Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
HBS - VOLUME 1 ISSUE 1
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2022 23:38:14 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[attr="class","vanpage"]
[attr="class","vantitle"]HOENN BROADCASTING INC.
[attr="class","vansub"]it's the people's right to know what's going on.
[attr="class","vanissuenum"]
[attr="class","vanball"]
[attr="class","vanissuemar"]MARCH 2022 EDITION
[attr="class","vancolorbg"]
[attr="class","vanpicbg"]
[attr="class","vantext"]

SOOTOPOLIS TAKEOVER

WRITTEN BY

SOOTOPOLIS CITY — Rocket’s capture of Sootopolis City – an outcome of the League’s severe lack of control over the region’s citizens, as well as the current Ultra Beast crisis – points to the loss of the region’s trust in its governing bodies.

Last summer, the underground organization known as Team Rocket ousted the league’s control over the Sootopolis with a worrying amount of support from the people. “Its citizens realized incompetence within the system and sought change- change that Rocket helped them bring” one anonymous source ( ) told HBS. “Rocket cares. Just look at Kanto. It’s thriving, and we want Hoenn to do the same.”

Despite these claims, the aftermath of this event has been a nightmare for the thousands of Sootopolis Residents who were displaced by this event. Due to this surge of homelessness, shelters across the region have been struggling to maintain open doors as they’ve been forced into full occupancy. Notable Sootopolis Ranger, , were among those thousands. “Rocket is now the reason I have lost my home not just once but twice now." He told us. “Rocket will have you believe that they're doing the bad things because corruption of the League has forced their hand. They're just being had by senior members whose goals are far darker than what some will have you believe."

Many voices agree with Kingsman sentiments, including Sootopolis Gym leader, . According to her, "Rocket’s messaging strictly contradicts the sleuth of media manipulation and terrorism they’ve inflicted on the region’s people, furthering their true motive of “taking whatever they deem as theirs." When asked about her interactions with the organization she noted that “I also try to be fair and offer them a peaceful resolution, sadly no one has really taken me up on that offer yet.”

Yet, since the events of the takeover, the region’s crime rate has gradually risen as Rocket continues to become more and more accepted by Hoenn’s citizens. Even those who refuse to aid the organization's goals have still continued to criticize the League’s failure to notice these developments earlier– the most prominent voice among this crowd being Ex-Elite Four member, .

During the aftermath of the take over, the esteemed league member resigned from his position, as he had vocally grown tired of the League’s inability to act, despite his warnings of Rocket’s upcoming resurgence. This puts into question: Who should the people turn to? Rocket, who swears peace through violence, or the league, who promises hope despite their shown negligence?

ASTER'S ASTROLOGY CORNER

WRITTEN BY

March Zodiac Horoscopes can be found below. (Please @ me if you mention these in a post, it will make my day!).

THE GOAT (JANUARY)

Spend some of your hard earned cash. Give a gift to your friend or to yourself, it will come in handy.
THE WATER CARRIER (FEBRUARY)

Love, or lust, is in the air, be prepared to have multiple suitors vying for your attention. Don’t be distracted and put your efforts into your special someone.
THE FISHES (MARCH)

A trip or vacation to somewhere new will be interrupted with a few obstacles. You will have some high risk-high reward encounters.
THE RAM (APRIL)

Your colleague may be getting on your nerves, but don’t let them get under your skin. An uncomfortable workplace may bring you misfortune.
THE BULL (MAY)

It’s time to relax. Make time for a chill night with friends or find a way to treat yourself.
THE TWINS (JUNE)

Beware of your “rose colored” glasses when it comes to an important person in your life. May find conflict with a Scorpio.
THE CRAB (JULY)

Reserve some time for you and your counterpart, they may be feeling neglected or jealous that your attention has been elsewhere.
THE LION (AUGUST)

Someone close to you is keeping a secret. Be their confidant and help them keep it quiet. They will return the favor.
THE VIRGIN (SEPTEMBER)

The stars aren’t favoring your ideas these days. Before you move forward with big plans, go back to the drawing board and review your arrangements with those you trust.
THE SCALE (OCTOBER)

An opportunity to make a good amount of money is coming your way. Grab onto it and don’t let go.
THE SCORPION (NOVEMBER)

Do something kind to boost your spirits. A compliment may go a long way. Try not to get into heated debates, as it may end in disaster.
THE ARCHER (DECEMBER)[break]

The stars are favoring you. Time to ask for that raise or implement a new project at work.

