shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

THE FIRST WAVE: PRELUDE
SIGN-UPS

[attr="class","topocorner"]

EXPOSITION

[player]https://file.garden/ZXZrnWMYuz15frfJ/HOENN%20MUSIC/HEAVY%20RAINFALL.mp3[/player]
[break]
🎼 Heavy Rainfall – Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Original Soundtrack
[break][break]

AN EARTHQUAKE ROCKS PETALBURG CITY. As the first of the shaking begins to subside, a violent SANDSTORM whips into the city. As ancient grit and stone batter tired trainers and their Pokemon, eerie beacons of light spear through the sands. These lights flicker sporadically and are parsed by 's REGICE:[break]

⠠⠋⠠⠑⠠⠁⠠⠗ ⠠⠋⠠⠑⠠⠁⠠⠗ ⠠⠋⠠⠑⠠⠁⠠⠗ ⠠⠋⠠⠑⠠⠁⠠⠗
[break]

Aftershocks continue to rock the city. As the remaining evacuees depart further inland, remaining League forces and civilians find themselves caught between a rock and a hard place as Rocket makes its final push...[break][break]

However, further threats await everyone in the storm.

MAP

ATTACHED BELOW is an updated map of Petalburg City and Route 104.[break][break]

[break]
(click and drag to a separate tab for full image)
[break][break]

SUMMARY OF PRELUDES

BELOW are the summaries of the Petalburg Prelude threads.[break][break]

[attr="class","promptsection"]
[attr="class","prompt0"] pilfers medical records from PETALBURG GENERAL for Team Rocket. After receiving comms that the hospital is about to be struck, and escape Petalburg General. The former gym leader leaps through a window on GLASTRIER, while the Rocket escapes by GALARIAN RAPIDASH.[break][break]

In the medical records has pilfered, he will find mentions of TOXIC CHAIN POISONING and a "BERSERK GENE".

[attr="class","prompt0"] has set a devastating fire that has spread into PETALBURG CITY. Due to the stress of the battle and of being informed by of PETALBURG GENERAL'S EVACUATION, unlocks a latent power bestowed unto him by TAPU LELE.

[attr="class","prompt0"]At the hospital, protects against hostile Rockets led by . 's SHINY DOUBLADE SACRIFICES ITSELF FOR HER as evacuates with the princess. escapes too after receiving comms about the hospital's imminent destruction.

[attr="class","prompt0"] calls in a GENESECT AIRSTRIKE, heavily damaging the city. Thankfully, is able to survive. Her OGERPON is able to determine that the scent is of THE LOYAL THREE.

[attr="class","prompt0"] communicates that PETALBURG GENERAL HOSPITAL is lost. is unable to separate the child from their toys, which he recognizes are statues of the detested LOYAL THREE during his time in PRISMATIC PENITENTIARY.

[attr="class","prompt0"] steals 's BEEDRILLITE, while the Petalburg Ranger Captain receives no response from after she is knocked off her SILVALLY.

[attr="class","prompt0"]'s GENESECT PRIME leaves him in order to find itself; the SHADOW DRIVE he owns can be used on a SILVALLY to make its MULTI-ATTACK SHADOW-TYPE. is bestowed DIANCIE & A DIANCITE by the League, fulfilling the prophecy: "DIAMONDS WILL BE BESTOWED SWEET VOICE".

[attr="class","prompt0"] is freed by and , but is contested by and his REGICE. is joined by TERRAKION who parries the REGICE'S DYNAMAX CANNON into PETALBURG CITY. 's COALOSSAL MEGA EVOLVES, while 's NIHILEGO ULTRA BURSTS. In the end, and REGICE explode thanks to a rebounding DYNAMAX CANNON, raining DYNERGY onto the battlefield before the former marches toward the city.

[attr="class","prompt0"], and survive the attack on their city, while saving prisoners of war from GENESECT EXECUTION. Furthermore, the three are able to bounce 's REGICE'S DYNAMAX CANNON back with their LAKE GUARDIANS. 's FLETCHINDER EVOLVES INTO A TALONFLAME. Eventually, 's SUICUNE grants them safe passage before the earthquake.

[attr="class","prompt0"] witnesses the destruction of his home. With and his ROTOM DRONE as witness, inputs the command for an AIRSTRIKE ON PETALBURG GENERAL. protects , allowing him to communicate about the airstrike.

