TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
COMMUNAL CURRY #5
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 3:14:37 GMT
luka chêne Avatar

SNOWBOY SHOWDOWN

's curry entry

[break]
thread summary: a reprise of last year's snowboy event! this is a holiday group megathread revolving around a snowboy building contest, with a few new elements added from last year.[break]

why is it important?: honestly, this thread is just a cute and festive way to celebrate the holidays! i had a blast seeing everyone interact and participate last year, and felt the same with this year's snowboy event as well. i hope that it drove some character interactions that might not have happened otherwise, or was just a fun way to do some lighthearted rp with friends. it was also fun to come up with a new kind of gimmick for the event, and i hope to be able to add something else next time to make it even more fun.
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
COMMUNAL CURRY #5
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 5:31:41 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar

★ self sabotage

illeana's curry entry, jan 2023

thread summary ★
in the aftermath of their mechanical kingdom expedition with and , illeana and have not spoken in a week. she leaves his calls and texts unanswered out of anger. and with little options left, felix comes to her house with flowers and an apology. it does not go the way either of them had wanted or expected...

why is this important? ★
first, one of my favorite things to work with is conflict and angst. i find some of the best writing is done in the thick of some angry, spiteful character interactions...

now! this particular thread is important not only for felix and illeana's relationship but also illeana as a character. we see them go up against each other in a way they've never actually had to do before. felix is a character who is the calmness illie generally needs in her life and i don't think she ever really expected him to break that stoic composure. he explains bits and pieces of the why he lied about his alignment with rocket and what it means for not only himself but his little brother august as well. to unravel these reasons and to have them be laid out for illeana to pick at was exciting tbh cause while they were childhood friends, they had this pristine image of each other and it has been shattered through this thread.

on the flipside of things, i personally love being able to explore illeana's toxicity in real time! it's one of my favorite things because on a surface level, she does not seem to be a person who's necessarily bad. she's always been built on the stance of not wanting to be like her parents. she never wanted to experiment on pokemon or hurt people but as she grew into the character she is today, she has started to kind of dissolve into that mindset of whatever it takes. in this thread in particular, we see illeana essentially not only use felix's trauma and his brother against him but also her trauma as well in a way that's not only extremely selfish but also manipulative and kind of cruel. it's a great thread to highlight that in this instance, despite felix being part of a terrorist organization and lying about it, he's not the bad guy she makes him out to be and she's not the victim she thinks she is.

i'm excited to see where they go from here and what part two of this thread will bring hehehe. i cannot thank captain enough for indulging in this with me and allowing the flow to explore different facets of these two we don't usually get to dive into. ily, hope you're ready for round two ♡
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
✨ I'm addicted to shining and glowing
awards
2,662 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
COMMUNAL CURRY #5
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 6:27:48 GMT
mint frost Avatar

I WANNA DANCE WITH SOMEBODY

character's curry entry

[break]
thread summary: At A masquerade ball Mint, unknowingly, bullies the crap out of on his quest to dance his ass off anonymously. The Masquerade serves as a great excuse, and he has gone all out to do just that. Much to Oscar's chagrin. [break]

why is it important?:

We love a self confidence booster even if its behind masks. Aside form the premise being really funny, it's a thread about Mint getting over his own hang ups from his past as well as unintentionally helping Oscar work through some of his. They never figure out each other's identities but they don't really need to. I like that they help each other out a bit even if its small.

p.s. i sit here rooting for oscarxwalsh and every time i get the lore crumbs i scream

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,046 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
COMMUNAL CURRY #5
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 6:34:59 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

macarons de détresse

’s curry entry ft as Rosmontis Lune

[break]
thread summary: this is the point where Alex realizes he’s at a crossroads—a point where he would either retire from being a Gym Leader, or continue on (despite the scales not being in his favor anymore since his non-trad heavy Gym has to change to conform to the League’s wishes of focusing on traditional battles) and continue suffering keeping an eye on Fortree seeing as there’s something there that Team Rocket may take interest in down the road (the rip into another world).

