shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]COMMUNAL CURRY

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

CURRY SYSTEM
ENDS FEBRUARY 29TH, 11:59PM PST

CURRY SYSTEM REVAMPED

WELCOME TO COMMUNAL CURRY. Every couple of months staff will create a curry mega thread for members to partake in the creation of a delicious, rewarding meal.[break][break]

Each character of yours may submit a single completed thread to participate. Based on several factors such as the amount of threads submitted, quality of the thread (e.g. is it relevant to character growth, site plot, etc.) staff will reward players with a variety of rewards.[break][break]

Furthermore, THREADS MUST BE STARTED AND COMPLETED WITHIN JANUARY & FEBRUARY, to promote what happened during that period of time & to encourage movement of threads and plot.
Players will be required to post with the following:[break][break]

• thread title & link
  • brief summary of the thread
  • brief commentary as to why it was selected

This will serve as a player curated ‘thread of the month’ montage to showcase threads that are either important to their character, a thread they would want to show off, or had fun participating in.[break][break]

Curry rewards will be determined by the quality of thread submissions, thread types, the total amount of submissions and more! Afterward, a post will be made with further instructions about redeeming the curry rewards.[break][break]

An example of a past communal curry can be found here: COMMUNAL CURRY #6.

OPTIONAL TEMPLATE

FEEL FREE TO USE THE CODE BELOW, to provide your character's single entry to the communal curry.[break][break]

[blockquote][a href="https://pkmn-hoenn.boards.net/"][h1]THREAD TITLE[/h1][/a]
[h2]character's curry entry[/h2][break]
[b]thread summary:[/b] write here[break]

[b]why is it important?:[/b] write here[/blockquote]

close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass.
awards
566 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
COMMUNAL CURRY #7
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2024 16:00:01 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar

CAFFEINE & HIDDEN THINGS

's curry entry

[break]
thread summary: After 's disappearance from the public eye, Jack sets up a chat with to catch up over coffee. Jack hopes to gain some closure about Zev's intentional disappearance and abrupt ending of their long friendship but also to be a caring friend for Nenet to lean on, as Jack assumes Zev has also treated her to the same uncaring end of their romantic relationship. After Jack breaks some bad news about the death of one of his pokemon that Nenet knew, they begin to discuss Zev. Nenet covers for Zev's disappearance with the lie that she ended things with him and hadn't spoken to him in weeks. Nenet promotes the fiction that she doesn't know that Zev had closed the bar or moved out of his apartment, leaving Jack with more questions than answers.[break]

why is it important?: This thread continues Jack's personal plot involving his confusion and grief over his best friend's disappearance, tying in to Zev's avatar plot developments and continuing the story from a previous thread where opened Jack's eyes to Zev's intentional and callous deletion of his civilian life and friendships. It also sets up for future betrayal revelations if Jack finds out about Nenet's defection to Rocket or Zev's true identity as a Rocket and Necrozma Avatar.
close tab

played by

Gina

Firecracker
He/him
August 22nd
Goldenrod City
Bisexual
Pokéathlon Athlete
Rising Star
my howling heart is yours
to do what you will
6'2" / 187 cm height
6'2" / 187 cm height
don't dry with fakes or fears, 'cause you will hate yourself in the end
awards
249 posts
part of
TAG WITH @toshiaki
Toshiaki Macallan
COMMUNAL CURRY #7
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 23:28:01 GMT
Toshiaki Macallan Avatar

JOSH AND TOSHI VCT REMATCH

character's curry entry

[break]
thread summary: a rematch ensues between and , but the rookie trainer doesn't expect yet another loss.[break]

why is it important?: Toshiaki experiences a loss that further fuels his motivation into becoming a better Pokemon trainer. He wants to be recognized by the league and eventually join their ranks (become a gym leader himself.) losing twice to a gym leader stung real bad, but it only encourages him to do better.

