[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]CANON ACTIVITY CHECK

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

INSTRUCTIONS
ENDS MAY 5TH, 11:50PM PST

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r3b4biAvZx1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]

CANON AC INTRO

HELLO, EVERYONE! It is time for an activity check for canon characters.[break][break]

WHY A CANON AC? As we move forward with the site narrative, the canon activity check is important in order to ensure that canon characters are being utilized in a way that we would like to see on the site. We have an active and large member base, so maintaining strict standards for canon positions are important to us.[break][break]

Canon characters, when utilized well on a roleplaying site, have the potential to help new or non-canon characters develop their narratives in meaningful ways.[break][break]

Furthermore, this activity check provides an opportunity to help encourage, strengthen and uphold storytelling skills on the part of our players.

IMPORTANT:

Players who own these canon characters must also be good community members, able to avoid inflexible plotting, gatekeeping, and able to respect and exercise healthy boundaries of others, of their own, and of their characters. In this collaborative setting, being able to trust in the storytelling process and other storytellers is pivotal.[break][break]

Lastly, your health is more important than fictional titles and pixels on a roleplaying site. If you must step down from the canon position for better balance in your life, that is encouraged for your wellbeing. Should you wish to return to a canon position, after a steady period of activity, the character can possibly return to their original seat.

CANON AC REQ.

THE CANON ACTIVITY CHECK has the following requirements.[break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • 4 linked ic-posts in April from every canon character you own.
  • each post should be from a separate weeks or spaced out.
  • posts should not be from the same 1 or 2 threads.
  • solo wilds, safari threads, swarm threads, or anything similar will not count.
  • the progress and momentum of the thread will be considered.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: If I have seen that there have been little to no plots progressed or that the explanations are not satisfactory, the canon position or avatarship will be removed from the character.[break][break]

Feel free to continue keeping your characters involved in their respective organizations in a similar manner, but they will no longer be official canons or in their previous seats.

NEW POSITIONS may be created (e.g. new Underboss positions, new Council positions, etc.) should a character narratively fit those positions.[break][break]

GYM LEADERS can grant a BADGE to a character they have threaded with and they feel is deserving of the badge's requirements. This is not a mandatory action and can be ignored.[break][break]

Please remember, non-canon characters can have similar impacts as canon characters. Canons are not the end all be all.[break][break]

PLEASE LET US KNOW if you have any questions and concerns as you read the guidelines below. Remember, "plots" do not need to mean elaborate narratives. For example, a gym leader continuing their work conducting gym battles can suffice.[break][break]

• ensure that you spotlight non-canon interaction in some way.
  • must summarize 2 "plots" of any kind that are in-progress and the threading / posts that have already been put into it (within the ac period).
  • if the character is an avatar, summarize how the character has utilized their legendary/avatarship for collaborative narrative.

DEADLINE

This activity check will close[break][break]MAY 5TH, 11:59PM PST.

ACTIVITY CHECK TEMPLATE

YOU MAY USE THE TEMPLATE BELOW to write your canon activity check post. Huge thanks to MILKY for providing this cleaned up version of the template.[break][break]

As with most things on the site, the template is OPTIONAL and is not required for use as long as all the needed information is present in your post.[break][break][break][break]

CANON ACTIVITY CHECK

[nospaces][blockquote][attr="class","milkyac"] [h1]CANON AC TEMPLATE[/h1]
[h2]APRIL 2023 CANON ACTIVITY CHECK[/h2][break]

[quote][div][attr="class","ynospace"]
[ul type="disc"][li][b]player/ooc name:[/b] player name [/li]
[li][b]character tags:[/b] @TAG[/li][/ul] [/quote]
[div align="center"][b]4 ic posts for canon characters:[/b][/div]
[quote]
[div][attr="class","ynospace"][ul type="disc"]
[li][a href="https://pkmn-hoenn.boards.net"]THREAD[/a][/li]
[li][a href="https://pkmn-hoenn.boards.net"]THREAD[/a][/li][/ul][/quote]

[div align="center"][b]summarize 2 plots that are in-progress and being threaded:[/b][/div]
[quote]
[ul type="disc"][li][b]1. PLOT NAME[/b][break]
Description of plot.[/li][/ul][/quote]

[quote][ul type="disc"][li][b]2. PLOT NAME[/b][break]
Description of plot.[/li][/ul][/quote]

[div align="center"][b]if an avatar, summarize how you've utilized[break]the legendary/avatarship for collaborative narrative:[/b][/div]
[quote]
[ul type="disc"][li][b]1. LEGENDARY[/b][break]
Describe how your character, their avatarship and their legendary, have been used to help create a collaborative narrative on site. Helpful questions to ask are: how has your character embodied the values of their legendary? How have they developed?[/li][/ul][/quote]

[ul type="disc"][li][b]any notes/comments:[/b] [/li][/ul]
[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 0px 5px; } .milkyac b { font-family:Poppins; } .milkyac a { font-family: Poppins!important; [/newclass]

[break][break][break][break]

NON-CANON AVATAR ACTIVITY CHECK

IF YOUR CHARACTER DOES NOT HAVE A CANON POSITION, but is an AVATAR use the following template below. The character does not need to complete the GENERAL ACTIVITY CHECK.

[nospaces][blockquote][attr="class","milkyac"] [h1]NON-CANON AVATAR[break]AC TEMPLATE[/h1]
[h2]APRIL 2023 NON-CANON AVATAR ACTIVITY CHECK[/h2][break]

[quote][div][attr="class","ynospace"]
[ul type="disc"][li][b]player/ooc name:[/b] player name [/li]
[li][b]character tags:[/b] @TAG[/li][/ul] [/quote]

[div align="center"][b]4 ic posts for avatar character:[/b][/div]
[quote]
[div][attr="class","ynospace"][ul type="disc"]
[li][a href="https://pkmn-hoenn.boards.net"]THREAD[/a][/li][/ul][/quote]

[div align="center"][b]summarize how you've utilized[break]the legendary/avatarship for collaborative narrative:[/b][/div]
[quote]
[ul type="disc"][li][b]1. LEGENDARY POKEMON NAME HERE[/b][break]
Describe how your character, their avatarship and their legendary, have been used to help create a collaborative narrative on site. Helpful questions to ask are: how has your character embodied the values of their legendary? How have they developed? It is encouraged to link threads that demonstrate this.[/li][/ul][/quote]

