saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,066 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK V
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 18:34:16 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

CANON AC TEMPLATE

APRIL 2023 CANON ACTIVITY CHECK

[break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]

4 ic posts for canon characters:

summarize 2 plots that are in-progress and being threaded:

• 1. **ENVY**[break]
    After repeated trips into THE BORDER along with the JADE BEAD he possesses, it should come as no surprise that he has allowed himself to be afflicted by extreme bouts of ENVY.[break][break]

It has led him to do questionable things and make equally questionable decisions that not only affect himself, but also the people around him. His relationships with his colleagues have been sabotaged, some torn and broken beyond repair, which further feeds into certain emotions and feelings.[break][break]

It has been a joy to write this out with my thread partners (could not have done so without them!).[break][break]

To what extent will Matias further be afflicted by feelings of ENVY, GRUDGE, HATRED, and FEAR? Will he ever mend bridges between him and everyone has he hurt?[break][break]

relevant threads:[break]
    - hey, loser ft. [break]
    - bleed red ft. [break]
    - traitor ft. & [break]
    - ankle monitor ft.

• 2. YOU'RE A COG IN THE WHEEL[break]
    Staying true to his volatile nature, Matias has begun to doubt the stability of his position within the league. He is under the impression that no one trusts him and that no one understands that everything he does is with the region's best interest.[break][break]

This is amplified by his encounter with during Postdormitum where the gym leader said "you're a cog in the wheel." This one line will be used as an anchorpoint for future development.[break][break]

Where does Matias go from here? Does he further commit to people who (he thinks) do not deserve him? Does he stray further away?[break][break]

- carry you ft. [break]
    - to be so lonely ft. [break]
    - magnolia ft. [break]
    - the border ft. KMNP

if an avatar, summarize how you've utilized[break]the legendary/avatarship for collaborative narrative:

• 1. GROUDON[break]
    Matias' mind is no longer his own, and while THE BORDER plays a factor in his volatile actions mentioned above, the constant presence in his mind has worn him down.[break][break]

He is a man who never physically tires but what of his mind? What happens when such an intense presence is always there telling him what to do? How to act? How to feel?[break][break]

So there is an argument to be made that perhaps it's Groudon that contributes to his actions. Perhaps it is the land titan that stirs such intense feelings from within him.[break][break]

Without giving too much away, the relationship/connection between him, Groudon, and Virizion will soon be explored.

• any notes/comments: :copium:

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 0px 5px; } .milkyac b { font-family:Poppins; } .milkyac a { font-family: Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK V
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 19:36:17 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

CANON AC TEMPLATE

[break]

• 1. COGNITIVE DISSONANCE[break]
    Elisabeth's ascent to underboss makes her civilian persona an ever-increasing liability in her day-to-day life. Her life as a florist has never been about being a 'secret civilian identity' for her; rather, it's proof that she can sustain an independent living in a field that she's capable in, despite a lifetime of being told she was unskilled, useless, and uneducated by an abusive husband that isolated her and disenfranchised her.[break][break]

Being a florist is a way of 'playing pretend': an unhealthy coping mechanism where she gets to explore what a life outside of her trauma might be like.[break][break]

This leads to her pursuing a romance with , who has no concept of the person she truly is. When they're together, she can let herself be an uncomplicated, fun, flirtatious civilian without the fear of being chained down by commitment or rejected for being the person she knows she truly is, underneath the charming and innocuous persona she has cultivated for herself.[break][break]

But she's slipping. The more power she gains in Rocket, the harder keeping up a wall between these lives becomes, and the more suspicion she earns from the League. And the day is soon coming when the house of cards will fall apart completely, and she'll be left exposed for the monster she truly is.[break][break]

She knows this deep down inside her heart, even if she pretends not to.

RELEVANT THREADS:

• 2. PANDORA'S BOX[break]
    In the tradition of heroines like Eve, Psyche, and Pandora, Elisabeth's defining character flaw has always been CURIOSITY. Ever since discovering that was not the man he portrayed himself to be during their brief summer romance, she has been driven by this insatiable need to understand just how dangerous this man she'd chosen to be vulnerable with truly was.[break][break]

How far could she have fallen, if she had let herself remain oblivious to the truth of the man she was with? It terrifies her to know how steep that cliff was, but she can't stop peeling back the rotten floorboards to find out how many cockroaches were always scuttling beneath the surface of his façade.[break][break]

It is a selfish narrative, though she tells herself it isn't. Despite claiming to share their pain, Elisabeth uses people like and to gain knowledge of him without considering their feelings in the process. Her bitterness towards Silph is subconsciously a projection of her own trauma from the betrayal of another man who lied to her and manipulated her feelings for him.[break][break]

Which is to say that Elisabeth's obsessive need to understand Silph's motives stems from an unresolved, deep-seated trauma and craving for vengeance that is -- in many ways -- actually misplaced on him. Because the person she's angriest with is herself, and a man buried six feet underground.

