POSTED ON Oct 25, 2023 5:56:44 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]BIRTH BY SLEEP

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

DREAM WORLD
SIGN-UPS

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1035423510278979624/1157820306866577559/dreamdrop.mp3[/player]
[break]
Dream World - Theme

PROLOGUE

marko:[break]
>boot up this new game[break]
>words appear on screen like is this thing haunted??[break]
>oshit oshit i just bought this game[break]
>report the glitch[break]
>cant replicate the glitch[break]
>message boards ask me "are u delulu?"[break]
>question myself if i should check myself in

[break][break]
do u guys lowkey ask urself sometimes if ure crazy or if its just hoenn lol
[break]
spirelly:[break]
no it's just u LOL
[break]
tay:[break]
HOLY i thought i was the only one who saw it! people are already discussing the answer for the riddle!
[break]
u guys still didnt get it? LOL i got it first try
[break]
WTF i just learned about it today
[break]
arrow:[break]
do u want a hint? LOL[break]
ya y not[break]
arrow:[break]
cyberspace is ur pc. the friend is ur mon that turned shadow.[break]
tay:[break]
ya thats what people said on the internet too!
[break]
imagine not finding that on ur own LMAO
[break]
so i just put him in my pc? he's already there tho

SYNOPSIS

Instructions on how to get back to the Dream World are released in the most peculiar manner. It is presented as a playful, quirky riddle, but it's the nature of its delivery that brings the attention to Hoenn's general populace.
[break][break]
In accordance to Hoenn's recent strange occurrences, people from all over the region have decided to decode it. People overthink it, just like how their inquisitiveness naturally is, but it is the simple and childish solution that triumphs over other theories that they have lost sleep over formulating about.
[break][break]
Others may have accidentally followed them, or others might have had help for thinking too deep into it. Regardless, people who successfully cleared the requirements find themselves here.
[break][break]
One by one, people wake up from their sleep and open their eyes up to a banquet hall with others who answered the call. They find themselves as small chibi avatars with blank features.
[break][break]
The place is thrashed and desolate, with clear signs of fighting having taken place decorating the scene. At the end of the room is a throne, and on it is a Snubbull with a crown. Looking at him prompts a translucent screen in front of those who tried.
[break][break]
[attr="class","rbynote"]
Welcome! Do you want to leave? We'll take you back safe! No strings attached, I promise!
[break]
[YES] [NO]

[newclass=.rbynote]border-width: 9px 9px 9px 9px;border-style:solid;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/UUqNs3l.png') 9 9 9 9 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px; margin-top:20px;background:#aaa;background-clip: padding-box;[/newclass]
[break][break]
If someone were to ask, another screen would appear acknowledging that one can leave any time they want, though you aren't sure if you'd be allowed back. There is no forcing any person in this game, and only those that really want to play can be ones blamed for their actions.

RULES & GUIDELINES

GENERAL RULES

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES. A more comprehensive list of rules will be published in each round. These rules are also subject to change.
[break][break]

• Participation on DREAM DROP DISTANCE is required.
  • [break]
  • Before you post, make sure you have redeemed your Shadow Pokemon from DREAM DROP DISTANCE. They have to be in your character's person and have not been traded/gifted away.
  • [break]
  • For the most part, this will continue to be a solo event. Please continue to use the thread from DREAM DROP DISTANCE for these prompts and ask to unlock it should you need to.
  • [break]
  • The main mega thread will feature prompts that you must fulfill. To fulfill these prompts, post in your character's Dream Drop Distance thread.
  • [break]
  • Each round will usually last from 5 to 7 days.
  • [break]
  • Missing a round unfortunately kicks you out of future rounds. You will still be able to finish the last round, however, and receive rewards based on your progress.
  • [break]
  • There is no limit for characters brought, but make sure you pace yourself

WHAT TO EXPECT

• There will be a main mega thread that will serve as a hub or your characters in between rounds. Updates will be posted there, though you can still use it to interact with other characters or react to announcements.
  • [break]
  • You are free to create social threads with other characters in this setting under the DREAM WORLD sub-board.
  • [break]
  • The event will feature a gauntlet of challenges that each player needs to clear every night. Instead of the entire event happening in a single day, it will be over a course of the month.
  • [break]
  • Characters will be anonymous. Their title will be your cute little hint for other characters about their identity.
  • [break]
  • There will approximately be around 5-6 rounds. The event ends on mid December.
  • [break]

SIGN-UPS

SIGN-UPS

This event's sign-ups will require a brief post with an in character reaction to what has transpired, followed by a form (template below) that will be answered OOCly.