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
467 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
COMMUNAL CURRY #7
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2024 0:16:06 GMT
robin coello Avatar

SICK & SORRY

's curry entry

[break]
thread summary: Robin is SICK. Constant travel across Hoenn has taken its toll on her. She doesn't go home; no, she stays away from Dewford. Her family will be no comfort. She holes up and, in her feverish state, calls Gwen for help. Her best friend comes quickly and takes good care of Robin with delicious soup, gross chesto-flavored medicine, and water. Robin gets to experience herself actually being taken care of and doing so without being belittled like she would've with family. It heals a little something in Robin, and it strengthens their bonds as friends.[break]

why is it important?: Robin's illness is vulnerability, which she doesn't like to share, especially with Gwen as she feels compelled to protect the other girl. Robin's been slowly adjusting to Gwen's newfound confidence and power after her training with Freya -- initially, Robin was VERY angry that Freya made Gwen into her image and changed her so much (into a dragon enthusiast!!), but Robin realized Gwen was growing into her own with the help of Freya and just happened to find Dragons interesting enough to study... Gwen is still Gwen, but she spends more time outside rather than sitting at a computer most of the day and doing nerdy whatevers.

Robin got reassurance that it's okay to be unwell, and she got to see that Gwen was capable of not only protecting herself, but Robin, also. And as a final note... that childhood friends to lovers is SLOW BURNING. (first curry babey let's GOOOOO)
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
COMMUNAL CURRY #7
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2024 3:21:38 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

freya vs ana

freya's curry entry

[break]
thread summary: the last time they'd fought each other on the field, they'd been on opposite sides. now, they're companions, and though she's reminded - accidentally - in the way she's damaged, she comes out okay. 's there. her friend is there. and she's going to be okay.[break]

why is it important?: RISE arc! ceej treated me wonderfully to an allegory of freya's trauma in our combat with her kickass fairy knight against lyune. fernando used to mist her with a hand pressed to her lips, forcing it down her throat. the same thing happens here - lalonde straddles lyune and tries to moonblast right into his mouth. and it's horrifying. freya relives that moment. her dragon almost dies. but they persevere. and afterwards, when the heat of the moment is gone and they're left on the battlefield, ana apologizes, and freya holds her, and they're whole.

anyway i'm living with these lil threads of her putting herself back together :shiblobmelt: n ty all of u for being freya's friend, even if she's a grouch.
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
A keen mind cuts deeper than even the sharpest sword.
awards
1,006 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
COMMUNAL CURRY #7
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2024 16:55:12 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar

SOLACE

's curry entry

[break]
thread summary: This thread takes place directly after the events of Father Winter 2: Branch and Bauble. Both Aurelie and are abruptly thrown back into the current timeline after being unwillingly plunged into pivotal points in their past. Both stunned by the experience, they end up comparing stories and talking through their reactions and feelings in the bathroom afterward, before finally going back to bed for some well-deserved rest.[break]

why is it important?: While all the experiences happened in her FW2 thread, the conversation that Aurelie has afterward with Jack is where she finally comes to terms with everything that happened and the many issues it brought up and (somewhat) resolved for her. Ever since coming to Hoenn, she's wondered off and on whether she could ever have beaten her little brother in a fair contest, what life would've been like if she stayed in Kalos, and if she never would've needed Rocket in her life. Though Aurelie still hasn't lost her lifelong inferiority complex toward her brother, this chance to reflect on the life Father Winter showed her has at least cut through a lot of self-doubt and comforted her with the knowledge that her life's path would have turned out mostly the same, albeit in Kalos, not quite in Rocket, and as an engineer rather than a blacksmith. In other words, she's pretty much right where she should be and was always going to end up being in life. I foresee this realization giving her more confidence and strength in the future, now that she's obsessing less over the "what if"s and "if only"s.

