POSTED ON Feb 27, 2022 0:04:32 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]AUGMENTED UNREALITY

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

TIMELINE: LATE FEBRUARY/EARLY MARCH
SIGN-UPS

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/863736847678177301/947008401718771712/Lofty_Castle_Spyro_the_Dragon.mp3[/player]
[break]
Lofty Castle - Spyro the Dragon OST (keyboard)
[break][break]

YOU AWAKEN

A moment ago you were leading your normal life. Enjoying a dinner with someone, training a pokemon, maybe watching some trash TV. You blink and it's dark. A single light flashes above you. Pockets empty. Just the clothes on your back.[break][break]

Many things rush through your mind at once.[break][break]

Where are you? How did you get here? What can you do to get out?[break][break]

Trapped in a box.[break][break]

But, movement outside this metal prison.[break][break]

You're not alone.

THEME AND GOAL

WHAT IS THIS EVENT?

AUGMENTED UNREALITY is an event where players will work together to solve puzzles and keep secrets. AU is based off of classic ARGs, Analog Horror, Unreality Games, Unfiction, and classic Post-Reply style comics. Characters will be placed in an escape-room type situation and must figure out how to escape.[break][break]

Death can happen, but Death is NOT enabled for this event.[break][break]

The two main points of this event are Puzzles and Secrets.[break][break]

Puzzles are self explanatory. Each round will have various challenges that players will need to solve. Information and hints will not always be easy to find. Much like the recent YMCA Raid, needed information to progress could be obscured in the posts themselves. However, most of the information will be found on a single external website, which will be shown and revealed later.[break][break]

Secrets are the interesting part. Each character starts with one Secret, which will be sent in Discord DM to each person participating. Secrets can have various effects, from allowing advantages IC or hints OOC. Each player and character will gain a small bonus each round the longer their Secret stays safe. Your secondary goal to escaping is to keep your secret safe. If your secret is revealed either OOC or IC, you will lose your bonus, your extra effect, and you will face an IC punishment.[break][break]

To make searching for Secrets more tantalizing, the first person to discover a Secret will gain another bonus each round.[break][break]

RULES

SPECIAL STIPULATIONS

Each round, you must post at least once. It is possible to post multiple times each round, but you must use the ROLL command each time you post.[break][break]

Remember to work together OOC! Any drama that happens IC stays IC.[break][break]

With that in mind, do not share Secrets with each other.[break][break]

While this event is NOT Death Enabled, it is possible to fail the event. If you 'die', you will be kicked from the event.[break][break]

You must post at least once every deadline given. Failure to do so even once will eject you from the event. However, if you need an extension or can't post for some reason, please tell me and we can work something out![break][break]

Pokemon are not allowed and not needed for sign up.[break][break]

Avatar powers will not work for the duration of this event for characters that have them.[break][break]

Secrets can null any above rule.[break][break]

Hints and clues will only be found in the event thread (not this one!) and a specified place you will discover later. However, having basic knowledge of the plots and personality of the other characters involved in the event may also help![break][break]

It's okay to cry[break][break]

SIGN-UP

USE CODE BELOW

This code will determine who gets into the event and who doesn't! Please fill out each answer![break][break]
Tag: @ of participating character[break][break]
Answer IC - Keeping the Rules and setting in mind, how do you escape your box?:[break][break]
Answer IC - When was the last time you cried?:[break][break]
Answer IC - What would you be if you could be different?:[break][break]
Answer IC - Tempus Fugit:
[break][break]

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
✨ I'm addicted to shining and glowing
awards
2,667 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
Augmented Unreality - SIGN UPS!
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2022 0:15:38 GMT
mint frost Avatar
Tag: [break][break]
Keeping the Rules and setting in mind, how do you escape your box?:[break]
"Ask someone to let me out while simultaneously check the inside for edges to push or slide out with bejeweled butterfly knife so I can stab the person that may be responsible for putting me in there." [break][break]
When was the last time you cried?:[break] "Last week, while doing late night karaoke with " [break] [break]
What would you be if you could be different?:[break] "Strong." [break] [break]
Tempus Fugit: [break] "HEY GOOGLE..... cum ludis"
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,747 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2022 0:22:23 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
Tag:

Answer IC - Keeping the Rules and setting in mind, how do you escape your box?:
Movement outside... are there others outside? Look for an exit first and if nothing is found, call out to whoever's there on the outside. Since I'm not waking up, this is some Evergrande Church: Electric Boogaloo and someone else is probably stuck in a situation like this. Maybe we can share brain cells to get out of this...