[attr="class","prompt0"]After a tense battle with , assists by escaping on DRAGONITE. her medical expertise can allow her to heal GENGAR back to consciousness if desired.

[attr="class","prompt0"] is able to assist an old lady and her DELCATTY, effectively saving her from nefarious mercy killings. Instead, they fall asleep thanks to his KOMALA. A report made hours later will detail the curious loss of eighteen civilians and their serene expressions of death. takes a transport away, unable to determine where leaves as she ponders the presence of ULYSSES MONROE and the late DEREK HOFFMAN.

[attr="class","prompt0"] confronts who is soon joined by . Surrounded by 's fire, protects against and his Pokémon. After FORMER GYM LEADER'S MELMETAL MEGA EVOLVES to slay 's SALAMENCE. Before can kill , he is murdered by by gun. [break][break]

In the days to follow, will be regaled as a martyr for the League and a significant, surviving symbol for the war effort. 's betrayal will not be uncovered (until and if it is).

INSTRUCTIONS

OOC EXPLANATION

THIS IS A RAID EVENT where characters post every round, attempting actions and/or responding to prompts or scenarios present within provided MODERATOR POSTS. Oftentimes, characters must make use of the ROLL command, which can determine the success of actions and/or create narrative tension.

This event is "DEATH-ENABLED". However, one should not worry too much about Pokemon or characters dying. Depending on player action, these high stakes can potentially be navigated without loss. Regardless, players can collaborate with me if they would like to craft dramatic moments like sacrifices, if it is able to be integrated into the event well.[break][break]

IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to take advantage of this event to connect with new characters and to step out of your comfort zones. These events often act as a springboard for a variety of plots in its aftermath, with consequences that impact the wider site narrative and/or setting.[break][break]

Considering 's current health, this event will likely be SHORT, HAVE QUICKER TURNAROUNDS & HAVE LESS DETAILED MODERATOR POSTS. It is up to you to develop your stories, your dramatic moments, and more in response to the scenario presented.[break][break]

The plan is to conclude this event by the END OF AUGUST.[break][break]

Do note that this is A ROCKET VS LEAGUE faction-based event.

RULES

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES.

• only ONE of your characters can participate.
  • [break]
  • only ONE POKEMON can be out at a time (when applicable).
  • [break]
  • please provide a tl;dr &/or bold moves/abilities/items used with each post.
  • [break]
  • i will not tolerate complaints about not being mentioned, tagged, acknowledged or feeling "useless" in a raid. generally, i attempt to mention all characters and their actions in each post, but depending on the number of participants, this may not be feasible.
  • [break]
  • remember that although i am essentially the DUNGEON MASTER or GAME MASTER of this event, much of this event's enjoyment and storytelling rests upon the players shoulders. collaborate with what i provide in each moderator post and each other for the best result!
  • [break]
  • lastly, be cognizant of participating players and characters. no one is the "main character" of an event, and allowing space for give-and-take between characters and their actions is highly encouraged.
  • [break]
  • more rules may be specified in the actual event thread.
  • [break]

SIGN-UPS

SIGN-UP

ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE COMPLETED A PRELUDE THREAD for "The First Wave: Battle of Mossdeep" and "The First Wave: Battle of Sootopolis" can participate. However, if you are a NEW WRITER and would like to involve yourself in this raid event, please let me () know and I may make an exception.[break][break]

Those who have already signed up in the The First Wave: Prelude Sign Ups do not need to repost their Pokemon/movesets. Instead, you can just say you're participating in a cheeky comment below![break][break]

However, those who have received new acquisitions such as and her TAPU BULU may need to edit their sign-ups or repost their sign-ups here with the updated information.[break][break]

If you would like to repost your sign-up, please use the template below:[break][break]

[blockquote][h1]BATTLE OF PETALBURG MAIN EVENT[/h1]
[h2]SIGN-UP[/h2]
[b]OOC NAME:[/b][break]
[b]CHARACTER:[/b] @tag[break]
[b]FACTION:[/b] league or rocket[break]
[b]POKEMON PARTY (MAX 6)[/b] select six pokemon and include information about their movesets here; you do not need to lock-in pokemon and movesets until your first post; these pokemon will also follow you to the main moderated event.[break]
[b]NOTES/COMMENTS:[/b] write down what kind of narrative beats you'd like to hit; anything else?
[/blockquote]

DEADLINE

DEADLINE FOR SIGN-UPS is as soon as you can! This event will start imminently.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.topocorner]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/aCSt9jW.png'); width: 573px; height: 405px; position: relative; z-index: 0; margin-bottom: -405px; margin-left: -34px; margin-top: -35px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.promptsection]border-left: 1px dashed #aaa; margin-top: 20px; padding-left: 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prompt0]background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #aaa solid; border-radius: 5px; padding: 10px; margin-bottom: 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.omgen blockquote]background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/WmaTUbp.png); position: relative; z-index: 1;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
BATTLE OF PETALBURG: MAIN EVENT SIGN-UPS
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2024 7:12:40 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar

BATTLE OF PETALBURG MAIN EVENT

SIGN-UP

OOC NAME: RaikouRider[break]
CHARACTER: [break]
FACTION: league[break]
POKEMON PARTY (MAX 6) Please see this post[break]
NOTES/COMMENTS: Shalin will be participating. Note that her Sygna Pokémon are both badly hurt; she will only have a half-strength Silvally, a full-strength Starmie, and a full-strength Floatzel. Her Sygna Pokémon are both usable but in poor to critical condition.
close tab

played by

ema

cass, cassie
she/her
seventeen
november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
517 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2024 7:13:11 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar

BATTLE OF SOOTOPOLIS MAIN EVENT

SIGN-UP

OOC NAME: ema[break]
POKEMON PARTY (MAX 6) see prelude:
jon the trubbish - okayish
martin the comfey - okayish
effie the talonflame - okay (on the bad side)
azelf - good (it Rested)

fainted: saude the emolga, hanna the sigilyph[break]
NOTES/COMMENTS: throws a kicking and screaming cass into the fray!
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
5,208 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2024 7:22:38 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar

SIGN-UP

OOC NAME: myriascope[break]
NOTES/COMMENTS: ERIS NO LONGER HAS REINER BY HER SIDE, but also Mesprit has suppressed her anger and grief so WE COOK??
close tab

played by

Ven

Jiro
he / him / his
thirty
february 11
Celadon, Kanto
何?
[redacted]
grunt
(゚ペ)
5’7 height
5’7 height
お前はもう死んでいる
awards
173 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jiro
Kenjiro Yamada
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2024 7:34:00 GMT
Kenjiro Yamada Avatar
Editing this later (out of the house, on mobile)

//insert cheeky Galarian comment here

team is most the same minus Dragapult since it dead Jim it be KO'd
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
An observer of eons cannot feel the warmth of another.
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,071 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2024 7:35:47 GMT
howard slayte Avatar

⠃⠁⠞⠞⠇⠑ ⠕⠋ ⠏⠑⠞⠁⠇⠃⠥⠗⠛ ⠍⠁⠊⠝ ⠑⠧⠑⠝⠞

SIGN-UP

OOC NAME: ⠍⠁⠛⠝⠑⠞⠊⠉[break]
CHARACTER: @⠍⠁⠛⠝⠑⠞⠊⠉[break]
FACTION: ⠗⠕⠉⠅⠑⠞[break]
POKEMON PARTY (MAX 6) ⠗⠑⠛⠊⠉⠑[break]
NOTES/COMMENTS: ⠇⠕⠕⠅⠊⠝⠛ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠧⠉⠞ ⠞⠓⠗⠑⠁⠙⠎
close tab

played by

noble

miss monroe
feminine
thirty
june 7th
verdanturf town
bisexual
ranger / daycare asst.
cadet / nurse
we came, we saw
we complicated...
5'11" height
5'11" height
mirror on the wall, tell me all the ways to stay away.
awards
133 posts
PETRA MONROE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noble
PETRA MONROE
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2024 7:42:05 GMT
PETRA MONROE Avatar

SIGN-UP

OOC NAME: noble[break]
POKEMON PARTY (MAX 6) see prelude sign-ups MINUS a dead vileplume[break][break]
NOTES/COMMENTS: when is regirock giving ulysses the HAMMY SLAMMY :captainsmug:
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
2,043 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2024 7:51:35 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar

SIGN-UP

OOC NAME: Kost[break]
FACTION: civilian[break]
POKEMON PARTY (MAX 6) same ones from here minus Hydreigon (RIP) and Guzzlord (fainted)[break]
NOTES/COMMENTS: MAGNETIC WAS RIGHT!!!
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,650 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2024 11:15:09 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

SIGN-UP

OOC NAME: Blue Star[break]
POKEMON PARTY (MAX 6) See here, with the following notes:[break]
Beheeyem: KO'd[break]
Hisuian Zoroark: KO'd[break]
Shadow Alakazam: Currently "borrowing" the Beheeyem's Telepathy[break]
Type:Null: Living its best life[break]
Uxie: Getting a little nap in (though is still watching Hideo from its Pokeball)[break]
Hatterene: Not pogging out rn[break]
NOTES/COMMENTS: Hideo needs some ibuprofen (got a bit of head hurty during the prelude). He also burned one of his hands.
close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
eyes of an angel
lay me down
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
we still believe in love, so fuck you!
awards
709 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2024 11:47:06 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar

SIGN-UP

OOC NAME: inmediasres[break]
FACTION: League[break]
POKEMON PARTY (MAX 6) Note; This is pretty much just Eddie's original team sign-up except for the removal of his Buzzwole (KO'd during his prelude) and the addition of Terrakion (who joined during Eddie's prelude).

NOTES/COMMENTS: As far as narrative beats go, events like Prismatic Pen and State of the Region have left him feeling somewhat powerless in the face of overwhelming adversity, so Eddie can and will be a self-sacrificing jackass if it means keeping people safe (especially in light of other stuff he's been a part of, like Hyperborea). But, for as noble as his intentions may be, I'd also like to explore the potential consequences of Eddie placing higher value in the lives of others over his own safety 👀 I also feel like this could potentially work well with any Terrakion characterization/related stuff!

As a note, Eddie's knuckles are currently burned and blackened from punching Regice's Dynamax barrier, though the injuries have been temporarily triaged by Tsubaki's Nihilego poison and its numbing capabilities.
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
paralegal / special agent
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,441 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2024 12:08:25 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar

BATTLE OF SOOTOPOLIS MAIN EVENT

SIGN-UP

OOC NAME: gunsmile[break]
POKEMON PARTY (MAX 6) Same as Prelude, but Bayleef has fainted.[break]
NOTES/COMMENTS: Gunner has brought to the nearest League medical station so they both can get patched up.
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Rustboro Captain
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,868 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2024 14:19:10 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar

SIGN-UP

OOC NAME: Lunar[break]
POKEMON PARTY (MAX 6): Same as prelude except for Clarent the shiny Doublade (sacrificed himself)

[break]
NOTES/COMMENTS: Elise will be tending to Cadeyrn's wound at the nearby League medical station. She's also injured (left arm has a cut by the Rocket's man Doublade) that she bandaged up. Calyrex shard will be helping to patch up the rest of the surviving evacuees.

I'd like some good opportunites for Elise to bond more/use her Calyrex shard so that she can get stronger from the death of her shiny Doublade.
close tab

played by

Tsukistar

Elliot
They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
Would you like an adventure now, or would you like to have your tea first?
awards
643 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2024 15:05:01 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
Hey So How About That Whole Going Slow And Resting Bit-
close tab

played by

Aria

Cade
He/Him
December 25
Hammerlocke City, Galar
Hetero
Bodyguard
Civilian
awards
63 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cadeyrn
Cadeyrn Osmond
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2024 16:12:59 GMT
Cadeyrn Osmond Avatar

SIGN-UP

OOC NAME: Aria[break]
POKEMON PARTY (MAX 6)[break][break]  - Charizard(Fainted) and Hydreigon(Dead)
[break][break]
NOTES/COMMENTS: write down what kind of narrative beats you'd like to hit; anything else?
close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Smuggler/Violence
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,301 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2024 16:25:06 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar

SIGN-UP

OOC NAME:Joker[break]
FACTION: Rocket[break]
POKEMON PARTY (MAX 6) Absol is super injured and used mega, Roaring Moon is on the verge of passing out.[break]
NOTES/COMMENTS: Good final send-off for Absol, play on his feelings regarding the airstrike, rage at the battle itself, and other more interpersonal beats with other characters in the events.

Mega

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP