[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]CANON ACTIVITY CHECK

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

INSTRUCTIONS
ENDS DECEMBER 23RD, 11:59PM PST

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r3b4biAvZx1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]

CANON AC INTRO

HELLO, EVERYONE! It is time for an activity check for canon characters.[break][break]

WHY A CANON AC? As we move forward with the site narrative, the canon activity check is important in order to ensure that canon characters are being utilized in a way that we would like to see on the site. We have an active and large member base, so maintaining strict standards for canon positions are important to us.[break][break]

Canon characters, when utilized well on a roleplaying site, have the potential to help new or non-canon characters develop their narratives in meaningful ways.[break][break]

Furthermore, this AC provides an opportunity to help encourage, strengthen and uphold effective storytelling skills on the part of our players.[break][break]

The AC also provides players of non-canon characters with the reassurance that even if a character is not a canon, they are essential figures in the overarching story of Hoenn. Everyone and anyone can be an influential part of another's story and/or the wider narrative Hoenn presents.

NOTE: Canon activity checks are implemented to emphasize that LEGENDARIES, AVATARS, & CANON POSITIONS should not be sought after as an END GOAL. Rather, they are SUPPLEMENTAL DEVICES IN SERVICE OF NARRATIVE and must be used responsibly.[break][break]

There must be a story that continues after the aforementioned have been acquired. Historic misuse or underutilization of narrative tools of any kind is noted. [break][break]

The writing community here can provide ample resources and advice for those struggling with use of narrative tools such as legendaries, canon positions, event rewards, and even the regular Pokemon caught in a wild thread.

IMPORTANT:

Players who own these canon characters must also be good community members, able to avoid inflexible plotting, gatekeeping, and able to respect and exercise healthy boundaries of others, of their own, and of their characters. In this collaborative setting, being able to trust in the storytelling process and other storytellers is pivotal.[break][break]

Lastly, your health is more important than fictional titles and pixels on a roleplaying site. If you must step down from the canon position for better balance in your life, that is encouraged for your wellbeing. Should you wish to return to a canon position, after a steady period of activity, the character can possibly return to their original seat.

CANON AC REQ.

THE CANON ACTIVITY CHECK has the following requirements.[break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • 4 linked ic-posts in November-December from every canon character you own.
  • each post should be from a separate weeks or spaced out.
  • posts should not be from the same 1 or 2 threads.
  • solo wilds, safari threads, swarm threads, or anything similar will not count.
  • the progress and momentum of the thread will be considered.

REMOVAL: If I have seen that there have been little to no plots progressed or that the explanations are not satisfactory, the canon position or avatarship will be removed from the character.[break][break]

Feel free to continue keeping your characters involved in their respective organizations in a similar manner, but they will no longer be official canons or in their previous seats.

NEW POSITIONS may be created (e.g. new Underboss positions, new Council positions, etc.) should a character narratively fit those positions.[break][break]

GYM LEADERS can grant a BADGE to a character they have threaded with and they feel is deserving of the badge's requirements. This is not a mandatory action and can be ignored.[break][break]

Please remember, non-canon characters can have similar impacts as canon characters. Canons are not the end all be all.[break][break]

PLEASE LET US KNOW if you have any questions and concerns as you read the guidelines below. Remember, "plots" do not need to mean elaborate narratives. For example, a gym leader continuing their work conducting gym battles can suffice.[break][break]

Ensure that you INCLUDE NON-CANON CHARACTER INTERACTION/INVOLVEMENT in your summaries.

• must summarize 2 "plots" of any kind that are in-progress and the threading / posts that have already been put into it (within the ac period).
  • if the character is an avatar, summarize how the character has utilized their legendary/avatarship for collaborative narratives. further details are provided below.

HELPFUL TIPS: Describe how your character, their avatarship and their legendary, have been used to help create a collaborative narrative on site.[break][break]

Guiding questions to ask are: how has your character embodied the values of their legendary? How have they shown weakness versus strength to provide nuanced depictions of power dynamics? How has the legendary/avatarship been used as narrative tools to help push the stories of characters (non-canons and canons alike)?

DEADLINE

This activity check will close[break][break]DECEMBER 23RD, 11:59PM PST.

ACTIVITY CHECK TEMPLATE

YOU MAY USE THE TEMPLATE BELOW to write your canon activity check post. Huge thanks to MILKY for providing this cleaned up version of the template.[break][break]

As with most things on the site, the template is OPTIONAL and is not required for use as long as all the needed information is present in your post.[break][break][break][break]

CANON ACTIVITY CHECK

[nospaces][blockquote][attr="class","milkyac"] [h1]CANON AC TEMPLATE[/h1]
[h2]DECEMBER 2023 CANON ACTIVITY CHECK[/h2][break]

[quote][div][attr="class","ynospace"]
[ul type="disc"][li][b]player/ooc name:[/b] player name [/li]
[li][b]character tags:[/b] @TAG[/li][/ul] [/quote]
[div align="center"][b]4 ic posts for canon characters:[/b][/div]
[quote]
[div][attr="class","ynospace"][ul type="disc"]
[li][a href="https://pkmn-hoenn.boards.net"]THREAD[/a][/li]
[li][a href="https://pkmn-hoenn.boards.net"]THREAD[/a][/li][/ul][/quote]

[div align="center"][b]summarize 2 plots that are in-progress and being threaded:[/b][/div]
[quote]
[ul type="disc"][li][b]1. PLOT NAME[/b][break]
Description of plot.[/li][/ul][/quote]

[quote][ul type="disc"][li][b]2. PLOT NAME[/b][break]
Description of plot.[/li][/ul][/quote]

[div align="center"][b]if an avatar, summarize how you've utilized[break]the legendary/avatarship for collaborative narrative:[/b][/div]
[quote]
[ul type="disc"][li][b]1. AVATARSHIP: LEGENDARY[/b][break]
Describe how your character, their avatarship and their legendary, have been used to help create a collaborative narrative on site. Helpful questions to ask are: how has your character embodied the values of their legendary? How have they developed? How have they been used as narrative tools to help push the stories of characters (non-canons and canons alike)? How have they shown weakness versus strength to provide nuanced depictions of power dynamics?[/li][/ul][/quote]

[ul type="disc"][li][b]any notes/comments:[/b] [/li][/ul]
[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 0px 5px; } .milkyac b { font-family:Poppins; } .milkyac a { font-family: Poppins!important; [/newclass]

[break][break][break][break]

NON-CANON AVATAR ACTIVITY CHECK

IF YOUR CHARACTER DOES NOT HAVE A CANON POSITION, but is an AVATAR use the following template below.

