Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
A keen mind cuts deeper than even the sharpest sword.
awards
1,011 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
BUBBLE TEA BREWING SHOWDOWN
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2023 16:06:25 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]BUBBLE TEA BREWING SHOWDOWN

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

COOL CONTEST
ENDS DECEMBER 9TH 11:59 PST

EXPOSITION

THE BUBBLE TEA BREWING SHOWDOWN IS BEING CONDUCTED IN LILYCOVE CITY, sponsored by the Iron Lady Forge run by and the Bubble, Bubble Tea, & Trouble Cafe owned by . In an effort to bring sweetness and refreshment to the region, participants will be competing against each other to create the most delicious, delightful bubble tea creations. Each contestant may bring one (and only one!) Pokemon partner as an assistant.[break][break]

Judging will be performed by and other local Lilycove City cafe owners and restaurateurs, who will enjoy each drink and assess it for flavor, technique, and creativity.[break][break]

The Iron Lady Forge will supply high-quality, hand-forged chef's knives, cleavers, paring knives, tongs, kitchen shears, and other essential culinary tools crafted from the finest steel to be used by any interested participants. The Bubble, Bubble Tea, & Trouble Cafe will supply the freshest ingredients to be used for each concoction: fruits, tea, milk, cream, spices, herbs, and of course, tapioca pearls.

INTRODUCTION

WELCOME TO THE BUBBLE TEA BREWING SHOWDOWN

ALL THOSE WHO CHOSE TO SIGN UP and enter the cooking competition will be ushered into a large warehouse near the Lilycove City harbor reserved for the occasion. Those who took part in the Steel Chef Cooking Contest will recognize this warehouse being used back then as well. Inside the warehouse, all contestants will be assembled within a high-ceilinged, cavernous kitchen space equipped with numerous rows of prep and cooking stations, one for each chef to use.[break][break]

There, you are all greeted by , a red-haired woman with an eyepatch over her right eye, and , a lovely woman with cascading purple curls and a radiant smile. A proud Incineroar, a graceful Hatterene, and a bobbing Clefairy flank Xiura on either side, alertly watching the contestants enter and welcoming them with verve and vivacity.[break][break]

"Friends, Hoennites, fellow lovers of bubble tea," Xiura exclaims graciously. Her voice is sweet and melodious, and her eyes shine with lively pleasure. "Welcome to the Bubble Tea Brewing Showdown!"[break][break]

Beside her, Aurelie performs a sweeping, extravagant Kalosian bow. When she straightens, there's a playful twinkle in her single uncovered eye. "Now, you may be asking yourself: Why bubble tea? And why in the fall? And the answer is..."[break][break]

"Why not?"
Xiura finishes, spreading her slender arms wide in an elegant gesture. "I for one believe bubble tea is perfect for nearly every season and occasion, with its variety of delicious and distinctive drinks, its mouthwatering mixtures, and its beautiful and beneficial beverages full of flavor and fun tapioca pearls."[break][break]

Clapping her hands together, Aurelie clears her throat loudly. "Let's get this contest underway! In this first round, everyone needs to brew bubble tea. What kind, you ask?"[break][break] The redhead winks and falls dramatically silent, letting the suspense build...before finally informing you all, "Any kind you like! This is a freestyle round where everyone can brew whatever bubble tea they most enjoy making or drinking."[break][break]

Smiling sweetly at the contestants, Xiura concludes, "I look forward to seeing...and more importantly, tasting...what everyone comes up with!"

