shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]COMMUNAL CURRY

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

REVAMPED CURRY SYSTEM
ENDS JUNE 30TH, 11:59PM PST

CURRY SYSTEM REVAMPED

WELCOME TO THE REVAMPED CURRY SYSTEM! Every couple of months staff will create a curry mega thread.[break][break]

Each character of yours may submit a single completed thread to participate. Based on several factors such as the amount of threads submitted, quality of the thread (e.g. is it relevant to character growth, site plot, etc.) staff will reward players with a variety of rewards...[break][break]

Furthermore, THREADS MUST BE STARTED AND COMPLETED WITHIN MAY & JUNE, to promote what happened during that period of time & to encourage movement of threads and plot.
Players will be required to post with the following:[break][break]

• thread title & link
  • brief summary of the thread
  • brief commentary as to why it was selected

This will serve as a player curated ‘thread of the month’ montage to showcase threads that are either important to their character, a thread they would want to show off, or had fun participating in.[break][break]

Curry rewards will be determined by the quality of thread submissions, thread types, the total amount of submissions and more! Afterward, a post will be made with further instructions about redeeming the curry rewards.[break][break]

An example of a past communal curry can be found here: COMMUNAL CURRY #1.

OPTIONAL TEMPLATE

FEEL FREE TO USE THE CODE BELOW, to provide your character's single entry to the communal curry.[break][break]

[blockquote][a href="https://pkmn-hoenn.boards.net/"][h1]THREAD TITLE[/h1][/a]
[h2]character's curry entry[/h2]
[b]thread summary:[/b] write here

[b]why is it important?:[/b] write here[/blockquote]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,040 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
COMMUNAL CURRY #3
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2022 14:42:48 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar

PRIMAL

matias' curry entry

thread summary: matias, after offering to help 's relicanth, ends up blasting it with a z-move that roasts it alive. more importantly, it opens up a portal, sending them to primal hoenn (?) where two titans await.[break]
why is it important?: having built up their bond as close friends and allies, it serves as an end to an arc as that same bond is ripped apart. it allowed me to explore and further develop an aspect of matias' character that i've been planning to, and to have been able to write it out across threads with pilo1 was fantastic.

thanks for being a great friend and for always trying to help push plots, pilo1!

plot-wise, it could set up further divide between matias and others in the league which i always enjoy writing. groudon's now back in play as well as primal energy, so there are things to explore there as well!

overall, it was a great experience to write and and matias' dynamic has been among my favorites i've been able to write on hoenn so far.
close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
it gets lonely in this gangster's paradise
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
COMMUNAL CURRY #3
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2022 16:49:52 GMT
Guillermo Marceliño Avatar

LEAVE THE LIGHT ON

's curry entry

thread summary: receives a series of panicked messages from who is having some PTSD flashbacks while dealing with personal demons of his past. Ever heroic and also scared to death (having seen what happens when Alex gets hurt) Memo rushes immediately over to Fortree to help. There are revelations, reassurances, and finally, cuddles.

why is it important?: So Ven and I have been working on these kids honestly since I joined a few months ago and what started as a speeddate has turned into the happiest, gayest thing we ever could have come up with. But OOC things aside, it is incredible just how much Guillermo really cares for Alexei. Like, I didn't have anything to do with that-- there were no retcons or character changes. This is him at his most basic finding Alex fucking adorable and amazing. They're literally perfect for each other, and it was 100% by accident. So then it comes to this thread, which starts with Memo being terrified that something horrible is happening, and ends with feel-good cuddles. And it's this whole spectrum of realizing how worried he was and then how nervous he is about sleeping in the same bed (in a completely innocent fashion) that it really dawns on him that shit, I'm in love. Like, not that he just really likes Alexei, but that he is in love with him. That's a big moment for Memo, because his whole story thus far has been a lot of sort of sequestered, Can't Trust Nobody But Myself, Batman-esque singular suffering. But now he's letting another person in and it's great and terrifying and awesome and momentous.

Obviously I gotta give it up to my best RP partner Ven who is literally the best as well. Super excited to see where these dorks go in the future.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
COMMUNAL CURRY #3
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2022 23:32:31 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

SPARKS

's curry entry ft

thread summary: Two rookie Rangers get paired up, and shenanigans happened. Obviously someone ain’t happy about the bright orange of the Hoennian Ranger uniforms and makes a solid statement about them before they proceed with training exercises.

Mistakes were definitely made. Whoops!

(Oh and yeah, Lars absolutely hates their squad leader. Complete and total stick in the mud.)

why is it important?: This thread takes place in the past—basically, Lars had just been transferred over from Alto Mare back to his home region and he ain’t happy about the state of the uniforms, or the training he has to attend despite him already having completed said training elsewhere. And then there’s a crack about the budget, even this far into the past!

This thread allowed me to take a crack at pre-snarklord (pre-Articuno) Lars, having to put up with the insanity that is Hoennian Ranger training. Look, he got his training done in Alto Mare, so he knows a lot more about aquatic situations, and therefore has to unlearn almost every single thing he’d picked up—which is completely and totally craycray on his part.

