COMMUNAL CURRY #4

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
COMMUNAL CURRY #4
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2022 23:53:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar

PSEUDONYM

Bishop's curry entry

thread summary: Bishop works with to create a false identity for himself, which will help him evade the police while he builds up his life from scratch in a new region.

why is it important?: This is the thread that introduces Bishop to the game. It showcases his personality, how he interacts with people, and reveals an intelligent mind behind his rough exterior. It is also the first time he meets Seraphine, who will become a prominent person in his life in the future.
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
COMMUNAL CURRY #4
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 0:15:45 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar

CORONA

's curry entry

thread summary: A few days after the events of Dawn of the Darkest Day, Barnaby visits in his newly-appointed Underboss's office. Both men have been struggling to cope after what they'd experienced in Sootopolis - Mars choosing to focus on work, Barnaby trying and now failing to give his friend distance. Their conversation starts out tense, but soon enough Barnaby admits to a vulnerability he never thought he'd share: he was afraid. Afraid of losing . This concession leads to revelations about Mars' past and a promise from both men that further deepens their relationship.

why is it important?: This marks yet another turning point in Barnaby and Mars' relationship! I think it parallels well with a previous Curry submission of ours, To The Elysian Fields (there are actually a few throwbacks to this thread in a couple of ours posts!). In Elysian Mars shows a new, more vulnerable side to himself, while in Corona we see Barnaby finally starting to open up as well. This is uncharted territory for him and, truthfully, he doesn't handle it with his usual grace and charisma.

Although fairly short, this thread shows them both:
  • handling interpersonal conflict for the first time
  • openly admitting to how important the other is to them
  • making significant promises to one another (Mars to keeping Barnaby safe from the Sinnoh Syndicate, Barnaby to helping Mars bring them down)

Azul and I are really starting to delve into a more serious side to their relationship and I am LOVING it. She is a wonderful shipping partner and every post from her is an absolute delight! It's a big deal for Mars to trust Barnaby with information from his past, so I'm excited to see what we build from here! Thank you for all the fun times, Azul ♡

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,374 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
COMMUNAL CURRY #4
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 0:53:19 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

heatwave

lulu's curry entry

thread summary: during splashfest, lulu and spend time on the beach and share some tequila. lulu explains she ‘brought the good stuff’, to which theo asks what she’s celebrating. she defeatedly confesses to him that her team have failed their backup plan to take care of meteno in case the league fails. after, she asks if theo will get a house with her.

why is it important?: for some backstory, when lulu was still in galar looking for gavin, he and other old hoennian upper brass were being trained by theo in kanto. this known history is what spawned her fascination with the underboss when he first arrived in hoenn. lulu had once been turned away from old rocket by gavin, and only let in later during her second attempt to join out of prison. lulu wanted to prove to theo, the cutthroat kantonian rocket trainer, that she was just as capable as everyone else, and that they had made a mistake by turning her down before—even though it had just been gavin trying to protect her. 

while her relationship with theo has grown and changed in many ways—with a very complicated mixture of feelings—lulu’s need to impress him has never waned. admitting that she has failed to create a safety net for the league’s plan is her first instance of admitting 'defeat' to him in any way. it is a gut-wrenching moment for her, but on the other side of it, she is shown that she doesn’t have to constantly succeed at everything to receive love and appreciation from someone who truly cares about her.

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
COMMUNAL CURRY #4
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 2:11:30 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar

CORONA

's curry entry ft.

Thread Summary:
On a night not long after the events of Dawn of the Darkest Day, visits Mars’ office at Rocket HQ. It’s the first they see each other since Necrozma’s attack, and the different ways in which the situation has affected them are made clear. Where Mars has been working non stop for the sake of attempting to remedy Sootopolis’ precarious condition during the aftermath of the attack, Barnaby has kept his distance in the belief that Mars may not care to check on him.

Things start off really tense, with accusations being made by both of them, but when it becomes obvious that both their reactions are born out of concern and out of their worry over the possibility of losing each other, it all really takes a turn. This is the first time Mars reveals another important glimpse of both his past and his true feelings: he has already lost people he loved before, and he’s afraid it might happen again with Barnaby, claiming that Barnaby will never be safe as long as he’s of importance in Mars’ own life.

In the end, Mars decides he trusts Barnaby enough to reveal that he intends to deal with those who have harmed the people he loves, and that he has been planning this for a long time. Barnaby offers to help him with this, and Mars agrees.