[ul type="disc"][li][b]any notes/comments:[/b] [/li][/ul]
[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 0px 5px; } .milkyac b { font-family:Poppins; } .milkyac a { font-family: Poppins!important; [/newclass]

SPECIAL EXCEPTIONS

EXEMPT CHARACTERS

THE FOLLOWING PLAYERS/CHARACTERS are exempt from this CANON ACTIVITY CHECK due to uncontrollable IRL situations and/or the recent acquisition of a canon or avatar seat. However, they may post in this activity check if they would like.[break][break]

[break]
(necrozma powers are being plotted out/transitioned)

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
✨ I'm addicted to shining and glowing
awards
2,662 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK V
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 1:41:40 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

CANON AC TEMPLATE

APRIL 2023 CANON ACTIVITY CHECK

[break]

• player/ooc name: kimmy
  • character tags:

4 ic posts for canon characters:

summarize 2 plots that are in-progress and being threaded:

• 1. IMPROVISE [break]
    Part of Mint's focus on intel come from his roots as a scavenger. He had a long history of going out into the field and bring rocket scientists all kinds of information and data. From attempting to record outings like GEOMANCY and CYBERCHASE to stealing League PRIMAL DETECTORS to rekit into a handheld primal vibe checker, Mint has always made him an asset to Rocekt RnD. ( if only to continue the constant stream of spy gadget he's provided ) [break][break]

Recently he has begun a growing focus on assisting and with the hunt for Unown ( if only to attempt to track down Father Winter's double ). Not only would unlocking the Unown D's power to dimension hop help Rocket in finding the DRK Triad and by extension Arceus and Father Winter, but it would also help Mint track down Kyurem. [break][break]

tracking daddy [break][break]

While incredibly dangerous, Mint has been developing a morbid curiosity with the cataclysmic sized dragon. Especially after losing Bucatini to it's GLACIATE ice. He considers it to be a threat almost akin to Necorzma due to the power of its ice and the unnatural size of its body. He is also deeply interested in watching the dragon become whole again by voring Reshiram or Zekrom. Or, alternatively, if it has grown that size due to consuming its universe's dragon duo. Arguing Kyurem can be used as a weapon of mass destruction against them by the League, Mint would like to study a way to neutralize and repel the behemoth. [break][break]

misty readings ft [break]
    a cold mourning ft. [break]

• 3. OVERCOME [break]
    i did not think this thru i just like having cute formatts :freeloader:

• any notes/comments: WAAAH i am v grateful for everyone in helping me with my narratives. i rally enjoy hoenn and im always grateful milky broguht me here all those years ago. im sorry for all the tags but i did want to showcase all the cute little things everyone has helped mint do. espionage beast was always a hard balance for mint but im v excited to continue building him up. great thigns come in small packages and all that hee hoo ty for allowing him to be delulu over father winter byeeee

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK V
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 1:56:20 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

CANON AC TEMPLATE

[break]

• player/ooc name: dove [break][break]
  • character tags:

four ic posts for canon characters:

[break]

SUMMARIZE TWO PLOTS (IN-PROGRESS & BEING THREADED):

[break]

• any notes/comments: i had a small health scare mid-february to mid-march, so my activity was definitely much lower during that time period. luckily i feel much better! i tried to come back strong during PD and i have plans for future plots, so hopefully what i have here suffices ♡

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,142 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK V
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 1:59:17 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

CANON AC TEMPLATE

[break]

• DEVOTION TO ROCKET[break]
    As always, Jayden's loyalty to Rocket will be first and foremost. He utilizes his position as Admin to instill this in his members, either by conversations with them or through their training. Post-Meteno, his main concern is strengthening Rocket by whatever means necessary, both against League and whatever unseen forces that may exist. [break][break]

He has taken part in Rocket discussions such as DISSEMINATE, and URIEL. He is an evaluator in SPECTRA, utilizing his position as Rocket's Admin of Offense to continue to oversee Rocket's training programs. In addition, he'll work closely with to develop holographic bosses for the recruits to fight and battle to strengthen their offensive skills. [break][break]

As a part of SPECTRA, Jayden continues to fight avatars and legendaries in it's name. The most recent fight is with that of and LATIAS, who gets vengeance on the man who attacked by dealing Jayden a nearly-fatal injury to the shoulder.

[break][break] Post-meteno, Jayden first made sure to check on injured recruits personally as seen in TWO-BIT COUNTERFEIT, BEST FRIENDS FOREVER CLUB and FADE INTO YOU. In FROSTBITE, Jayden expresses his concern of the DRK Triad and the missing Dialga and Palkia. This leads to him wanting to work with Rocket's science division to investigate and plan for the current war against both Rocket and otherworldy forces. In UNOWN EXCHANGE, he discusses Unown with ; in WORK STUDY and THE END, he and hypothesize possible alternatives, as well as investigate The Silent Icelands; and in DREAMS OF KANTO, he explores interdream threats with . [break][break]

In addition, RONDEZ-VIEW OF LOVE was utilized for this angle as well, as ICly he played the game to either get some surprising intel on colleagues he may not have been able to get easily otherwise (ELISABETH, ERIS, OSCAR ), find information on Leaguers, or providing additional Rocket storybeats in his Rocket-themed otomes (GAVIN, ASHLEY, ZEV, CIAN & WILLOW). Each of these OTOMES were plot-driven and either lay the groundwork for future threads, or add to an on-going theme. ie. showing (WILLOW) how her son gets nearly gets stabbed at the Star Soiree, or traumatizing for methods of revenge (CIAN). [break][break]

In addition, Jayden is also co-head of PROJECT LOCKBOX with , the initative that is meant to build a series of underground networks for Rocket right beneath the League's nose. This utilizes meteno abandoned bunkers, and he's investigated this with several others.