RELEVANT THREADS:

• 3. REPRESSION[break]
    Elisabeth's purpose in Rocket is not so sensible as others. She isn't here because she was forced into joining by unfortunate circumstances, or because it's a family to her. She's chosen to join Rocket for two reasons: to protect herself, and to give herself a way of pouring out all her vengeance and resentment on unsuspecting targets. Her spite for the dead man that once controlled her is a fire that keeps burning, and burning, and burning, until eventually it grinds her and everything in her path to ash. She attempts to stifle this truth of her, but it still leaks out.[break][break]

More and more, she is facing the unpleasant reality that perhaps she's destined to never know peace again and that this spite will always live in her, whether she wants it to or not. She can't help but resent people like , who seem to have discovered how to live without it, or people like , who seem to form genuine connections with others more easily than she believes she does.[break][break]

But this isn't the only thing she hides. Her need for genuine companionship, her despairing loneliness, her shame for harboring the dark secrets she does, and her private belief she is beyond redemption all quietly simmer beneath the surface of her façade. Even in the place where her darkness is supposedly most allowed to be on display, she hides herself behind layers of self-interest, sabotaging her own opportunities for happiness and true companionship with individuals like and -- people she could find kinship in, if her own fear didn't prevent her from doing so.

RELEVANT THREADS:

• 4. UNITY[break]
    This is less a plot and more a series of OOC initiatives I'm doing, but I've been working on trying to build a sense of collaboration/unity in Rocket with the underboss canon role. In general, I want to find ways to connect stories, especially across canons and non-canons. I'm super excited to be doing things with Captain, Oslo, and Gunsmile in S.P.E.C.T.R.A. as part of this, as well as work with Thorn and Noodles in our underboss trinity! Stay tuned...

RELEVANT THREADS:

if an avatar, summarize how you've utilized[break]the legendary/avatarship for collaborative narrative:

• any notes/comments: So thrilled for this year's events! Shout-out to my many thread partners who've helped me cultivate the wild story arcs up ahead, with special thanks to Spiral, Dove, Noodles, and Crow for enabling me to tell some upcoming storylines I'm really jazzed about. 2023 is going to be SPICY.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 0px 5px; } .milkyac b { font-family:Poppins; } .milkyac a { font-family: Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK V
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 21:34:49 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

NON-CANON AVATAR[break]AC TEMPLATE

APRIL 2023 NON-CANON AVATAR ACTIVITY CHECK

[break]

4 ic posts for avatar character:

summarize how you've utilized[break]the legendary/avatarship for collaborative narrative:

• 1. Tapu Lele[break]
    Since the avatarship was formed, I think I've done a relatively good job of showing the fact that Tapu Lele started out mostly apathetic towards Doug and his issues as a matron.[break][break]

She didn't have any particular goals in coming to Hoenn, other than to feed on the general chaos. Mostly going along with her more driven siblings, she was there to suck up the misery of the region for sustenance, occasionally aligning herself with the interests of trainers amused her or piqued her interest, however briefly. People whom she found funny, or whom she considered a great source of nourishment.[break][break]

Doug was the later; a particularly needed shot of misery for a Lele that had been grievously injured during the three day war. He was to be nourishment and amusement. Since then, she's become slightly more responsive to Doug, playing along to his attempts at bonding. Specially after he went out of her way to fluff up her stomping grounds with 's, following her depression after some devastating news regarding Tapu Fini.[break][break]

Only a little, though. Certainly does not seem as if she's in any rush to assist him should he find himself in trouble.[break][break]

Baby steps. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯[break][break]
  • 2. Sibling bonds[break]
    Tapu Lele is not shown to care for humans beyond whatever they can give her, but she does care for the other Tapus a great deal, in her own way, and even extends this 'love' to Tapus belonging to another universe.
    [break][break]
    When she finally realized that Tapu Fini might be dead, she took it incredibly poorly, injuring Doug, destroying 's E4 Chamber (HA!) and disappearing until her remaining siblings brought her back during the Battle at Littleroot. [break][break]

For now, she continues to act as herself, though something's feels off to Doug. Her amusement doesn't feel as genuine and her temper feels much shorter.[break][break]

• any notes/comments: My absence has been somewhat prolonged these past few months; I'm trying to rectify that, and settle into more sustainable posting.

close tab

played by

Pilo

Melly
she/her
July 9
Lilycove
Straight
Idol
Elite 4
Navy
Dating
5'6 height
5'6 height
hoenn
awards
3,226 posts
Melody Miro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @melody
Melody Miro
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK V
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 0:07:13 GMT
Melody Miro Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

CANON AC TEMPLATE

[break]
  • 1. Path to Isolation [break]This is a new plot im using to explore Melody's identity post nihilego toxin arc. It's a bit overdue but essentially her battle with and also her telling about her past sets it into motion where she finally confesses she doesn't really know who she is and how she's failed to figure it out after all this time where she has been "Free." (Album inc..) At the moment she may begin to slip into her mother's habits by shadowing Hideo as a gym leader..how will it turn out? OoOoOoOooO
  • 2. Justice[break]Melody has been trying to follow through with her promise to Cobalion to bring those who mistreat Pokémon to justice. Several individuals during the course of PD ( .) are responsible for her pokemon's death. However she also struggles on how to deal with people she cares about or are too important to the league to "bring to justice" such as and . She has tried to fight them and it didn't work, she Matias has tried to atone but she was still left unsatisfied. So she is going to begin working on finding out exactly what Cobalion means by bringing someone to "justice."
  • 1.LEGENDARY[break]Describe how your character, their avatarship and their legendary, have been used to help create a collaborative narrative on site. Helpful questions to ask are: how has your character embodied the values of their legendary? How have they developed?
  • any notes/comments:
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK V
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 3:43:11 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

CANON AC TEMPLATE

[break]

• player/ooc name: nikki (the mudkip)
  • character tags:

• 1. CAN'T ESCAPE THE FALLOUT[break]
    this is more of a... year long project of mine, truthfully, but it's developing a bit further as hoenn's world kind of caves in upon itself. both this plotpoint and the one below are two pieces i have been slowly intertwining together to (hopefully) bring a culmination of experiences and circumstances together to reach a boiling point.[break][break]
    from the first trip into sea!hoenn, illeana reyes has become different. more, in a way, but also lesser than ever before. she has destroyed relationships, broken trust, raised hell in a series of actions and subsequent consequences that all kind of merge together under the same umbrella: the shattering psyche of a woman pushing herself to the brink.[break][break]
    while the paranoia & insanity arc is still in full force (when i am actually alive n posting), it has taken on a bit of a different form these days.[break][break]
    the aftermath of the meteor and sea!hoenn's survival has both shaken and revived illeana in a way i actually really enjoy. she is still torn between selfishness and the greater good as far as her goals go, but it is taking a more cohesive path where her selfish goals are beginning to align with the league's. being the one to tell of sea!hoenn's survival (thank you for indulging me shiv ily) and also hosting an aqua summons to inform the aqua initiative of the same information came with a sense of righteousness for her because in a way, she feels vindicated. her paranoia proved correct in this instance and while she certainly does not go about it in the best way (cutting down rockets in front of in wishmaker or telling she's gonna start an interdimensional war to kill her alter selves), there is a new purpose to the feelings she has.[break][break]
    of course, it will never be as simple as that but she tries to exist in that small pocket of space for a little while. she is, however, finding it increasingly difficult as more bouts of unraveling begin to rise.[break][break]
    in anywhere door with , he supports her to the extent of supervising her dimensional endeavors to find palkia but there's still a lack of trust there she cannot quite overcome. even sketching spatial rend comes with a warning and while she'd like to think she's come a long way since attacking primal crystals with nothing but a dream and blind faith, she has not. she is still one move away from disaster at all given moments.[break][break]
    fortunately for hoenn, her impulsive actions seem to be showing often when forced to defend herself. in threads like wishmaker with and god's country with , paranoia is at the forefront of each action. in particular, wishmaker highlights the breaking between reality and fantasy when action is necessary. one of my favorite posts in that thread actually kind of sums up this entire little essay: expecting water when cutting down what she believes to be sea hoennians only to break down when the crushing realization hits that they were harmless grunts.[break][break]
    and in god's country, she struggles with what she believed to be reality and a new perspective. facing off against is already difficult as it is but with him feeding her new information, new lies, new beliefs... she's struggling to stay above water. it is still ongoing at the moment, but it's already becoming a thread that really pushes illeana to the limit as a character who's unsure of where she belongs and what is real.[break][break]
    plus, this is super indulgent on my part, but i've been doing this fun little thing with my honedge where it like eggs her on to act worse and worse the longer it's in her hand. fun fun fun.
    anyway, honestly, this got away from me and it doesn't make much sense but i am hoping to get back into my paranoid insane arc in full force hehe.

• 2. CREATION: INTERDIMENSIONAL WAR[break]
    now this one is more up in the air, i suppose, but i have been working on trying to weave it in slowly. it started originally with sea!hoenn surviving and a conversation with about what happened on mt pyre during the meteor raids: what if we're heading for a war of worlds?[break][break]
    admittedly, it is still a work in progress, but i have touched upon it in a few threads with , , , , and . (i'm ngl i feel like i'm forgetting someone in there so i will edit this when i figure it out!) anyway, each interaction has the same foundation: a worry about hoenn's defenses knowing that there are more enemies now than just team rocket. illeana, herself, theorizes that a war of worlds will come soon. the dimensional rifts and the wilds further solidify this concept, which is why she's highly interested in gathering as much information as she can about them. she has previously asked for assistance from multiple explorers & adventurers to bring back whatever intel they can. so far, it has been going well and i really love seeing the mentions throughout the wilds <3 i kick my feet a lil each time i see a tag ngl.[break][break]
    another aspect of this i'm starting to slowly explore is the concept of alternate selves. using the otome, i released a corrupted illeana route which was actually my favorite thing to do and i'm really excited to explore the aftermath of that now that things have calmed down a bit irl. in my mind, i have added corrupted illie to the list of alternate selves because i like to think it's what her cloud copy is like. anyway, this is a work in progress hehe.[break][break]
    with postdorm, the concept of a war of worlds is budding a bit more and i hope to add further to it as i get back into the swing of things ;u;

if an avatar, summarize how you've utilized[break]
the legendary/avatarship for collaborative narrative:

• 1. LEGENDARY[break]
    no legendary! just sea!hoenn's mortal enemy, reporting for duty.