[nospaces][blockquote][attr="class","milkyac"] [h1]NON-CANON AVATAR[break]AC TEMPLATE[/h1]
[h2]DECEMBER 2023 NON-CANON AVATAR ACTIVITY CHECK[/h2][break]

[quote][div][attr="class","ynospace"]
[ul type="disc"][li][b]player/ooc name:[/b] player name [/li]
[li][b]character tags:[/b] @TAG[/li][/ul] [/quote]

[div align="center"][b]4 ic posts for avatar character:[/b][/div]
[quote]
[div][attr="class","ynospace"][ul type="disc"]
[li][a href="https://pkmn-hoenn.boards.net"]THREAD[/a][/li][/ul][/quote]

[div align="center"][b]summarize how you've utilized[break]the avatarship for collaborative narrative:[/b][/div]
[quote]
[ul type="disc"][li][b]1. AVATARSHIP: LEGENDARY[/b][break]
Describe how your character, their avatarship and their legendary, have been used to help create a collaborative narrative on site. Guiding questions to ask are: how has your character embodied the values of their legendary? How have they developed due to this bond? How have they shown weakness versus strength to provide nuanced depictions of power dynamics? How has the legendary/avatarship been used as narrative tools to help push the stories of characters (non-canons and canons alike)? It is encouraged to link threads that demonstrate this.[/li][/ul][/quote]

[ul type="disc"][li][b]any notes/comments:[/b] [/li][/ul]
[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 0px 5px; } .milkyac b { font-family:Poppins; } .milkyac a { font-family: Poppins!important; [/newclass]

SPECIAL EXCEPTIONS

EXEMPT CHARACTERS

there are no exemptions this canon activity check.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK VII
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2023 23:38:27 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

NON-CANON AVATAR[break]AC TEMPLATE

DECEMBER 2023 NON-CANON AVATAR ACTIVITY CHECK

[break]

4 ic posts for avatar character:

summarize how you've utilized[break]the avatarship for collaborative narrative:

• LIVING IT UP AS A MAGIC MAN, FT. TAPU LELE THE TERA GOBBLER[break]
    [break][break]
    I still don't know what the hell I'm doing so this is just my stream of consciousness.
    [break][break]
    I would've liked to say that Doug has remained sane and hinged and not at all as crazy as Lele's (apparent) ideals would have one appear to other normal, hinged folk— but he recently started piling up rockets for dosage experimentation (as can well attest) and has been looking at like he were a guinea pig, sooo....
    [break][break]
    Look, the important thing here is that it's for the GREATER GOOD! He's only slightly Lele-unhinged.
    [break][break]
    When he isn't single handedly pushing the field of medicine forward one rocket body at a time, however, Doug is a kindly, good samaritan and totally-not-unlicensed-what-do-you-even-mean-by-that physician.
    [break][break]
    The Resurfaced Treasure were very conducive to solidifying Doug's new role (SURVEY ft. , (SURVEY with ); though he inevitably got into a few unavoidable scraps with the likes of (Vs Cillian RT) and (Vs Zev RT) (Big thanks to both Thorn and Gunsmile for the threads, I look forward to building towers of spite (or grudging respect) between our chars from these foundations ♥), they were also chances to showcase his newfound distaste for being forced to fight instead of serving in the tents. He fought defensively in order to secure the medical supplies and personnel and contented himself with spooking off the literal demigods instead of giving chase.
    [break][break]
    One instance were he very clearly jumped into a battle as opposed to being strictly 'forced into it' was with (Sea: Vs Kouji), of which I'm very happy with the relationship Joker and I decided have built between these two after their angst packed first meeting way back in postdormitum. That said, even this particular fight, though Doug was confrontational, he undertook it because Kouji was a direct danger to league medical personnel and supplies— as well as standing in the way of Doug's medical work. Grit those TEETH.
    [break][break]
    Another instance of a direct, unwanted struggle was his short battle— skirmish, really— with (Sky: Vs Lulu) were after injuring each other's pokemon they both more or less managed to talk each other out of a fight. Doug's a physician who would rather be in a medic bay, and Lulu a scientist who would rather be in a lab— so they pretty much agree to a ceasefire on that particular frontline. Leave it to the intellectuals to brush aside command's orders and just leave to do something else.
    [break][break]
    Anyway, when he wasn't running the ones for the sake of the medical nerds, he played his preferred role of medic and support for most of the event cycle with gusto, whining every step of the way whenever League HQ deployed him in his functions of an AQUA member (SMOG with ) instead of as a medic bay member.
    [break][break]
    I think can get away with claiming Doug's still something of an ambassador for Lele; Cleaning up her image, making her more guardian deity and less force of nature by making Lele's healing abilities hopefully more famous than her apathy 'cruelty's infamous.
    [break][break]
    Going back to , The Eye™️ Plot is advancing well, me thinks. It has intersected well with an plot regarding her health and the league's... handling of her(SECRET ft. Eris and Isaac). This plot is going well, though I need to be faster if I wanna keep up with Wanderer and Myria.
    [break][break]
    The next thing isn't something that's actually concrete but an idea I gotta throw at Shiv soon; It came up in the thread with best girl (Leave) after I finished writing about routine Health checks. I wanna turn Doug into doctor/medical expert of AQUA— Let me put a stethoscope to your tits chest, COWARDS!!!

• any notes/comments: I wanna wish everyone in the forum a merry christmas and thank everyone for continuing to thread and play with me :pepechu:— and I wanna thank , and The baby specially for continuing to do amazing work for 6 years now. Merry Christmas y'all, let's keep getting along in 2024!

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
✨ I'm addicted to shining and glowing
awards
2,666 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK VII
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2023 23:41:28 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

CANON AC TEMPLATE

DECEMBER 2023 CANON ACTIVITY CHECK

[break]

• player/ooc name: kimmy
  • character tags:

4 ic posts for canon characters:

summarize 2 plots that are in-progress and being threaded:

• 1. RESEARCH BASED[break]

Mint's position has opened up a lot of new opportunities for him, as swell as, increased the pressure to perform. It's not secret he understands he's not what typically comes to mind when people picture a Beast. While he has taken efforts to continue sharpening himself as a weapon such as asking to shadow in FORTIFY, he has also expanded on his own activities. [break][break]

Keeping up with the typical defector chasing, face punching, pokemon stealing antics of one of his position, Mint has also branched out into assisting the intel corps. Under the authority of Underbosses , and , as well as in collaboration with Admins and , Mint has been increasingly focusing his remaining time in strengthening their intelligence and stealth operations. By tapping into recruitment of a smarter, recruit he has managed to pull for amazing additions to Rocket. His most successful to date being , who promoted to Admin in record time after their museum meeting. He's now set his sights on more assets for Rocket's research hub with in their own recruitment thread UNEXPECTED ALLIANCES. [break][break]

While he already was a researcher under his membership in SPECTRA, he has been given much more leeway to experiment, and free reign of his research. After the events of DISSEMINATE, Mint has pivoted from full on KYUREM research, to assisting Admin with the search for the Galarian Bird trio under orders of Underboss . Along with this, comes pushing for the collection of the original Bird trio as well, on top of monitoring the SILENT ICELANDS for any changes in energy or the spread of its icy terrain. [break][break]

baptism by fire ft [break]
    freezer burn ft [break]
    20 questions with a god ft [break]
    backs against the ocean ft [break][break]

Finally, the most recent faction v faction event has really given Mint a chance to shine in not just brute strength but also his information gathering. Mint spent a lot of time distracting, stealing, or sabotaging. Whether it was stealing crucial information off the enemy, or harvesting Avatar blood once again for SPECTRA's experiments, Mint found time to balance job duties with morbid curiosity. [break][break]

survey: mint & cillian [break]
    sky: mint vs illeana [break]
    SKY: GENNY, OLLIE, & MINT [break]
    secret: mint vs navy [break][break]

• 2. MORALE BASED[break]

Whether is a weakness he has yet to stamp our, or a strategic move for the Rocket hierarchy, Mint maintains a careful balance between dangerous Rocket Beast and incredibly personable streamer. His recruitment offers rarely get the chance to be aggressive, manipulating whatever stressors are holding down a recruit rather than lifting a finger to hurt them himself. But along with offering new opportunities, or an escape from whatever self-created hell someone's trapped in, Mint is also one of the more openly emotional members of Rocket's upper echelon. The keen eye he relies on missions, also serving him in managing others emotions around him. He offers a friendly face despite the amorality, attempting to persuade rather than intimidate. Much like in his recruitment with where he is attempting to push more for a continuation of their work rather than blackmail their induction. [break][break]