Enter Ollie, who apparently is also a troublemaker, whoops!

Basically: watch a couple of idiots makes complete and absolute morons out of themselves while trying to complete the simple “trust” exercise. (Care to guess how it ended?)

OOCly—I finally get the chance to write with Milky again! Welcome back fam! I can feel big ol’ Ollie energy all the way from out here! Clearly someone is gonna get into trouble when they meet again in the future—

(The insanity continues, as we are going to be completing all of the Commitment mission chain!)
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
598 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
COMMUNAL CURRY #3
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2022 3:45:48 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar

SOULS

dahlia's curry entry

thread summary: head scientist confronts about her government's decision to warp the meteoroid to sea hoenn. in the process, eva is given clearance to investigate another method of dealing with the meteoroid.

why is it important?: short but sweet, the thread is a good demonstration of conflict within a faction itself. although dahlia holds eva close to her heart compared to other officials working in the league, there is still room for tension, conflicting ideals, and more. furthermore, it was a nice opportunity to convey a little bit of dahlia's feelings towards meteoroid issue.

i also wanted to exercise the "yes and-" for roleplay here, not just as an admin, but as a player collaborating with another. \o/ thank you bd for the fun!
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

He/Him/His
June 12th
Lilycove City
Bisexual
Lighthouse Keeper
Grunt
Shut up and be happy
it's all in your head
5'10" / 177.8cm height
5'10" / 177.8cm height
You will find no hidden agendas in the sea's desire to swallow you whole
awards
211 posts
part of
TAG WITH @klaus
klaus anchoret
COMMUNAL CURRY #3
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2022 3:42:05 GMT
klaus anchoret Avatar

JUST ANOTHER DAY AT THE BEACH

Klaus's curry entry

thread summary: This is a follow up to and Klaus's DW in which they first met each other. After doing a bit of thieving for Rocket, Klaus runs into Beau on the beach where they have a quick, awkward chat and bond over surfing before Klaus peaces out so as to not get arrested.

why is it important?: This sets the stage for future interactions with Beau and Klaus, since Klaus offered to give Beau a tour of the lighthouse. Klaus doesn't have many friends, and it's significant to him that Beau is able to continue talking with him when Klaus's nerves get the better of him and he reverts to sign language.
close tab

played by

LAIKA BOSS

Gigi
She/Her
January 1st
Snowbelle, Kalos
Unknown
Pokemon Breeder
Ex-Gym Leader
Be kind to yourself
Even though it gets hard
5' 3" / 160 CM height
5' 3" / 160 CM height
The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep
awards
306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mudlark
Georgette Bluebottle
COMMUNAL CURRY #3
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2022 3:47:28 GMT
Georgette Bluebottle Avatar

ICE TO SEE YOU AGAIN!

Georgette's curry entry

thread summary: For this thread Georgette invites her first gym challenger back for an exhibition match at Mossdeep! Gigi ends up losing the fight, but she had a good time and learned from the experience regardless.

why is it important?: Georgette is used to losing, but this is one of the first times she has experienced a fight in which she guessed wrong as to the other Pokemon's ability and it cost her partner for it. The fight allowed her to grow as a trainer, while also showing her compassionate side - once her pokemon is battered and on the ground, she immediately forfeits without a second thought.
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
COMMUNAL CURRY #3
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2022 20:28:55 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

ALLY

Eva's curry entry

thread summary: reaches out to Eva in hops of understanding better what she has found in regards after her Father Winter thread. It aligns with Eva's personal goals, and an Allyship is formed.

why is it important?: A) Crow is lovely to RP with and Freya is such an interesting character! It shows the importance of stepping out your comfort zone (Freya's in this case) to seek help. OOCly it shows the power fo collaboration, and using the resources available to us as RPers to work together to reach similar goals and left each other up and writers and create new avenues for plots! Can't wait to see more of this ^_^
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
✨ I'm addicted to shining and glowing
awards
2,661 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
COMMUNAL CURRY #3
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2022 6:27:09 GMT
mint frost Avatar

DISNEY KID DRAMA

mint's curry entry

thread summary: @artemis and mint haven't spoken to each other in months, and after the disastrous events in ROCK BOTTOM during Christmas the relationship has completely broken off. this would be the first time they meet up, forced to PURGE a known Rocket traitor. Unfortunately things don't go smoothly and neither is really equipped to deal with the loss of life. mint's second kill is still via pokemon as he cannot pull the trigger himself just yet.
why is it important?: i think it's important because it is proof to Artemis that Mint is changing drastically from the lengths he's willing to go for Rocket. It's a break in character, and a glimpse into what he is becoming under Rocket's pressure and influence. And Artemis hates it. This mission shattered any hopes of reconciliation between them. ( which is why upon completion and further review it's being retconned )
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,646 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
COMMUNAL CURRY #3
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2022 7:52:52 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar

Lay the Truth Bare

andrea's curry entry

thread summary: Shortly after the TIERED TEA ROOM event, Andrea and sit down at the lower level of the fleur tea atelier, where they brainstorm in an attempt to put together all the riddles, ominous hints and seemingly random pieces of legendary Pokemon trivia they got during their challenges.
why is it important?: What started as a joke thread meant to fulfill the "fade to black" endeavor turned out a pretty fun RP experience, owed in part to Socks' hilarious writing. Nagi's more aloof mannerisms compliment Andrea's loud, eccentric personality quite nicely. Their interaction reminds me of a slice of life anime, teasing a potential romance when they're actually just really good friends. While Nagi is obviously the brains of the group, Andrea was also shown to be capable of intellectual thinking when it comes to Pokemon-related stuff, especially if she has someone equally invested as her to bounce off of. Although they didn't find any answers to the questions presented in TTR, neither character has given up researching.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,646 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
COMMUNAL CURRY #3
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2022 21:31:34 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar

HOWLING AT THE MOON

zev's curry entry

thread summary: Zev meets and , two new patrons of his bar, Howling at the Moon, for the first time. Zev shows off the fine drinks and fare of Howling while encouraging them to stay and make themselves comfortable. At the end of their brief conversation, however, a third customer enters the bar — a member of Team Rocket. Zev recognizes what this man's arrival means and leads him to a back room, where they discuss Zev's real business: killing people.[break]
why is it important?: This thread shows the two sides of Zev: the friendly, charismatic mask and the callous killer underneath it. Additionally, it shows that his bar is a front for Rocket operations, particularly when they need him to eliminate troublesome individuals. Lastly, it sets up any future interactions Zev might have with Beau and Jack, both of whom he could use as "friends" to maintain his persona of a normal guy.
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass.
awards
566 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
COMMUNAL CURRY #3
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2022 1:15:42 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar

HOWLING AT THE MOON

jack's curry entry

thread summary: After meeting during a beach clean up, Jack invites to go out for drinks with him at a bar he has been hearing about. Jack and Beau meet the bar owner, , who opens their palettes to expensive whiskey cocktails and fancy culinary delights. Jack and Beau make a new acquaintance in Zev while their canine pokemon play together.[break]
why is it important?: This thread continues the story of the developing friendship between Jack and Beau, marking the first time Jack has really bonded with anyone since moving to Hoenn, allowing Jack to feel less lonely and more connected to his new home. The relaxed atmosphere of the bar and the shared experience of trying a fancy cocktail strengthens their friendship, even as their canine pokemon warm up to one another. The thread also sets up a relationship between Jack and Zev to be expanded upon in future threads.

close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
A keen mind cuts deeper than even the sharpest sword.
awards
1,006 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
COMMUNAL CURRY #3
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2022 23:11:27 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar

CUTTING OUT THE ROT

aurelie's curry entry

thread summary: Aurelie makes a delivery of specially commissioned combat knives to , who invites her to test them out in person on his latest contract-killing assignment to eliminate a member of old Rocket still loyal to Blackwell, the former Rocket boss.

why is it important?:
This thread showed Zev's cold, ruthless on-the-job demeanor as well as his combat skills and strategical intelligence as a contract killer, while allowing them both to share their mutual appreciation for well-crafted knives. It also served as Aurelie's introduction to the more unsavory, shady, and dangerous work that Rocket might demand from her, which will hopefully lead to other intense and exciting Rocket-specific missions for her (or for them both) in the future. Overall, I found this thread really fun and enjoyable, not least because it played out a lot like a fast-paced action movie for both characters!
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
COMMUNAL CURRY #3
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2022 0:29:52 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar

BEESWAX

isaac's curry entry

thread summary: gets roped into an adventure in science with . As always, pandemonium and hazardous field research procedures ensure. A short and sweet thread where Isaac wonders just who the bigger threat is: a swarm of hate-fueled bees, or his own teammate.[break] [break]why is it important?: This is one of the first two threads I've participated in on Hoenn, and is the first one to actually come to a close. For this reason, it was an essential building block in figuring out just what makes Isaac tick as a character. We got to see both his irreverent sarcasm and his ride-or-die attitude toward his friends, with the two rather opposite traits swirling together into a delicious combo of loving snark. In addition, the thread's banter helped set the tone for an in medias res friendship with Ceri; just hearing the two talk to each other immediately gives a sense of what their dynamic is like, and it makes it easy to imagine just what sorts of scientific adventures they've been on before and will be going on afterwards.
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,725 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
COMMUNAL CURRY #3
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2022 1:08:29 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar

NO MATTER THE SIZE OF YOUR OPPONENT

eris' curry entry

thread summary: LITERALLY DESTROYS A KID IN A FAIR GAME

why is it important?: First off, I genuinely enjoyed the thread because azul's the other writer. But also, this thread allows Eris to connect with the more kid side of her, the one that doesn't really need to think about Rocket and League allegiances or unholy prophecies showering from the unknown. She's just there to have fun, plain and simple and it gives her a break from the constant stress she finds herself facing!

Wholesome thread 10/10 would absolutely do it again if you ignore the part of TAM ABSOLUTELY WRECKING A CHILD'S DREAMS OF A MAREEP PLUSHIE!!