[break][break]

rocket projects & related threads: [break]
    DISSEMINATE [break]
    URIEL [break]
    PROJECT LOCKBOX [break]
    SERVED COLD (for SPECTRA)

[break][break]

lockbox threads [break]
    DANGER, DANGER — w/ [break]
    KOWTOW — w/ [break]
    MISCHIEF MANAGED [break]
    CHARON — w/ [break]
    BUNKER 0101-L — w/ [break]
    BUNKER 0084-GC [break] [break]

other threads [break]
    FROSTBITE — w/ [break]
    TWO-BIT COUNTERFEIT — w/ [break]
    BEST FRIENDS FOREVER & [break]
    FADE INTO YOU & [break]
    THE END — w/ [break]
    WORK STUDY — w/ [break]
    UNKNOWN EXCHANGE — w/ [break]
    CRYOGENIC SHOCK — w/

• any notes/comments: SORRY FOR ALL THE LINKS! anyway, i am VERY excited for this new arc for jayden and rocket as a whole. as always, thank you HOENN for being a wonderful community of writers to storytell with. literally couldn't do this without you. :HEART: additionally, anyone else pls let me know if any of these particular plot-points strike narratively with you or your character(s), and i would love to loop you in!

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK V
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 2:05:54 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

NON-CANON AVATAR[break]AC TEMPLATE

APRIL 2023 NON-CANON AVATAR ACTIVITY CHECK

[break]

4 ic posts for avatar character:

summarize how you've utilized[break]the legendary/avatarship for collaborative narrative:

• 1. ZEKROM[break]
    As the site plot progresses, I've always worked to weave in and advance the story of and ZEKROM wherever possible. The details of said stories have been outlined in both ZEKROM PLOTTER and REMIEL PLOTTER. I've made some advancements in threads such as EX-DIM PLASMA, where and endeavor to get to the bottom of Zekrom's strange condition (aka his status as a Shiny Pokémon). In various threads, the more recent one being POSTDORMITUM: ROON, I've included an appearance from ZEKROM and displayed Remiel's AVATAR ABILITIES as a means of providing narrative opportunities with S.P.E.C.T.R.A. and beyond.[break][break]

For example, threads such as TALK NERDY TO ME utilize Remiel's status as ZEKROM'S AVATAR as a plot point in a larger overarching narrative with others— such as the search for KYUREM. I consistently hope to add to the site's lore and history with others in this manner, while also exploring the relationship between AVATAR and LEGENDARY with characters such as in threads like SUCH IS THE HAND OF FATE and PETRICHOR. Furthermore, ever since departing from TEAM ROCKET, Remiel has explored the concept of an IDEAL world various times and considered what that could mean moving forward.

• any notes/comments: as always, thank you guys for the opportunity to write with you and participate in such an engaging story! i'm excited for what lies ahead and how we're all going to explore that together ♡ my DM's are always open for plot!

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
5,986 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK V
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 2:07:10 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

JOSH DEVLIN'S CANON AC

[break]

• player/ooc name: RaikouRider
  • character tags:

Weekly IC posts for character:

summarize 2+ plots that are in-progress and being threaded:

• 1. Pursuit of Legendary Pokémon Raikou / Fallout[break]
    In the thread Homecoming, Josh had discovered the only Raikou he had ever known died years ago. He wanted answers, badly. In the thread Bury, Josh was on a routine mission to apprehend child terrorist and transfer her to HQ for questioning. The confrontation quickly escalated. He let his blind fury over the loss of Raikou control him, sending him into a berserk state where he did the unthinkable. Despite his other Pokémon's pleas for him to stop, he ordered his Beedrill steed to pounce Eris, triple-sting her, and vibrate his wings at full speed. Unbeknownst to him at the time, if it weren't for the heroics of , he would have been branded a murderer. His Champion Assessment interview with shed further light on his obsession with Raikou getting to the point of being an overbearing emotional weight on him. Even if Raikou were to choose him, was it worth this price?[break][break]

Josh's search for answers took him places good and bad. In the thread Killer Kittens of Mossdeep, Josh visits former Rocket Beast and helps them move. They talk about the Kanto War extensively, and Josh discovers that Team Rocket did not directly order the murder of Raikou. There was also significant uncertainty of whether Raikou died at all. That, as well as his interaction with Councilwoman in the thread Rejection, gave the young Gym Leader hope that he could still fight alongside the Beast of his dreams. A faint glimmer of hope, but hope nonetheless.[break][break]

His encounter with in the thread World So Cold showed him how helpless he truly was. In this ongoing thread, Josh is truly at the mercy of Gavin's powers as Lugia's Avatar, even his super fast, unavoidable attacks being evaded. Even his Zeraora's ability to absorb lightning was suppressed in the legendary bird-dragon's presence. Even if he were to acquire power like that, could he handle it without destroying himself and others around him?[break][break]

With Raikou's fate shrouded in mystery, he shifted his focus away from the legendary Pokémon, which he could not control, and toward what he could control: making things right. In all these conversations, one name kept coming up.[break][break]

.[break][break]

Josh had long revered the Volatile as a mentor figure, introducing the young man to Avatars and what it meant to be an Avatar. He still desired, above all else, to be Raikou's Avatar. The very thought of him being denied the chance when he thought Raikou had perished had changed him for the worse. His conversations with and as part of his Champion Assessment gave him a moment to reflect.[break][break]

Was active pursuit of Raikou truly right? Was his Matias-like gung-ho, scorched-earth attitude toward Team Rocket right? Was truly a diamond in the rough of Rocket? After several interactions with former and current Rockets, highlighted in Not So Black and White featuring , Blazing Glory featuring , and Standing Here, I Realize, featuring , he was realizing that Matias was wrong and the others were right.[break][break]

Josh had begun to differentiate between Rocket the people and Rocket the organization. It was not the people that were at fault; a hypothetical carpet-bombing of Rocket would sentence thousands of people to death whose malfeasance was only predicated by orders of the higher-up Rockets who truly deserved a death sentence in the League's eyes. Matias' use of a Shadow Pokémon in the thread No Yodeling Allowed opened his eyes to just how extreme the Volatile's prejudice toward Rocket was. His reflection and introspection are being explored in the threads The Truth Hurts, featuring , Heart to Heart, featuring I Miss My Gym, featuring , and Making Peace, featuring .[break][break]

Their friendship was in danger of collapse.[break][break]

Ultimately, these revelations showed Josh that his obsession with Raikou would destroy him if it continued to grow. If he was truly worthy of Raikou, Raikou would come to him. He wasn't going to stop his pursuit, but he had a different number one priority, one thing he desired above all else. That was meeting up with again, profusely apologizing for what he did to her that day, and most importantly:[break][break]

Make things right between them.