While he didn't start out as a Rocket loyalist, seeking out more so stable work regardless of how moral it was, his friendship with has influenced him greatly. Rocket also coincidentally aligns with a pivotal time in his life where he feels he changed himself for the better. And while naïve, and looking for a quick way to get into work, they snatched him up and kept him off the streets. In his efforts to cultivate the same loyalist attitudes in others, he acts friendly and tries to analyze and tend to people's emotional needs. Despite having few people he considers close friends in Rocket, his chatty demeanor is most often on display for most of Rocket as he tries to create positive associations within the crime group. I think this is most obvious in his recruitments as he tries to keep in contact with those he brings into the fold. And while busier than before, Mint also finds himself checking in to be a sort of regulator if he can be. Always happy to listen when he has the time, and endeavoring to keep morale high. [break][break]

I think his emotional intelligence most clearly reflects in the friendship he has with and , the ruin beasts of Rocket. Mint still tries to offer genuine companionship to the more emotionally volatile avatars. Elisabeth with her overwhelming disdain and distrust in others, and Jayden with his emotional constipation turned jagged emotional actualization. It's this kind of genuine connection that Mint tries to offer some members around him, especially those he spends time with the most. And while part of his motivation with recruit is to decrease defectors, he believes in the coming fights, the more that's at stake the more they will have to rely on the bonds made between each other under Rocket's brand. [break][break]

ruinous recap ft [break]
    unexpected alliances ft [break]
    jack frost ft [break]

if an avatar, summarize how you've utilized[break]the legendary/avatarship for collaborative narrative:

• 1. AVATARSHIP: LEGENDARY[break]
    no avatar/not applicable

• any notes/comments: [break][break]

[break][break][break][break][break][break][break][break][break][break][break][break][break][break][break][break][break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,631 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK VII
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2023 23:43:31 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

CANON AC TEMPLATE

[break]

• 1. THE WEIGHT OF THE WORLD[break]
    freya dives headfirst back into her council duties. after one too many kept secrets, she loses her family. she loses her home. gets a glimpse of her state of being following her break-in in saint bluebell (which is, gods bless ceej, one of my favorite threads i've ever written with someone). she does what she always does when things get hard - she pushes people away.[break][break]

and she makes herself feel useful by fulfilling her duties. she meets with ranger and they bond over dragon taming. after learning more about her, freya offers her the chance to work on project pokemon HOME with the likes of & . a dishelved reaches out to her after the events of BMI and the two decide to follow up on a potential lead on the megalopolans discovered there.[break][break]

on a larger scale, she throws herself back into the battlefield. she holds her own against avatars and and has since shared what she knows of their identities with the league in the golden era. she takes it upon herself to protect the councilman who despises her. after the events of the most recent aqua initiative, freya confided in fernando thus: tapu fini is alive, and it has allied itself with . he responds with a thinly veiled threat to her family, though this does not deter her from protecting him in the thread october. [break][break]

common dynamics pushed in her threads[break]the pressure of responsibilities, faction lines & trust among allies, mentor relationships, sometimes there are no good or bad decisions - sometimes there's just decisions
    [break][break]

relevant threads[break]
    🌙 october with & [break]
    🌙 smog: ffj with & [break]
    🌙 initiation with [break]
    🌙 a meeting that won't dragon with [break]
    🌙 walk your path with [break]
    🌙 a fateful flight with [break]
    🌙 deluge with [break]
    🌙 deicide with and [break]
    🌙 ambition with &

• 2. SUN, I WILL RISE[break]
    "pride and glory are the enemies of true strength...in every warrior’s life there comes a moment where they are overpowered by a superior fighter. but you keep friends nearby. and you ask for help when you need it, magnus, and you won’t just be strong. you’ll be unbeatable."[break]
    official transcript, taz: balance ;)
    [break][break]

pride. avarice. wrath. the sins that fester inside of freya have nearly toppled her in the past, but time and time again she scrapes by; though she has come to the aggrevious realization that she can only get so far by the skin of her teeth. she can't run from herself forever. and after losing some of the people who matter most to her in this world, she realizes she simply can't do it alone any longer. and more startling than that is the realization that she doesn't want to. people like and are the first to break down her walls. the former, again, in saint bluebell and the second in supplies.[break][break]

since saving , she has finally found the means to forgive him so that she might *forgive herself. unfortunately, because of this decision, she loses her best friend and her partner, , but she refuses to give up hope that she might repair those bridges. for the first time in years, she has found joy in her life - she has chosen her joy - and she will do everything in her power to protect those she's come to share it with.[break][break]

in tandem with this new era of self-discovery is freya following threads back to her draconid roots (from threads like drifting with and her dream drop distance thread, daughter). in our thread covenant, and freya will discover that they are cousins - direct descendants of the zinnia line of the draconids whom hailed from sootopolis.[break][break]

*on freya's forgiveness[break]
    she was a victim, first and foremost, but there is nuance to this story. she should not have to forgive herself for the way fernando manipulated and changed her, but this is how she has chosen to cope (at least, for now). and as a reminder pertaining to her misting, i always had input and a hand in that plot; i was an equal voice for the direction it took. remember: spiral works for ME.
    [break][break]

relevant threads[break]
    ☀️ languor with [break]
    ☀️ covenant with [break]
    ☀️ the poison tree with [break]
    ☀️ kettering with [break]
    ☀️ fire and the flood with [break]
    ☀️ less than you think with [break]
    ☀️ drowned with [break]
    ☀️ let sleeping dragons lie with [break]

• any notes/comments[break]
    welcome to freya's RISE arc. i'm so grateful for everyone who's helped me get here and for all of these wonderful thread partners.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK VII
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2023 23:46:18 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

CANON AC TEMPLATE

[break]

4 IC POSTS FOR CANON CHARACTERS:

[break]

SUMMARIZE TWO PLOTS (IN-PROGRESS & BEING THREADED):

[break]

[break][break]

• any notes/comments: :urpretty:

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,000 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK VII
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2023 23:50:17 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar

RAIKOURIDER'S CANON ACTIVITY CHECK

december 2023 canon activity check

player/ooc name: RaikouRider
character tags:
canon position: Mauville Gym Leader

Weekly IC posts for character:

Week of September 3: Ultra Plant: JM with
Week of September 10: Crash Through Testing with
Week of September 17: SHORE: Josh and Cillian with
Week of September 24: SKY: Josh and Howard with
Week of October 1: SEA: Josh and Lulu with
Week of October 8: In the City with
Week of October 15: SEA: Josh and Dwayne with
Week of October 22: Extraction: Josh and Lars #2 with
Week of October 29: SECRET: Josh and Greyson with
Week of November 5: Interview with Speed Demon Gym Leader with
Week of November 12: New Kid on the Block with
Week of November 19: Orchard Oriole with
Week of November 26: Catching Up with
Week of December 3: Seconds to Shoot, Weeks to Heal with
Week of December 10: Data Leak with

1. The Weight of War

The activity period from August to December has come with a significant shift in character for Josh. Ever since he had started focusing on what he can do without Raikou's help, he has grown as an asset to the League. While it is not an explicit responsibility of Gym Leaders, he feels that one of his duties as 's successor of Mauville Gym is to become active in Hoenn's military operations.

The Battle of Dewford Island (RESURFACED TREASURES) was his first real test in the field. The Master of Faster's first series of tasks took him well out of his comfort zone, something that he would need to get used to if he wanted to impress the Elite Four and enough to take the title of Champion when his restitution for the attempted murder of ends in March of 2025. Many of these tasks would involve subterfuge and subtlety rather than barging in and intimidating foes with loud and fast attacks. This mission is chronicled in five threads, listed below:

1) SECRET: Josh and Greyson, where Elite Four leaves Josh largely in charge of a mission to penetrate a Rocket surface operation and steal building plans for an underground complex. The Gym Leader was at first uneasy with being in such a commanding position, but adapted to Greyson's satisfaction.

