awards
189 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
rangers rising 2
POSTED ON May 1, 2023 23:07:13 GMT
saskia volosenkova Avatar
she realizes, maybe a little too late, that this is more than just a friendly potluck. she doesn't miss the look that one cute guy ( ) gives her, but for his sake she opts to ignore the stare and leaves her father to carry on the rest of the conversation. 

you need practice, papachka.

she shadows a few different conversations, never quite settling down, but with half a meat pie in her mouth, someone mentions legendaries and big special projects and her eyes glitter. she licks her fingers beside a pretty blonde woman ( ) and then listens to a few other big timers monologue. 

lays out the sort of exciting venture she would love to be part of, and which would surely rather she wouldn't. 
RANGERS RISING
just listening uwu
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
intel and accountability officer
deputy director
then i'll become the monster, i will deal the blow
awards
1,501 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
rangers rising 2
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 3:37:56 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Paxton looks up when questioned. He gives him a once over before his eyes narrow. It's a lapse in calm demeanor. A sudden understanding and a hateful glare before he forces himself to look down at his notes to take a breath. " and despite their work around the region have not agreed to a full alliance under the League. While the League works with them, such as our contracts with NAUTICA to catalogue the rifts, their record of staunch neutrality makes them unsuitable for full disclosure of project details." he explained. [break][break]

"Much like how the League wouldn't put their full trust into terrorist defectors, we're not and should not offer our intel those who aren't fully committed and vetted by the League. Trust isn't something you build in a day. But if all else fails, the are a resource." With that, he's done speaking to the ranger, saying only the bare minimum to some that utterly disgusted him. Custody is one thing. Allowing them free roam in their ranks was another. He didn't agree, already foreseeing another intel leak. [break][break]

His attention moved to the councilwoman who he immediately acknowledged. "Understood, Councilwoman . I will schedule something in the coming weeks." he said, annotating the future appointment. When spoke he nodded at they confirmed 's reports. Though, he doesn't quite agree with the weakness that Lars brings up. He nods as spoke. Legendary pokemon weren't the end all be all of battle. He'd seen plenty of bloodshed without them. [break][break]

As spoke up, he can't help but glare again, irritated at another undeserving recruitment. He hadn't heard the specifics, but he doesn't care. It's just another criminal that wouldn't take accountability for their actions. They're lucky to have survived Meteno. The mention of shadow pokemon has him remember something else. "Is there any reason you chose to reveal this now, instead of earlier in your defection?" Surely, the middle of Ranger Corps meeting was not more ideal than the debriefs he may have had with or the Council themselves.

He speaks of their power but Paxton's brain is already turning gears. He doesn't fear this, only seeks to understand it more. "So you- Rocket, was also involved with the Hatchery that produced the shadow pokemon before the Necrozma attack?" he asked. "Many other legendaries have been sighted fighting for Rocket, so why haven't they been turned as well if they have such a power?" Paxton continued, tone taking on a familiar investigative aggression that had often attacked him with. He doesn't contemplate the fact that she may be rubbing off on him. [break][break]

In the midst of all this a young woman nearby greets him and he breaks his concentrated glare on the ex-beast to stare at quizzically. It's out of place, but he holds his tongue. Instead, he dipped his head in a silent nod before going back to writing.

[break][break]

+ @many tags [break][break]

- responds to about why he doesnt trust angelo skyler or him and rowan [break]
- promises to schedule something for [break]
- disagrees iwht lars, agree with ollie [break]
- side eye BOMBASTIC. SIDE EYE. at rowan for only now revealing the shadow machine after being in league custody for a hot minute [break]
- confused at elinor but nods at her [break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#098582;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
rangers rising 2
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 4:19:34 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rowwt"]
[attr="class","rowwtw"]An eyebrow raised as posed their question, surprised. Did the League really have no idea about Team Rocket's abhorrent experiments? Previous defectors had been holding out on the government, so it seemed. "Team Rocket developed a method of creating artificial Shadow Pokémon some time ago, I wasn't involved in the project but rumor was the scientists developed a serum to force the transformation in Pokémon. Quite inhumanely, I might add." A small nod was given to as she made herself known at the meeting, offering her a polite smile. "Good to see you again, Miss Calcifet."  [break][break]