• 2. Absolite Recovery / PAAA Fallout[break]
    While a small plot, this remains an important one, as recovering his Absolite is one of his high priorities. Lacking the power of MEGA EVOLUTION leaves Josh vulnerable in high stakes battles. In the thread Twilight's Call, Act 2, Josh delved into a damp sea cave leading to a derelict, underground waterway, with and helping him fight the dangerous Pokémon within.[break][break]

Within, Josh discovered a cache of inert Mega Stones. Though they were not the source of the Absolite energy signature, he located an inert Absolite and took it with him anyway, as it would be a perfect vessel for the INFINITY ENERGY. Deeper they went, until they discovered the source of the waterway's pollution: a gigantic Overqwil serving as the guardian of an enormous hunk of Absolite ore that charged the vessel into a true Mega Stone. As part of Mega Evolving his Absol, Josh came to the discovery that the Illumina Phenomenon and Mega Evolution are incompatible with one another; if an Illumina Pokémon is induced to Mega Evolve, it ceases being Illumina. With the restored power of his Absol's Mega Evolution, Josh will fight a bitter battle against the Overqwil and dozens of Hisuian Qwilfish protecting it.[break][break]

A big thank you to , , , and for making this plot what it blossomed into!

• 3. Ranger Duties[break]
    Josh still had contract work as an Elite Ranger to do. His role as Mauville's second-in-command under Ranger-Captain was to oversee rescue operstions and help train new recruits to Mauville and other cities as needed. He is currently training in the thread Commitment, Act 1.[break][break]

Part of Josh's restitution for the attempted murder of includes the following, which he plans to share details of with higher-up Rangers in the thread Rangers Rising 2:[break][break]

a) Josh is indefinitely ineligible to be promoted to other League Canon positions, including Head Ranger. This can be waived as needed, but ICly the expectation is that he will never serve in any of those roles.[break][break]

b) Josh's Ranger pay is suspended for six months in the form of a fine.[break][break]

c) Josh must serve 4,000 hours of community service, represented in part by the completion of ten Ranger mission threads. These threads include No Yodeling Allowed, featuring , and Boulder Canyon Extrication, featuring .

• 4. Gym Leader Duties / Pokémon Racing Federation[break]
    The fallout has drastically affected the way Josh has handled his Gym. Part of Josh's restitution is that until September of 2023, Josh is not able to set foot on his Gym's grounds, other than due to a "qualifying exigency" that mandates his presence there. In this Exhibit post, Josh named NPC SHAWN RICHARDS Interim Gym Leader, and he will be taking over Josh's responsibilities while the Leader proper is barred from his Gym.[break][break]

OOCly, this changes nothing about how the Gym will be operated, other than that challengers will either be battling or racing Shawn, using Josh's Pokémon, instead of the Leader himself. For those who want to battle Josh directly, doing so as a [Past] thread set prior to March is an option.[break][break]

Josh has also turned his Gym into a Pokémon riding and racing academy, giving a job there in the thread Seeking a Job, and putting her through new hire training in the thread Racing Training. Not all was well, though; his Gym came under attack in the thread Rage, when heard about the Gym Leader's attack on through back channels. Dorian murdered two students from Josh's latest class, managed by Interim Gym Leader SHAWN RICHARDS. He also threatened to murder Elise and the Interim Gym Leader if Josh didn't show himself. Deciding this counted as a "qualifying exigency", Josh set foot on the forbidden grounds to do battle with .[break][break]

Challenges completed and ongoing between now and the previous Activity Check at the end of January include:[break][break]

Going Fast Makes Me Feel Alive, feat. , where Josh takes a humbling DNF from using a Pokémon he wasn't quite used to yet.[break][break]

Fast and Furious, feat. , where Kee squeaks out a win after barely holding on against the Gym's signature move, the Z-MOVE: HYPERSONIC PLASMA CHARGE.[break][break]

Oskoreia, feat. , a race between friends and fellow Manectric lovers.[break][break]

Here I Go Again On My Own, feat. . A thread where Isaac at last gets to battle his friend and former enemy on fair terms. The two have a battle that was so close it came down to instant replay which could have gone either way. Ultimately, Isaac was awarded the QUICK BADGE.[break][break]

Showing Off feat. . Aaron completely overwhelmed the Leader with a mono-Ghost Trick Room team that completely blanked priority moves, the primary way he had to combat the speed-reversing move he had worked so hard with to formulate a strategy for.[break][break]

The Beginning of the End, feat. , where Josh arranges for a diversion to cut the battle recording and teleport the challenger to a distant location for a very special Gym Challenge involving legendary Pokémon. Much deceit is taking place behind the scenes to make this Gym Challenge possible.[break][break]

The Pokémon Racing Federation is still running strong, the season opener taking place at Fortree City Gym in the thread SILPH CUP 2023 AT FORTREE GYM. I have also made many references to the growing Pokémon racing league peppered throughout the many duo wilds and Gym-related missions I have participated in. While I do not have another mass race planned for this year (I'm running a different kind of event after Goodbye, Galar), it is very much present throughout Hoenn.