He decides to pay another gym leader a visit (Rosmontis, not little Josh) and they have a talk—well, in Alex’s case it’s more of getting fuggin’ schooled by a little kid due to the nature of their visit—and he comes to a decision: to stay and keep an eye on Fortree in case shite goes south (which it will, knowing the craziness that happens in Hoenn on a daily basis) as well as trying to adapt his non-trad heavy obstacles to conform to a traditional format.[break]

why is it important?: this conversation is the start of the Rocky training montage arc for Bird—I mean, Alex—considering he’s one of the few non-trad heavy Gym Leaders that has to change almost everything to adapt to the incoming slew of challengers who would come knocking at his gym’s doors.

the entire thing now depends on him taking all these battles in before starting his own ‘journey’ to get stronger and more skilled with traditional battles as a whole (he’s already getting help from and in this regard) and therefore get stronger as a whole—because his strength is literally banked on the entire craziness and versatility that is his nontrad challenges and it’s time to change all that!
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
COMMUNAL CURRY #5
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 6:42:55 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar

SELF-SABOTAGE

's curry entry

[break]thread summary: After traveling to the Mech Kingdom together with , , and . During this trip, Felix's ties to rocket was revealed when he was forced to attack the bridge to which they were one, and thus led to the fight we see here. 

[break]why is it important?:

This thread means so so so much because it hits on so many fundamental points for felix. His father, his abuse, his ties to rocket, his duty to his brother, illeana, illeana's abuse -- it's all brought up, one way or another, and it creates for some heart shattering drama. 

Honestly, this thread is a bit of telenovela with the shit that went done. It was super fun to write and I'm honestly so glad for the to write this out with one of my favorite rp partners on site. Beyond the contents of this thread, Nik is such a talented writer that I'm FOREVER thankful for. If I wasn't so TIRED i would write literally sm more baout this thread, but i have to save that for the dms ;) until next thread. 
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
COMMUNAL CURRY #5
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 6:53:15 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar

BORDER ERLA

Razz's curry entry

[break]
thread summary: , , , all go to the boarders where the spirits corrupt the emotions of everyone around but him as Razz's Connection to Reshiram allowed him to keep true to himself. While confronting the now Rocket Adrian, Locke is taken over by old spirits from Kanto who are angry at the presence of Rockets.

Especially one who had been responsible for some of their deaths. [break]
why is it important?: Impotent for Razz as he is def not happy with as he did what he could to defend him back in the Ruins of Regirock and to see that he had become a Rocket? Evil and seems to be the start of stuff i wanted to explore with Razz being haunted by ghost of those he has effected while in Rocket in the War.
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Issy
She/Her
May 25
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Artist
Civilian
And the memories cut like fragments of glass.
awards
19 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isolde
Isolde Blythe
COMMUNAL CURRY #5
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 7:23:43 GMT
Isolde Blythe Avatar

REPOSE

's curry entry

thread summary: Isolde visits her comatose girlfriend, Vivienne, in a hospital room in Hoenn months after a car crash left them both broken in different ways. Guilt and remorse nags at Isolde for the fighting she knew preceded the crash, followed by the frustration that she can't piece together the meaning of the events due to gaps in her memory. It is here as she wrestles with these feelings that Seamus, Vivienne's older brother, enters the room. A sexual tension that neither has ever admitted to permeates the encounter, and Isolde's guilt only heightens at the realization that maybe she doesn't want Vivienne to wake up after all.

why is it important?: Isolde and Seamus are a remade pair of characters that Gunsmile and I wrote in a much different setting several years back. They are the sort of couple that has so many odds against them that it's really best, in many ways, for them not to get together at all. There's too much messiness, there's too much pain, and too much mutually shared trauma for them to perhaps live a healthy existence with one another.

And yet that's the fun of writing characters like this, isn't it?