During the conversation, she also gains a greater measure of respect for Jack, who literally died and came back to life in his FW2 timeline. It's something she still has trouble imagining, let alone coming to terms with. She held off for now, but she'll probably pepper him later with questions about what it was like on Mount Pyre and in the afterlife, tactfully but insatiably curiously.
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,648 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
COMMUNAL CURRY #7
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2024 2:45:56 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar

PROPHAGE

zev's curry entry

thread summary:
After witnessing Zev's extraordinary powers, draws a sample of his blood to inspect under a microscope. What she sees fascinates her, and she discusses her theories with him—namely, that his DNA has been altered so tremendously that he's no longer human. Zev takes the revelation well, though more questions arise. Nenet promises that they'll figure him out together.
why is it important?:
Shiv and I recently discussed the extent of Zev's changed biology and I am very happy to use this thread as an avenue to explore that piece of character lore.

I'm thrilled that Nenet, as a character, is perfectly positioned to discover this information about Zev. Not only is a branch of biology her primary focus, but she specializes in astrobiology, which is even more relevant for the kind of phenomenon that surround Zev. But moreover, she's his wife; her positive, supportive reactions to revelations about him only serve to reinforce their unique relationship.

As for Zev himself, the idea that he's not actually human is more of a blessing and relief than something troubling. He's never felt human, so to receive confirmation that he isn't one anymore reinforces his biased perceptions. I enjoy contrasting this with the very human emotions and selfish desires he still feels. I feel like the dichotomy makes Zev a more interesting, nuanced, and at times contradictory character.
close tab

played by

gunsmile

Francis
he / him
September 19
Black City, Unova
bisexual
financial consultant
civilian
you let me
complicate you
5'11" / 180 cm height
5'11" / 180 cm height
Act as if you’re a wealthy man, rich already, and you will become rich.
awards
273 posts
Frank Caffey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @frank
Frank Caffey
COMMUNAL CURRY #7
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2024 3:00:02 GMT
Frank Caffey Avatar

NO TURNING BACK

frank's curry entry

thread summary:
After the failure of his legitimate business, Frank turned to contract work as a part-time smuggler for Team Rocket. His good friend, Underboss , meets with him during a routine delivery to discuss more permanent, long-term employment. Despite his reservations and concerns, Frank accepts.
why is it important?:
When I created Frank, I designed him to be a despicable person. Despite his good intentions, he consistently and frequently chooses vices that lead to strain in or the deterioration of his relationships. He likes high risk, high reward, and Cillian has gotten to know him well enough over the past year to understand this about him.

Now Frank has nowhere to turn to but Team Rocket's welcoming embrace and their hands that hold knives to his throat. And he is just a weak enough man to turn a blind eye to the danger he's put himself in.
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Curator/Hisuian Historian
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
COMMUNAL CURRY #7
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 1:42:30 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar

A Shadow Emerges

Yuina's curry entry

[break]
thread summary: An innocent mission to investigate reports of a dangerous Pokemon lurking within Petalburg Woods becomes an encounter that has Yuina staring down the barrel of a gun. And live to tell the tale.[break]
was also in search of the reports, and happend upon the League Ranger, beginning an interaction that will change how Yuina might perceive Rocket and its forces going forward. [break]

why is it important?: Many shadows emerged through the course of the thread, Cillian himself, a Shadow Arcanine, but the most foreboding, and looming shadow of them all is the notion that Yuina feels like she's seen the Shadow Arcanine before, but can't remember why, she can't remember why it belongs to her. But she can only assume the worst, that it is an omen from her past life come back to find her, and now she has that first piece, that first question to ask.[break]
At this juncture, Yuina has began to doubt herself as a part of the league organization, she's told lies, hidden things, felt accused by some of the highest ranking leaders, and in a moment where she was met with one of the names that Navy promised would kill her without a second thought... Well it turned out the league was wrong about that too. Not only did she live through this encounter, but she came to find herself questioning many things in knowing that someone she would consider a friend is a part of Rocket, and wonders how many other friends of hers might also follow rocket.[break]
Does the alignment matter in the end? Would she stop considering someone a friend just because of some arbitrary line that is meant to divide them?
close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-eight
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
if i cannot take you for a liar or a lover, i'll take you for my brother-in-arms.
awards
382 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
COMMUNAL CURRY #7
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 15:25:46 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar

ALONE AGAIN, NATURALLY

's curry entry

[break]
thread summary: Eddie runs into an unfamiliar face while trying to clear his head on Route 115, and finds he has more in common with this stranger than he would have initially guessed.[break]
why is it important?: This is the first time Eddie's really had to actively acknowledge some of his personal fears about himself and his hopes for a new start in Hoenn. serves as a wonderful external perspective, someone who really allows Eddie the opportunity to vocalize some of the things about himself he's been mulling over for some time now. He also finds some comfort in being in the company of someone else also burdened by the expectations of others. [break]
I want to thank Noodles for facilitating this encounter! It was super fun to actually have Eddie process some of the big character things in his backstory that I've really wanted to touch on for a little while now ^u^
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,646 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
COMMUNAL CURRY #7
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 20:35:18 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar

The Sky's The Limit

andrea's curry entry

[break]
thread summary: Andrea goes on vacation to Sinnoh with . On the first day of the vacation, the two ride their Dragon Pokemon over Mt. Coronet.[break]

why is it important?: Having a more casual thread after a rather hectic event cycle was a breath of fresh air both IC-ly and OOC-ly. RaikouRider did a great job as always at providing the setup. Andrea & Josh make for a fun couple. Not in a romantic way, but there's definitely some warmth in how easily the two can bond over their mutually ridiculous dreams. At the same time, using the Spear Pillar and the legends surrounding it as a set piece served as a grim reminder that trouble still awaits them back home, since the same legendaries that hailed from Sinnoh might be responsible for the whole universe being out of whack. Lastly, this thread was an opportunity to explore Andrea's newfound Sygna Suit abilities and how those abilities further her understanding of what it means to be a Pokemon.

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
awards
708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
COMMUNAL CURRY #7
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 22:43:32 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar

HONEST HEARTS

shred zeppelin's curry entry

[break]
thread summary: The aftermath of the hit thread To Sow Dragon's Teeth (Leftward). After suffering several grievious injuries at the hands of the League, Shred awakens one week later in the medical bay of the Rocket Submarine. There, he's greeted by Howard Slayte, one of his few yet stalwart allies in his impossible battle against Palkia. There, they talk, about Kyurem and Reshiram among other things. Witnessed by the Light Stone, they resolve to make the boundary whole once more, no matter what it takes.[break]

why is it important?: THING ONE - It deals with the aftermath of Shred's injury. As it happens? Getting hit by a Mind Blown and a Hyper Beam in short succession isn't good for one's health. Now down an arm and covered from head to toe in third degree burns, he's lost a considerable amount, and gained very little in return. How is he supposed to fight with only one arm? How can he show his face in public again when he doesn't even have a face to disguise? Will he ever be able to claw his way back to his previous heights? And will he ever get even with those who damned him in the first place? Stay tuned for this specific plot thread. It WILL be on the test. And probably the next Canon AC, too.

THING TWO - It deals with Shred's own mentality. In a way, Shred seems a lot of himself within Kyurem: Once whole, a limitless being of boundless potential, now reduced to a shadow of their former self, desperate to reclaim their former glory. Is that a fair comparison? It's hard to say, but even if it's nothing but a delusion, it's one that Howard is more than willing to entertain. Will the two succeed in their strange mission to make Kyurem whole again, be through the sacrifice of Reshiram or other means entirely? Stay tuned for this specific plot, but like, stay tuned for several months, god willing.

