Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Verdanturf Ranger Captain
Single and Ready to Mingle
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,591 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK IV
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2023 19:48:39 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
[nospaces]

SENPAI'S CANON ACTIVITY

JANUARY 2023 CANON ACTIVITY CHECK

[break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
[break][break]

4 ic posts for canon characters:
[break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"][break][break]

summarize 2 plots that are in-progress and being threaded:
[break][break]

• 1.KEEP THEM SAFE AT ALL COSTS[break][break]
    Having come into office during a time of panic, one can't say that Elinor has ever experienced leading Hoenn during times of peace. But alas for a brief moment She gets to do so where she amongst other things help organize and attend the Winter masquerade as seen in "Winter Masquerade as well as holding meetings with her fellow council member as seen in Dialogue
    [break][break]
    But big events aren't the only things she partakes in. Ever aware of their woefully feeble peace, she sets out to investigate the newly formed SILENT ICELANDS left behind by Kyurem in Ice to meet you where she stumbles , whom she has a small talk with about the events of Meteno.
    [break][break]
    She also investigates some troubling rumours related to the spotting of a Legendary Pokémon known as Mesprit during the Littleroot events. She visits Rosmontis and has a small conversation with her in A blind Forest, but leaves no more informed on the matter. Later she has a conversation with in Tea Time where she finally comes to understand if only a little more, the pain this world is willing to let a child experience, which only adds fuel to her need to protect Hoenn.
    [break][break]
    She also checks in on her "Protege" as seen in PFL Playoffs: Mistralton @ Goldenrod where she goes Bar Crawling with . While a game of Football and good foods play the backdrop to a conversation about dreams, mainly Josh having gotten to live his, while hers are woefully out of reach.
    [break][break]
    As previously mentioned Peace is feeble. Such is the case as the yet another meeting among Aqua members and higher ups alike is held as seen in An Aqua Summons where she among many others agree with taking a proactive stance on an coming war for the safety of Hoenn.
    [break][break]
    There's also the matter of new Wild Dimensional rifts appearing. Which she, // is quick to jump into as seen in ULTRA CRATER: AGEO
  • 2.I WANNA BE THE VERY BEST[break][break]
    Since 8 Gym Badges is no longer a requirement to challenge the Elite Four (Though she fully intents to challenge all Gyms) she has begun on her path to take on The best of the very best, and hopefully gain the Champion rank as seen in ELINOR ANDERSON | INTERVIEW where she is interviewed by
  • GOING FORWARD[break][break]
    2023 is hopefully going to be an exciting year for Elinor. Personally I hope to have Elinor play a more pushing-forward role in the plots to come, perhaps even intensifying her work and efforts as a member of the council (and perhaps display the cracks in her good-natured facade this pressure will create) Along with having Elinor start a hunt for one of the Legendary birds either to become an avatar of theirs or to eliminate them as potential threats to the stability of Hoenn.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]

[break][break]

[break][break]

[break][break]

• 1.CHANGING PATHS[break][break]
    Johanna is a rather new Canon and as such I don't exactly have an extensive list of plots for her yet. But her journey to Canon-hood has been eventful, starting out as far back as PAAA: MT. PYRE where she is killed and revived by Palkia. And continued in CHANGING PATHS where she makes aware of her wish to Leave Team Rocket and open a Gym. Afterwards she makes the departure from Team Rocket official by discussing it with in Jojo's Bizarre adventure. Which is kinda the end of the plotline of her leaving as she officially begins on being a Gym leader after this.
  • 2.BRING THEM JOY[break][break]
    Johanna opens her Gym and adjacent Gym where the challengers are aplenty. Such finished challenges include, 's STAR PLATINUM, and 's GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH as well as several ongoing challenges.
  • GOING FORWARD[break][break]
    In 2023 I plan for Johanna to deal with two things. Her departure from Team Rocket and the consequences thereof, and running the theme park, which I hope to expand and make into its own little thing. Perhaps even run a member led event based on it, should I find a good idea.
  • any notes/comments: I KNOW THIS WILL BE ECHO CHAMBERED A BILLION TIMES. BUT HOENN IS A GREAT PLACE TO BE. Please keep up the good work Shiv and Spiral! You two are doing great.

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
Going to hell cause it feels like heaven.
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK IV
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2023 22:20:43 GMT
Alexandra Briarwood Avatar
[nospaces]

CANON AC TEMPLATE

[break]

[break][break]

[break][break]

[break][break]

• 1. ROCKET v. LEAGUE[break]
    Lex is here to fuck shit up. Broody, annoyed, and looking for an outlet, she's happy to interject in any League thread that wants some conflict such as within this thread where she is disrupting the peaceful party. She also participated in PAAA, gaining max MP by challenging many League characters. She continue to not hide her identity, opening up her interactions for plots in the future and solidifying the assumption she is working for behalf of Rocket. Will be taking on the League in SPLIT! as well as going after Rocket deserters.
  • 2. FINDING HER PLACE[break]
    Lex has grown a lot since joining the Rocket ranks. she's gone through many phases of commitment to the organization. She' been jaded by Rockets before but still maintains an aloof loyalty out of necessity. Currently, she's exploring her place within the organization and accepting more missions with partners rather than being a loan wolf (X, X, X) and accepting the fact that she should help train the next generation of Rockets X). Though training isn't her strong suit, she does enjoy putting their ego in check. She battles Imposter Syndrome with her current title and is starting to recognize the necessity of allies within the organization after the events of Littleroot. She has found a blossoming trust in some of her fellow canons and beasts which I hope to foster (X, X, X)
  • any notes/comments: I did have a pretty hard focus on Eva for a minute but I'm trying to crank it up for Lex! Always open for plots and looking to cause more League x Rocket conflict! <3

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,047 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK IV
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2023 20:41:03 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[nospaces]

VEN’S CANON AC

JANUARY 2023 CANON ACTIVITY CHECK (2 of 2)

[break]

• player/ooc name: ven
  • character tags: (Lars’s is in a separate post)
[break][break]

[break][break]

[break][break]

[break][break]

• Fortree Gym Leader Alexei Ivanov[break]
    Due to changes made regarding the Champion assessment, his gym had to adapt to accommodate. Now that there are more people who may be looking to try the Champion Assessment, the then-non trad heavy lean of the Fortree Gym had to change to adapt to the new provisions.[break][break]

Some of the battles that are in progress and/or have been completed are the following:[break][break]

skybound with miss (completed)[break]
    love’s true form with Frog [] (ongoing)[break]
    believe it or not, I’m walking on air with (ongoing)[break]
    fight or flight with (ongoing)[break]
    baby battle with (ongoing)[break]
    laying low with (ongoing)[break]
    sky high with (ongoing)[break][break]

Which would then make him realize something: next to his gym is one of the easiest to get a win off of. Which then ties into the next plot point:
  • Bird’s version of the Rocky training montage arc[break]
    After the change that happened to how gym battles are handled, for lack of a better word: he’s in a fix.[break][break]

The reason is simple: out of everyone present, him and are the non-trad heavy gyms; however as it is the League is now leaning more heavily towards the traditional way of battling (as opposed to his heavily-favored non-trad battle style in the Gym). That’s also the reason why the sudden, drastic change of opening up more traditional battle waiting slots for his Gym happened—a change to his routine definitely brought out an entire change in an on itself.[break][break]

While paying a visit to (a.k.a. little Miss Rosmontis) he opens up to her about his reservations of continuing as a Gym Leader because of how it’s thrown off his entire rhythm—it’s no open secret that out of all the current Gym Leaders, him and little Josh are the ones who excel more in unorthodox ways of imparting their lessons.[break][break]

He brings up the thought of actually retiring, but after getting schooled by a kid (because that’s how it pretty much went down) he’s still at the crossroads of indecision, however fact of the matter is that Fortree may devolve into a potential place where conflict highly abound, and so the changes to how he sees traditional battling are coming. Slowly, but it’s there.[break][break]