2) SECRET: Josh and Baki, where Josh and infiltrate a makeshift military depot to recover a stolen blueprint for a top-secret League operation. While they took the quiet approach at first, he knew that once their cover was blown, he could use his strength of speed and intimidation against Rocket. Working together, they recovered the blueprints, taking them back for safekeeping while Josh boarded an enemy convoy to take him to...

3) SURVEY: Josh and Vanilla, the Terastal Cavern that the League was trying to race Rocket into locating. It seemed the only known entrance was deep within Rocket territory. Josh reluctantly took the life of a staunch Rocket to obtain their uniform and infiltrate the cave. He and ultimately gather a lot of information about the cave system, including it being home to paradox Pokémon and to an enormous mining operation, before being forced to leave.

4) SUPPLY: Hideo and Josh, the two Gym Leaders are tasked with destroying a Rocket complex for use in the operation. The two had completely different ideas in mind: while it was an objective to minimize non-military casualties, even a single death was not acceptable to , military or otherwise. The two have an internal clash of ideals while performing the dangerous, time-sensitive operation. The explosion from the C4 charges exposes a chasm to the Terastal Cavern - one the League was unaware of previously.

5) SUPPLY: Xenon and Josh, Josh infiltrates the chasm alone, ready to settle the score with Rocket Executive GRIGORI RYLIXAV. He finds that the executive has been dispatched before he can get there. Instead, he must settle his score with . More importantly, he must disable the mining rig's central control console. After a bitter battle, Xenon is able to stall Josh long enough to prevent him from completing his objectives and securing Rocket a tremendous resource in manufacturing Dynamax Bands and Tera Orbs. Not only does he ultimately fail the mission, but he comes out of it filled with Bullet Seeds and other projectiles that must be surgically removed.

Even outside the battle at Dewford, Josh's assignments have left him blurring the line between Ranger and Law Enforcement. Other similar assignments include Beheeyem at the Barnyard, where he and rescued a large horde of livestock Pokémon being experimented upon by Team Rocket; Murder at Maple Manor, where he helped solve a murder mystery; Trauma, where he and recovered Pokémon and data linked to another Rocket lab; and Shadow Self, where he, , and exfiltrated a League double agent with information that could potentially lead to Zapdos' whereabouts.

Josh is at a major crossroads in his approach to his League duties. He loves being a Ranger and saving lives. It was his first calling, and loves making a difference in the lives of every person he heads into the wilderness to save. After both wars in Dewford (POSTDORMITUM and RESURFACED TREASURES), though, he is finding himself more skilled at taking lives than saving them. This crossroads is being explored in the threads Seconds to Shoot, Weeks to Heal, with , and A Warrior's Visit, featuring . Only time will tell whether he will continue as a Ranger or give up his original passion and become more involved with the Hoennian military.

2. The Ultra Wilds

Josh had continued to explore and research the Ultra Wilds on behalf of . He is in the process of delivering his report in the thread Status Report: The Wilds, which is a summary of the events of all of his Wilds threads.

Josh's fascination with electric Pokémon, most notably the enhanced speed they are capable of reaching in thunderstorms, has driven him to explore the Ultra Plant with , as is showcased in the threads Ultra Plant: JM and Ultra Plant: JM #2. In these threads, Josh discovers a Megalopolan link to Type: Null and the Type: Full recipes he used to synthesize Aleph. While he briefly has second thoughts about whether he wants to continue raising the Type: Null, he ultimately decides that letting the Pokémon loose would be betraying those who gave their lives to create him.

Josh's desire to avenge those who died on the raid on his Gym in April led him to The Border, where he met his old nemesis, , in the thread The Border: JD. The two have a bitter battle that Josh ultimately wins, forcing Dorian to retreat. Even with his victory, a deep, Y-shaped shadow blotted out the sky. Yveltal was preventing the souls of SHAWN RICHARDS and NATHAN MARTINEZ, two of his Gym employees that passed away that say, from making it to the afterlife. He resolved to return to The Border with . With his help, they would attempt to put the souls of the fallen to rest.

3. Ranger Duties

Josh is still taking on many extra duties as the Mauville Rangers' second-in-command. Though many of his jobs have been military-related of late, he has still been taking on Ranger-related tickets and rescuing trainers lost or trapped in Hoenn's wilderness. He has also been passing his skills on to new Rangers. A list of Ranger jobs Josh has completed or are ongoing within the Canon Activity Check period is below.

Untamed with : Josh oversees in a mission to recapture a Scolipede whose two trainers lost control of. This is one of Yuina's first missions, and has springboarded her plot turning into the Elite Ranger she is now.

Castaway with : Josh supervises on a job to rescue a marooned father and son from a wild Pokémon attack.

Devil's Manner with : Josh takes on a solo assignment to investigate Pokémon disappearances. He runs into , whose Bulbasaur had vanished, and the two rescue the missing Pokémon.

Dog Days with : Josh is on patrol when makes him aware of a badly-injured Poochyena that needs to be taken to a Pokémon Center. The two secure transport to Mauville, giving Victor basic riding lessons on the way and planting the seeds of a friendship between them.

Cassandra and the Rose with : Josh answers a distress call with new Ranger , and the two rescue a young teenager and their Charmander from a strong and aggressive Roselia.

Upsurge with : Josh answers a distress call involving a power outage in north Ever Grande during some very cold weather. This thread is ongoing.

2. Gym Leader Duties / Pokémon Racing Federation

With commuting Josh's sentence, Mauville Racing Grounds is back in full swing, the Gym Leader regularly offering riding classes and standard battle challenges. Having completed much of his required community service, he has found himself looking for candidates to recommend to Hoenn's ranks. Scouring 's Minor League program for candidates, Josh has been challenging Minor League Gyms, and even new Major League ones, as they pop up.

After challenging Desiree's gym and obtaining the Psychedelic Badge in the thread Acid Trip, Josh recommended her for promotion in Gym Leader GC. His challenge of 's Gym is still in progress in the thread Steel and Snare.

Josh has also been using his Gym as a connection between the free press and the League, taking on quick interviews with various parties to spread his knowledge of Hoenn's history, the Gym circuit, and what he is doing to make Hoenn a better place. Threads of this nature include Super Quick Flash Interview with , People Big and Small with , and Headline Exclusive: Interview with Speed Demon Gym Leader featuring .

Josh has also expanded his Gym's roster, hiring as a Gym Trainer in the thread Hitting the Gym with . He is assessing Raju's skills and helping him improve both his battle and his racing game in the thread Training Montage. He is also interviewing in the thread New Kid on the Block, as well as in the thread First Step Forward.

Threads where he gives battle and/or riding lessons outside of his Gym Challenges include Going Mega with , where he demonstrates Mega Evolution, and All the King's Men, featuring .

Gym Challenges completed since the last Activity Check period include:

The Quick and the Dead, featuring
Lettuce Soar Into the Clouds, featuring
Make the Dream Work, featuring
Beanbean the Musical Fruit, featuring
Surf & Turf, featuring
Adrenaline, featuring
Horse Race, featuring
Crash Through Testing, featuring

Active Gym Challenges as of the current Activity Check period include:

Turbulence, featuring
Meaning of Strength, featuring
Down on Land, featuring
From Friends to Rivals, featuring
Blazing to the Future, featuring
Taking the First Step, featuring

5. Road to Champion Rank

Josh's road to Champion Rank has made him that being a Champion isn't about proving he is the best at his craft. It is not about attracting the attention or blessing of a legendary Pokémon. It is about showing Hoenn that he has what it takes to be a prime representative of the region and everything it teaches and embodies. It is about being a true leader, one that can adapt to any situation.

