Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
A keen mind cuts deeper than even the sharpest sword.
awards
1,015 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
Steel Chef Cooking Contest
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2023 18:06:54 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]STEEL CHEF COOKING CONTEST

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

MINI-EVENT
ENDS APRIL 9TH 11:59 PM PST

EXPOSITION

A COOKING CONTEST IS BEING CONDUCTED IN LILYCOVE CITY, sponsored by the Iron Lady Forge run by . In honor of Lilycove City's status as an important coastal city and port in the region of Hoenn, all participating cooks will compete against each other in a multi-course cook-off to create several delicious seafood and/or ocean-themed dishes. Each contestant may bring one (and only one!) Pokemon partner as a sous chef to assist with their cookery.[break][break]

Judging will be performed by well-known Lilycove restauranteurs and chefs, who will assess each dish based on taste, presentation, technique, and creativity. The winner will be crowned the STEEL CHEF.[break][break]

The Iron Lady Forge will supply high-quality, hand-forged chef's knives, cleavers, paring knives, tongs, kitchen shears, and other essential culinary tools crafted from the finest steel to be used by any interested participants. All participants will be able to take home a favorite knife or utensil from the Iron Lady Forge if they choose.[break][break]

INTRODUCTION

]

WELCOME, CONTESTANTS!

ALL THOSE WHO CHOOSE TO SIGN UP and enter the cooking competition will be ushered into a large warehouse near the Lilycove City harbor reserved for the occasion. Inside the warehouse, all the chefs will be assembled within a high-ceilinged, cavernous kitchen space equipped with numerous rows of prep and cooking stations, one for each chef to use.[break][break]

There, you are all greeted by a red-haired woman with an eyepatch over her right eye: the host of this contest, . She smiles warmly at you and shakes your hand, before stepping back to address the entire group of contestants.[break][break]

"Welcome to the Steel Chef cooking contest!" she welcomes you all. With a flourish of her arm, she performs a low, sweeping bow to you all. "All of you will compete together and test your culinary skills, knowledge, and creativity to create delicious dishes that could be called artistic creations.[break][break]

"Who among you will distinguish yourself as the truly invincible culinary masters? What inspiration will you bring to this challenge? Whose cuisine will reign supreme? The heat will be on, and our palates are ready!"
She breaks into a wide, enthusiastic grin and raises one fist high in salute. "As they say in Kalos...allez cuisine!"

SPONSORSHIP

The Steel Chef Cooking Contest has been sponsored and aided by the following businesses, whose generosity has helped make this contest possible:
[attr="class","ynospace"]

GUIDELINES

HOW TO PARTICIPATE

TO PARTICIPATE, please read the following questions carefully:[break][break]

• To join the contest, please post before the deadline specified at the bottom of this post.
  • The cooking contest will feature several rounds with deadlines.
  • Each round will feature a prompt to fulfill (a theme ingredient that must be included in the dish that your character must prepare and cook on the spot).
  • Each contestant must post once per round and make a roll at the end. If you miss a round, you won't be disqualified, but your chances to win will be lower. The roll will represent the judges' opinion of the contestant's dish.
  • At the end of the contest, the contestant with the highest roll total will be the winner. Therefore, please add up all your rolls at the end of each post.
  • Winning the contest will give your character a Clever Pokemon Contest win.

ROUND PROMPT AND DEADLINE

ROUND PROMPT [break]AND DEADLINE

THE FIRST ROUND PROMPT is an introductory round.

Please post your character introducing themselves and their Pokemon partner, if any, to the judges. This is your time to impress the judges with your culinary knowledge, experience, and imagination![break][break]

In your post, please also state what your character's favorite and/or signature dish is, whether to cook or eat.
DEADLINE IS[break]FRIDAY, MARCH 10TH, AT 11:59 PM PST.

