thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,334 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK VI
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 16:57:22 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

CANON AC TEMPLATE

AUGUST 2023 CANON ACTIVITY CHECK

[break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
4 ic posts for canon characters:

summarize 2 plots that are in-progress and being threaded:

• 1. GOODBYE GALAR AFTERMATH[break]
    theo retains most of his memories from his time spent in galar which means he has had to navigate new(?) waters after returning to hoenn.[break][break]

this has mostly revolved around his waning loyalty to team rocket. the man lived twenty years free from the shackles of duty and of his past, so it felt natural to write him wanting to leave the organization when he first returned.[break][break]

but a deep-seated GRUDGE toward the organization and everything it has done to him, his loved ones, and to others has kept him there because he believes the best way to inspire change is from within.[break][break]

deep down, he knows it to be a foolish cause.[break][break]

moving forward, he will continue serving team rocket but his methodology and approach have changed. he has started to break free from the shackles of kanto as he looks to make members feel valued.[break][break]

loyalty needs to be earned and not given out of fear.[break][break]

relevant threads:[break]
    - WHEN THE SHADOW REACH BACK ft. [break]
    - RKS: ZEV & THEO #1 ft. [break]
    - BLACKHOLE ft. [break]
    - MOURNING ft. [break][break]

• 2. TRAINING & RECRUITMENT[break]
    keeping up with underboss duties, theo has continued doing the recruitment missions to help characters explore their journey (descent) into team rocket.[break][break]

for members already ingrained in the organization, he actively looks out for those with potential, and also for those who might need the extra help to stay afloat. the latter is a more recent development.[break][break]

- WAYS TO BE WICKED ft. [break]
    - TRAINING ft. [break]
    - HORSEPLAY ft. &
if an avatar, summarize how you've utilized[break]the legendary/avatarship for collaborative narrative:

• 1. N/A[break]
    n/a
  • any notes/comments: HE'S BACK?

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 0px 5px; } .milkyac b { font-family:Poppins; } .milkyac a { font-family: Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,709 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK VI
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 7:26:46 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

CANON AC TEMPLATE

[break]

• 1. BUDDY COP DUO[break]
    One plotline I'd like to highlight is 's budding work relationship with .
    [break][break]
    In the beginning, was introduced as Penelope's employee, under the HBIC branch. This foundations haven't changed, and for a while their conversations maintained a very professional baseline. But, recently we began a plotline in which this relationship was challenged, and things began to develop, mainly through Chi-yu's involvement with Penelope.
    [break][break]
    It starts off with them bonding over a late night session, prompted by the kidnapping of . During this, the initial walls were brought down, allowing a more personable relationship to kindle. From there, Gunner continued to just be *there*. The next instance comes after Penelope receives flowers from , after she bonds with Wo-chien. This sends Penelope's emotions spiraling, as both chi-yu and the reveal unravels her.
    [break][break]
    Finally, in the current thread, the two follow up on a tip given by gave Penelope during her interrogation, the two head off for POG BANK. When nothing of merit towards ' disappearance is found, she snaps yet again, fueled both by her insecurities that's been flooding her since 's reveal and the envy chi-yu now floods her with. This leads to her to release an entanglement of power, causing magma to flood the building. Gunner's reassurance allows her to eventually stabilize it's flow.
    [break][break]
    Something not yet written out, but is a big part of the ongoing plotline is the test of 's loyalty. Gunner is a type of character who throws himself into his work. And right now, he is unknowingly baring witness to his superior slowly unraveling due to the intense pressures Chi-yu places on her mind. And while he stands first-hand witness to her volatility, and may question her reliability, revealing that to the league would ultimately twist his loyalty under her.
    [break][break]
    There is also a similar relationship/plotline going on with , but with that one being tied to , as their connection is strengthen through their hunt of the underboss. Both of these relationships also maintain this foundation neither parties remember, as during galar they maintained close contact, grounding eachother with small positives to look forward to.
    [break][break]
    pkmn-hoenn.boards.net/thread/35086/long-days-late-nights?page=1&scrollTo=419151
    [break]
    pkmn-hoenn.boards.net/thread/35352/breaking-point?page=1&scrollTo=422478
    [break]
    pkmn-hoenn.boards.net/thread/35984/confido?page=1&scrollTo=454173
    [break]
    pkmn-hoenn.boards.net/thread/35939
    [break]