In the thread The Determined and the Sentinel, Act 1, Josh and had a brief battle that the Elite Four terminated early when the writing was on the wall. His stern rebuke of Josh, and the Gym Leader's rebuttal, implied that while the Master of Faster was an excellent Gym Leader, there was more to being a Champion than that. He reinforced that though the potential was there, without major change, Josh would never become a Champion. When they would later work together in RESURFACED TREASURES, it would be evident that he at last would listen to Greyson's advice.

In the thread The Signer and the Unwavering, Act 2, Josh and have a grueling, tight battle that has showcased the Gym Leader applying what he has learned from his losses, and more importantly, showing level-headedness in uncomfortable situations. This thread is still ongoing, Josh wielding his mighty Zeraora against a legendary Pokémon foe he had never seen before. This thread is ongoing.

In the thread The Signer and the Sentinel, Act 2, Josh and have their fated rematch. This thread is ongoing.

In the thread The Signer and the Austere, Act 2, Josh would defeat in a close match that would be the performer's last before his retirement. In this match, he shows what he had learned from his first match with the stern trainer, utilizing more than sheer speed and the element of surprise to seize a victory.

Notes/comments:

I feel like I'm one of the old men now, having run Mauville Gym for 15 months. The last four months have made me really step up my game and embrace what collaborative writing is all about. I feel I've done a much better job using my position to highlight and jumpstart others' plots, especially some newer non-canons like . Thank you once again for trusting me with this position.

I feel that Resurfaced Treasures may have been a bit too soon after Postdormitum. Perhaps a PVP event every 9 months or so would have been better spacing to avoid burnout. If not enough MP events is the issue, perhaps some smaller MP events peppered into the schedule would work well without being a full-blown PVP event that can cause the community to burn out on battle.

I want to stress that none of these are complaints; merely observations and suggestions. I'm not a person to complain unless there is a serious issue going on. I look forward to running my next mass race in the spring, and whatever event I decide to cook up for the fall.

Here's to the rest of my second year at Hoenn!

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK VII
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2023 23:54:13 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

CANON AC TEMPLATE

[break]

if an avatar, summarize how you've utilized[break]the legendary/avatarship for collaborative narrative:

• 1. AVATARSHIP: Wo-chien[break]
    "She had to be taught better, yes. She had to know her place. She would need to be reminded who was the master and who was the mastered, here. It would let her suffer, just enough to save her. To show her that she needed its guidance. Her insubordination required punishment.[break][break]

Betrayal was inevitable, it seemed, whether it came from a source human or divine."

[break][break]

Elisabeth's Avatarship is a mirroring of her abusive marriage in Kalos. Wo-chien slithered inside those cracks of trauma in her Avatarship event, puppeteering all her hurt and woundedness with full, uncontested reign. It wants a version of her that is a perfect, readily-available font of GRUDGES to feast upon.[break][break]

But living this way will kill you, much like rot festers and kills all it touches. All Wo-chien's power comes at a cost.[break][break]

I have always wanted to make Elisabeth reckon with this terrifying reality, facing the horror of what Wo-chien has made her become.[break][break]

Elisabeth has not felt true joy since her Avatarship. She has not felt capable of receiving or giving love. She has despaired at the way her mind seems to fray and fall apart, clinging to the reenactment of her past to center herself: she will punish those who have hurt her, so that they can never hurt her again.[break][break]

Wo-chien uses Tapu Fini's interest in to recreate a second 'Édouard Bortiforte' in him. It wants Elisabeth to kill Fernando, because it knows when she does so, it will leave her hollow and empty just like when she killed her husband before him. That mine of resentment will be plentiful to feast upon.[break][break]

But in OCTOBER, Elisabeth gets a glimpse of Wo-chien from the outside. When lures it with the delectable bait of her own resentments, Elisabeth watches it feast on them with horror. Her survival instinct kicks in, and when Wo-chien tries to latch onto her again, she resists its manipulative hold.[break][break]

A typical individual would be powerless without their patron's blessing, but Elisabeth has two patrons. And when Wo-chien steps aside, daring her to exist without its power, it is Tapu Fini who answers her prayer.[break][break]

This next arc, I want Elisabeth to be empowered by her fractured bond with Wo-chien. She is beginning to regain a sense of her own identity, and with it, reclaim emotions she has been denied feeling for the past few months. She is fighting to overcome the outcome of her emotion-driven decisions that have put her in danger, and she will be forced to ultimately call upon Wo-chien in times of need, grappling with the darkness of what gives her power.[break][break]

How well she is able to remain master of herself remains to be seen.

• 2. AVATARSHIP: Tapu Fini[break]
    "Ah. So this was the sort of being that Tapu Fini was.[break][break]

Ochre eyes watched the receding form of the piscine deity, their ominous glow revealing where the Ruinous Beast lurked in the shadows. It did not see a nurturing maternal presence, nor did it see a selfless being protecting her treasured chosen.[break][break]

It saw another selfish god, determined to jealously hoard its possessions by any means necessary. Were they not the same, in that way?[break][break]

Hadn't this Guardian of the Sea brazenly stolen its own methods of manipulation, borrowing puppet strings for its own conniving ends?[break][break]

For was not Édouard Bortiforte, no more than was Elysia Amavi."
    [break][break]

Elisabeth views Tapu Fini as a more maternal deity than Wo-chien. She is a being of Nature, but that does not make her a kind entity. She has her own designs; the title of the Vindictive is not given by her without reason.[break][break]

When Tapu Fini defends Elisabeth against and , even going so far as turning the former against the latter, Elisabeth is confused and horrified by the way that Fernando fights for her. She tells herself that Fini's power has never lasted long, but she knows too that her use of it has never proven as effective as it is here. Her guilt at having become the thing she always accused Fernando of being is something she struggles to make sense of, so ultimately, she doesn't.[break][break]

It doesn't occur to her that Fini has its reasons for altering Fernando in such a way. She remains unaware of how this deity is puppeteering her, because it is so subtle a manipulation compared to the blunt hammer of Wo-chien's demands.[break][break]

Tapu Fini complicates Elisabeth's life in other ways. The League views her now as a dual threat and a high priority for neutralization. Rocket now sees her as a unique asset for overcoming the League in insidious ways.[break][break]

And somewhere, Tapu Fini's former Avatar is contemplating the cost of answering that patron's siren call, and whether it is too high to pay.[break][break]

• any notes/comments: This arc is a turning point that was earned over so many threads with so many people. Thank you to and for trusting me with both the story of Wo-chien and Tapu Fini for a little while, and thank you to Crow for all the love and dedication you gave to our threads building up to and including October. I'm so incredibly proud of what we wrote together. All my love to Dove for always giving Elisabeth's stories such emotional weight, to Noodles for engaging on the interfaction drama that Team Flare promises to deliver next arc, and to everyone who is willing to indulge in my little theatrics on this Pokemon forum. I'm so happy with the stories I've been telling here, and I really appreciate being able to write with all of you. <3 Can't wait for the shenanigans that will happen for next AC!

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,663 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK VII
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2023 0:02:44 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

CANON AC TEMPLATE

[break]

• any notes/comments: Thank you for giving me the opportunity to write a literal eldritch abomination/cryptid, and thank you to everyone who has revealed the unique desires monster!Zev has awoken in them (I am looking at you, Crow and Dove).