• any notes/comments: i'm gonna fill this in when i get back from my enrichment enclosure (eras tour!), but i love you all and i'm excited to keep plotting/threading with ya'll <3 sorry for the lesser activity, april has been a rough time :froggie_sob: EDIT: I AM BACK FROM ERAS TOUR, TAYLOR SWIFT REVIVED ME. HELLLLO HOENN CUTIES ILY this is one giant word vomit and i'm crying i'll add links later my brain cell is dying.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,334 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK V
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 11:40:55 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

CANON AC TEMPLATE

[break]

• 1. RETURN TO WAR[break]
    Postdormitum has been very fun to explore as it mirors the war he fought in Kanto, so returning to it brings mixed feelings of comfort and also doubt of what's to come.[break][break]

Theo still believes in Rocket and the cause but he has started to doubt how feasible it is here and now as their enemy isn't the same. It isn't just the League anymore; now, they have to contend with different worlds. This ties into him being an instructor for SPECTRA.[break][break]

There is also the realization that Hoenn houses very capable trainers. This is explored in threads with , , and .[break][break]

His work in LOCKBOX will also be used in the future as they set up points of contention for conflict.[break][break]

- from shadow ft. & [break]
    - 初光 ft. [break]
    - CAVE: AT ft. [break]
    - jumped times ft. [break]

• 2. ATTACK DOG[break]
    Staying true to what he has always done for Rocket, Theo has started to mentor people and to help them find their right roles.[break][break]

is one of them. Recognizing her potential was being wasted as an informant, he pulled her out of the police force and moved her to work directly under him as an enforcer.[break][break]

They are currently exploring their dynamic as Theo used to be in her shoes, so it's been fun to write how much that has changed.[break][break]

- shadowboxing ft. [break]
    - relocation ft. [break]
    - BUNKER 0004-MDC ft. [break]
    - baby annihilation ft. [break]

• 1. N/A[break]
    N/A

close tab

played by

Pilo1

B
He/Him
July 9th
Little Root
Gay
Beast
Rocket Beast
Priam conrad
nappy pals
637 height
637 height
Well if it's war that you want then you got it, if it's pain then I got what you need.
awards
1,659 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bryan
bryan delarosa
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK V
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 17:55:10 GMT
bryan delarosa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

CANON AC TEMPLATE

[break]

• 1. Shit head mc gee[break]
    Bryan is making several attempts to corrupt specific individuals in rocket and make them more prone to violence as an alternative to the more logical and quiet method they have been trying. Specifically he has been talking to , pushing her to be more active in rocket's aggressive take over by having her train with him as he starts to fall deeper and deeper into his madness. After PD he's also going to be enabling some people ( @kouji and ) to work with him as they seem be the type that would mesh well with his leading style.

• 2. Kanto[break]
    During post dormitum, two stong personalities clash with one another. Bryan attempting to encourage to be more aggressive (like he's encouraging Elisabeth) like he was in Kanto to push an advantage in the war against league while Gavin attempts to argue his point that Kanto was a failure and would not work in Hoenn, citing as an example of what the failure would entail. Xerneas intervenes on Bryan behalf attempting to smooth things over with the underboss to keep the "peace" between the two and push his own desires forward and encourage gavin to take Bryan to see Kanto himself.

• 1. LEGENDARY[break]
    XERNEAS: I've always written Xerneas and Bryan to be a foil to one another in some aspects. How I've written Xerneas to be slightly different than previous lore has been thought about for him. Where people see Xerneas as a kind and caring healer (as he is somewhat.) he is also indifferent to a majority of humans aside from avatars. He paired himself with Bryan due to the sacrifice he made with the BLUE MULCH and was indebted to not only bryan but rocket as a whole. But the more time he spends with Bryan he sees more and more how Bryan lives his life and how dedicated he is to living his life to the fullest in his own way. However Xerneas believes he may need some more tact, especially for bryan to assist Xerneas in his own desires. During the post dormitum thread, Xerneas's desire to purify lugia was revealed when the dimension temporarily colors swapped Lugia to it's normal colors, revealing it's desires to rectify it. Normally pokemon who have died and return were more of Yvetal's domain but such a powerful and regal pokemon of legendary status must be rectified in Xerneas's opinion and he will begin to encourage bryan to find a way to purify lugia by befriending gavin.

• any notes/comments:

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,337 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK V
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 20:29:08 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

CANON AC TEMPLATE

[break]

• player/ooc name: Nellethiel [break][break]
  • character tags:

four ic posts for canon characters:

[break]

SUMMARIZE TWO PLOTS (IN-PROGRESS & BEING THREADED):

[break]

• THE SATO LEGACY[break][break]

When Nomi was two years old, her parents - the celebrated Johto scientists Yuri and Karin Sato - left on a special assignment in Kanto. This was the last time Nomi ever saw her parents, for they never returned from that assignment. For twenty years, the mysterious circumstances surrounding her parents' deaths have haunted Nomi; they were presumed dead, but very little details were ever shared concerning how they died.[break][break]
    In the Summer of 2022, Nomi's close friend from Slateport University, , suggested to Nomi that perhaps Team Rocket had something to do with her parents' deaths, considering her parents had gone to Kanto, a region controlled by Rocket. After that revelation - something Nomi had never seriously considered before - Nomi decided to join the Hoenn branch of Team Rocket as a scientific researcher in order to try and find out what happened to her parents.[break][break]
    Nomi has since had it confirmed for her by that her parents were indeed members of Kanto Rocket's science division. According to him, they "could not deliver" on something they had promised. However, the former Head Scientist returned to Kanto before she had the chance to find out more about his experiences with them. She continued to hunt for answers...[break][break]
    Several Rockets have since taken part in Nomi's hunt for information on what happened to her parents, notably those who have accompanied her into The Border, where she saw the spirits of both her parents and the people her parents experimented on. Finally, in the midst of the ULTRA DEEP SEA, Nomi witnessed exactly what happened to her parents, at the behest of and his tragic memories of Kanto.[break][break]
    This story arc has since concluded, but it should be mentioned here as it has been a pivotal aspect of Nomi's character growth from before her promotion to Head Scientist as well as after.

[break]

pertinent threads:[break]

EPIPHANIES with [break]

BOUND BY SYMMETRY with [break]

AMIDST THIS FADING LIGHT with [break]

LIVE THIS CLOSE TO DEATH with [break]

THE BORDER: ZENL & THE BORDER: ZENL #2 with , , & [break]

A HEAP OF BROKEN IMAGES with [break]

• any notes/comments: Thank you for the opportunity to play a canon character on this awesome website, I love this community and I’m so excited to see where the siteplot & all my ongoing plotting goes! Thank you to everyone who has written with me and/or will write with me in the near future! ♡

close tab

played by

roux

Marz/Marzy
she/her
Jan 1
castelia city, unova
hella lesbian
smuggler
rocket beast
give me grief, give me violence
awards
239 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marza
Marza Volchitsa
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK V
POSTED ON May 1, 2023 13:38:10 GMT
Marza Volchitsa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

CANON AC TEMPLATE

[break]

• 1. PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT[break]
    Training to be a beast with , really trying to define her less as just a brute and more of someone that can be a capable teacher in the future. She believes that Rocket can be a powerhouse force, but also believes that to do so it has to be brutal and show willingness to be strong (even if her idea of strength is verrry skewed).
    [break][break]
    - Primarily, this will be in training future rocket grunts under a more vicious and brainwashed willing mindset :). So gonna start collecting new kids like a good horrible mama bear with bad parental skills. [break]
    - Will also be continuing on the gym route to continue working on her skills, especially after her unanticipated and vicious victory again , which is a big step up from getting stomped at mt. pyre. Got the weather badge, probably gonna try for the fighting badge (because she like dat shit).[break]
    - Also having a very complicated feelings for , which is always fun because she's used to just being a rocket weapon and not having to think for herself. [break]

• 2. BEASTIE[break]
    Settling into her position as beast, she's joined in a Lockbox mission as well as , , in two consecutive trips to the border. Also been served up to be studied like a lab rat in the DISSEMINATE: PAAA thread for being the only rocket leadership to have died during the mt. Pyre event (she's not too happy with it, but she is also a rocket simp).

• any notes/comments: This spring has been a bit more than I signed up for (in real life), so I'm sure it's bled into the site. After I get back from my trip, I really wanna start aiming to have her start training with grunts and do a lot more personal plots I have planned up.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK V
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 18:52:46 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

CANON AC TEMPLATE

[break]

• 1. RANGERS RISING 2, WORK, AND PD AFTERMATH[break]
    While it’s mostly business as usual at the Ranger offices / headquarters, fact of the matter after Meteno it’s time to get the Rangers up to speed—therefore the second in a series of meetings to exchange and disseminate information is called.[break][break]

(Thankfully, no unwanted incidents have happened and everyone is on their best behavior.)[break][break]

This is also where the lead-up to Lars’s current situation with Articuno, and how any information pertaining to Zapdos and Moltres would be very much appreciated because at this point, if attempting to approach the Iceborne Mirage with companions (hell, one of them’s an avatar even) didn’t work, then maybe the reassuring presence of at least one of the other two Mirages would help repair the broken connection he shares with his frosty patron.[break][break]

On the work-related side of things (as RR2 is timelined before PD) him and make a trip out to Mount Chimney in search for any scraps of information about Moltres. Asides from what information had already been doled out during the Rangers Rising meeting and other occurrences where several other attempts to contact Moltres have been made, they would only find traces within the volcano’s molten underbelly (and return with even less answers than before).[break][break]

After the end of Postdormitum, a planned thread with miss will reveal the whereabouts of Zapdos, at the very least. (The information that will be shared in this meeting will be enough cause for alarm for Lars, though, since originally had wanted to at the very least unite the legendary birds under the Ranger banner.)

• 2. PAROLE DUTY (AND THEN SOME)[break]
    Not too long after had gotten themselves arrested in Rustboro and eventually released into the Ranger forces (in exchange for serving out their prison sentence) a prickly porcupine butts heads with his wily, conniving foxy ‘charge’.[break][break]

Clearly Foxy doesn’t like working with most people and prefers to do their own thing, however fact of the matter is that: he’s still a criminal, and someone has to keep an eye on him.[break][break]

Insert: Lars himself.[break][break]

It’s been a wild ride so far, considering how rocky the start of their interactions had been (see: evil contracts where Fox very reluctantly volunteers their services to the Rangers), the two are constantly butting heads and bickering about the smallest things while they work together:[break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"][break]

However, things get to a head when they encounter the blasted pink mist from the Interdream Zone, and—shit basically hits the fan, for lack of a better term.[break][break]

While he’s keeping an eye on the fox to make sure they don’t run away and get themselves up to no good again, fact of the matter is the porcupine’s jealous about something, however how in the absolute hell is he going to address it when the other shuts him down at every opportunity that he tries to bring it up?!

• 3. WHAT WAS LOST, WILL BE FOUND[break]
    An upcoming plot involving rescuing from the clutches of Team Rocket after the other had gotten kidnapped by the end of Postdormitum, this had already been touched on with during the events of Postdormitum itself through these threads: aiutare and il assedio where he revealed to the other that she has indeed, gone missing (in fact he’s been trying since the start of the entire Postdormitum event just after their 2v2 battle to find her since they got separated, and Callan helped as well once the two managed to find each other amidst the mess of that fateful evening) and has not heard from her throughout any of the League-secured channels.[break][break]

At the moment is in Rocket hands, however Lars is going to plan something absolutely crazy which is: to rescue her. Albeit this is going to be incredibly reckless, he feels responsible that her going missing is somewhat his fault, since the last time that she was around was during the time they had a 2 on 2 battle with a couple of masked individuals who were clearly on Team Rocket’s side.[break][break]

How will it end? Only time will tell.

• LARS & ARTICUNO[break]
    Okay so it’s time to talk about the Copperajah in the room: the snarky one. Truth of the matter is, right after they took a Glaciate to the face at the very end of the Meteno event, things have… not been so well between them and Lars.[break][break]

For one thing, there’s eternal radio silence permeating in the back of Lars’s mind ever since that date—the last words that they got from the Iceborne Mirage was to take them back to Shoal Cave—before they were summarily banished out of the place.[break][break]

This has made him even less composed than usual, because the link between the two—and that’s saying something because Articuno is one of the rare instances where a legendary Pokémon is as verbose as they are—suddenly went on radio silence.[break][break]

Put it down to being blasted by a being that was much more powerful than they were, like both them and Lars almost died had they not been both immune to the cold. Still, that stung hard. [break][break]

This has then put a literal monkey wrench the size of a spanner between their ‘relationship’, which became all the more obvious when Lars went on a trip to the Ultra Deep Sea and got stung by a Nihilego.[break][break]

At this point the powers just basically go out of control. The more he tries to control it, the more volatile, unpredictable it gets.[break][break]

He then brings up the matter during the second Rangers Rising meeting, and has since been in contact with some people, asking them for help on how to handle the sticky situation:[break][break]

Which now segueways into what happened across his entire run in the Postdormitum event: his powers are literally dripping and trying to force their way out of him—all the while the radio silence in the back of his head persists. Interestingly this happens only in the middle of battle, as shown below:[break][break]

He’s also booked a trip to ’s offices looking for help with what’s been happening to him. Who knows when the snarky one will come home from the war?[break][break]

He has control over some aspects of his avatar-related powers but everything else is a hit and miss until the root cause of just why the Mirage isn’t communicating with him has been figured out—hence why he’s been asking for help regarding the matter.[break][break]

Personally, Lars is terrified because what if nearly dying at the hands of Kyurem would drive them away from him?

• any notes/comments: a lot of people got burned out by the otome event (myself included) and then followed up by a high-intensity event like Postdormitum, it’s a scramble to stay on top of things. however, now that things are calming down, hopefully I can resettle back into the usual rhythm of writing—this goes without saying. who knows how the quandary with Articuno will end?

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
600 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK V
POSTED ON May 3, 2023 5:15:58 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

CANON AC TEMPLATE

[break]

• 1. PREPARATIONS[break]
    Due to omens encountered in the Rondez-view of Luv otome route, Cyberchase and more, Dahlia is attempting to piece together as many resources as she can to face the unknown threats coming their way. Although 99943 METENO was an exercise in doom and dilemma, the Commissioner understands that the meteoroid's issue is nothing compared what may be apocalyptic and cosmological threats.[break][break]

Despite her hesitance, she has partnered with & 's NAUTICA and has promoted to HEAD RANGER in preparation. The recent development of 's partnership with CHI-YU is also an example of this:[break][break]

"Commissioner DAHLIA GOODE, should she be enlightened, would rather take no chances of CHI-YU falling into Team Rocket's hands. Maintaining and overseeing the bond may allow her government to keep a close eye on the creature. To learn how it works... in order to change Hoenn's fate." - PARADISE LOST

• 2. GENUINE RELATIONSHIPS[break]
    At this stage of her career, Dahlia is finding it difficult to maintain genuine or stable relationships. Although everything she does is filtered by work, there are moments in which she yearns for a bond untouched by the political machine. She is beginning to recognize that this impossible and that every relationship is a political maneuver whether she likes it or not.[break][break]

For example, Dahlia's attempt to appeal to in the Distortion World is genuine... but she recognizes the duality of her action as a political attempt to secure her loyalty. Similarly, her relationship with may now be the closest to a bond that she has outside of the League's institutions, but even that is at risk or an illusion.

• any notes/comments: POGGIE

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,523 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK V
POSTED ON May 3, 2023 5:19:24 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

CANON AC TEMPLATE

[break]

• 1. WELCOMING NEWCOMERS[break]
    Noah is a continual figure that introduces new characters to the setting. ICly, this is due to Noah's own desires for a stable life in Hoenn, and he wants to provide that for the young () and the visitors ().[break][break]

His outgoing personality really allows him to become momentary soft landing for these characters, and allows them to connect to the institutions of Hoenn he represents such as the gym challenge.[break][break]

• 2. HOSTILITY AGAINST ROCKET[break]
    Noah has been able to follow-up on personal conflicts against Team Rocket. For example, with 's confession, Noah is finding a way to reconcile between forgiveness, justice and his own personal guilt. Although Noah is still attempting to process their encounter and the resurrection of his Machamp, the gym leader is determined not to go "soft."[break][break]

Noah has been able to follow-up on partnerships with other League trainers such as . The two had promised to fight Rocket on the frontlines—which they were able to fulfill in Ultra Deep Sea against . The fact that they had to fight , an avatar, has been key to Noah's belief that the avatar phenomena is a ultimately a threat to stability...

• any notes/comments: POG

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,047 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK V
POSTED ON May 3, 2023 6:34:41 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

CANON AC TEMPLATE

[break]

• 1. FORTREE GYM LEADER: BUSINESS AS USUAL[break]
    Keeping up with the stream of challengers that come by the Fortree Gym, he’s already considered placing future requests for non-traditional challenges on-hold, in order to allow more challengers to come by and get his badge. Some of the challenges that he’s recently completed are:[break][break]

While here are the other challenges that are progressing or close to wrapping:[break][break]

The queue of challengers has to keep moving, after all! ( has expressed intent on challenging the gym, we’re ironing out finer details via DM and this will be going up soon!)

• 2. SLICE OF LIFE & ‘KAGUYA’[break]
    Of course, outside of gym battles he’s settled into a tried and true pattern of pre marital bliss with , and honestly if they’re not Fortree’s ‘married gay dads’ at this point then honestly what are they?! Shenanigans abound, including but not limited to:[break][break]

(slice of life thread pacing is due to both our RL work demanding our full attention, however we do love our threads and we take our time with the silly gay dads!)[break][break]

And then, on the other side of things, they’ve already gone into the Ultra Crater two separate times now, however the fact of the matter is that the closer he gets to actually obtaining ‘Kaguya’ (Celesteela) the more dangerous things will become as a whole.[break][break]

For one thing—in their second expedition, the merry band of travelers (him, Memo and ) rescue a ‘child’ () who they have no idea ended up inside the strange realm in the first place. Another fact of the matter is that they discover a graveyard of dead ultra beasts, which steels ’s resolve in general not to get involved with them in any way, shape or form—but of course what the Birddad™ wants, the Birddad™ will get.[break][break]

Even if it means walking into a trap that would have him relive some of his worst nightmares come to life.[break][break]

Back to the lighter side of things, him and are hosting the Silph cup 2023 at the Fortree Gym, where surprisingly there are not as many speed obstacles as the self-proclaimed ‘Master of Faster’ would’ve charged ahead on. Instead, the new course is much more technical and involves precision and navigational skills put to the test.[break][break]

There’s also a planned, plotted encounter with regarding certain things the Galarian Ambassador. As to what it is? That’s a surprise, and will be coming in the next few days!

• 3. ‘NEVER FORGET 17.5.21’[break]
    (more like, when worst nightmares and suppressed trauma all come to life in a single month, a.k.a. not everything is as it seems)[break][break]

surprise: you’re dead. well, not really dead yet, but you know how it is. you’ve been living in comfort for so long it’s like you’ve already forgotten how it felt like to slip into the abyss.[break][break]

(and no, the abyss from cyberspace hell doesn’t count because you can’t remember it.)[break][break]

there comes one month of the year, where your paranoia goes from near-zero to off the charts, all because of the deep-seated trauma, the suppressed memories, all come flooding out in full force. your insomnia, which you thought you’d already defeated while sleeping in the arms of your world (), suddenly makes an ugly return.[break][break]

‘never forget 17.5.21’, the words rise unbidden. two years to the day you almost lost your life right where you live, because back then you were so naïve, so foolish, to believe that you were talking to Archie. but no. it wasn’t him. it wasn’t him at all, you learned that fateful evening.[break][break]

one year ago you woke up screaming, you called for help, you revealed a little bit of what bothered you. you found refuge in the world, his world, and the world moved forward. stability, peace and quiet—despite what happened in cyberspace, you still went forward with everything. lived your life.[break][break]

tonight though, with , you get a grim reminder that this month, May, is not that at all happy.[break][break]

The timing of this couldn’t have come at a more opportune moment. With May literally just around the corner, this is the one month of the year that poor Alexei unravels like a spool of yarn. Eleven out of twelve months of the year he’s safe.[break][break]

Come May, though, it’s all downhill from there. Putting it down to his fear of blood, of dying, of death, all the repressed negativity that he keeps at bay for the entire year all comes crashing out on this one month. As someone with a lifelong medical condition that actively puts him in danger of bleeding to death, well, it’s easy to see why the world literally recedes away the moment he gets physically injured.[break][break]

May 2022 would’ve been a repeat of 2021 had it not been for a certain someone (who at the time, they weren’t together yet) coming over and helping him get through the worst of it all. Now that May 2023 is here, though? With Team Rocket actively running around?[break][break]

This makes him a perfect target, a macabre reminder that he’s on borrowed time.

• ALEX & TORNADUS[break]
    Not an avatar, but he does have a ‘smaller’ version of the Wandering Stormbringer himself (as evidenced at their last encounter in the skies above Lilycove). Said smaller version of the ‘weather god’ (as calls him) has been sighted at the Littleroot battlegrounds during Meteno, however has been mostly kept out of the ‘public’ eye since then, with some notable exceptions.[break][break]

(I know that he’s not an avatar yet? maybe? but Alex practically has a legendary companion upon themselves, and has a Z-move to boot because emergency contingency reasons that went down during the two times he’d made a trip to the Ultra Crater right in Fortree.)

• any notes/comments: compared to Lars who literally went into the underbelly of the beast during Postdormitum, things have been quieter on the Fortree home front—but that’s not to say that he’s been too quiet. there are gym challenges on-going and being wrapped as well, to keep the line moving. also, otome burnout hit maybe a little harder than expected… many apologies![break][break]

with the upcoming ‘goodbye galar’ raid, though, things would definitely change and hopefully swing in his favor—he still has yet to unlock Therian forme for the djinni who travels with him (seeing as during the goodbye galar event, Lars would be busy elsewhere trying to bust his cousin out from Team Rocket’s greasy cluthces).[break][break]

p.s.: I’m currently in the middle of moving physical work places (our company’s office is relocating to another city) so things on my end will be hella busy until the end of this week, considering as we’ve got to move literally everything over (which includes locker spaces, badge access, commute routes, to name a few).

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,382 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK V
POSTED ON May 3, 2023 14:13:29 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

NON-CANON AVATAR[break]AC TEMPLATE

APRIL 2023 NON-CANON AVATAR ACTIVITY CHECK

[break]

• player/ooc name: madison m. madders
  • character tags:

4 ic posts for avatar character:

summarize how you've utilized[break]the legendary/avatarship for collaborative narrative:

• 1. DARKRAI[break]

the effect of darkrai's z-move is for the recipient to experience their worst fear. this is meant to be a nice tool for writers to explore and also offer a deep glimpse into a character's personality or memories there may not often be another easy reason to unveil to the reader. i haven't used that z-move much recently, but when i was doing it a lot, there were many whole threads that were mostly long, detailed nightmares by various characters on the site. it was neat and i am open to doing those again, as said before. i'd stopped doing them for a bit because there were just so many, but a couple every once in a while is great![break][break]

more recently, darkrai and lulu have been after cresselia's lunar wing possessed by . this has resulted in the kidnapping of luka in postdormitum, and consequently whatever may follow that event as more characters become involved.[break][break]

lulu's obsession with the interdream zone, dreams and how they may relate to other universes has grown increasingly over the last several months. she has a machine that she has built, that is meant to contain an artificial interdream zone, comprised of 'dream data' collected by her porygon-z. i have been trying to tentatively explore how darkrai feels about this. it's still a mystery.[break][break]

recently, i really liked the interaction with and kyogre in fantasia. since the ongoing darkrai / tapu fini rivalry, i do love a good clash of avatar legendaries, even though this one was kinda short because of stuff i have going on.

• any notes/comments: i have a big note in the main ac concerning health stuff and activity. <3 i will be slower, but if i'm able to continue avatarship, wonderful. i would love that. if i get to be too slow, i would understand if i were removed from the role.

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,796 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK V
POSTED ON May 3, 2023 14:52:22 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

CANON AC TEMPLATE

[break]

• player/ooc name: noodles
  • character tags:

• 2. BROTHER, BROTHER?[break]
    Cian explores the guilt of leaving his brother in Team Rocket behind which inadvertently led to the execution of their father; a fact Cian has yet to discover but will soon learn.[break][break]

Will Cian try to make amends? Or will he further doom his twin?[break][break]

- DOCTOR, DOCTOR ft. [break]
    - drown your sorrows ft.

• 1. N/A[break]
    N/A