The smile faded once spoke up, obvious derision in their tone as they criticized the timing of this information reveal. "It didn't come up in the recruitment interview, surprisingly." Rowan responded, his voice laden with sarcasm to match their own hostility. "I would have figured any number of previous defectors would have shared this information, it's not exactly a secret among the ranks of Team Rocket." Suppose what he heard about the League being in the dark might have held some water after all, but he'd keep that to himself for now, the last thing he wanted was to make more enemies.  [break][break]

"Last I heard, they've been unable to replicate the process recently, I imagine due to some supply issue if what I understand about Shadow Pokémon being linked to Nihilego and Necrozma is true. However, that doesn't mean they'll always be incapable, if they did it once they can and will do it again." God what he wouldn't do for a drink right now, why didn't events like this ever contain an open bar? "As far as I'm aware, Team Rocket didn't have any involvement in the Pokémon produced in the hatchery. If I had to hedge a guess, I'd place that one on our mutual detractors the Dark Triad."
[attr="class","rowwttag"]@rangersrising [break][break]
TLDR: Explained artificial shadow pokemon, Rocket's inability to reproduce the effect currently and was slightly sassy.

[attr="class","rowwtpokes"][break]

[newclass=.rowwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt b] color:#f8a42c; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt a] text-decoration: none; color:#f8a42c!important; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #f8a42c; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; adrian-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #f8a42c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #f8a42c!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #f8a42c; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #f8a42c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #f8a42c; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,228 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
rangers rising 2
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 6:13:57 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","razzbqimg"]

[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","setting"]

The younger Head Ranger is quiet about a lot of things. Part of his mind probably focusing a little too much on the lost connection between Articuno and , and wondering if the same thing could possibly happen to himself an Reshiram, or anyone else in AQUA for that matter. He gives a small nod thanks in 's direction as he seemed to come to his defense about his previous place of work before Laurance gave more information about how it felt like his connection was weakened. Crossing his arms only at the mention of Project Sapphire. [break][break]

Admittedly he was not a fan of the project in the slightest. Trying to meet a legend and or get its blessing was something that you should wait and see if it choose you, not try to force it which this project felt like to him. And while mentions that the project was not to seek avatarship he doubts that some of the people who will try for it won't try. "I would like to second Concordas' motion of not letting the hunt for these legends blind you, I have seen what the search of power does to people," he looks in the general direction of without actually looking at him, "Making them forget their morals," he looks toward the direction of once again not looking at him before looking to the crowd, "Or forgetting their duty to to the people, they might be legends but they're still pokemon with choices of their own do not force this" [break][break]

His tone might have been harsher than what he meant it to be but he felt like he had a duty to hammer that nail in. "They're still just pokemon, they have their weaknesses and as long as you have your pokemon well trained, and maybe a good group with you, they can still be taken down just like any other in cases if Rocket were to bond with them" [break][break]

That's when the other Silph Ranger, , comes into the room, even if a bit loudly. He gives her a nod in welcome but doesn't say much about Regirock as it seems like already knows of his involvement so if she wanted info she could come to him when and them were done with their announcements. [break][break]

When mentions a bit more of the troubles with Articuno Razz thinks a few things over. His own Patronage not as public as the other Head Ranger's but there is a small nagging at the back of his mind that the other mentioning that if the Freeze Pokemon wasn't on the Ranger's side it could possibly be demoralizing. "I'm sure you'll two work it out, but in the meantime its not like they're alone," Razz says directly to his fellow Head Ranger in a more hush tone for now, maybe only those close to the trio being able to hear him before he stands back at attention to hear the concerns of their fellow Rangers. [break][break]

"The league might feel like its in a bit of a losing streak, but we have had our own wins as well," Razz mentions to , happy to hear there was someone here who didn't think legends were the end all condition. "In fact it was thanks to Slateport's Rangers that we were able to capture former Beast ," he gives the example to try and show that the league wasn't as low as some thought. [break][break]

There is a small sigh at the treatment gets for speaking up about such a machine. While news to him, it wasn't a surprise as he has seen 's pokemon before as well as several others. Each of their 'shadowing' very different than his own that were effected by Nacrozma. But he does give the Ex-Rocket a nod of approval as so far he seemed to he handling this well so far. Even if he knows the man wasn't going to be the favorite of many here.

[break][break]
[attr="class","oocnotes"]

[break]+ Gives his 2 cents about PROJECT SAPHIRE as well as some Legends.
[break]+ Tries to reassure that even if Articuno wasn't there for the Rangers there was another legend who was.
[break]+ Comments about one of the wins the League has had

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.razzbqimg]position:relative; --accent:#387bc9; --bgimg:url(https://imgur.com/XleOo7A.png);[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzbqimg b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg a]color:de4354;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:center;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg .header]text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
everyone's a sucker for a taste of glory
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
rangers rising 2
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 7:17:15 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]RANGERS RISING 2

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

RANGERS ONLY
SOCIAL EVENT
ENDS TENTATIVELY MAY

ROUND 4

AQUA's PROJECT SAPPHIRE continues to be a topic of interest for many rangers, unsurprisingly, as several make their ambitions known. Those such as describe their interests with the Regis. Ollie steps forward, nodding in agreeance with when he offers aid. "Make that two of us," he says, nodding both at Francie and both. "I'd be willing to send Evergrande forces too, if needed."

[break][break] The various Project Sapphire leads — including — who are at the meeting provide some additional explanation on Project Sapphire for those who are not already aware.

[break][break] takes the stage again, and further explains the reasoning by wanting to search for Moltres and Zapdos. If the rangers are able to make contact at least with one of those rangers, there's a good chance that The Composed will regain his strength.

[break][break] But there's more hope. Both the Head Ranger and , the Ranger Corp's Liason for the League, give some info on the location of Moltres.

[break][break] "I've been to Mt. Pyre myself with ," Ollie says. "And I urge caution to anyone who wants to monitor it. However, any Ranger who is willing is more than welcome to join the efforts — if you have any information about Moltres or Zapdos, please submit the info in to Head Ranger Anderson."

[break][break] PR Rep and both make good points. Though the League had taken some losses, it wasn't like Rocket hadn't as well. And if there was anyone who was going to be on the search for these legendaries for the Hoenn people, it might as well have been the Rangers. They were the people's choice, after all, the ambassadors of the region.

[break][break] However, as interesting as the search for the legendaries are, several — including both Head Ranger and — voice their concerns.

[break][break] The Evergrande Captain nods in agreement:

[break][break] "That being said, as Head Ranger Kingsman says, it's important to remember what our goal is. To protect Hoenn's pokemon and people. While the search for legendaries may be tempting, it should never be at the cost of one's life. Don't mistake passion for recklessness." He'd done the same once before, after all.

[break][break] Ollie glances both at Razz and Lars, for their agreement, before moving on.

[break][break] When one of the newer rangers speaks up, the conversation takes a dedicated shift. It's not exactly uncommon for ex-criminals to make their way into the Rangers ranks, especially after having done their necessary service, but it's more surprising to hear the information being spouted out of the ex-Rocket's mouth.

[break][break] "That's good information to know! Rowan, is it? You think you could submit a report on that after the meeting? I'd be really interested to see what you know."

[break][break] It was a bit of a relief to know that Rocket hadn't perfected their methods on shadowing — but admittingly, there was not that much information in the League regarding it anyways.

[break][break] Moving onto the next topic, Ollie steps forward once more.

[break][break] "Thanks everyone for your input. If anyone has anything more to say, Head Rangers Anderson and Kingsman will be around after the meeting, as will I. Moving on..."

[break][break] He turns on a heel to look at the screen, which now flashes with the words THE WILDS.

[break][break] "As everyone knows, after the meteor, rifts have opened all over Hoenn. The Ranger Corps wants to stress safety among all it's recruits, even as we go on expeditions. If anyone has anything of particular to note, now's the time to speak." A few people had already spoken up regarding the rifts, but this would be a good time to elaborate on the topic, if needed.

[break][break] "Also, , what is the status of The Silent Icelands? I think we should explore it more - and if possible - find a way to fix it. It must be effecting not only the civilians, but the wildlife in Littleroot too."

I. Important Announcements [break]
II. Meteno 99943, Aftermath & General Updates [break]
III. Project Sapphire [break]
IV. The Wild Expeditions & The Silent Icelands [break](Current Round) [break]
V. Open Discussion

GUIDELINES

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • all rangers are invited to participate in this event. if you play a ranger captain, attendance is strongly encouraged!
  • you can post multiple times per round, but be mindful of all participants
  • all details of this meeting will be trickled down to normal ranger channels so don't worry if you can't participate!
  • this is a relaxed event! you can join at any point during the meeting, as well as participate in as many rounds as you want

[break]
RELEVANT EVENTS
  • ranger rising (aug 6th)
  • meteno 99943 (nov 18)
  • the wilds expeditions (began late nov, ongoing)
  • PROJECT SAPPHIRE

[break][break]

ROUND 4 PROMPTS

• talk about your character's expeditions into the wilds, and if they found anything interesting
  • respond to the proposal about investing the silent icelands
  • any other pertinent information regarding the rifts

THIS ROUND WILL END ON MAY 7th AT 11:59PM PST.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px; } .invvs { margin-top:-15px; } .invvs span { font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

Kolya, Chernobog
he / him
May 10
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
heterosexual
ranger captain
ranger captain
You will die with a kiss on your lips and a lie in your heart.
awards
135 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolaj
Nikolaj Volosenkov
rangers rising 2
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 16:53:13 GMT
Nikolaj Volosenkov Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nikolaj1"]

Nikolaj looked in the eye and crossed his arms over his chest. "It's surprisingly tranquil there. There haven't been any sightings of any Legendary or unknown Pokémon since the meteoroid incident."[break][break]

Which was strange, considering it had taken place four months ago. Nikolaj had expected unusual circumstances to crop up more, but the most he'd encountered were wrecked supply caravans.[break][break]

"Though we've struggled, the wildlife has adapted surprisingly well. Steel-types and Ice-types have made their homes on the plains, whereas other Pokémon have migrated to warmer fields."[break][break]

Which meant trainers from all over the region had begun flocking to the Silent Icelands to capture them and train their own Pokémon.[break][break]

Clearing his throat, Nikolaj continued, "My daughter and I would be willing to help investigating the area if you'll be sending more Rangers down our way."[break][break]

He was also curious about the rifts Ollie had mentioned but chose to keep that to himself. If saw any chance of joining Nikolaj on one of those expeditions, she'd immediately take it. And all he wanted was for her to stay out of trouble.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]rangers rising 2
[break]

NOTES

Explains that all is quiet at the Silent Icelands but is willing to help with investigations[break]
Secretly interested in exploring the rifts

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nikolaj1]--accent:#6C8FE5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nikolaj1]font:13px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 a"]color:var(--accent);font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Jun

Ollie
He/Him
June 29
Blackthorne City
Homosexual
Ranger
Cadet
Pain makes you stronger, heartbreak makes you wiser, and fear makes you braver
awards
228 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun2
Oliver Shrakes
rangers rising 2
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 19:01:29 GMT
Oliver Shrakes Avatar
Seemed like he had some agreement with the other big names. He may not know that well, but he was already liking him. Speaking of training pokemon, Oliver really needed to do that with some of his. Either way, outlined some problems with some of the other organizations. A strict rule of neutrality and defectors. Good points both. The news of a Shadow Machine that helps turn Pokemon into Shadow Pokemon was news. And while Oliver didn't agree with Paxton's demeanor about it, he did agree with the question. Unless it was in the former Rocket's report and no one just read it, which is on them. Ollie didn't think he was authorized to even look at it, he was technically a cadet. And really had been one for too long. Maybe he should finally throw his hat in for a promotion after a few more missions.

He did have to give some credit, he liked how the man was conducting himself. Rocket defector he may be, but the fact he was sharing information so willingly should speak highly of him. Still, the process of creating shadow pokemon was disturbing, and couldn't help but agree with Rowan. If they hammered out supply issues, they would do it again. Doing it to Legendary Pokemon may take a lot more resources than standard ones.

Far as the Silent Icelands go..."I don't mean to contradict a little bit, but the strange Pokemon I have in my report I met again there, copying an Arctibax's power. Granted, it left pretty quickly, but it was in the area..." Though despite being stationed in Lilycove, he'd be more than willing to map it out and help out with investigations.

TLDR

lots of thoughts and self-opinions, wouldn't mind joining Rowan out on a mission or three.
contradicts Nikolaj a tiny bit, having seen Mewtwo (not known its name) and questioning it some more in the Icelands.

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
rangers rising 2
POSTED ON May 5, 2023 1:16:28 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rowwt"]
[attr="class","rowwtw"]Amber eyes turned to as he spoke, offering the man a soft nod. "Of course, I'll be happy to provide." With the conversation moving onto a new topic, Rowan took a step backwards, leaning against the back wall once more. There was opportunity now to glance about the room, attempting to recognize faces that he'd encounter before today. was the first that caught his eye, then and finally .[break][break]

The first he'd fought once before with , the second he recognized from Splashfest and the final one was a ranger from his own regiment. The other faces were all new, but that didn't make them any less important. These were the names he needed to know, the ones he'd be working with from now on. For now, he'd listen.
[attr="class","rowwttag"]@rangersrising

[attr="class","rowwtpokes"][break]

[newclass=.rowwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt b] color:#f8a42c; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt a] text-decoration: none; color:#f8a42c!important; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #f8a42c; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; adrian-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #f8a42c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #f8a42c!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #f8a42c; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #f8a42c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #f8a42c; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
intel and accountability officer
deputy director
then i'll become the monster, i will deal the blow
awards
1,501 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
rangers rising 2
POSTED ON May 5, 2023 3:01:09 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Paxton's eyes narrow with 's explanation. How had they missed that? He racks his brain for reports, but nothing of the like had come through down the channels from the Council or up into his office. "If your admission is correct, then I question the actual worth of Rocket defector's as a whole if they cannot provide such widely known information upfront." he says, eyes moving away from the ex-Beast and down to make a note in his pocketbook for later. [break][break]

His gaze move to leadership, frowning at as he added, "Perhaps there should be a review on what exactly is being in these defection interviews." The suggestion is really just a heads up. If League interviewers were letting such simple, well known Rocket intel slip through the cracks then something was definitely wrong with the interrogation process. But he doesn't push the subject further as Ollie begins to move the discussion along. [break][break]

He looks instead to as he reports on the icelands and found himself nodding. The few patrols he'd done with had been peaceful, except for the pokemon. But that was to be expected on any given route. Then spoke up and he pales a little. "To confirm from your report, was it a levitating, feline?" he pressed, remembering vividly for a moment a strange creature he and had encountered and even spoken to. "And it could speak?"

[break][break]

+ @many tags [break][break]

- paxton sasses rowan back ( not really he's just pissy ) [break]
- suggests discussion for how info is being collected from interviews/interrogations [break]
- speaks up to clarify what ollie saw because he can only remember SO MANY REPORTS MAN [break]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#098582;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,124 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
rangers rising 2
POSTED ON May 6, 2023 4:20:57 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The Head Ranger's subtle shift toward Josh did not go unnoticed. While power wasn't the reason he had pursued Raikou for so long, his passion was not dissimilar to what described. That was the primary reason the passion he had for them last August, the big speech he gave about Raikou, wasn't there. He had nearly ruined his life over his obsession with the Beast of Thunder, to his knowledge the fastest Pokémon on land.

His eyes shifted back to . "Unfortunately I can't fill you in on that, either," he whispered to the young and eager Ranger he had known for a long time. "Just come to 111. Remember where my Gym used to be before I moved to Mauville? There."

When it was time to discuss the rifts, oh boy. Did he have a lot to go over.

" tasked me with exploring them. Due to the circumstances I've found myself in, I've been able to go there more frequently than I otherwise would have. I've been to the one near my hometown. On the other side of it is... how do I put this. This electric wasteland. There's a constant dry thunderstorm ravaging what appear to be abandoned power stations. My electric Pokémon love it there, and they can run really fast there. Raikiri here especially," he gave the Zeraora a pat on the head. "Whatever civilization those power stations fueled was advanced beyond our wildest dreams." He went on to describe the Stakataka and Xurkitree he had encountered there. "It's hard to call them Pokémon, even; they look nothing like the Pokémon of our world, and they're... really dangerous."

He paused to listen to any questions the others may have had before moving on to his more interesting story.

"More interesting was my trip to the rift at Pyre's peak, which actually took place first," the Gym Leader continued. "I could see the spirits of Pokémon that had died, including some of my own. I was able to help them let go of their grudges and truly pass on to the afterlife. was there with me. He might be able to elaborate." He collected his thoughts. "The most interesting and dangerous thing I ran into there were these two Pokémon. One of them could shapeshift. Well... they both could, in a way. More so the first one. I ended up catching it to save my own hide, but that Pokémon is with now." He wondered how the Top Champion and Marshadow were doing.

"Anyway, it somehow assumed my own form, and rode the other Pokémon, which was this really lithe snow cat with what looked like swords for teeth," he recounted his terrifying encounter with Chien-Pao's spirit. "I never thought I would meet a Pokémon with speed that could match Raikou's. But I did. It was that fast. I really felt like I was fighting myself. I wouldn't want to battle it again... but I don't think I have a choice. It's worth studying, particularly given my role within SAPPHIRE." He shivered. "Both of them were so... hateful. When I was battling it, it drove me to give it everything I had to win that battle, even at the expense of my own body." Had he avoided the encounter with the Sword of Ruin in the first place, perhaps he never would have broken out in violence. The thought rendered the racer silent.

If he were to go back to the Border and meet Chien-Pao's spirit again, would he be driven to commit another hateful deed like he had against Eris? How would it affect him? Would he be able to control his hatred of Team Rocket? Or would it control him?

- Josh whispers to Julia in a "Meet me after class" sense
- Josh tells his tales of the rifts, including his encounter with the spirit of Chien-Pao and the Marshadow mimicking him

{WC: 628}
{PC: 5}

NAME           SPECIES         STATUS
Raikiri        Zeraora         Good
Braver         Arcanine        Good
Resheph        Dragonair       Good
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
rangers rising 2
POSTED ON May 6, 2023 11:13:34 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"I would also like a copy of this." Callan spoke to . "If you could CC me the report you sent to Ollie, that would be fantastic."

What was not fantastic however, was that Adrian was still missing. His boyfriend and his sister were now under League custody. While Callan understood their ties have been cut, neglect of his loved ones was different entirely. "Have you heard from Adrian?"

His focus shifts to , shortly thereafter, and the conversation of the rifts. Callan's stare is blank as he taps his thumb against his index, maintaining his gaze and steadying his voice before he addresses the rest of the rangers.

"The Pokemon in the borders are known as the Pokemon of Ruination. if any of you have recently played the otome games, you will have noted that in the Dahlia route, there's a panther with fangs made of swords. That is the exact Pokemon we encountered."

He pauses.

"There is no concrete proof, but we have reason to believe that there will be an incoming threat which directly has confrontation with these beasts in the near future. I'd advise everyone to be careful when entering the Borders."

TAGGING

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

Jun

Ollie
He/Him
June 29
Blackthorne City
Homosexual
Ranger
Cadet
Pain makes you stronger, heartbreak makes you wiser, and fear makes you braver
awards
228 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun2
Oliver Shrakes
rangers rising 2
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 3:47:14 GMT
Oliver Shrakes Avatar
seemed to have taken some interest in his report. Huh...then again, lots of reports to go through, it might have gotten missed. He really couldn't blame the man. He'd seen some of those piles. "Yes sir. I first encountered it when patrolling Hoenn's water routes investigating the dome. It was trying to get out. After a concentrated assault, it absorbed my Dragonite, then spat him back out. Otherwise, my Dragonite was fine. But the Pokemon left without further incident. In the Icelands, I was able to question and talk to it more extensively. Some of the answers I got were...ominous. While it didn't attack me, it did look like it was about to, but decided to leave. I decided not to follow it." It was all in his report, but reading can get boring. And Oliver would be glad to detail his interraction in a separate meeting.

TLDR
Oliver confirms Paxton's fears.

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
rangers rising 2
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 5:36:18 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisetest3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Though the pinkette man had eyed her a bit quizzically that she had introduced herself to him while he was talking about something important, she did realize that her introduction could’ve come after the man was done. Yet, the pink-haired man does give her a silent nod before returning to his report. She does smile at the blond young man giving her a greeting back and saying it was nice to her see her again.[break][break]

The topic changes to a talk of expeditions into the rifts, investing in the silent icelands, and any other information on the rifts. “If I might speak of my expedition into the Ultra Deep Sea, my group has found evidence of Nihilego living in the rift on our second trip there and we’ve studied some stranger plants.” Elise spoke of her expedition and being in a group with , , and on their first and second trips. “I’ve ended up being poisoned by the Nihilego’s toxins and it brought out…the worst side of my fear and self-loathing. The experience was very terrible.”

@rangersrising2 [break][break]

NOTES

- Elise talks about her Ultra Deep Sea expedition.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3"]--accent:#d143d8;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
rangers rising 2
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 18:56:46 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

Julia felt a pang in her heart at 's heartfelt plea to search for Zapdos and Moltres. She hadn't thought about how a lot of Legendary Pokémon came in groups. Nobody deserved to feel alone, not even beings with godlike power.

[break][break]"I'll do whatever I can to help with the search," she said, tone more serious than usual.

[break][break] had concerns about the League's "losing streak" and its apparent emphasis on searching for Legendaries. "Littleroot turned out fine, though," Julia said. "Dialga fixed it up after we freed it. And it's not like Project Sapphire is the only thing the League is doing to stop Team Rocket."

[break][break] chimed in with his own thoughts on not letting the hunt for Legendary Pokémon blind you and another of the League's recent victories, the capture of a Rocket Beast. She was liking this new Head Ranger more and more by the second!

[break][break]'s mention of a Shadow Machine had Julia worried until he mentioned that Rocket hadn't had any luck using it lately. Phew, in a way, that was another victory. Hopefully, they'd never be able to use it again. She didn't even think about how he could have that knowledge until mentioned he was a defector. That explained things! She couldn't stop the look of surprise from flickering across her face when she looked at Rowan again, but it quickly softened into a hopeful smile. He was living proof that someone could leave that horrible organization behind and live a better life.

[break][break]It was a relief to hear that the wild Pokémon were adapting to the Silent Icelands. She considered taking her own Ice-types there for a change of scenery, but the strange Pokémon that described made her hesitate. A levitating feline that could speak? "Ominous?" Julia echoed.

[break][break]'s declaration that he couldn't explain why he thought Raikou was alive had Julia even more confused. Just what kind of information was Josh getting that he couldn't even share here? Maybe she'd get more answers on Route 111. "All right."

[break][break]He then went on to describe his encounter with a creature that, as pointed out, sounded exactly like the one from Dahlie Goode's RVL route. "I saw that, too, in the game!"

[attr="class","juliatag"]@seenotes

[attr="class","julianotes"]

notes.

• Says she'll do what she can to help with the search for Zapdos and Moltres
  • Points out to that Littleroot turned out fine and that Project Sapphire isn't the League's only method for dealing with Rocket
  • seems like a cool dude
  • Realizes is a Rocket defector and feels hopeful for others who want to leave
  • Asks what he means by "ominous"
  • Is still confused by 's lack of transparency but agrees to meet on Route 111 later
  • States that she also saw the ice feline in RVL

[attr="class","juliapokes"]

[newclass=.julia] width: 450px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julia b] color: #d49736; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia a] text-decoration: none; color: #d49736; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #d49736; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia i] color: #d49736; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliatag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.juliatag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.julianotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julianotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d49736; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julianotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliaw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.julia span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliapokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #d49736; padding: 5px; width: 440px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.juliapokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
887 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
rangers rising 2
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 0:44:43 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","dragomirpt"]

Well, at least some people seemed happy that the eyepieces would be done soon. Gave him all the more motivation to keep working on them.
[break][break]
More information about the loss of connection to Articuno was provided, as well as plans to allocate funds to a new project. Much of it didn't really apply to Josh, but he did start taking notes on his HoloWatch to send to Izumi. She was the Ranger Captain here, so the least he could do was keep his wife up to date. He listened as started talking about the process of Avatarship. Believe it or not, Josh was well aware already. He'd once tried to bond with Articuno himself, after all, but was ultimately given the cold shoulder. It bothered him at first, but in the end, he just decided to commit more to training to gain that kind of power on his own, instead of moping over what an oversized bird thinks.
[break][break]
Apparently he shouldn't feel all that in the cold however, considering even the guy that had actually impressed it was now being given a frosty reception himself. Guess Articuno just had no chill.
[break][break]
Also, live his dream? Considering he hadn't seen Devlin riding on Raikou all the time as he'd expected him to, he doubted it was that. Or... Had Raikou chosen someone else as its Avatar? Damn. That was colder than anything Articuno had done. But there was talk that apparently two of the Legendary Dogs had died by Rocket's hands, and the possibility they hadn't? Josh didn't really understand. Maybe it was best not to think too hard about it, considering he was coincidentally never around when the interesting stuff happened.
[break][break]
"It's worth looking for legendary allies, I think. But we cannot spread our resources too thin either, not with Rocket and that Avatar assassin group loose. Leaving Rangers, or by Arceus our Avatar Rangers, spread apart and alone to potentially be ambushed would be a problem" Josh decided to bring up at that. "If we're going to pursue legends, either alive or dead, that's going to take some long-term and very arduous exploring. So we need to be careful with which we focus on, preferably putting more into groups based off the strength of their leads. If you still want to pursue others, then we can do that when we actually have the manpower freed up to do so."
[break][break]
He doubted that Devlin would like that. Any chance that Raikou was alive, he'd want to take, Josh knew. But the survival of the Rangers and the Avatars -- the safety of the region itself at that, had to come first. A fair bit more was said about legendaries, too much for Josh to process all at once. He remained silent past his own advice for now.

[newclass=.dragomirpt] width: 300px; margin-left: 100px; text-align:justify;font-size:12px[/newclass]
[newclass=.dragomirpt b] color: #426ea9; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]

- A bunch of Articuno puns and then Josh giving his thoughts on the legendary hunt.