[attr="class","omgenmid"]

SCHEDULED END: SEPTEMBER 30TH, 11:59PM PST
FLYING-TYPE PERKS

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_rhd2hu4KVe1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
[break]
🎼 Battle Vs. Ash (Pokemon Masters EX)
[break][break]

NEWS SUMMARY

IMPORTANT INFO HERE! Below are important or notable news items that deserve your attention. Take a look![break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • I. SLATEPORT SPLASHFEST is now over! Please ensure that your crown tracker posts are updated by SEPTEMBER 1ST, 11:59PM PST. Afterward, the SPLASH ROYALTY will be crowned and the winners will be announced at the MAINSTAGE.
  • II. The CROWN EXCHANGE is now open! If you have participated in Splashfest, exchange your crowns for special items and rewards.

4TH ANNIVERSARY INTRO & PERKS

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_qhaj92yjZJ1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
[break][break]
IT IS HOENN'S 4TH ANNIVERSARY! Thank you all for those who have stuck around and to those who have just joined. This site has been an absolute pleasure to run for the past four years. I'm grateful to all of you who have invested so much into your characters, your personal plots, and the overarching site narrative.[break][break]

I am proud to say that as a four-year-old site, we have cultivated a unique experience that can not be found anywhere else.[break][break]

TO EXPRESS OUR GRATITUDE, there are three anniversary packs for you to choose from. These packs have made a return from the previous anniversary event with slight adjustments.[break][break]

[attr="class","raidInstr"]
CAPTURE PACK
[break]

[break][break]

BATTLE PACK
[break]

[break][break]

EVOLUTION PACK
[break]

[break][break][break][break]

HOW TO PICK

PLEASE HEED THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES.[break][break]

Only ONE OF YOUR CHARACTERS may redeem a pack from above. You do not need to post in the site shop to officialize your redemptions. However, if you are finalizing your custom pokemon or rolling any gachapon from the capture pack, then you must post the details/transaction in the site shop.[break][break]

Please POST IN THIS THREAD detailing which pack you are picking on which character! A nice message is always welcome too.[break][break]

As a note, for CUSTOM POKEMON, you are able to choose any moves that they can learn from Generation 7-8. You may choose any of the abilities they can learn and whether they are shiny or regular colour. Lastly, you can not pick a legendary, mythical, Hisuian pokemon or Unown. Sorry![break][break]

The deadline to redeem these packs is SEPTEMBER 30TH, 11:59PM PST.

FLYING-TYPE PERKS

FLYING-TYPE POKEMON GAIN BENEFITS! This includes Pokémon with dual typings that include the FLYING-TYPE.[break][break]

• FLYING-TYPE pokemon evolutionary lines have their evolutions discounted by 50%.
  • FLYING-TYPE pokemon evolutionary lines have a higher chance of possessing 5 moves, egg moves, hidden abilities, and being shiny.
  • SPEAROW/FEAROW can be sold to the black market for 100 PD, while WATER-TYPE POKEMON can be sold for 2X THE PRICE.

4TH ANNIVERSARY EVENTS

[attr="class","reward2"]SPECIAL EVENTS/ACTIVITIES
[break]

SYGNA SUITS HAVE BEEN RELEASED! A new mechanic has been released unto Hoenn thanks to a variety of plot developments. Take a look at this new feature that characters can work toward.[break][break]

INFO LINK: CLICK HERE

THE NEXT COMMUNAL CURRY IS HERE! In this new activity, each of your characters can submit one thread of particular significance to the pot. By the end, everyone who participates will receive rewards depending on the quality of the threads! This particular communal curry will be finished cooking on SEPTEMBER 30TH, 11:59PM PST.[break][break]

EVENT LINK: CLICK HERE

A TRANSFER OF POWER 3 — While the League discusses their plans to handle the meteoroid, Team Rocket composes plans in its large shadow. The crime syndicate brings its members together to forge their next move...[break][break]

ONGOING STAFF EVENTS

[attr="class","reward2"]ONGOING STAFF EVENTS
[break]

AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 3 — After Necrozma's attack on Sootopolis, Commissioner calls for a meeting of the League's elite to discuss issues both current and incoming.[break][break]

EVENT LINK: READ HERE

MEMBER-LED EVENTS

MEMBER-LED EVENT LIST

BELOW ARE SEVERAL EVENTS CRAFTED AND MODERATED BY MEMBERS. Although staff collaborate with members to create these events, they are mostly conducted entirely by their player-creators. Sign-ups for these events will be posted soon and more may be on the way!

RANGERS RISING (VEN, SPACE & MILKY) — The Rangers hold a summit in order to dispense information, celebrate promotions and to build camaraderie amongst themselves as the region faces a dire threat from space.[break][break]

DAWN OF A NEW DAY (CAPTAIN & GREYSON) — In light of recent events, notably what the League dubbed "The Darkest Day", the council has put into effect its newest initiative: VALOR. Led by the newest councilwoman, , the objective of this initiative is to stabilize the region and provide the support it needs to thrive once again...[break][break]

PUMPKABOO SPOOKTACULAR (GUNSMILE) — The 99943 METENO meteoroid hurtles toward Hoenn at a startling speed. Unless Commissioner 's government succeeds in diverting the meteoroid to Sea Hoenn, it is the end of the world as we know it...[break][break]

A group of anonymous revelers, however, see doomsday as the perfect opportunity to party. What better way to cheer up everyone's dour mood than gifting and eating sweets, dressing up in costumes, and spending time with loved ones? Join in the fun and collect some exciting rewards![break][break]

COMING SOON

EVENTS COMING SOON

TO KEEP YOUR CURIOSITY SATIATED, below are sneak previews coming to Hoenn! Considering September will be a relatively relaxed month, I want to make sure that you stay on your toes!