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
awards
712 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK VII
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2023 0:05:37 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

CANON AC TEMPLATE

[break]

• 1. THEY DIDN'T LIE, THOSE TREASURES REALLY WERE RESURFACED[break]

Shred was an active participant in the Battle of Resurfaced Treasures, though perhaps calling him an "active" one would be something of an exaggeration. While others toiled on the battlefield, fighting a desperate battle of life and death, Shred spent his time hunkered down in a nowhere cave. Instead of relying on himself, he made use of his Pokemon, sending them on simple missions such as battles against Laurence Anderson, Hyakkaryoran Tsubaki, and Lam Logan. All of this, both offense and defense alike, were just small parts of his single greater plan - Operation Yoink.[break][break]

A rather grand name for a primitive idea - Kidnap as many League associates and wayward civillians as possible, ransom them back to the League, wipe their memories of the incident, and make off like a bandit with the profits. If they didn't end up paying? No skin off his nose. He could just wipe their memories and release them anyway! Sure, he wouldn't profit, but at the very least, it wouldn't weigh down on his conscience. Either way, he'd get to keep whatever they had in their pockets. Or at least, that was how he explained it, anyway.[break][break]

Again, not a particularly elegant plan, and even still, it didn't work out quite as he hoped. More than once, he had to leave the safety of his cave and venture onto the battlefield anyway, such as during a close call with Matias Silph, and during the Faction Race. However, despite the occasional hiccup, the plan seemed to go off without a hitch, with few people, if any, being any the wiser.[break][break]

Did his performace in the Battle of Resurfaced Treasures influence his promotion? It's hard to say. Judging by the timing of his promotion, it certainly seems likely, but few, if any, in positions of power would even know about the strange scheme of Operation Yoink. No, they would only know of his performance in the Race, but isn't that telling in its own right? A reckless fool, willing to charge into battle against legendary titans over things as fickle as "friendship" and "attachment", all with little regard for his own life... Whether they make a good Beast or a good martyr, they'll find their place in the upper echelons of Team Rocket soon enough.[break][break]

Yeah, this one is weird, but I really wanted to close all my RT threads before starting too many proper Beast ones, so I had to make do. I really didn't want to do the usual kind of "Shred goes around and fights nine people and goes home" kind of arc, but I also needed 4500MP for a Meltan, so the Pokemon-placebo stuff was kind of a compromise to that. Overall? Kind of a bunk arc, tbh. It's pure no-money-no-clout-no-bitches Gruntcore shit that doesn't really work now that Shred is a canon and arguably has at least two of those things. I wouldn't be surprised if 95% of his RT contribution is never mentioned again. But that other 5%? That's Meltan, babey.[break][break]

SHORE with Lars[break]
    SHORE with Matias[break]
    SEA with Tsubaki[break]
    SEA with Isaac[break]
    SKY with Lam[break]
    SMOG with Howard[break]
    Rocket Race (It was one post but it was a really good one so c'mon please let me have this)

• 2. SETTLING IN[break]
    Shred Zeppelin is a Rocket Beast, and frankly, that's kind of fucked up.[break][break]

Sure, he's arguably talented at Pokemon battles and debatably loyal to the cause, but he's also highly broke, highly uneducated, and highly mentally ill. He has few appreciable skills and many debilitating flaws, and that's not even beginning to get into the whole "thinks he can talk to Pokemon" thing. So, why him? Only a few hours before his promotion, he was busy mopping floors and fighting a demon snail, and only a few hours later, he's suddenly good enough to serve as the elite?[break][break]

It just doesn't add up. A more cynical man might've thought the whole affair to be rather suspicious. But Shred Zeppelin is not that man, and he's not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. So, he takes the promotion, and celebrates, in one sense of the word.[break][break]

What follows that emotional high is an awkward feeling out process. What actually is a Rocket Beast, anyway? Like, what do they do? What are their responsibilities? What kind of power do they have? What kind of bullshit can they get away with? Where does he fall on the pecking order of Team Rocket as a whole? Above grunts, sure, but what about Executives? Other Beasts? Former Head Scientists?[break][break]

The work certainly doesn't feel much different. It feels like grunt work. Grunt work with a fancy coat of paint, maybe, but still grunt work. Surely, there's more to it than this? There's gotta be, right...?[break][break]

...Well, at least the pay is pretty good.[break][break]

Sort of an introductory plot, meant to properly bridge the gap between "Shred is a grunt" and "Shred is a Beast". Honestly? Didn't pan out like I wanted. If I could've gotten a few more threads about the promotion itself, I would've been happer with it, but that didn't come to pass. Still, even if its not great, it functions as a transistion from "Shred A" to "Shred B". Sure, I wish it could've been better, but it got the job done, so I'm not going to lose sleep over it.[break][break]

SNAIL ON THE RAMPAGE[break]
    Looking Down[break]
    Ascend Beyond the Stars, They Do Not Wait For You[break]
    Chain Reaction[break]
    One Hour Later[break]
    It's So Abomasnover[break]

Shred hasn't gotten the Gholdengo avatarship yet because the admins are COWARDS (please do not give me a Gholdengo avatarship)

• any notes/comments: I'll admit, this is not my best work. Between finishing out RT (Which happened Pre-Promotion) and running Courier Carnage (Which is, thankfully, ending soon), I couldn't really commit to my plots in the way that I wanted to. But, on a more positive note, I already feel a lot more confident about the next AC. I've got a few things cooking relating to BMI/The Toxic Chain, and I want to start threading with a lot of newer players and non-canons on both League and Rocket, so hopefully, by the next AC, the plots will be much crisper.[break][break]

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
dinner in bed, and korean food, say ‘i love you’ just a little bit too soon.
awards
1,498 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK VII
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2023 0:06:10 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

CANON AC TEMPLATE

[break]

• player/ooc name: lou
  • character tags:

• 1. seesaw? seesaw[break]
    Since his rise to gym leader rank, Lam has felt newfound responsibility and obligation within the league. Despite his contentedness in his current position, the growth of relationships with other league officials—in particular his friendship with , leave him wondering if he should remain there, or climb higher with the encouragement he’s been provided. Greyson continues to work with him, throughout several interactions, but the anxiety this sudden weight produces is explored elsewhere, such as in his RT mission with , who shares a certain like-mindedness.[break][break]
    Though he participated in true battles and missions alongside his fellow leaguers throughout the duration of RT, it became a bit of a common trend to see Lam opt for pacificism and standing down when the option presented itself. He refrained from worsening a confrontation with , and mutually waved a white flag when encountering during a moment when neither of them were in a fit state to fight. Encountering on the shores of the island yielded no fight at all. Rather than engage him regardless of pleas of surrender, Lam chose empathy and turned him over rather participate in needless conflict.[break][break]
    A pivotal moment came in the form of his encounter with , who let herself be known only as The Visionary. Their conflict was also short-lived, and opened the door for more confused deliberation on Lam’s part as she put forward the idea that there is a greater enemy to be found in the DRK Triad, rather than focusing on the factional divide. A sentiment that only echoes his own doubts, and desire for maintaining his pacifistic beliefs. [break][break]
    Still, there were blows to be dealt. Many of these battles provided the opportunity for Lam to act with a degree of wit and confidence, though it explored the truth that this was no more than a show of bravado. Primary examples can be seen in his conflicts with and , where his upbeat demeanor and cheerful confidence in battle only mask the true apprehension he actually feels in the face legitimate danger.[break][break]
    The pressure to succeed and be a strong front is only set to continue, along with his internal struggle as it drums up conflict at home. Fear brews itself in miscommunication and the fallout it creates with his partner, , when he returns home with an injury courtesy (another battle that risked the potential of a worse outcome,) after assuring Rook that he would be safe. The argument only conflates his uncertainty between what sort of protectiveness and service comes naturally, and what might actually be the burden of expectation and obligation he feels from the push to climb higher, no matter how well intended.[break][break]
    His waffling begs further questions to be explored—is pushing himself worth the risk to what he’s built for himself here? And where does the line draw itself?
[break][break]
relevant threads:

