rustboro city, hoenn
demirom. bisex.
ceo, inventor
ace
save a little
love for me
6 ft 5 in (~196 cm) height
6 ft 5 in (~196 cm) height
i wish i were better, i wish i had strength. i wish i had anything to prove i was brave.
awards
468 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leonidas
Leonidas Stone
MANTINE SURFING (SPLASHFEST)
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 2:56:44 GMT
Leonidas Stone Avatar
[nospaces]

Yet again, he brushed his hair back upon resurfacing amidst the rippling waters, promptly hauling himself atop his accompanying Mantine once more. His fingers wove through the strands before shifting through them, ruffling the droplets that soaked them for a second time as he scanned the horizon.[break][break]

He pointed out towards the next wave.[break][break]

"I meant it," he called out, narrowing his eyes. "Get us over there. We're trying another Magikarp Splash...!"[break][break]

Oy9y66k_
[break][break]

@tag[break]
1600 pts + ?

close tab

played by

milky

luci
he/they
jan 30
hearthome, sinnoh
pansexual
sculptor/painter
civilian
one-track mind
one-track heart
6'3" height
6'3" height
high achiever, don't you see? baby, nothing comes for free.
awards
182 posts
luciano fisk DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luci
luciano fisk
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 3:00:00 GMT
luciano fisk Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lucitop"]
[attr="class","luci"] if the barrier was not up, perhaps it would've been imperative to ask mother to borrow a mantine from the fisk estate. clearly it was the fault of the pokemon beneath him to cause for his multiple failures.

[break][break] 'it's just a game,' he reminded himself, as he steers into the next wave with a mantine splash.

[attr="class","ooc"] eOwIyxzI

[newclass=".luci"]--accent:#B6C4E3; } .luci { font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; } .luci b { color:var(--accent)!important; } .luci i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .luci u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; } .luci .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .luci .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lucitop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#B6C4E3;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 3:09:37 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Another failure marks heart break for the doctor. She’s getting tired. Exhausted really. She struggles to get back on the Mantine, feeling quite hopeless. She’s gotta get it eventually! . . . Right?

[break][break]

“Please don’t hate me,” she murmurs beneath her breath as she spurs the Mantine forward to attempt another MAGIKARP SPLASH

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break][break]

+ Going for a MAGIKARP SPLASH[break][break]

hfylMGLz

[break][break]

Total Points: +3,250 (Primarina Twist, Lanturn 360, Starmie 720)

[newclass=".evaa"]--accent:#a9d39d; --speech:#a9d39d;[/newclass]

[newclass=".evaa"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; background:#111; padding-bottom:10px; border:1px solid #232323; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .top"]height:350px; background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/q1Q4tR4/image.png); background-size:cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main"]font:12px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:25px 30px 30px 30px; border:1px solid var(--accent); margin:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main::first-line"]color:var(--accent); font:italic 12px/13px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main b"]color:var(--speech); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main i"]color:var(--speech);[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar"]background:#111111; text-align:center; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); padding-bottom:10px; border-bottom:1px solid #848484;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar img"]filter:grayscale(100%); width:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .ooc"]background:#171717; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); margin-top:20px; padding:20px; font:9px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins]
close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
and i tried to save a life with these diamond hands of mine; but they're sharper than a knife
awards
488 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 3:35:20 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]

she doesnt mind that she's.. not been getting a magikarp splash, but she'd like to be able to. it was most definitely the energy from the mantine getting to her now, but after completing all the tricks, what was there to lose?

[break][break]
|eb8eKAO

@tag[break]
10,850 pts

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 3:41:27 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Okay...so high effort tricks just aren't working out right now. And her Mantine seems just as disappointed as she is, what a shame! To try and make them both feel better, Luka attempts a much easier trick this time around.[break][break]

Considering how often they've done it, it only makes sense to try the Primarina Twist again!

[break][break]

[break][break]
ccbrEdPP[break]Point Total:[break]20100

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]

close tab

played by

liekos

caturix
he/him
thirty-four
december 21st
wyndon, calar
demirom. pansex.
pro fighter, hitman
executive
show me
where the delicate stops
6 ft 11 in (~211 cm) height
6 ft 11 in (~211 cm) height
you can call me king of the world
awards
223 posts
Cain Toman DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cain
Cain Toman
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 3:44:55 GMT
Cain Toman Avatar
[nospaces]

"Fuck ye— that's what I'm talkin' about...!"[break][break]

Triumph, something that tasted so, so delicious when it deemed fit to visit. The taste had been one to savor (or maybe it was just the lingering saltwater in his mouth?) as he and his Mantine balanced themselves atop the water once more, drenched not by the waters of another failure, but the splash and spray of their return to said waters.[break][break]

"Lessee, what was that next one...?" he muttered, tapping the beast beneath them as if it could answer him. "Do ya know? I'm sure ya know, yeah?"[break][break]

Of course, the name he was looking for was Starmie 720, but the name, itself, honestly hadn't been something he cared much about.[break][break]

Q_wu4Vun

@tag[break]
7500 pts + ?

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,103 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 4:23:58 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[googlefont=Fira+Sans|Playfair+Display]
[attr="class","aaa"]and finally, the first trick on the list.

matias takes a moment to glance at his surroundings to enjoy the sight of other people failing their tricks. he feels for them, truly, but now is his time to claim his crown.