Answer IC - When was the last time you cried?:
Probably this morning but I'm halfway ready to cry again right now :"D

Answer IC - What would you be if you could be different?:
A normal kid? Maybe one far from the conflict of League and Rocket? But we get what we get so... A fully-fledged scientist maybe?

Memento mori? Carpe diem? I don't know much latin but... if times wasting then we better do something?
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2022 0:29:08 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
Keeping the Rules and setting in mind, how do you escape your box?:
"Pay attention. Look for an exit. If there's none, find a weak point in the structure and push to open/break the box. If that also doesn't work, bribe whoever is outside to let me out. What good is having money if it can't get you out of sticky situations, right? Of course, afterwards I'd have a word with whoever put me there... To discuss improvements to their model, obviously c:"[break][break]
When was the last time you cried?:
"Can't remember, don't want to."[break][break]
What would you be if you could be different?:
"Why would I want to be different? I'm perfect."[break][break]
Tempus Fugit:
"Fugit inreparabile tempus, actually. Sad, isn't it, that we can never go back?"
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2022 0:31:57 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
Tag: [break]

Keeping the Rules and setting in mind, how do you escape your box?: Control the panic. Close your eyes. Listen. If you are not alone, who is with you? Call out, gently, into the darkness, and see what voice in the shadows beckons back. Follow it, despite the doubt that forms in your stomach, as there are no other leads to guide you. Every foundation has roots that ground it, somehow, somewhere; let your hands roam across every facet of the surface enclosed around you, nails searching for the first crack. From there, take hold: all else shall splinter and shatter at your touch.[break]

When was the last time you cried?: The last time you saw his face -- the face of the man you poisoned into an early grave. Your late husband, Bortiforte. He's dead, so why can he still hurt you?[break]

What would you be if you could be different?: Wiser.[break]

Tempus Fugit: Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere.
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2022 0:35:53 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar

Answer IC - Keeping the Rules and setting in mind, how do you escape your box?:[break][break]
"look for a possible latch... metal cannot break unless melted or sliced and without a pokemon, there are little options besides a latch securing an exit point or simply calling for help. if i cannot find a latch, i'll begin shouting."

Answer IC - When was the last time you cried?:[break][break]
"um... oh god, probably after returning from the second aqua assembly?"

Answer IC - What would you be if you could be different?:[break][break]
"powerful."

Answer IC - Tempus Fugit:[break][break]
"time is lost... which will never renew."
close tab

played by

evan

dr glynn
he/him
may 1st
circhester, galar
gay
ecological geneticist
civilian
mae pob lliw yn dod gyda stori
awards
44 posts
Cefin Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cefin
Cefin Glynn
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2022 0:53:44 GMT
Cefin Glynn Avatar
Answer IC - Keeping the Rules and setting in mind, how do you escape your box?:[break]
"Ah, well, I've never been one much for muscles and strength, so I suppose I couldn't break it or something like that. Perhaps look for a keyhole I could prod - or if the door had latches, perhaps I could jostle them with something."[break]
Answer IC - When was the last time you cried?:[break]
"Oh, probably yesterday. I cry very frequently. It's supposedly a "bad thing", right? But you just can't see a newly-hatched wild Taillow taking it's first flight without it's mother to guide it without tearing up a little..."[break]
Answer IC - What would you be if you could be different?:[break]
"I'm not sure I'd want anything to change majorly... a little more free time might be nice.[break]
Answer IC - Tempus Fugit:[break]
"Ha. Mae fy Lladin ychydig yn rhydlyd. Tempus pulchrum est?" [break]
close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2022 1:02:13 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
"H-Hello? Is anybody out there?!"
Locke cried out for help. What if no one came? The light. There had to be wires, right? And where there were wires, there had to be a hole. Small, but they could make it bigger. Kick it, tear it, find an exit even if they had to rip it out of the wall themselves.