PER ASPERA AD ASTRA — The 99943 METENO meteoroid is about to strike Hoenn. Various motivations and factions clash as the meteoroid descends— but as the countdown to impact ticks down, it is clear nothing ever goes as planned in this doomed region.[break][break]

EVENT LINK: COMING SOON

DATING SIM / OTOME EVENT — Find ways to curry favor with particular NPCs, while trying to steal the hearts of your friends. In this "otome-styled" event, you will be able to create your own "visual novels" to raise your social links foster better bonds and get a coveted spot on someone's relationship tracker![break][break]

EVENT LINK: COMING 2023

SITE REFRESHES

NEW SWARMS/DISTORTIONS

BE ON THE LOOKOUT! The list below will be continually updated with new swarms or space-time distortions, for these events are time-limited. Furthermore, these events will also be posted on the Discord, so you can't miss them![break][break][break]

SAFARI ZONE

THE SAFARI ZONE HAS REFRESHED with a new selection. This new selection will last until SEPTEMBER 30TH, 11:59PM PST. Below, you can see the new rotation of Pokemon that you can capture. The previous safari selection's threads will be forcibly archived by SEPTEMBER 7TH, 11:59PM PST.

To enter the safari zone, purchase a safari zone ticket for 50 PD in the site shop.

MORE REWARDS; MORE PLOTS!

EVENT MISSIONS

These missions will be archived by the end of the next event cycle.[break][break]

Specific event-based missions have not released yet; however, most will be released toward the middle of the month to coincide with GUNSMILE'S PUMPKABOO EVENT.[break][break]

NEW STANDARD MISSIONS

New standard missions have been released. Thank you to AZUL for one of the standard mission ideas![break][break]

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
69. HOENN'S 4TH ANNIVERSARY
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 9:25:20 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, HOENN ♡

Ready for some soppiness? I've only been in Hoenn for little over a year, but I can honestly say it has been such a wonderful experience ♡ I can't even begin to express how thankful I am for Hoenn. I have made so many friends and gotten to write incredible plots with amazingly talented writers, and getting a chance to develop characters I've had for years in new and unexpected ways has been so exciting! There's so many plot arc that will always have a special place in my heart, and I really look forward to making more wonderful memories.

Thank you and for everything you do, for all the love and care you put into the site's lore and arcs, and for making Hoenn into a place where people can feel inspired to write. LOVE YOU ALL

REDEEMING: Capture Pack for
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,643 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 10:14:41 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Redeeming the EVOLUTION PACK for

I haven't been very active lately due to being busy with my own site, but I love Hoenn and I hope to continue roleplaying with all the wonderful people here! Thank you and for all the hard work you put into running this site for over 4 years!
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,848 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 10:55:41 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
I have come to snag the Evo Pack! Thank you for being amazing for the past while that I've been here! You guys are the MVP's
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,851 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 11:06:44 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Coming up on my third year on Hoenn in November! It's officially the RP site I've stuck with the longest and the friends I've made here mean more to me than I can express with words. Just know that I love you all, and here's to another year of writing together!

CAPTURE PACK goes to . (I brought you back, , but he's still the favourite. Sorry.)
close tab

played by

Lady

Sach
He/Him
December 23
Oreburgh City, Sinnoh
Bisexual
Ranger
Cadet
Widowed, Not Looking
5 height
5 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
37 posts
SACHA ROSIER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sacha
SACHA ROSIER
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 11:22:40 GMT
SACHA ROSIER Avatar
I just want to say that even though I've only really been around for like a week, this place is amazing and I couldn't ask for a cooler community. You guys are awesome. Thank you!

I'm going to snag the Evolution Pack for Sacha, please!
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 11:58:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar
I Just wanted to say, I've been here a few times but never stuck around. But now that I have I don't think I'll ever leave! Thank you for being so kind and understanding. I've had a blast this past month or so on the site! now, here's to Hoenn's 4th anniversary! Congrats! <3 Now onward to 5 years and beyond!

also,
CLAIMING: EVOLUTION PACK for TOBIAS
close tab

played by

liekos

leo, leon
he/him
twenty-eight
september 30th
rustboro city, hoenn
demirom. bisex.
ceo, inventor
ace
save a little
love for me
6 ft 5 in (~196 cm) height
6 ft 5 in (~196 cm) height
i wish i were better, i wish i had strength. i wish i had anything to prove i was brave.
awards
466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leonidas
Leonidas Stone
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 13:42:24 GMT
Leonidas Stone Avatar
gonna be yoinking the capture pack for ![break][break]

i'm still at work at the moment, so i can't say too much, but like a few others have done so far, i do wanna thank and for the super fun site, systems, and events they've whipped up! only been here for a 'lil less than a year now, and i only drop into the discord every so often, but on top of site-related stuff, the community's been a nice one from day one, and i hope to be around next year to see new faces added to it!
close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 13:44:46 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
Taking the Capture Pack for !

Thanks for 2 years of shenanigans! Officially the longest site I've stuck with, and hoping for many more!
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 15:31:03 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
I'll go with the evo pack!

Hoenn has honestly felt more like a home to me than any site I've been on in ages. The sheer passion that everyone puts in, both staff and members, has inspired me to heights of writing that I've never dreamed of before. Faction based Pokemon is where I found my first true home, Predormitum. It's only fitting a site like this is what kicks my inspiration into levels I've never even dreamed of before.

Thank you guys for a truly special 2 months. If we've already made so many memories this early, I can't wait to see what the future holds.