GUIDELINES

HOW TO PARTICIPATE

TO PARTICIPATE, please read the following questions carefully:[break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • To join the contest, please post before the deadline specified at the bottom of this post.
  • The bubble tea contest will feature several rounds with deadlines.
  • Each round will feature a prompt to fulfill (a theme ingredient that must be included in the dish that your character must prepare and cook on the spot).
  • Each contestant must post once per round and make a roll at the end. If you miss a round, you won't be disqualified, but your chances to win will be lower. The roll will represent the judges' opinion of the contestant's dish.
  • At the end of the contest, the contestant with the highest roll total will be the winner. Therefore, please add up all your rolls at the end of each post.
  • Winning the contest will give your character a Cool Pokemon Contest win.
  • Like Shiv, I will not tolerate complaints about not being mentioned, tagged, acknowledged or feeling "useless" in a raid. Unlike Shiv, I'm arbitrary and capricious and will tag and mention people as I darn well please, including high- or low-rolling characters or characters who have the moxie to incorporate green eggs, purple shrimp, and eldritch horror into their creations.

ROUND PROMPT AND DEADLINE

ROUND PROMPT [break]AND DEADLINE

THE FIRST ROUND PROMPT is freestyle bubble tea.

Please post your character introducing themselves and their Pokemon partner, if any, to the judges. Your post must also include your character brewing any style of bubble tea they like, using any ingredients they choose.
DEADLINE IS[break]SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 11, AT 11:59 PM PST.

REWARDS

REWARDS

The winning contestant will receive a Cool Pokemon Contest win and ribbon.[break][break]

In addition, every participant will receive a special prize for posting in each round:[break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • First round prize: 1 gacha ticket
  • Second round prize: 1 TM/TR
  • Third round prize: 1 sparkling dust
  • Fourth round prize: 1 ability capsule
  • Fifth round prize: 1 salac berry

PARTICIPANTS

@kaelyn

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Meggy

She/Her
November 13th
Lumioise City, Kalos
Heterosexual
News Reporter
Civilian
Single
14 height
14 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sierra
Sierra Benoit
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2023 17:50:31 GMT
Sierra Benoit Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sierra"]
[attr="class","body"]
"Hello, bubble tea enthusiasts! I'm Sierra Benoit, your Pokemon news reporter, and today, I've traded in my microphone for a bubble tea shaker!" She grinned, her enthusiasm infectious as the crowd chuckled.[break][break]

"But, I couldn't do it alone," Sierra continued, gesturing towards Appletun with a proud smile. "Allow me to introduce my talented partner in bubble tea artistry, the one and only Appletun! This little dragon has been my companion for a little while now, and today, we're here to show you the magic that happens when Pokemon and humans collaborate in the world of culinary delights."[break][break]

Appletun let out a cheerful chirp, its eyes gleaming with a sense of accomplishment. She glanced at her partner, Appletun, who was ready for action, its eyes gleaming with determination.[break][break]

Sierra's heart raced as she surveyed the array of ingredients in front of her. She exchanged a quick nod with Appletun, and they got to work. Sierra expertly measured out the tapioca pearls, while Appletun skillfully sliced fresh strawberries with its leafy tail.[break][break]

Sierra smiled as she poured a velvety strawberry puree into the blender, the vibrant color reflecting the spirit of the competition.[break][break]

As the blender whirred to life, Sierra couldn't help but marvel at the synergy between her and Appletun. They moved in perfect harmony, each step synchronized with the other. The crowd watched in awe as the duo crafted a masterpiece.[break][break]

With a flourish, Sierra poured the strawberry concoction into a clear cup, watching as the pearls settled at the bottom like precious jewels. Appletun added a final touch, a delicate leaf garnish that danced on the surface.[break][break]

Sierra and Appletun stepped back, their creation on display for the judges and the audience. The aroma of fresh strawberries wafted through the air, eliciting murmurs of approval from the spectators.[break][break]
iwlXfzBi
[break][break][break]

TAGS – @char [break]
NOTES [break][break]

– In use –[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".sierra"]--accent:#e66b19;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sierra b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sierra i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sierra u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sierra a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sierra h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sierra h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sierra .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sierra .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sierra .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
August 22
Santalune City
Lesbian
Pirate
Grunt
38 height
38 height
awards
118 posts
Marguerite DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mar
Marguerite
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2023 18:15:17 GMT
Marguerite Avatar
mar bowed to the audience, mostly facetiously, but she did enjoy the attention. "marguerite and capsakid, here to deliver some bubble tea and entertainment." the supplies at hand covered a wild variety of flavors. she didn't know what to prioritize. she felt like brown sugar or honey would be a good start, but something herbal would make use of capsakid's talents.

hm. she chose the rose syrup and added it to the milk, adding a pump of vanilla to liven it up. capsakid poured tapioca pearls into a cup, choosing far more than mar would've used, but she preferred straight milk tea over boba. she raised a brow at her pokemon as she started munching on excess pearls, but the grass type was undeterred by her gaze.