• 2. gym leaderli..ness?[break]
    Having settled more into his role as a gym leader, Lam continues to take on challenges at the Lilycove gym in order to provide training and learning opportunities for different trainers, as well as emphasize collaborative battling among the contenders of his gym.[break][break]
    As he continues to adapt and adjust, though, his efforts and civic connectivity takes on a greater emphasis. As seen in the Gym Leader group chat, he expresses a desire to ensure the utilization of powerspots and dynamaxing is a safe exercise, and that they are properly equipped to handle what could be a risk to their residential if not maintained/kept safe. Though, at the same time, remains open to curiosity and study of these spots as a beneficial tool if used properly—this is then furthered as he studies the spot that has emerged in Lilycove with fellow gym leader, , and Lilycove resident, .[break][break]
    Interaction with his fellow gym leaders becomes a beneficial tool in understanding his responsibilities and place within the league infrastructure. This is seen both in his efforts to continue his own pass through the gym circuit (ongoing battles with and ,) as well as conversations about gym leader semantics with .[break][break]
    Locally, Lam looks to support Lilycove and its residents—participating in the recent Bubble Tea Brewing Showdown, hosted by . He runs into her again while helping out with holiday décor in the city’s department store, and assists in taking care of some pesky birds. Along with longtime bestie, , he explores the Tera Tunnel that has also burrowed itself under the city to ensure that it doesn’t interfere with the safety of Lilycove. As he ingratiates himself within the Lilycove community, his sense of self and dedication to its residents better establishes itself. Though, funnily enough, some of the friendly connections he now unwittingly builds turn out to be with the rocket members he avoided heavy conflict with ( and ).
[break][break]

ongoing challenges:

• any notes/comments: meowy kaZOWIE

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,427 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK VII
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2023 0:14:52 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

CANON AC TEMPLATE

[break]

• player/ooc name: Blue Star
  • character tags:

• 1. Gym Leader Biz[break]
    Hideo's been keeping up with his duties as a Gym Leader. Gym challenges keep on coming, and he keeps processing them, battling the challengers and rewarding them if their performance is sufficient. However, it seems like Rocket's started paying him some visits - for completely wholesome challenges, of course.[break][break]

The following challengers have completed their challenges since the last canon AC:[break][break]

• - In It To Win It - a Traditional 2v2 between Hideo and Absalom Steel. The lesson taught here was to always seek out new experiences, as this was Absalom's first double-battle; one must always be prepared to adapt and overcome an ordeal they've never encountered before, and Absalom was able to do so.[break]
    • - Don't Get In Trouble - a Traditional 1v1 between Hideo and Davey Jones (totally his real name). Davey handled the battle extremely well, such that Hideo had little to teach; the battle itself served as a test of Hideo's own skills at battle, for Rocket to see just how much of a threat he could be.[break]
    • - Clashing Strikes - a Traditional 2v2 between Hideo and Kouji, framed as Kouji (totally not a Rocket) trying to "jump" Hideo outside his Gym. Hideo was able to redirect the "jumping" into a proper Gym challenge, and Kouji tested Hideo's resolve by trying to convince him out of being a Gym Leader - to which Hideo resisted.[break][break]

The following challenges are currently ongoing:[break][break]

• any notes/comments: Been in a bit of slump the past couple months due to work and life stress so not as beefy as the first.

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK VII
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2023 0:23:05 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

CANON AC TEMPLATE

[break]

• player/ooc name: Howard Slayte/Magnetic
  • character tags:

Regice isn't real sorry

• any notes/comments:
    I highly recommend checking out anything by the writers mentioned in this post. They're all really cool! Also first AC AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

[break]

[break][break][break][break][break][break][break][break][break][break][break][break][break][break][break][break][break][break][break][break][break][break][break][break][break][break][break][break][break][break][break][break][break][break][break]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK VII
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2023 0:24:26 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

CANON AC TEMPLATE

[break]

• 1. DIMENSIONS, SEA HOENN, AND BEYOND.[break]
    over the course of the past year (and the prior year as well), illeana has slowly been creeping toward a greater understanding of how to best help universe 820 - whether it's through dimensional studies, ventures into the wilds, or furthering general awareness of sea hoenn's survival within the league, she has consistently been at the forefront...
    [break][break]
    most recently, with the help of characters like and , illeana has begun the slow journey of seeking solutions for the dimensional instability of hoenn's reality. trips to the wilds, especially lesser megalopolis with , have produced a familiar pink energy that seems to be repairing holes in the planes of reality. the same pink energy had also been found in primal with , where it had been filling gaps in the dimensional pocket beneath rustboro. there, illeana had also found something quite odd: the sense of altered space. so far, she has yet to really understand what this means but there are more pieces on the board than before.
    [break][break]
    most recently, her goals continue to spread around the dimensional stability of hoenn. trips to lesser megalopolis with have introduced the concept of the shiny machine into the forefront of her mind. this machinery, in her theorized concepts of it, could help repair wounds on hoenn's reality but they have yet to secure a piece of the machinery for her to tinker with further. she does, however, continue to take trips with into the wilds in hopes that by gathering the ultra beasts, she'll be able to figure out how the megalopolans utilized them to break through to hoenn from ultra space. there is also the concept of ultra space decaying that still sits in her mind, not quite focused on as of yet but still existing. at the moment, she relates it to the wilds causing this decay, however. she also still has both and working on gathering additional information during their own wilds, which they have reported previously and will do so again in the near future.
    [break][break]
    this particular plot point has been an overarching narrative i've been working on for a while now and i hope to continue to work through it as hoenn continues to get wonky dimension-wise. the hope is that by continuing with the wilds and the cave of origin once sootopolis is on the table, we'll get the league closer to understanding how to seal off hoenn from interdimensional threats and hopefully prevent both sea hoenn and kyurem from entering our realm of existence. it's been a steady process of trial and error but i'm very excited to see how future site narrative continues to add new facets into this plot hehe. sea hoenn, ur still in my sniper sights tho!
    [break][break]
    below are a list of threads that relate to dimensions, sea hoenn, etc:
    [break]
    primal - with , ongoing [break]
    status report - with [break]
    expedition log - with [break]
    lesser megalopolis: ia #4 - with [break]
    lesser megalopolis: ia #2 - with [break]
    survey: isaac & illie - with [break]
    shore: nomi & illeana - with [break]
    suburban legends - with

• 2. LEAGUE/ROCKET ALLEGIANCES[break]
    with the help of the recent resurfaced treasures event, i was able to dive a bit deeper into the blurred lines between league and team rocket. whether it was strengthening bonds, formulating alliances, or furthering an existing hate, illeana was able to clash or work with a variety of different characters.
    [break][break]
    on the rocket side of things, she faced people like , , , , , , and . each one produced an interesting facet of the age old question: are we really so different?
    [break][break]
    in , she found an unlikely partnership solidified by a common enemy - the DRK triad. in , she found a possible ally against sea hoenn for they are hunting his shadow lugia, which she provided information to him about in an interdream mist influenced haze. in , she found her paranoia about sea hoenn reach a new height and she did not like the person it made her. in , she found an unlikely believer in her and what she can do - a concept that has been slowly playing out throughout her threads with theo as he finds her to be a selfish asset to exploit. in , she faced the link between them and lost her gathered information in the process, which she will look to get back one way or another. in , she found her blood being taken from her (reverse sea hoenn style) after placing her sketched spatial rend on display in an aggressive display of stolen power. in , she found the reveal and parallel of her childhood friend not escaping the familial ties that bind them both to rocket.
    [break][break]
    with the rocket resurfaced treasures threads in particular, i wanted to highlight the morally grey area illeana has found herself in. the likelihood of her relating to and understanding those in rocket has increased as of late, with resurfaced treasures providing the playground to explore these concepts a little further.
    [break][break]
    on the league side, illeana continued to work with the familiar faces of , , , , and . she also found a new face in , who she seems to work well with despite his abrasive exterior. she runs into him again in everlong, where they face off against kyogre. during their encounter, she makes mention of the blue orb and how it ties into the titan's return to the seas. another encounter with kyogre also features , where the blue orb makes another return...
    [break][break]
    as we get further into faction based conflict and as a previous advocate in aqua assembly 4 of attacking sootopolis, illeana has found herself in an odd position of wanting to continue to uphold her loyalty to the league and also relating to those within rocket. the line between the two has become rather blurred and despite trying to step carefully, she has found herself teetering that morally grey line of siding with both. it will place her in a precarious position moving forward as she helps tackle the DRK triad and works with to continue their research into league topics like the blue orb, dimensions, and dynamax.
    [break][break]
    below are a list of threads that relate to league and rocket allegiances:
    [break]
    shore: nomi & illeana - with [break]
    sea: gavin vs illeana - with [break]
    supply: roy & illeana - with [break]
    everlong - with [break]
    holy revival - with [break]
    sea: kouji vs illeana - with [break]
    tremble - with [break]
    sea: theo vs illeana - with [break]
    survey: isaac & illie - with [break]
    shore: tori vs illie - with [break]
    sky: mint vs illeana - with [break]
    supply: fernando & illeana - with [break]
    secret: io - with [break]
    smog: greyson & illeana - with [break]
    smog: paxton & illeana - with [break]
    ( sorry it's all rt :sob: )