Writing this thread doesn't just let me write Isolde, but write memories of her girlfriend, Vivienne: a conniving narcissist who has wrapped her brother and her girlfriend both around her finger, manipulating them both so that they continue to orbit around her like the sun itself. Both Isolde and Seamus are blinded by their unconditional love for her, and yet their secret mutual attraction to one another feels like a cruel betrayal of that affection.

Vivienne has wronged them both many times, but they both resist wronging Vivienne. Or have, at least, for many years now.

Isolde is a timid, sheltered woman who was born into a life of privilege, and she struggles to make sense of her needs and wants outside of the context of someone else's. She has lived most of her life for other people: first for her parents, who expected her to be a proper lady, and then for Vivienne, who selfishly dragged her along in her chaos, without caring how it might affect Isolde's relationship to her family or herself. Part of Isolde suspects that the rosy-tinted romance she shared with Vivienne is missing crucial pieces of memory, that things were Not Quite Right between them, but guilt rules her that she would think such things of a woman lost to a coma.

The silent discovery that she has less than platonic feelings for Vivienne's brother fills her with shame, but at the same time, loneliness is a powerful thing. Seamus's desire to protect and to care for Isolde is something she quietly aches for, the same way he quietly aches to comfort her in her time of need. It's the beginning of a slow descent to selfishness, to taking what you want despite the fact it hurts someone else.

A sentiment that Vivienne would approve of, were she not the collateral damage.

(I'd missed writing these messed up beans with Gunsmile very much, and I'm grateful she wants to play in this shipping sandbox of angst and longing again. It's been fun reimagining them in a modern setting, and I'm delighted by the ways in which Guns is exploring Seamus here in all his conflicted, brooding glory. <3)
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
COMMUNAL CURRY #5
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 8:00:43 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

I KNOW PLACES

remiel's curry entry

[break]
thread summary: Despite lingering animosity, and reunite to attempt an experiment using the SPLASH PLATE. They hope to reach out to the CREATION TRIO, namely PALKIA and DIALGA, and understand the nature of their trapped state. In doing so, they spawn a brief distortion that grants them a peek into another universe.[break]

why is it important?: This thread is important for exploring Remiel's understanding of Illeana's motives, and highlighting how much she has changed since they'd last been together. The nature of their relationship has evolved greatly since its inception. Touching down on serious and site plot-relevant topics, with the bitterness of their breakup at the fringes always, provides an insightful peek into what their reunion might evolve into in future developments.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
COMMUNAL CURRY #5
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 8:41:45 GMT
shiv Avatar

CURRY COOKING UNDERWAY!

DINNER TIME IS SOON!

Thank you for all of your incredible entries and thread spotlights. Once the curry has been cooked, rewards will be revealed for all participating characters to redeem.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
COMMUNAL CURRY #5
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2023 6:26:18 GMT
shiv Avatar

INSTANT-NOODLE CURRY

TASTE RATING: CHARIZARD

ASPEAR

🥄 TEACHES A LEVEL UP MOVE.

LEPPA

🥄 TEACHES A TM/TR MOVE.

SITRUS

🥄 TEACHES AN APPLICABLE MOVE (E.G. ANY FROM GEN 7-9 LEARNSET, TM/TR, MOVE TUTOR, EGG TUTOR).

KEE

🥄 FULLY ALTER A POKEMON'S MOVESET WITH LEVEL UP MOVES.

PECHA

🥄 ALLOWS YOU TO CHANGE YOUR POKEMON'S FORME (ALOLAN/GALARIAN, ROTOM, WORMADAM, LYCANROC, ETC.) ALONGSIDE ANY APPLICABLE ABILITIES OR MOVES. FORME CHANGES THAT ONLY AFFECT THE POKEMON'S APPEARANCE ARE EXEMPT FROM REQUIRING A PURCHASE.

CHESTO

🥄 EVOLVES STAGE 1 → STAGE 2 or STAGE 2 → STAGE 3.

PERSIM

🥄 ALLOWS YOU TO CHANGE YOUR POKEMON'S ABILITY. HIDDEN ABILITIES CAN BE SELECTED.