ANA STONE COMES HOME

WRITTEN BY

RUSTBORO CITY — Back in August, longtime CEO was officially succeeded by none other than . From head of the popular company, RotomTV, to CEO of a large energy corporation, there have been plenty of mixed reactions to this abrupt change in directions. "She's going to commit both feet and hands into the deep end" one former Devon Corp. executive, who worked alongside and , told HBS.

But not everyone holds these same sentiments. This announcement came as a shock to many of the top Financial analysts who'd vocally assumed Sam Smith, head of operations for the past 10 years, would be the most obvious answer. A few retired executives we spoke with also agreed with these assumptions, citing 's lack of experience in the energy sector as “concerning on multiple levels.”

When asked to comment on the criticism had to say this, "Some would say Devon should always be run by a Stone. I don't necessarily agree with that statement. I believe Devon should be run by whoever is most qualified, Stone or not. It just so happens that the most qualified person in this case also happens to be a Stone."

Since her arrival at the company, Devon's Corp has made a steady recovery, however, the aftermath of public reaction is still seen in their company’s stock prices (5.4% down). While these numbers are still volatile in nature, they're expected to settle in the coming months as continues to share her future plans for the company. "It's no secret that Devon isn't the power it used to be. But Devon did not die with Alexander. We will carry on in his vision and I will do my best to help restore Devon to what it once was.”

I guess we’ll just have to wait and see what surprises Devon Corp holds in store for us. But, until then, had some final words to share with everyone at home. "Thank you to all my supporters. I will live up to expectations, I promise you that."

ASTER'S HOTTIE SPOTLIGHT

WRITTEN BY

HOTTIE OF THE MONTH:
Saw your debut, dude! Nice stuff! Also, P.S. you're hot. P.S.S. call me.

---

Toshi's recent achievement of earning 's Rhythm Badge has earned him March's spot for Hoenn's Hottest!

Who should be April’s hottie of the month? Comment below this volume with your nominations.

PAID ADVERTISEMENT

If you'd like to contribute an article, please DM @captain with your concept and/or writing! Feel free to also reach out for any HBS related plots, including joining the staff (camera man, reporter, journalist, photographer, columnist, etc) or IC business propositions!

LEAVE US A COMMENT

[div align="center"][div style="width:350px;border:#cccccc solid 1px;padding:5px;"][div style="background-color:#1f1f1f;font-family:tahoma;font-size:7.5pt;text-align:justify;padding:40px;"][table style="width:100%;"][tbody][tr][td style="vertical-align:top;width:70px;"][img style="max-width:100%;border:#cccccc solid 1px;padding:5px;height:55px;width:55px;" src="http://placehold.it/55x55"][/td][td style="vertical-align:top;"][div style="font-family:courier new;font-size:8pt;font-weight:bold;"]USERNAME // [/div]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Pellentesque efficitur lacus quis lacus tempor, sit amet rutrum purus rhoncus.[/td][/tr][/tbody][/table][/div][/div][/div]

[googlefont=Roboto][googlefont=Abel][googlefont=Source+Code+Pro]
close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
HBS - VOLUME 1 ISSUE 1
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2022 23:55:20 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
Delibirdy_Boy //
i think the stars are kinda understating things a little... #virgo #pleasegodjustletmehaveonegoodday
close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
a heart like a lion, burning like fire
awards
1,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
HBS - VOLUME 1 ISSUE 1
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2022 0:06:15 GMT
maverick noah ryder Avatar
HELLHOUNDMASTER //
where's my money?
close tab

played by

Gina

Firecracker
He/him
August 22nd
Goldenrod City
Bisexual
Pokéathlon Athlete
Rising Star
my howling heart is yours
to do what you will
6'2" / 187 cm height
6'2" / 187 cm height
don't dry with fakes or fears, 'cause you will hate yourself in the end
awards
249 posts
part of
TAG WITH @toshiaki
Toshiaki Macallan
HBS - VOLUME 1 ISSUE 1
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2022 0:07:31 GMT
Toshiaki Macallan Avatar
TOSHIY0SHI //
WOAH WAIT I'M ON HERE? I was just skimming the news. Thanks for the feature! Uh, I'd call you but I don't know how?? Like is it the network or- ah, forget it. Thanks for the mention! Love ya Hoenn!
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
HBS - VOLUME 1 ISSUE 1
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2022 0:30:28 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
HARBINGER //
Sootopolis thrives. Those who lost their homes during the conflict did so because the League attacked Rocket agents during what should have been a peaceful takeover. Are you so quick to forget the region's Champion laying waste to an important Hoennian monument in the Silver Spire? Wake up. Don't let them pull the wool over your eyes again.
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,004 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
HBS - VOLUME 1 ISSUE 1
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2022 1:09:25 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
greyson.connors//
A wolf is no less a wolf just because they've dressed themselves in sheepskin. Rocket would try to sell you that the League is the villain, and they've certainly got things to be accountable for, but make no mistake, Team Rocket is full of cowards, thieves, and killers. You'll be starving on the streets, too weak to move, and they'd they still try to take you for all you have left, all while preaching about the 'betterment' of hoenn. I do not hide behind a false-moniker here. You know my name, what I stand for, and where to find me. I'll be waiting.

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
HBS - VOLUME 1 ISSUE 1
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2022 1:16:55 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
AGOR-37 //

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/357382849357414403/955635885540532274/E11a_20131223_1109_14409kHz.mp3[/player]
ATTENTION

81371 36913 56737 83783 18924 41854 64769 82330 25384 76629

51016 66965 75511 12197 26941 68322 19368 84430 88874 83626

17281 79745 18146 45451 90007 48550 13561 25474 32539 57122

ATTENTION

81371 36913 56737 83783 18924 41854 64769 82330 25384 76629

51016 66965 75511 12197 26941 68322 19368 84430 88874 83626

17281 79745 18146 45451 90007 48550 13561 25474 32539 57122

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,668 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
HBS - VOLUME 1 ISSUE 1
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2022 8:59:58 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
DRAGONBORN27 //
Wait... Sootopolis was taken over by Rocket????? I was JUST there! I didn't know! OMG why did no-one tell me that was so dangerous! What if they had robbed me or kidnapped me and did weird things to me?????????????

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,376 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
HBS - VOLUME 1 ISSUE 1
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2022 20:43:01 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
BRIAR_ROSE //
No one else interested in how the shift in power in Devon Corp. will affect energy output in Hoenn? Hm. At least in this publication, the lead story wasn't a splashy photo of a 'hottie' on the front page.

Although I note that such click-bait journalism remains as integral to the fabric of the news of Hoenn as ever. How... riveting.

close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
A Beacon of Safety during times of War
awards
733 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
HBS - VOLUME 1 ISSUE 1
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2022 21:18:47 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar
GetJinxed //
Don't listen to the panic instigators! Sootopolis is no worse off than than it was before! Now you may take that however you want! #PreparesForWaveOfDownVotes
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
HBS - VOLUME 1 ISSUE 1
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2022 23:56:32 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
gmh_OFFICIAL //
We at GMH are excited to welcome as she steps into the spotlight at Devon Co. GMH will happily assist in any efforts she needs, including continuing to provide energy in all plants across Hoenn previously owned by Devon. Hopefully that will take some of the pressure off this momentous change in career. Good luck Ana! #AbetterfutureforHoenn #Friendship #Allsalesarefinal #Notakebacks
close tab

played by

myriascope

lil
no preference
november 25
unknown
undetermined
botanist
cadet
Brighter than tomorrow and yesterday
awards
277 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lilith
lilith eirwin
HBS - VOLUME 1 ISSUE 1
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2022 11:10:50 GMT
lilith eirwin Avatar
lil //
I guess you weren't entirely exaggerating when you told me you were on the front page @
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights