shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]BLOOD, MUD & IRON[break]
————–—————SIGN UPS

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

RAID EVENT
SIGN-UP THREAD

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1035423510278979624/1150556022201667765/unga_bunga_boo.mp3[/player]
[break]
Field (Late Night) - Pokémon Legends: Arceus

IC EXPOSITION

NEW, LOCAL RUMORS SPEAK OF A TWISTED CREATURE that roams the swamps of Hoenn. Though the Pokemon is too swift to capture an image of, it has been described as monstrous, mangled, and muddy. Each sighting of the creature is accompanied with the discovery of a body, presumably a victim of the Pokemon's bloodlust...[break][break]

Local organizations, both Ranger and Officer-affiliated, have offered generous rewards for the capturing of this violent Pokemon. Many have launched their personal investigations into Hoenn's swamps to no avail. Instead, any hunt has resulted in the discovery of chewed out bodies: sometimes even Pokemon.[break][break]

However, after much discussion in online circles, many believe the NEXT BLOOD MOON FORECASTED FOR THE END OF SEPTEMBER will create the best conditions for the cryptid's next sighting. After all, the bloodthirsty beast was first spotted during a total lunar eclipse...[break][break]

Uncover the mystery and bring whatever is responsible to justice. Only Arceus knows how this case will resolve?

OOC EXPLANATION

THIS IS A RAID EVENT where characters post every round, attempting actions and/or responding to prompts or scenarios present within provided MODERATOR POSTS. Oftentimes, characters must make use of the ROLL command, which can determine the success of actions and/or create narrative tension.

This event is NOT DEATH-ENABLED, but ICly, the "risk of death and danger" will become very apparent. In other words, the IC-stakes of the event will place the characters in certain peril. Regardless, players can collaborate with me if they would like to craft dramatic moments like sacrifices, if it is able to be integrated into the event well.[break][break]

IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to take advantage of this event to connect with new characters and to step out of your comfort zones. These events often act as a springboard for a variety of plots in its aftermath, with consequences that impact the wider site narrative and/or setting.[break][break]

Do note that this is NOT A ROCKET VS LEAGUE faction-based event.

RULES

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES.

• only PLAYERS WITH NO CANON/AVATAR CHARACTERS can participate.
  • [break]
  • only ONE of your characters can participate.
  • [break]
  • only THREE PKMN MAX can be brought into this event (subject to change).
  • [break]
  • please provide a tl;dr &/or bold moves/abilities/items used with each post.
  • [break]
  • i will not tolerate complaints about not being mentioned, tagged, acknowledged or feeling "useless" in a raid. generally, i attempt to mention all characters and their actions in each post, but depending on the number of participants, this may not be feasible.
  • [break]
  • remember that although i am essentially the DUNGEON MASTER or GAME MASTER of this event, much of this event's enjoyment and storytelling rests upon the players shoulders. collaborate with what i provide in each moderator post and each other for the best result!
  • [break]
  • lastly, be cognizant of participating players and characters. no one is the "main character" of an event, and allowing space for give-and-take between characters and their actions is highly encouraged.
  • [break]
  • more rules may be specified in the actual event thread.
  • [break]

SIGN-UP CODE

TO SIGN-UP, fill out the template below. It does not matter if the thematic questions present within your sign-ups are not properly filled out or left blank.[break][break]

You do not need to lock in movesets and Pokemon until the start of the event and your first post. However, after your first post in the event, your Pokemon and movesets will be considered as locked in and static.

[break][break][break][break]

EVENT SIGN-UP

[blockquote][h1]BLOOD MUD & IRON SIGN-UP[/h1]
[h2]ON THE HUNT![/h2]

[b]CHARACTER:[/b] @tag[break]
[b]PKMN TEAM (3 MAX):[/b] pokemon information here (can also provide in sprite form anywhere in your post).[break]
[b]WHAT IS THE IC REASON FOR YOUR CHARACTER'S PARTICIPATION?[/b]: answer here[/blockquote]

DEADLINE

Sign-ups close[break][break]SEPTEMBER 13TH, 11:59PM PST.

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
984 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
BLOOD, MUD & IRON SIGN-UPS
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 22:32:29 GMT
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki Avatar

BLOOD MUD & IRON SIGN-UP

ON THE HUNT!

CHARACTER: [break]
PKMN TEAM (3 MAX): See below![break]
WHAT IS THE IC REASON FOR YOUR CHARACTER'S PARTICIPATION?: "Bodies, sightings of mysterious creatures... Navidson Solutions LLC might be dissolved, but where there's a mystery, there's a case to be solved!"