"long as we enjoy ourselves," she relinquished, pouring her rose-vanilla milk over the pearls to create a soft pink drink. "this is almost pushing into too-sweet -- by my taste, anyways -- but it looks gorgeous."

MesUoPP3

close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass.
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2023 18:32:38 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jackpost"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

"Hello there, I'm Jack Wainwright and this here is Watts," Jack gestured to his Boltund who was currently rubbing his face against 's hip in hopes of pets, "and we're chuffed to bits to be here. We don't actually know much about bubble tea but we love to drink it!"[break][break]

He felt a little silly introducing himself so he winked at the two hosts and headed over to his station while giving a low whistle to Watts who was now smacking his head into 's hand. The Boltund grinned unashamedly as he trotted over to the station. Jack hadn't been lying when he'd said he didn't know much about bubble tea; he mostly just liked to drink it and use it as an excuse to spend time at Xiura's shop.[break][break]

He decided to start with something simple and recreate his usual order. Grabbing a cup, he drizzled brown sugar syrup down the sides in a messy spiral. Eyeballing the quantities of black tea, milk, tapioca pearls, and a light scoop of sugar, he then sealed the top and shook it vigorously hoping it turned out okay.[break][break]

iJAEatJ2

[attr="class","ooc"]
@tag
[break]

NOTES

Bubble Tea Brewing Showdown: Round 1[break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.jackpost]--accent:#00ffff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.jackpost]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2023 20:06:29 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

Remiel takes the stage wearing a rather modest outfit and carrying a small green APPLIN in his hands. It's clear the little creature has never been in front of this many people before. There's a shaky and nervous look in its bright yellow eyes as it peers out at them. Some silent reassuring from his trainer's eyes, however, keeps it from ducking away within its apple shell for comfort.

"Greetings everyone," The exiled prince begins, issuing a small and respectful bow before casting everyone a warm smile. "Esteemed judges. My name is and this is HERSCHEL. We've been together for some time now, but this one has only recently shown an interest in culinary activities thanks to the plethora of treats we had at the MAGNIFICENT FUNTASIA."

Herschel begins to wag his little tail as they move towards the prep area nearby. Once he's set down on the table, he rolls toward the section with assorted fruits and ingredients. As the Applin sniffs them out, Remiel takes off and hangs his jacket on the coat rack before placing a khaki-colored apron over his black turtleneck. Not long after that, they finally get to work.

After some back and forth between trainer and Pokémon, the two end up presenting a premium matcha bubble tea combined with four seasons oolong tea, layered with organic milk and fresh strawberries.

PROMPT COMPLETE!

Please post your character introducing themselves and their Pokemon partner, if any, to the judges. Your post must also include your character brewing any style of bubble tea they like, using any ingredients they choose.

[break][break]
BUBBLE TEA BREWING ♔

hju9emvq
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,596 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2023 21:30:28 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Hello, everypony. I'm Davey and this is my terrible menace of an Eevee, Hati. We're here to start Bubble Tea Brewing something devilish and malicious."[break][break]

A very fine introduction from Tempest, in his civilian disguise. He smiles to the crowd, holding the Eevee under his arm much like one might hold a spare football. Hati looked like he was basically vibrating, the Eevee showing teeth. Of course, if one asked Temp he would say 'he don't bite!'. (He did.)[break][break]

Walking over to his booth, Temp sat his Eevee down very, very carefully....[break][break]