Locke choked on another sob, rubbing at the tears in his eyes. How did it go? Head between their knees. In. Out. In. Out. Out. Out.

They needed to get out.

If only he were braver than this, he might focus long enough to manage on his own.

He's fifteen and trapped in a classroom closet.

He's twenty and trapped in a metal box.

"Time flies over us, but leaves its shadow behind."
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
say a prayer for the wicked
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2022 1:20:52 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Answer IC - Keeping the Rules and setting in mind, how do you escape your box?: "stay calm. look for any breaks or openings that can be used to an advantage. if someone comes along, use your seduction or words to sway them to free you. if no one comes by, determine if there's someting in your environment to get you free. that's how i was trained, after all."[break][break]
Answer IC - When was the last time you cried?: "why would i admit something so weak and pathetic to someone i hardly know?" but in her mind, she remembers when she broke down in 's arms during their outing at the new year festival.[break][break]
Answer IC - What would you be if you could be different?: as she thinks about it, she thinks: "free from these chains i'm bound in by the prescott name. a more caring and lovable being who's heart hasn't broken." not that she'd admit this aloud.[break][break]
Answer IC - Tempus Fugit: "it escapes, irretrievable time... time flies, doesn't it?" of course she's trained in ancient languages.
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2022 1:44:44 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar
Tag: of participating character[break][break]

There's...there's always a way out. Holes to slither through. Cracks to blast through. Drafts that you can sniff, can sense that, there is a way out. You just have...wait, you were thinking only of your Pokemon...there's nothing more to do then, except search with weak human hands, and howl like an animal. Perhaps you will be heard.

[break][break]

There's a difference between tears and crying, you think. You certainly shed tears on occassion, when your flesh tore, and bones broke...but you have never cried. Not when civilians (and battle partners) died, not when Orion was hurt, not when you died...it all lies in your stomach, desperately melting away, before it can overflow. You have not cried.

[break][break]
Answer IC - What would you be if you could be different?: Much would be different if you had a choice. You certainly wouldn't be yourself anymore. More pure, more powerful, you wouldn't need confusing speech to make yourself known. If there was one sticking point, you aren't certain you'd have your partners. Lars, Illeana, the Rangers...it likely wouldn't matter to them. [break][break]
Answer IC - Tempus Fugit: Time, and then something? Words always flew through your head, but this one is particularly bad. If only you had more time to understand...anything...
close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
as flies to wanton boys are we to the gods; they kill us for their sport
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2022 1:56:01 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

Close my eyes. Every body is a box. Every form we wear is a container. Your constraints do not make you weak-- they only teach you to be who you really are, not what you have. I am not afraid. No matter the size of this prison, the mind cannot be bound. In some ways, it's easier to be here.
[break][break]

When I first got this body, I think. Things changed forever that day. Someone made a sacrifice for me I'll never forget. I owe them everything.

Maybe I felt sorry for myself, too. It doesn't feel good to depend on anyone so much for something so significant. Joy, or pity? I'm not sure which it was.
[break][break]

Would? I will.

I will be my own self. I will be loved for who I am, not who I was. I will prove myself as much or better than the one who came before, and I will not be used again.

...But I wish I didn't need so much help. This is a path that is impossible to walk alone. If I could be different, I would give myself control. My fate is still in the hands of other people and Pokemon, from those who came before to those who will be. None of it is easy. None of it is guaranteed.

It's difficult to have free will. But that's what makes our choices matter.
[break][break]

...Latin, right? I think I figured it out. But time doesn't fly for me.

It festers.
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2022 2:17:12 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar
Answer IC - Keeping the Rules and setting in mind, how do you escape your box?: A moment ago Zac was sleeping soundly in the hollow of the giant plum tree in Oldale town. Now his tree, blanket of leaves, and his spooning partner Tapu Bulu were gone.