EXAMPLE:[break]
Dahlia reacts in shock and wonders what to do. She decides to select YES.[break][break]

(copy paste form here)

In the form, please replace the entire line with your answer rather than just the parentheses.
[break][break]
If you want to post with a character that answers no, you can.
[break][break]

[div align="center"][div style="width:300px;"][attr="class","rbynote"][div align="center"]

nickname: (something your character will want to be called)[break]
title: (derogatory if possible. something to the likes of persona 4 arena)[break]
shadow pokemon: (species only)[break]

[/div][/div][/div]
[newclass=.rbynote]border-width: 9px 9px 9px 9px;border-style:solid;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/UUqNs3l.png') 9 9 9 9 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px; margin-top:20px;background:#aaa;background-clip: padding-box;[/newclass]

[break][break]

Examples of "derogatory titles" can be found here: PERSONA 4 ARENA WIKI.[break][break]

Should the instructions be too confusing, feel free to wait for someone else to do it and refer to other posts or ask on Discord.

DEADLINE

DEADLINE

The sign-ups will end on NOVEMBER 7TH, 11:59PM PST.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,582 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
BIRTH BY SLEEP - SIGN-UPS
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2023 9:04:30 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
A riddle isn't Temp's cup of tea. He leaves the big thinking to other people, forgets, and is happy just to accept life with his new, cool, shadowified Kabutops. It had been that way with Father Winter's riddle, had been that way with every other deeper thought problem. Tempest just happened to walk right into them by sheer coincidence.

It's the same with this one. When he finds him as a little chibi avatar, he is confused and freaked out.

The puppy is a much better thing to find that an Unown trying to fire death balls into his face. So Tempest decides to sit back, relax and just... find out what the fuck is going on.

An inquisitive mind likes to be fed, so of course Tempest answers [NO]. He doesn't want to go back.

[attr="class","rbynote"]

waterdog[break]
musclebound idiot savant[break]
kabutops[break]

close tab

played by

Meggy

She/Her
November 13th
Lumioise City, Kalos
Heterosexual
News Reporter
Civilian
Single
14 height
14 height
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sierra
Sierra Benoit
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2023 23:22:57 GMT
Sierra Benoit Avatar
After a string of bizarre and surreal dreams, Sierra discovered a mysterious riddle in her emails. Oddly, it vanished without a trace, as if it had never existed. Initially unconcerned, the phenomenon soon spread like wildfire, engulfing others in its enigmatic grip.[break][break]

In the end, Sierra's chosen answer to the riddle was "password."[break][break]

Upon waking up, Sierra found herself surrounded by several chibi avatars, including her own, in a room that defied reality. At the forefront stood the crowned Snubbull, a symbol of authority.[break][break]

As her eyes met the regal Pokémon, a message materialized. Did she want to return to reality? Despite the surreal nature of her surroundings, Sierra hesitated. She had come this far, and being a firsthand witness to such a strange phenomenon promised a captivating story![break][break]
[NO][break][break]

[attr="class","rbynote"]

Arreis[break]
The Boozed Broadcaster[break]
tyranitar[break]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,350 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2023 3:35:17 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar

She used to love riddles, but lately, her mind felt far too restless to piece through their abstract meaning. Too many things tired her too much, while others irritated her too often. Peace of mind was a luxury she'd lost after accepting two other deities' thoughts in her head.

So with her sanity at its thinnest breaking point, she awakened to find herself in this strange place. Strange, faceless people surrounded her on all sides, the only familiar face among them that of her Roselia, Primrose -- now wreathed in a shadowy essence that left her different from the faithful companion she'd once called her only friend in Kalos.

A question was asked, and an answer chosen:

"NO."

The last time she'd gambled like this, she'd stumbled on Tapu Fini. Who knew what might happen, this time?

[attr="class","rbynote"]

the_florist[break]
The Scorned Tsundere of Petalburg[break]
Roselia[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
5,945 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2023 5:20:46 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Waking from his dream with his arm covered in blood oozing out of Manectric bite marks, Josh found himself in a vast banquet hall, desperate to find a napkin, towel, or anything he could use to dress his wound. The last thing he wanted to think about was a riddle. Able to find one without incident, he stepped into the nearest restroom to stem the bleeding. In the mirror, he saw his face as a chibi-fied version of himself from his dream. Except there was no yellow armor. No sword sheath at his hip. What in the world happened?