Hati shot from his hands like a lightning bolt, jumping straight into the ingredient pile. Things were knocked off of the counter; flour spread in a sad arc onto the floor as a container's lid popped off. Tempest just shrugged, reaching into the pile of fluff and teeth where Hati was currently demolishing anything he would wrap his teeth around.[break][break]

Tempest didn't seem phased, just grabbed onto a juicy looking peach Hati had his teeth in. A few tugs and it was free, albeit with a huge bit taken out of it. Temp twisted it around to the un-bitten side and took a sample of his own.[break][break]

"Good choice, Hati." Turning the Eevee bodily away from the peaches and towards a pile of apples, Tempest picked up a few of the peaches along with some ginger. Some black tea was started to brew as Temp started to slice and then boil the peach and ginger together in a sugary mixture.[break][break]

"I actually don't like Boba Pearls, so I'm going to make some ginger and peach Rainbow Jelly." Was explained to the crowd when the camera came his way. The simple syrup he had made was left to the side while he emulsified the ginger and peach and added the stuff to jelly-ify it.[break][break]

Soon enough, Tempest presented a Peach-Ginger Black Tea Boba with Rainbow Jelly to the judges. His pokemon was still devouring the food in the background.[break][break]

8m6IYuhV

[attr="class","tag"]@ bubble tea brewing

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiri

She/Her
December 9th
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
Coordinator
Civilian
i have a dream where you and i have the same dream!
awards
175 posts
Momo Sakai DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @momo
Momo Sakai
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2023 0:27:22 GMT
Momo Sakai Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","momosakai"]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","tag"]

this. is. it!!! this is the moment that momo's been waiting for: a pokemon contest! [break][break]

it's been quite a while since her last entry into an event like this, and what better way to wade her way back into the contest scene than to participate in one that's food-themed? momo has a deep fondness for food-themed pokemon, too, so naturally, she had trouble deciding who to bring as her partner for this event. ultimately, she ended up choosing rose the shiny polteageist, because if there's any pokemon that knows a thing or two about teas, it's polteageist! [break][break]

(of course, momo is super careful to make sure that none of polteageist's ectoplasmic body gets into the actual bubble tea concoction... she wouldn't want a gross-tasting ghost-pokemon essence to accidentally get eaten by one of the judges!) [break][break]

when she enters the kitchen stadium, it reminds her of the ones she sees in cooking shows a lot. especially the kind that's hosted by that really mean but famous galarian chef! "y'know, the one who says curse words all the time?" her thoughts are voiced aloud, and momo giggles despite the accidental slip-up, her little ghost companion laughing along with her. [break][break]

but when the cameras are on her, the coordinator's eyes light up, and her smile feels full to bursting! when prompted to speak about the flavors and ingredients she's choosing for round one, momo says, "hi everyone! my name is momo, and the pokemon i've brought with me today is my polteageist named rose! say hi, rose!" the black tea pokemon bows politely before spinning around, laughing in a twirl of pinks and purples. a coordinator's pokemon, for sure! [break][break]

momo laughs, amused by her pokemon's sweet antics, and continues to say, "so in rose's honor, i am going to have a rose-infused milk tea as the base of the drink! and for add-ons, we're going with strawberry-flavored popping pearls, some candied rose petals, and of course, what makes bubble tea, bubble tea! the bubbles!" although rose and strawberry are both sweet flavors, momo hopes that the smoothness of the milk tea and the richness of the boba will offset the sweetness, and create something that is not only super pink and cute, but delicious to consume, as well! [break][break]

obm_TISN

[break]

[attr="class","momosakaiooc"]