REWARDS

REWARDS

The winning contestant will receive the title of STEEL CHEF and receive a Clever Pokemon Contest win.[break][break]

In addition, the winner of each individual round will receive a special prize:[break][break]

• First round prize: One rowap berry
  • Second round prize: One sparkling dust
  • Third round prize: One rainbow shard
  • Fourth round prize: One gachapon ticket
  • Fifth round prize: One salac berry

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2023 19:41:42 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Did Isaac know the first thing about capital C cooking? Hell no! But went crazy for his brookies, he'd helped be a sexy ingredient-holder for far more talented companions like and , and he was hell bent on beginning the journey of making vegetables that didn't immediately force poor Reiner to eat. Besides, he was a bartender! That was just cooking with nothing but liquids! He'd be fine![break][break]

Sure, his eye still wasn't perfect. But hey, he was only going to be handling a lot of fire and knives. It'd be fine![break][break]

He emerged from the back, realizing all too late that he was the first person to show up. Seriously? Aurelie couldn't give him a warning or anything? No fair. Regardless, he was all smiles as he tightened his apron and adjusted his chef's hat, fully ready to play up the role for the eager crowd. Between his Silph Cup championship, his Beginner Contest victory, and the spectacle he and had put on over in Ever Grande, he actually had some D-list level of attention on him now. Success![break][break]

"How're you all doing tonight, everyone?" Isaac asked, giving the crowd a little chance to get their polite cheers (and one guy going "Awful!") out of their system. "Isaac's the name, cooking's my game, and tonight we're gonna be whipping up some meals as good as gold for an iron lady. Perhaps you'll even see our signature brookies tonight."[break][break]

"Now, who's we, you ask?" Isaac whipped his hat off in a flourish, revealing a shining Fennekin underneath the hat. She tossed her head, sparkles of light shimmering off of her silver fur, before leaping off of Isaac's head and sticking a perfect landing. How the Fennekin was hiding under there without distorting the hat in any fashion was a mystery, one likely involving a timely Ally Switch. "Meet my lovely assistant for the night, Miyuki. She and I make a real mean team down at Slateport's own Howling at the Moon."[break][break]

As if demonstrating her abilities, Miyuki lifted a thermos of water with Psychic power, shaking it as one might shake up a cocktail. "When it comes to whipping up something delicious with a story and a smile, you couldn't ask for a better pair. Make sure you pop on down sometime. We'd love to see you."[break][break]

In a continued demonstration, her eyes lit up, a pair of Will-o-Wisps dancing around the thermos. They traveled up and down, giving it an even, gentle heating. Slowly, the sound of sloshing water gave way to the hissing sound of steam. Content, she lobbed the ball over to Isaac, who (wearing oven mitts, thankfully!) caught it and unscrewed the top. A cloud of steam wafted out from the thermos, completely emptied without an inch of the metal getting burned. "Buuuut I know you're not here to see magic tricks. You're here to see us get cookin'."[break][break]

He wagged his finger, smirking. "You're gonna have to wait just a little bit longer. Trust me, there's a lot of chefs back there, and they've got some killer stuff to show off. So give 'em some cheers and get ready for a hell of a show!" He motioned to the entrance he'd previously come from, then surrendered the spotlight to head over to his cooking station.[break][break]

A0X8vJiv

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST / M-M-M-M-MEGATHREAD

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
A Beacon of Safety during times of War
awards
733 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2023 20:27:32 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar

It’s just like at the Gym, just like at the gym. She reminded herself. But unlike at the Gym she stuck out like a sore thumb.

Her usual Jester make-up adorned her face, though her usual fancy costume had been changed with something a bit more grounded, down to earth. Still, looking very much like a Jester, but now with an Apron and a hat to fit. The Apron itself was in essence one big advertisement for Joyland, her amusement park. The large Bewear Mascot adorning most of the Apron.

By her side the Mascot itself stood, clad in a fancy suit with a Bow-tie and the same Apron as its trainer.

Isaac the Bewear gave Isaac the human a neat little fist-bump as the first contender went to the stage, and it was quick to shove its own trainer out right after.

And the moment she walked out onto the stage one nervous Johanna was switched with the brave and outgoing JESTER QUEEN OF JOYLAND.

“HELLO HELLO HELLO!” Johanna’s voice rang loud and clear. “My name is Johanna Joy, but some might better know me as Queen of Joyland, the most wondrous place in Hoenn!” Both trainer and Pokémon bowed extravagantly.

“As royalty I will admit, I am not often found preparing my own food!” With a hand on her chest, she played the role of reluctant ruler perfectly. “Even when it comes to whipping up my beloved ‘Heaven on Earth’ Cake, I must ask for help. But today I shall do my best! But fear not, for I’ve brought my very own assistant!”