no longer avatar - utilized as an arc of loss & coming to terms with the aftermath of tasting power only to have it slip out of your grasp.

• any notes/comments: excited to keep plotting with you all for as long as you'll have me <3 ily guys mwah mwah mwah and happy holidays!

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK VII
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2023 0:26:49 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

CANON AC TEMPLATE

[break]

Describe how your character, their avatarship and their legendary, have been used to help create a collaborative narrative on site. Helpful questions to ask are: how has your character embodied the values of their legendary? How have they developed? How have they been used as narrative tools to help push the stories of characters (non-canons and canons alike)? How have they shown weakness versus strength to provide nuanced depictions of power dynamics?

• any notes/comments: For this canon AC, Navy is giving out the valor badge to . This is being roleplayed out in this thread. Navy is giving it to Howard for showing exemplary courage during the 2nd Battle of Dewford, not knowing the man is a Rocket.

close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
long black tulips, born in your blue tints. lemongrass eyelids, smoke in your slick lips.
awards
967 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
CANON ACTIVITY CHECK VII
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2023 0:29:00 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkyac"]

CANON AC TEMPLATE

[break]

• 1. rt: chaos for chaos' sake[break]
    Throughout the duration of the conflict, a variety of League members, and some fellow Rockets, would have seen a masked figure alongside their patron, Shiny Tapu Koko. Though it wasn’t initially revealed to be the admin, their encounters were marked by a distinct sense of playful malice and causing problems for the sake of it. Though there have been glimpses of this behavior during Post-Dormitum, these skirmishes marked a clear emergence of a wilier, more openly antagonistic side of them.[break][break]
    Despite their concern and desire to reconnect with , who they had been separated from during the conflict, they fully embraced their position as a problem causer, and they openly flaunted their avatar powers. Often, Fern engaged without much provocation, and was seen to actively delight in causing harm and distress to those who came up against them. This is especially prominent in their battles with and —wherein Fern disregarded the safety both pokemon and persons beyond the typical parameters of battle.[break][break]
    This marks a pointed departure from their uncertainty in physical confrontation during the events of PAAA, and their wariness in causing permanent harm or loss. Rather than their typical preference to wiggle loose from tight corners, they have pushed themself to the point of arrogant confidence, flaunting their abilities with the sort of panache that was typical of them, but far more conniving and coy, previously.[break][break]
    Culminating in a reconnection with both and in separate encounters, Fern’s face is revealed in both instances as the fighting comes to a head. A sense of retribution was sought with Matias, as Fern openly showed themself so that they could revel in the upper hand they maintained after being subjected to Matias’ own arrogance during their prior battle during PD. Aided by during their showdown with , they set aside some personal feelings toward a fellow dragon-aficionado to, once again, wholeheartedly accept their commitment to pulling the league’s metaphorical pigtails. The feeling of lost potential camaraderie lingers – perhaps in another life, yes? (In a prior encounter with , a kinder, more sympathetic side of them shows itself as they set aside their position for a short while - though the councilwoman remained unaware of their knowledge of her.)[break][break]
    Now, due to their lack of subtlety, Fern is actively known to the league as an active Rocket avatar, though under the alias, Harper Beck.— opening the door for more active pursuit of mischief making. [break][break]

relevant threads:

• 2. where do you come from, where do you go?[break]
    As they adjust to their connection to Tapu Koko, Fern continues to have their sense of autonomy thrown into imbalance. Following the events of Disseminate II and their paranoia toward the higher stations within Rocket, they have been left to wonder if that was simply the doing of the berserk influence of and chien-pao, or they have simply been less inclined to disguise their skepticism of their own volition.[break][break]
    As their nature grows more erratic, glimmers of their calming and softer nature shines through. Exceptionally so in their interactions with directly after Disseminate II, and during their initial arrival during RT - acting as a balm to the other avatar's own instability. However, after a particularly harrowing loss of control within the thick of Interdream Mist, Fern is left to wrestle with their worst fears and their disdain for that lack of control.[break][break]
    Ultimately, they forge a greater trust for Tapu Koko’s continued presence, even as they continue to treat each other with a push and pull dynamic as they egg one another on. Their muddied sense of self becomes entangled with Tapu Koko’s—something that has been shown in bits and pieces. The deity’s fascination upon meeting Hoenn’s Tapu Fini, and then unmistakable sense of listlessness aids to its own sense of uncertainty in itself. While repelled by a mutual desire for distinction, Fern and Tapu Koko pull together and mirror one another:[break][break]
    In nature, in stubbornness and pride, in a desire to figure out who each of them are, and where their footing is meant to fall.[break][break]
    As a result, there is a push to pursue more examination into where Tapu Koko has come from, and if its being within this Hoenn will cause problems. More pursuits into Lesser Megalopolis alongside (and hopefully others to come,) as well as an interview with look to shed light on what exactly this bond is, what it can endure, and how it will continue to influence—for better, or for worse.[break][break]
    Which part of Fern is the real one, and who is The Charlatan? Is it only a result of Tapu Koko’s mercurial influence, or have these pieces of Fern been there all along?

[break][break]
relevant threads:

• 1. AVATARSHIP: ✨ SHINY TAPU KOKO[break]
    The name of the game is being a scourge! As Fern’s avatarship continues, and their continued relationship and bond oscillates between repellant and co-dependent, the manifestation of Fern’s behavior has become making just about anything and everything a problem. At least as far as the league is concerned, as highlighted above in first plot about Resurfaced Treasure. However, this has also cropped up as well in their uncertainties about leadership during Disseminate II, and their willingness to agree to a deal of mutual secrecy with regarding Tapu Koko and Tapu Fini—but only as long as that silence benefitted them. Though they ultimately found no need to reveal the underboss’ cards for her, the thought was still there.[break][break]
    Thus pinning Fern as a marked table-flipper as they deem fit. Their allegiance remains to themself, and now as a result of their tether, Tapu Koko as well.[break][break]
    As Fern delves into a sort of Lokian stage in nature and action, the opportunity is now opened up for more conflict and unrest to be bred as they actively move forward to antagonize the upper brass of the League (starting with AQUA tapu koko? Hehe? Jk…unless?? :eyes: stay tuned.) And in turn, as they struggle with the duality in their fickle moods, and desire to maintain independence, they will continue to look to their fellow Rockets for assistance in uncovering the origination of their alt-world patron. So long as this help favors Fern and their goals, of course. I mean, for the glory of Rocket...haha.

• any notes/comments: what's writing? i've forgotten how to do that. haha xoxo ty for the good times, may they continue to ROLL!!