NOTES

momo's current outfit! [break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.momosakai]--accent:#F08EB2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.momosakai]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.3px;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".momosakai a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".momosakai b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".momosakai i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".momosakai u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".momosakai h1"]font:18px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".momosakai h2"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".momosakai .tag"]letter-spacing:.5px;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:18px;font:800 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".momosakai .post b"]font-size:14px;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".momosakai .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".momosakai .pkmn img"]margin:5px -7px -10px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".momosakai .credit"]width:125px;background-color:#1c1c1c;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".momosakai .credit a"]font-size:10px;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

howitzer

sky, finn charbonneau
he/him
february 18
virbank city, unova
demisexual
writer
associate
disguised smoke and mirrors tuning the inner eye, the link the infinite lies within the dreamscape
awards
70 posts
part of
TAG WITH @schuyler
schuyler tate
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2023 0:28:03 GMT
schuyler tate Avatar
Some of the more eager participants were the first to speak up, and he couldn't help but notice the mirth that most of the other contestants beamed with. Eyes squinted into amused crescents as he took a step forward and a polite bow to mirror a sense of enthusiasm to be there. Once he stood back up, a glass with a mysterious pink liquid oozed itself out and onto the counter. But as it took form, it seemed to be the Ditto that Schuyler had made his boba brewing partner. The blob blinked a few times as though it had attempted to adjust to the bright lights within the kitchen setup.

"Finn Charbonneau, and this is my partner Ditto. This is my first time attempting to brew boba tea of my own, so please bear with me. I hope we can appease your tastebuds."

He wanted to keep his introduction short and sweet. It wasn't long until he took to his station and cleaned his hands and insisted the Ditto on the kitchenette do the same. Its stubby limbs soaked into the water and lathered themselves with the utmost care. Unlike most, it seemed odd that this Ditto didn't seem to have its dumb smile. Instead its mouth drew into a flat line as though it seemed to concentrate. As the pair flipped through a cookbook, Schuyler pointed at one particular recipe and the Ditto gave a simple "ito" as a reply.

A splash of chocolate syrup was added to accent the cup first and foremost. Tapioca pearls were poured carefully into a cup and then met with a black tea base. Vanilla almond milk blended with the tea, and soon flavors of strawberry and banana were blended into the mixture. Perhaps on the sweeter side, he hoped that the blend would be enough to impress.

"A simple strawberry banana split treat meant to offer a sense of childlike wonder. I opted for almond milk in place of regular milk to hopefully compliment the strawberry and banana."

huAE7MdB

⚰︎ divider made by milky!

@bubble tea brewing showdown

close tab

played by

red

scarlet dove
she/her
January 21
Laverre City
bisexual
assassin
grunt
now everything
is down in flames
5'10" height
5'10" height
from the very beginning you have utterly failed to take action.
awards
194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @camellia
Camellia Lemaitre
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2023 0:58:02 GMT
Camellia Lemaitre Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","clt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

Camellia signed up for the bubble tea brewing contest out of sheer curiosity and fun. It presented a potential challenge for a mixologist like her, working at a bar and concocting brews. It was a far cry from her normal job — when she told @topher, she imagined he was a bit surprised she was doing something so mundane.[break][break]

Standing in front of the judges, she bowed her head, speaking in a thick Kalosian accent. "Good morning. My name is Camellia, and my partner is my Typholosion, a Hisuian variant, Elias. We look forward to demonstrating our skill to you today."[break][break]

Her Pokemon let out a grunt beside her before they walked to their station.[break][break]

The first tea was freestyle. So, Camellia decided to make something simple — a favorite of hers. Coffee flavored milk tea, using a Kalosian brew. Her Pokemon's natural heat was useful with melting down the sugars for the tapioca pearls. The sweetness would mix in nicely with the bitter coffee flavor.[break][break]

And, of course, the milk would cut the sharp coffee bitter bite down.[break][break]

And to decorate, some sweet cream and espresso powder on top.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]individuals present

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
BUBBLE TEA BREWING SHOWDOWN - prompt one complete