HUNTAIL SPIN.
n6Etpbof
+ 20,000 + 100 = 20,100 POINTS

i'm like a titan that's rising, rising

[newclass=.aaa b]color:#8e747d;font-family:playfair display;font-size:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,145 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 4:47:37 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]
[attr="class","littlejay"]

there's a reason that he does not consider himself a water-pokemon trainer. he wonders if has any better luck with these tricks, if he has a better affinity for them.

[break][break] jayden spreads his feet slightly farther apart as he prepared for the ride, surging forward onto the next wave in a OVER-THE-GYARADOS.

[attr="class","ooc"]
VOpXaShd [break]

[newclass=".littlejay"]--accent:#955adf; } .littlejay { font:12px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px; } .littlejay b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .littlejay i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .littlejay u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:0.5px; } .littlejay .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .littlejay .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jaytop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323; border-radius:5px; } .jaytop img { filter:grayscale(90%); padding-top:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 5:27:26 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar

"You think I should try something different?" Derek asks to the Sobble on his shoulder, who shrugs in response.

"Me neither."

But if he were going to land anything, then they might as well go big. It wasn't likely they'd be able to bridge the gap with anything else. So with that said, they launched over the next wave trying for a MAGIKARP SPLASH!

dk3tbs|2

- Derek attempts the MAGIKARP SPLASH!
10,850 (1 of each trick) + ?
ATTEMPT #31
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
but i still haven't found what i'm looking for
awards
679 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 5:42:10 GMT
nina larson Avatar
and of course, after she'd been glowing from the success of finally getting the magikarp splash, she experienced one of the worst crashes back into the water yet.

determined to get back her stride, she went for the same thing again.

"over-the-gyarados!"

e0XURsNc

total points previous round: 10850
( 100 + 500 + 1000 + 1750 + 2500 + 5000 )
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,393 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 6:04:03 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
she was pretty sure at this point she was never going to get this. now, she was surfing on pure anger. the competition had faded away. it was her, the hellish ocean, and the burning bitterness of her failures.

she raged on, up the wave and into the air. magikarp splash!

8KaKPlcu

total points previous round: 0...
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 7:03:22 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelocam"]
As promised, Angelo buys a malasada and then they return to the backs of the Mantine to rest. Fingers coated in sugar and the sun beating down on their heads.

What filling did you go for?” He asks, legs slowly swaying back and forth through the refreshing cool of the ocean blue as they enjoy their break.

Once this is done, he thinks, he'll try for another OVER THE GYARADOS. Maybe a little R&R in between tricks will help their success rate.

uooNqzMd

attempt #29
( 22/08/2022 )

( 13,350 points )
( tricks: huntail spin, lanturn 360, primarina twist, starmie 720, over the gyarados x2, magikarp splash )
[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
everyone's a sucker for a taste of glory
awards
2,326 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 7:12:30 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","oliver2top"]
[attr="class","oliver2"]

time to go again, ollie thinks as he gulps down several gallons of water. after all, gotta keep hydrated!

[break][break] "c'mon dude, we got this!"

[break][break] he and his mantine go for the MAGIKARP SPLASH again.

[attr="class","ooc"] 8hILcBA4

[newclass=".oliver2"]--accent:#FFB546; } .oliver2 { font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; } .oliver2 b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'} .oliver2 i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .oliver2 u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; } .oliver2 .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; font:10px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:1px; } .oliver2 .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase; } .oliver2 img { filter:grayscale(10%); [/newclass]
[newclass=".oliver2 .ooc img] background:transparent; float:none; border:none; box-shadow:none; padding:0px; margin:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".oliver2top"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#FFB546;height:40px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,417 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 7:46:50 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrianwt"]
[attr="class","adrianwtw"]It only makes sense to go big, or go home.[break][break]

And Adrian has decided to stay at the beach, soaking up the sun and enjoying the waves. Despite how often he's left thrashing in open waters, trying to find his way back to the surface after an intense wipeout, he's eager to get ahead and crush the competition.[break][break]

It's a great deal more daunting than he lets on, though. Despite a confidence grown from practice and an eclectic background in skateboarding, he's still falling behind the pack. He'd have to make a great showing in order to turn some heads and change the dynamic, and it's not something he expects to come easily.[break][break]

Nothing to it but to try anyways.[break][break]

A wave swells underneath him, carrying him into the forming crest and allowing his Mantine to leap skywardly... They enter a violent corkscrew maneuver quickly, the world tilting around him uniquely.[break][break]

MAGIKARP SPLASH
[break]

ijLdhxt9

[attr="class","adrianwttag"]MANTINE SURFING (15850)

[attr="class","adrianwtpokes"][break]

[newclass=.adrianwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwt b] color: #723849; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwt a] text-decoration: none; color: #723849!important; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #723849; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; adrian-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #723849; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #723849!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #723849; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #723849; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #723849; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 7:52:12 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
Was Rowan doing well? Well, not really. doesn't need to know that, though. Although he bonded with water Pokémon easily, that didn't mean he was able to force them to perform outside of their inherit skills. "You got this, buddy." A hand ran over the Mantine, hoping the encouragement would help. "Let's do this."[break][break]

Bej3URV6[break]
Magikarp Splash?