PERSIM

🥄 ALLOWS YOU TO CHANGE YOUR POKEMON'S ABILITY. HIDDEN ABILITIES CAN BE SELECTED.

GANLON

🥄 MAKES THE POKEMON SHINY.

INSTRUCTIONS

TO USE THE CURRY'S EFFECTS/INGREDIENTS that are listed above, please post in this thread with any of your characters that have participated in the communal curry.

In your post, you may distribute the effects to your characters' Pokemon in whatever way you wish; however, please identify which character and which of their Pokemon is redeeming the effect. You can apply multiple effects to your Pokemon now.

Any applicable move refers to any move the Pokemon can learn from Gen 7-9 (e.g. learnset moves, egg moves, tm/trs). For regular/premium gachapon ticket rewards, feel free to redeem it in the SITE SHOP.

Next, you do not need to use every single effect. Feel free to discard any effect. You can only use an effect once per player.

Lastly, this communal curry thread's effects will be able to be redeemed until the end of the month, FEBRUARY 28TH 11:59PM PST. Afterward, this thread will be archived to make way for the next communal curry. Thank you and bon appetit!

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
COMMUNAL CURRY #5
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2023 6:46:39 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar

INSTANT-NOODLE CURRY

ASPEAR

TEACHES A LEVEL UP MOVE.

🥄

LEPPA

TEACHES A TM/TR MOVE.

🥄

SITRUS

TEACHES AN APPLICABLE MOVE

🥄

KEE

FULLY ALTER A POKEMON'S MOVESET WITH LEVEL UP MOVES

🥄

PECHA

ALLOWS YOU TO CHANGE YOUR POKEMON'S FORME

🥄

CHESTO

EVOLVES STAGE 1 → STAGE 2 or STAGE 2 → STAGE 3

🥄

PERSIM

ALLOWS YOU TO CHANGE YOUR POKEMON'S ABILITY. HIDDEN ABILITIES CAN BE SELECTED

🥄

PERSIM

🥄

GANLON

MAKES THE POKEMON SHINY

🥄

TEMPLATE

IN CASE ANYONE WANTS/NEEDS it

[blockquote][h1]INSTANT-NOODLE CURRY[/h1][h2]TASTE RATING: CHARIZARD[/h2]
[quote][h1]ASPEAR[/h1][h2]TEACHES A LEVEL UP MOVE.[/h2]
🥄 [/quote]
[quote][h1]LEPPA[/h1][h2]TEACHES A TM/TR MOVE.[/h2]
🥄[/quote]
[quote][h1]SITRUS[/h1][h2]TEACHES AN APPLICABLE MOVE [/h2]
🥄[/quote]
[quote][h1]KEE[/h1][h2]FULLY ALTER A POKEMON'S MOVESET WITH LEVEL UP MOVES [/h2]
🥄[/quote]
[quote][h1]PECHA[/h1][h2]ALLOWS YOU TO CHANGE YOUR POKEMON'S FORME [/h2]
🥄[/quote]
[quote][h1]CHESTO[/h1][h2]EVOLVES STAGE 1 → STAGE 2 or STAGE 2 → STAGE 3[/h2]
🥄[/quote]
[quote][h1]PERSIM[/h1][h2]ALLOWS YOU TO CHANGE YOUR POKEMON'S ABILITY. HIDDEN ABILITIES CAN BE SELECTED[/h2]
🥄[/quote]
[quote][h1]PERSIM[/h1][h2]ALLOWS YOU TO CHANGE YOUR POKEMON'S ABILITY. HIDDEN ABILITIES CAN BE SELECTED[/h2]
🥄[/quote]
[quote][h1]GANLON[/h1][h2]MAKES THE POKEMON SHINY[/h2]
🥄[/quote]
[/blockquote]

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
COMMUNAL CURRY #5
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2023 7:36:35 GMT
Callan Young Avatar

INSTANT-NOODLE CURRY

ASPEAR

TEACHES A LEVEL UP MOVE.