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.clt2] --accent: #e0667a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.clt2 .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.clt2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.clt2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.clt2 span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 .pkmn .grey1] filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.clt2 .pkmn.grey1 img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; filter: grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
iIGWiLNt
close tab

played by

newt

he/they
july 7
verdanturf town
pansexual
cafe worker
trainer
goodbye, ms. flower thief.
awards
40 posts
REESE RHODES DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @reese
REESE RHODES
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2023 1:13:06 GMT
REESE RHODES Avatar
it's been quite some time since reese last participated in a contest. he'd thought this would be an easy way of dipping his toes back in the water, and yet his legs shake as he approaches the stage. his roserade beside him, in contrast, is buzzing with excitement, ready to be back in the spotlight. guilt lances through reese as he remembers how they used to participate in contests together, and how his partner used to have so much fun.

they try to shake themself out of it. stepping up in front of the judges, they try not to fidget with the sleeves of their sweater. it's hard to look everyone in the eye. "h-hi, so... i'm reese, and this is one of my partners, petal," they say. god they hope nobody here recognizes them, neither the other contestants nor the judges (however unlikely that is, since anyone who keeps up with contests on social media will likely know his name at least). "today, we're... going to be making honey milk tea, with accents of rose and mint, and, um... brown sugar pearls." he'd played with the recipe until he'd gotten it the way he likes it.

first, he reduces some sugar and honey into a sticky-sweet syrup in a heated pan. while that's simmering, he boils some water for the black tea, letting it come to just under a boil before he pours it over the packet of rose and mint tea. in another bowl he mixes together half-and-half and sweetened condensed milk until it's frothy. a little bit of extra honey goes in to cover the bottom of the cup, and then he pours the brown sugar pearls in. as he goes, he explains what he's doing, feeling a little more at home now on the stage. the honey syrup he just made takes up about one fifth of the cup.

once the tea is finished steeping, he pours it in until it's over halfway full. next comes the milk mixture, which mingles with the golden liquid as reese stirs it. ice comes next, just four ice cubes to make sure it's chilly when the judges try it. for the finishing touch, their roserade uses sweet scent, a few of its petals wafting along on the breeze. reese takes a few of them and drops it on top, then sticks the straw in.

"...and that's how it's done."
[ outfit ref! ]
fXoTWq1Q
close tab

played by

ninestarryskies

Lusia
They/Them
January 9
Veilstone City, Sinnoh
Bisexual
Scientist
n/a
0 height
0 height
awards
11 posts
Lusia Stella DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lusia
Lusia Stella
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2023 5:50:15 GMT
Lusia Stella Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunstest3"]
[attr="class","body"]
[break][break]

LUSIA LOOKED a bit nervous as the crowd tittered with excitement. They'd signed up for this contest on a whim, thinking it would be a private affair with a judge or two, but it seemed all of Lilycove City and a large chunk of the rest of Hoenn's population had shown up to watch. It was hard to fathom what could be so exciting about watching people partnered with Pokemon cooking up something as simple as bubble tea for so many people; certainly some people had niche interests, but this was a huge turnout for this sort of event, Lusia felt.[break][break]

Specter, the Hisuian Zorua, perched perfectly on the countertop in front of Lusia, eating up the attention and basking in the crowd even as the introductions went down the line and each pair got the crowd's attention one by one. The time was approaching for Lusia to introduce themself and their Pokemon, so Lusia cleared their throat, stood up a little straighter, and adjusted their glasses with a grip around the frames.[break][break]

"..Hello, everyone, my name is Lusia. I'm from Veilstone City in Sinnoh and.. I like tea..." They trailed off, unsure of what else to say, when Specter puffed out her chest and barked sharply to get their attention. Oh, this is Specter! She's a.. Zorua, as you can.. clearly see." It was quite obvious that Lusia was unused to public speaking.[break][break]

Once the all clear was given and everyone was introduced, the participants were told to get cooking, and Lusia opted to ignore the audience entirely and focus on making tea the way they liked best. They started off by grabbing a simple kettle and filling it with water, setting the temperature to 181 degrees, then retrieved the tea ingredients. Lusia preferred matcha tea, so they grabbed the tin of ceremonial grade matcha powder from the shelf, measuring out precisely two tablespoons of the powder and leveling them off before dumping them into their chosen display glass. Too late, they realized they should likely have mixed the drink in a different container to avoid clumping.[break][break]