He sat up, rubbing his eyes as a single bleak light shined above.

"The old 'trapped in a box' dream, ay?" he said, looking around at the metal walls. As usual, his brain had filled in the bare minimum details. Blank walls, blank floor, and a bare lightbulb set into the ceiling. 

Zac heard crunching and mumbling from outside. Someone walking around, talking. "A guard, or a friend?" he asked out loud, because in dreams thinking and talking were one and the same. There was no reply from outside, so he banged on the walls. "Oi! Little help in here?" The sounds moved away quickly, as if whatever was outside the box went to find someone else. "Whelp, looks like it's down to me," Zac said, taking off his thick, canvas pants.

Zac looked up at the fluorescent bulb set just above his head. If his mind had added a lightbulb instead of a door, it meant that the lightbulb was the door, in some way or another. A burning hot and electrified door. 

He wrapped his hands in the thick canvas of his pants, and reached up to grab the light. He felt the warmth spreading through his hands, and he yanked down, pulling it free from its socket with a satisfying crunch of broken plastic.

Now there was a little hole in the roof, with sunlight shining through. The cabling for the light extended through the hole, and Zac hauled it inside, reeling in foot after foot of insulated copper wire. There was a shout of alarm from outside, and crunching footsteps.

"There we go, finally got some attention!"

Zac looked down at his hands wrapped, which still held the bulb. Burnt into his pants were three questions. In this dream state information flowed freely, and his thoughts appeared as words in his mouth before he could stop them.
[break][break]

"The last time? Definitely when helped me fix up my house. I had a bit of 'weather trouble' with some milk rain, and a horde of Pokemon trying to claim my shack as their bloody breeding ground. Michi swooped in and helped me fend 'em off. She's a real legend, and a true friend. Don't tell her I cried when she left, or she'll be weird about it next time."
[break][break]

"What's different? If I could be anything? Mate, I'm just happy to be me, doing what I do. I'm making the world a better place," Zac said. Then, a stray thought shot across his brain and out his mouth. "But sometimes I wish I was a giant Mantine, just swimming and soaring through the ocean. The ultimate mix and sea and sky. I've gotta get back into surfing again."
[break][break]

"Tempest fuggit? I don't know about all that. I'm a big fan of storms, if I'm being honest."
Meaning filtered into Zac's head.
"Oh! Yeah I'm still not with ya. Time flies just as much as it walks and crawls. You know what they say, 'Time flies like an arrow, Beautifly like a banana. Bahaha!"
close tab

played by

socks

litton wickham
he/him
september 25
lumiose city, kalos
???
webnovelist / council assistant
civilian
if desire is the heart’s intransigent verb.
awards
353 posts
nagi miwa DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nagi
nagi miwa
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2022 2:27:46 GMT
nagi miwa Avatar
"sherlock, why's your flame out?... wait, you're not—" a succession of breaths, each quicker than the last. the sound of shuffling, scrabbling, thumping, panicked hands finding somewhere to push or slide or pull. a held breath, silence, listening, and a tentative voice calling out: "is someone out there?"[break][break]
Answer IC - When was the last time you cried?: [break][break] "... chapter 549. writer's block. moving stress." [break][break]
Answer IC - What would you be if you could be different?:[break][break]"i'd be different. just... different." quieter. "someone who... won't be forgotten when they die." [break][break]
Answer IC - Tempus Fugit:[break][break]
"uh—" *plumbing the depths of his chuunibyou brain but the only latin he can come up with in his panic is audio, video, disco*

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2022 2:42:51 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"look for the weakest, least reinforced side and kick with all my might. doesn't work? wait for death."
[break][break]
"slateport."[break][break]
"i might've taken up computer science or something, but that's too much work."
[break][break]
"yes"
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2022 2:53:03 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
"ram my head against the wall and kick my feet against the oppositeone till I break down either."[break][break]
"yesterday when I pulled my groin lifting barbells and dropped on one my foot."[break][break]
"...a lucario."[break][break]
"tempus fug u"