Why is it important?:
Neither Mars nor Barnaby are characters who open up easily. Moments of vulnerability are a rarity for both of them, and this is the first one between them since To The Elysian Fields, which is set back in January.

They’re both dealing with a lot of anger and a lot of sorrow, and in both their cases it expresses itself in different ways. This is the first time Barnaby is truly vulnerable with Mars, showing how hurt he feels, but due to how upset Mars still is about being unable to stop the Necrozma attack despite all the warnings he gave, he feels as if he’s being accused of not doing more for Barnaby. This is also the first time they really argue, marking a shift in their relationship and showcasing the problems that may come because neither of them are good at talking about how they truly feel.

The mere fact that Mars apologises to Barnaby is huge for him, because this is not something he does easily, and the same can be said for his admittance of how worried he is that he might lose Barnaby one day. He still won’t call it fear, because he has been conditioned to resent emotions like those, but it is there all the same.

Mars is a very distrusting person, he has many reasons to not want to open up to others, but in this thread he decides he trusts Barnaby enough to speak of some of the most painful events in his life, and that is huge for their relationship going forward, as is the fact that Barnaby decides to stay by his side after being made aware of this.

Furthermore, this thread is also part of Mars’ other large personal arc involving his family, with Barnaby now being one of the people who have agreed to help Mars bring down his family’s syndicate.

As always, Dove is an absolute joy to write with. She had me crying with every post, and I can't even begin to describe how much having her as a ship partner means to me. I'm really happy with this thread, and I'm super excited about how things will be between Mars and Barnaby after this. ILY DOVE 💖 YOU'RE AMAZING

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-three
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
pending
executive
136 height
136 height
somewhere between pixie hollow and purgatory
awards
672 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
COMMUNAL CURRY #4
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 2:13:47 GMT
nina larson Avatar

mystery fishie

nina's curry entry

thread summary: after a training session where nina reveals to she has several illumina pokémon, the two meet so that nina can offer her feebas for testing. bryan says the testing might be painful, challenging her to make a sacrifice for rocket; however, when they prepare to take a sample, the beast has a change of heart and adds sleep powder to the water, despite being told status conditions could tamper with the sample. this way, the feebas won’t feel pain. he hands nina the scalpel, telling her to ‘make it quick’ as he stands watch. no one can know he is enabling this softness, perhaps much less that he has a soft side himself. at the end, nina also witnesses avatar powers for the first time when bryan brings the feebas back to consciousness.

why is it important?: shows nina’s kindheartedness and vulnerability, but also that she is (reluctantly) willing to make cruel decisions in order to progress in team rocket. it also seems to show a slightly softer side of bryan than we are used to. by showing empathy and saving the feebas from pain, he also saved nina from potentially damaging her relationship with the pokémon. after this moment, nina trusts bryan more.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,454 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
COMMUNAL CURRY #4
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 3:37:29 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar

AQUA PRISON

kyle's curry entry

thread summary: unhinged elite four calls on criminal bff to attack fish killer colleague and an innocent bystander who doesn't know what the fuck is going on.
why is it important?: kyle learns that his friends are attracted to drama and reconsiders his choice of friends. relationship dynamics shift between the trio as he learns that everyone is secretly a psycho. also, he gets a moral high ground over melody and matias with this so they can't judge him for his actions now.
close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
BROKEN GLASS IN EVERY TREE
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
COMMUNAL CURRY #4
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 3:58:57 GMT
boruta maher Avatar

dog bite

bo's curry entry

thread summary: after an argument over violence towards , bo doesn’t speak to their father anymore. however, to stay updated on him and his brothers (because they certainly don’t tell him everything), he’d been meeting with a family friend at a bar in sootopolis on the regular. despite attention paid to discreet attire and sitting in dark corners, he is eventually recognized and jumped on his way out one evening.

while bo’s doing his best to fight off a small gang of sucker-punching assailants, steps outside the same bar to smoke a cigarette. though gavin doesn’t recognize the person they’re attacking at first, bo's hood is soon ripped back, just as a mightyena bites into his leg.

the underboss quickly shoos them all away and stops bo’s bleeding with his zarude’s jungle healing. there is a moment shared where something clearly shifts in bo before he takes his leave—and gavin notices it. something has changed.