Once the water was steaming and the kettle beeped that it was ready, Lusia grabbed the kettle by the insulated handle and poured the boiling water over the powder, just a little at first, and mixed it in with a fancy stirrer. Once it looked like the powder was incorporated properly, Lusia drizzled honey inside and kept stirring, adding a bit more hot water from the kettle to help the sugary liquid dissolve.[break][break]

Finally, when the honey and matcha powder were dissolved completely, and the glass was about one-fourth of the way full, Lusia remembered that their Pokemon was supposed to help, and asked Specter to bring them the coconut milk. The Pokemon did so with a flourish, not wanting to forget the watching crowds, and nearly dropped the carton. Lusia snagged it out of the air, earning a smattering of applause from the few people that noticed the near miss, and they topped off the drink with the coconut milk. It turned a lovely pale sage green color. Lusia gently dumped the black boba pearls into the drink, careful not to make it overflow, and placed a pink straw into the glass.

[break][break]

NOTES

WTg|deJ0

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".gunstest3"]--accent:#66c2ff;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Jun

Blaze, Ash
He/Him
July 15
Hau'oli City
Experimenting, but boys.
Petty Thief/odd jobs kid
Civilian of dubious means
If you want to be strong, learn to fight alone!
awards
245 posts
Asher Baran DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun3
Asher Baran
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2023 3:15:52 GMT
Asher Baran Avatar

Asher and buddy arrived to the large warehouse where the contest was being held. There was quite the the crowd around, so he didn't entirely know how to respond to this. Upon entering and seeing the rows of stations, this was definitely a pro setup.  He was a kid...how was he to compete with all these adults on something that wasn't Pokemon related? Well, he wasn't one to give up. So just give it his all! The red head did have a good amount of respect for 's response to her own question. Since...well...why not? He wholeheartedly agreed with the lady. Honestly, the drink was so flexible that there was something for everyone. If he had any money, he would have invested in the company after he got some drinks from other Rocket members that swore by it.

Before he knew it, it was time for introductions! There was quite a few participants, but he did recognize at least one, . Well, maybe afterwards they could catch up with some tea or something. "Hello ladies and gentlemen! I am Asher Beran, and this here is Bones, my Alolan Marowak and buddy! Glad to be here!" His shiny Alolan Marowak also waved at the audience. Now it was time to think and plan. He didn't opt to tell everyone his plans like some of the others. But that was also probably because he didn't entirely know what he wanted to do. The first round was a free-for-all. 

And so it starts! He wanted to go with something sweet, but also festive. Fall...pumpkins...pumpkin spice! "Bones...I have an idea...pumpkin spice." With a resolute nod from his assistant, they went to work! Starting with the type of tea. This...soon got derailed pretty quickly. White tea was the first step. Then using coconut milk to add to it. He loved coconut milk back home! Add a dash cinnammin, then the pumpkin pudding. With some popping boba and some whip cream, here he had it! Ash did see something of interest...perhaps he could use the Bouncsweet sweat drink in a later part of the competition...

jgcO7X|x

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,295 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2023 15:09:19 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisetest3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Going in front of crowds still made her nervous, but ths was the chance to show the audience that she did have the skills to make bubble tea like many of the popular places would make. Her assistant floats near her to make the royal Galarian ambassador feel more comfortable in walking to the kitchen arena filled with other people there. One of them was the former Galarian Ambassador and her elder cousin, , who was with his adorable shiny Applin. Elise gives both Remiel and Herrschel a wave of hello before turning to the crowd of people in the audience seats a deep bow of her head and a curtsy with her long-sleeved white and black dress. Around her neck was a black choker with a red red rose at the front.[break][break]