And with that she took a moment to step aside and gesture for the Tux-wearing Bewear. “Meet Isaac! Whether it be cream that needs whipping, dough that needs pounding or pie that needs filling, Isaac here can do it all.”

“And with that I shall not take any more of your time. There’s lots of cooks to be introduced after all!”

V|W6u5uj

MISSION: Steel Chef Cooking contest.

@tag

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2023 20:50:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","elio"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Elio wasn't a professional chef, not by a long shot. But having professional chefs cook your meals every night for most of your life often made you curious about how things worked at some point. Learning from some of the best money could buy didn't mean you were the "best", however.
[break][break]
But the blond-haired man was quite sure he was more capable than most. He could definitely cook more than a grilled cheese sandwich and absolutely loved baking. In fact, he promised Genny that he would make her some desserts - something he intended to keep his promise on.
[break][break]
While it wasn't his original intention to join a cooking contest of all things. Here he was regardless, a pleasant and confident smile on his face - despite feeling a tiny bit nervous. Well, he supposed it was time to put his skills to the test!
[break][break]
"Hey, the name's Elio DaCosta! I'm a big fan of cooking, and you won't find many people who are more skilled at baking than me! Give me the ingredients and I can whip up practically any baked dish! Just having a taste of my Kalos-styled soufflé au chocolate will blow your socks off!"
[break][break]
He gestured to the Pawniard that he subtly released from behind his back from its Pokeball. It gave a cry and crossed its sharp arms - staring menacingly at the judges.
[break][break]
"Meet Nobunaga, my Pokemon assistant for this evening! He's a master at slicing and dicing and better than any blade." He grinned and gave a light bow. "Now I won't eat up more of your time, there are plenty more cooks to meet and greet, so, C'est ça!"

[break][break]
ZijhwpHm

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]@cookingevent [break]
[attr="class","pokesprite pokemon pawniard"]

[newclass=".elio"]--accent:#7b6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".elio blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".elio .icon"]background-image:url(https://img.nickpic.host/QlFknF.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-60px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:100px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".elio blockquote b, .squarecard blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .elio blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .elio blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".elio .top"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 60px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 8px 8px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".elio .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 310px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 35px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 8px 8px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".elio .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]

[break][break]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2023 21:36:02 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"welcome, all of you, to SYLVEON's victory!" pippa exclaimed proudly as she entered the competition's center stage. although she was used to having others cook for her, she was comfortable enough with the knowledge of culinary arts to accommodate for a good dish or two. this was brought on by her new engagement and the push on herself to cook better and give gifts of food to her loved ones. tailing her was her sylveon that she announced before even herself, donning a small chef ensemble - hat and apron wrapped and placed comfortably on his body. the ribbon pokemon struck a pose with his trainer following suit, effectively forming a combined 'W' for 'win' as the pink woman finished up their introduction with a quaint: "pippa and sylveon, ready to cook up a storm!" with flick and a twist, they hoped out loud: "we hope to provide you all with a gourmet twist on our favorite: honey roasted quaxly, not exactly seafood but a sea-faring animal served fresh with some fruit salad perfect to bring to the beach for a picnic!"
[break]

⚰︎ divider made by milky!

@ contest

R0y72Xe3
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2023 21:39:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar
micah was more than happy to join the competition with her new nihilego following behind her. the large jellyfish-like pokemon had an equally large chef hat that sat around its blob-like head and it carried various cooking tools in its many tentacles. it seemed to be the star chef here while micah was its hype man. "let loose and witness the culinary prowess of jelly and micah!" the nihilego warbled a bit angrily at this name, micah giving a soft 'oh, not that one either huh?' as she struck out yet another name off the list of possible titles for the ultra beast. waving that away, she announced their favorite dish - something they hoped to make: "together we'll be making our seafood favorite - magikarp sashimi!" [break]