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,720 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 22:38:39 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar

BLOOD MUD & IRON SIGN-UP

ON THE HUNT!

PKMN TEAM (3 MAX): TBD, see below![break]
WHAT IS THE IC REASON FOR YOUR CHARACTER'S PARTICIPATION?: She says it's because she doesn't want anyone else hurt, but deep down she's also scared it might end up targeting someone she knows next.

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
awards
698 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 22:38:42 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar

BLOOD MUD & IRON SIGN-UP

ON THE HUNT!

PKMN TEAM (3 MAX): MEGA TOXTRICITY, Punk Rock | Overdrive, Poison Jab, Boomburst, Taunt, Swagger, Shift Gear[break]
SHINY LOKIX, Swarm | First Impression, Lunge, Throat Chop, Sucker Punch, Axe Kick, Bounce[break]
CHESTER C. COINS (GHOLDENGO), Good as Gold | Make it Rain, Shadow Ball, Recover, Substitute, Light Screen, Reflect[break]
WHAT IS THE IC REASON FOR YOUR CHARACTER'S PARTICIPATION?: "You'll pay me HOW MUCH to catch this thing?! Alright, I'm in."
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Curator/Hisuian Historian
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 22:41:14 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar

BLOOD MUD & IRON SIGN-UP

ON THE HUNT!

PKMN TEAM (3 MAX):[break] [break][break][break]

WHAT IS THE IC REASON FOR YOUR CHARACTER'S PARTICIPATION?: The decision may be reckless and shrouded by blind ambition, but Yuina always feels compelled that she has to take on these tasks to make up for... Something? She's either filling in an otherwise empty life because she has no life before this, or feels like there's something that she has to make up for, but she's never been quite sure which feeling is more prominent. But also, something about going out to hunt a specific target feels vaguely and oh so faintly... Familiar? No... It can't be familiar, maybe at least interesting.
close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,705 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 22:41:57 GMT
howard slayte Avatar

BLOOD MUD & IRON SIGN-UP

ON THE HUNT!

PKMN TEAM (3 MAX): Mega-Aerodactyl (Shirley): A: Rock Head, M: Iron Head/Scary Face/Ancient Power/Stone Edge
Claydol (Crumble): A: Levitate, M: Ancient Power/Cosmic Power/Earth Power/Rapid Spin
Golurk - Shiny (Atlas): A: No Guard, M: Dynamic Punch/Zen Headbutt/Ice Punch/Fly/Poltergeist/Earthquake[break]
WHAT IS THE IC REASON FOR YOUR CHARACTER'S PARTICIPATION?: I'll finally be able to show that hackjob of a professor at university that there IS a missing link between Ursaring from 200,000 B.C and 199,000 B.C!

read: GRANT MONEY GRANT MONEY

close tab

played by

✧ des ✧

✧ desi | diamandis ✧
✧ she/her ✧
✧ twenty four ✧
✧ september 23 ✧
✧ lumiose, kalos ✧
✧ bisexual ✧
✧ teravolt edm artist ✧
✧ ace trainer ✧
✧ do i know what's real? ✧
awards
597 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desiree
DESIREE BLOOMS
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 22:43:12 GMT
DESIREE BLOOMS Avatar

BLOOD MUD & IRON SIGN-UP

ON THE HUNT!

WHAT IS THE IC REASON FOR YOUR CHARACTER'S PARTICIPATION?: Desiree wonders if this rumored monstrous and raging pokemon hidden within the forest is perhaps under the influence of some kind of strange, psychological natural phenomenon- something that if researched properly could prove useful within her independent hobby of studying hallucinogens. Additionally, the threat of those wandering into the forest is worrying. She wishes to help in any way she can to ensure that no additional bodies of people or pokemon turn up on the outskirts of the treeline, even if it is quite unsafe for a curious civilian.[break]
PKMN TEAM (3 MAX):[break]
[break][break]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 22:43:21 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar

BLOOD MUD & IRON SIGN-UP

ON THE HUNT!

PKMN TEAM (3 MAX): Tyranitar, Flygon & Maractus[break]
WHAT IS THE IC REASON FOR YOUR CHARACTER'S PARTICIPATION?: Ranger intel is something he acts upon on the regular, as it has rewarded Derek in the past. (2nd Registeel "encounter" in Ranger Raid Redux: 2B, etc). Responsibly present to ensure the smallest extent(?) of collateral/etc damage to the people and property of Hoenn. Eager to discern the "identity" (species) of this muddied creature that plagues the region.

close tab

played by

Oob

He/him
Twenty-five
November 17th
Opelucid City
Gay
Researcher
Grunt
idk height
idk height
Days fade into a watercolour blur / Memories swim and haunt you
awards
239 posts
Alba Evovae DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alba
Alba Evovae
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 22:48:16 GMT
Alba Evovae Avatar

BLOOD MUD & IRON SIGN-UP

ON THE HUNT!