Back home at Fortree, he even gets some help from his better half (seeing as Memo had lived out on the streets until recently), therefore the other knows much more about ‘battling’ and gives him advice. Let’s face it Alex is a softie and it clearly shows.
  • ‘world jumping’ a.k.a “can I bring that home?!”[break]
    Now that Fortree is home to one of the many ‘rifts’ to another world, curiosity will always kill the Purrloin and Alex is no exception to this either.[break][break]

As of the moment he’s completed one sojourn into the strange world, and has encountered the exact same ‘alien’ life form that owned at some point: Kaguya Celesteela. While he may not know what it is, fact of the matter is that it can FLY, and so he wants one. However his better half agrees to disagree with this, considering Celesteela is an Ultra Beast (and is probably not to be trifled with).[break][break]

Unfortunately for Frog, though, what the Birdfather wants, the Birdfather will get (even if he has to drag the other crying, kicking and screaming AWAY from said rift in downtown Fortree). What follows next is a series of expeditions along with (which we have already collectively discussed in DMs) as he is. Well. Basically driven to the point of “I want it and I ain’t returning without it” (obsession).
  • Birdfrog: of Fluff and Spice Jars[break]
    What is domestic fluff? For the length of time I’ve had Alex here, he has always had the misfortune of striking out in the romance department.[break][break]

At least, until came along.[break][break]

What initially started as a speed date one year ago turned into something more, so much more. Now that the two are cohabiting together (and have their own little Pokémon family running around Alex’s place) they're learning a lot more about each other and how they came to the present time.[break][break]

During the Meteno incident, however, he came so close to losing his better half, it legit put the fear of losing Frog front and center considering his position within the League (which also ties into his own personal journey of getting stronger so he can protect the one he gave the very last piece of his heart to with as much strength as he can muster, lifelong medical diagnosis aside).[break][break]

Smash-cut to the two talking about a grand myriad of things, including but not limited to—[break][break]

their feelings in particular his partner’s take on pillow talk that happens behind closed doors and how he is going to untangle the massive knot the other had built up through years of neglect among other things;[break]
    his true take on what he really wanted to say in this meeting with but abstained from doing so because of his current ‘standing’ with ;[break]
    him finding out a dirty little secret about how Frog’s mega evolution of the evil spirit specter Banette actually affects Frog as a whole the longer he holds it;[break]
    → and a lot of silly other things that happens in their lives x, x (featuring the Fortree Ohana , & to name a few), x.[break][break]

(Some of those have spice jar implications, and when I break out the spice that usually means fading to black in case it wasn’t clear.)
  • Special Badge drop[break]
    Just like in the aftermath of the Three-Day War where he’d awarded the Skyrider Badge to for her efforts on the Lilycove Warfront, Alex is going to be giving the badge to this time, for what went down in Littleroot! (Originally, this was supposed to go to Kaida, but Drakka is taking a break from Hoenn)[break][break]

And yes, this will be threaded out as well, just like the previous time he’d done it.[break][break]

(As a note, thr badge will be given on the next Canon AC not this one.)
  • any notes/comments: there’s a reason why a training montage arc is in order for Bird. IT’S MCFUCKING POWERUP TIME BINCHES, time for the cinnamon roll to be a SINnamon role[break][break]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,382 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK IV
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2023 7:50:38 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]

CANON AC TEMPLATE

[break]

• player/ooc name: madison m. madders
  • character tags:

[break][break]

[break][break]

[break][break]

[break]
  • HEAD SCIENTIST: DISCOVERY
    [break][break]

lulu has continued to lead some of rocket’s advancements in science. her interests span much of the phenomena of hoenn currently, especially dimensional anomalies and energies.[break][break]

she has investigated the tera crystal with , discussed primal energy with , and experimented on primal shards with and . she’s explored the border and ultra deep sea rifts so far, and is currently participating in the split thread of predormitum, in which scientists go to investigate a rift’s exterior.[break][break]

since meteno, missions to space have taken place. a satellite launch initiative is underway, and lunar exploration is being done with the likes of , , , and others.[break][break]

more personally, she released a report recently on infinity energy for team rocket (in her exhibit), and has been developing patches for porygon-z, one of which was able to transmit a signal from ultra space during an experiment in cosmic bells with .[break][break]

cosmic bells with [break]
    space crystal with [break]
    fateful reunion with [break]
    primal experiments with , [break]
    harvest moon with [break]
    infinity and beyond with [break]
    empyrean with [break]
    ultra deep sea with , , [break]
    the border #1 & #2 with , , [break][break]
  • THE DREAM MACHINE[break][break]
    a second patch for porygon-z will soon be ready, named dreamweaver—an upgraded dream eater move, able to extract the data of dreams, for the purpose of transferring them to a machine that lulu has been building.[break][break]

the dream machine will utilize similar technology to rocket’s training program, while taking it steps further to create an interactive virtual environment comprised of the dreams fed into its database.[break][break]

inspired in parts by the cloud, with this, lulu hopes to digitally replicate part of the interdream zone, and perhaps even create a link to the real one. she believes it could potentially open doors to other dimensions and parallel universes, and give insight into the psychology of rocket’s enemies.[break][break]

additionally, she hopes that creating the machine may lure cresselia into team rocket’s clutches.[break][break]

(i’ve been setting up this plot for a bit, and will soon be giving a lot of attention to it, and looking for others to contribute in various ways. thought this might be a good time to announce it!)[break][break]

in the shadows with [break]
    beyond the veil with [break][break]
  • AVATAR: AN EXPLORATION OF POWER[break][break]
    meteno and the rifts have changed lulu, in ways. ghosts of her past have come to haunt her, their voices only amplified by a return to an old skillset as she leads intel for rocket’s project lockbox.[break][break]

previously caring little about the takeover of hoenn, she has recently shown more interest in the wake of these events. she expresses fresh enthusiasm in training, and honing her avatar powers, in part for the purpose of aggressively aiding in rocket’s domination.[break][break]

(new arc that i’m trying to move into! more to come.)[break][break]

revenant with [break]
    split with many[break][break]
  • any notes/comments: thank you all for making this such a fun hobby, and especially to shiv and spiral for all the hard work you both do. ily hoenn! <3

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,523 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK IV
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2023 21:44:56 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

CANON AC TEMPLATE

[break]

• 1. GYM BATTLES FOR CONTINUITY[break]
    I often use Noah as a way to thread past narrative beats into the current. For example, alluding to the HST and 's undercover alias in our gym battle grounds the history and character-specific details.[break][break]

In particular, Noah's battle with recalls the events of STAIRCASE SCHISMS/THE SOOTOPOLIS CITY TAKEOVER. He hopes to foster the Head Ranger's confidence in battling, so that he is more capable in the next clash with Rocket no matter how "overrun" they are. Similarly, 's battle with in GONNA FLY is meant to bolster Hoffman's goals of promoting Petalburg City— and I hope the character's own motivations and confidence too as he aims for a Champion Rank.[break][break]

Likewise, I want to explore a few narrative tensions in 's FLYING PRESS gym thread. As they learn how to work with their new Paldean Pokemon, Noah may poke at Angelo's motivations for taking the gym challenge.

• 2. UNCERTAINTY OVER HOENN'S FUTURE[break]
    Noah possesses much distrust over the Avatar phenomena and the more grandiose displays or sources of power in Hoenn. In his thread with , he questions the ambition of trainers in pursuit of avatarship. Similarly, he ponders the agency of legendary Pokemon themselves, the power dynamic between humans and Pokemon, etc.[break][break]

As he encounters perils within the THE BORDER with , , and , the gym leader's worries begin to compound further. The realm's effect on the party's emotions accentuate the thematic tensions of one's worth and ability in the face of the region's apparently damned destiny.

• any notes/comments: POG

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 0px 5px; } .milkyac b { font-family:Poppins; } .milkyac a { font-family: Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK IV
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2023 17:55:49 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

CANON AC TEMPLATE

[break]

• 1. BOY[break]
    multiple posts trying to tie in kyle's ever growing list of responsibilities reflect the current situation of the champion. slowly but surely, his influence over systems over the league starts to spread, starting from the birth of the minor league, to the rework of the champion system.[break][break]

besides this, kyle takes on responsibilities befitting his status, such as dealing with things related to aqua, and those outside the scope of his job description, like and taking precautions and exploring possibilities for the sake of the region.

more avenues of kyle maturing to grow into the mold befitting his title are to be talked upon on with penny as developments are made.

• 2. GOD KNOWS[break]

kyle doesn't care much, but fascination of the unknown fuels his curiosity to explore the supernatural places he has never considered even touching up on before. he says it's to prepare for future situations where knowledge of it would help instead of just saying the truth, which is a fascination to fantasy worlds and parallels to video game settings.
    [break][break]
    there are multiple times he has tested the waters with things too dangerous to be handled, such as wormholes, crystal blooms and primal shards. all of these are more or less backyard experiments, however.
    [break][break]
    moving on to the appearance of rifts, kyle will soon shift his attention to his solgaleo, and as soon as he finds an appropriate timing, his silvally as well.

• any notes/comments: POG

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 0px 5px; } .milkyac b { font-family:Poppins; } .milkyac a { font-family: Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,834 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK IV
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 6:50:59 GMT
shiv Avatar

CANON ACTIVITY CHECK

THANK YOU / CANON LIST CHANGES

THANK YOU FOR CONTRIBUTING YOUR WONDERFUL CHARACTERS & NARRATIVES to Hoenn's fourth canon activity check. This thread will be an thorough archive and a piece of evidence for the collaboration and community this community exhibits.

Although operating this site can be difficult due to a myriad of reasons, being able to witness a variety of talented writers coming together to create long-running, detailed, and entertaining stories is always worth it.

I sincerely appreciate the comments you've written in your activity check posts. Even though this site will not last forever and even though I'm not perfect, the fact that you all have invested some part of your creative self into this site is a privilege I will not take lightly.

We have these canon activity checks for a variety of reasons apart from fulfilling activity requirements:

• 📝 Showcases connectivity of plots between players, canons, non-canons, and setting for all members.

• 📝 Assists writers with reaffirming, discovering, or crafting links between threads and narrative developments.

• 📝 Allows Shiv to examine motivations and plots of all involved characters to help him find ways to supplement; also, reveals reciprocation of investment to site.

CANON POSITION CHANGES/[break]WARNINGS

The following characters have not fulfilled canon activity check requirements, or are close to losing their spots:[break]

- Underboss[break]
Killian Decker has unfortunately LOST HIS UNDERBOSS position. However, he is encouraged to continue with all of his current and ongoing plots; however, he will no longer be an Underboss. The loss of the position should not in any way hinder outlined plots that he has.[break][break]

He is welcome to join certain future events regarding Rocket higher-ups and to continue collaborating with others, especially with the narrative tools (e.g. Deoxys, lengthy history and experience in this setting, etc.)!

- Gym Leader[break]
Derek Hoffman has NOT LOST HIS GYM LEADER position, however, will need to exhibit more spread out posting for the next canon activity check. Currently, there are less than 8 gym leaders making Derek's continuance of his role even more valuable. Nevertheless, we encourage Derek to continue developing his promising plots!

Characters who have lost a canon position are assumed to have transferred, voluntarily left or lost their positions at or by the end of January, ICly.[break]

[break]

FURTHER NOTES

ANY OPEN CANON SPOTS can be reserved for; however, these canon spots will be heavily vetted by staff. Characters and players who have shown consistency across a long period of time and have a good in-character foundation for particular canon positions will be prioritized.

Furthermore, players who do not already have canons will be considered more than others, as well. Deliberation for these seats may take some time too.

Characters who have lost their canon seats who want to re-apply for their old positions or apply to new positions, may do so in after a few months alongside a reevaluation of investment and activity.