@ contest

cJTyRStl
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2023 21:47:49 GMT
Deleted Avatar
kara was sporting her twin torchics in the wicker basket she wore on her back. the two chicken-type pokemon chirped happily as she approached the center stage of the contest and she couldn't help but smile as she let them roam about the small cooking station she would be taking up for the time being. "i'm kara from the ranch down a ways back," she introduced herself plainly, motioning vaguely around her as to insinuate that she knows nobody really cared to figure out where that was exactly. "if you're interested in farm fresh ingredients, however, come visit us down at mellowfields!" so basically, this was all a big advertisement for the rancher who started to already run through a list of dishes through her mind. she wasn't quite sure if outside ingredients would be allowed but she had a reservoir of eggs and meat to show off at the ready and just waited for the announcement of the first proper round as she put away one of the twin torchics to accomodate for the one pokemon sous chef rule. as she did this, a little smoliv popped its head out and made itself known which caught kara off guard since she assumed it had stayed back at the ranch. as it started to sob as if angry that it was 'left behind' when it had been pestering kara to let it stay behind and play with the other ranch pokemon, she sighed and simply tried to calm down and swaddle the plant-based pokemon. this was coming out to be a right mess, wasn't it? oh well. "although it may be a bit simple, we'll try to spice up a variation of our favorite - egg fried rice with tentacool."[break]

@ contest

7EUIXyob
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
But I, I will, go on howling and hollow
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2023 22:17:19 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]
[attr="class","ashley1body"]

This was the bread and butter of the bread and butter, the creme de la creme, the ten out of ten. This is what he's been waiting for, what its all about. With it, he went all out. A chef outfit, a white 4-way apron, and most of all, the piece de resistance, the chef hat. It's big, its poofy, its every bit the stupidest part of the whole outfit, but it ties everything together, really.[break][break]

But what is a chef without his co-chef, standing behind him was the dwarfing Rillaboom, in a chef outfit with the sleeves ripped off, and a chef hat of his own. Bongo stands strong, no drum sticks, but at attention, flexing his overgrown gorilla musculature as Ashley throws a finger upwards, the next on the stage.[break][break]

"Sup everyone. Name's Ashley, and this is Bongo. I could come out and make an announcement about how I'll floor these chefs, but they are all capable people in their own right. I am humble to be able to cook with such people!" This was where he starts, a humble person, a flexing gorilla behind him wearing a silly chef had.[break][break]

Ashley grins. His confidence not wavering in the slightest as he throws a fist into an open palm. "I dedicate tonight to my partner, who without I would likely not be here." He says sweetly, a big sunny smile on his face as he places a hand on his heart, only to return to his demeanor from before. Confidence still exuding from his very soul.[break][break]

never once left his mind.[break][break]

"Bongo here has helped me in the kitchen for years, and is a master at the craft. But he was a little smaller back then, now he's become more Ramsey than I ever could." Bongo fires off a smile with his teeth glimmering in the light as he flexes. "Me myself, I've watched food channels, bought a number of books, cooked from sushi off the coast of Hoenn, to boeuf bourguignon off within the city of lights in Kalos, to Unovan-style pizza over across the sea. Either way I see it, enjoy the show!" He mimics Bongo in the same exact way, flexing his own musculature, and while smaller than the gorilla, it is at least impressive to look at.[break][break]

OFUYTO8v
[break]

@tag[break][break]

NOTES

- OUTFIT, HAT[break]
- Ashley and Bongo introduce themselves; dedicates today to Kepler.[break]
- Shows his knowledge from Hoenn, to Kalos, to Unovan-styled dishes, and his experience.[break]
- BONGO ASHLEY DOUBLE FLEX! They are both this stupid, yes.

[attr="class","ashley1pkmn"]

[attr="class","ashley1credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".ashley1"]--accent:#4066E0;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,668 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2023 15:59:55 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

As a frequent customer of Iron Lady Forge, Zev decided that participating in 's cooking contest would be good marketing his bar and improve his relationship with the weaponsmith. Wearing a T-shirt sporting Howling at the Moon's logo on the back, Zev stepped onto the stage with a beaming, dimpled smile and his Ambipom at his side.[break][break]

"Good morning, Lilycove!" Zev exclaimed, holding up a hand in greeting. He waited a moment for the crowd's cheers and claps to die down. "Zev Harcourt here, owner of the Slateport City bar Howling at the Moon, with my trusty kitchen partner, Ambipom."[break][break]

He offered his hand to the Long Tail Pokémon, who gave him a low five with one of her tails.[break][break]