THING THREE - It deals with SHOWARD BABY LETS GO SHOWARD WE LOVE SHOWARD SHOWARD IS ENDGAME!!! But queerbaiting aside, it's an interesting look at Shred and Howard's friendship. These two are insane and they will doubtlessly survive many horrible escapades in the coming days. I would like to take this opportunity to shoutout , he is very poggers and very good and getting across the themes that I forced him to. Thanks, Mag!

THING FOUR - Munki?
close tab

played by

Nimbus

he/him/his
thirty-two
January 25th
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Doctor
Grunt
6'1 height
6'1 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
52 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nimbus
Laurence Whateley
COMMUNAL CURRY #7
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 23:15:45 GMT
Laurence Whateley Avatar

A Medical Patch

character's curry entry

[break]

thread summary: As Laurence gets ready to clock out, he is met with an injured Howard who needs medical assistance. It is through this meeting that the two break down both the intricacies and the feelings of both the former Sootopolis resident, and the Admin, revealing both Laurence's wanting to keep both him and his child safe, but also Howard's determination to provide force for Rocket's plans. [break]

why is it important?: Although the thread may not be extremely long, it was made to first, give a sort of theme to Laurence. As someone who comes from a more "action" themed forum and even other servers, I wanted to branch myself out from it and create a character that had both nuances but also would be refreshing. Secondly, I love the trope of a "caring figure", someone who clearly is more so about the care of someone else than themselves, and it shows as I wrote out Laurence. From the way he speaks about Rocket's deeds, to how he has to consistently deal with troubles he finds that Rocket has put him and now his daughter in, all of it leads to his decision. He isn't exactly someone who reads as a tragic figure. Still, he is to read as a more hierophantic person, someone who enjoys routine, he enjoys knowing his decision, and as a figure who while not explicitly a king, takes command in the face of issues that affect others.

close tab

played by

Mcfuzzled

Bro/Brah
April 1
Dewford Town
Bisexual
Personal Trainer
Trainee Ranger
Stay the course
Whatever it takes
6'4" height
6'4" height
Do I lift? Yeah, brah, I lift your spirits!
awards
276 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beau
Beau Fontaine
COMMUNAL CURRY #7
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2024 3:50:42 GMT
Beau Fontaine Avatar

RIPTIDE

Beau Fontaine's curry entry

[break]
thread summary: Following a lengthy period away for both parties, Klaus reconnects with Beau.[break]

why is it important?: It's a lot of introspective character development for Beau! He's trying to get his feet under him, realizes that he might have a little crush on this guy Klaus, and has absolutely no idea that Klaus is affiliated with Rocket. They've both been away from the action for their own reasons, and Beau's experimenting with just trying to live his life. It's going about as well as you would expect.

close tab

played by

mcfuzzled

he/him
November 16
Verdanturf Town
Gay
Doctor
Grunt
do no harm
unless you justify it
5'10" height
5'10" height
Developing the cure to your miserable existence.
awards
121 posts
Rhys Collins DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rhys
Rhys Collins
COMMUNAL CURRY #7
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2024 3:59:47 GMT
Rhys Collins Avatar

RKS: ZEV & RHYS

Rhys Collins's curry entry

[break]
thread summary: and Rhys go through the RKS Simulation, old hat for Zev but brand new for Rhys. They encounter a Slowpoke butcher, a pissed-off Declan Walsh, and a Xatu.[break]

why is it important?: On one hand, this is kind of a weird thread because it's guided by the RKS prompts, but it really had several steps for Rhys. So far Zev is the Rocket he's had the most experience with, and his first two encounters (a mission to infiltrate a pokemon center and the subsequent debriefing of that mission) consisted of him wrestling with feelings of inadequacy and whether Rocket had been the right decision for him to make - a "can he hack it?" sort of scenario. This thread sees Rhys months later, somewhat more confident. He makes his own decisions, he sees a little more into Rocket's past, and he gets a glimpse of his own future - one that doesn't currently match the person he is, but that will inevitably come to pass as he continues to grow.