sans;line-height:10px;padding-top:5px;letter-spacing:1px;color:#666666;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-w]display:flex;gap:35px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-img]height:70px;width:70px;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-img img]height:70px;width:70px;filter:grayscale(50%) contrast(80%);border-radius:3px;max-width: none !important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-w-1]font:11.7px Poppins;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;padding: 10px 25px 10px 15px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,300 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 22:38:32 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisetest3"]
[attr="class","body"]

A smile is lit up on the ambassador’s face when the judges praised her sweet corn bubble tea for the sweetness and earthiness combined in one flavor. When the last prompt for the final round is announced by Miss Lefevre, the drink would have to be Christmas inspired. The princess gets to work on adding the cocoa powder from a bag she found in the cabinet’s kitchen area into the vanilla flavored milk tea poured into a cup.[break][break]

Mixing it with a spoon, she also adds a dash of peppermint sprinkles to make it pepperminty. Chamomile floats in to mix winter melon powder, maybe he just wants to add a little sweetness to how their bubble tea mixture is coming along in a Christmas flavored drink.[break][break]

“Like ice skating, I think you’ll enjoy the holiday touch I made for my creation.” Elise spoke and finishes making her cocoa peppermint sprinkked and winter melon flavored milk tea as she adds some lychee popping boba into the drink she and her shiny Polteageist butler made together. “I loved to ice skate when I was younger back at Hammerlocke, so I hope everyone does as well at their leisure on holiday season.”[break][break]

tXIrtzt8

@bubbletea [break][break]

NOTES

- Elise's outfit[break]
- Roll Total: 251 (1 + 75 + 8 + 99 + 69)

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3"]--accent:#D0BDF0;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

howitzer

sky, finn charbonneau
he/him
february 18
virbank city, unova
demisexual
writer
associate
disguised smoke and mirrors tuning the inner eye, the link the infinite lies within the dreamscape
awards
70 posts
part of
TAG WITH @schuyler
schuyler tate
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 1:00:39 GMT
schuyler tate Avatar
A seasonal drink? At least now it seemed things started to come back to normal. And at least with the idea of peppermint in mind, he could throw a peppermint tea into the blend as a base. While his Ditto finished steeping the tea, the two blended the tea with some eggnog as the milky base. But the bursting pearls were an admittedly strange choice. Schuyler's idea was simple: incorporate a blend of festive flavors. A bold move, but a glance at the scoreboard told him he really needed to impress the judges. Fourth place just wouldn't do.

Everything blended together and was topped with some whipped cream. Maybe it was the lack of confidence given that he didn't often experiment with boba, but he felt like a Magikarp with Swift Swim in the middle of a sandstorm -- utterly blown out of the water and floundering about. With the final round upon them, Schuyler took a deep breath, steeled himself, and presented the drink.

"Here's hoping this is enough to spark some holiday cheer."

LntKjWz1

TOTAL OF ROLLS ADDED TOGETHER: 255

⚰︎ divider made by milky!

@bubble tea brewing showdown

close tab

played by

Jun

Blaze, Ash
He/Him
July 15
Hau'oli City
Experimenting, but boys.
Petty Thief/odd jobs kid
Civilian of dubious means
If you want to be strong, learn to fight alone!
awards
245 posts
Asher Baran DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun3
Asher Baran
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 3:10:48 GMT
Asher Baran Avatar
It was a lukewarm reception at best. An awful lot of politeness in the responses, despite the horrors that he and others have made. But this next challenge...amazing! With a fire in his eyes, Bones mirrored his passion and immediately went to the peppermints. Ash went after the chocolate pudding. Instead of milk, he opted for the eggnog. Then, as the base, he used black tea. Ash used his Marowak's flames to melt the chocolate and peppermints to a small degree. Then put in some regular of each. A small sprinkle of cinnamon rounded out his concoction. The red head was actually kind of proud of this one. Granted, it could be diabetes in a tea, but it tasted very good when he checked it. Both him and Bones puffed up their chests when they displayed their diabetes in a cup. But will the judges like it?

188 + ?

5tSdYWoZ

close tab

played by

newt

he/they
july 7
verdanturf town
pansexual
cafe worker
trainer
goodbye, ms. flower thief.
awards
40 posts
REESE RHODES DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @reese
REESE RHODES
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 19:04:19 GMT
REESE RHODES Avatar
it's time to take a little bit more of a risk, since this is the final round. he's been playing it safe so far, but this final concoction could make it or break it. "for my final trick, i'm going to make..." he pulls his ingredients out, putting them on the counter so the audience can see. "...eggnog bubble tea!" because everyone loves eggnog, right?

the first thing to do is, of course, to start brewing the tea. they chose a simple darjeeling tea for this. while that's being done, they whisk together the mixture for the eggnog; milk, cream, sugar, egg yolks, and whipped egg whites. they give it a generous helping of nutmeg and a dash of vanilla and cinnamon.

once the tea is ready, he pours it over some ice to cool it down. next comes the boba, and once the tea is cool enough they combine the tea and the eggnog, gently mixing it together in the glass. on top he sprinkles another generous helping of spices. now that it's ready, he presents it to the judges nervously, hoping it might be enough to win them over completely.

"...my family's from kalos, so we usually celebrate this season by opening gifts," they say, just to fill the silence. "if it were up to me, there'd be some rum in this, eheh... they always let me have a little bit of spiked eggnog even when i was younger-- oops, should i have said that out loud...?"
Sal7Jijd

close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass.
awards
574 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2023 2:33:44 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jackpost"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Ideas pinged around in Jack's ahead like out of control ice skaters until he settled on a decision. Marshmellow. The winter had so many flavors but his favorite was the sweet taste of marshmellows floating in a rich hot cocoa on a dreary Galarian night. With a soft smile, he started brewing the milk tea before dissolving the marshmellows in the hot liquid. He shrugged, unsure of whether or not that was how you got marshmellow flavored tea, but Watts only looked at him, as unhelp a sous chef as ever.[break][break]

Mixing the tea, boba pearls, and some raw sugar together, he then topped it with whipped cream. As a final touch, he sprinkled small marshmellows onto the whipped topping and used a kitchen torch to lightly toast it all. Arranging the cups neatly on a serving platter, he glanced at Watts with a happy smile.[break][break]

"Not sure if this looks that great but I'd split it with you," Jack said to the Boltund. Watts barked back happily.[break][break]

Jack presented the beverages with a jaunty salute, pleased with himself for trying something outside his comfort zone. And even if the judges didn't like his drinks, he figured the readers of his blog would find the story of today to be entertaining.[break][break]

FRTb68c7

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]

NOTES

Bubble Tea Brewing Showdown: Round 5[break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.jackpost]--accent:#00ffff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.jackpost]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]