why is it important?: bo used to be an enforcer in rocket and a mentor and friend to . both of bo’s brothers and his father are in team rocket still and he has turned a blind eye and avoided direct conflict with the organization for the last year. i kinda headcanon they fuck with rustboro a little less than other places since he got promoted there—but that could change with this shift.

though bo is thankful for gavin’s intervention, this moment is a jarring reminder that he can’t walk the fine line he’s been trying to as a ranger captain. conflict is imminent as tensions rise again in the region. when it happens, bo will be committed to the league’s efforts in full, even if it means never speaking to his father again—and maybe even one day facing off with him.

close tab

played by

Azul

Tam
He/Him
February 14th
Icirrus City, Unova
Does it matter?
Slateport Ranger Capt.
Ranger Captain
empty
indifferent
166 height
166 height
Don't know, don't care.
awards
518 posts
Tam Fawley DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @tam
Tam Fawley
COMMUNAL CURRY #4
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 4:11:26 GMT
Tam Fawley Avatar

LUCKY

's curry entry ft.

Thread Summary:
In the aftermath of his battle against (SMOKE), an injured Tam arrives late at night at Slateport Ranger HQ, running into Orion who happens to be working the night shift. Tam explains what happened, and it all results in Orion getting angry at him due to Tam’s refusal to see avatars as as much of a threat as Orion believes them to be.

The thread ends on a positive note when the only egg Tam managed to rescue from the smuggled shipment that got destroyed during the battle actually hatches.

Why is it important?:
There are a few reasons why this thread is important to Tam as a character, especially considering that it's one of his rare emotionally charged threads and that comes as a result of dire circumstances.

• For starters, it showcases what Tam's thoughts on things like AVATARS and other such threats to the region are, which is that while they do indeed have unique abilities, they are still people, and so he sees no reason why he shouldn't be able to face one alone as long as he's prepared for it. As Tam himself says: "If everyone is afraid of what avatars can do, then no one will stop them."
  • Secondly, it shows how much his job and the rangers under his command matter to Tam. He's willing to put himself in danger for the sake of protecting Pokémon, but he's also not willing of sending those under his command into danger they're not prepared for. This is a glimpse into deeper aspects of who Tam is, and into how pass trauma and loss have affected him. He sees his own life as expendable, but that isn't the case for those who have come to matter to him.
  • Lastly, this thread is also an important development in Tam and Orion's relationship, given that it's the first time Tam realizes Orion actually cares about him – which is rare, since Tam isn't great at understanding other people's feelings. It also shows how highly he thinks of Orion, especially when he tells him that the squad would be fine if something were to happen to him because Orion would still be there for them.

I really love writing interactions between Tam and the rest of the Slateport squad, but even beyond that, Tam's relationship with Orion is really special to me. Thorn is such a wonderful RP partner and friend! We have done so many fun threads with Tam and Orion that it was hard for me to pick just one for this, and I'm really looking forward to seeing how things continue to develop between the two of them ♡
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
COMMUNAL CURRY #4
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 4:40:16 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

SERPENT

eva's curry entry

thread summary: After the events of the AQUA Initiative, Eva takes to visit with Rayquaza.

why is it important?: Finding Rayquaza has been something Eva has been working on for a very long time. She's been on the hunt for the legendary to help Hoenn with the meteor problem instead of sending it to Sea!Hoenn. Finding Rayquaza sparked hope. Although the legendary is hurt and can not aid in dealing with the meteor, Eva still rekindles her joy in healing. It's the root of why she does what she does and it has been lost for quite some time, buried beneath her other responsibilities.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,319 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
COMMUNAL CURRY #4
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 4:55:07 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

heatwave

lulu's curry entry

thread summary: during splashfest, and theo spend time on the beach and share some tequila. lulu explains she ‘brought the good stuff’, to which theo asks what she’s celebrating. she defeatedly confesses to him that her team have failed their backup plan to take care of meteno in case the league fails. after, she asks if theo will get a house with her.

why is it important?: lulu's first instance of admitting 'defeat' is met with immediate reassurance, contrasting the harsh scrutiny should the same admission had been made when he was in kanto.

it shows theo being free of particular teachings and shackles that tie him back to kanto, and it also shows another step away as he agrees to move in with her which is something he never thought he'd be lucky enough to do.

it's a step forward in their relationship, and i'm very happy and excited to be writing it with mad ♥
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
Going to hell cause it feels like heaven.
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
COMMUNAL CURRY #4
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 4:58:23 GMT
Alexandra Briarwood Avatar

AMAZING MOVES

Lex's curry entry

thread summary: Lex unleashes Smoke's z-move power fo the first time in a 3-on-1 battle with !

why is it important?: Lex continues to explore the range of her pokemon's powers. Plus, this was very fun to write with Wanderer! Looking forward to more awesome threads together <3
close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
I can and I will. Watch me.
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
COMMUNAL CURRY #4
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 5:18:20 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar

SANDWICH DUTY

's curry entry ft.