Wandering the hall for clues, he stumbled into the crowned Snubbull, a virt screen not unlike the ones in the VRMMO he played with several of his friends on occasion. Though the prompts didn't mention the words "log out", being able to leave any time he wanted was reassuring.

The curiosity in him led him to the determination to get to the bottom of what was going on. With the bleeding stemmed for now, the Gym Leader bravely made his choice of [NO].

[attr="class","rbynote"]

nickname: Rai[break]
title: Mauville's Lightning Bruiser[break]
shadow pokemon: Manectric[break]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,723 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2023 8:10:16 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
An inquisitive mind feeds off mystery, a thirst for knowledge barely quenched by whatever answers she may find online. A cyberspace being their keep and a PC made sense, but what did it mean by 'made the leap'? Conversion into a shadow pokemon? Sure, there'd been something that happened just like this when the entrance to cyberspace opened amidst those islands, but other than a gut feeling that something needs to be done, there's no trail to be followed.

At least, until she wakes up.

It's strange to be a near same height to everyone else, even weirder that no one seems to have any defining features here. How did she end up here? Why does this place kind of remind her of that one time an Unown showed up at the soiree?

Looking around garners her more questions rather than answers, the translucent pop-up snagging her attention as she reads it over. It sure does sound like something a DRK Triad member attempting to mess with them would do, but is she really the kind to pass up on a game as strange as this?

[NO]

She'll bite. And perhaps, there'll be something interesting to be found at the end of it all.

[attr="class","rbynote"]

lyncis[break]
terror tot[break]
basculegion[break]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,851 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2023 8:16:17 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Having boxed his Lycanroc in order to stop it from fighting with the other dogs until he got the beast under control, it's entirely by accident that Cillian finds himself here.

It's not the first strange place he's found himself in. Knowing Hoenn, it won't be the last.

Do you want to leave?

There is only brief hesitation before he makes his choice.

[NO]

[attr="class","rbynote"]

harbinger[break]
brother of the year[break]
midnight lycanroc[break]

close tab

played by

❁ des ❁

❁ ora ❁
❁ she/her ❁
❁ thirty three ❁
❁ november 3 ❁
❁ akala, alola ❁
❁ bisexual ❁
❁ sea witch ❁
❁ senior ranger ❁
🌊
i dream of it. [single]
❁ 6'4" height
❁ 6'4" height
awards
85 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oracelies
ORACELIES SOLAR
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2023 10:20:06 GMT
ORACELIES SOLAR Avatar

Perhaps the 'leap' the odd riddle was referring to related to what had happened to Pocillopora, the Primarina child of Oracelies. It was such a peculiar thing to experience for Oracelies, waking up to such a drastic change in the attitude of the fairy kissed by the tides- but there was equal parts grace as there was an eccentric mystery when it came to the ocean, and she figured these events had to tie into the very thing she couldn't go minutes without thinking about. Something that if true, would be irrefutable to shy away from.

She awoke in a chamber flowing with simplified figures without typical features, accompanied by companions of theirs that had made the leap just as the water type had. To be stripped of her identity that had bore so much weight, so many strides- it felt good, something she had always dreamed of ever since her previous career came tumbling down on her own accord. There was a prompt enabling the ability to leave, but curiosity about the ethereality of it all prompted her to stay.

[no]

Pressing the button without hesitation, heart open just like how she considered her third eye, Oracelies was in for whatever this level of her subconscious was trying to show her. Though, with those in the streets speaking of the vanished message, perhaps this too would be a universal experience.

[attr="class","rbynote"]

solar[break]
the dripped out witch of wet[break]
primarina[break]

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,281 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2023 15:03:10 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
After waking up for the day at the embassy, she gets herself dressed and has her Noivern ferry her to Rustboro City. Opening the door to her office and sitting down at her chair, Her shiny Polteageist sits on the bookshelf after he has prepared her morning green tea while one of her assistants gives her a small bit of paperwork to work on for the Galarian immigrants that were coming to the region. An email would be waiting for her on her work computer as she boots it up with the ambassador clicking on it.

She was fond of riddles since they were little brain teasers, but this one was a bit weird. The riddle itself had a prompt whether she’d like to leave with saying yes or the option to say no and not to stay. The purple-haired royal clicks the option to say that she wouldn’t stay.