"Together, we make all kinds of delicious dishes, but my favorite is this Kantonese recipe my mother used to make called yan du xian. It's a warm, hearty soup full of pork, dumplings, and vegetables. She'd cook it all the time, even when my brother and I had grown."[break][break]

Zev paused for dramatic effect, taking the time to sweep his eyes over the crowd just in case had shown up at the event.[break][break]

"She died during the war," Zev continued, more solemnly, allowing his smile to falter just enough for keen-eyed audience members to catch it. "I cook it now to honor her memory."[break][break]

A ripple of murmurs washed through the crowd. From what he could hear, they were sounds of empathy.[break][break]

Zev restored his smile after a second. "Anyway, Ambipom and I are happy to be here! I've been cooking for over a decade now, so I'm sure I'll be able to whip up something that will wow not only the judges but all you lovely people, too."[break][break]

With a wink and a wave, he stepped aside so the next contestant could take the stage.[break][break]

Kv570g2p

[attr="class","ooc"]

NOTES

TOTAL SCORE: 78

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.zev2]--accent:#975fb2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.zev2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2023 14:21:56 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
At first, the crowd gasps.

Is that really GALARIAN PRINCE walking out onto the stage before them? After a string of publicized drama regarding him and the royal family, it seemed unusual for the man to participate in something like this. And, to those within TEAM ROCKET, the act no doubt came off as a bold taunt for his would-be assassins. But, regardless of all that, the crowd eventually explodes with claps and cheers.

He was a hero of the ULTRA BEAST WAR after all, was he not? And his public appearances had been scarce since then. Nevertheless, the severe expression on his countenance, and the sharp clap he issues, both put an end to it all.

Donning the timeless clothing ensemble of a chef, the prince gives the last of the cheering and clapping a moment to fizzle out as he regards the audience with his nonchalant expression. A SHINY CERULEDGE, in the meantime, stands at his flank with twin blades crossed behind it. Before too long, the former speaks, regarding the judges in particular with his eyes.

"There is no art more exquisite and ideal than that of creation," He begins. "And the ancient practice of cooking exemplifies that. My name is and tonight CATALINA and I hope to do this noble art justice with a personal favorite of mine: the Bouffalant Bourguignon." The Kalosian accent he laid thick just then: flawless. Afterward, the two take a slow and polite bow in tandem. "Thank you for having us."

RmqtfvgO

STEEL CHEF COOKING CONTEST

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2023 18:51:26 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisetest3"]
[attr="class","body"]

She had learned how to cook her mother’s dishes whenever she got the chance at home, so this cooking contest was a way for her to test her cooking skills for the judges. The crowd begin to murmur over the princess’ presence as one of the participants as she would have been assumed to have trouble cooking since most of the servants have done the cooking for her. Her shiny Fennekin was there as her helper for the dish they were preparing together though the shiny fire type would be the one to help raise the temperature.[break][break]

“Tonight’s dish that I will prepare is a dish one of my mother’s friends had taught her how to cook and now, I will show you all how it is done.” She spoke to the crowd of people while the royal was wearing a chef’s uniform and hat to lay down the pot with soup and the ingredients on the table. “Seafood pho is a noodle soup with Clauncher meat and topped with greens. I hope it will be to the judges’ liking.” [break][break]

xOiyKPap

@cookingevent [break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3"]--accent:#d143d8;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2023 20:11:29 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Oh, this would be spicy.

Chu-e strolls onto stage right as they're about to move to the next round. He's wearing a Skitty themed apron, bright pink and frilly. One of the lovely knives is picked up and he begins to idly toss it in the air, flipping the knife to catch it back by the handle with deft fingers.

"Hi everyone! I'm Chu-e Choi! I'm a criminal!" The crowd looks confused, but Chu-e just smiles through it. A few in the crowd start to whisper as they recognize the name. Some look angry.

"I'm here with my wonderful and amazing partner: Creams!" The Shiny Lopunny gives a little bow. She also has on a matching Skitty themed apron as he trainer.

"Hmm... I wouldn't really say I have a signature dish, I'm just a hobbyist home cook, but I do cook a lot of Tteokbokki. It's my favorite snack!"

3E3Y1qOG
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2023 22:32:38 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
What little restraint is in Skyler Dross's possession is fully put to the test when 's speech echoes through the warehouse. 