pkmn-hoenn.boards.net/thread/35367/hope-find-peace-mind?page=1&scrollTo=422569

• 2. CHAOS (chi-yu) CONTROL[break]
    Piggy backing the last point, I've been focusing on Penelope's development with Chi-yu. For this, I'm gonna pull off the mask and explain the current progression + the overall goal.
    [break][break]
    Basically, after paradise lost, Penelope has a violent experience with chi-yu mentally. This leads her to isolating herself in her room, for a week without call, to which urges to check in on the councilwoman. During this it's revealed of the traumatic feedback that was created through bonding with the envious fishie.
    [break][break]
    From there, she continues forward, now shackled by the effects of the fish on her. I've yet to do anything major with the legendary itself, but I've been referencing in several posts/threads (as linked) the actual effects of this connection. More than the Volatility of her emotions, her relationship with Chi-yu feeds her this endless supply of envy, leading her to make more decisions based off this spite and/or the hunger for chaos.
    [break][break]
    Lastly, as the biggest contribution to penny, which has mainly been hinted at in posts but not completely written out, is that chi-yu is proactively erasing Penelope's memory. This is in effort to "lose the penelope before chiyu, and leave only the penelope after." I'm doing this to allude to the common belief that envy can be dangerous, as when one chases what they covet, they end up losing themselves in the process.
    [break]
    pkmn-hoenn.boards.net/post/423905/thread
    [break]
    pkmn-hoenn.boards.net/thread/35795/splashyyy
    [break]
    pkmn-hoenn.boards.net/thread/35508/omission
    [break]
    pkmn-hoenn.boards.net/post/451652/thread
    [break]
    pkmn-hoenn.boards.net/post/432040/thread (specifically the painting, alluding to her future fate of forgetting her memories)
    [break]
    pkmn-hoenn.boards.net/post/450742/thread
    [break]
    pkmn-hoenn.boards.net/thread/36698/victorious
    [break]
    pkmn-hoenn.boards.net/thread/35472/girl-on-fire?page=1&scrollTo=424535

if an avatar, summarize how you've utilized[break]the legendary/avatarship for collaborative narrative:

• 1. LEGENDARY[break]
    So, right now, most of my plots are entangled with Chi-yu's entrapment of Penelope's mind. This is because I've written this avatarship similar to 's, but in an opposite effect. Rather than completely consuming her outright, Chi-yu takes piece after piece, destroying penelope from the inside out - similar to how envy can slowly lead to one's demise.
    [break][break]
    This plot, as shown above, anchors her involvement to other characters.
    [break][break]
    Some examples:
    [break][break]
    > Penelope once had a cherished relationship with , but as of late, especially in aqua, this has begun to shift as Chi-yu actively removes the beginning pieces of her memories of their time spent together. This process begins in CONFIDO w/ .
    [break]
    > Penelope's learning how to wield her powers with , while also pushing him to contemplate his loyalty toward HBIC vs the league, as he becomes more and more aware of the tittering mental state she's in.
    [break]
    > Penelope and 's relationship is forever in this rocky state, as sometimes she crumbles, and he's there for her (GIRL ON FIRE), but other times he's there and Penelope breezes by him. Not caring too much for his presence (beginning of GG and AQUA). Right now, they're together (https://pkmn-hoenn.boards.net/thread/37346/dancing-on-glass), and she's "back" to her former self. This, again, feeds into their push/pull dynamic.
    [break]
    > She's deeply enemies with . From the beginning, something always felt off, and when she found the florist after , things only got worse. Now they're beyond fated enemies, as their fates are spun around two tethered entities of ruination.
    [break]
    > In AQUA, her powers are letting loose, effecting those around her and stirring up fun plot hooks for others to take if they wish.
    [break]
    > She's currently in a RKS mission with , to which she will learn the beginnings of her redirect powers.

Notes: hehe ily guys almost yr 3. I've been a lil on a downturn given my cross-country move and graduation, BUT this is the current outline i have rn w and im rly excited to keep the ball rolling with it.

close tab

played by

roux

Marz/Marzy
she/her
Jan 1
castelia city, unova
hella lesbian
smuggler
rocket beast
give me grief, give me violence
awards
239 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marza
Marza Volchitsa
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK VI
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 15:15:06 GMT
Marza Volchitsa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

CANON AC TEMPLATE

[break]

• 1. PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL DEV.[break]
    Marza's development has been largely a huge slow-burn. She's gone from a very reserved & content grunt, to suddenly being thrust into a position requiring the dreaded responsibility. Her role within Rocket has been largely content with remaining impersonal, unfortunately the people in her life continue to require her involvement. Going from feeling content with dying in the heat of battle on the peak of Mt. Pyre to suddenly having to care for the idiots in rocket is a pretty big leap for her, though it may not seem like that for many.
    [break][break]
    The first point of emotional contact is, of course, strangely the one she cant stand the most, . Going from mentoring him (or attempting to) and then having to competitively keep up with him as he raced for the admin position. It's been exhausting. She's also had to recently assist him with the bizarre change that is avatarship, even though she has no trust in legendaries or avatars. Her next point of contact is with , who has persistently attempt to woo her (much to her confusion). She has attempted to stave her off with faux ignorance and disinterest, however, Mei has persistently made a place in her life that she isn't quite read to remove. Another part of her development is developing her past. Her father, who has controlled a large portion of her life with his cruelty and ambition, has recently died. She addresses this namely with , where they reflect on a lot of similarities between their lives.
    [break][break]
    forelsket ft [break]
    crimson sin [PAST] ft [break]
    beach you ft [break]
    pinocchio ft [break]
    bite the lightning ft [break]

• any notes/comments:

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 0px 5px; } .milkyac b { font-family:Poppins; } .milkyac a { font-family: Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Number9

He/Him/His
October 4th
Celadon City
Gay
Rocket Scientist
Elite
76 height
76 height
awards
187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kaname
Kaname Fujihara
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK VI
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 1:00:36 GMT
Kaname Fujihara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

CANON AC TEMPLATE

[break]

• 1. Caught Like a Rattata in a Trap[break]
    Kaname Fujihara has spent part of his time in Hoenn posing as a League-affiliated lab assistant living in Ever Grande City, but his cover becomes compromised thanks to a mistaken AmiGo swipe and he ends up swimming with the sharks as he is confronted by Dewford's very own in a small League HQ room. Despite the swagger Kaname managed to show, Navy knocks him down a peg with a punch and threat before storming off. Kaname, now exposed for the rat he is, will have to work hard to find a way out of the trap he's put himself in.

• 2. Compounding Interests[break]
    Everything begins with a a dream, an idea, and a modest proposal. In a bid to ingratiate with his superiors and use the strange knowledge he seemingly woke up with after the events of the conflict at the Ancient Tomb, Kaname drafts and sends an email to Head Scientist Naomi Sato about researching and developing medicine biological weapons made using the toxic components of grass and bug type pokemon. In order to get a head start, Kaname heads to Petalburg Woods to collect specimens despite any approval to do so. While hiking through Petalburg Woods, looking for study samples, Kaname runs into out hiking. The Rocket Beast strikes up a conversation with the scientist and Kaname reveals the reason he's out in the field, and the two discuss his plans. Eventually, Zev points Kaname in the direction of both Underboss and , both women who know the subtle art of poisoning and suggests using them to aid his research. Kaname takes the advice to advice to heart and intends to seek the women out for aid.

• 1. LEGENDARY[break]N/A

• any notes/comments: Thank you to everyone for the threads and the opportunity to interact with such amazing characters and explore such fun story beats. I'm looking forward to furthering these ongoing plots, growing more.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK VI
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 21:53:21 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

NON-CANON AVATAR[break]
AC TEMPLATE

AUGUST 2023 NON-CANON AVATAR ACTIVITY CHECK

[break]

4 ic posts for avatar character:

summarize how you've utilized[break]the legendary/avatarship for collaborative narrative:

• 1. KYOGRE[break] True to herself, Skyler jumped into this legendary connection with reckless, thoughtless abandon. From the moment she started greedily collecting the Blue Orb shards, she's carved parts of herself away - or become more herself, she'd argue. Threads like this one portray the peeling edges of her personality, the moments she gives into primal, aggressive behaviors exarcebated by Kyogre's influence. She's still herself, but her growing connection with the leviathan has carved away at some of her softer edges, which she often rediscovers with .
    [break][break]
    Regardless, she's highly protective of this connection she's forged with the leviathan - to a deadly fault.
    [break][break]
    A mix of hubris, pride and a true sailor's heart won't allow her to consider what this path might lead down to should she not be careful: her downfall. Or maybe she knows, and is willing (and foolish enough) to go forth regardless. Kyogre is an ancient being that barely perceives the highs and lows of humankind; of her own life. It's all too easy for Skyler to be lost in its tides and forget about what she once considered important. Her own perspective on the value of human life is skewed as shown in Aqua Assembly Pt 4, where she considers civilians collateral damage.
    [break][break]
    This slow unravelling is something she's willfully unaware of, or ignoring. The time she's spent in Galar armed her with some know-how, some instinctual wisdom - but how much it'll truly help, is unknown. What is 20 years to an ancient ocean leviathan?  has noticed something is afoot, however, and there is a plot in the works which might put them at odds with each other, and will most definitely touch on this subject. ;)
    [break][break]
    More recently, Kyogre is proving to be an asset for the League. I've been enjoying exploring its hard-hitting power and other Aqua members' perspectives on what Skyler can do (especially the other weather trio avatars like and ). Although she knows that the Blue Orb is somehow corrupted, there is a very real possibility that she'll attempt Primal Reversion again should the situation call for it - and suffer the consequences. Images of Sea Queen Skyler's power often haunt her thoughts.
    [break][break]
    She's got a chip on her shoulder with Rocket and the Megalopolans. For now she's unaware that Rocket is in possession of a (real?) Blue Orb Shard, but I would love for this knowledge to reach her eventually (maybe an ex Rocket character or an npc?). Regardless of how this information reaches her, it'll become the main focus of her interest and renewed obsession.
    [break][break]

• any notes/comments:hi, i'm sleepy. this was fun!
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,744 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK VI
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 3:12:31 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

CANON AC TEMPLATE

[break]

4 ic posts for canon characters: (I was on vacay and at conference for about two weeks in August so there is a lil gappie)

summarize 2 plots that are in-progress and being threaded: (to be continued in a moment)

• 1. BALANCE (personal)[break]
    Stability. Something Hoenn sorely lacks. It's a persistent frustration for the Peacekeeper and her deity. They both find themselves restless, irritable, and worst of all: desperate. There's a fine line between duty and responsibility. Eva's duty to The League doesn't necessarily always reflect the responsibilities pressed on her by her patron. It's an area of contention. She finds herself butting heads with one or the other at every turn. There's no right answer. Will she ever find balance? Or is a Peacemaker always meant to fight?

• 2. SUPPORT MAIN (communal)[break]
    Let's be reeeeal. When as Eva ever done anything for herself?[break][break]

The answer is never. Eva as a character is meant to facilitate the progress of others. Very rarely do I have a personal plot outlined for her. Instead, I like to have little tendrils in many places. Her career, station, avatarship, and personality can be levied to push forward various plot lines, even in the smallest of ways. [break][break]

USE HER, PEOPLE

• 3. RESEARCH (communal)[break]
    True to her, well, title, she has her hands in a lot of little research plots. An extensive list of current research and publications can be found at the following locations: THE SCIENTIFIC METHOD & MORALES LABORATORY

• 1. RAYQUAZA[break]
    The spicy noodle continues to be an asset and a burden to this region. Their arrogance is only second to their perseverance. Rayquaza is utilized both casually (ex: light mentions and appearances in missions etc.) and as a main (ex: driving @elisaboth and Wo-Chien from Petalburg) to stir drama and push plots forward. [break][break]

As per their nature, their focus is HOENN. They consider themselves the protector of this region. The impending doom as them restless and terrified, seeking aid and reassurance that they will help protect Hoenn from whomever they can. [break][break]

Their bond with Eva is strong, though not a peaceful one (ironic, right?) The human still fails to find balance in the chaotic mortal life she lives.

Rayquaza plots and threads can be found HERE

• any notes/comments:

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,795 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK VI
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 5:04:35 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

CANON AC TEMPLATE

[break]

• player/ooc name: noodles
  • character tags:

• 1. RAT AFTERMATH[break]
    after a period of self-reflection, cian has decided to make amends with the people he has wronged when he defected to the league, primarily his brothers.[break][break]

with , he explores what has happened to his twin since then, what has happened to their father as a result, and what the future means for them. the absence of guilt will be a driving narrative for them.[break][break]

with , he explores retirement, fallarbor, and what it's been like to step away from it all.[break][break]

with , he explores guilt, loss, and nostalgia.[break][break]

- AMENDS ft. [break]
    - TWIN ft. [break]
    - HEY, BESTIE ft. [break][break]

• 1. N/A[break]
    n/a
  • any notes/comments: HE'S BACK?

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,211 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK VI
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 5:15:00 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

CANON AC TEMPLATE

[break]

• 1. Captains in the work[break]
    Razz is currently working with both and in trying to get them to become Captains for the Rangers. Shalin by first testing out her knowledge while with Emmett he likes that he has previous experience as a Alolan captain

• 2. Ranger Training[break]
    Razz has made the effort to try and teach other Rangers about lessons that are more middle ground in terms of how things are handled, whether it be things like Territory disputes, Wild Trainers, or lessons in the wild. (Sadly not all of these finished but I'm working on new missions for soon!)

• 1. Reshiram [break]
    After the events of Goodbye Galar Razz has been more open about his Avatarship to the Public and would actively use it to try and help others. As well as a few plots developing. [break][break]

First. with Razz trying to work with both and , and possibly soon , working on the ice made by kyurem as he has heard that Reshiram has a Connection with kyurem though he is not 100% sure on what or if this kyurem and his Patron are the ones connected. [break][break]

Another with Razz and trying to reconnect through the use of the AMNESTY PROGRAM. Finally get a chance to explore Reshi's and Zekrom's connection narratively. [break][break]

Lastly with with a battle with Reshiram and Requaza to have a battle as a way to prove the determination toward willingness to protect Hoenn. [break][break]

Admittedly conflicting schedules have made getting too far with the last 2 parts but they're hoping to be a fun work in progress for the future :3

• any notes/comments: I know my stuff isn't as long as others but def trying to have a fun time with everything and thanks shiv for all the hard work ya do to bring it <3

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,523 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK VI
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 19:12:30 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

CANON AC TEMPLATE

[break]

• 1. GYM LEADER[break]
    continues to work as gym leader. He shows no real signs of wanting to promote further within the League, for he believes he can do more meaningful work within the gym circuit. Recently, his gym battles have involved characters who have just ascended into their gym leader positions like (BATTLE BEARS) and (JOHN CENA).[break][break]

Through these battles, Noah attempts to ascertain their temperaments and capabilities (essentially a vibe check) in order to assess whether they would be adept allies to have on the side of the League, often poking at their motivations for becoming gym leaders throughout the trial.

• 2. HIGHLIGHTING OTHER CHARACTERS' POSITIONS IN THE WORLD[break]
    Noah is also designed as a way to help solidify and canonize other characters' roles, occupations, skills, etc. In a follow-up to meeting , the Galarian princess, he is challenged by her in his gym. The thread questions how her new role as the Galarian Ambassador mixes with her desires in Hoenn, while attempting to prepare her for imminent threats from Team Rocket.[break][break]

Noah has finally met of Flying Sword School. Again, this duo wild thread serves as a way to highlight the man's role as Chief Swordsman, while also beginning a relationship between two characters with similar interests (martial arts, self-defense, etc.). This thread is also situated within the context of Pacifidlog's potential future involvement in a Team Rocket attack, further contextualizing the two characters' dynamics within the wider faction conflict.

• 1. LEGENDARY[break]
    N/A

• any notes/comments:

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
600 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK VI
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 19:31:59 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

CANON AC TEMPLATE

[break]

• 1. LEAGUE WORK[break]
    - The Commissioner's work as the political head of Hoenn recontextualizes all of her relationships as business-based connections. This tension is particularly explored in her meeting with the resurrected (FORMALITIES), where she mandates their relationship as a professional one, much to her quiet disappointment.[break][break]

- She has also met with an Interpol agent, , as they survey a remote waystation. This thread attempts to cement their professional relationship while offering glimpses of their more casual selves, while also exploring what Yujin and Dahlia think of Hoenn, their motivations, etc.[break][break]

- Meetings with other canon characters: , , and the AQUA INITIATIVE in AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT 4. The event will unveil new information/new lore/new setting elements that will affect the whole site.

• 2. FACILITATING FACTION-BASED DILLEMAS[break]
    - The Commissioner has played an important role in highlighting the transitions in narrative arcs for certain characters. turning himself in has facilitated a scene where Dahlia has requested to personally interrogate him due to their prior relationship as colleagues.[break][break]

- has confessed that he was a member of Team Rocket to in "Penance", jumpstarting the defection process for the former Galarian Ambassador.

• 1. LEGENDARY[break]
    N/A
  • any notes/comments:

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,834 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK VI
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 21:34:59 GMT
shiv Avatar

CANON ACTIVITY CHECK

THANK YOU / CANON LIST CHANGES

THANK YOU FOR CONTRIBUTING YOUR WONDERFUL CHARACTERS & NARRATIVES to Hoenn's sixth canon activity check. This thread will be a thorough archive and a piece of evidence for the collaboration this community exhibits.