[No]

Before she can react, Elise gets transported to another world where there a banquet hall and a Snubbull with a crown. The sight of the crowned Snubbull weirds her out a little while she sees her Froslass has joined her, the appearance of the ice type ghost becoming purple and wreathed in shadow.

[attr="class","rbynote"]

Hecate[break]
Morose Witch Princess[break]
Froslass[break]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,418 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2023 0:20:37 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
After catching his Drowzee putting several Gym-goers to sleep, Hideo had to box it until he could train properly. It'd never done that before, but since his Pokemon reported some odd changes in the Drowzee, it'd been acting differently, and time wasn't always easy to find.

So it was by pure chance that he woke up in…wherever this is. Hideo had absolutely no idea where he was. It sounded like there were other people here, but he had no idea who they were.

As he turned around, he heard a voice in his ears - a mechanical voice reading out something to him, like a text-to-speech program (because he otherwise would have no idea what to do).

Confused as he was, he was curious. His hand reached to the right side, tapping his choice.

[NO]

[attr="class","rbynote"]

dreemur[break]
Testy Typhlotic Tyke[break]
Drowzee[break]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,619 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2023 4:43:51 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
word travels quickly. she's still blinking, bleary-eyed as she scrolls through her feed, one hand on a half-drunk pot of coffee. she nearly fills it to the rim, so absorbed in what she's seeing, and then goes to fetch her things. answers, she thinks in whispers. answers are what she needs.

so she goes.

and avatars shift, blank faces turn toward a feast for the starving. her digital hand does not hesitate as she selects no.

[attr="class","rbynote"]

artemesia[break]
the oathbreaking sycophant[break]
salamence[break]

close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
what would you trade the pain for? i'm not sure.
awards
219 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2023 6:51:34 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
it feels silly to search for answers in a dream, especially when mika had resolved to themself that they'd start living their real life, and not worry about what-ifs or what-could-have-beens. but there is a natural curiosity within her that hasn't been satiated yet, one that searches for more and more discoveries and validation with each passing moment. if there is a chance to find out the why and how, no matter how trivial, then one should take it. [break]

and this is her reasoning as she selects no on the screen, her world drowning in darkness and pixels and sound. when next she awakes, she sees the results of her choice, a dream that continues long after the night has ended — answers that lie beneath the surface, untouched and unscratched. [break]

time to get to digging. [break]

[attr="class","rbynote"]

blue_mi[break]
the flightless bird[break]
annihilape[break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2023 19:25:13 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
Geezus.

So it wasn’t just him that had gotten the strange notification? Looks like there was a lot of people that had encountered the exact same thing, and boy that was terrifying.

Don’t tell me it’s like that goddamned Rondez-vous game all over again?! he thought in a fit of panic, before reaching for his phone and realizing…

Right, he didn’t have a title anymore. Maybe he could make use of that little idiosyncrasy.

“I ain’t going anywhere until I get answers.”

So without further ado, he jabs at the ‘NO’ option, and is presented with another prompt…

[attr="class","rbynote"]

nickname: Michael[break]
title: the disgraced firstborn[break]
shadow pokemon: altaria[break]

Out of sheer hilarious irony, he decided to use his second name, rather than his known go-to. That would make it way too obvious it was him if he picked his usual choice…

close tab

played by

Kiri

She/Her
December 9th
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
Coordinator
Civilian
i have a dream where you and i have the same dream!
awards
175 posts
Momo Sakai DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @momo
Momo Sakai
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2023 1:03:33 GMT
Momo Sakai Avatar
she's never been one to shy away from a game or the potential to have fun, so when there comes a chance to explore the world of dreams again, momo doesn't hesitate to dive right in. last time, it showed her sweet dreams and a future of happiness. what will it show her this time? [break]

do you want to leave? [break]

her answer resonates deeply inside her—it sounds like a song she knows. [break]

no. [break]

[attr="class","rbynote"]

peaches[break]
cavity-inducing, sugar-pink maniac of happiness[break]
clefable[break]

close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass.
awards
566 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2023 1:39:55 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
Jack grinned at his computer when he saw the royal Snubbull. What an interesting little game! I wonder if is playing too? When the dialogue box appeared asking if he wanted to leave, it was an easy choice:

[NO]

He loved video games and this new one seemed to have the gaming world abuzz with speculation. Nothing like being there on launch day, right?

[attr="class","rbynote"]

aviator[break]
half naked wanderer[break]
chandelure[break]