• 5. Road to Champion Rank / Josh's Restitution[break]
    With Johto's Raikou being likely dead, Josh shifted his focus to what he perceived the Beast would want him to do: be the strongest warrior he could be for the League. Having completed the Gym Challenge, there was only one path left for him to take:[break][break]

Become a Champion.[break][break]

In the thread Interview - Josh Devlin, Josh interviewed with Elite Four for the privilege of taking the Elite Test. Though Callan easily saw the potential of a Champion in Josh, he also saw some glaring flaws that needed to be addressed. He saw Josh's emotional instability, the hastiness of his logic, and his morals blinding his judgment toward those in opposition of the League. In Callan's eyes, it is the duty of a Champion to protect all people of the region, even those who seek to undermine or destroy the region.[break][break]

Not understanding how and could have two conflicting opinions about him, Josh went to to discuss the two interviews in the thread Rejection. After a close examination of his character based on the reports, Josh admitted to the attempted murder of , citing that it was the biggest mistake he had ever made in his life. In that moment, he had lost sight of why he did what he did. He also admitted that one of his greatest fears is letting his anger control him. That day, he vowed to make right the egregious wrongs he committed. One day, he wanted to meet face-to-face and apologize to her. Even if she was part of a terrorist organization. No one deserved what Josh did to her.[break][break]

After taking the time to interact with some of Mauville's, and Hoenn's as a whole, less fortunate citizens trapped within Rocket by circumstance and not a true desire to overthrow the League, he at last realized what his problem was and where to direct his zeal. He had realized the difference between Rocket the people and Rocket the organization. It was the organization that needed to be targeted, not the people. Sure, he could probably safely target higher-ups, but due process was important, too. Thousands of innocent people did not deserved to be crushed under the roof of an organization held up by a few bad actors in power.[break][break]

Josh's third interview for the Elite Test, in the thread Weight of the Elite, began with a dramatic demonstration of ordering her Alolan Marowak to burn the printouts of the Gym Leader's interview. After the revelation that former Minor League Gym Leader was with Rocket, one of the first things Josh brought up was his altercation with , and how it taught him the difference between Rocket the people and Rocket the organization. Despite this, he showed his understanding of what a Champion should be, his willingness to pursue his ideals, and his understanding that it is only human for different people to see different flaws in one's character. Ultimately, she chose to accept him for the Elite Test.[break][break]

Josh would be taken to the school of hard knocks for his very first battle with the Elite Four: in the thread The Determined and the Volatile, Act 1, Josh did battle with the war veteran, , in the full-team singles format. He would have a significant handicap, though: Matias would have full knowledge of Josh's team, including known moves, Mega Evolutions, Z-Moves, and Tera Types!

• any notes/comments: I'm sorry if plots haven't progressed as much as you would like them to; I perhaps over-prioritized RENDEZ-VIEW OF LUV and let my other plots rot in the meantime. I've also been focused on duo wilds and missions with new characters to try to vault them into Hoenn's spotlight. In particular, I'm amazed at how much of a ripple effect a single thread can have on so many characters. I want to give a big shoutout to Myriascope for working with me in making the Eris fallout plot significantly advance both of our storylines, as well as those of other members. Thank you for all the plot opportunities, and I look forward to more in the future!

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,661 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK V
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 2:12:09 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

CANON AC TEMPLATE

[break]

1. THE HUNT FOR LEGENDARY POKÉMON[break][break]

Prompted by , Zev has decided to look into the whereabouts of various Legendary Pokémon who roam the region.[break][break]

He has recruited the assistance of , , and in the search for Palkia and Dialga, as well as investigated sightings of new Pokémon in the Wilds with . Moreover, he recruited to spy on and her investigations into Legendary Pokémon.[break][break]

RELEVANT THREADS:[break]
📌 MYSTERIUM MONTIS ft. [break]
📌 SEARCHING THROUGH SPACE-TIME ft. [break]
📌 A TIME AND PLACE ft. [break]
📌 BLOOD SEAL ft. [break]
📌 INFILTRATOR ft.

[break][break]

2. CONTINUED DUTIES AS A ROCKET BEAST[break][break]

Zev continues to work alongside in S.P.E.C.T.R.A., scouting recruits for the initiative and discussing plans to confront defectors with Avatar powers. Regarding the recruits, he has identified and as showing potential.[break][break]

Outside of S.P.E.C.T.R.A., Zev has overseen the recruitment missions of several new grunts: , , and . He has also assisted in exacting revenge against his father and investigated Macro Cosmos with .[break][break]

Then there is the matter of . While speaking with , Zev learned about Chu-e's condition as a result of Necrozma's influence. As a result, Zev understands that a rescue of Chu-e is the only option, instead of outright assassination. Together with , Zev has planned a rescue mission to remove Necrozma from Chu-e's body before the League can succeed at it.[break][break]

📌 ELEVENTH HOUR ft. [break]
📌 AMBUSH ft. [break]
📌 NIGHT RAID ft. [break]
📌 NIGHT RIDER ft. [break]
📌 ABDUCTION ft. [break]
📌 SNATCH ft. [break]
📌 NOTHING SO HALF-HEARTED ft. [break]
📌 LET YOU DOWN ft. (and others)[break]
📌 THE MACRO COSMOS MATRIX ft. [break]
📌 THE MISSING INGREDIENT ft. [break]
📌 COUNTDOWN ft. , [break]
📌 EXCISION ft. ,

[break][break]

3. THE TRAGEDY OF TWO BROTHERS[break][break]

Zev and his younger brother entered a fragile truce after the events of Per Aspera Ad Astra, only for that truce to be broken during the events of Postdormitum. This marks a turning point for Zev in his relationship with Caleb.[break][break]

Up until this point, Zev has viewed Caleb as his possession, an object he protects and cares for because it belongs to him. He had traveled to Hoenn to find Caleb after the other's disappearance and even had Caleb's name taken off the hit list of Rocket defectors. When Caleb revealed he'd left Kanto willingly, Zev refused to believe Caleb truly wanted to leave his side. Zev convinced himself that the League had brainwashed Caleb and all he needed to do was destroy them in order to get his brother back.[break][break]

But Caleb crossed a line in BLOOD OF MY BROTHER. For the first time in their lives together, Caleb dealt a serious injury to his brother by stabbing him. Not only were Zev's delusions shattered, but he now sees the attack as a personal betrayal by the person (possession) that wasn't ever supposed to defy him.[break][break]

Zev is entering a dark time that will lead him to seek the destruction of the League for a different reason than before; now that Caleb has revealed his allegiance, Zev wants nothing more than to ruin his life and the lives of those he considers allies. The first order of business is telling that he can put Caleb's name back on the Rocket hit list.[break][break]

📌 BLOOD OF MY BROTHER ft. [break]
📌 REVOCATION ft. [break]
📌 OH BROTHER MINE ft.

any notes/comments: I hope this is enough! RONDEZ-VIEW OF LUV and POSTDORMITUM occupied a lot of my time and attention these past few months so I don't feel like I've been able to progress Zev's plots as much as I wanted. As always, I am so happy to be here in a canon position. Thank you for your trust in me!
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK V
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 2:31:38 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

CANON AC TEMPLATE

[break]

• 1. POSTDORMITUM - GUIDANCE[break]
    I took on a lot of threads with new Rockets to help them through the event! TRIPLE TALES with pits Kouji's enthusiastic aggression against Gavin's rigid view of power structure, and I'm excited to see how the two interact in the future! CAT NAP with puts her on Gavin's radar for less than ideal reasons, but also shows how protective he can be of the grunts even when they mess up. makes a better impression on him in STANDING GROUND, where their synergy in a battle against the League impresses the underboss. I also did threads with Rockets that aren't new, but also aren't canons: MYRIAD REFLECTIONS with explores the aftermath of killing Ash's father in LET YOU DOWN, and serves as a grim reminder of how easy it can be to justify murder in Rocket. In contrast, struggles in coming to terms with Rocket's brutality in both Let You Down and in his Postdormitum thread with Gavin, RESUPPLY.

• 2. CAPTURE + AFTERMATH[break]
    Gavin pushed himself to the limits in Rocket's name during Postdormitum, and HOSTAGE is the consequence of exceeding those limits. Captured by before comes to his rescue, Gavin is forced to confront the reality that he isn't as untouchable as he likes to imagine. He also decided once and for all that his loyalty to Rocket was worth more than his life, which was a hugely defining character moment for a character built entirely around the concept of doing whatever it takes to survive. In RESCUE, REVOCATION, FEED THE MACHINE, and JUGULAR, I've already started exploring how Gavin is warring with feelings of inadequacy and failure, things he's not accustomed to feeling of late.

• 3. BETRAYAL[break]
    After betrays Rocket, Gavin takes that personally. He immediately reports to Walsh in WHO ARE YOU, REALLY? and the aftershocks of however this thread goes down will likely affect Gavin for a long time to come. This is still very much a fledgling arc, but I put it here as a bonus because it's so important to Gavin personally.

if an avatar, summarize how you've utilized[break]the legendary/avatarship for collaborative narrative:

• 1. LEGENDARY[break]
    I use Lugia in like 90% of my threads, unapologetically. Generally I like to paint Gavin as the villain in the narratives of others, and Lugia being a shadowed legendary definitely helps with that feeling of not-so-subtle menace. RaikouRider wanted to experience feelings of powerlessness, so we used Lugia to explore that in WORLD SO COLD. Using Gavin's Avatar power in BLOODFLOOD, he turned 's poor Simisear against her and gave her a lot of mental trauma. That's what Gavin is here for: to showcase the awful lengths Rocket are willing to go to, and to provide free trauma to anyone that wants it!

• any notes/comments: Usually I don't feel like I've done enough but I feel pretty good about this one, chief.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK V
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 2:56:23 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

[break]

summarize how you've utilized[break]the legendary/avatarship for collaborative narrative:

• 1. NECROZMA[break]
    OOC I decided to give up his Avatarship but IC he still has it for a bit! His main plot with Necrozma right now is working with League officials like and to help untangle Necrozma's Infinity Energy from his body.
    While Chu-e does not consider himself a Rocket any longer, his bond with has seen him set actions into motion the will move his Avatarship onto a more interesting conclusion. I don't know if Chu-e will fill out another Avatar Check next time it comes around, but I just wanted to thank everyone who has been a part of this plot with me for the last few years! I've had a lot of fun! <3

• any notes/comments: I know Chu-e is exempt but I wanted to fill it out with him for fun! <3

close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
long black tulips, born in your blue tints. lemongrass eyelids, smoke in your slick lips.
awards
966 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK V
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 3:06:38 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

CANON AC TEMPLATE

[break]

• 1. POSTDORM FEVER[break]
    where the events at mount pyre during the impending impact of meteno saw fern as no more than non-admin, inexperienced fighter who was ill-equipped to handle many of the stressors through his way (despite his consistent mouthiness,) the day spanning postdorm brought to light a more mentally prepared (and a bit more feral) side of the admin. while most affairs began smoothly and relatively tamely as he prepped and transported decoy seals with (cheese in the trap), fern was quick to devolve into a more (though still sort of poorly equipped) resilient combatant, who was unafraid to cut down the pokemon of others. both for the sake of "retribution" directed at (clash: fmoc), and simply because he could against before fleeing (bulwark), despite the loss of his own froslass (something that was treated with unexpected flippancy.)[break][break]

later culminating in a toe to toe stand off with 's unconscious, interdream zone manifestations (superposition), fern later went into a face off with having a big head and a lot of lip to give to elite four member (crying shame). granted the tension between them had been a pre-existing thing - amplified by a 'pilfered' frigibax and ridiculous otome routes, this did little to deter fern from pushing limits he should have better left alone. despite the physical duress and the eventual shedding of his mask so that matias would know exactly who was playing thorn in his side, this altercation ultimately did well to prove the lengths fern will go to and how much he'll endure in order to have the last word. as a result of this event, i look forward to seeing fern's progression particularly as a nettle, a wrinkle, instigator, provoker, and shit stirrer in league endeavors. (for the benefit of rocket, yes, but also because it's personally gratifying.)

• 2. BORDER DOUBTS[break]
    though initially intrigued by the other wordly rifts that have opened up throughout the region (with particular interest to the border and it's geographical connection to the primal shard he collected during paaa,) fern has begun to exhibit doubt and wariness whenever visiting or traversing these realms. Once again, with noted specificity toward the border. After multiple expeditions with , , and (fjml #1 + fjml #2), as well as a independent trips with (wolves without teeth) and (hyperpop), the resonating emotion he's been left with is that of fear.[break][break]

not usually one to ignore his intuition toward flight in (most) fight vs. flight, scenarios or the ominous sense he felt at mt. pyre months ago, it's fair to say that he's become less inclined toward messing with any malevolent forces that dominate the border and its contents, no matter how covetous. Retroactively, I hope to explore and potentially worsen his fears and doubts in connection to the unintentional creation of the lesser megolopolis rift at the sky pillar due to the unexpected detonation of the unstable primal shard. then from their, the self-imposed obligation he feels to understand the area he assisted in opening, despite the spontaneity and his increasing doubts about trifling where they likely shouldn't. i'm also curious to see how the reservation with this plot point clashes with the headstrong defiance of the former plot point, and the eventually likelihood of fern questioning the depth of his own loyalty to rocket versus sole loyalty to self and self-interests (which prior to his affiliation with the organization had always, always come first.)

• 3. MENTORSHIP[break]
    not necessarily a plot per se, but more the intention going forward to involve fern more with seeking out rocket members who are more interested in the deceptive aspects that fall under his purview as overseer of forgery and counterfeit. already working on escorting under his wing in the art of document forging in gloom boys, expect interaction with working to delegate aspects of the expansive smuggling network formerly overseen by underboss del mar. fern will also be actively evaluating during the SPECTRA trials to see who might be of use in more covert, intel, and deceptive roles as opposed to brute force fighting. (oocly, i'm also looking to hoist him into the light as far as more expanded rocket interaction goes!!)

• any notes/comments: so liiiiiiiikke, i can't even remember the last three months, /hold music pls. jk, it's been an up and down feb-april for me, but i've landed on my feet i think!! if things seem sparse, hopefully this should change now that the summer semester is up!

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK V
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 4:23:28 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

CANON AC TEMPLATE

[break]

• 1. E4 DUTIES/INTERVIEWS[break]
    Since the last AC check I have been gradually adjusting to the new E4 challenges that we've implemented and checking if it has worked. The E4 challenges, particularly the interviews, have been a fantastic source of RP that I have seen made excellent developments, particularly in 's character, who has taken the interviews and has springboarded a subset of plot based threads and introspection that has become a driving motivator. [break][break]

Callan has interviewed two characters, and , as well as (though given her E4 status, she had passed automatically). In addition, he is currently undergoing a battle with which is currently in the midst of completion.[break][break]

I think going forward, it would be nice to have this idea be discussed during an AQUA Assembly or perhaps in a personal thread, as to what conditions or thresholds that the commissioner, the council or the champion would want. Some standardization with leeway for personal interpretation for each E4 member in a champion interview I feel is best.

• 2. VICTORY ROAD[break]
    Since last AC, Callan has won two E4 battles and is planning on continuing with his third in the coming months.

• 3. PERSONAL DEVELOPMENTS[break]
    Many of Callan's personal developments were done either out of character or within other threads. Several items include: [break][break]

- The breakup with , and the guilt he is going to feel as he now realizes she's been kidnapped by Team Rocket, which will be explored here (link) with and in future threads. [break][break]

- Accepting the divorce and move of his wife and children (Link) which was revealed in an otome route with . [break][break]

- Slowly experiencing more and more as to what warfare entails with the various threads in Post-Dormitum. [break][break]

In general, whereas last year Callan had been on a massive uptrend, this first half of the year represents significant difficulties with Callan adjusting to his responsibilities and fallout from his fame. And his acceptance of his new identity over the trauma from his past. He has learned to derive purpose from being a trainer others look up to, which has help with his feelings of regret over his past, and brought new problems to the fold.[break][break]

In particular, his expectations, the shifts in his morality as conflicts between League and Rocket intensify. Fully being able to see the many flaws in his League associates has also impacted how he views the governmental organization as a whole.

if an avatar, summarize how you've utilized[break]the legendary/avatarship for collaborative narrative:

• 1. LEGENDARY[break]
    N/A

• any notes/comments: I had slight burnout from Otome, though I've kept up with my overall activity and have been active with E4 duties. I've maintained posting activity throughout all of March and April, with some slight dips during February when I was adjusting to my job promotions and eye surgery.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK V
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 13:24:11 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

CANON AC TEMPLATE

[break]

• player/ooc name: aero-chan
  • character tags:

• 1. REVELATION[break]

kyle has always been unsure of himself as the title holder of top champion, with some threads such as trauma center showcasing the defeatist in him.
    [break][break]
    insecurities eventually form forced mediocrity, such as when he steps down as the minor's league director among other things. certain pep talk such as a match with andrea and an untimely meeting with a childhood friend in revision of the mean bring back some trust to himself.
    [break][break]
    development to be the champion everyone expected him to be comes into fruition by helping his friends at their lowest, such as to be so lonely and keep yourself safe.
    [break][break]
    as he works himself back up, kyle involves himself more in an attempt to become the change everyone wants for their league representative.

• 2. CONQUEST[break]

kyle works on knowing the truth of the world, whether because of sheer curiosity or just because it will make his job easier in the long run.
    [break][break]
    his various personal project in doghouse taps in his inner curiosity with the sci-fi-esque megalopolan tech, project: beast killer. with manuals being found all over the rift, more mundane studying will be done.
    [break][break]
    in addition to the laws of natures he's poked mentioned on the previous activity check, kyle continues to provoke time-space phenomena happening all over the region, such as in ghostbusters where he attempts to break in back to the cloud, and anywhere door where they try to reach sea!hoenn for fun.
    [break][break]
    the rifts are his next subject of interest, which was made easy with his solgaleo and his sygna suit. since his first expedition, he's already been documenting every point of interest at the borders. after conquering everything it has to offer, he moves to his next destination: the mechanical kingdom.

• 1. BIRTHRIGHT[break]

kyle is one of the avatars in the site that barely uses his avatar powers, let alone his patron legendary. as stakes get higher, kyle will slowly learn that using it liberally as much as the other avatars is the way to go.
    [break][break]
    he lives up to his title as the emergent, as most of the times his abilities are used they act as the deus ex machina of the thread. when something irreversible (i.e. death) wants to be experienced and then reversed with little repercussion, powers granted by ho-oh become a good plot device for a story.
    [break][break]
    as an avatar of ho-oh, it is the indirect usage that gives me fuel for internal monologues. is he different from the other avatars? is ho-oh really afk or just waiting for kyle's dependency? is he waiting for certain conditions to fully help? it's the unique circumstance of being granted avatarship that helps build kyle's independence as a hero of his own.

• any notes/comments:

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Verdanturf Ranger Captain
Single and Ready to Mingle
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,591 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK V
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 13:24:55 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

CANON AC TEMPLATE

[break]

• 1. Avatar Counseling.[break]
    It is no secret that the safety and stability of Hoenn relies on the League's strength to stand against Team Rocket and all other threats. [break][break]

So when Elinor hears that one of the AQUA avatars, her very own cousin isn't on speaking terms with their patron. She quite forcefully sets out to fix their little "issue" as seen in the thread chain Hindsight -> Vibe Checking [break][break]

This leads into them starting to pursue rumours of Moltres at Mt Chimney as seen in SEARCHING and HALLUCINATIONS where they hope to find traces of Moltres's soul after finding nothing at the Volcano.

• 2. Work never ends, huh?[break]
    The Strength of the League isn't the only thing faltering. Elinor finds on the wrong side of the law, As seen in REJECTION where he, during a meeting about his Elite Four Interview, admits to having attacked . [break][break]

Elinor assures him that she will do what she can to lessen the punishment because of their friendship, but this is later revealed in CONSCIENCE to be untrue, or at least Elinor claims it to be so.

• 3. Postdormitum[break]
    A lot of Elinor's April has been used partaking in the Postdormitum where she relentlessly hunted Rockets as seen in CONFLICT where she alongside fights and . [break][break]

She also protected strategic League postions as seen in Protect the comm-site where she is tricked by . [break][break]

And last but not least, playing the big bad evil trigger-happy League-Councilor in The Death that I deservioli where she stumbles upon , which quickly turns into a no holds barred fight, before Isaac manages to desescalate the whole thing. [break][break]

The conclusion to her Postdormitum story follows almost right after in THE LAST CLASH, as she stumbles upon who quickly defeats the tired and aggravated Elinor after he kills the very same Eelektrik Elinor used to acquire the badge of the former Gym Leader.

• 1. LEGENDARY[break]
    No Legendaries here. But as mentioned above, I've been trying to incorporate the natural relationship between the bird-trio to lay foundation for Elinor's search.

• any notes/comments:

[attr="class","milkyac"]

• 2. Curiosity?[break]
    Like many others the Wild rifts weigh heavily upon the minds. As such Johanna has been diving deep not only in the border but also the Ultra Deep Sea to prepare herself and the League for what might be found within them as seen in ULTRA DEEP SEA: NEJ where she, and heads into the caverns of the dangerous Ultra Deep Sea.

• 2. Found Family[break]
    A more personal plot point that has been returned to now that the Postdormitum craze is over. Is Johanna stumbling upon another member of the Joy Family, @arashi in YE CANNAE BE SERIOUS! where the young man visits JOYLAND in hopes of finding the rumoured JOY of Joyland.

• 1. LEGENDARY[break]
    No comments, but hey, if any of you guys have leads on Regigigas or a way to make Hoopa chill enough to come play at the theme park, that'd be much appreciated.

• any notes/comments: As always I would just like to acknowledge and 's continued efforts in running the best POKÉMON COLLABORATIVE WRITING SITE on the internet.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK V
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 13:53:45 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

[break]

• 1. LATIOS[break]
    flashes my get out of jail free card.

• any notes/comments: baby's first avatar activity check. i'm excited to start plotting and collaborating with you all. feel free to hit up my dms whenever, they're always open! <3

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK V
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 13:53:46 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

[break]

• 1. KYOGRE[break]
    a. The Corrupted Orb.[break]

When Skyler was first granted avatarship, Kyogre sent a single message into her mind: Free Me. In the aftermath of her journey into Sea Hoenn in AAPT2, she took that to mean being able to revert Kyogre back to its Primal Form. A visit to 's labs, however, revealed that the Blue Orb, which had been used to awaken Kyogre, was corrupted. [break]

Skyler suspects that has something to do with it, having given her the last orb shard in exchange for seemingly nothing. But so far she's found no answers. She seeks to understand this corruption and eventually purge it. Recently, this corruption has made some of Kyogre's powers go haywire and threaten those in the vicinity, as seen here. Not to speak of the consequences of her attempting Primal Reversion with an 'incomplete' orb.[break]

Skyler has no idea Rocket is in possession of a Blue Orb shard and I am very excited to explore that narrative opportunity. :yugis:[break][break]

b. Monstrous Monsters.[break]
    It's been an absolute joy, and some of my favorite moments in Hoenn, to explore Skyler and Kyogre's connection. I've strived to paint Kyogre as the kind of ancient, primal entity devoid of human intellect and emotion. Unlike most Psychic and mind-related avatarships, Kyogre doesn't care for Skyler in a personal sense other than being an extension of its own existence. This, of course, has consequences when it is called forth to battle. [break]
    In a recent thread, I was able to explore Kyogre's disregard for anything in the path of its wanton destruction - Skyler included. 'The ocean isn't kind, it cares not for human life. Why should its legendary be otherwise? (...) Skyler has always loved it regardless.'
    [break]
    This has sometimes been a cause of contention between Skyler and her husband, , who openly dislikes the legendary. It's unknown the lengths she'd go to in order to fulfill Kyogre's desires and how that will impact her relationships with others - but we'll definitely find out.
    [break][break]
    c. Aqua Talks.
    [break]
    Skyler's neutral status in the conflict between League and Rocket has been all but destroyed. She's fully League-leaning, and will be as long as Rocket allies itself with Megalopolans. In the recent conflict (Post-Dormitum) she's aligned herself with the League against Rocket, fighting against and and many others. Beyond that, she's in talks with about becoming more pro-active in the defense of Hoenn.
    [break][break]
    d. Primal Awakening and Healing.[break]
    Kyogre's influence on Skyler has been a slow burn in the last months, maybe the last year. It has exacerbated certain personality traits that would've otherwise not stood out as much: she slips into aggression much more easily and is forward in pleasure-seeking endeavors. Being able to heal has heightened her already reckless nature, sometimes to a foolish point. Skyler also finds herself spending the majority of her time on the ocean. She seldom travels inland.
    [break][break]
    e. Slumbering Deities.[break]
    Recently has reached out to Skyler for help. According to the Head Ranger, Articuno ensconced itself in Shoal Cave and the avatar is concerned. Skyler offered to have Kyogre blow up Shoal Cave - and also actually help in the attempt to figure out what is happening. One legendary to another.

• any notes/comments: i look forward to exploring these plots and many others in the coming months! as always, my dms are open for plotting shenanigans <3