CHARACTER:
PKMN TEAM (3 MAX):

WHAT IS THE IC REASON FOR YOUR CHARACTER'S PARTICIPATION?: Risking life and limb in pursuit of some fucked up creature is one of life's greatest joys.
close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
a heart like a lion, burning like fire
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 22:53:36 GMT
maverick noah ryder Avatar

BLOOD MUD & IRON SIGN-UP

ON THE HUNT!

PKMN TEAM (3 MAX): down below[break]
WHAT IS THE IC REASON FOR YOUR CHARACTER'S PARTICIPATION?: Rumors have began to spread around Hoenn about a mysterious dangerous pokemon that seems to me casing havoc while still evading capture. This got Maverick's interest and wanting to learn more in person.

close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass.
awards
564 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 23:06:51 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar

BLOOD MUD & IRON SIGN-UP

ON THE HUNT!

PKMN TEAM (3 MAX): corviknight, togekiss, mismagius[break]
WHAT IS THE IC REASON FOR YOUR CHARACTER'S PARTICIPATION?: on assignment as a Ranger

close tab

played by

space

aaron
he/him
november 17
lilycove
heterosexual
stay at home son
civilian
6'3 height
6'3 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
480 posts
aaron faust DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @aaron
aaron faust
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 23:07:17 GMT
aaron faust Avatar

BLOOD MUD & IRON SIGN-UP

ON THE HUNT!

PKMN TEAM (3 MAX): below[break]
WHAT IS THE IC REASON FOR YOUR CHARACTER'S PARTICIPATION?: rent is due

close tab

played by

red

scarlet dove
she/her
January 21
Laverre City
bisexual
assassin
grunt
now everything
is down in flames
5'10" height
5'10" height
from the very beginning you have utterly failed to take action.
awards
194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @camellia
Camellia Lemaitre
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 23:14:14 GMT
Camellia Lemaitre Avatar

BLOOD MUD & IRON SIGN-UP

ON THE HUNT!

PKMN TEAM (3 MAX): see below[break]
WHAT IS THE IC REASON FOR YOUR CHARACTER'S PARTICIPATION?: Kill the creature before it kills all of her targets. But also, what if it provides something interesting for her own benefit in the future?

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 23:45:40 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar

BLOOD MUD & IRON SIGN-UP

ON THE HUNT!

CHARACTER:
PKMN TEAM (3 MAX):
Ricochet the Hawlucha - Unburden - Hi Jump Kick, Aerial Ace, Flying Press, Fling, Encore, Feather Dance
Cambria the Golisopod - Emergency Exit - First Impression, Liquidation, Sucker Punch, Pin Missile, Sand Attack, Spite
Kilimanjaro the Camerupt - Eruption, Lava Plume, Nature Power, Rock Slide, Mud Bomb, Focus Energy
WHAT IS THE IC REASON FOR YOUR CHARACTER'S PARTICIPATION?: Isaac didn't risk his life leaving Rocket to sit on his ass and let the world pass him by. There are people in need, and he's going to be here to help them. He also wants to make sure that, if this truly is a powerful, dangerous being, it doesn't end up falling into the wrong hands.
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
A keen mind cuts deeper than even the sharpest sword.
awards
1,006 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 23:50:36 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar

BLOOD MUD & IRON SIGN-UP

ON THE HUNT!

PKMN TEAM (3 MAX):
Milotic ♀ (Coralie) | Marvel Scale | Water Pulse, Surf, Rain Dance, Aqua Ring, Disarming Voice, Life Dew

Gallade ♂ (Laurent) | Steadfast | Sacred Sword, Psycho Cut, Drain Punch, Teleport, Heal Pulse, Wide Guard, Substitute | Galladite + Z-Moves

Tinkatuff ♀ (Astucieux) | Mold Breaker | Metal Claw, Sweet Kiss, Play Rough, Knock Off, Thunder Wave, Ice Hammer[break]

WHAT IS THE IC REASON FOR YOUR CHARACTER'S PARTICIPATION?: She needs the money and wants the Pokemon tracking and battling experience. So what if it's not happening in a safe, controlled, predictable setting? That just makes the experience even more educational.