After all, she had to act like the prim and proper princess she was raised to be as the dark magenta haired royal princess makes her introduction in front of the watching crowd. “Good morning, my name is Elise Calcifet.” She starts with regal grace befitting of a well bred Galarian gentlewoman before waving a hand to her floating pink colored ghostly companion. “And this is my faithful royal butler, Chamomile. Say hello to the audience, would you?” Chamomile greets the audience with a bow and flourish with his kettle lid before the two of them would go on to make their bubble tea.[break][break]

Back home, her mother had always made taro milk bubble tea without fail for her to enjoy on the porch of their home. The royal tries to make the same recipe her mother taught her on her own with pouring the taro milk tea and finishing it off with adding lychee popping boba in the drink.[break][break]

u4BHRrsu

@bubbletea [break][break]

NOTES

- Elise's outfit

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3"]--accent:#D0BDF0;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2023 16:27:47 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"hello, i'm kyle and, uh..." he turns to his side. "this is obstagoon."

kyle is used to cameras by now, though it doesn't mean he actually cares enough to be good in front of it. still, he adds more words for the bare minimum expected from a contestant of a show. after all, underperforming is equivalent to standing out.

"eyes on us if you want a show. or not. can't really force you to keep your attention on me, right, judges?"

kyle does his work quietly, although it's mostly his obstagoon doing most of the work with prep work with careful cuts of its claws (cleaned). as the pokemon prepares vanilla, cinnamon and other spices associated with similar drinks, kyle heads back to his station bringing sweets from the pantry.

he cracks a piece of chocolate in half and then breaks off two pieces. one goes in his mouth, and the other is held until he orders his pokemon. "open wide." he tosses the chocolate to his obstagoon's mouth, who carries on with the everything that would go in their base tea.

he's not really sure what he'd call it. it's a mishmash of everything he found lying around that caught his attention anyways.

V1OVvlOk

@tags
close tab

played by

Aria

Red
She/Her/Her
March 14
Shalour City, Kalos
bicurious
Fashion Designer
Grunt
Single
19 height
19 height
What fire does not destroy, it hardens
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mirabella
Mirabella Fontaine
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2023 5:43:57 GMT
Mirabella Fontaine Avatar
I'm Good at Being Bad
template by Punki of Pixel Perfect
tags tags tags
The Competition was just as fierce as the fashion industry however Mirabella kept her composure. She noticed  and  despite her zeal to win she hoped they would put a serious challenge it would the glory or defeat that much more appeal.  She wasn't quite as familiar with bubble tea as others but was sure her cooking skills would be subpar.  Once she was her time the woman slap her together.  "Hi, Everyone! I'm Mirabella and this was my cutiepie Mocha!"

The shadow pokemon seemed cold as ice cream blizzard and beyond twisted in the mind and body however she was a vain beast. She demanded perfection smiling dryly the fairy type bowed blowing a sweet kiss towards the judges and crowd. "Awe, she loves you guys already. We hope to show everyone the proper way we kalosian make bubble tea."

Mirabella was calmed walkedinto the kitchen taking out a assortment of strawberries, sugar,  tapioca pearls, milk, vanilla extract, and whipping cream. Then picked a sauce pan the woman carefully added a half dozen strawberries into it and some sugar. She cooked them on low allowed the fruit to thaw out slowly then with a spoon she lightly mash the berries.

After sometime she moved the pan pour it's contents the blender and turned it once watching as it turned into a purée. "Well now let's set that aside to look for a bit to cool"  Then used another pan Mirabella began to boil the tapioca pearls with a light dapple of sugar and stirred them until they had soften after stain them she again set them aside to cool. 

"Now it's time for fun part."  In pitchershe pour milk, vanilla exact, and whipping cream into mixed them together. She took a few glasses adding the tapioca pearls equally added the strawberry purée a few ices cube and vanilla cream drink. She finishes with a little extra strawberries on top. She lookes on her perfectly crafted drink hoping the judges would like it as well. "I called it The Crimson Crimson Crusade. A nice twisted to the standard milk bubble tea wouldn't, you say?"

Outfit/ Hairpins
gvDArqwg