"You're welcome, princeling."

Leaning against her very own cooking station, ship captain Skyler is a study in blasé brashness. Her rough edges a delicious contrast to the prince's polished presentation.

At her side, bristling as if ready to wage war on any unfortunate interloper, is a deranged-looking Galarian Meowth. Captain and feline both don blue-themed bandanas around their foreheads, looking as if they might jump into a fighting ring at any given moment.

When it comes to her turn, no polite clapping can disguise the gasps of shock and horror from certain members of the audience. Being a local sailor - and a daily frequenter of the Lilycove docks - has ensured her infamy amongst some of those present.

Not as a pirate, no, but as the bane of all things culinary.

"'sup? I'm Captain Skyler Dross - and this is Captain Dorado." She salutes the audience with a sharp grin, mirrored by a well-meaning, yet still threatening Dorado, "And today I'll be cooking my specialty." Her only specialty, which had also on occasion sent people to the hospital with food poisoning. "Gulpin green egg sandwiches!"

cTB6uhSx

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2023 23:13:34 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelocam"]
Remember, Dross. If the judges are comatose after eating your sandwiches, it doesn't count.” Comes the competitive whisper uttered between Angelo to , as he passes his wife with a brush of his shoulder against hers. 

Angelo takes the front and centre stage next, wearing a charming smile as he ties taut the back strings of his apron. 

G'morning. I'm Angelo Vestri and this here is Sammy, my faithful assistant in the kitchen back home.

Standing at his ankles is a small Gulpin. Sammy's toque blanche is proudly placed atop his head like a cloud, carefully cleaned and pressed to creaseless perfection. It remains aloft with a flawless STICKY HOLD when he dips his head to the judges. 

As for my signature dish? I've got to keep some secrets for later.” His smile curls sharp at the corners, stirring clandestine intrigue as sweet as a dash of honey. “But we have been trying our hands at spaghetti al nero di seppia lately, using the fresh Inkay caught by our very own local Lilycovian fisherman.

Looking pointedly towards the familiar faces in the crowd, blue eyes acknowledge sailors and locals that frequent the docks in which he'd come to deal business in over the last few years. 

If you're feelin' inspired after this, go show our fish market some appreciation.” There's a rambunctious, hearty cheer from said stall owners amongst the spectators.

If there was a crowd vote, Angelo confidently thinks with internal smugness, he'll have it in the bag. 

tlKHLDiM

@steelchef
[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2023 7:34:24 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
Luka is, by all accounts, a horrible cook.[break][break]

It's not a subjective thing. Not an 'oh no, I'm not very good,' with a little teehee at the end. It's no joke, objectively terrible, monstrous cooking that'll leave someone with their stomach churning and only one thought in their head: how can somebody mess food up thisbadly?[break][break]

But even though by all accounts she should be in jail for food crimes, Luka is beaming out at the crowd, decked out in a frilly apron with her Blaziken at her side. He strikes a more imposing figure than the puffball of a girl next to him, though he sports an apron of his own, with the words GRILL DADDY emblazoned on the front in bold letters.[break][break]

"Hi, everyone! I'm Luka, and this is my partner Helios!"[break][break]

Her name gathers instant recognition from the ardent contest-goers in the crowd; a few fans even cheer her on, earning an abashed smile.[break][break]

"Ummm...well, to be honest, I'm not really much of a cook!" A lackluster way to start off a cooking contest, but she continues.[break][break]

"Instead, I'll be the sous for Helios." There's a bit of muttering from the crowd, mostly along the lines of: is that even allowed? But she's cute, so it seems that most are willing to let it slide.[break][break]

"Helios has been with my family since I was born," Luka goes on— hands clasped in front of her, eyes closed as if in prayer. "I still remember the taste of the home-cooked meals he would help my father and mother make when I was small. That nostalgic feeling is what I want to share with all of you today!" There's a certain heart-melting tenderness to her smile, though the Blaziken at her side simply breathes a puff of smoke and grunts.[break][break]

"Ah! Ummm...my favorite foods are sweets, but we've got lots of savory dishes planned too! I hope you don't mind a bit of travel, because we're going to share all the signature flavors of Kalos with you!"/font][break][break]

enWYbFvZ

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]