Although operating this site can be difficult due to a myriad of reasons, being able to witness a variety of talented writers coming together to create long-running, detailed, and entertaining stories is always worth it.

I sincerely appreciate the comments you've written in your activity check posts. Even though this site will not last forever and even though I'm not perfect, the fact that you all have invested some part of your creative self into this site is a privilege I will not take lightly.

We have these canon activity checks for a variety of reasons apart from fulfilling activity requirements:

• 📝 Showcases connectivity of plots between players, canons, non-canons, and setting for all members.

• 📝 Assists writers with reaffirming, discovering, or crafting links between threads and narrative developments.

• 📝 Allows Shiv to examine motivations and plots of all involved characters to help him find ways to supplement; also, reveals reciprocation of investment to site.

GENERAL FEEDBACK

IT HAS BEEN AN ABSOLUTE PLEASURE to read through the various highlights and stories of your characters. To see the various genres of narratives, the myriad of character dynamics, and the multitude of writers come together to play in this setting is an absolute honor.

Here is some general feedback to keep in mind and will be referenced in sections below.

• 🔦 Ensure that the plots written in the activity check are current, ongoing, live plots. Writing plot summaries that are ENTIRELY COMPRISED OF UNWRITTEN/OFF-SITE/FALLEN THROUGH PLOTS will not be considered as adequate evidence for the canon activity check.

• 🔦 More reference to non-canon characters in personal plots.
    IMPORTANT NOTE: However, I understand that Hoenn's canon positions are unlike many other forum roleplay sites. Here, canon positions are living, ever-changing roles that are often tied to occupations.

Over time, it is natural to see a sizable chunk of characters (and their players) ascending into vacant or tailored seats due to narrative developments. These characters are often the kind to be enduring, invested, and active; therefore, it is only logical that plots revolve around these reliable pillars.

Furthermore, we've had a rise in non-canon characters ascend to canon positions recently, so it is understandable that many plots involve many other canons.

• 🔦 No need to type in the AVATAR/LEGENDARY section if you are not an AVATAR; however, an exemption can be made for and that were previously Avatars, compromised Avatars, or for characters in special circumstances like and Uxie.

CANON/AVATAR DEPARTURES

The following characters have not fulfilled canon activity check requirements:[break]

- ROCKET BEAST
BD and I have communicated with each other regarding Alexandra withdrawing her position as Rocket Beast. She won't be archived and will remain as a character to RP with!

- HEAD RANGER OR RESHIRAM
Unfortunately, summarized "plots" must be in-progress and have threads/posts that have already been put into it within the activity check period.

You may choose between Razz losing his Head Ranger position or losing his Reshiram. Depending what you decide, I can help facilitate the departure.

WARNINGS/ADVICE

- ELITE FOUR
Please refrain from referring to plots that have not been written/have fallen through as evidence for the canon activity check. If IRL circumstances need to be focused on, especially during this difficult time, please take care of yourself.

- ELITE FOUR
Please ensure the majority of your posts/threads are from the activity check's specified time period. Activity will continue to be monitored.

- HEAD RANGER
Partially related to the canon activity check due to 's past plots, current tensions with his line work and his ideals, and its connection to his actions in AQUA ASSEMBLY PT 4, there is a possibility that Commissioner will remove him from his Head Ranger position to focus on his bond with ARTICUNO/figure out his position with/stance on the League.

- HEAD SCIENTIST
Please refrain from referring to plots that have not been written yet as evidence for the canon activity check. You're on the right path! Meaningfully involving a wider variety of players/characters and focusing on the characters themselves may be the best approach to making the plots more interconnected and ongoing.

- XERNEAS
Please include more current plots for your legendary/avatarship section! Brainstorming more approaches to using a narrative tool like Xerneas may be a good idea.

- GYM LEADER
You have three canons, Noodles! You're definitely capable of handling it, but let me know if it ever becomes too much.

FURTHER NOTES

ANY OPEN CANON SPOTS can be reserved for by characters that have laid their foundation in the setting and developed narratively towards these particular seats. However, these canon spots will be heavily vetted by staff. Characters and players who have shown consistency across a long period of time and have a good in-character foundation for particular canon positions will be prioritized.

Furthermore, players who do not already have canons may be considered more than others, as well. Deliberation for these seats may take some time too.

Characters who have lost their canon seats who want to re-apply for their old positions or apply to new positions, may do so in after a lengthy period of time alongside a reevaluation of investment and activity.