Thread Summary:
Taking part in the VALOR initiative, Lia and Marshall volunteer to help make meals for struggling families. While doing so, they discuss the current situation in Hoenn and its past struggles, as well as other personal matters.

Why is it important?:
I don't think either of us realized how deep this thread would go when we started writing it. It's simple and short but it may just be one of my favourite threads I've ever written with Lia.

Lia was born and raised in Hoenn, and it's rarely that I get a chance to write about her true feelings on the region and everything it has been through. She deeply loves her home and because she does she feels a deep need to help the region and its citizens. It's the whole reason why she started working with the rangers to begin with, and I think this thread really showcases how much she cares about Hoenn and how deeply the struggles of the region have affected her.

On the other hand, this thread is also really important to Lia and Marshall's relationship. They both have unspoken feelings for each other, and when Marshall asks her if she'd ever consider living somewhere other than Hoenn, she only considers the possibility because of the idea of living with him (which makes her feel a little silly). Things between them are fun, new, exciting, it's awesome to see the relationship develop and it makes me extremely happy.

Guns is such a wonderful person to write with. We haven't known each other for long, but I truly adore her and her characters, and I'm honoured to have such fun and complex plots with her ♡

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
COMMUNAL CURRY #4
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 5:45:15 GMT
luka chêne Avatar

THE BOY WHO KILLED LOVE

Luka's curry entry

thread summary: in the aftermath of the darkest day, luka and remiel have an altercation that changes the course of their relationship forever

(he tears her heart out and stomps it into little pieces on the floor)

why is it important?: who doesn't love a juicy breakup thread...

writing a relationship between two fundamentally different characters was always going to be difficult, and though we always knew that it wouldn't last between them it was exciting to see how things progressed and escalated past what oslo and i initially planned. of course that only made it more devastating since what was supposed to just be a fling turned into a full romance, oops!

it was great seeing remiel open up a little bit, only to slam the door back down as soon as he was called upon to be vulnerable. and luka's rejection has a very negative impact as well, driving her to be a bit more reckless as shown in cc, and generally challenging her naively optimistic worldview. sometimes negative character development is just as important as the positive!

also, i just really enjoyed writing this thread!! it was super emotionally charged and devastating, in the best way. even though the events of this thread had been plotted out and implied for a while, it took us a while to have the time to sit down and really hammer it out. and it was just as awfully juicy as i hoped!! seriously tho i'd like to thank for dealing with me yelling about the drama all the time and insisting that we make it as painful as possible. im excited to see what else awaits these two characters...even though it's even more downhill from here hehe
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
COMMUNAL CURRY #4
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 6:10:58 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FIRSTBORNTITLE

fernando silph's curry entry

thread summary:

fernando confronts matias about the incident about melody. they share their opinion of each other as well as their fellow peers. it ends with fernando telling matias to make amends while matias sees the same image of fernando's parents in the blood tied heir.

why is it important?:

it wraps up the first part of the matias x melody incident arc and bridges how this affects other characters. it's also one of the few matias x fernando threads that foreshadows the forces at play that will make them collaborate more in the future. the ending post by noodles was exquisite and one i didn't realize had the reflection between generational slights until he brought it out.

an enjoyable thread that is concise but carries much of the resolving tones of this period with a hint toward the future.
close tab

played by

aero

jake
he/him
september 14
fight area, sinnoh
bi
ranger
cadet
20 height
20 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
43 posts
jacob kim DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jake
jacob kim
COMMUNAL CURRY #4
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 6:14:22 GMT
jacob kim Avatar

knock knock

jake's curry entry

thread summary: jake joins the ranger force
why is it important?: I know that somethings have changed, never felt this way and right here tonight this could be the start of something new it feels alright to be here with you. and now look at me alright I feel in my heart the start of something.