🥄 HERACROSS -> COUNTER

LEPPA

TEACHES A TM/TR MOVE.

🥄 POLTEAGEIST -> BATON PASS

SITRUS

🥄POLTEAGEIST -> PSYCHIC

CHESTO

🥄TORRACAT -> INCINEROAR

KEE

🥄INCINEROAR -> DARKEST LARIAT, FLARE BLITZ, SCARY FACE, BULK UP, ROAR, CROSS CHOP

PECHA

🥄DECIDUEYE -> H!DECIDUEYE

PERSIM

🥄INCINEROAR -> INTIMIDATE

PERSIM

🥄H!DECIDUEYE -> SCRAPPY

GANLON

MAKES THE POKEMON SHINY

🥄UMBREON

close tab

played by

HONEY

MS. DU'MOT
SHE/HER
FEBRUARY 14TH
LAVENDER TOWN
HETEROSEXUAL
DEBT COLLECTOR, TORTURER
CO-FOUNDER OF VELVET ROOM
I LIKE MEN ON THEIR KNEES PRAYING UP TO THEIR GOD, SEEING VISIONS OF ME
awards
174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @msdumot
LORELEI DU'MOT
COMMUNAL CURRY #5
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2023 8:50:20 GMT
LORELEI DU'MOT Avatar

INSTANT-NOODLE CURRY

ASPEAR

TEACHES A LEVEL UP MOVE.

🥄

LEPPA

TEACHES A TM/TR MOVE.

🥄

SITRUS

🥄

KEE

🥄

PECHA

🥄

CHESTO

🥄

PERSIM

🥄

PERSIM

🥄

GANLON

MAKES THE POKEMON SHINY

🥄

close tab

played by

Balance

She/her
Twenty-one
October 13
Castelia City, Unova
Heterosexual
PKMN Ranger
Cadet
Single
47 height
47 height
I'm crazy, but you like that; ... I bite back.
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaina
ELAINA PIERCE
COMMUNAL CURRY #5
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2023 9:12:23 GMT
ELAINA PIERCE Avatar

INSTANT-NOODLE CURRY

ASPEAR

TEACHES A LEVEL UP MOVE.

🥄 Banette Learns Will-O-Wisp!

LEPPA

TEACHES A TM/TR MOVE.

🥄Dragonite forgets Thunder Wave and learns Thunderbolt!

SITRUS

🥄Dragonite forgets Hyper Beam and learns Extremespeed!

KEE

🥄Dracozolt's new moveset: Charge/Bolt Beak/Aerial Ace/Dragon Pulse/Dragon Rush/Ancient Power

PECHA

🥄Not using!

CHESTO

🥄Grotle evolves into Torterra!

PERSIM

🥄Dragonite's Inner Focus is replaced w/ Multiscale!

PERSIM

🥄Banette's Insomnia is replaced w/ Cursed Body!

GANLON

MAKES THE POKEMON SHINY

🥄Annihilape becomes shiny!

All of the above is for 's pokemon mentioned!
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,658 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
COMMUNAL CURRY #5
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2023 9:49:08 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar

INSTANT-NOODLE CURRY

ASPEAR

TEACHES A LEVEL UP MOVE.

🥄 Larvitar learns Earthquake

LEPPA

TEACHES A TM/TR MOVE.

🥄 Salamence forgets Headbutt and learns Return

SITRUS

🥄 Zarude forgets Bite and learns Darkest Lariat

KEE

🥄 Steelix's new moveset: iron tail, dig, stone edge, crunch, autotomize, sandstorm

PECHA

🗑️ Trash

CHESTO

🥄 Trapinch evolves to Vibrava. Vibrava forgets Crunch and learns Dragon Breath (evo. move)

PERSIM

🥄 Salamence's ability becomes Intimidate

PERSIM

🥄 Garchomp's ability becomes Sand Veil

GANLON

MAKES THE POKEMON SHINY

🗑️ Trash